Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E00: One-on-One With Luann de Lesseps

• Start Topic

Andy Cohen sits down with TV personality Luann de Lesseps (``The Real Housewives of New York City'') who discusses the reasons why she ended her marriage to Tom D'Agostino seven months after saying, ``I do.''*

*This episode is officially part of Watch What Happens Live, but is also considered a special for The Real Housewives of New York City.

• Love 3

She sure had her cliche book at her side, plus an old copy of Love Story handy.

She has no depth, no nothing, just a bunch of ready made bad answers.

She couldn't even tell the truth about the slap. A grab does not resemble a slap Louie.

Did she actually say she is writing a book now?  About what?  Oy vey.

• Love 19

I call Liar, Liar Pants on Fire. We already knew she'd leave old Tom if he cheated on her and lo and behold.... She DID mention he "couldn't give up his bachelor ways" so just go ahead and admit it Lu.... Ya f'd up.  And we all know it.  Drop the act. We see you.

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Andy's questions better than her "answers". Why is this interview happening-is it a Bravo shot gun interview? 

I think Bravo was pissed because she almost certainly was in the process of filing for divorce when they filmed the reunion. She filed for divorce 2 weeks after the reunion. They filed on the same day, which means 2 sets of lawyers had to complete their respective divorce petitions and get signatures together to file at the same time. Yeah, they had a prenup, but I don't think those lawyers were throwing those divorce filings together in a week or 10 days.

I also think Bravo was worried that she'd start granting interviews to everyone, but them.

7 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I do not believe a single thing she says.

7 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Yes, she did. It's a book about dealing with change and getting over bad periods in your life. Like when did she get this epiphany about dealing with tough times? She filed for divorce exactly a month ago. She granted this interview 3 weeks after filing. Let's get some fucking miles on her "change and tough times" before she starts writing self help books on the subject. Even Bethenny knew better. Bethenny and Jason split December 2012. Bethenny's "I Suck at Relationships" book came out April 2015. That Lu is so quick to talk about her forthcoming book makes me realize that this bullshit marriage was complete nonsense and lies.

• Love 18

Luann can't admit the truth , even though its obvious.

Tom is a player, Lu is a player and that is putting it politely.

He picked her up in a bar, saw she couldn't care less he dumped his date, then went to his apt. and they screwed all night.

She decides shes in love and he being the weak little coward he is played along and figured ok I dump her at the altar or the yacht.

He is too chicken to back out and they marry.

She starts pulling her Countess act on him. Oh darling we would never do that, do this and so on.    This is the way it has to be. Oh and please call me Mrs. Dogasteeno.

He says fuck it and does whatever he wants. The end.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

She sure had her cliche book at her side, plus an old copy of Love Story handy.

She couldn't even tell the truth about the slap. A grab does not resemble a slap Louie.

I have always thought that of Lu, no depth. There is nothing there. I have never heard her say anything original or intelligent. The only time she made me laugh was when she held up both of her ring fingers in a TH. But even that, I'm pretty sure, wasn't deliberately witty. She quickly explained on the Reunion that she was not holding up her middle fingers and seemed alarmed that someone might have mistaken her ring fingers for middle fingers. 

• Love 9

How did she manage to write a book about her resilience so quickly?  She also spent part of the summer in Europe? (Or did I not hear that correctly).  I can't even get through my pile of newspapers after vacationing and she's managed  to file for divorce and write a book !  She IS resilient.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

How did she manage to write a book about her resilience so quickly?  She also spent part of the summer in Europe? (Or did I not hear that correctly).  I can't even get through my pile of newspapers after vacationing and she's managed  to file for divorce and write a book !  She IS resilient.

She spent the 3 weeks after filing her divorce and before she filmed this interview in Europe hiking and writing her book on resilience.

• Love 4

she is a survivor and she's very good at making Lemonade out of lemons.   

When she puts up that much of a facade, it does seem easy.

He picked her up in a bar, saw she couldn't care less he dumped his date, then went to his apt. and they screwed all night.

She decides shes in love and he being the weak little coward he is played along and figured ok I dump her at the altar or the yacht.

He is too chicken to back out and they marry.

She starts pulling her Countess act on him. Oh darling we would never do that, do this and so on.    This is the way it has to be. Oh and please call me Mrs. Dogasteeno.

He says fuck it and does whatever he wants. The end.

Bwahahahaha!

That pretty much says it all.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I wish they would do a Lu in the Hampton's show. And have her not darken b's house of pain and suffering threshold. I think I love Lu's Hampton house as much as I love Dorinda's Berkshires manor. 

It would be wonderful to me if they did start a RH Hampton's show. Without that wretch b of course.

eta Someone tweet Andy for me, pitch the RH Hampton's (keeping in mind that the one who sucks all the warmth and happiness out of the room is not to be involved (that would be wretched b)).

You can't do a Hamptons show because you can't film there in the winter and even in the summer, most of the people you'd want to cast would be in the city during the week and only in the Hamptons on the weekends. There honestly isn't enough variety to film there during the week. There are nice little shops. Nice little restaurants. It's a little sleepy. The resulting show would end up looking a lot like Summer House or Fire Island. Neither was particularly compelling.

• Love 3

I enjoyed Andy asking if she was more excited about the wedding than Tom was. 

I wonder if there is any significance to Carole not calling Lu after they filed for divorce. I'm guessing Carole was just too busy or never got around to it. But it almost seemed as if Lu was hurt, which was kind of out of character for Lu.

• Love 12

Put me in the disappointed crowd.  Andy asked great questions (rare for him!) but didn't actually hold her to really answering them (so typical of him). I feel like she talked around some questions, answered others vaguely, and just bs'ed her way through the rest. From what we have seen after the filing, I don't think Tom really cares or respects her. From what we saw during filming, I don't think he really cared or respected her then. Her whole answer to the Missy discussion at the party was complete and utter BS. If it would have just been a nothing story then they wouldn't have said, "Yeah, demic!"  There wouldn't have been anything to demic about. And I doubt the way he was greeting Missy was really him just being sweet, chivalrous Tom.  No.  He's being a horndog. 

Lu is just so concerned about her image and it drives me nuts. The Lu that I've liked in the past is the one who doesn't care what other people think. She is still trying to craft this story about this marriage and it just rings as false and stupid. 

• Love 23

I rarely watch WWHL anymore, but I DVR'd this one. Wish I hadn't. She literally told us nothing. LuAnn was calm, cool, and collected in her tennis gear, still spinning. Still controlling the narrative. He didn't cheat. Yet she had "tunnel vision" and ignored too many "red flags". I just felt like I was watching a politician. Her answers were super controlled and she was absolutely defensive of Tom. It was boring and reminded me of why I just can never fully like LuAnn. She has some great moments of realness, but then she puts up the Countess wall and I just roll my eyes at her. Andy actually asked some good questions, for once, but there was no follow through when she danced around them. 

8 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

How did she manage to write a book about her resilience so quickly?

It sounded like she said she started righting it quite a bit before the divorce was filed. Sounded shady. 

• Love 20

I wonder if Bravo pressured her to do this special, angry that she withheld the divorce info during the reunion. Telling her that if she didn't do the special her appearance on the series might be affected.

Also, she probably protected Tom because she's afraid of retaliation.

I thought she looked great. The lighting was very harsh and her makeup was too dry and heavy.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Probably the day after the wedding...to The Count

slight edit.

I think she already had this book written and it was about the Count. Hopefully she will be smart enough this time around to edit out the "how to keep a man" chapter

Exclusive People Magazine Photo of infamous face grab

dU5uwWV3RqucQ7InODGZ_Third%20Hand%20Slap

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

slight edit.

I think she already had this book written and it was about the Count. Hopefully she will be smart enough this time around to edit out the "how to keep a man" chapter.

I haven't seen the book. There isn't really a "how to keep a man" chapter, is there?!  

1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

Lu is just so concerned about her image and it drives me nuts. 

Congratulations, Countess. Your image now is that you're an idiot. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I just don't get why it is so hard for her to say, "I rushed into the marriage and it was a bad idea. I loved the idea of love, a big wedding, and a happy marriage which made me ignore all the warning signs and friends that were warning me off of it. Tom is good as a friend, great as a friend with benefits, and horrid as a husband. He had problems with fidelity and that was important to me so I decided to end the marriage."  Like, she would start saying some of it but then she would walk back.  She loved him, he loved her but they had problems throughout the marriage and did several breaks during it. Which one is it???

The problem is, she half-said some of these things. She DID say she rushed into it, and compared it to rushing with The Count, but then she didn't really say WHY rushing was bad. Because, ya know....he didn't cheat, they were in so in love, they were happy. Huh? And she also said she did ignore red flags...but if he didn't cheat and was such a great guy, WHAT red flags??? The double-speak was maddening. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

The problem is, she half-said some of these things. She DID say she rushed into it, and compared it to rushing with The Count, but then she didn't really say WHY rushing was bad. Because, ya know....he didn't cheat, they were in so in love, they were happy. Huh? And she also said she did ignore red flags...but if he didn't cheat and was such a great guy, WHAT red flags??? The double-speak was maddening. 

Exactly!  And that is what is so maddening and really just makes her look idiotic. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I wonder if Bravo pressured her to do this special, angry that she withheld the divorce info during the reunion. Telling her that if she didn't do the special her appearance on the series might be affected.

Also, she probably protected Tom because she's afraid of retaliation.

I thought she looked great. The lighting was very harsh and her makeup was too dry and heavy.

No, if that were the case, then Ramona would have been gone a few years ago. She has yet to share any details of Mario's cheating/divorce on the show or with Andy to this day. 

8 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I just don't get why it is so hard for her to say, "I rushed into the marriage and it was a bad idea. I loved the idea of love, a big wedding, and a happy marriage which made me ignore all the warning signs and friends that were warning me off of it. Tom is good as a friend, great as a friend with benefits, and horrid as a husband. He had problems with fidelity and that was important to me so I decided to end the marriage."  Like, she would start saying some of it but then she would walk back.  She loved him, he loved her but they had problems throughout the marriage and did several breaks during it. Which one is it???

But she did say these things, she just did so diplomatically. Is it that some are so use to some HWs blasting their ex's that we forget there is another way to say things? LOL

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Now THAT would have been satisfying to view!

She might have been better off just deciding beforehand that she would misrepresent EVERYTHING.

But by answering truthfully 7% of the time and then trying to put a silk hat on her pig of a husband the other 93%, she just seemed really pathetic.

1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

From what we have seen after the filing, I don't think Tom really cares or respects her. From what we saw during filming, I don't think he really cared or respected her then.

Honestly, she kept saying, "He loves me, he cares about me, I love him, I care about him, I respect him." That gleeful ride in the car with the blonde?  Please.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Exactly!  And that is what is so maddening and really just makes her look idiotic. 

I disagree, it made her look like an adult woman that wants to move on. Not everyone, even Bravo HWs, have the need to slam their ex publically.

• Love 21
25 minutes ago, Hello Lady said:

She looked great, as usual. She's sad though. She'll rebound, love ya Lu.

Me 2. I luv  me some Lu. She looks deflated.  Loved her natural attire and the setting.  I think she loved him and still does and she's in shock.  Her tone of voice though when she choked out that she believes he did not cheat. She so doesn't believe that .

You go Lu, smile and climb out of that rose bush with your usual grace and sail in your preppy boat into the sunset to find a true love. The only thing she lost me on was flopping on the Countless title she wants that back god love her high falutin' airs and all I luv Her! 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
Swear to god I meant to type COUNTESS not Countless!
  • Love 10

I hope that Lu has a genuine, trustworthy friend whom she can vent to, along the lines of, "F--- this s---! F--- you, you piece of s---! Go f--- yourself, Tom! You really need to post these photos of you driving around with your latest f--- buddy?!?!"  Because this can't be good for her health, bottling this all up.

• Love 13

It makes her also look fake and phony, too.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I hope that Lu has a genuine, trustworthy friend whom she can vent to, along the lines of, "F--- this s---! F--- you, you piece of s---! Go f--- yourself, Tom! You really need to post these photos of you driving around with your latest f--- buddy?!?!"  Because this can't be good for her health, bottling this all up.

Well .... out of her HW friends .....

Sonja has already volunteered...she knows of a quaint little cafe that would be private ... it's a little place .... about half a block from Page 6.  Great for privacy.

Ramona also told Lu that she is there for her .... she's volunteered to even tape her mouth shut .... completely ... so Lu can talk.   Funny .... no mention of not having her phone with her ... or having it taping the conversation ... Must have been an oversight on Ramona's part. 

Bethenny and company have already told Lu straight up that while the words 'I told you so' would not be part of any conversations they couldn't guarantee that the facial expressions wouldn't say it .... and Bethenny went on to mumble something  ....

tumblr_np8krdBDbL1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

On the other hand ...

JillZ told Lu that she was there for her at the sign of first trouble.  In fact, she pointed out all the reasons that Lu should lean on her.  And, Jill being Jill, already has the exact outfit that she would wear picked out for when she and Lu have the sitdown. 

th?id=OIP.PWLsxBf39jUxuMxCf9JCtwEsDH&w=2

In other unrelated news ....  JillZ mentioned that she has a meeting set up with Andy Cohen to discuss a storyline idea that came to her as she was watching the RHONY reunion. 

PS  Though I'm trying to make light of Lu's situation, hoodooznoodooz, I agree with you 100% that Lu should talk to someone trustworthy about all of this. 

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 9

Well, I actually enjoyed the interview.  I don't know what people expected her to say.  She made a mistake.  She ate crow.  Was she supposed to grovel too? 

Seriously, it's not like her marriage and subsequent divorce is skin off anybody else's back. (Hell, the twisted sisters Singer and Frankel should send Lu a gift basket for providing them some shit to stick their noses in for the past two seasons.) If Andy/Bravo was pissed at her for some reason, then Andy wouldn't have taken time out from his summer vacation to do the interview...he just wouldn't have. As it were, there was no hostility to be found that day in the Hamptons.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 12

If Andy/Bravo was pissed at her for some reason, then Andy wouldn't have taken time out from his summer vacation to do the interview

Like Andy would have let anyone else helm this trainwreck...

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Resilient, plus opportunistic - she'll be fine.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Interesting about Carole not reaching out to her. I think that Lu is truly hurt by that.

She called Carole a pedophile. I wouldn't be calling her either.

The others who contacted her were being kind, because Luann definitely was an asshole to all of them when they were trying to warn her.

She was an asshole about the whole thing from beginning to end.

• Love 13