Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, jmonkey said:

he fact that she's borrowing money from Robbalee and whoever else to send to Azan when all her proceeds should go to taking care of May is just mind-blowing to me. Azan could work, but he chooses not to because Nicole subsidizes his life. And it's not like Nicole is wealthy. She's a barista at Starbucks. Anyway, I'm done with these two. There was way too much time devoted to trying to contact Azan in the Tell All. He doesn't give a shit and neither should we.

Agreed.  This is the oldest story in the world, sadly...loser single mother choosing to subsidize a player and his lifestyle instead of taking care of her kid.  Someone needs to save May.  Sloth and Shady deserve each other.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

What I still dont get is why the K-1 authorities dont monitor this show and DO something about the obviouis grifters and scammers - Mo, Luis, Anfisa et al. WTF?

I think (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that in the end it is a t.v. show and reality is VERY loosely based. Alot of manufactured storylines and reenactments.  I did read or hear from another source that many of these "stars" are have obtained agents.  So, everyone can just cry "oh it's not true, it's just for the teevee!"

It's the same for people saying child protective services should be called up for the Duggars, the Boos, etc.

In the end who's laughing to the bank?  The idiots who get their 15 mins of fame and 2 nickels? or TLC who is making big bucks off these idiots? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Someone obviously knew about Molly being married because she would have had 1 or 2 witnesses sign the marriage certificate, and isn't that usually a relative? Maybe it's different in GA, idk. 

I enjoyed watching andrei end the evil sister segment by saying something like ok I think we're done with this now. If only they could do that more often with the way these old issues get drug on way too long, we have seen this 5 times already! Just continue having the other guests ask the questions and andrei end the segments and it could be cut down to like, 1 hour. 

Same with 600 lb life here, we could all move over to that board after this train wreck is over lol. No to any sister wives, there's fun hate-watching but those polygamy shows are a level way beyond that - not fun. 

I’d be into 600 lb Life too. We used to watch it. Though a little part of my my cold dark soul actually feels bad for them - so not sure how snarky I can be. 

Sister Wives - no way for me. Funny thing is my SIL who told us to watch 90 Day (mucho thanks Emily!) also wanted us to get into that one too. Mr. DC was somewhat shocked I refused to go there.

Have only seen the first hour of the last episode. It was getting late and Mr. DC insisted on being able to savor the train wreck over my protestations. First thoughts - IMO Libby looked beautiful at her wedding. Thankfully the make-up artist talked her out of that  horrendous red lipstick application. I’ll be back after we finish...

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I also can't deal with weight loss shows.

Awww mah feelings :(

3 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’d be into 600 lb Life too. We used to watch it. Though a little part of my my cold dark soul actually feels bad for them - so not sure how snarky I can be. 

Just give Penny, Pauline, James K. or the Assanti brothers a try.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Jennifersdc said:

Sister Wives - no way for me. Funny thing is my SIL who told us to watch 90 Day (mucho thanks Emily!) also wanted us to get into that one too. Mr. DC was somewhat shocked I refused to go there.

My 600-lb life is interesting to me because of the transformations the people can make. And, some of them are just narcissistic bastards who have dropped the ball in every area of their lives, and manipulate their family and friends into bringing them ungodly plateloads of food. Others eat to cope with abuse. So, it's a mixed bag. Still, they don't travel to exotic places like they do on this show. Hell, most of them don't even leave their beds.

I'm looking forward to this Love After Lockup. It seems to have captured the working elements of the 90DF formula which Married at First Sight seemed to lack. In Married at First Sight and the equally cringeworthy Spouse House, they pretty much thrust the dysfunction upon them. (Marry a stranger on TV!) They need a show where the people have stumbled into the dysfunction all by themselves. It's their ability to find chaos that makes them interesting, IMHO. Still, no travel. But the whole inside/outside phenomenon will be interesting. Plus, crime! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I think (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that in the end it is a t.v. show and reality is VERY loosely based. Alot of manufactured storylines and reenactments.  I did read or hear from another source that many of these "stars" are have obtained agents.  So, everyone can just cry "oh it's not true, it's just for the teevee!"

It's the same for people saying child protective services should be called up for the Duggars, the Boos, etc.

In the end who's laughing to the bank?  The idiots who get their 15 mins of fame and 2 nickels? or TLC who is making big bucks off these idiots? 

Definitely TLC. The Learning Channel my ass. As Mr. DC says - they put the “L” in exploitation.

It still kinda shocks me that so many people are lining up to look like idiots on national TV for so little cash. I have a running joke with a bunch of my friends (male and female) about what we’d be willing to do to Bill O’Reilly for $20M. Quite a lot it turns out...

Welcome to America! 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, eyebleach said:

I think Elizabeth and Andrei are the couple most likely to make it from this round.  They seem to actually love each other and damn if she didn't pull off a very pretty wedding in a hot second!  

I have to say while at first I figured Andrei just had a really good hiding places for the bodies he did grow on me quite a bit.  And he has been the only fiance on this show that has ever talked about having money saved up for this (so maybe that is how he came over, yes she works part time so maybe he sent her the money to bring him over?)  I figured her Dad was more ticked off that Andrei pulled off a decent wedding without having to ask him for any money. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

My 600-lb life is interesting to me because of the transformations the people can make. And, some of them are just narcissistic bastards who have dropped the ball in every area of their lives, and manipulate their family and friends into bringing them ungodly plateloads of food. Others eat to cope with abuse. So, it's a mixed bag. Still, they don't travel to exotic places like they do on this show. Hell, most of them don't even leave their beds.

I'm looking forward to this Love After Lockup. It seems to have captured the working elements of the 90DF formula which Married at First Sight seemed to lack. In Married at First Sight and the equally cringeworthy Spouse House, they pretty much thrust the dysfunction upon them. (Marry a stranger on TV!) They need a show where the people have stumbled into the dysfunction all by themselves. It's their ability to find chaos that makes them interesting, IMHO. Still, no travel. But the whole inside/outside phenomenon will be interesting. Plus, crime! 

We eventually found Married at First Sight unwatchable. Love After Lockup seems to have possibilities!

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I looked it up, apparently you don't need witnesses if the person performing the ceremony fills out the form:

How do you get married in Georgia?

There are two ways to marry in Georgia. First, you can be married in a civil ceremony before a judge or magistrate.

Second, you can be married in a religious ceremony by a minister or other member of clergy.

In both cases, a marriage license must be obtained before the marriage ceremony. After the marriage ceremony, the person performing the ceremony will fill out a form so you can get a marriage certificate. The marriage certificate is the official proof of your marriage. If the person performing the ceremony does not complete the form, you will need two witnesses to the ceremony in order to obtain the marriage certificate.

Even if they required witnesses, I think you can just grab a couple of people off the street. They don't necessarily need to be relatives or friends who can vouch for you being who you claim to be, that's what the ID is for. There also is no waiting period required, so you could do it all in a few minutes (without the presence of a camera crew!) 

I looked it up, also and apparently there is no waiting period in GA after you get a marriage license -- if an officiant is available, you can get married right away. What I don't get is Molly's weird explanation of how it happened, as if she had no idea that she would be legally married--that it was "a blur." Excuse me, what? And adding that she didn't want to squash Olivia's "dream" of being in the wedding? Really, Molly? Her whole demeanor was strange, imo. Maybe she and Luis got drunk and he convinced her to do it spontaneously, and she thought it romantic? 

Also, in GA if you take a pre-marriage course they waive the license fee--really doubting Molly and Luis took that class.

• Love 1

I was very confused with Molly's explanation of her filling out papers making her married. She said something along the lines of having little time about the filling out papers so when that person came over to discuss slimeball told they should fill out the marriage papers.  She made it sound like filling out papers was it... No mention of now I pronounce you man and wife. 

I think she's about as disgusting as they come. I didn't know denial could run that deep.   She  also thinks saying my kids come first is convincing to anyone.?  

Nicole and her parents deserve what they get that little May does not.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

According to the internet:

"Marriage Witnesses Georgia:

Only if the person performing the ceremony does not complete the form, you will need two witnesses to the ceremony in order to obtain the marriage certificate."

Molly specifically said that the person performing the ceremony came to her house to go over things, and they just went ahead and completed the form.  So it's legal.  No wedding, but married.

The person also had to perform the ceremony.  They didn’t just sign things like Molly is trying to say.  The three of them had a wedding.  Or, more likely, the kids were there.  Based on Olivia’s reaction when Molly told her, she already knew.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

That's right!  He needs to climb Mount Molly evey night for the next 2 years to EARN that green card!

That's really what it looks like.  When she met him at the airport, I just couldn't get over the disparity in age and size--he looked like her son. 

6 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I did like the dress and I did think she looked pretty, but it was all wrong for the style of the TUXEDOS that MUST BE BLACK that she imagined all her life. Those were way too formal and did not go at all with her dress.  Maybe morning suits would have looked better, with the top hats. A little more casual on the men. I  mean she should have been in a much more formal dress for those tuxes. 

This sort of disparity drives me crazy.  It's bad enough when your guests look like they're dressed for a barbecue when the bride is in a full-on stripper fairy dress, like Annie Aika was in Las Vegas.  But at least have the wedding party on the same page.

10 hours ago, Bridget said:

Lastly, I think we can agree Andrrrrrrrei wins "best husband", but I really can't handle his increased use of "like." I had to mute him because I was about to lose it. As stupid as Elizabeth was to pit her sisters against him, how like does like she like listen to like him like all like day like?

Oh my gosh, that was awful.  I assume he's working on his English fluency, and that's what he comes up with? 

6 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Libby & Andrei: She wore a very flattering dress with outstanding lace, lovely neckline, perfect earrings and her hair was very well done.  These two kids are going to make it. Nothing wrong with one partner being a bit more domineering, that's almost always the case anyway, as long as the person is rational and reasonable, it's OK.

I hope they just played it up for the cameras, but I was uncomfortable with the way he handled her going out with her sisters and friends.  Elizabeth chalked it up to her being willing to compromise, I think, but it was a little much for me.

6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Andreii may be hot, but I can't get past his greasy hair and bangs stuck to his head. If he would just wash it and get a better style....

I can't get past that, either.  It looks like when Seinfeld had a different haircut, where it was all stuck to his head.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree, I think Nikki is just as shady and grifty as the rest of them. She presents better, and will probably come out of it smelling like a rose, but that girl is hard as nails. Not Becky Sharp, (I'm quite sure she's never heard of Becky Sharp) but she strikes me as someone who always has her eye on the prize, and has the ambition and laser focus to get it. She's very aware of the fact that she is on TV and takes care to present herself well.

She dropped the ball when she was on the couch, though.  I wonder if she was slouched over like that because her heels were so high and they put her legs up too high so she didn't have a good angle at the hip and that forced her into a slouch.  Whatever--I couldn't stop looking at her posture.  Clearly.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
Aika, not Annie
  • Love 1

Nicole is such a fucking asshole.  She delights in torturing her mother.  Mother Nicole, play it smart:  Offer to keep May to help keep giant jerk toddler's move to Morocco smooth.  Without May there, Azan's family will throw her out so fast, her head will spin.  Added bonus:  When Nicole is on the plane, you can throw out every single device that poor child has her face buried into and teach her to, I dunno, speak?

Poor David's wedding was really pretty, Annie looked lovely.  I understand that he is a shit parent, but don't go to the wedding if you're going to pout about "your birthday" the entire time, Ashley. It's trite and boring and it makes you look immature.  It's not Annie's fault your dad went MIA.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Annie is no dummy.  She knows there's potential for $$ for the "happily ever after" season.  Plus, I'm sure she is hoping she ends up with a wealthy American after all.  Someone needs to tell her that for such a young girl, she isn't all that cute and is a little doughy.  I don't think she'll be a wealthy man's trophy wife.

I can tell you no wealthy man would have her.  A wealthy man can afford any woman who is for sale, and believe me, she’s bottom rung.  Especially in the US with the veritable smorgasbord of beautiful, intelligent, young women from all over the world . 

Annie is day shift stripper at best. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Am I the only one who finds Jazz unlikable?  I started watching the show because one of my oldest friends came out as transgender a few years ago (F to M).  I don't understand it, but I fully support him (I also was supportive when they came out of the closet) and I wanted to try to understand better, but I gave up trying with that show.

I wasn't sure if it was just me. I know that the hormones wreak havoc on her system, and so I try to give her the benefit of the doubt. (Also, I'm guessing not a lot is known about those kinds of medications on a teenager so those unknown aspects of it must make getting them adjusted kind of rough? She's a pioneer in so many ways so again, benefit of the doubt.) And, teens are kind of self-centered anyway. 

Also, I've only seen a couple of episodes because overall, as a family, they're not very exciting. But yeah, she's quite the handful to be sure.

As I keep seeing that terrible photo choice in the preview, my mind keeps going to the notion that she must have done something to piss off one of the producers, just by being bratty. 

I don't know if they edit out the bratty stuff to help attitudes in general or plump it up to sell the show. 

At least they're not as boring as The Little Family. zzzzzz....

Edited by CoachWristletJen
wreak not wreck... get it together, Jen!
  • Love 3

Seeing Evelyn on her wedding day was sweet. I saw her differently than the brat I had been watching, she was so wide eyed and full of the wonder and magnificence of her day. In the movie "The Catered Affair" Bette Davis is insisting on a wedding for her daughter who wants to elope. Bette says you need that one day to look back on when the hard times come and they will come. Wanting to wear her mother's dress was so quaint, her dad getting choked up and driving around in the vintage car was just co cute. She's still a brat but that was sweet to watch.

Now Molly, I hate to say this but she deserves every bit of unhappiness she gets from Luis from here on in. Wow, he got Kensley's back pack ready!!!Whoopee. She really has a low bar set for him and I find it very disturbing how she pushes the kids onto this man, a complete dick of a stranger who is closer in age the to them than her. 

I thought that David and Chris knew each other for years and years and maybe by some fluke David had saved Chris' life in a freakishly, dramatic way and that's why he was so indebted to Bhatman but that theory is shot.....

• Love 6

Long time reader first time poster. Love this site. Here is what I think is going on with Chris, David Poor and maybe the bunch. I think they all taked about David and Annie getting on the show as a promotion of Chris's businesses. The reason Chris kept taking so long to answer is he was making sure that they were all telling the same story. He wanted to offer David the the restaurant so he might guarantee a 2nd season for David and Annie. ( More Advertising) They all put this plan together. David and Annie do not care about living in Kentucky to be near his kids. They talked last night about going back to China. 

• Love 17

I am confused about Libby’s sisters:  does she have three including the sister-in-law?  One with the really bleached blond hair that is a sister/in-law and two biological sisters one with darker hair and the other lighter??  At least the one seemed to have a good looking man with her at the ceremony.  The second sister in law was with a big guy.  I have no idea about the other??

16 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Am I the only one who finds Jazz unlikable?  I started watching the show because one of my oldest friends came out as transgender a few years ago (F to M).  I don't understand it, but I fully support him (I also was supportive when they came out of the closet) and I wanted to try to understand better, but I gave up trying with that show.

No, I don't care for her and her mother needs to find something to do besides obsess on Jazz.

Per Molly:  Here is my take:  Officiant showed up, they signed the license and filed it.  In MN all you have to do is sign it and send it, no vows are necessary.  I have a few friends who are officiants and they have done this for young folks shipping out to the Marines or armed services.  So Molly is playing the "I am not really sure what happened, there was no wedding when in fact there was no wedding, dumbass, but YOU GOT MARRIED.  Her blabbing on and on about it being a blur is just covering up for her mistakes.  I was all for rooting for Molly, especially when Luis was downright rude and demeaning to her over the owl shit and "Are you a Godly person?" diatribe and how condescending he was to her.  I would have called the cops to have him removed from my home.  That is no threat, I would have done it.  But then you married him.  YOU. MARRIED. HIM.  Enjoy the rest of your fu%k-filled life, lady.

• Love 8

Interesting information about getting married in Georgia (from a couple posters). Sounds like it is somewhat easier for an oops I got married type of incident - like Molly is trying to sell. 

I'm guessing she saw him getting restless right away and the sudden marriage was her idea.  Especially after watching the desperate hold on to her man antics. 

Also why is he compared to a meerkat? I get it but don't ruin meerkats for me. I think they are cute. How about an eel or hyena or something? 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Also why is he compared to a meerkat? I get it but don't ruin meerkats for me. I think they are cute. How about an eel or hyena or something? 

Yes, this! 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I am confused about Libby’s sisters:

They are trashy skanks who don't have the faintest notion of what is appropriate to wear to a daytime, outdoor wedding. (hint, its not a skin tight sheath that is in imminent danger of slipping off your breasts. Save that for your woo nights out, girlfriend). Jesus Christ those girls are tacky.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Yes, this! 

Meerkat was just a catchy word for him, but some form of hyena/eel hybrid works for me... 

Hyena  eel = heel.

Hyena because of all of the laughing... more like girl giggling actually.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Lemons said:

The person also had to perform the ceremony.  They didn’t just sign things like Molly is trying to say.  The three of them had a wedding.  Or, more likely, the kids were there.  Based on Olivia’s reaction when Molly told her, she already knew.  

A "ceremony" isn't necessary, vows are not a legal requirement. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Awww mah feelings :(

Sorry.  Bad personal experience with a GB doctor, and so many people on that show are totally unsufferable that I can't even......

55 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

I have to say while at first I figured Andrei just had a really good hiding places for the bodies he did grow on me quite a bit.  And he has been the only fiance on this show that has ever talked about having money saved up for this (so maybe that is how he came over, yes she works part time so maybe he sent her the money to bring him over?)  I figured her Dad was more ticked off that Andrei pulled off a decent wedding without having to ask him for any money. 

Could be.  Maybe her dad is one of these people who figures it's a measure of his manhood that he gives out money to his kids (and then holds it over their heads)?  Andrei saying "Don't need your money" was hilarious.

46 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I can't get past that, either.  It looks like when Seinfeld had a different haircut, where it was all stuck to his head.

LOW FLOW SHOWER HEADS!

38 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

At least they're not as boring as The Little Family. zzzzzz....

Is that the one with the mom who cries non-stop?  I hate that one.  I liked The Little Couple until they adopted the kids.  I'm happy for them for sure, but it just wasn't the same.

48 minutes ago, Lemons said:

5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I wondered about this as well......

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Lemons said:

The person also had to perform the ceremony.  

Is it possible the bailiff and court clerk could serve as witnesses?  I guess other waiting couples could do it as well. Would their signatures be on the document?

Just now, funky-rat said:
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I wondered about this as well......

It depends on the state. Here in California, you must get the license first, and then have a ceremony of some kind after obtaining that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

B) They can be housebroken?

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

They sure are!  My brother and SIL have two. They are daft as tripe, though.  Goofy dogs would crap all over my mom’s house during their visits, and the male got so excited to see me once that he spritzed all over my pants.  From then on, I’ve called him “my little tinkle king”. Other than being a pain to housebreak, they are are a sweet tempered breed.

They sure can be housebroken. Mine is100% . In fact, he will hold it until he is ready to burst so there is hope for the little snowballs. It takes a lot of patience with this breed. They are not stupid but definitely have a stubborn streak. 

Sorry, back on topic, now. 

4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Maybe he's like Bob Crane keeping that other loser around because he needed VCRs and camera equipment that he had no other clue how to procure back in the 1970s. All Bob's problems could have been solved today at Best Buy.

I like your reference!  Didn't see that one coming.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, BeachyWave said:

Is it possible the bailiff and court clerk could serve as witnesses?  I guess other waiting couples could do it as well. Would their signatures be on the document?

It depends on the state. Here in California, you must get the license first, and then have a ceremony of some kind after obtaining that.

License and "ceremony" can occur at the same time even in California and there is no script for what has to be stated, I have been a witness twice because I happened to be in the County Clerks office when people needed a witness to get married. 

As noted above in Georgia you don't even need a witness.

Edited by biakbiak

Well I would be pissed if my douchebag father was gone for four years, then plans his wedding on my birthday!  At leaset he could have had a small cake and flowers for her, and made a little speech or something...5 minutes out of your life, but just something to show that he was thinking about her, and that she is important too.  its not like David would be paying for it anyway...showing a bit of thoughtfulness to your kid would go a long way.  He kept saying that day was about Him and wifey...thats messed up when its your kids birthday, and you keep calling her to come to the stupid wedding

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Christi said:

At leaset he could have had a small cake and flowers for her, and made a little speech or something...5 minutes out of your life, but just something to show that he was thinking about her, and that she is important too.  its not like David would be paying for it anyway...showing a bit of thoughtfulness to your kid would go a long way.  He kept saying that day was about Him and wifey...thats messed up when its your kids birthday, and you keep calling her to come to the stupid wedding

She told him repeatedly that she would not be attending the wedding, including when he called her from the venue, so why would he have gotten her a cake or flowers when she wasn't expected to attend.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
On 12/17/2017 at 7:16 PM, puppytoes said:

I am watching Annie at the bridal store and I noticed she was carrying a Chanel rhinestone boy bag which runs over $5,000.  I am a designer bag connoisseur and own a few purses but Chanel is out of my league.  I have seen enough Chanel’s and it does look real but it could be a good fake.

I am wondering if Nikki loaned her this purse

She was in Los Angeles. We have The Alley where you can get knock-offs that are actually very high quality. In fact, I've purchased very awesome purses for 3 for $25. The Alley sells some of the very same items as the big department stores.

On 12/17/2017 at 7:30 PM, grammaester said:

ON NO FOLKS THE DUMBASS MOLLY MARRIED the MEERKAT.  Yes, she couldn't wait. It must have been the morning after a black sabbath where the owl presided and all was right with heaven and earth. Seriously, I was cheering when she said he was leaving and then screaming at the tv the last 30 seconds. Her poor daughters. Meerkat was so happy hopping in brothers car going no doubt to "make it rain" dollar bills on some unsuspecting stripper, then followed by some patty cake action in some junked up hotel room with a pay per view. Oh well, the reunion should be epic. 

The big YAY for the night was Andrei. For all you haters out there who think he's an abuser, what a mature guy. Actually, I think he is the only person on this show operating with more than 4 brain cells and and a deficit of common sense.  Elizabeth is lucky to have him, girlfriend chose well. 

I am so over the made up drama with this show but yet I watch. Libby's sister and Nicole's brother's priviledged American arrogance is so annoying. Especially with the sister. "I wanted to see what you were made of." Indeed, well who are you supposed to be. However, Andrei probably gives about two dead flys worth of "Fs" what she thinks. I agree he is the most mature  of them all. His strong, confident personality will probably settle Libby out of her almost air-headlness but I bet he likes her just the way she is. Awesome.

Nicole's brother was level-headed regarding May. However, for him to presume he could MAKE Azan do anything at all was a bit much. Players don't cave in like that and if he, Azan, was intending to come here and play on Nicole, little brother would not even be able to do anything with it. And I am not too sure if his scene was not a TLC thing wherein they get him to say it so the parents and producers don't have to.

But, yet, I watch...

• Love 1

Apropos Shaun, I think she does have *some* of the qualities needed to perform this role. And it's hard to find such people; I took a course from Marki Costello, granddaughter of the Costello of Abbot and Costello. All KINDS of interesting people showed up to this thing, worth the price of admission for that alone! We all did a video, alone and another with a classmate. I was bottom of the heap. Some people just have a certain something that jumps out at the screen, and even if they don't have the brain power, sometimes I can see how it's the best possible choice when there's no one who doesn't have both.

I did weirdly end up in Hollywood with a successful thang, but my being an emcee (even though I'm damn good at regular old boring public speaking events in my field) was not in the cards. I just didn't have the skill set that works on TV. In fact, I could tell that Ms. Costello was repulsed by me, she actually shoved me aside on the duo-taping so the other gal could get her limelight, which, after watching the video, I got. Anyway, here's the course. http://www.becomeahost.com/

• Love 2

it would have been easy to do...just have something there....would it kill him to be a bit thoughtful to his kid?? I had a crappy dad, so I get where she is coming from...

He has a LOT of bad years to make up for, and I dont blame her for being pissed...he keps SAYING he wants to be back in her life, blah blah blah, but actions speak a lot more than his empty words

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Meerkat was just a catchy word for him, but some form of hyena/eel hybrid works for me... 

Hyena  eel = heel.

Hyena because of all of the laughing... more like girl giggling actually.

Yes, a hybrid of those 2 would be slithery with an inappropriate smile (and laugh) at all times. And that would be one ugly creature! 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Christi said:

it would have been easy to do...just have something there....would it kill him to be a bit thoughtful to his kid?? I had a crappy dad, so I get where she is coming from...

He has a LOT of bad years to make up for, and I dont blame her for being pissed...he keps SAYING he wants to be back in her life, blah blah blah, but actions speak a lot more than his empty words

I agree that sending her flowers on her birthday would be thoughtful, I would find having flowers or a cake at a wedding she wasn't supposed to attend the height of passive aggressive asshattery.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

License and "ceremony" can occur at the same time even in California and there is no script for what has to be stated, I have been a witness twice because I happened to be in the County Clerks office when people needed a witness to get married. 

You have to get the license at the actual county office.  So they had to do that previously.  And then someone brought the license to her home?  I wonder who or why?  Doesn’t make any more sense than their whole story line. 

12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She told him repeatedly that she would not be attending the wedding, including when he called her from the venue, so why would he have gotten her a cake or flowers when she wasn't expected to attend.

Like there was a chance in hell that she wouldn’t show up for the tv cameras.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Sorry.  Bad personal experience with a GB doctor, and so many people on that show are totally unsufferable that I can't even......

I was kidding. :)   Fraaaid rice for everyone!

I watch these shows, I don't know why and I close my eyes a lot during many scenes.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, BeachyWave said:

You don’t need witnesses apparently.  How they keep these licenses free from fraud is a mystery to me.  

4 minutes ago, Lemons said:
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

You have to get the license at the actual county office.  So they had to do that previously.  And then someone brought the license to her home?  I wonder who or why?  Doesn’t make any more sense than their whole story line. 

What I was trying to babble forth was that the ceremony cannot legally *precede* acquisition of the marriage license, but they can certainly occur the same day. You are correct.

• Love 1

I really thought Libby was a beautiful bride.  I loved her dress and her hair and of course she had the best groom!  I also thought Evelyn looked lovely.  I didn’t care for her hair, but she did look beautiful. 

I thought Molly’s dad handled their talk pretty well.  He tried to get the point across to his thick as a brick daughter, but still told her he loved her.  I hope he’s keeping a watchful eye on his granddaughters because they certainly need it.

I find Nicki just as deplorable as the rest of them.  The shopping and girls night out were all self-serving events to either get screen time or fish for information.  She’s a passive aggressive witch. 

Nicole’s mother is another jackass.  She enables Nicole at every turn.  If Azan cheated on Nicole, she wouldn’t be telling her to get over it, she would be screaming from the rooftops!!  I can just imagine her reaction if Azan pushed, pulled and abused Nicole like she did to him.  Not sure what is going on with money, but if Azan is dependent on Nicole to get his share of the proceeds from this show, then she should be sending him money.  He’s definitely earned it.  I don’t see her as being very much better for May, but I guess anything other than Nicole is an improvement.  Poor little May doesn’t stand a chance.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Lemons said:

You don’t need witnesses apparently.

Maybe the buddha and owl stood up for them?  

7 minutes ago, Normades said:

Poor little May doesn’t stand a chance.

In 10-15 years there will be a whole new genre of murderers.  Reality Killers.  

I can see poor May and Will Klein shooting up a McDonalds for not super-sizing their fries.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:
On 12/17/2017 at 7:16 PM, puppytoes said:

I am wondering if Nikki loaned her this purse

She was in Los Angeles. We have The Alley where you can get knock-offs that are actually very high quality. In fact, I've purchased very awesome purses for 3 for $25. The Alley sells some of the very same items as the big department stores.

Also costume/prop depts routinely buy and then return stuff, and rentals are possible too.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I don't buy what Molly is selling.  I distinctively remember the conversation Luis had with her brother about wanting to return to the DR.  I believe he started to get restless, so in order to appease him, she suggested that they get married right away, and have a big celebration later.  Hence, his lack of interest in "planning a wedding."  In New York State, you have to get the license, plus blood tests, then wait a few days for the results, so, there is no way you can say, "oops, we signed some papers and now we are married." 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Lemons said:

You don’t need witnesses apparently.  How they keep these licenses free from fraud is a mystery to me.  

Even Molly keeps up with her "It is all a blur" storyline, for all that is good and holy:  WHY DID YOU NOT STOP?  "Excuse me, but is this a marriage?  Is this legal?  Am I legally tied to this used buttwipe legally?  Did I just hand over my assets to this jackass?  

Looks like you get your license on the same day in GA and there is not waiting period.  Way to go Molly!!!!

14 minutes ago, Normades said:

Nicole’s mother is another jackass.  She enables Nicole at every turn.  If Azan cheated on Nicole, she wouldn’t be telling her to get over it, she would be screaming from the rooftops!!  I can just imagine her reaction if Azan pushed, pulled and abused Nicole like she did to him.  Not sure what is going on with money, but if Azan is dependent on Nicole to get his share of the proceeds from this show, then she should be sending him money.  He’s definitely earned it.  I don’t see her as being very much better for May, but I guess anything other than Nicole is an improvement.  Poor little May doesn’t stand a chance.

Azan can try to be a good father but they are so different in cultures it would be full of conflicts.  Azan's culture is much more strict and Ms. Super Size Fries and McNuggets does not see the value in fresh foods.  It would be too conflicted.  Azan.....please find a local girl.  I am sure there are more than a few where you live.

18 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Fraaaid rice for everyone!

"But I lost weight!"  Dr Now:  "You gained 150 pounds."  Must have been all that fraaid rice!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3