Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E00: One-on-One With Luann de Lesseps

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Go on over to the OC thread and read what people say about Briana's weight or even Shannon's/Vicki's weight, they are not kind at all. People slam these women over their weight, large or small, all the time. 

Or Luann  being called "masculine" or "manly" -- as if a woman (bio or trans) is only a woman if she's under 5'7, has small sloping shoulders, and a Monroe-like hip to bust ratio. Tall girls need not apply.  But it's allowed on the boards, so the only option is rebutting/hitting the ignore button.

1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

I don't care about what Carole said to anybody. I was nicely asking if people can find another way to bash or insult Carole that doesn't include "skin and bones" and "skeletal".  I'm not one to insult somebody and then say "she did it first" so I don't understand what you're trying to say. 

Sorry you're feeling unsettled, Maharincess.

I think the point re: Carole attacking Jules is that some people don't believe in defending Carole from thin-shaming, as she did it herself to another woman. "Live and die by the sword you yourself wield" kind of thing.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

My God, these people should all just have one giant orgy and get it out of their system.

Luann, Tom, Ramona, Missy, Sonja, The Pirate, Anna, Harry...just all get together and fuck the shit out of each other and move on.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

My God, these people should all just have one giant orgy and get it out of their system.

Luann, Tom, Ramona, Missy, Sonja, The Pirate, Anna, Harry...just all get together and fuck the shit out of each other and move on.

Well we have to throw in 3 more: Alex Spiro, Thomas, Jason.

Jason Hoppy/Alex Spiro

bethenny.jpg

Alex Spiro/Thomas Gilbert Jr

248CE00600000578-2903432-image-m-35_1420

Thomas Gilbert Jr/Anna Rothschild

thomas-gilbert.png

Anna Rothschild/Tom D'Agostino

luann-de-lesseps-divorce-tom-d-agostino-

Tom D'Agostino/Luann

Not posting picture - simply go online to find the UNexclusive wedding photos

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I don't care about what Carole said to anybody. I was nicely asking if people can find another way to bash or insult Carole that doesn't include "skin and bones" and "skeletal".  I'm not one to insult somebody and then say "she did it first" so I don't understand what you're trying to say. 

Some people are just naturally thin.  I'm not just thin I'm underweight and it gets to a person when they see other underweight people being bashed simply because they are too thin. Thank you. 

@WireWrap, Luan doesn't bash anybody?!  I guess I wasn't aware that calling somebody a pedophile is a compliment. Learn something new every day. 

Yes, that was 1 time but it was off camera and I was talking about on camera. We have yet to see her get nasty towards someone on camera, including Ramona after she tweeted about Luann's (then minor) daughter's bad behavior. She didn't even get nasty, raise her voice to Bethenny when Bethenny went stark raving mad on her last season in the Berkshires. LOL

I, myself, dislikes making fun of how these women look, their physical looks (barring PS) that is, but they make themselves fair game, especially when they, themselves, do the same thing to other HWs. When they do it, it tends to bring negative comments about themselves from the viewers. 

1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

But didn't she slam Carole a few seasons ago? Seems like Tom deserved it much more than Carole ever did. 

See above. Luann doesn't go low, she tends to go high, at least on camera and for that I am grateful. Too many HWs get into the gutter far to easily IMO. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Guess who else attended Anna's 2010 Christmas Charity event?

Ramona, Harry, Jacques

mahir-furtin-ramona-singer-harry-dubin-a

anna-rothschild-countess-luann-de-lessep

Is Anna the ex-girlfriend Luann refers to in her interview with Andy?

How long is she going to pretend she didn't know any of her "friends" dated him?

Ugh left my glasses at work. Is that a fat Tom?

24 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, that was 1 time but it was off camera and I was talking about on camera. We have yet to see her get nasty towards someone on camera, including Ramona after she tweeted about Luann's (then minor) daughter's bad behavior. She didn't even get nasty, raise her voice to Bethenny when Bethenny went stark raving mad on her last season in the Berkshires. LOL

I, myself, dislikes making fun of how these women look, their physical looks (barring PS) that is, but they make themselves fair game, especially when they, themselves, do the same thing to other HWs. When they do it, it tends to bring negative comments about themselves from the viewers. 

See above. Luann doesn't go low, she tends to go high, at least on camera and for that I am grateful. Too many HWs get into the gutter far to easily IMO. 

Wasn't she nasty to Alex in Morocco?

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, bagger said:

Ugh left my glasses at work. Is that a fat Tom?

No, not really IMO. The worst she did was call Alex's boots, Herman Munster boots. LOL It was Alex that went off on Luann, not the other way around.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, that was 1 time but it was off camera and I was talking about on camera.

Just my opinion, but I don't like either.  I have always hated the way Ramona went after Lu's daughter, and that was done on Twitter. It is one of the biggest reasons I hate Ramona. Makes no difference on camera or off to me. Shitty person, shitty behavior. They should have the balls to say it on the show if they think it. Otherwise their shitty behavior isn't known to everyone and they are cowards. Lu was shitty to Carole regardless of whether it was in front of the camera or not. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Just my opinion, but I don't like either.  I have always hated the way Ramona went after Lu's daughter, and that was done on Twitter. It is one of the biggest reasons I hate Ramona. Makes no difference on camera or off to me. Shitty person, shitty behavior. They should have the balls to say it on the show if they think it. Otherwise their shitty behavior isn't known to everyone and they are cowards. Lu was shitty to Carole regardless of whether it was in front of the camera or not. 

Yes, it was a horrid thing to say but Luann did apologize to Carole, sincerely without Ramona helping her that is, and Carole accepted it. There was a lot of back and forth ugliness between Luann/Carole off camera that season, most of it happening on twitter and I was on Carole's side about most of it, but there were times that Carole crossed the line concerning Luann as well. Not as nasty as calling someone a "pedophile" but still nasty nonetheless, Carole never apologized for her part in that ugliness and should have IMO.

Ramona never apologized to Luann and then used Bryn to hurt Bethenny this season on camera, she will never change. 

• Love 3

Lu's interview with Andy didn't air where I live, but unless I have missed something skimming this thread, Bravo should be upset with Lu about the interview as well. I just read an interview Lu gave to People mag which came out this weekend. She was very specific about Tom's continual going out to meet with ex girlfriends causing a lot of fights. The last straw was:
"He went out with an ex-girlfriend and got caught. We had spent the day at events in the Hamptons and then at a beautiful dinner party. We had friends staying, and it was around 11:30, and we were just hanging out in the kitchen when he announced he was going out on his own. We were all ready to go to bed, but he ended up meeting up with an ex girlfriend. And then the gossip columns called on Sunday to ask me about it. And I had just had enough." 

Good lord, TomCat couldn't even pretend to be a newlywed when they had people staying at the Hamptons with them for the weekend? Seriously? 

Lu also said that he assured her he wasn't cheating. But he told her the reason he was going out with ex-girlfriends was that he just still wanted to live the life of a bachelor: He said "You're not going to change me; this is who I am." and I said "Okay". But that she just became more unhappy. 

WTF WTF WTF??????  Your husband of pretty much no time at all wants to still be a bachelor, and you think he isn't cheating on you? Lu, Lu, Lu. Give me a break. She did say she was thankful to the show as she would never have known about Tom's comment to Missy that he was like a dog with a collar, and that he was choked up seeing Missy. In any case it sounds like the People interview was much more revealing that the interview with Andy. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lu's interview with Andy didn't air where I live, but unless I have missed something skimming this thread, Bravo should be upset with Lu about the interview as well. I just read an interview Lu gave to People mag which came out this weekend. She was very specific about Tom's continual going out to meet with ex girlfriends causing a lot of fights. The last straw was:
"He went out with an ex-girlfriend and got caught. We had spent the day at events in the Hamptons and then at a beautiful dinner party. We had friends staying, and it was around 11:30, and we were just hanging out in the kitchen when he announced he was going out on his own. We were all ready to go to bed, but he ended up meeting up with an ex girlfriend. And then the gossip columns called on Sunday to ask me about it. And I had just had enough." 

Good lord, TomCat couldn't even pretend to be a newlywed when they had people staying at the Hamptons with them for the weekend? Seriously? 

Lu also said that he assured her he wasn't cheating. But he told her the reason he was going out with ex-girlfriends was that he just still wanted to live the life of a bachelor: He said "You're not going to change me; this is who I am." and I said "Okay". But that she just became more unhappy. 

WTF WTF WTF??????  Your husband of pretty much no time at all wants to still be a bachelor, and you think he isn't cheating on you? Lu, Lu, Lu. Give me a break. She did say she was thankful to the show as she would never have known about Tom's comment to Missy that he was like a dog with a collar, and that he was choked up seeing Missy. In any case it sounds like the People interview was much more revealing that the interview with Andy. 

Are you kidding me?

Andy should fire Luann on principle.  The interview she gave to People Magazine was MUCH more interesting and telling than her what she told Andy. She should not get away with fucking over her bosses that way.  First she cuts them out of things during the reunion, then she holds back during her one-on-one interview? Oh hell no. 

I mean everyone knows I hate Andy Cohen and think he exploits the women on these shows, but they sign up for it ... they owe Bravo something for making them famous.  Screw Luann.  Let her go make a living giving People Magazine the "real scoop" after she is no longer on the show.

Of course nobody will be interested in her then.  Oh well.  

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lu also said that he assured her he wasn't cheating. But he told her the reason he was going out with ex-girlfriends was that he just still wanted to live the life of a bachelor. He said "You're not going to change me; this is who I am." and I said "Okay". But that she just became more unhappy. 

Thank you for posting this, usernamefatigue. Geez, Bravo should be REALLY pissed. I have written this so many times: Lu is really stupid. 

I can't believe he announced he was going out in front of their guests. Why did he marry her?!?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can't believe he announced he was going out in front of their guests. Why did he marry her?!?

And she waited until the next day when the press contacted her to decide it was over.  Not the night he walked out on her and guests to go tomcatting around the city.  

oh Luann ...  just when I think you can't be more pathetic ... eesh!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Are you kidding me?

Andy should fire Luann on principle.  The interview she gave to People Magazine was MUCH more interesting and telling than her what she told Andy. She should not get away with fucking over her bosses that way.  First she cuts them out of things during the reunion, then she holds back during her one-on-one interview? Oh hell no. 

I mean everyone knows I hate Andy Cohen and think he exploits the women on these shows, but they sign up for it ... they owe Bravo something for making them famous.  Screw Luann.  Let her go make a living giving People Magazine the "real scoop" after she is no longer on the show.

Of course nobody will be interested in her then.  Oh well.  

We have no idea how in depth Luann got in her interview with Andy-he is more interested in Scott Dissick.  Bottom line People and Bravo very close.  Luann gave the pertinent facts-it is on Andy for not going deeper.  I can only speak for myself although a polite interview, Andy is not famous for substance.  I don't see how there is some wide divergence in the stories.  An interviewer needs ask details.  Andy just seems to gloss over them.

Luann can choose to share the details of her life/divorce with anyone she chooses.  Quite frankly, I am more interested in Tom and this new women who he has become engaged to.  He sounds a little unhinged.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

We have no idea how in depth Luann got in her interview with Andy-he is more interested in Scott Dissick.  Bottom line People and Bravo very close.  Luann gave the pertinent facts-it is on Andy for not going deeper.  I can only speak for myself although a polite interview, Andy is not famous for substance.  I don't see how there is some wide divergence in the stories.  An interviewer needs ask details.  Andy just seems to gloss over them.

I don't agree.  Andy asked Luann a wide open question and it was her choice how to answer it. 

Andy Cohen sucks as an interviewer, I agree.  But I don't put this on him.  Or on Bravo editing.  I think they would have been more than happy to share any tea Luann was willing to spill.  She held back.  That's on HER.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

If the Anna Rothschild story is true, should we predict how soon they break off the engagement, or how many months/weeks the marriage will last?

I vote for a Tom thread.  It appears his "entertainment" has a long and interesting life. He is making Sonia and Ramona look sane.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

In the interview with Andy, she did talk about this but she didn't go into a lot of detail and of course, Andy didn't ask any more questions concerning it either. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bagger said:

Yes and about much more than the shoes. In one of her Supreme Bitch THs, Lu mocked Alex's attire for the camel excursion (just typing that makes me roll my eyes at the level of pettiness); then she scolded Alex for allegedly being "late" to dinner. She ranted that it wasn't a hotel and the main course was over and Alex said her salad would be fine. This caused Lady Etiquette to spew some more -- such an unpleasant blister of a woman, our Lu -- prompting weirdo Kelly to take Alex by the arm, pull her from her chair and practically propel her from the dining room. Lu then raged at Moaner for being late. Too bad we don't have the vid because, curiously, Sonja entered the dining room with Moaner and then turned and scurried  off. There's only a glimpse of her but it looks like she escaped the Wrath of the Shrew.

Happily, it all evened out at the reunion, which, I'm pretty sure, is the only one where Lu has been seated directly next to Andy. Alex was composed and articulate and looked great (hair, dress, it all worked). In laughable contrast, Lu came across as pompous and sour and was unable to smile naturally -- the best she could do was contort her puss into an exceedingly unflattering grimace. Just a guess but she'd probably gone for a Botox touch up pre-reunion, which hadn't settled.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't agree.  Andy asked Luann a wide open question and it was her choice how to answer it. 

Andy Cohen sucks as an interviewer, I agree.  But I don't put this on him.  Or on Bravo editing.  I think they would have been more than happy to share any tea Luann was willing to spill.  She held back.  That's on HER.

I have watched Andy Cohen for ten plus years at Reunions and he is not one to have a follow up question.  My impression, and it is totally Andy's right to protect the franchise, is he is more worried asking questions about the other women and how they feel.  He got what he needed as to time and place and the straw that broke the back of Luann.

Bottom line all Luann did was give more detail.  She gave us the gist of why she and Tom split.  Interviewers need to extract details -if it is important to them.  Andy knows Luann is a cash cow for Bravo.  Many seem to think Andy dislikes her and it just isn't so-she brings in ratings.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, SCS said:

Yes and about much more than the shoes. In one of her Supreme Bitch THs, Lu mocked Alex's attire for the camel excursion (just typing that makes me roll my eyes at the level of pettiness); then she scolded Alex for allegedly being "late" to dinner. She ranted that it wasn't a hotel and the main course was over and Alex said her salad would be fine. This caused Lady Etiquette to spew some more -- such an unpleasant blister of a woman, our Lu -- prompting weirdo Kelly to take Alex by the arm, pull her from her chair and practically propel her from the dining room. Lu then raged at Moaner for being late. Too bad we don't have the vid because, curiously, Sonja entered the dining room with Moaner and then turned and scurried  off. There's only a glimpse of her but it looks like she escaped the Wrath of the Shrew.

Happily, it all evened out at the reunion, which, I'm pretty sure, is the only one where Lu has been seated directly next to Andy. Alex was composed and articulate and looked great (hair, dress, it all worked). In laughable contrast, Lu came across as pompous and sour and was unable to smile naturally -- the best she could do was contort her puss into an exceedingly unflattering grimace. Just a guess but she'd probably gone for a Botox touch up pre-reunion, which hadn't settled.

Luann never raised her voice nor did she swear at anyone in Morocco. Did she use the Countess voice, Yes she did but she didn't rant or rage at any of them. Oh, and they all talk trash about each other in their THs. 

• Love 7

Okay, finally watching the special now via OnDemand---and once again I'm left mainly wondering what is it that these chicks see in that old bald horndog Tom?! I don't care how many upscale properties he supposedly owns and how much money/clout he supposedly has, the dude looks skeevy and acts even skeevier. He was disrespectful as Hell to Lu onscreen and made her look like a pathetic buffoon. 

Are Upper East Side broads seriously this desperate for dick?! Ugh...beyond a fat wallet and maybe some insanely special oral talents, I cannot fathom what makes that Uncle Fester-looking creep so hot to trot with the over-40 monied Manhattan matrons.

And although I do appreciate how Luann is keeping it classy and refuses to slam Tom onscreen, I wish she'd nut up and be real with Andy and the viewing audience already. Why can't she just say that she had no business marrying a commitment-phobic womanizer? Why can't she warn other women about his creepy ways??

She fell in love with the glamorous love story she built up for herself in her head. She charmed a middle-aged bachelor enough for him to toss her a hasty marriage proposal and a big wedding. She lost a game she'd smugly thought she'd won. 

On the flipside, I think Lu looked just fabulous on this special---slim, sleek and composed. Truly a classy dame all around. Hope she finally finds the right guy who treats her with the love, respect and commitment she deserves---try as I may, I just can't quit The Countess.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Luann never raised her voice nor did she swear at anyone in Morocco. Did she use the Countess voice, Yes she did but she didn't rant or rage at any of them. Oh, and they all talk trash about each other in their THs. 

I never said she raised her voice or swore at anyone. I think "rant" is a splendid way to describe Lu's method of delivery in the dining room. And her Countess voice? Makes her sound like an asshole.

Maybe I should say "...made her sound like an asshole" -- because that precious happymaker has come. And gone.

Edited by SCS
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, SCS said:

I never said she raised her voice or swore at anyone. I think "rant" is a splendid way to describe Lu's method of delivery in the dining room. And her Countess voice? Makes her sound like an asshole.

Maybe I should say "...made her sound like an asshole" -- because that precious happymaker has come. And gone.

Alex wasn't late to dinner-it was Sonja and Ramona.  As much as I liked Alex she was utterly ridiculous with her hyperventilating and refusing to sit down when she interrupted the other ladies spa moment.  It ultimately cost her the job.  No one took her seriously because she was a barnacle on others' storylines.  

Luann making those comments had far more to do with there being a filming schedule.  Sonja and Ramona were ordering up salads after sneaking out.  Much ado about nothing.  As usual Sonja and Ramona were rude and self absorbed.

• Love 5

I think my favorite part of the one on one interview was Andy's intro when he said the Tom/Lu divorce news sent shockwaves around the world. That comment just made me laugh. I do not think many people were shocked by the divorce news. It was just a matter of when it would happen.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, SCS said:

I would have said that she lectured Alex, not ranted at her. Bethenny rants but the Countess lectured others. LOL I agree, I am glad the "Countess" voice is gone, she has been much more relaxed for years.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Alex wasn't late to dinner 

I agree Alex wasn't late to din but it didn't stop Lu from blathering on that she was. Lu created an issue where none existed and made herself look like a fool with all the pearl clutching.

24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann making those comments had far more to do with there being a filming schedule.  

Ahhhh, so Lu was worried about the schedule!  Mmmm, I think not. That's not her responsibility and, I imagine, a HW getting involved in that element of filming would most likely be unneeded. And unwelcome. Producers, camera people and so on tend to be less than receptive to the "talent" getting involved in the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Edited by SCS
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, SCS said:

I agree Alex wasn't late to din but it didn't stop Lu from blathering on that she was. Lu created an issue where none existed and made herself look like a fool for all the unneeded pearl clutching. 

Ahhhh, so Lu was worried about the schedule!  Mmmm, I think not. That's not her responsibility and, I imagine, a HW getting involved in that element of filming would most likely be unneeded. And unwelcome. Producers, camera people and so on tend to be less than receptive to the "talent" getting involved in the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Well, Alex came charging in, Alex was the aggressor and got a lecture for it. LOL

They are all given a film schedule, that includes tripe/activities for each HW, including meals that are filmed and the producers did/still do encourage the others to hold any slackers feet to the fire when they are late or absent especially on the big trips. 

• Love 2

Just in Morocco?

Makes no difference on camera or off to me. Shitty person, shitty behavior. They should have the balls to say it on the show if they think it. Otherwise their shitty behavior isn't known to everyone and they are cowards. Lu was shitty to Carole regardless of whether it was in front of the camera or not. 

Yup.

I get the impression Lu is much more loyal to men than to women. 

Could be.

Geez, Bravo should be REALLY pissed. I have written this so many times: Lu is really stupid. 

You'd think she would have kept some of those juicy tidbits for Bravo and Andy.

such an unpleasant blister of a woman, our Lu

Luann can be an extremely passive-aggressive snob of a bitch.

I do not think many people were shocked by the divorce news. It was just a matter of when it would happen.

Yeah, the shocking part was that it didn't even last a year!

You said it.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Well, Alex came charging in, Alex was the aggressor and got a lecture for it. LOL

Perceptions. What you call "charging in", I call came in-- to dinner for which she was accused of being late.

When you say  "aggressor." I must reply that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about since there was nothing aggressive about Alex entering the dining room. Pretty sure she came in with a smile on her face.

When you say "lecture", I say yes, indeed, an unneeded lecture from a woman who's inflated sense of her own importance is and will always be in equal parts laughable and pathetic.

LOL

Edited by SCS
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Are you kidding me?

ARE you kidding me? Are YOU kidding me? Are you KIDDING me? Are you kidding ME?

There, fixed that for you. (TM Ramona Singer). 

I just played the snippet of Andy's interview posted on this thread, and he does ask if there was a 'last straw'. The exact same question People asked: "What was the last straw for you?"  in the excerpt that I posted where Lu gave explicit details about Tom leaving their home - with company staying there for the weekend no less - at 11:30 at night to meet up with a girlfriend. 

Lu also said in that interview that because he had all these years to marry someone and didn't, and then chose her at 50 that she thought  he would change. But since he was cheating on her from the start, it doesn't explain why she went through with the wedding. What I still don't get is why he married Lu. And why in the world he is engaged again? Seriously? Who in their right mind would agree to marry TomCat the first time, let alone several months into his first marriage/pending divorce? Is this the woman he wanted all along, and did he marry Lu to make her jealous? Why would anyone want this POS? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

I think my favorite part of the one on one interview was Andy's intro when he said the Tom/Lu divorce news sent shockwaves around the world. That comment just made me laugh. 

Oh please, I HOWLED. Like I was raised by  wolves!

The divorce of Charles and Di sent shockwaves around the world (maybe).

Lu and Tom?  Sent the shockwaves a butterfly makes when it takes a piss in the ocean.  What a joke.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Exactly.  I actually think worse of the person that plays a Countess-like person on TV but then lets it all loose when off camera. That to me says that she knows she is a shitty person and it wouldn't play well so she will play the good little role when the cameras are on but let all hell loose when off. Nope. I don't like duplicitous people. 

3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

See, and let's link it back to the WWHL interview. Andy specifically asked her if Tom cheated on her and she vehemently denied it and said that she knew FOR A FACT that Tom did not cheat on her. Yet here we have her admitting that he went out with an ex-girlfriend.  She said in the interview that he went out with some exes (I believe she used the plural) and she didn't know about it. This one was singular. So, how does she know FOR A FACT that Tom didn't cheat on her?  One, I would call going out with an ex without my knowledge cheating. He was hiding it.  He was cheating. Maybe she considers cheating as performing a sexual act.  Ok, but how does she know they didn't have sex?  Unless she had surveillance on him, she doesn't know. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

They do all talk trash. Luann might not swear but her voice dripping with condescension is a lot worse. She's getting better but the way she has looked down on people over the years had made her one of the more unlikeable members of New York.

All I remember about Luann and Alex is Luann making a big deal about having to go to brooklyn and sneering about the idea of actually living there.  Alex sold that house for more than 2.5 million dollars. How much is Luanne's NYC home worth?  Oh, right, she doesn't have one. She has a vacation house in a town that empties out for 9 months of the year. 

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Exactly.  I actually think worse of the person that plays a Countess-like person on TV but then lets it all loose when off camera. That to me says that she knows she is a shitty person and it wouldn't play well so she will play the good little role when the cameras are on but let all hell loose when off. Nope. I don't like duplicitous people. 

See, and let's link it back to the WWHL interview. Andy specifically asked her if Tom cheated on her and she vehemently denied it and said that she knew FOR A FACT that Tom did not cheat on her. Yet here we have her admitting that he went out with an ex-girlfriend.  She said in the interview that he went out with some exes (I believe she used the plural) and she didn't know about it. This one was singular. So, how does she know FOR A FACT that Tom didn't cheat on her?  One, I would call going out with an ex without my knowledge cheating. He was hiding it.  He was cheating. Maybe she considers cheating as performing a sexual act.  Ok, but how does she know they didn't have sex?  Unless she had surveillance on him, she doesn't know. 

In the People interview Luann is quite clear - she does not consider Tom going out with exes as cheating. (Ugh!) They asked specifically if she thought he was cheating on her, and she said that he assured her he wasn't and that she hoped that was the case. They asked then why he was going out with ex girlfriends and she said that he still wanted to live the life of a bachelor, and that he told her (as I posted previously) "You're not going to change me; this is who I am". And that she answered "Okay". Seriously!!!

I have no idea why Lu would think that Tom would leave her home and their guests at 11:30 at night to hook up with an ex if he wasn't cheating on her, as in having sex. He had sex as a bachelor, and wanted to continue to live like one. So why would he now be 'celibate' but still TomCatting around? Of course the obvious answer is he would not.

Oh, Lu also said Tom is not a bad man (again, seriously!), he just wasn't ready for marriage. I wonder what she thinks about his (supposed) newest engagement? That he is ready now? Sheesh. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, UsernameFatigue said:

In the People interview Luann is quite clear - she does not consider Tom going out with exes as cheating. They asked specifically if she thought he was cheating on her, and she said that he assured her he wasn't and that she hoped that was the case. They asked then why he was going out with ex girlfriends and she said that he still wanted to live the life of a bachelor, and that he told her (as I posted previously) "You're not going to change me; this is who I am". And that she answered "Okay". Seriously!!!

I have no idea why Lu would think that Tom would leave her home and their guests at 11:30 at night to hook up with an ex if he wasn't cheating on her, as in having sex. He had sex as a bachelor, and wanted to continue to live like one. So why would he now be 'celibate' but still TomCatting around? Of course the obvious answer is he would not. 

Oh, Lu also said Tom is not a bad man (seriously!), he just wasn't ready for marriage. I wonder what she thinks about his (supposed) newest engagement? That he is ready now? Sheesh. 

This whole thing just makes Lu look like a doormat and that makes me sad. It just makes her look like she was so desperate to be in a relationship/marriage that she settled for this dolt and then hung on tight despite all the evidence that he was a shmuck. I would have much preferred Empowered Lu who just walked away at the first sign of infidelity and said that she didn't need a man and certainly not that one. 

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

This whole thing just makes Lu look like a doormat and that makes me sad. It just makes her look like she was so desperate to be in a relationship/marriage that she settled for this dolt and then hung on tight despite all the evidence that he was a shmuck. I would have much preferred Empowered Lu who just walked away at the first sign of infidelity and said that she didn't need a man and certainly not that one. 

I wish the interview that is in print in People was online so I could post a link but it doesn't appear to be, at least in the depth that it is in print. Since the announcement of the divorce, Lu has claimed that they just weren't getting along. Many of us thought that they were not getting along because he was Tomcatting around, but she would not admit it. I was shocked that she finally has. But seems to still have her head in the clouds. When asked if she still loves him, she says "I do love him as a person, yes. But it's like a Greek tragedy - an impossible scenario that won't work."

Ya Lu, it didn't work because TomCat had no respect for you, and no respect for the institution of marriage.  She is still trying to paint it as some great love story that just didn't work out. She still loves him as a person? Sheesh, how low can her standards get? 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Lemons said:

They do all talk trash. Luann might not swear but her voice dripping with condescension is a lot worse. She's getting better but the way she has looked down on people over the years had made her one of the more unlikeable members of New York.

All I remember about Luann and Alex is Luann making a big deal about having to go to brooklyn and sneering about the idea of actually living there.  Alex sold that house for more than 2.5 million dollars. How much is Luanne's NYC home worth?  Oh, right, she doesn't have one. She has a vacation house in a town that empties out for 9 months of the year. 

It was Ramona that made the big deal about Brooklyn , not Luann. LOL Oh, and Ramona still acts that way about anywhere outside of the UES. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It is totally on her. I think I read on here that she gets paid by People as some type of consultant? Does anyone know if this is true? If so, seems strange that People would go in harder on her than Andy would. I think they both asked the right questions, and for whatever reason, she gave People more info than she did her real employer. But it might just be Luann being Luann. Taking the temperature slowly over time and deciding which truth to reveal when it suited her needs. Hasn't she changed her story on the Count and their open/not open marriage many times depending on the circumstances? Sometimes it was an open marriage, sometimes they had been separated and she wasn't ready to be open about it. 

• Love 8

Luann told Alex to crawl back into the closet or cupboard she came from too during the argument.

At least it wasn't her 99% of the time passive aggressive self who has been present since day one.

I also remember her "This is Morocco !!!"  statement at the dinner, like they were dining in the Oval Office.

Bethenny has had her number since day one, so did Cat from RHofDC.   She took her down on WWHL.   

This whole Tom debacle just cements what a dolt she is.

• Love 15

Ha!  She has to save some tea for the book.  Don't blame her one bit for keeping details to herself (until someone offers to pay for them).

Is the radaronline article legit?  Surprised it hasn't been picked up elsewhere if it's actually true.

2 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

It is totally on her. I think I read on here that she gets paid by People as some type of consultant? Does anyone know if this is true? If so, seems strange that People would go in harder on her than Andy would. I think they both asked the right questions, and for whatever reason, she gave People more info than she did her real employer. But it might just be Luann being Luann. Taking the temperature slowly over time and deciding which truth to reveal when it suited her needs. Hasn't she changed her story on the Count and their open/not open marriage many times depending on the circumstances? Sometimes it was an open marriage, sometimes they had been separated and she wasn't ready to be open about it. 

Andy interviewed Luann about three weeks ago and she really hasn't abandoned her no bashing Tom stance.  When reads the statement all she really did is say they had been enjoying an evening together and he decided to go out.  It was in a day or so following she found out who he was with.  All the People story added was essentially they had been dining together.  Luann has given us the bones of the argument.  I don't get why it is a big deal.  I haven't read the People article but did they go in depth about the other RH and their feelings about the situation?  Andy seemed to put as much effort into his interview about them as he did Luann and Tom. If I were to guess I do believe as the days have passed and Tom is very publicly "living it up" Luann's tongue is loosening.

Bravo likes it when then RH get publicity in People or any of the news shows.  They are always identified as RH.  Many of the TV shows run clips from the show when they do stories about them.  Bravo doesn't have an exclusive on the RH-they are merely talent, not employees of Bravo.   

• Love 1

It does seem like she is being very calculating, with regards to what she is saying, and to whom...

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

If I were to guess I do believe as the days have passed and Tom is very publicly "living it up" Luann's tongue is loosening.

I wonder if Luann is surprised by this? I would think that since he basically continued to date during their marriage, that it would hardly come as a big shock that he continues to look for love in all the wrong places after the marriage ended. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

I wonder if Luann is surprised by this? I would think that since he basically continued to date during their marriage, that it would hardly come as a big shock that he continues to look for love in all the wrong places after the marriage ended. 

As the days pass, I am becoming more and more suspicious of Tom and his ladies.  It seems to me they want publicity.  This started way back when his assistant "leaked" the story to Page Six  about Tom dating Ramona.  Post separation from Luann you would think he would be a little more covert about his dating habits.

I do believe Luann honestly felt like she had cordial relationships with her exes-Courte, Alex, Jacques and Harry and she comported herself appropriately friendly not stepping out with them on the down low.  Tom, is coming off as some wanna be Hugh Hefner.  I question why these former girlfriends want to speak to him.  He isn't particularly witty, nor is he wildly rich, he has shown he is totally insincere and untruthful-why are they jumping on the Tom train?  They are either wanna be RH or are really thirsty for publicity.  The publicity they garner is not the good kind.  Even if they don't respect Luann or loathe her, they should at least respect the fact there was a marriage.  Who meets a married, ex boyfriend at midnight?  Was Tom perhaps saying Luann would be with him?  I totally get that Tom is the one who took the vows but have some pride ladies-don't be complicit in the dolt's idiocy.  

Ramona may have a very long list of new on camera friends to shove under Luann's nose next season.  I am sure she is working overtime getting close to them.  

• Love 8