Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

David Spain would be uncomfortable talking in front of the cameras....about what exactly? There's really nothing to talk about; they are both virgins. It's not like Evelyn is gonna jump out of a bag and tell him she wants him to eat her asshole on the wedding night. She has really no point of reference to talk about anything other than:

• should I start birth control
  • are you  excited
  • are you nervous
  • I bought some lace panties

Anything she could or would say would be pretty tame.

Unless she knows something about him sexually that he is afraid he will tell other ppl (orientation, molestation, kink, body difference, etc.)

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Drogo said:

In my experience, that's not the majority.  I have never met a man who would run out of a room aghast because a beautiful woman was talking about her plans to have sex with him that day/month/year/lifetime. 

David didn't change the subject or get shy... he bolted, somewhat disgusted by the notion, and she said he's done this when she tried to talk to him privately also. 

David Spain, being virgin from a conservative background would be more shy about it.   I think a lot of other men aren't so much shy about talking about sex with women, but more bored or annoyed by it.  To take a quote from Nikki, "Actions speak louder than words."  Let's not talk about it, let's do it and then we can talk about afterwards, in the 30 seconds before I fall fast asleep. :)

Think of your namesake.  Do you think he would want to gab on about sex with the Moon of His Life? :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch

Josh should take the stones out of his (moms ?) ring, have them set in a completely different setting and give her her heart shaped diamond ring later, maybe for an anniversary or whatever. That isn't what she was promised, but it is a family diamond that imo, shouldn't be sitting around in a jewelry box. Use it for what you can, for now. If she's determined to stay with Josh, ol girl is going to have to learn to compromise and never have high expectations. 

On 12/3/2017 at 10:11 PM, PityFree said:

I sure hope Evil-lyn learns to like missionary position,  with no foreplay, in the dark, while listening to David cry. 

This is the best thing I've read in a long time.

8 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think a lot of other men aren't so much shy about talking about sex with women, but more bored or annoyed by it.  To take a quote from Nikki, "Actions speak louder than words."  Let's not talk about it, let's do it and then we can talk about afterwards, in the 30 seconds before I fall fast asleep. :)

These men lose all right to complain about how much sex they're having/not having.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Drogo said:

In my experience, that's not the majority.  I don't think I know man who would run out of a room aghast because a beautiful woman was talking about her plans to have sex with him that day/month/year/lifetime. 

David didn't change the subject or get shy... he bolted, somewhat disgusted by the notion, and she said he's done this when she tried to talk to him privately also. 

I don't get not talking about sex with your partner.  The only thing my husband likes more than talking about sex is actually doing it.  All in private, of course. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

something was fishy about the fire station. I guess Chris had the electricity and heat turned on? And sheets were on the bed. I guess someone came by and put sheets on the bed? I guess he has employees in the area. I think the apartment itself is fine for their situation (homeless and jobless). A bed, a bedroom, a bathroom, a toilet, a shower, a kitchen and a  sofa to sit on. it's fine better than a dirt floor and shitting into a hole in the ground.

Fishy situation altogether with that group. But re the firehouse, Annie should settle in and watch HGTV programs and get psyched for the endless possibilities for the firehouse. Maybe Chris would sell it to them and they could have something really cool to work with. It's not what I would pick for a home, but if I had to live in it, I could get real creative. Hell, the entire empty first floor could be made into an apartment and used for rental income. 

• Love 10

My guess is that Moneybags Chris bought the building which has been abandoned as a fire station for a while and is now being lived in by David Poor and Annie rent-free. Maybe the spiral staircase (and possibly a pole) are the only ways to access upstairs making it not up to current safety code so Chris can't collect rent for it. When I was a Brownie leader, we used to have our meetings upstairs in the local firehouse and it looked like a similar layout, just the basics, (but ours had a pool table, Bingo wheel, dart boards, bar, etc.) but I remember the smell of the oil from the truck bays downstairs was nauseating. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

Is it possible that David just thinks sex is a huge deal, like just a very serious, serious subject? A lot of religious people take virginity very seriously and taking a woman's is  more or less basically defiling her permanently. Which is OK in the context of your one monogamous life partner but it still has the implication that once you have sex with her she is now damaged goods and there is no taking it back.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I feel really sad for Elizabeth. I think her father desperately wants to be an affluent, important man. And he might have money, but he's still a sweaty schlub wearing basketball shorts at a trashy driving range. They're not really 'there' yet, and I think his trashy striving shows in how he treats his daughters and what he views as successful. It all has to do with the trappings of money and class, which is gross to begin with, but their idea of class is also just gross and sad.

He could give Elizabeth advancement opportunities within his company rather than some peanuts-paying part time role. Or encourage her to spread her wings and find an actual full-time career. Instead, it's about marrying an older guy who can give her a Mercedes. It's upsetting.

Also, had I been her at that wedding dress try-on, I would have lost my shit. It's either get married quickly, or have financial assistance -- it's that simple. It's not cute to have these sisters of her sniffing about it seeming 'too soon' when apparently they've had most things handed to them. 

While I think they have the most functional relationship this season (what a low bar to clear), I'm not really rooting for them to get married. I do genuinely see that Andrei cares for her, and while he makes some clunker sexist jokes and is "traditional", they'll probably be okay. But really, what I want to see is for Elizabeth to embrace a sheer lip tint and tell her family to go fuck themselves, get a career and find success on her own terms, then find a guy she can grow with and shares her new, less-toxic family values.

That would be amazing !!

Quit daddy's part time job, find yourself a full time job, does she have any college degree? Hopefully she has some post high school skills. 

Wait on the kids, work until you find a good job, move away from daddy and live your life without ever having to go thru the constant criticism of her family. Stop talking to them about Andrei, stop talking to Andrei about them and just enjoy your life. 

Andrei strikes me as the guy who would be a good provider or would die trying. Little by little work on smoothing his rough edges and you will have a happier life than any of your gold digging sisters. 

That would show daddy to eat his words. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, NinaH said:

Andrei strikes me as the guy who would be a good provider or would die trying. Little by little work on smoothing his rough edges

Libby just needs to watch his drinking!  Moldova has the worst alcohol problem on the planet!  I've been to neighboring Ukraine 3x and they don't let up!  The average life expectancy for men is only like 64?  I knew a beautiful Polish lady that came to Missouri about 10 years ago with her Polish husband and he drank himself to death at 52.  Andrei seems to be in great shape so maybe he's beyond that?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

That's what confused me.  Josh was like, "We had this discussion before."  Aika didn't say something like, "No we didn't."  She was kind of, "Yeah but." So I thought, huh?  She knew about it, and STILL came to the US with this loser, even though she wants kids?  Maybe that's just TLC's story line for them.

Didn't Aika say that she knew he had a vasectomy, but didn't think it was a big deal to get a reversal. Josh is a douche, but he's right, it doesn't always work and insurance by in large doesn't pay for it. But the two of them should have had a frank discussion about it, rather than just making assumptions, Aika, that he can have it reversed no problem, and Josh, that it's no big deal to not have kids. 

Oh, David Poor, you are really pathetic, from your firehouse apartment to your underwear showing through your pants. Everyone knows you don't wear white under white. And Annie, stop playing the "everything free in America" mantra. You would have married anyone who could have brought you to the US. The fact that Chris has to support her for 10 years is frosting on the cake. 

Libby's dad was a dick. If you don't like your daughter's choice, then don't pay, but you don't have to be an asshole about it. And Andrei figured out pretty fast that sisters Libby all married older guys who had money. Things that make you go hmmm. But Libby does play up the drama. Just get the fuck married. If I wasn't inviting my family, I'd do the courthouse thing and save my money. 

Molly is delusional. She plans to marry a 23 year old from another country that she has known for 5 seconds  and expects him to be nanny to her kids? Just hire a damn nanny. Where are the girls' dads?

Evelyn and David. That was just.so.weird. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Didn't Aika say that she knew he had a vasectomy, but didn't think it was a big deal to get a reversal. Josh is a douche, but he's right, it doesn't always work and insurance by in large doesn't pay for it. But the two of them should have had a frank discussion about it, rather than just making assumptions, Aika, that he can have it reversed no problem, and Josh, that it's no big deal to not have kids. 

Oh, David Poor, you are really pathetic, from your firehouse apartment to your underwear showing through your pants. Everyone knows you don't wear white under white. And Annie, stop playing the "everything free in America" mantra. You would have married anyone who could have brought you to the US. The fact that Chris has to support her for 10 years is frosting on the cake. 

Libby's dad was a dick. If you don't like your daughter's choice, then don't pay, but you don't have to be an asshole about it. And Andrei figured out pretty fast that sisters Libby all married older guys who had money. Things that make you go hmmm. But Libby does play up the drama. Just get the fuck married. If I wasn't inviting my family, I'd do the courthouse thing and save my money. 

Molly is delusional. She plans to marry a 23 year old from another country that she has known for 5 seconds  and expects him to be nanny to her kids? Just hire a damn nanny. Where are the girls' dads?

Evelyn and David. That was just.so.weird. 

I get the feeling Josh previously told Aika it would be no big deal to have the vasectomy reversed (and to get her a Porsche).  Now he is telling her it's expensive, and might not work.  It seems clear that Josh doesn't want to have kids with her, and would only do so if it was the only way to keep from losing her, or perhaps if she made him miserable until he gave in.  

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think he actually DID struggle.  We saw him try to figure out how he was going to do it (yeah, carry the TWO heavy pieces at the same time and leave the one small piece for later).   We saw only the result of the two of them taking the luggage into their honeymoon suite.

Ohhhh, I'm sure he struggled.  The look on his face holding the luggage & looking at the stairs was hilarious. I wanted to physically watch him go up that spiral staircase.  

I try to imagine in my mind the scenarios of these people initially meeting & her saying "this is the love of her life".  In Evelyn's words, I cannot imagine their naked bodies touching. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

You may be right that David had a low or no sex drive. But that is precisely why they need to have a discussion before marriage. If they were already sexually active, they would have a good idea of the other's level of sexual interest, but because they have not had sex, they can't gauge this to see if they are comparable. Evelyn appears to have a healthy interest in sex and is looking forward to this experience. If David is frigid he should tell her before the marriage.  If Evelyn wants to screw like a rabbit, it will not be a happy marriage if David if a dead fish in bed. 

THIS ^^^!!!  Thank you, Desert Rat!!!  ...It really doesn't matter if David Spain is gay, straight, asexual, traumatized from a past experience, or anything else (well, I mean, of course it matters, but is not is not something we are likely to ever learn).  What is important is that Evelyn is expecting a husband who is comfortable showing his physical desire toward her.  Everything is not always kismet merely because penis goes into vagina.  It takes communication - LOTS - as well as a sense of humor & sense of adventure.  David Spain is so uptight he's unwilling to discuss it even a little bit.  What hope is there for Evelyn???  She's too young & inexperienced to determine if a lackluster sex life may or may not be okay with her.  It's lame of David Spain to throw it back at her and tell her she should maybe talk about it with her pastor, but I personally hope she does.  I would hope a good pastor would say, "hmmm, this may be an area of concern."

• Love 11

Evelyn's meal looked like the chips you'd have as an appetizer. She may end up with a disappointing sex life & he may end up ordering out a lot.

Does Mother Evelyn's expression ever change? No matter what she seems to keep the same steady, intense gaze.

Josh has a lot of saving & spending to do: nice house, Porsche, big ring, vasectomy reversal, upper bridge...

• Love 9
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, EastCoast4Life said:

The more David Spain and Evelyn hang out, I think they more they dislike each other. David Spain was not expecting his child bride to tell him where they were going to live, didn't expect her to be planning the royal wedding, and didn't expect that the entire family would be upset with him about possibly breaking up the "band". Evelyn thought that David would happily live in Claremont forever, do whatever it takes to make her singing career happen, and not complain about anything (especially the BEST apples). They are not compatible in real life. 

I have a feeling he was brought up in some strict situation where men are the "headship" and are to be in charge.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, AZChristian said:

I had the feeling they spilled the half-melted ice cream on Kensley intentionally, and then told her not to clean herself up.

Yep.  This whole thing screamed MFTV drama.  And as much as I dislike Luis, I'd have noped out of that situation too.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, Neurochick said:

Evelyn and David Spain kind of confuse me.  I think David was uncomfortable talking in front of the cameras, but I think about that couple a few seasons ago; the man was American and the woman was from South Africa.  Both of them were religious Christians, saving themselves for marriage, but they didn't act as uptight as Evelyn and David are acting, and there were cameras there too.  

Molly's youngest daughter, Kensley or something like that, is a brat IMO and Molly is silly because why would anybody want their much younger boyfriend to be the father figure to their daughters?  The girls hadn't even met Luis until he showed up with Molly.  I could see if they'd all been to the DR and had met Luis' family but, Molly is just silly; I think she just wants an unpaid babysitter.  If Luis is smart, he'll up and leave before Molly enslaves him.  

And wait, if Josh told Aika that he had a vasectomy, then why is she so hard up to have a baby?  Maybe she didn't know what a vasectomy is.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, Former Nun said:

I still question the "BEFORE" she came to the states.  I know at dinner we could see she knew about it, but did she qualify that she knew and still agreed to come here?

21 hours ago, StitchPunk said:

I don't get all the talk that David "must" be gay or have some serious issue because doesn't want to talk about sex. Not everyone is obsessed with having sex all the time. He could have a low sex drive or non at all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He could not even know since people tend to act like if you don't have a high sex drive then you're broken and worthless. Some people just don't want sex. No particular reason.

Danny and Amy.  Everyone screamed that he was gay too, but I didn't see it.

Kensley is an insufferable brat, but her mom made her that way, and Luis isn't helping matters.  We used to work with disadvantaged kids, and both of the ones we worked with before the charity shut down were extremely over-mothered.  Both would spark outrage over the slightest perceived thing.  When their mothers or other adults wouldn't get outraged as they did, they'd pitch a fit and act huffy.  One eventually got over it when both of us and his mother got it through his head that life isn't fair, and not everything will go his way - that he has to own his share of his behavior.  He's doing well.  The other one continued to be babied, and is not doing well, but nothing is ever his fault.

I'm sure Josh told Aika he had the snip, but she herself said no one in the Philipines does that, and I blame that on a combo of her not understanding, and his downplaying what was involved just to make her happy.  I'm shocked he got it in his 20's, even with 2 kids.  It took us until Mr. Funky was almost 40 to find someone to do it.  Aside from having fertility issues and female issues, I was advised to be sure to not get pregnant, so he wanted the snip.  No one wanted to do it.  One doctor told us "What if you leave her for someone who CAN have children?".  Yeah.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Snewtsie said:

THIS ^^^!!!  Thank you, Desert Rat!!!  ...It really doesn't matter if David Spain is gay, straight, asexual, traumatized from a past experience, or anything else (well, I mean, of course it matters, but is not is not something we are likely to ever learn).  What is important is that Evelyn is expecting a husband who is comfortable showing his physical desire toward her.  Everything is not always kismet merely because penis goes into vagina.  It takes communication - LOTS - as well as a sense of humor & sense of adventure.  David Spain is so uptight he's unwilling to discuss it even a little bit.  What hope is there for Evelyn???  She's too young & inexperienced to determine if a lackluster sex life may or may not be okay with her.  It's lame of David Spain to throw it back at her and tell her she should maybe talk about it with her pastor, but I personally hope she does.  I would hope a good pastor would say, "hmmm, this may be an area of concern."

Well said. Communication is very important. And part of foreplay and a real turn on, at least for me. There is no chemistry between then, no spark, no sexual tension. Not a good sign for a couple about to get married.  

4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Evelyn's meal looked like the chips you'd have as an appetizer. She may end up with a disappointing sex life & he may end up ordering out a lot.

Evelyn needs to take a trip with Annie to the Hollywood sex shop and pick up a few dildos and a Costco size pack of  AAs.  

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Does Mother Evelyn's expression ever change? No matter what she seems to keep the same steady, intense gaze.

Josh has a lot of saving & spending to do: nice house, Porsche, big ring, vasectomy reversal, upper bridge...

Mother Evelyn reminds me of someone, but I can't think of who it is.  I am pretty sure it is an actress.  She looks and talks just a like a classic TV mom.  

Has anyone been able to confirm whether Josh does or does not have any top teeth?  I have never seen the teeth or the gap where they should be.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2

Is it possible that David just has no sex education whatsoever? Like no knowledge of female anatomy, thinks masturbation is a shameful sin, thinks an erection is dangerous lust.

If he has spent his entire life being told that any sort of self-sexual expression outside of marriage is bad and led a life not only of repressed sexual urges but being told those urges are a sin I could see how the idea of "Well I know this woman has a hole somewhere and I guess I get naked and get an erection and stick my penis in her" would seem like pretty heavy stuff.

Like I'm trying to imagine describing having sex with my partner in clinical terms to a straight women that hasn't seen gay pornography and without any male sex education, I can't imagine on the surface it sounding appealing at all, perhaps even off putting because there is no context to it being obviously pleasurable thing for two gay men.

I've had sex with women and sticking your penis in a vagina is not the most appealing thing in the world if you don't have millions of years of evolution telling you to do it, it's easy to imagine him being that sexually repressed.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Indy USAF said:

Andrei strikes me as the guy who would be a good provider or would die trying. Little by little work on smoothing his rough edges

I don't think his edges are rough. If anything, Papa Libby is the crude one trying to push his agenda. Andrei is very open, self-assured and is clearly working from a plan that doesn't seem to include "using" Libby. He seems respectful of relationships.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, John M said:

Is it possible that David just thinks sex is a huge deal, like just a very serious, serious subject? A lot of religious people take virginity very seriously and taking a woman's is  more or less basically defiling her permanently. Which is OK in the context of your one monogamous life partner but it still has the implication that once you have sex with her she is now damaged goods and there is no taking it back.

Not to be argumentative, but I don't think ANYONE actually feels that way! LOL Not if they are getting married. There is no negative side to sex within the context of marriage. And I have never heard of it considered a somber occasion. LOL "Dear friends, we are called here on this, the soberest or sober, gravest of grave day, to commemorate the passing from life into death of Evelyn's hymen. Let us bow our heads..."

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, John M said:

I've had sex with women and sticking your penis in a vagina is not the most appealing thing in the world if you don't have millions of years of evolution telling you to do it, it's easy to imagine him being that sexually repressed.

What does that mean? lol

• Love 2

At the risk of sounding like an old-fashioned prude, what exactly were Evelyn and David going to discuss regarding sex, when they both presumably haven't had it yet (at least with each other)?  I assume that sex is a given on the wedding night and that they each at least have a basic knowledge of anatomy, so what else is there to say really-- at least on camera? After they are married and actually have a sex life, there will be more things to discuss-- likes/dislikes, how often, etc.

I am not saying that David's reaction wasn't a little over the top or that he doesn't seem uptight, but given the circumstances, wouldn't the conversation be rather short (no pun intended)? 

• Love 12

I'm saying IMHO vaginas are kind of gross looking and I wouldn't say objectively a very appealing place to stick your penis if it weren't for the whole sex drive thing. But I'm a gay man so who knows, maybe vaginas are very appealing to straight guys on an innate aesthetic level, I think it is mostly well this is where sex happens and it feels good so I'll keep doing it thing though.

Edited by John M
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Valium will do that to you.

As for Josh - do we know he got his snip in the US?   Could have gone South of the Border (pun intended) to do it.   A US doctor might not snip someone that young, but another country if he had cash might be willing to do it.   Or he could have had medical reasons to get snipped.   I'm quite sure given his other "promises" he did not tell Aika the whole story.   So she expected to come to the US and it would all be as he promised.   Except he lied through his teeth to get the hot chick.   Who does not want to be paraded around as arm candy.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, John M said:

I'm saying IMHO vaginas are kind of gross looking and I wouldn't say objectively a very appealing place to stick your penis if it weren't for the whole sex drive thing. But I'm a gay man so who knows, maybe vaginas are very appealing to straight guys on an innate aesthetic level, I think it is mostly well this is where sex happens and it feels good so I'll keep doing it thing though.

I have never heard a gay man's opinion on this. lol

But remember, they may not have an accurate idea of what each other's junk looks like. I recall talking to one of my bfs during our teenaged yrs and he had a totally different conception in his mind of what it would look like and how it would function.

I would think just the curiosity and anticipation and hype would fuel a nonstop 90 day boner. 27 years built up!!! He and Pastor TimBob should be at risk of drowning in the carriage house.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 3

At least nowadays a guy, especially in his 20s, might consider having some sperm frozen for the future, just in case. I absolutely LOVED it that Aika said that Filipino men consider vasectomy as losing their manhood and it was the "biggest mistake in his life." I'm sure that he reassured her that it could be EASILY reversed (and that he was willing to do that) but now he's trying to do damage control because she believed him.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

At least nowadays a guy, especially in his 20s, might consider having some sperm frozen for the future, just in case. I absolutely LOVED it that Aika said that Filipino men consider vasectomy as losing their manhood and it was the "biggest mistake in his life." I'm sure that he reassured her that it could be EASILY reversed (and that he was willing to do that) but now he's trying to do damage control because she believed him.  

Can anyone explain the Fili vs Philli?

And has anyone noticed that Aika says, "Pillipines" with a P sound? Not "Phillipines" with an F sound.

12 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think a just in case sperm-on-ice scenario is for someone in a very different tax bracket than ol' Joshy. The freezing and storage itself is probably not cheap, plus it would be for the purpose of IVF later on, which is a super pricey endeavor, especially if you don't conceive on the first try. I'm guessing Josh's decision was probably financially motivated to begin with* - couldn't keep up with the child support he already has - so sinking tens of thousands as a just in case would be insane and unfeasible.

I like Aika, but this was a major miscalculation on her part. She should have done a little investigating into vasectomies and reversals. And...picked a different dude if kids were so important to her. I can't believe Josh was the best and only option. Also, to fit her timeline he'd need to get that procedure like tomorrow.

*I also think he's one of those guys who thinks all women are crazy and after trapping a man via pricking holes in condoms and turkey basters and all sorts of wily trickery. In reality, at least my ovaries shrivel at the thought. Blech.

• Love 1

Not all vasectomies are reversible.  If it was a “pinch and burn”,  least my OBGYN in the 90s told me was not reversible. Josh is a real dickweed. Aika got sold a bill of goods. I wouldn’t put it past him to “buy” her the ring she wants by having a CZ put in it and passing it off as a diamond. He’ll do anything to keep his Waterboy and Hot Cheerleader fantasy going.

i don’t really enjoy calling Josh The Waterboy, as the Adam Sandler movie was hilarious, and The Waterboys were a really excellent band.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, John M said:

But assholes, on the other hand, are the height of beauty and perfection lol. I'm just joking with you, John M. I get it because I'm a straight female and the only vagina I want to stick anything in is my own. However, yeah for some reason straight men like to look at them.

1 hour ago, Quof said:

Vaginas are internal, they aren't the part you see. 

Science.

1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:

The one-eyed snake sees all.

Philosophy.

Edited by Nowhere
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I think a just in case sperm-on-ice scenario is for someone in a very different tax bracket than ol' Joshy. The freezing and storage itself is probably not cheap, plus it would be for the purpose of IVF later on, which is a super pricey endeavor, especially if you don't conceive on the first try. I'm guessing Josh's decision was probably financially motivated to begin with* - couldn't keep up with the child support he already has - so sinking tens of thousands as a just in case would be insane and unfeasible.

You're absolutely right. Josh probably had the quickest and cheapest vasectomy available and maybe he even crossed the border to do so. Then again, maybe he's lying about the whole thing and it's just an excuse NOT to have any more kids. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

something was fishy about the fire station. I guess Chris had the electricity and heat turned on? And sheets were on the bed. I guess someone came by and put sheets on the bed? I guess he has employees in the area. I think the apartment itself is fine for their situation (homeless and jobless). A bed, a bedroom, a bathroom, a toilet, a shower, a kitchen and a  sofa to sit on. it's fine better than a dirt floor and shitting into a hole in the ground.

I figure Chris uses that firehouse for affairs while “doing business” in KY. Nikki put the two grifters into the firehouse so Chris can’t bring sidepiece there to Bang. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Valium will do that to you.

As for Josh - do we know he got his snip in the US?   Could have gone South of the Border (pun intended) to do it.   A US doctor might not snip someone that young, but another country if he had cash might be willing to do it.   Or he could have had medical reasons to get snipped.   I'm quite sure given his other "promises" he did not tell Aika the whole story.   So she expected to come to the US and it would all be as he promised.   Except he lied through his teeth to get the hot chick.   Who does not want to be paraded around as arm candy.

In the US, young men bring up their desire for vasectomy to their primary care physician — and the PCP is the one who becomes the barrier with their “you should wait until you’re older” POV.  What many don’t realize is that you can often bypass your PCP (dependent on your health insurance) and just schedule for a consultation with a urologist.  (In case anyone wanted one but has a PCP that likes to assert their personal views into practice).

Josh lives close to Mexico and he could have gone to MX, like you suggested for a quick, messy vasectomy.  I know of two male friends who actually planned a vacation vasectomy but only one went through with it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I'm shocked he got it in his 20's, even with 2 kids.

My husband (when I had a husband) got his when he was 29 (1968).  Had no problem getting someone to do it.  He was a podiatrist and he went to one of the guys in his medical building.  The PROBLEM he did have is that he thought he could bypass the doctor's requirement that the missus (me) sign some sort of form.   I had no clue he was planning to have a vasectomy; I was planning to have at least two more kids.  He left the doctor's office, rushed into our house and said, "Grab the kids (a baby and a 2-yr-old) and come with me to the doctor's office.  Then he told me what was going on.   I went.  He had the vas, and life went on.  My friends were flabbergasted; they said their husbands cringed at the thought.  When we figured out later what a rounder he was, we decided one of his girlfriends must have given him a BIG SCARE!  

1 hour ago, Forum member said:

I hope Josh has a failed reversal and Aika has 3 beautiful children anyway that he has to help raise.

Your hope is dashed, mysterious Forum Member.   I read that Josh has nothing to do with his "original" children and didn't support them anyway.   Aika will be alone in a foreign country except for three little Americans to try to support.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

Can anyone explain the Fili vs Philli?

And has anyone noticed that Aika says, "Pillipines" with a P sound? Not "Phillipines" with an F sound.

Sore subject for me.   I was eliminated from a spelling bee by that damn word.   Whose bright idea was it to switch to an F when the damn islands are spelled "Ph"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Libby's dad was a dick. If you don't like your daughter's choice, then don't pay, but you don't have to be an asshole about it.

This should be our mantra.  We could probably say this about at least TWO participants on every show:  But you don't have to be an ASSHOLE about it!!!

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Forum member said:

Who says that scuzzy Josh had a medical vasectomy? It could have been an amateur job done by a wife, ex, jealous husband, drunk, whore, or disgusted complete stranger. 

That would not be a vasectomy.

With two kids in his 20s, Josh wouldn' have a problem getting a vasectomy. My parter got his at 32 with no kids and just stated he never wanted to have them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I figure Chris uses that firehouse for affairs while “doing business” in KY. Nikki put the two grifters into the firehouse so Chris can’t bring sidepiece there to Bang. 

Did the bed look as though it had been slept in? Am I remembering that correctly?

The less comfortable the grifters are, the faster they will stand on their own two feet... if they are even capable. 

giphy.gifChris you never should have co-sponsored Annie.

You are so dumb.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Evelyn specifically mentioned that she was making a dish that she ate with David in Spain and his mother cooked.

I think I missed that.

Evelyn and David also have to have another important chat - housekeeping. Will David go to work when he can and support them both? Will Evelyn do all the stuff around the house? Will David help out with the household chores? Finances like separate bank accounts, along with a joint account. Only joint account? Spending?

• Love 1