Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E35: Head of Household #13; Nominations #13

• Start Topic

I'm still not getting why everyone is throwing comps and working so diligently to get Paul to Final 2?  Do they honestly think he's taking them and that they will win against him?    Don't they realize that each of them stands a better chance up against anyone other than Paul?

It's so odd? And really annoying.

New rule for next season - anyone actively and obviously throwing a competition will be on the Block for 2 consecutive weeks.  

• Love 18
41 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

It was definitely a combination of things.  Several "pairs" that isolated themselves and didn't really mix, the 'non-pairs' staying pretty separate, Cody having to nominate so many people, not talking much with others and being a bit of an asshole at the beginning, pushing away his other showmance alliance-mates, while Paul charmed them.

Yes,  Cody had to keep nominating people until it stuck.  And, because he didn't make decisions by consensus, people thought he was being disloyal.  As HoH, he could make those decisions, but somehow it was seen as betrayal.   That set the scene for the clusterfuck they have now, where everyone has to agree on who goes on the block, and then they all agree, I mean, are TOLD how to vote, who will win each comp, etc.  Paul is able to convince people that doing something against their OWN best interest is doing it for "the team,"  even though there is no TEAM. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, candall said:

If they're going to send in one returning player, they would need to give him protection for a little while

The entire concept was bad from the beginning.  Filling the house with morons compounded the error.

46 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'm still not getting why everyone is throwing comps and working so diligently to get Paul to Final 2?  Do they honestly think he's taking them and that they will win against him?    Don't they realize that each of them stands a better chance up against anyone other than Paul?

They all would be happy with second place next to Dear Leader.  It's quite the case study in cult formation.

• Love 3

I think Paul is playing this game like a virtuoso.  It's really amazing to watch someone come into a tough competition like BB and control it so completely from start to finish.  He ranks up there with Dan Gheesling (my all-time favorite player) and Dr. Will.  Is Paul a "nice" person?  I don't know him, so I can't really say.  He seems decent enough (I don't think he kicks puppies or pushes old ladies in wheelchairs down stairs), but he's playing this game HARD, so as we get closer to the end (and $500,000), he's bound to get more abrupt with his "team mates" when they don't do what he decrees.

Having said that, I wish some of the other players would push back on him and get a clue.  Christmas and Alex in particular have disappointed me in that regard.  I truly thought Alex was going to be a powerhouse this season.  Both Cody and Paul recognized her strengths in the game early on and tried to recruit her to their side.  The fact that she resisted both was a tribute to her gameplay.  I just don't know what happened to her.  I think Xmas' injury probably helped her in BB.  She went from competition threat to object of pity and concern (sorry Raven!) in a way that made her much more relatable and liked by the rest of the house.

(Worst thing about Paul, to me, is that horrible, massive tattoo across his chest.  Is it actually a picture of something?  It looks like a giant black inkblot.  if they did comic book covers for this season, he could be "Rorschach".)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

I think Paul is playing this game like a virtuoso.  It's really amazing to watch someone come into a tough competition like BB and control it so completely from start to finish.  He ranks up there with Dan Gheesling (my all-time favorite player) and Dr. Will.  Is Paul a "nice" person?  I don't know him, so I can't really say.  He seems decent enough (I don't think he kicks puppies or pushes old ladies in wheelchairs down stairs), but he's playing this game HARD, so as we get closer to the end (and $500,000), he's bound to get more abrupt with his "team mates" when they don't do what he decrees.

Having said that, I wish some of the other players would push back on him and get a clue.  Christmas and Alex in particular have disappointed me in that regard.  I truly thought Alex was going to be a powerhouse this season.  Both Cody and Paul recognized her strengths in the game early on and tried to recruit her to their side.  The fact that she resisted both was a tribute to her gameplay.  I just don't know what happened to her.  I think Xmas' injury probably helped her in BB.  She went from competition threat to object of pity and concern (sorry Raven!) in a way that made her much more relatable and liked by the rest of the house.

(Worst thing about Paul, to me, is that horrible, massive tattoo across his chest.  Is it actually a picture of something?  It looks like a giant black inkblot.  if they did comic book covers for this season, he could be "Rorschach".)

Good post.  And heeeee to "Rorschach".

I think it would only take one person with the guts to stick Paul on the block and then all the other hamsters would shake their heads to clear away the mist and realize "Well, here's a guy who's much more likely to be walking away with that money than I am.  He'd be a good one to take out."

I still think there's a good chance that will happen, but I'm not an old hand at BB so I'm not sure how the endgame swerves.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, candall said:

Everyone's so intense and furious about Paul, but I guess I'll say this anyway:  I don't find it too heinous to have given him the three weeks of immunity.

If they're going to send in one returning player, they would need to give him protection for a little while, or he'd be right back out the door again, based on nothing more than "which of these things is not like the others?"  Like regular chickens ganging up to peck a pink-dyed chicken to death--the hg's don't know each other well enough by the first eviction to use any other standard than zeroing in on the easiest, most obvious target.

When they sent in four returning players a while ago, didn't they manipulate the situation to divide the hg's into four groups and designate each of the veterans as "group leader" or something like that?  Obviously they wanted to circumvent a vets' alliance, which would have been easy for the larger group to target and eliminate. 

After all these seasons, it makes sense someone would come up with the scenario of one experienced (skillful) player vs. a house full of newbies.  But--repeating myself here--if he didn't have at least a temporary period of immunity from eviction, it would have been a short-lived experiment.

I remember a lot of people saying, "Week Four and you're history, Paul."  Nope.  By the end of three weeks, he was dug in and people were worshipping at the Altar of Paul.  I couldn't have done it; I don't think most people could have.

I'm mostly in agreement with you. I don't really like the idea of ONE returning player, though. Do a whole season of vets. Or maybe even vets vs. newbies, like they've done on Survivor. But the dynamic with one returnee just isn't fun for me. That being said, I agree that it would have been pointless for someone to return and be evicted immediately. They surely did do him some favors. But I didn't overly care about that. 

The rest of the house still had PLENTY of time to get him out. They didn't. They were passive, weak-minded sycophants. They were content to play Paul's game. Now it's all biting them in the ass. Sorry. 

And I hate Paul too. So I'm not getting ANY enjoyment out of this season. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

Worst thing about Paul, to me, is that horrible, massive tattoo across his chest.  Is it actually a picture of something?  It looks like a giant black inkblot

It's the ugliest tattoo I've ever seen and probably cost a fortune.  I think it's an eagle.  But it's too big, too black, too ugly.  He's too little for such a huge tattoo... the rubber ducky isn't helping matters either.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

I think Paul is playing this game like a virtuoso.  It's really amazing to watch someone come into a tough competition like BB and control it so completely from start to finish.  He ranks up there with Dan Gheesling (my all-time favorite player) and Dr. Will.

I liked Dan too. And Dr. Will. Something is different this time. My memory is the worst, so what exactly is different eludes me. But I feel like Paul is DECENT at this game, but the people he is up against don't make it that hard. There is no subtlety, to me. He's just steamrolling his way through a pack of willing goats. They've all pretty much laid out the red carpet for him. It's embarrassing to watch. I guess I just feel like Dan and Will had to WORK for it a bit more. 

I also don't really remember a level of bullying with them that I saw with Paul. I have nothing against psychological warfare. But when people are vastly outnumbered in the house and just trying to stay out of the way, rallying your "dogs" against them just seems pointless and outside the game. It feels personal and really nasty. 

Just my two cents. 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

Just an expression meaning get your fill-or enjoy.

Ah, thank you! Never heard that before.

46 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

It is seriously the absolute worst tattoo. I've tried freeze-framing the tv or zooming in on pics of him and it still always looks like nothing more than a giant black blob to me.

14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Do a whole season of vets.

I prefer when any reality show has all new people but the concept of returning players terrifies me most when it comes to Big Brother because the thought of sitting through another season of Frankie....*shudder*.  Even just seeing him for a couple minutes in last night's episode made me want to throw my tv across the room.

The Revengers was dumb but, I have to admit, James popping out of the garbage can yelling "What are you doing!!!!" cracked me up. I also thought it was hilarious watching the famewhores think that they were actually important enough to be on Entertainment Tonight.

• Love 6

I prefer when any reality show has all new people but the concept of returning players terrifies me most when it comes to Big Brother because the thought of sitting through another season of Frankie....*shudder*.  Even just seeing him for a couple minutes in last night's episode made me want to throw my tv across the room.

I would WELCOME, WELCOME any VET who would come in and point out that the Emperor Has No Clothes to those idiots.  Or, hell, they could bring in Russell Hantz from Survivor... 

veryone's so intense and furious about Paul, but I guess I'll say this anyway:  I don't find it too heinous to have given him the three weeks of immunity.

If they're going to send in one returning player, they would need to give him protection for a little while, or he'd be right back out the door again, based on nothing more than "which of these things is not like the others?" 

Paul could show up the last week and STILL win with this crew.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

Worst thing about Paul, to me, is that horrible, massive tattoo across his chest.  Is it actually a picture of something?  It looks like a giant black inkblot.  

He tried to cover up something else.  Somebody here posted pics of him here early in the season without that giant black blob.  There's something with an eagle and a snake going on, but I can't figure it out.  I can't remember who posted them, but it looked better.

If I were to ever play BB, I would never play to win the very first HOH, you have nothing to base the nominations on.

I think where Cody messed up, and this is just how I felt, was when he won HOH, running up to the room with Jessica in tow saying he was locking the door & not allowing anyone else in the room.  Then on his nominations, to use the reason "I just don't like you."  He alienated people from the beginning.

I've watched BB since season 1.  I've never seen a houseful of players who knows nothing about the game or past seasons or players. This is why I am thinking TPTB took a group of people who had applied for other CBS reality shows & were rejected &, gave them this opportunity with the understanding that they were not there to win but to help one person to win. 

We will see soon. On one hand, I want to say I'd like to see Josh win, but he's not making his own decisions. And now he's crying about what a nice guy he is, he has a big heart & does not like hurting people. That's not what I saw in him at the start of the season. He was a Class A bully.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

It's so odd? And really annoying.

Each rookie HG appears to be working off the same set of (mis-?)perceptions:

1. If a newbie and a vet are side-by-side at Final 2 (which, given there's only one vet, is the only way a vet-in-F2 scenario could play), then there's no way a Jury would award the first-place $500K to the vet.
  2. Their deep and personal relationship with God -er- Paul is a very very unique and special snowflake, pure and unsullied by Paul having any sort of similar relationship with anybody else in the House.

Both of these perceptions are absolute and total bullshit, of course..  #1 was blown out of the water just last season - Paul's season, as it happens - when the vet (Nicole) beat out the noob (Paul).  And as anybody who's watched more than two episodes of this season knows, Paul regularly glories in his DRs about how thoroughly he has conned each HG or pair of HGs into thinking (a) they are his one and only true F2 or F3 alliance, and (b) all his other House relationships are purely snowjobs.

Now, why would all these other HGs believe this detritus of exploded notions?  Because Paul told them so, that's why.  And Paul is a vet, so he should know.  :P

19 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

He tried to cover up something else.  Somebody here posted pics of him here early in the season without that giant black blob.  There's something with an eagle and a snake going on, but I can't figure it out.  I can't remember who posted them, but it looked better.

The eagle attacking a vagina hanging from a lamppost (or whatever the hell that is) is a crappy coverup of another crappy tattoo.  Which is why Paul's entire chest area looks like it has been not-so-gently kissed by a body-sized brick.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

How hurt is Alex going to be when she finally gets the chance to watch this season and see what was really going on and how thoroughly she was played?

Somehow, I get the feeling someone is still going to have to explain it to her.

That won't do it.  She really is that dense and stupid.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

The rest of the house still had PLENTY of time to get him out. They didn't. They were passive, weak-minded sycophants. They were content to play Paul's game. Now it's all biting them in the ass. Sorry. 

Yes, completely. Don't forget that Raven included "Throwing Comps For Paul" as an extra special game move that made her worthy of praise.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

But when people are vastly outnumbered in the house and just trying to stay out of the way, rallying your "dogs" against them just seems pointless and outside the game. It feels personal and really nasty.

Speaking of that little punk Raven... her hurling insults and flipping Cody and Jessica the double bird from safely accross the yard is still burned in my head as one of the defining moments of this season. So easily lead and so vile/proud of themselves.

• Love 14

I sort of get why they would want their only vet protected for a bit, but three weeks, 8 friendship bracelets, and a known groupie in the cast is just too much. One week two bracelets, or two weeks one bracelet should be enough for someone who is experienced in the game (not to mention this cast of doormats.)

Ideally going forward, since it seems they have no intention of no longer bringing back vets, it has to be an even number. You can't create two factions with one "leader." I would love to have Donny back, I wouldn't mind Victor, hell, bring back Devin to provide some crazy delusion. Just no more Frankie (or Frank either.)

• Love 1

I agree with all of you who point out how stupid this cast was. It always astounded me how NONE of them spoke with each other outside Paul's presence. 

There is a certain power that comes with being a vet of the show. And the times that they have brought back vets from other seasons, they brought back more than one. So if you didn't like Frank, you could work with Britney, for example. By having only ONE vet come back, the producers made sure that that power was concentrated with one person, and you were either with him, or against him.  Add to that the three week immunity and the producers helped make sure that he had assembled more "with him"s than "against him"s.

[Ananayel you were posting while I was writing....great minds think alike! :)]

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 2

There were two times where only one vet was brought back. In BB11 Jessie was automatically given HOH on week 1. In BBOTT Jason was immediately targeted in Week 1 and had to win veto to save himself. Neither Jessie or Jason had the level of control that Paul has had this season. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I liked Dan too. And Dr. Will. Something is different this time. My memory is the worst, so what exactly is different eludes me. But I feel like Paul is DECENT at this game, but the people he is up against don't make it that hard. There is no subtlety, to me. He's just steamrolling his way through a pack of willing goats. They've all pretty much laid out the red carpet for him. It's embarrassing to watch. I guess I just feel like Dan and Will had to WORK for it a bit more. 

I also don't really remember a level of bullying with them that I saw with Paul. I have nothing against psychological warfare. But when people are vastly outnumbered in the house and just trying to stay out of the way, rallying your "dogs" against them just seems pointless and outside the game. It feels personal and really nasty. 

Just my two cents. 

Was i dreaming or did lil Hitler say something in the DR regarding patting Josh on the head and giving him a treat for obeying??

I really hope i dreamed that cus my hate-hump is already full to bursting over this little weasel. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Paul's tattoo

The poor eagle looks like he's got his talons all tangled up in some electrical wires. 

Well, that's obviously a snake attacking an eagle, making it fly into a lamp post, which is causing the eagle to be set on fire.  And there's a rose.  

Or, as someone else said, a Rorschach ink blot that each person has to interpret.  

Whatever it's supposed to be - it's ugly as hell. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MarysWetBar said:

Was i dreaming or did lil Hitler say something in the DR regarding patting Josh on the head and giving him a treat for obeying??

Not that I agree with comparing him to Hitler at all, but he made that comment about Kevin during the HOH comp. I believe it was when Kevin started to lose on purpose, Paul said something like "Good boy. Have a snack" or something pretty close to that.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That Revengers shit was so stupid, and it also resulted in no NEW comic book covers. For the current cast. I call bullshit on that. 

Hadn't thought of that, but you're absolutely right.  The comic book covers are some of the Hammies' most-prized swag, going back to when they did this comp as "Keeping Up with the Joneses" in BB15 and the pictures were variations of classic works of art.  Sucks to be you, Alex/Josh/Xmas/Kevin!  

Of course, they rather deserve it, for enabling Dear Leader the way they have.  And of course Paul already has his comics covers from last year.  Yeah, that's fair. (Sigh.)

5 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

if they did comic book covers for this season, [Paul] could be "Rorschach"

Hey! "Rorschach" is taken!  (No matter how lame the movie was.)

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I guess I just feel like Dan and Will had to WORK for it a bit more.

Indeed.  They both survived the collapse of their early-season alliances (as Paul did last year), but they won the final votes, where Paul blew it at the end.  And while there's no guarantee that Paul won't come up short (pun unintentional) this season, as both Will (4th) and Dan (2nd) did on their returns, neither of the other two had the benefit of being the sole returning vet, and their games were in constant jeopardy whereas Paul has been on cruise control, so even if he wins as a returnee, I wouldn't place him on a par with them.

(By that logic, you could put Rachel in a class with Will/Dan.  Which, much as I love Rachel…no.  Just, no.)

Heck, Dan was a "dead man walking" twice in S14.  He nearly got evicted before he even had a chance to play, if Danielle had been voted out in Week 2, Dan would have been out of the game (as a "coach" without any players remaining).  Granted, Danielle was up against JoJo (I know, I know…), but it was at least a theoretical possibility.

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I have nothing against psychological warfare. But when people are vastly outnumbered in the house and just trying to stay out of the way, rallying your "dogs" against them just seems pointless and outside the game. It feels personal and really nasty. 

Seriously, pulling this shit when you have an 8-2-2 majority in the House (I'll be generous and say that Elena wasn't in "the team", much as she thought she was close to Paul, and class her as "too scared to stand up for Cody and Jess", as Mark was) is just pathetic.  As I noted before, back in S8, when Dickless did the original pots and pans, he was isolated, on the block against Daniele, and trying to get evicted in her place.  Hardly the same thing as "Josh, turn it up to a '30'".

And when Brenchel were completely isolated in S12 (including BritneyBitch with her "talk show" in the HoH spewing venom, which BBAD thankfully chose to largely skip), they weren't subject to this level of harassment.  Yes, Britney taunted Brendon by insulting Rachel rather viciously in the "NeanderTall" argument, secure in the knowledge he couldn't respond physically (his "are you kidding? Three feet tall?" response made the edited episode), but it wasn't anywhere near this level.  (Although Brendon did win my heart with his soliloquy to the camera while he was waiting, for a very long time, to go into the DR.)  And Enzo and Hayden were faking an alliance with Brenchel before the eviction happened, anyway. (Resulting in Enzo's sublime "I'm friends with everyone" walkaway when Ragan was clearly expecting the rest of the HGs to join in with him and gang up on Rachel after her return a few days later.)  

Only Paul had such a chorus of yapping "dogs" to do his work.  Poor Raven (she's DYIN', Y'ALL!) must be in shock; all the rest of the most obnoxious hate-spewers (Alex, Josh, Xmas) were taken to the F5, but she got bumped out in favor of Kevin, who "merely" stood by and co-signed the abuse.  What the hell, Paul? What the hell?

• Love 4

I'm so glad I didn't watch and don't intend to see the rest where the Paulfather is awarded a victory he won 2 months ago. I saw the "devil" clip with Josh online and can't believe that amounted to as much of nothing as everything else this season. Paul must perform some kind of hypnosis that doesn't translate through tv. Not that I like anyone else left or anyone departed. I can't believe I liked Christmas, Kevin and Alex on day 1, can't stand them now. Christmas should have been gone the moment medical told her she was not clear for comps. I was waiting for Kevin to show a wily side when the time was right and blindside the house, but if such a side exists, now it's too late. Thought Alex was smart, boy was I wrong. Bring on the D list celebs, see you all this winter or maybe on Survivor. You guys have been the only fun this season.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Ideally going forward, since it seems they have no intention of no longer bringing back vets, it has to be an even number.

Bringing back a contestant is a favorite way for shows to deal with having been unfair to someone, so the Producers would have to stop interfering in the game and find a way to deal with the backlog of HG's they've screwed over.

7 hours ago, backformore said:

Well, that's obviously a snake attacking an eagle, making it fly into a lamp post, which is causing the eagle to be set on fire.  And there's a rose.  

Hah... love that description. Why there is a lamp post is really puzzling. They talk about 'readability' with tattoos, that you shouldn't need a roadmap to know what's going on and this one fails mightily. The time and pain invested in this one must have been major and for this result... yikes. Bad ink lasts forever y'all!!

ETA: Forgot to add cost. Tattoos this size are like 'is there an installment plan?' prices AND once you know what it's covering up you can see wierd swirls in the upper left wing still!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Paul at the tattoo parlor:   See this ugly tattoo on my chest?  Do you think you can do something about it?   Like cover it up with something even uglier?  

What's astonishing is that, having flubbed his initial tattoo so badly he needed the eagle to cover it up, he's still getting more ink.  Talk about throwing good (prize) money after bad…

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

482d8fdab7934e84496a8d3cb98d3b04--beautiful-men-hot-men.jpg.1948180f907efa27592341ae08ae8e3d.jpg

Aha! It's covering up....whatever the hell that creepy ass tattoo is supposed to be.

I think it's either Saddam Hussein or Kemal Ataturk.

Josh's look of pure horror at seeing how psycho Paul really is was a high point of the episode. 

Note to Frankie: flamingos don't prance.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, PaperTree said:

That thing is a mess.  It looks like a goat behind him.

If only they could see what they will look like when they get older and their skin is saggy and the tattoo has faded.  I have a friend who is a nurse in a VA hospital and can attest to how pathetic they look as one ages.

• Love 3
On 9/10/2017 at 8:34 PM, Eolivet said:

I still think it's hilarious they tried to make them think BB comic movies were an actual real life thing (on Entertainment Tonight and all).

I'm not entirely convinced these idiots don't actually think it is real.  They have an incredibly inflated idea that Big Brother is the path to celebrity.  It isn't.

• Love 6

Paul's slinking around the kitchen crying after Raven's exit was so gross and icky, I actually felt gross and icky watching him.  It's like he was walking in circles, making sure he was seen by everyone, but then slyly turning away as if he didn't really want to be seen...it was a masterful, sociopathic performance.  

Still no jury house footage?  Watching Mark and Cody play Go Fish would be far more entertaining than watching these idiots flounder around the house waiting for Paul to give them permission to breathe.  Josh has a clue about Paul, but has no idea what to do with it.  And when Paul brings Josh to the final two, Josh is going to be a blubbering mess of snot and Paul knows it.  I wish with all my heart that the jury would collectively refuse to award the money and insist it goes to charity.  Take their voting keys and drop them on the floor.  I get that this is reality tv, but it's disgraceful to award money to a bully.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

just love how the dark tattoo highlights his little pink nipples.

I know right!!! Something so delicate and pink amid all that black smudge.

I've often seen flashes of dark irritation cross his face. Just for a split second.    He's controlling the game 24/7.  It has to be taxing.  He never relaxes, those beady little eyes darting everywhere. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I wish with all my heart that the jury would collectively refuse to award the money and insist it goes to charity. 

I get that a lot of people don't like Paul but to say that nobody should win and they should give the money to charity is an idea that I could never get behind. You wouldn't cancel the Superbowl or the World Series just because you don't like the winner. Paul may be kind of a dick sometimes but he hasn't committed any crimes and nobody is going to be permanently traumatized by anything he's said or done in the house. He's an arrogant, sometimes obnoxious, young guy on a reality show - maybe unpleasant or infuriating to some viewers, but nothing truly horrible in the grand scheme of things. (I say this because if he were truly some horrible bully who went around hurting people in his every day life, I'm sure we would have heard about that somewhere in the media or online or Reddit or whatever) If he wins (and I still think he may not, depending on how bitter the jury is), it'll just be a reality show winner that a lot of people didn't like, it's not like CBS would be handing the money over to a serial killer or violent criminal. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Tattoos this size are like 'is there an installment plan?' prices AND once you know what it's covering up you can see wierd swirls in the upper left wing still!

I noticed remnants of the previous tattoos before I saw what had been there, but it was the kind of mess you can't do much about but go big and dark and try to draw attention elsewhere. The eagle looks like it was done by somebody much more talented than whoever did the original ink. There's what looks like an artist's signature to one side; maybe Paul got an advertising discount.

• Love 1
On 9/11/2017 at 11:57 AM, ghoulina said:

Paul got incredibly, incredibly lucky (which always factors in Big Brother) in that his biggest threat was a former marine with rage issues who alienated his alliance. Again, just on the show, you could always see Paul working the social game hard. He was an entertainer, the life of the party. He was in every room, in every conversation. He never gave people the opportunity to go "Wait, shouldn't we get rid of him?"

Cody and Jessica and their giant middle fingers extended to the rest of the cast (which were returned) absolutely helped. They never deigned (that we saw on the show) to have a social game, and so the choice between "someone who hates me" and "someone who likes me, even though he's a threat and I probably shouldn't like him" was easy. Paul ran the house on his social game.

But I can't shake the fact that because of the way Paul ran the house, the game was never allowed to evolve. Every eviction except Jason's has reminded me of early season Survivor, where you vote out the annoying people over the ones who might be threats, because you just can't stand to live with them. Yeah, Cody and Jessica were threats, but those votes were more "I can't stand them" rather than "They're gonna beat me."

That metric works for Paul, because if you're voting out who you can't stand, he's never going to be a target. And because nobody ever challenged Paul for social leader of the group. He's the biggest threat, who's everybody's best friend.

In a season without Cody and Jessica, Paul is out much earlier, I think. But he presented himself as the fun alternative to the no-fun group (at least on the show), and now here they are. Having fun ... helping him win.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Yeah, Cody and Jessica were threats, but those votes were more "I can't stand them" rather than "They're gonna beat me."

I actually think that Paul targeted them *because* he saw them as threats and said as much in the DR, at least wrt Cody. But he pitched it to his goons as "they're so awful we don't like them, do we, gang?" 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I get that a lot of people don't like Paul but to say that nobody should win and they should give the money to charity is an idea that I could never get behind. You wouldn't cancel the Superbowl or the World Series just because you don't like the winner. 

No, but if the winner of the Superbowl or World Series was an experienced NFL or MLB team that only had to play collegiate teams to get there and win and had an occasional assist from the refs/umps, you can bet I'm going to mock the hell out of them.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Ahh so Friday is a easy skip, it will be one of those them sitting around saying to each other "Oh guys, what a season! Remember when _____ ?" *roll clip* shows.

"Remember when Raven flipped the bird and started barking like a deranged chihuahua?  Remember when Josh clanged pots and pans and sang circus music for hours on end to try and break Cody/Jessica/Mark?  Remember when Paul made Mark cry when Mark was just trying to eat some cereal?  Remember when Josh realized he was playing BB with the Devil?  Remember when Christmas won a running comp while on crutches because Paul managed to not only get everyone to throw the comp, but told them in what order to throw it?  Remember how Paul got everyone to play evil psychological mind games with everyone else, and then sat back and watched it all unfold?"

Ah, yes.  What a summer it was.

• Love 15

I think its too late to take Paul out, except with F3 comp.  Paul has been throwing competitions and getting out his competitors.  He plans to win from hear out and there's little others can do to stop him.  Alex is his main competition, though Josh sometimes has potential.  But Josh can't put Paul on the block now because if Paul wins Veto, he'll manipulate either Alex or Christmas (or maybe Kevin)  into putting Josh on the block at F4.  I'm surprised that Kevin is still being manipulated.  Josh and Alex I get, they are young.  Christmas I understand less (though maybe she expects Paul to take her to F2 and she plans on being able to argue better than him - maybe) and Kevin not at all.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, simplyme said:

No, but if the winner of the Superbowl or World Series was an experienced NFL or MLB team that only had to play collegiate teams to get there and win and had an occasional assist from the refs/umps, you can bet I'm going to mock the hell out of them.

I get that. And you would be justified in mocking, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get the trophy.  (Also, I personally, don't think Paul having played before is that big an advantage. It's Big Brother, not rocket science. Anyone who's watched the show before, especially people who claim to be superfans, knows exactly how the game is played and what they should and shouldn't do. Now, in this particular season, it kind of seems like most of these people have never watched a single episode of Big Brother before ever so that probably hasn't helped matters.) 

• Love 2