Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E00: One-on-One With Luann de Lesseps

• Start Topic

I'm sure it was difficult for LuAnn to have to admit publicly that her marriage failed, so kadooz to her for chatting about it with Andy.   Side note: I love her house!  Anyway, as I said before they were married, I surely hoped that they could make it, but the signs for a happily ever after were bleak.  I'm sure there are times in all of our lives when someone tried to warn or advise us on what we should do, but we did the opposite.  Sometimes it takes a person figuring it out themselves for the lesson to be learned, even when the red flags were so obvious.  Sigh.  It's the proverbial "don't touch the red burner on the stove" lesson.  Sometimes a person goes against all common sense before they figure out what they should or shouldn't have done.  

• Love 10
On 9/8/2017 at 1:13 PM, Jade Foxx said:

C'mon....LuAnn is a middle-aged woman, a divorcee, with a myriad of relationships under her belt. If she's still starry-eyed and that much in denial after all the wisdom she should have gained after all these years/experiences - then yeesh.  She's lived but hasn't learned shit. I think she looks like a fool.  

IF this is the story we're going with...

And let's face it she said she kept missing the red flags but really weren't all the warnings more a slap in the face?

A red flag would be something like working late every night when it's never happened before.

A picture of your man kissing some woman in a bar is a definite slap. 

• Love 10
On 9/7/2017 at 1:06 PM, Cherrio said:

She called Carole a pedophile. I wouldn't be calling her either.

The others who contacted her were being kind, because Luann definitely was an asshole to all of them when they were trying to warn her.

She was an asshole about the whole thing from beginning to end.

Totally agree with you. However, Carole took the high road eventually. Didn't she give Lu a lovely engagement gift? A small crystal heart or something? And Lu even admitted that it surprised her that, of all the women, Carole was being the most gracious about her relationship with Tom.

I am guessing Carole just didn't get around to it, and probably didn't think it would disappoint Lu too much. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

As to the widows, yes they both count those relationships as successes.  But they were not in those relationships for the show.  The relationships albeit tragic have ended.

Yes, but you didn't say anything about relationships for the show.  You said that these women can't comment on marriages since none of them have had a successful one and contrasted that with RHOBH where you have Kyle and Lisa's marriages.  That's why I brought up the two widows.  

I think it is fairly obvious when you file for a divorce from someone that they aren't the right person for you.  I don't think you need to go overboard extolling their virtues.  In this case especially.  I just hope the next ten women Tom dates between now and Thanksgiving realize he is insincere.  

I don't think she needs to extoll his virtues.  There is a middle ground where she can say that he wasn't the right person and the marriage didn't work but not bash him.  She doesn't need to bash him but she also doesn't need to extoll his virtues. What she needs to do is just be honest about it. I'm just pointing out that there is a way to be honest about it without bashing him since some posters seem incensed with the idea that some of us want her to be honest and are making a false assumption that it means we want her to bash him.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

Yes, but you didn't say anything about relationships for the show.  You said that these women can't comment on marriages since none of them have had a successful one and contrasted that with RHOBH where you have Kyle and Lisa's marriages.  That's why I brought up the two widows.  

I don't think she needs to extoll his virtues.  There is a middle ground where she can say that he wasn't the right person and the marriage didn't work but not bash him.  She doesn't need to bash him but she also doesn't need to extoll his virtues. What she needs to do is just be honest about it. I'm just pointing out that there is a way to be honest about it without bashing him since some posters seem incensed with the idea that some of us want her to be honest and are making a false assumption that it means we want her to bash him.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  

Honest about what though? Do we really need the little details about what went wrong in their marriage? I felt she was rather clear without making excuses, they fought a lot and couldn't get past it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

Well since the demise of their husbands they have been in relationships and Carole doesn't seem to be the go to person for relationship advice as she doesn't want to commit.  Carole's comments about Dorinda and John relationship weren't flattering.   There is such a thing as over eulogizing and I don't think widows, although tragic for the circumstances are really comparative-especially ones who have been in multiple relationship since their husbands have died.   As to RHOBH Lisa Rinna has a 20 plus year marriage and I believe Erika  Jayne is creeping up on 20 years. So it isn't just Kyle and LVP.  I believe the only full time cast member with less than 10 years was Dorit.   If I had to pick a good marriage from RHONYC it would be Jill Zarin and even she has said the show stressed their marriage.

Luann gave us the reasons why the marriage didn't work.  So I just don't see why her statements need to be expanded on.  There is enough BS without these women saying stuff like he wasn't the right guy.  Take a look at Bethenny-never once has she taken any responsibility for her failed marriages.  Luann was honest she had a deal breaker in the relationship.  I think this idea that someone needs to  open the vault is over rated.  I think it is about as honest as you can get when you  reveal the breaking point.  This is an unusual venue as Andy is asking questions as it relates to Luann's cast mates.  Most marriages aren't a jury verdict.

• Love 4

You said that these women can't comment on marriages since none of them have had a successful one and contrasted that with RHOBH where you have Kyle and Lisa's marriages

Never mind that BH has it's share of women unlucky in marriages (Camille, Brandi, Yolanda, Kim) withsome NYC HWs still married (Jill, Alex, Heather, Kristen). Or that many of the BH still married are on their second marriages or their husbands are.

Take a look at Bethenny-never once has she taken any responsibility for her failed marriages

She's also didn't hold up her marriages as some pinnacle for all women to achieve, flaunted the material aspects of the relationships (I got the yacht!), or accused the other women of being jealous, bitter shrews.

Luann gave us the reasons why the marriage didn't work

Mostly bullshit, but hey, it's the Countess way...

Part of being a messenger is in the delivery.  Bethenny makes it all about how her and she is vitriolic at best so her motives and timing are always questionable.  Both in Miami and in The Berkshires she starts bawling about how difficult it is for her.  

Yeah, that seems a convenient way to avoid blaming Luann for ignoring the message. "It wasn't because Tom was sticking his dick in other women's you-know-what, it was because Bethenny was being a bitch when she told me Tom was sticking his dick in other women's you-know-what!"

I don't think Luann and Tom's relationship is any more or less ridiculous than Adam and Carole or Bethenny and Dennis

Oh, it was far, far more ridiculous due to her bragging about and being the only thing she seemed to discuss non-stop.

Never  once did Luann call anyone a bitter shrew

Actually, she did. More than once.

I think the only jealousy was Luann was getting a lot of press over the engagement and wedding.   These women are like dogs fighting over bones when it comes to press.

No, they weren't jealous, they just saw a co-worker making a very, very, stupid decision.

I am sure there is probably some displeasure that Luann got a one on one with Andy over the break up.

I doubt any of them are jealous over this particular one on one...

My comment about Luann being damaged is that never a season goes by that someone, including Andy brings up her past indiscretions

That happens to just Luann...

Having someone scream you are a whore and slut in your face does take a toll on one's self esteem

Yeah but Luann is a strong woman who rebounds quickly from anything, so I doubt one bitch-session from Bethenny is the Berskshires would have destroyed her self-confidence that badly to cause her to marry Tom.

I believe Luann said she found out about it in the press-so there is the concealing component

She knew he was a dog before they got married.

Again when you constantly attack someone and their betrothed and have not a single good word to say about them, the relationship it is a huge stretch

Again I'm still not sure what Bethenny and the other women have to do with the demise of Luann and Tom's marriage, Luann's ignoring the evidence regarding Tom before the marriage, Tom's cheating, etc.

Although Carole and Bethenny tend to thrive on it

I disagree that they do.

Bottom line, Tom is a cheat, Luann is a cheat.  Two cheaters together?  Zilch chance of anything working out.

Ha!

I doubt anyone is jealous or upset. Who would want a one on one about a really stupid series of decisions and a marriage that lasted a few months?

Hey, who wants to be on WWHL to talk about how foolish and dumb they have been ?

Agreed.

On a side note... I do think Lu wanted it to work for multiple reasons. I think she was more in love with the idea of the relationship rather than Tom. Think about when she was listing all the great things about their relationship. It was activities like skiing. It wasn't actually anything about Tom (he's smart, he's funny, he's kind, etc). I think the divorce is hard on her because she is so concerned with her public image (even Andy said that she is very concerned about appearances and she agreed) and she's trying to spin it to where it makes her look good and also she just wanted the relationship (not necessarily the man in the relationship).  Unfortunately, IMO, the spinning of it is what backfires. If she doesn't want to bash him, she doesn't have to. She could easily come out and say that she was in love with the idea of the relationship but if the relationship isn't with the right man then it doesn't work.  Tom is a great guy but not the right guy. There are ways phrase things where it would come off better but still leave Tom's reputation intact (if that is what she is concerned about). 

Yeah, that makes sense as well.

Totally agree with you. However, Carole took the high road eventually. Didn't she give Lu a lovely engagement gift? A small crystal heart or something? And Lu even admitted that it surprised her that, of all the women, Carole was being the most gracious about her relationship with Tom.

I am guessing Carole just didn't get around to it, and probably didn't think it would disappoint Lu too much. 

Good for Carole.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

About all I leaned from the special interview was that Andy looks kinda hawt in a navy polo and white pants.    

I bet Luann and Jacques will end up together again.   

He does!!! I am very surprised that he doesn't get a little botox/fillers on the forehead, however.

I wouldn't be shocked if they tried it again. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Well since the demise of their husbands they have been in relationships and Carole doesn't seem to be the go to person for relationship advice as she doesn't want to commit.  Carole's comments about Dorinda and John relationship weren't flattering.   There is such a thing as over eulogizing and I don't think widows, although tragic for the circumstances are really comparative-especially ones who have been in multiple relationship since their husbands have died.  

But do you have to commit to marriage or living together to have a successful relationship? I think many people would say "no". 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Honest about what though? Do we really need the little details about what went wrong in their marriage? I felt she was rather clear without making excuses, they fought a lot and couldn't get past it. 

Thats all I need to know. Anything else would frankly bore me

Oh, and Toms engaged again,I think he has a screw loose.lol!

Just now, Hello Lady said:

Thats all I need to know. Anything else would frankly bore me

Oh, and Toms engaged again,I think he has a screw loose.lol!

What, Really? When did this happen and with who? Also, who is this next victim? LOL

• Love 3

I felt she was rather clear without making excuses, they fought a lot and couldn't get past it. 

More like she thought she could keep his wandering eye under wraps, and failed miserably at it.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, BBHN said:

More like she thought she could keep his wandering eye under wraps, and failed miserably at it.

Or, like most people, she thought when he chose to make a commitment to her, he would keep his word as most grown ass men do when they get married. Most people realize that when you get married, that you give up catting around, seems that Tom doesn't understand this basic concept which is on him, not Luann. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Naaah. I have a feeling much like with the Count, she was ok with his catting around, as long as he would be discreet about it.

I don't think she was "Ok" with the count/open marriage, I think she put up with it because of their kids (stupid idea/notion IMO though) and I think she hoped that he would come back to her/them after seeing what he was losing. Sadly, many women put up with cheating hoping their spouse sees the error of their ways and comes back to the family, it rarely turns out that way though.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

Supposedly Anna Rothschild:

“They’re very in love,” the friend said about Rothschild, 52, and D’Agostino’s romance. “This is the real thing.”

http://radaronline.com/videos/luann-de-lesseps-divorce-husband-tom-dagostino-engaged-anna-rothschild/

Thanks, I had not seen this. If he didn't put a ring on it in 12 years, I doubt that he put 1 on her now! LOL This sounds a lot like his relationship with Sonja and on AR's FB page, there is an old picture of her with Sonja! lol

• Love 5
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lu called Carole a pedafile [sic] & Carojd forgave,

Bethenny called Lu everything but acnsss murderer & Lu forgave. 

Both woman (C&L) impress me favorably at this point. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, film noire said:

“They’re very in love,” the friend said about Rothschild, 52, and D’Agostino’s romance. “This is the real thing.”

http://radaronline.com/videos/luann-de-lesseps-divorce-husband-tom-dagostino-engaged-anna-rothschild/

Watching the Hurricane(s) is more relaxing than this Tom shit. Disappointing to see this many shallow women.  At least they are  in one place, and not in my life. 

• Love 6

It's a very small world and I wasn't sure where to post this..

Anna Rothschild used to date Tommy Gilbert Jr (hedge fund baby). Tommy is supposed to go to trial soon for killing his father.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2900682/Tommy-Gilbert-s-ex-girlfriend-Anna-Rothschild-says-warned-kill-her.html

Guess who represents Tommy? None other than criminal defense attorney Alex Spiro who is representing Jason Hoppy in the stalking case

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

What, Really? When did this happen and with who? Also, who is this next victim? LOL

Anne Rothschild , never heard of her.It isnt Missy though LOL

57 minutes ago, film noire said:

Tom wouldnt know the real deal , if it bit him in the bum..

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It's a very small world and I wasn't sure where to post this..

Anna Rothschild used to date Tommy Gilbert Jr (hedge fund baby). Tommy is supposed to go to trial soon for killing his father.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2900682/Tommy-Gilbert-s-ex-girlfriend-Anna-Rothschild-says-warned-kill-her.html

Guess who represents Tommy? None other than criminal defense attorney Alex Spiro who is representing Jason Hoppy in the stalking case

Good Lawd! Not only to his upcoming engagement but for his choice. She doesn't seem too bothered. Asswipes. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, BBHN said:

Never mind that BH has it's share of women unlucky in marriages (Camille, Brandi, Yolanda, Kim) withsome NYC HWs still married (Jill, Alex, Heather, Kristen)

Wait, Kristen is still married to that douche???

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Or, like most people, she thought when he chose to make a commitment to her, he would keep his word as most grown ass men do when they get married. Most people realize that when you get married, that you give up catting around, seems that Tom doesn't understand this basic concept which is on him, not Luann. 

MANY people don't think that marriage means you have to give up catting around. The world is full of men (and women) who think they can have their cake and eat it too. He couldn't even make it to the wedding without cheating on her, so I don't know why she'd think the marriage would be any different. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Last I heard. Anyone have any updates?

No, you're right. I was just perusing her Instagram. I guess I just assumed they split after the Ashley Madison scandal. I assumed wrong. 

Sorry, Lu, for hijacking your thread!

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Pull up a chair, I'll even cook some Eggs A La Francaise...

KFB wishes Andy would have a WWHL special with Tom D'Agostino as the guest.

If Tom got some coins he'd be more forthcoming.

Throw in MinZy and Deborah Driggs as the bartenders

That would be EPIC

• Love 12

KFB wishes Andy would have a WWHL special with Tom D'Agostino as the guest.

If Tom got some coins he'd be more forthcoming.

Throw in MinZy and Deborah Driggs as the bartenders

That would be EPIC

SUPER EPIC.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Yes. Yes, I do. 

LOL Something tells me the details would be rather mundane, normalish and nothing very interesting/exciting. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Wait, Kristen is still married to that douche???

MANY people don't think that marriage means you have to give up catting around. The world is full of men (and women) who think they can have their cake and eat it too. He couldn't even make it to the wedding without cheating on her, so I don't know why she'd think the marriage would be any different. 

Well, he seemed to behave himself, after the Regency tonsil hockey match ended, for months.... so I suspect Luann thought that they had a monogamous relationship/marriage. I don't understand why anyone would marry someone if they never intend to give up sleeping with others, especially a 50 year old man, it's not like he married Luann because she was pregnant with their child! LOL

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, BBHN said:

SUPER EPIC.

Didn't Andy do an episode with Crooks from the OC?

I can picture it now, they film it in Tom's outdoor space in the Manhattan apt.

Andy asks the SAME questions he asked Luann.

Tom then gets to plug his newly engaged collection of Bedsheets and his upcoming book I Found My Soulmate

• Love 8
On 9/7/2017 at 7:39 AM, WireWrap said:

I disagree, it made her look like an adult woman that wants to move on. Not everyone, even Bravo HWs, have the need to slam their ex publically.

Nobody said she has to slam him publicly but the way she defended him makes her look pathetic. She acted like if he said he was sorry and wouldn't do it again, she'd run right back to him.  Publicly or not, she didn't tell the truth and looked ridiculous in my opinion. 

• Love 14
On 9/7/2017 at 4:42 PM, Hello Lady said:

Slim, or skeletal? Bumping bones, ouch! LOL

Can we please not bash somebody for being thin?  I'm underweight and hearing shit like this gets really old. If she was fat, nobody would be saying shit like this. I'm so sick of seeing thin people get bashed while "fat shaming" is off limits. Some people are just naturally thin and there's nothing wrong with that. 

We all get that you love Luann and hate Carole but can you please find something else to criticize her over?  When you call her names for being skinny, you're calling me and every other underweight person those same names. Thank you. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Can we please not bash somebody for being thin?  I'm underweight and hearing shit like this gets really old. If she was fat, nobody would be saying shit like this. I'm so sick of seeing thin people get bashed while "fat shaming" is off limits. Some people are just naturally thin and there's nothing wrong with that. 

I agree, I'm thin as well. Perhaps email Carole and tell her to back the hell off Jules!!! Oh yeah, they saw her off  didnt they,bullies!

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Nobody said she has to slam him publicly but the way she defended him makes her look pathetic. She acted like if he said he was sorry and wouldn't do it again, she'd run right back to him.  Publicly or not, she didn't tell the truth and looked ridiculous in my opinion. 

Luann doesn't slam anyone, be it an ex or another HW, she always tries to be a bit diplomatic and I don't ever see that changing. I don't think she would ever go back to Tom, no matter what he told/promised her, she knows for a fact now that he will never change.

5 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

We all get that you love Luann and hate Carole but can you please find something else to criticize her over?  When you call her names for being skinny, you're calling me and every other underweight person those same names. Thank you. 

Go on over to the OC thread and read what people say about Briana's weight or even Shannon's/Vicki's weight, they are not kind at all. People slam these women over their weight, large or small, all the time. 

Also, maybe if Carole hadn't gone on/been nasty about Jules's weight, no one would be commenting on hers. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Hello Lady said:

I agree, I'm thin as well. Perhaps email Carole and tell her to back the hell off Jules!!! Oh yeah, they saw her off  didnt they,bullies!

I don't care about what Carole said to anybody. I was nicely asking if people can find another way to bash or insult Carole that doesn't include "skin and bones" and "skeletal".  I'm not one to insult somebody and then say "she did it first" so I don't understand what you're trying to say. 

Some people are just naturally thin.  I'm not just thin I'm underweight and it gets to a person when they see other underweight people being bashed simply because they are too thin. Thank you. 

@WireWrap, Luan doesn't bash anybody?!  I guess I wasn't aware that calling somebody a pedophile is a compliment. Learn something new every day. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I don't care about what Carole said to anybody. I was nicely asking if people can find another way to bash or insult Carole that doesn't include "skin and bones" and "skeletal".  I'm not one to insult somebody and then say "she did it first" so I don't understand what you're trying to say. 

Some people are just naturally thin.  I'm not just thin I'm underweight and it gets to a person when they see other underweight people being bashed simply because they are too thin. Thank you. 

@WireWrap, Luan doesn't bash anybody?!  I guess I wasn't aware that calling somebody a pedophile is a compliment. Learn something new every day. 

Vicki is fat, I've heard it said over and over. Sorry, these dames are fair game!! I'm not bashing you, I'm bashing Carole

47 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Luann doesn't slam anyone, be it an ex or another HW, she always tries to be a bit diplomatic and I don't ever see that changing. I don't think she would ever go back to Tom, no matter what he told/promised her, she knows for a fact now that he will never change.

But didn't she slam Carole a few seasons ago? Seems like Tom deserved it much more than Carole ever did. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Didn't Andy do an episode with Crooks from the OC?

I can picture it now, they film it in Tom's outdoor space in the Manhattan apt.

Andy asks the SAME questions he asked Luann.

Tom then gets to plug his newly engaged collection of Bedsheets and his upcoming book I Found My Soulmate

Or his line of "Tom's Cookies" jars.

• Love 4