Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Yet that isn't fair, either. Some people are fine being spoiled about certain aspects of the show, i.e. "When is Bo returning?" or "Who will be the baby-daddy?" or "When will Kate rediscover her brain when it comes to Clyde?"

I'd suggest a compromise. If the identity of the killer is leaked before the on-show reveal, perhaps those posts could include "killer info" so that those of us who want to be surprised can avoid being spoiled.

Yeah, creating a new thread for a single storyline is overkill (heh), but this is a group that has been able to get along through some really awful things. I'd like to think we can find a way to get through this as well.

Someone who wants to modify the spoiler thread then should email the mod and ask.  What they say goes.  

• Love 3

My opinion is this is a spoiler thread when you click on spoilers you never know what you will see, weather it be Bo coming back or who a killer is, that's why it's a spoiler thread

I agree with this because who is the ultimate arbiter of what might be a super top secret spoiler versus just a regular spoiler that everyone is at risk of viewing?  

• Love 3

With respect, if one doesn't want to be spoiled, then one should not visit the spoiler thread.  I don't think we make exceptions within the spoiler thread on what we want to be spoiled on--it's the spoiler thread, everything is fair game.

• Love 14

I do not want to know who the killer is.  For instance, I am very glad I didn't know the exact date of Paige's death.  And there hasn't been a big murder mystery on Days since Melaswen and this is their Big Deal Anniversary Plot. IMHO it's a little different than the usual spoiler.  I expect people to speculate and that's all fun, but I'll have to maneuver differently to avoid this page. Melaswen is a great memory for me because I didn't have internet or read magazines and had no idea people weren't dead, there was just the shock people kept dying. 

I usually click on view next topic and when I get there I don't know what topic I'm in sometimes unless I scroll up.  That's how I usually end up here accidentally.  So now I go to Days and check for new comments and only click on the ones I want, but that just takes me to the topic page to scroll down to remember where I left off. I guess I'll be doing that from now on. The advantage of the view next topic button is  that nice yellow line that shows me where I left off. That probably sounds lazy on my part but I've had too many jobs that hounded me to avoid as many keystrokes as possible. I personally like the idea of using the spoiler tab for the time being. But yes, I'll stay away.

Seems like putting the killer's identity behind a spoiler tag would be a simple solution. It's easy and doesn't really inconvenience anyone who wants to be spoiled. 

I think that would be the simple solution provided the identity is even leaked before the reveal date. Maybe this time (with the anniversary and all) they will really keep in under wraps.  Otherwise, all the discussion is just speculation, deduction, and possibly some clues, all of which should be fair game in this particular thread.  Also, it would be very hard to separate out some of the spoilers since we don't know who all will be included in this plot, possibly most of the cast considering the extend of the storyline.  What might seem like a general spoiler today could be a major one in a month. There's just no way to evaluate what one person is okay with and another one isn't.  

• Love 2

I think Paige and Serena's deaths were the calm before the storm, I think that there will be more deaths that will change the show forever...Once the killer is revealed to us, it will be even fun to dissect his motives for causing so much mayhem..I think that Aiden will try to kill Hope to get her money and she will kill him, based on the promo where Hope stabs the killer with a scissor...Everybody will think that the killer has been vanquished, only to be terrorized by another murder. I think Aiden will try to kill Hope like the serial killer, in an attempt to hide his culpability..He wanted Hope to be thought of as yet another  poor victim of the serial killer...Clyde and Ben are red herrings..They will be killed as well...I  think the killer is either Eric or Daniel..

Here are my reasons for Eric or Daniel as the killer..

Eric : traumatic history, mental illness in family, hates Dimeras( frame Chad). 

Daniel : in the past he has been judgemental of others but now he is so defensive of and devoted to Nicole. I remember a dark side he showed when Kristen kidnapped him. He seemed to enjoy inflicting pain on a woman. He is a predator of women. His groping of Chloe  on the examination table, throwing Chloe out of their home with a newborn baby...I think Daniel has a God complex and likes to insert himself in people's lives, so that he can play hero. He has munchausen by proxy  syndrome. Perhaps he has been killing patients for years now at the Salem hospital and Serena discovered that and had to be silenced, Paige as well..If the show really wanted to go very dark with Daniel, they could say that he killed baby Grace, by giving her a bacteria that mimicked meningitis. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I  think the killer is either Eric or Daniel...

I would love to see either one of them as it would be totally unexpected and out of character.  And it would finally bring some real depth to their characters. 

I feel like at this point we can basically rule out the following:

Hope and Rafe since they are working the case as well as JJ since he found Paige, unless the writers are going with a split personality troupe.

Chad unless the writers are using some strange plot twist of going with the obvious.

Steve and Bo since Steve was with Joey during the first murder and Victor during the second, and Bo is being held captive, unless the writers are oblivious to continuity errors.

Aiden since he’s scheduled to leave the show in November and the serial killer storyline goes into 2016.

Edited to Add:  Justin might make an interesting killer too. Would explain his sudden personality change and his push to arrest/convict Chad. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

So was the necktie strangling of Serena detail made public? That is was red with the little designs on it? If not then it would have to be someone involved with the case somehow. Usually the police keep a couple of details secret so that if someone fesses up they can tell if it's legit by that detail. If it has been mentioned then...nevermind. That's all I got (for now).

• Love 1

So I'm still on the fence about whether I want to know who the killer is before Nov 9, but for now I think I'd miss the speculation talk, so will keep popping in here.  And maybe the spoiler sites won't come right out and say "???? is the killer"  Maybe they'll just say "killer revealed on Nov 9", but of course, we already know that.

Back to keeping the killer out of this thread, or spoiler-tagging it, after thinking a bit more about it, along with reading everyone's comments, I realized that even if everyone currently posting here agreed to not blurt it out, that wouldn't prevent a new member from popping into this thread and spoiling us.  So looks like it's either avoid the spoiler thread or take your chances. :)

Still wondering if it's Rafe.   Since the Dimera estate is right by the park (or is the park!) Rafe could have picked up the petal while out running and dropped it in the shower when he was alone with Paige's body. Or, of course, when he killed her.   And I did a little Googling and learned Gabi had dated Chad at one time and it wasn't a amicable breakup.  But then someone in the current show forum mentioned how Rafe is Dena's pet, so him ending up in prison would limit the stories she could write for him.

Then there's Eric. Wonder if he's still composing himself in faux-Roman's office.

I just hope whoever the killer is that it is not a Dimera. Gets tiring when every bad thing leads back to Stefano. (i.e. Aiden)

• Love 2
Then I think  folks who feel this way need to stay out of the spoiler thread until the reveal.

I think that's a bit a harsh - again, this is a special anniversary spoiler, not your run-of-the-mill issue like "Marlena makes a choice this week!!1!" that we can speculate about without really impacting our enjoyment of the show too much. 

I realized that even if everyone currently posting here agreed to not blurt it out, that wouldn't prevent a new member from popping into this thread and spoiling us.  So looks like it's either avoid the spoiler thread or take your chances. :)

I'd like to think the Mods could work with us on this one...deleting/editing if someone comes along who unintentionally spills the secret ID without knowing we've got an arrangement to use spoiler tags until November 9th.

I'll reach out to the mod and see what we can do. The point here is for everyone to be able to enjoy the show and the discussion around it, right?

So what's up with Peter Reckell? I keep hearing contrasting things about his contract status with Days. Is he back for the long haul or for a short duration? Seems such a waste to get rid of Daniel Cosgrove if Bo is only gonna be around for a few months.

• Love 5

I think it was a 3 month contract that Peter signed and his interview pretty much confirmed that he has finished taping and he said that Ciara will carry on with Bo's legacy, that pretty much tells me that Bo will die...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

So was the necktie strangling of Serena detail made public? That is was red with the little designs on it? If not then it would have to be someone involved with the case somehow. Usually the police keep a couple of details secret so that if someone fesses up they can tell if it's legit by that detail. If it has been mentioned then...nevermind. That's all I got (for now).

Eric was left alone in Roman's office.  Maybe Eric saw some notes on the case?

• Love 2

I think that's a bit a harsh - again, this is a special anniversary spoiler, not your run-of-the-mill issue like "Marlena makes a choice this week!!1!" that we can speculate about without really impacting our enjoyment of the show too much. 

I'd like to think the Mods could work with us on this one...deleting/editing if someone comes along who unintentionally spills the secret ID without knowing we've got an arrangement to use spoiler tags until November 9th.

I'll reach out to the mod and see what we can do. The point here is for everyone to be able to enjoy the show and the discussion around it, right?

This is a spoiler thread. Not sure why we hide spoilers in the spoiler thread.  

• Love 5

I just think the idea of trying to hide the killer's identity in the spoiler thread is doomed to fail. It's too easy for a poster who missed this whole discussion to come along and post the spoiler, and even if a mod agreed to delete or spoiler-tag such a post, too many posters will already have seen it first.

Some in this forum aren't even careful about not posting spoilers outside of the spoiler thread without a spoiler tag - if I were to go to the Current Plots Discussion thread and count up non-tagged spoilers within the last couple of weeks, I bet I would only have to go a few days back before I reached double digits.

I understand the idea behind treating the killer's identity as a special spoiler, but without even bothering to address whether that is right or wrong in principle, it's just impractical IMO.

If it makes anyone feel better, I rather think that there will not be any official spoilers revealing the killer's identity anyway - for such reveals, the spoilers tend to be along the lines of "The killer will be revealed on X date!"

• Love 7

There are quite a few weeks to go until the official reveal - surely some spoiler speculation will end up being pretty close?  It's hard to tell sometimes where speculation ends and spoilers begin.  (That's assuming the writers are laying out real clues and not just red herrings.)

From SOD:

Chad thinks that Stefano is setting him up, so he storms into the mansion and gets into a screaming match with Stefano.  Stefano starts clutching his chest and is rushed to the hospital.  Chad thinks there is nothing left for him in Salem, so he makes plans to skip town, but Abigail talks him out of it.  She asks him to go see Marlena to see if she can hypnotize him into remembering what happened.

In the meantime, "Stefano's recovery is put into jeopardy, thanks to an unexpected event."  Probably the arrival of Andre?

I hope Andre isn't the serial killer, it's wrong to bring in somebody from out of left field.

• Love 5

If it makes anyone feel better, I rather think that there will not be any official spoilers revealing the killer's identity anyway - for such reveals, the spoilers tend to be along the lines of "The killer will be revealed on X date!"

That's how I'm hoping the spoiler sites handle the revelation.

From SOD:

I hope Andre isn't the serial killer, it's wrong to bring in somebody from out of left field.

Me too.  If it does end up being Andre or Stefano, or someone else working for Stefano, I actually hope I get spoiled by that before Nov 9th, otherwise, it will be a very disappointing reveal.

• Love 3

I'm kinda curious if the Nov. reveal will be a really big--as in we didn't see it coming a weeks away--reveal or it will simply be finally showing the killers face for confirmation even though we've all figured it out by then.   Will be interesting to see how Days plays this. 

• Love 3

Celebrity Dirty Laundry says there will be an attempt on Marlena's life, but she won't be killed.  They speculate that Will will save her, and die in the process.

Days's Facebook spoiler page says that JJ will be worried that his mother will be the next victim of the strangler.

Abigail will find out about the tracker app on her phone.

Gabi is released from prison Thursday

• Love 3

Would the show really kill off Marlena's first grandchild in such a callous manner? That would mean that Sonny and Will would not mend fences before his death. how horrible for Lumi..I hope that is not true and it is just a rumor..Sonny would be destroyed and filled with guilt...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I think Will has been pretty unlikeable for a long while, but they could salvage it with a recast in a few months. It would make sense with Sonny's return though to have him come back, maybe make some peace with Will and then leave town again.

Wonder how many of these days are going to spark responses of "I should have valued person _____ more!" from the survivors. Eve/JJ/Eric are all feeling it now, and if Bo and Will go, Hope/Sami/Lucas/Sonny will feel the same way.

Of course, Lucas and Sami losing Will certainly sets the stage for them coming back together as a couple in the next year, if AS were to return.

The show was really setting Eric up nicely today to be the baddie...though I'm not sure I want it to go that way. As much as we've been saying he's got potential to be great, the actor was rather wooden today, even with new material.

• Love 1

The show was really setting Eric up nicely today to be the baddie...though I'm not sure I want it to go that way. As much as we've been saying he's got potential to be great, the actor was rather wooden today, even with new material.

I agree, the actor is just bland and boring. I would really be surprise if the writers put him and Nicole back together. Ugh, letting Xander go was such a waste!!

• Love 1

After all these years of watching Days, I really can't get too bumbed out about a character being killed off because dead only goes so far on Days. That's not to say I didn't spew curse words at Corday and the writers last year when they killed off EJ while willing the tears not to form, but even now I see where JS has said he's not coming back at this time, maybe later so like I said, dead doesn't mean much in Salem.  Heck, Steve, Hope and many other main players have been dead in the past and are walking around Salem alive and well right now. Very few characters have been killed off and remained that way. On this show, a character is like a cat with nine lives. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

Celebrity Dirty Laundry says there will be an attempt on Marlena's life, but she won't be killed.  They speculate that Will will save her, and die in the process.

I read somewhere that Marlena is attacked after Chad goes to her to get hypnotized trying to regain his lost memories. So again Chad is involved.

• Love 1

So was that Marlena who's getting attacked in that promo a while back, fighting back with a pair of scissors?  

I'd be fine with Will just getting attacked and rendered comatose, but I also don't think he should be exempt from being killed just because he's gay, or Sami's kid, or whatever else.  Plenty of important, legacy characters been killed (and often brought back) over the year.

• Love 1

Not too many legacy children have been killed on Days..Only Zack....Will and Shawn Douglas were born on the show and we saw them grow up on screen..I have a problem with either of them dying.. I still remember when Zack was pronounced dead, Hope screaming, the expression on Bo's face and Lexie's reaction..It was well done, but I hated it...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I was talking about overall legacy characters, not legacy kids who grew up on-screen.  And after this show had Alice choke to death on a donut or whatever (yes, later retconned, but they still let that shit air), nobody's untouchable.

But like I said, I'll take a nice, long, off-screen coma for Will.  I don't think he's dying.  Sami's visit is short and Lucas' story sounds like it's about Adrienne's health crisis.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
I agree, the actor is just bland and boring. I would really be surprise if the writers put him and Nicole back together. Ugh, letting Xander go was such a waste!!

WORD. Xander could have been a grey character like early Kristin or Kate and lasted a long while.

• Love 3

One of the biggest problems with Greg Vaughn is that he just doesn't do heavy shit very well. He's so much better as light and charming then brooding and morose. And that angry strangled whisper he does just makes me think 'Take a laxative and go sit down on the pot for awhile. You'll feel much better. And then maybe don't eat so much cheese.'

• Love 5

After all these years of watching Days, I really can't get too bumbed out about a character being killed off because dead only goes so far on Days. That's not to say I didn't spew curse words at Corday and the writers last year when they killed off EJ while willing the tears not to form, but even now I see where JS has said he's not coming back at this time, maybe later so like I said, dead doesn't mean much in Salem.  Heck, Steve, Hope and many other main players have been dead in the past and are walking around Salem alive and well right now. Very few characters have been killed off and remained that way. On this show, a character is like a cat with nine lives. 

Corday said that if they die after September 1, they're going to stay dead.  Of course, that means nothing.

• Love 4

MODS - can we make a separate thread for discussion of the identity of the serial killer if/when it is revealed?

A lot of us come on this thread specifically to discuss general spoilers, and would still like to be surprised when the big reveal comes around...

Let's please not spoil the killer's ID for each other when it comes out, okay .

This is a "spoiler & shockers" titled thread. So you think we should have separate spoiler threads based on storylines?

Spoilers for the week of September 21st...

Monday September 21:

Armed with new information, Steve heads off to find Bo – and ends up with an unexpected stowaway.

Tuesday September 22:

Rafe explodes when a key figure from his past returns.

Wednesday September 23:

Marlena is attacked by the killer!

Thursday September 24:

The identity of the Necktie Killer is revealed!

Friday September 25:

Andre DiMera returns to Salem to assist an ailing Stefano.

Lani Price, a cop from Miami, arrives in town and takes an immediate interest in Abe.

That has to be a red herring about the killer being revealed. It's way too early and I thought the reveal was set to happen in November.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Here is a picture of Clyde and Jennifer; Jennifer looks scared and Clyde looks like he is enjoying her fear..I wonder what this is all about...If Clyde was not a complete Psychopath, he could be a viable villain that the show needs going forward..Victor and Stefano are played out....The show never groomed the next generation to take over for them..

jennifer-face-to-face-clyde-days-hw.jpg

• Love 4