Type keyword(s) to search

Annie & David: On An Allowance at 48? He's Good, I Think

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yeah, I like having the tea spilled but I can't get on board with what Antonio did. He is all over Facebook right now, posting that shit in every group he can find. For his part, Chris is also active in the Facebook groups, too. They all come across as famewhores. 

I really am upset about the way he is impugning and shaming a young woman who is desperate enough to marry David Poor to escape her past. I loved his glorious insult that blended Penguin, Batman, Ninja Turtle, But he has thrown shade nonstop since then, and now he comes across as a jerk.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

It doesn't surprise me a bit. On their boat ride, she basically told David Penguin that if he didn't come through, she would find somebody else (although she's got nobody waiting in the wings).

I can see Annie as having a capacity for being very manipulative, but at the same time, she's very sad and desperate. If she was truly working at a "duck soup bar" as Antonio described, that's a miserable existence, one old man's duck after another, day in and day out. She probably started when she was very young, perhaps 14 or 15, or even younger. It's all she knows and she is desperate to find a new way of life. That's why she sticks with David Pour even though "he's coming at her old, broke, with kids he doesn't care for, etc."

I don't know what Annie's mother's attitude was towards her line of work. How do you accept money that your daughter earned, you know, through duck souping? Maybe she refused it, though. Who knows? So many layers in this story! 

Maybe Annie didn't see any other way out of prostitution than escaping to the United States? She just seems so unhappy and broken and desperate. 

I'm guessing resentments had already been building when Antonio blew up at David Penguin. He said on his page that David had said a bunch of other insulting inappropriate things, and he had only been there two days. And, he suggested part of why Annie stuck with him was she was anticipating a continued steady flow of cash from the affluent Chris, who is a retired pro-football player. Something tells me things have gone south, but Antonio can't say because he's in "Facebook Jail" and can't post for three whole days. Wonder who turned him in? Drama with a capital D!!!

#FREEANTONIO!  

• Love 5

One thing they did right: I wish I could go to the Pacific a lot and watch the sun set. I think it would be good for whatever ails you, alone or as a couple.

Saw in the preview for the next episode that Nikki seems to be giving David Pour his walking papers. She and her husband (Jock Chris) don't seem to have been on the same page about this all along. That's on them. 

I think each 90DF couple is coached to whip up as much drama as possible, so they can stay on longer, get more paychecks, etc. 

• Love 2

Ugh! I almost lost my morning coffee at the mere thought of David Poor writhing, grunting, and sweating all over poor Annie.  I can see Aika being much more mercenary because Josh, loser that he is, has much more than David Poor. And he doesn’t crush Aika with his weight.

What’s in it for Annie, other than coming here?  She’s been couch surfing since she arrived and this upcoming episode says she’s going to Kentucky to do more of the same. She’s already earned her card. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Typos. I need new glasses.
  • Love 7
On 11/30/2017 at 2:04 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

#FREEANTONIO!  

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I wasn't really onboard with what Antonio did. It started out okay in the episode but then he made me very uncomfortable with continuing the argument and attack the way he did. As for what he did on Facebook...I found it all very crass and disrespectful. Calling Annie out like that, repeatedly thanking his new "thousands of followers", posting screenshots of the messages he's received from people saying he needs his own show, etc.-that just screams that, whatever their faults, he's as much a famewhore as the rest of them. I'm not listening. 

• Love 20
On 11/26/2017 at 9:54 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

Gastric bypass can cause you to get drunk faster, but it also wears off faster.

I'm not sure this is true.

David is a classic addict- meaning, his vice was food before- and because he didn't address his addiction issues, he picked up another vice- alcohol.  There's a reason someone stuffs their face mindlessly, injects drugs, drinks too much, or gambles away their last penny. And if they don't figure out what that reason is and face it head on, the self-destructive behaviors continue.  I remember years ago, before the advent of TLC and its exposing every sad, dysfunctional person's life of hoarding/binge eating/marital issues, etc, watching a show about a young woman who underwent gastric bypass and lost a couple of hundred pounds. Only to then start clubbing, binge drinking and sleeping with every guy she laid eyes on.  She was very poor (lived in somewhere like the mountains of WV), and it was all chronicled over a couple of years and televised. Very sad.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

If you choose to research it's quite well documented. Scientific even. The surgery creates a pathway where much of your small intestine is removed (bypassed, which is why they call it gastric bypass) and so the alcohol hits your system much more quickly. 

Further, there is a documented evidence of transfer of addictive behavior. So if you are no longer able to eat and that was your addiction, people turn to alcohol, gambling or shopping addictions. That's why reputable doctors have patients undergo psychiatric evaluations and offer post surgical patients support groups.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

If you choose to research it's quite well documented. Scientific even. The surgery creates a pathway where much of your small intestine is removed (bypassed, which is why they call it gastric bypass) and so the alcohol hits your system much more quickly. 

Yes, I was reading about this too. The other thing that was interesting was that many post bypass patients (the one who struggled with alcohol that is) were heavy drinkers before the surgery. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that David poor was a drinker before his surgery. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

It is true. My mother had the surgery and she had to attend some group informational meetings beforehand. The alcohol issue was something that was discussed quite frequently. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

This is unreliable gossip that has a good chance of being true. David Pour is still unemployed. 

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he tried to get himself on some form of disability for diabetes or arthritis or something.

That doesn't surprise me.  He is pushing 50, diabetic, overweight, and has been living abroad for several years.  His options are pretty limited, I suspect.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

That doesn't surprise me.  He is pushing 50, diabetic, overweight, and has been living abroad for several years.  His options are pretty limited, I suspect.

It spells disaster all around. His only options are being hired by someone who knows him, and of course people who know him would not hire him precisely for that reason... because they know him.

David Pour doesn't exactly present like a go-getter. 

We all know, if David Pour doesn't have a job, his full time job should be finding a job. I'm guessing David Poor's idea of full time was, "I did email my resume to somebody last week... We have no groceries now."

This spells disaster all around.

I was taken aback by how Annie stated that it did not bother her that Chris and Nikki were beholden to her for ten years. David and Annie both tried to make Nikki feel bad for not knowing, and indeed Chris put her in a terrible position by not telling her. I'm guessing Annie will not feel motivated to work either because she has no skills and she knows Chris will be legally obligated to provide for her. Also, she stole money from Nikki before she left (probably angry for being put out).

Nikki may regret not playing hardball and prosecuting Annie for the theft, revoking the K-1 visa.  Especially if Annie has a couple of kids that they will have to also provide for. Of course Chris wouldn't have allowed Nikki to play hardball because David is his "best" friend. I mean, I feel sorry for  Annie, but she sure seems entitled! And I sure wouldn't want to support her and any kids she has for ten years!

Annie seems to view Chris and Nikki as a pot of gold from which she can just take and take and take.

As for co-sponsoring, Chris, YOU WERE SO DUMB TO DO THAT! Listen to your wife more, and don't ever set her up like that again!

David is no best friend. He's a crappy friend.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 12

I was taken aback by how Annie stated that it did not bother her that Chris and Nikki were beholden to her for ten years. David and Annie both tried to make Nikki feel bad for not knowing, and indeed Chris put her in a terrible position by not telling her

I'm part of a forum of mostly ex-military guys that are interested in a foreign relationship.  One guy lost his job and needed a sponsor to bring over his foreign fiancé.  All they're required to do financially for the foreigner is to help out in case of default by their other half until they get their green card.  After that, its just paying for them to get home if they go back to their home country.  The show last night was very misleading....as usual!

• Love 9

Don't forget that Annie has a stash of Chris and Nikki's money in a Water Buffalo that Chris, Nikki OR David Poor can't get their hands on. The dowry is a very smart practice on the part of the families. That is the ONLY smart move that Annie or David Poor has made. David's drunken antics got him booted out of Chris's home, shown him as a drunk mess easily googled by any future employer AND will forever be associated with the most memorable put down since "Up your nose with a rubber hose!".  Annie's drunken smirk at dinner put the kibosh in her enjoying the hospitality and support offered by Nikki. These two have to sober up if they want to start coming in Kentucky. They are their own worst enemies. 

• Love 6

Nikki is gorgeous; she reminds me of Iman a little bit. She needs to take her kids and let Chris and David Pour implode.  And as someone upthread stated, Annie showed us who she really is; she's going to stay in the US and she doesn't give a rat's ass who pays for it. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

He is pushing 50,

David isn't even 50?  Good Lord!  I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes at 53 and I don't even like sweets.  Sugar problems isn't necessarily about sugar but how food is digested.  Pasta, bread etc turn into sugar.  I changed my life on that day and have been in the normal zone ever since.  I have lost weight and since I don't drink it isn't a problem.  Alcohol has a lot of sugar.  Some beer is low on carbs and has no sugar.  He is a walking dead man.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Spooky said:

Nikki is gorgeous; she reminds me of Iman a little bit. She needs to take her kids and let Chris and David Pour implode.  And as someone upthread stated, Annie showed us who she really is; she's going to stay in the US and she doesn't give a rat's ass who pays for it. 

I don't think Nikki needs to take the kids.  The amount of money Chris has squandered on David Poor is probably not life changing to their family, based upon the lifestyle they have.  I have read conflicting information about how serious the 10 year commitment is, but I am under the impression that is mainly gives the government the right to seek reimbursement for any public assistance received by the immigrant who you sponsored.   A divorce would do far more damage to the family's finances, not to mention to the children.   Nikki should put her foot down however (and it seems like she has) and tell Chris no more handouts for David Poor.  

Their best strategy would be to try to stop the marriage from happening.  If the marriage doesn't happen, Annie would have to go back to Thailand when the 90 days are up and Chris and Nikki would have no financial obligation.  If I were Chris, I'd probably cut my losses and pay David Poor a few baht to call off the wedding, and pay for a plane ticket home for Annie Goldbahts.  I'd kick in an extra water buffalo or two, if she insisted.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 6
On 12/3/2017 at 10:29 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

This is unreliable gossip that has a good chance of being true. David Pour is still unemployed. 

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he tried to get himself on some form of disability for diabetes or arthritis or something.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he remained “unemployed” and sought SSDI for his poor health - all while working “under the table” for Cash Chris. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't think Nikki needs to take the kids.  The amount of money Chris has squandered on David Poor is probably not life changing to their family, based upon the lifestyle they have.  I have read conflicting information about how serious the 10 year commitment is, but I am under the impression that is mainly gives the government the right to seek reimbursement for any public assistance received by the immigrant who you sponsored.   A divorce would do far more damage to the family's finances, not to mention to the children.   Nikki should put her foot down however (and it seems like she has) and tell Chris no more handouts for David Poor.  

Their best strategy would be to try to stop the marriage from happening.  If the marriage doesn't happen, Annie would have to go back to Thailand when the 90 days are up and Chris and Nikki would have no financial obligation.  If I were Chris, I'd probably cut my losses and pay David Poor a few baht to call off the wedding, and pay for a plane ticket home for Annie Goldbahts.  I'd kick in an extra water buffalo or two, if she insisted.  

That's a really good idea! Chris could make her return to Thailand well worth her while, and she wouldn't have to be so far away from that lovely mom of hers who pimped her out her family.  Annie would have enough money to live well without returning to her former job.

I also get the impression that the financial obligation can be very serious. I think Nikki's panic was real. And, Annie perceives herself as being on some gravy train that nobody can kick her off of.

While I'm sure David can bribe his kids on birthdays and Christmas, I still believe he is probably fairly close to broke. Otherwise, he wouldn't need a co-sponsor. The whole brokeback fiance storyline, while overly dramatized at times, has its roots in reality.  Again, Nikki's concern was genuine as is her love for Chris. The two of them seem to have a very happy, romantic marriage. Everyone has problems. There biggest one is David Loser.

6 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I'm guessing that he bribes his kids with presents, but I seriously doubt he has anything stashed away unless he conned Chris into sponsoring Annie. (Well, in a way it is a con because David Pour isn't trying very hard to find a job. Hell, even flipping burgers would be better than nothing. A night clerk in a bowling ally, something!) 

I keep forgetting he's only 48 years old. He carries himself like he's 68.

It's just hard to imagine a man going on national television and shamelessly admitting he had nothing for the sake of a storyline if he were really successful. 

• Love 1
On 04/12/2017 at 0:08 AM, Real Eyes said:

He is also no longer listed on the Fantasy Thailand website - maybe he got fired?

• Love 3

While I see what alot of you are seeing wrt Annie seeming like she doesn't care if Nikki and Chris are on the hook for her for 10 years, I think a lot of folks dont really understand what her life may have been like. Firstly, no mother in Thailand encourages their daughter into sex work, the usual MO is the daughter or an 'employer' offer the parents a great job in the big city and the farmer parents believe them - even if its believing them because they're so poor they want to not think of what the new job could really be. Also, if you've not been desperate enough to have to resort to becoming a sex worker, please dont disparage those who have, because you can never know what that is like. I say this having worked with many sex workers in HIV-prevention programming.  None of them grew up thinking "oh boy, I cant wait to become a professional sex worker when I grow up!" It's something done out of a level of desperation that nobody on a forum like this could ever understand. I'd like to think I have at least a little compassion for someone in such a shit situation. There is very little about this show that feels real, with the possible exception of what Annie's life must have been like before she met David. The fact that she felt that a drunk, out of work, broke ass alcoholic like David was her best ticket out of that life is even sadder to me. So when she comes across like "yeah so what, you guys are on the hook for me for the next 10 years, I know, so what?!" I read that as, "You have NO idea how fucking lucky you are Nikki, to have the life you've had, so please forgive me if I'm not sad that I now have a shot at something better than blowing men for a living!" That's what I hear when Annie replies to the girls night out comments. And to that end, the entire premise of the Girls Night was bullshit because it was just a way for Nikki to stick it to Annie on camera. It came across to me as very disingenuous..."Hey Annie, let's get all dolled up and go out on the town so I can immediately call you out on something on camera, it'll be fun, really!" Fuck that shit. Nikki is as nasty as her brother is from where I'm viewing this shit show. Nikki also seems to revel in asking Annie if she loves LA, and how shitty KY is going to be. How is that being a friend? She also mentions she lived there for 3 years or so, so perhaps Nikki's background isn't all that shiny and pure either. Just sayin'...

Chris and David, I think, want to be on TV and thought this was a great avenue to pimp themselves, but they didn't realize what sad ass morons they both come across as. I felt sad for Annie when they walked into that firehouse...it was depressing as hell. Someone'd been sleeping in that bed obviously. The door was open? WTF? Unless Chris has someone go open it for them, that was creepy as hell. The entire situation is just awful. And I dont think Annie is being snobby being bummed out at the firehouse because she was staying in C&N's nice normal house in LA. I think she would have felt that way if they'd flown straight to KY and gone there directly. She was staying in hotels with David in BKK that were way nicer than that fire house.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 16

I love Louisville!  I used to play poker right outside of Lville on the Indiana side for many years and met a lot of good people!  Its sort of like the deep south in some ways, but much more racially tolerant then the deep south or rural Kentucky.  I'm from Indy though so anywhere else seems interesting:)  Flat and boring unless you live in Omaha:)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he remained “unemployed” and sought SSDI for his poor health - all while working “under the table” for Cash Chris. 

That's difficult to get particularly if you have been living abroad but there are so many WTF in David's story.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Thanks to the link from @Gigglepuff  I fell way down an internet rabbit hole. Here's some of what I stumbled across (each link led to another)

The first one was from a live chat on you tube by Auntie Advice..seems as tho Ashley Toborowsky (David's water throwing daughter) was in this chat.

20171205_152035.png

2nd one was David commenting on a TV show in Taiwanese.

20171205_152203.png

3rd (and Ashley Toborowsky is commenting on another Auntie Advice you tube video. It seemed to me she is saying her father, David Poor, had a vasectomy like Josh did?

Ok..enough of the rabbit hole for me..lol

rps20171205_153214.jpg

Oh yeah, and Annie is on Facebook as:

Chanoknat Angel Suwan :)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5

Thanks, @ChiCricket.  Now I'm also in that rabbit hole.  Did you see pics of David from just a couple of years ago?  He looks like an entirely different person.   Current David looks like he ate 2014 David and it's all settled in unfortunate places.  

And as someone who is also chubby, I'm going to kick myself for body shaming him and go to the gym.  

• Love 10

I got to thinking.Perhaps Annie could feel like she won the loser lottery.Her choices: 1) remain a bar rat in water buffalo central or 2) Mr Personality in the good old US of A.David Pour is an obese diabetic alcoholic.Three strikes against the performance plan.Things in his nether regions may remain pointing in a southerly direction most of the time allowing Annie to put her joyful availability joyfully into more pleasant areas.Sadly he may be her lesser of two evils.

Brain Bleach please plus a finger bowl of it to dip my typing fingers into.

• Love 3

According to his posts, a year ago he was living and working in China and so was Annie. So much confusion about this storyline. 

15 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

3rd (and Ashley Toborowsky is commenting on another Auntie Advice you tube video. It seemed to me she is saying her father, David Poor, had a vasectomy like Josh did?

Ok..enough of the rabbit hole for me..lol

rps20171205_153214.jpg

Oh yeah, and Annie is on Facebook as:

Chanoknat Angel Suwan :)

So I feel conflicted about this. The nosy side of me is like, "Alright! Spill some more tea, please, with an extra dose of gossip." The other side of me feels embarrassed for Annie and the rest of the family. I mean, Ashley might one day decide to have a relationship with her dad and she may even warm to Annie. It will be hard for everyone to forget that she did this on the internet, however, for just a few minutes of attention. Although I bitch about my family, and especially my husband's family, in private I would never air my grievances in public this way. 

• Love 8

Also, the part about her not being able to speak to Annie because she doesn't understand anything seems to indicate more that she just didn't want to take the time to get to know her because we have seen Annie have conversations with many people and understand and communicate her point.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Also, the part about her not being able to speak to Annie because she doesn't understand anything seems to indicate more that she just didn't want to take the time to get to know her because we have seen Annie have conversations with many people and understand and communicate her point.

YES, exactly! And, that's not right.

I think they have deep resentments towards their father (for good reason), and they're taking it out on Annie.

They're some xenophobia thrown into her statement as well.

I don't get people who whine about not being able to understand foreigners.  They've travelled so far just to be here, and they're speaking to us in our native language. The least we could do is listen a little more carefully and be more respectful. 

Maybe it's because I was raised being exposed to people from all over the world, and that happened from a very early age. I forget that there are people out there who have not been exposed to different types of accents. I'm thinking, REALLY?

However, they're out there because the foreigners have subtitles on the show. Somebody obviously needs them. And, there's nothing wrong with not having been exposed. It just means that the person needs to have some patience, politeness, and respect when listening. 

But they're lack of understanding comes out of resentment rather than actually not being able to understand her because hey, Annie's English is far better than her Thai.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, gingerella said:

While I see what alot of you are seeing wrt Annie seeming like she doesn't care if Nikki and Chris are on the hook for her for 10 years, I think a lot of folks dont really understand what her life may have been like. Firstly, no mother in Thailand encourages their daughter into sex work, the usual MO is the daughter or an 'employer' offer the parents a great job in the big city and the farmer parents believe them - even if its believing them because they're so poor they want to not think of what the new job could really be. Also, if you've not been desperate enough to have to resort to becoming a sex worker, please dont disparage those who have, because you can never know what that is like. I say this having worked with many sex workers in HIV-prevention programming.  None of them grew up thinking "oh boy, I cant wait to become a professional sex worker when I grow up!" It's something done out of a level of desperation that nobody on a forum like this could ever understand. I'd like to think I have at least a little compassion for someone in such a shit situation. There is very little about this show that feels real, with the possible exception of what Annie's life must have been like before she met David. The fact that she felt that a drunk, out of work, broke ass alcoholic like David was her best ticket out of that life is even sadder to me. So when she comes across like "yeah so what, you guys are on the hook for me for the next 10 years, I know, so what?!" I read that as, "You have NO idea how fucking lucky you are Nikki, to have the life you've had, so please forgive me if I'm not sad that I now have a shot at something better than blowing men for a living!" That's what I hear when Annie replies to the girls night out comments. And to that end, the entire premise of the Girls Night was bullshit because it was just a way for Nikki to stick it to Annie on camera. It came across to me as very disingenuous..."Hey Annie, let's get all dolled up and go out on the town so I can immediately call you out on something on camera, it'll be fun, really!" Fuck that shit. Nikki is as nasty as her brother is from where I'm viewing this shit show. Nikki also seems to revel in asking Annie if she loves LA, and how shitty KY is going to be. How is that being a friend? She also mentions she lived there for 3 years or so, so perhaps Nikki's background isn't all that shiny and pure either. Just sayin'...

Chris and David, I think, want to be on TV and thought this was a great avenue to pimp themselves, but they didn't realize what sad ass morons they both come across as. I felt sad for Annie when they walked into that firehouse...it was depressing as hell. Someone'd been sleeping in that bed obviously. The door was open? WTF? Unless Chris has someone go open it for them, that was creepy as hell. The entire situation is just awful. And I dont think Annie is being snobby being bummed out at the firehouse because she was staying in C&N's nice normal house in LA. I think she would have felt that way if they'd flown straight to KY and gone there directly. She was staying in hotels with David in BKK that were way nicer than that fire house.

Thank you for sharing this. It was one I needed to stop and think about, and now I'm feeling a little ashamed that I didn't consider these things sooner. 

Also, about Annie's "rudeness." I don't know a lot about Asian culture, and certainly if I traveled back to Asia I would learn more. I do know that they kick our asses as far as subtlety goes. And, they are not so direct. Annie's blunt statements may have been her attempt to assimilate by copying Nikki's directness. And, they were said with a smile because smiling is such a part of their culture and so tied into politeness and decorum. Perhaps she simply missed the mark. What might be an ice cold nature and true colors on the surface could really just be a few cultural differences.

I'm not going to rule out the notion that she is a little ruthless and mercenary, and that is born out of desperation. It's a bad situation because I don't blame Nikki for resenting the fact that she's been forced into it, especially if Annie's plan is to sit on her butt and let them provide.

I guess it depends on how much money Chris actually has. He appears to be a multi-millionaire so it's not like he's giving away he's kids college funds to care for Annie. Certainly they wouldn't want to sponsor any more of David's wives, but this one won't hurt them financially. They would do well to cultivate a positive relationship with Annie. She needs friends.

My guess would be Chris has never really had to struggle to get by, but Nikki has, hence her practicality. But it's a mistake to assume the worst of Annie so early in the game.

Cut David Penguin loose, certainly. I get why Nikki wanted him gone. I'd get tired of looking at his lazy old turtle face over the breakfast table every morning. And the fact that he thinks he deserves a vacation is utterly outrageous and indicative of his state of mind. The more I see how horribly he has behaved towards everyone, the more I don't want to look at him.

And he's still climbing on top of Annie at night. I hate to go there, but that's the situation. I guarantee that's on her mind when she can't block it out.

There's obvious sexual chemistry between Nikki and Chris, but Annie and David Pour, NOPE.

I could see things getting polarized very quickly if they alienate Annie, and it might be more expensive for them if they do that. Not to mention more detrimental to her spirit.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

According to his posts, a year ago he was living and working in China and so was Annie. So much confusion about this storyline. 

So I feel conflicted about this. The nosy side of me is like, "Alright! Spill some more tea, please, with an extra dose of gossip." The other side of me feels embarrassed for Annie and the rest of the family. I mean, Ashley might one day decide to have a relationship with her dad and she may even warm to Annie. It will be hard for everyone to forget that she did this on the internet, however, for just a few minutes of attention. Although I bitch about my family, and especially my husband's family, in private I would never air my grievances in public this way. 

I totally understand your conflictedness! (I just made up a word.)

I brought the tea Antonio spilled about Annie's profession. I mean it was no secret or anything, and he's the one that said it, but still...

I'm curious as all get out about their 'relationship.' But, I do feel bad for any embarrassment Annie might feel.

Overall I feel that the conversation about her has been gentle and sympathetic.

And, you're right. That is Ashley's dad. He might get sober someday.

To quote The Social Network, 'The internet is written in ink.' 

Maybe I'm misquoting.

Anyway, hopefully David will be able to understand and forgive. He's already made such an ass out of himself. Secondary damage caused by his daughter is minor by comparison. It should have been private, but now that it's public I am lapping it up like the curious creature that I am.

The best thing that could have happened to him might be seeing himself drunk and lumbering around on camera. Maybe that will convince him that he needs to go to AA. He said he always drinks to get drunk. For a stroke victim, that's insanity!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I don't get people who whine about not being able to understand foreigners.  They've travelled so far just to be here, and they're speaking to us in our native language. The least we could do is listen a little more carefully and be more respectful. 

Maybe it's because I was raised being exposed to people from all over the world, and that happened from a very early age. I forget that there are people out there who have not been exposed to different types of accents. I'm thinking, REALLY?

However, they're out there because the foreigners have subtitles on the show. Somebody obviously needs them. And, there's nothing wrong with not having been exposed. It just means that the person needs to have some patience, politeness, and respect when listening. 

Coach - just a "personal experience" response to your post.

Mr. AZC is the most polite, respectful, accepting person on the face of the earth.  But there's something in the wiring of his brain - and he literally cannot understand most people with accents . . . even genuine "English-speaking" people (Brits, Irish, Scots).  It's so bad that when he has to set up an appointment with a doctor, I have to confirm with the office staff that the doctor doesn't speak with an accent.  I consider it a disability on my husband's part (no worse than a person in a wheelchair asking if an office is accessible).  

Honestly, when I first became aware of it, I thought the same thing you did, "He just needs to listen more closely."  But after I've seen him on many occasions politely asking someone (whom I understood the first time) to repeat something three times, I've had to accept that he genuinely cannot understand what's being said.  Closed captioning is almost always on at our house.

He can't dance either.  In spite of ballroom lessons.  He just can't.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

YES, exactly! And, that's not right.

I think they have deep resentments towards their father (for good reason), and they're taking it out on Annie.

They're some xenophobia thrown into her statement as well.

But they're lack of understanding comes out of resentment rather than actually not being able to understand her because hey, Annie's English is far better than her Thai.

Not to get political, but xenophobia is at an all-time high and that's just wrong!  I feel bad for Annie's situation and she's probably not a bad lady!  At the same time I can see where DavidPoors daughter can't stand dear old dad and anyone/anything connected to him!  I had a cousin commit suicide in September.  Her father left her and her mother and started a new life with a wife/kids that he actually cared about.  She never got over it.  DavidPoor didn't exactly abandon them but he's obviously been a shitty father/grandfather.  Actually he left the country for Thailand for many years so he did abandon them.  Its normal for her to hate him and anyone connected to him.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

SO MUCH confusion.  While I was exploring various tunnels in the rabbit hole yesterday, I saw what looked to be a reunion set pic with them and Shawn Robinson, this was on Annie's FB page.  It was dated 2016.  

THIS JUST BEGS SO MANY MORE QUESTIONS.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Thank you for sharing this. It was one I needed to stop and think about, and now I'm feeling a little ashamed that I didn't consider these things sooner. 

Also, about Annie's "rudeness." I don't know a lot about Asian culture, and certainly if I traveled back to Asia I would learn more. I do know that they kick our asses as far as subtlety goes. And, they are not so direct. Annie's blunt statements may have been her attempt to assimilate by copying Nikki's directness. And, they were said with a smile because smiling is such a part of their culture and so tied into politeness and decorum. Perhaps she simply missed the mark. What might be an ice cold nature and true colors on the surface could really just be a few cultural differences.

I'm not going to rule out the notion that she is a little ruthless and mercenary, and that is born out of desperation. It's a bad situation because I don't blame Nikki for resenting the fact that she's been forced into it, especially if Annie's plan is to sit on her butt and let them provide.

I guess it depends on how much money Chris actually has. He appears to be a multi-millionaire so it's not like he's giving away he's kids college funds to care for Annie. Certainly they wouldn't want to sponsor any more of David's wives, but this one won't hurt them financially. They would do well to cultivate a positive relationship with Annie. She needs friends.

My guess would be Chris has never really had to struggle to get by, but Nikki has, hence her practicality. But it's a mistake to assume the worst of Annie so early in the game.

Cut David Penguin loose, certainly. I get why Nikki wanted him gone. I'd get tired of looking at his lazy old turtle face over the breakfast table every morning. And the fact that he thinks he deserves a vacation is utterly outrageous and indicative of his state of mind. The more I see how horribly he has behaved towards everyone, the more I don't want to look at him.

And he's still climbing on top of Annie at night. I hate to go there, but that's the situation. I guarantee that's on her mind when she can't block it out.

There's obvious sexual chemistry between Nikki and Chris, but Annie and David Pour, NOPE.

I could see things getting polarized very quickly if they alienate Annie, and it might be more expensive for them if they do that. Not to mention more detrimental to her spirit.

@CoachWristletJen, thank you for getting what I was trying to say. You are right, Asians, and Thais in particular, are very proper, smile all the time and never say a bad thing in public to anyone. It's their culture. But much like nice Southern gals, they can be ruthless once they're in a private space. I can imagine that Annie sees a lot more wealth than we do with C&N, I mean to me, they live in a nice tract home, nothing more. It's not OMG theyre so rich from where I sit. But if you've been raised in a small village and have farmer parents who are literally dirt poor and you've had to resort to sex work to support yourself and your family, I can see how Annie might think it's just no big deal for Chris to be on the hook for 10 years given all he has. Anyway, thanks for hearing me...I appreciate that.

• Love 2

So I went down the Rabbit Hole with a stick and poked a few things along the way. I believe they are all in it for fame and money and the stories are Bullshit. Maybe to get their own series or for Annie to become Real Housewife of Kentucky. The whole thing was shady fro the beginning and I question the truth about Annie/Angel. No small village girl would have the tattoos she did and the Baht and  Buffalo exchanged was Bullshit. She was a bar girl and I am sure both Chris and several others have had her. Maybe she was/is part of the Fantasy Thailand gig. David is a slug and how desperate does Annie have to be to be with him unless there is money involved.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

@CoachWristletJen, thank you for getting what I was trying to say. You are right, Asians, and Thais in particular, are very proper, smile all the time and never say a bad thing in public to anyone. It's their culture. But much like nice Southern gals, they can be ruthless once they're in a private space. I can imagine that Annie sees a lot more wealth than we do with C&N, I mean to me, they live in a nice tract home, nothing more. It's not OMG theyre so rich from where I sit. But if you've been raised in a small village and have farmer parents who are literally dirt poor and you've had to resort to sex work to support yourself and your family, I can see how Annie might think it's just no big deal for Chris to be on the hook for 10 years given all he has. Anyway, thanks for hearing me...I appreciate that.

I appreciate your insight! Annie is very different from David, and hopefully, she will find a job that she can do and apply herself.  She will be pleased with all of the amenities the United States has to offer. It would be nice if Nikki can rethink her stance and work towards being kind and keeping the peace! Hopefully, if Annie understands that David's money is not unlimited, and that supporting her for ten years would take a bigger bite out of their finances than they are prepared to handle. (I'm sure that they could easily help her with a lot of things, though. Cosmetology school, for example. Getting her set up in an apartment when living with David becomes unbearable which it will. Those are things that they could very easily afford.)

It was kind of touching to see Annie all dressed up for a night on the town with Nikki. She had Nikki's makeup style and hair style and was probably wearing one of her designer dresses. There was something almost Cinderellaesque about it. She was loving her new life, far away from the atrocities that she had endured. It makes sense that she would also be imitating Nikki's brash openness and straightforward way of speaking. To Annie, Nikki was a sort of real life fairy princess, living all of the dreams she had envisioned. The two of them simply misunderstood one another that evening.

• Love 8