Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

She may come back, depends on whose idea it was for her to leave Biggest Loser. If it was hers, then I don't see her returning longterm soon. However, it was not hers then it's possible she'll return to DAYS sooner rather than later.

• Love 1

Doesn't AS have some kind of mystery series she's doing with Cameron Matheson (ew)?

The Biggest Loser doesn't seem to have the popularity it once did.  That show always seems to be steeped in some kind of controversy about its dieting methods. Whoever made the decision, I think it's good she's leaving now.  If I were her, I'd probably be tired of being on the treadmill and on a diet for that show.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

That promo is divine. I am super excited about the new regime.  I wish we had Jack, Kim, Shane and Wilson sprinkled into it..It would have been perfect for me...I keep watching it over and over again...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I have a bad feeling about Will..I think he will be killed by the serial killer and Sonny comes back for his funeral..Lumi will be devastated in their grief for their firstborn.Those who hate him will rejoice at this demise..Gabi will leave town with Ari and share custody with Sonny..I could be wrong..We will see..I just read a Q&A with Higley..She hinted that Sonny will be recast, since Freddie does not want to return.Shawn-Douglas will be recast as well..Bo will not be long for the world..I think Peter came back to give Bo a proper sendoff..I think Rafe will be the new Daniel under the new regime...She was gushing about Galen and she said that he  is one of her favorite actors..I also think Daniel will either die or be a victim of the serial killer...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I will cry if they kill Will. I may not appreciate Guy Wilson's portrayal of him but it would be a shame to kill him. Recast Will AND Sonny and continue this somehow. Fix the damage or move on or whatever...but continue it. #WilSon.

• Love 4

I am not surprised. What will they do now Sonny is gone? I hope Will and Paul hooking up won't happen...

Hey, we'll be lucky if Will and Gabi hooking up (again) doesn't happen.

The show is incapable of writing for a bisexual character.....No thanks! Tomsell who are gay fucked up Wilson and Paul, individually and collectively....

Since the show has repeatedly shown itself incapable of writing convincing stories for straight and gay people, I don't see why bisexual people should be the exception.

And I guess I misremembered Gabi's motive for killing Nick; I could have sworn it was more about Nick's control of her than any attempt at that time to separate Will and Ari. I knew the self-defense angle wasn't going to stick. But then, I found Gabi's motives ill-conceived at the best of times.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

I don't want Will to die either..I can see them doing it though...I think Sonny will come back wanting his family back, only to discover Will has been killed.Sonny would be racked with guilt, he was not there to protect him. I can see Lumi being devastated by their loss. My goodness! they spent all his life, fighting for him individually and collectively. Lucas would be destroyed. I still remember Lucas collapsing on the floor at the Kiriakis mansion crying for Will, after he was forced to relinquish custody of Will to Sami; after his plot with Kate to frame Sami for Franco's murder was revealed...Kate would be raging mad. that is her first grandson..Marlena would be inconsolable as well..The rest of the Brady family would be in turmoil, it would be a set up for all of the Brady family to come back to Salem..Carrie and Austin would be devastated...They need to be there..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Shawn-Douglas will be recast as well.

Really?  Jason Cook is coming back, is he busy with something else that would keep him from staying on?

As for Will, how about a compromise?  He gets attacked by the killer, but lives, ending up in a coma.  The situation brings Sonny back to town and Will has to be moved to an off-screen treatment facility.  Eventually, if they want, the writers can work back in Will and Sonny with recasts.

Apprentice79, can you link to the Q&A?

I have a bad feeling about Will..I think he will be killed by the serial killer and Sonny comes back for his funeral..Lumi will be devastated in their grief for their firstborn.Those who hate him will rejoice at this demise..Gabi will leave town with Ari and share custody with Sonny..I could be wrong..We will see..I just read a Q&A with Higley..She hinted that Sonny will be recast, since Freddie does not want to return.Shawn-Douglas will be recast as well..Bo will not be long for the world..I think Peter came back to give Bo a proper sendoff..I think Rafe will be the new Daniel under the new regime...She was gushing about Galen and she said that he  is one of her favorite actors..I also think Daniel will either die or be a victim of the serial killer...

I wasn't watching during Will's growing up years, so I only know the Will of the past 12 months or so, and I won't miss him if he is gone. 

Glad they brought back Peter Reckell, even if it is just to make it final that Bo is gone. 

I kept thinking Rafe was too young for Hope, but the last couple days he looked different / older, so it may work.

Any way they get rid of Daniel is fine for me. 

Was the Dena Higley Q&A online? 

Edited by buffynut

Okay, It was a q&a on Facebook. It was private, so I can't link to it. It was in a closed Facebook group page. Any of the about 4500 members were allowed to ask questions.  Then the admin decided which questions to ask Dena. Obviously she didn't have time to answer all the questions. It wasn't an interview, it was a live Q&A,the question was asked and answered in real time.

Dena did a Q&A; Here it is:

Q: Days of Our Lives has had so many amazing musical performances over the years. For the 50th, will there at least be a montage airing of these performances (including Gloria Loring, Patty Weaver, etc)? And secondly, while Days is only an hour long, are there plans to maybe create a special YouTube channel celebrating the 50th for sharing memories over the years that we can relive?
Dena: As far as I know the only special music we are planning on doing is original stuff composed by Ken.

Q. Is there a new gay storyline in the works now that Sonny has left for Europe? I hope so
Dena: We don't consider a story with Paul or anyone to be the designated gate story. You will see Paul played as a member of the Salem community. And it's important to us to play him with his father. I'm thinking when enough time has passed we'll bring Sonny back but probably as a recast. The old Sonny doesn't want to return

Q. Writing for daytime has to be the most difficult job there is...when the ratings are down, it's your fault. When there up it's the gifted actors & chemistry that get the credit. How do you relieve that stress without taking it out on co-workers, family and yourself and keep up the freshnesses of the storytelling when it had to feel you are telling the same story over and over.
Dena: My personal belief is that I must do the best job I can. The future of our lives show doesn't lie with Corday, Sony or NBC. It's in God's hands.

Q. Will Bo and new teen Ciara have scenes that deal with her feeling of anger and abandonment?
Dena: Ciarra and Bo will have scenes together. That's all I can say right now

Q. Nicole is my fave..can you foresee her finally having a baby ??
Dena: I want her to be a mom too. As far as her storyline goes... wait and see

Q. can the families resume back to their homes? Marlena at the loft, Hope in her cottage style home?
Dena: I belive your talking about her town house and yes you will see Mar in her home. And yes you'll be seeing a lot of Hope's house.

Q. Many storylines were left hanging. Will the viewers/fans FINALLY get some closure before some of the characters exit the canvas? Particularly, Clyde Weston's crimes.
Dena: Yes. Josh and I are all about PAYOFF

Q. Will there ever be a good story line for Nicole n Dan?
Dena: They have a very emotional story coming up. Have a box of tissues ready.
Comment: Happy or sad tears?
Dena: Poignant tears

Q. Will you and Josh be shortening the time between filming and airing so that you can better respond to the reception of characters and story lines by the fans?
Dena: No one hates the lag time more than me. But the $ we save doing it that way is the only hope for staying on the air. We think we're pretty good at gauging what's working and what's not by our being down on the set. We also have monitors in our offices so we can watch the feed

Q. Is there a lot of Bo and Hope drama continuing well into 2016?
Dena: As for Bo and Hope, we're playing them as long as we need to.

Q. Are the writers ever going to properly address Theo's autism and the daily struggles that go along with being autistic.....not just for Theo but for those are closest too him?
Dena: Yea. I was all over it before I took my LOA. I think they're a little shy of writing this character without me

Q. How did you and Josh prepare for your position as head writers especially knowing fans were not recognizing the show we all once loved?
Dena: My educational background is aa actress. Josh was I dancer in NYC. We both were staff writers for many years. I was 19 years on DAYS as a staff writer before I even thought about headwriting. As for this time around we used gut instincts

Q. what is your favorite storyline from the past?
Dena: When I first started the shot the ENGLAND storyline leading up to their massive wedding. What wasn't there to love

Q. Will Chad and Abby ever get a happy ending? Will Eve ever get what's coming to her?
Dena: I can only say again that josh and I are all about PAYOFF. We will not leave any story dangling

Q. How much input do you actually have with regard to story line? Does Ken have the final say?
Dena: As head writers we are constantly given notes by Ken and our NBC executive and our new producer. Sometimes the actors give us notes. We don't always agree. I'll leave it at that

Q. Who's idea was the serial killer story line? Yours, Josh's or Kens?
Dena: We inherited the necktie killer story. Of course we change it a lot

Q. Will we see Bo and Hope scenes together after he breaks free from his captors?
Dena: How do you know Bo's "captured"?
Comment: From previews we saw today
Dena: Damn previews. I'll just say josh and I are all about PAYOFF. And we're giving A lot of well deserved screen time to Kristian. #teamhope!

Q. How many writers work under you?
Dena: I have 7 dialog writers, 6 outline writers and 2 clerical.

Q. Is the focus with the new writing to attract the younger viewing population? Or, are you hopeful that every age group will find a place within the storylines?
Dena: I don't belive that only young people love young stories and mature people only love mature stories. A good story is a good story.

Q. Will there still be killings from the serial killer into christmas and the new year?
Dena: I can't say exactly but the killer story will go a long time.

Q. Are specific writers assigned to specific actors/characters or storylines, and do you & Josh create the storyline or do the assigned writers for those characters?

Q. The character of Jennifer always comes across as judgmental and quite frankly a bit of a hypocrite. Are there any plans to tone her down
Dena: I hear ya. In the future Jennifer will have to deal with personal demons.

Q. Do the writers ever look at fan pages (such as this one) and draw inspiration from our ideas to use in story lines or change a story line because of how the fans feel about it?
Dena: No we immediately sign off if a fan pitches story. If we didn't we could get into serious legal troubles

Q. ever thought about bringing Peter Blake back. (Actor recast would be fine) he was never mentioned again, even yesterday Stefano said Chad was is only son left frown emoticon and what about Vivian, Ivan, Billy and Celeste? They should have been in the 50th celebration too..
Dena: If we needed another DiMera we would think about it. Right now frankly there's no room at the inn?

Q. Regarding Paul's paternity, many viewers were not too happy, because the time frames do not fit with the Days history. Many feel that it would have been more fitting that he was a DiMera. Is there a possibility that, that storyline might be changed in the future?
Dena: Yeah Paul being John's son is something we inherited. What could I do?

Q. Will Ciara and Bo have a love hate relationship like Hope did w Doug?
Dena: No we're not going to a imitation of Hope and Doug. The circumstances are completely different for Ciarra and Bo.

Q. Will Jordan ever get revenge on Clyde since she's the one he raped and tortured? That storyline really bothers me still.
Dena: We won't see Jordan again

Q. Are there any plans to recast EJ and return him to the canvas at some point?
Dena: I can't imagine anyone else in the role of EJ

Q. Will we see romance for Rafe into the new year?
Dena: Rafe will find love again. Galen is one of my favorite actors of all time.

Q. Is Bo back for a long time? Dena are you still on a LOA?
Dena: I will be going back to work in a few weeks. I can't answer any specifically your questions about Pete's return except to promise you we are true to the character and the history of the show

Q. Will we see a renewal of vows for Jarlena
Dena: A jar lens wedding? Interesting idea

Q. Will Shelle be back permanently or are they "just visiting" and off soon to sail the world?
Dena: Watch For THE Return Of Shell With A Little Phillip thrown into the mix. Yes Jason as Shawn and Martha as Belle. Will that casting stick? We'll have to see.

Random comments from Dena:

We needed a breath of fresh air for the viewer. And the best way to do that is the serial killer idea.
I call the posession story the ultimate Whoo-woo storyline. We probably not go that crazy but we willing get a little more whoo in the future

I only want to tell stories in which the stakes are as high as possible. That often means good guys are in conflict with bad guys and that translates into life and death.

Well as I'm sure you know Alison is coming back for the 50th. And it won't just be a cameo. She'll have a majorly important story and that will involve Will.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

So...

No mention of a new storyline or love interest for Paul, but there is the posibillity that Sonny will return but only as a recast.

Sami comes back for Will? It really sounds like he might be a goner. But they would not kill him, right? That would be a terrible idea.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

Here is the SOD article featuring Josh Griffith, I liked his article , he was more positive and optimistic..Dena's interview pissed me off..Her love for Rafe sent me reeling...

Josh Griffith says Days was the show he always wanted to write. He was a fan of Days since he wrote for Santa Barbara in the late 80s/early 90s...it's more his sensibility than a couple of other shows he wrote for

Three couples made him fall in love w the show: Bo and Hope, Steve and Kayla and John and Marlena. They will have a lot of action/suspense/romance.

He liked JPL on Winterthorne (he saw pic of him in a magazine) and decided that was the new Philip

The show is going to be faster paced and the look and feel will be more like primetime.

He likes to meet the actors and be in the thick of it as a writer. He likes the feeling of collaboration and thinks the actors do too.

He was asked if he had any pinch me moments as a fan who is now the writer. He said yes, many. For example he was talking to Mary Beth and realizing he's talking to Kayla LOL...he was in love with her 25 years ago & now he's talking to her.

Teases the buildup to Bo's return is going to be be big and then spin out...

Serial killer story is going to spin into a future story that affects Dimeras, Kiriakis and Brady dynasties. Effects a lot of people across Salem

Lessons he learned f other jobs: Don't bring on a thousand new faces, and make fans happy.

Goal: To have no lulls. to have stories that lead to future stories. To keep up the suspense, romance and action

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

You welcome!  Dena sounds a bit bitter though..I have a feeling that Josh is in the driver's seat and Dena is on a tight leash by the network..Plus the Wilson fans were sending her hateful tweets about the idea of Paulson...Really hateful tweets....Some are pissed off with Sonny's departure and the lack of closure for Wilson..The rumors of Will's murder has set some of them off and they are taking it out on Dena...

Edited by Apprentice79

I'm amused she described getting fired last time as a "leave of absence", heh.

I also didn't think she was THAT gushy about Rafe, she only mentioned him once.

Interesting they inherited the serial killer storyline from the previous writers.

• Love 2

I think she's on leave of absence right now, TeeVee329.  Agree about Rafe and the inherited serial killer story.  I can't imagine how it would have went under the old writers.  They probably would have made Nicole or Teresa the killer.

Also, I don't get the sense that Will is going to be a murder victim, but maybe that's because someone posted not too long ago that Guy Wilson was still filming.  So unless these writers have borrowed Ron Carliavati's overused kill-a-character-but-keep-him/her-around-as-a-ghost trope?  Dunno.  I wouldn't mind Will being in a coma, though, so long as the character wakes up as a different actor.

• Love 2

Since Dena's favorite of all time Galen's done a 180 in story and amped up airtime plus she's possibly bringing on papa and his sister back I think Dena's in charge.

Love that someone asked about Peter, but her response there's no room? Really there's like 2 Dimera's left.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Good stuff, Apprentice! At least the pacing I found impressive in yesterday's episode is part of the plan. Interesting that there doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about Jennifer, only that she'll have "personal demons." Hmmmm. I so wish there was hint that Jack would be back to hold onto, but I can't find one, dammit. 

Really good promo video, too -- I've watched it about 5 times and I still haven't caught everything that flashed by. Glad all the waiting is over! 

• Love 2

I'm amused she described getting fired last time as a "leave of absence", heh.

She's on a leave of absence right now.  No explanation, just "personal reasons", but it sounds like she will be back.

NuCiara and NuChase will first appear on October 30.

NuTheo appears November 3.

NuClaire, Shawn and Belle will appear November 25.

• Love 2

SOD says that, surprisingly, the disagreement between Justin and Rafe over the investigation into Serena's death has Justin being the one who wants the investigation pushed in the direction of Chad, and not the other way around.

Love that someone asked about Peter, but her response there's no room? Really there's like 2 Dimera's left.

There's no room because MR is still part of the cast and we all know why Peter is the never talked about Dimera. Maybe if Jennifer bites the dust, Peter can return from the jungle or the grave or the slammer....I can't remember where they shipped him off to so that MR's marriage would be safe ;-)

I don't want Will to die either..I can see them doing it though...I think Sonny will come back wanting his family back, only to discover Will has been killed.Sonny would be racked with guilt, he was not there to protect him. I can see Lumi being devastated by their loss. My goodness! they spent all his life, fighting for him individually and collectively. Lucas would be destroyed. I still remember Lucas collapsing on the floor at the Kiriakis mansion crying for Will, after he was forced to relinquish custody of Will to Sami; after his plot with Kate to frame Sami for Franco's murder was revealed...Kate would be raging mad. that is her first grandson..Marlena would be inconsolable as well..The rest of the Brady family would be in turmoil, it would be a set up for all of the Brady family to come back to Salem..Carrie and Austin would be devastated...They need to be there..

This right here, as much as I think I could learn to love Will again with someone else playing him is exactly why shows used to make the decision to kill off characters like Will. The audience and damn near everyone currently in the show and the former character we most care about are impacted, thus creating long-term ramifications and storyline opportunities. So while I would hate to see it, it is the very thing that would help reboot the show.

• Love 2

Exactly, I can see the show doing that for that reason...The Brady family coming together to bury one of their own..The show could use that to finally make Carrie and Sami become sisters for real and Austin/Lucas as brothers...Their shared grief for their boy..It would even be devastating if Austin and Carrie's son looks alot like Will, when he was his age...They can use this shocking death to propel everybody in so many different directions, for example: will Lumi get back together, Will Paul and Sonny get together...so many possibilities..Perhaps the killer kills Will thinking that he had seen or heard something that would incriminate him...It would be macabre, if Sonny discovered Will's lifeless body in their apartment, next to Arianna playing with her toys, unaware of what is going on...For the serial killer story to work, you would need a victim that is tied to alot of people, not just random day players that nobody cares about...I don't want Will to die, but I can see the writers going there; especially Higley, she loves that type of grittiness..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I have no idea..I do know that she will be sharing scenes with Andre....I remember the actor tweeting that he had a ball with Sami....lol I remember the actress came back twice to tape scenes and Freddie was on set too..Plus that picture of Marlena and Sonny with red eyes like they had been crying...

I agree.  If they were to kill Will, of any character, the show would focus the most on Sami's reaction.  Her popping for a funeral and popping out would not be a good idea.

I read somewhere that Justin has doubts about Chad's guilt because he's friends with Sonny.  Oh Justin, you are a soap DA through and through, aren't you.

What picture?

Still, even if Will was murdered, why would Sami and Sonny come for a short visit and just leave? Would Sonny come back and stay for the funeral and then peace out? Would Sami?

Not sure if this is the picture referred to above, but on Deidre Hall's Twitter (https://twitter.com/DeidreHall) there's a picture with her and Sonny posted on May 10.  And a picture with Sami on May 6. So if the 6 months in advance taping is still on, the shows would air in November and Sami & Sonny would be in Salem at the same time.

I love that preview. Steve and Kayla are my all time favorite Days couple, so I'm thrilled. I do however want Kayla to make Steve work to get her back. She has put up with so much because of him. Hopefully Steve's return means the return of the real Kayla and the end of the Abby prop she has been used as.

I can't wait to see scenes with Steve and Bo, they always had such great chemistry together. The friendship was totally believable. I also can't wait to see Bo with Kayla, they were always so close. Now if they could find a way to bring John and Marlena into the story (maybe this is where the return to the ISA story will come into play), I'd be one happy camper.

• Love 5

Don't forget the Kim and Shane, you cannot have the ISA without Shane coming into the scene..If the show does it right, we can have an umbrella story that brings many people into the story...

I love Kim and Shane, but my fear with bringing them back with Steve and Kayla is one of the dopey writers mentioning the post Steve dying storyline that I worked hard to bleach from my mind's eye.

• Love 1

I don't know what you are talking about Happytobehere, that never happened...lol  Kayla fell for Marcus and never Shane..That was an awful rumor that people started..Nope that never happened..lol  All joking aside that showed you that we have always had hack writers....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

SOD says that, surprisingly, the disagreement between Justin and Rafe over the investigation into Serena's death has Justin being the one who wants the investigation pushed in the direction of Chad, and not the other way around.

Not surprising, really, because Chad as the initial suspect means he's obviously not the killer. Rafe is Higley's favorite, so of course he's not going to be the one who's made out to be going in the wrong direction in the investigation.

It's hard for me to see the show killing Will off. I predict coma. I'm hoping for a burned face so that after plastic surgery he'll have a new face.

I don't know who the killer will be, but since they brought up that there will also be murder attempts, whoever survives said murder attempt will be my top suspect for the real murderer. That's an old trick writers use to make you think a character is innocent. Loving did it back in the day and didn't DAYS do that with the Melaswen SK storyline? I vaguely recall Marlena supposedly being attacked, before she was revealed to be the killer herself.

• Love 1

..... I predict coma. I'm hoping for a burned face so that after plastic surgery he'll have a new face.

Black Night, I roared over this for a good few minutes, thanks! 

Right now, the killer looks like Clyde, but that will be a red herring -- Serena was a spur-of-the-moment opportunity he couldn't pass up -- soon he'll be a victim, I'm thinking, and then they're off in another direction. 

• Love 2

I agree with your theory Lastwaltz, I think Clyde will be killed as well...He is too easy..Aiden as well..I think Ben is the killer...Ben will unravel as time goes on and I think that he has a past that we know nothing about....

• Love 3