Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E00: One-on-One With Luann de Lesseps

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Interesting about Carole not reaching out to her. I think that Lu is truly hurt by that.

Maybe she'll send her a three-page letter.

I do think Carole has empathy, but maybe she feels she's the last person LuAnn wants to hear from. There was no love lost between them after last season, and it waa Carole that Barbara spoke to while on camera. Carole rarely blogged this season, but I remember her really holding LuAnn's feet to the fire that week.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

Maybe she'll send her a three-page letter.

I do think Carole has empathy, but maybe she feels she's the last person LuAnn wants to hear from. There was no love lost between them after last season, and it waa Carole that Barbara spoke to while on camera. Carole rarely blogged this season, but I remember her really holding LuAnn's feet to the fire that week.

Carole's busy,bed now and then  with Adam, cats climbing up drapes and ruining furniture. What a life .zzzz

Edited by Hello Lady
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hello Lady said:

Carole's busy,bed now and then  with Adam, cats climbing up drapes and ruining furniture. What a life .zzzz

She broke up with Adam.

I am not quite sure if you are implying Caroles bed is busy as in she sleeps around a lot?

That is Luann who does that, not Carole.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

No dahling, people fly her out to be at the opening of their restaurants, not do something as mundane as cooking.

I can't find anything about that at all..why would they? She's totally boring

3 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

She broke up with Adam.

I am not quite sure if you are implying Caroles bed is busy as in she sleeps around a lot?

That is Luann who does that, not Carole.

I thought she still had a bopping good time withAdam, said in May they were together...

Lu doesn't sleep around, that's Sonja..

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

She called Carole a pedophile. I wouldn't be calling her either.

The others who contacted her were being kind, because Luann definitely was an asshole to all of them when they were trying to warn her.

She was an asshole about the whole thing from beginning to end.

Tisnley and her eyebrows are wondering why she failed to get a mention. Is Luann still pissed off about Palm Beach vs West Palm Beach? You'd think they could bond while sharing a bush during stake out time

zr24xmk.gif

• Love 13

I am sure Luann is still pissed about Tinsley pointing out the difference between Pum and West Pum

After all, Luann only cared Tum got caught kissing a woman, not that he did it.

Her values or lack thereof are a bit different than most.

She would probably still be married to the Count if he hadn't dumped her.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Ellee said:

th?id=OIP.PWLsxBf39jUxuMxCf9JCtwEsDH&w=2

In other unrelated news ....  JillZ mentioned that she has a meeting set up with Andy Cohen to discuss a storyline idea that came to her as she was watching the RHONY reunion. 

Oh Jill, just go away already!!!  ???

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Oh Jill, just go away already!!!  ???

giggling .... my entire post was a load of b.s. (though one never really knows about Jill).  The pic is of Jill wearing the outfit from WWHL when she taped her entire interview with Andy.   I can't remember all the details but I'm sure someone will.     Sonja within walking distance of Page 6, Ramona with all her intel on her phone, and Jill with her tape recording necklace.   True friends of Lu doing what they do best.   :D

• Love 4
Just now, Ellee said:

giggling .... my entire post was a load of b.s. (though one never really knows about Jill).  The pic is of Jill wearing the outfit from WWHL when she taped her entire interview with Andy.   I can't remember all the details but I'm sure someone will.     Sonja within walking distance of Page 6, Ramona with all her intel on her phone, and Jill with her tape recording necklace.   True friends of Lu doing what they do best.   :D

Thank God~~!!  ?

• Love 3

She broke up with Adam.

...and didn't even get a one-on-one interview. Andy must be pissed at her.

I can't find anything about that at all..why would they?

Especially if they've ever seen her eat.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I wonder if Bravo pressured her to do this special, angry that she withheld the divorce info during the reunion. Telling her that if she didn't do the special her appearance on the series might be affected.

Also, she probably protected Tom because she's afraid of retaliation.

I thought she looked great. The lighting was very harsh and her makeup was too dry and heavy.

Or she is just waiting until the divorce is final.  I still need to watch but really how hard could writing the book be?  Hire a ghostwriter, jot down a bunch of platitudes, give some countess quips, voila, book is done.  And honestly, what could she really say that is of interest?  She isn't going to be truthful, we saw with our own eyes he is a worm, and she was married for 30 seconds.  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Or she is just waiting until the divorce is final.  I still need to watch but really how hard could writing the book be?  Hire a ghostwriter, jot down a bunch of platitudes, give some countess quips, voila, book is done.  And honestly, what could she really say that is of interest?  She isn't going to be truthful, we saw with our own eyes he is a worm, and she was married for 30 seconds.  

I figure she's not saying much til the divorce is finalized.  I wonder if mentioning the book is a way of angling for a publisher?  I like Lu, but I don't imagine there are any publishers looking at RH or page 6, learning of the divorce, and immediately pitching a book to her.

Edited by Mrs peel
Anglo g and angling are not the same
  • Love 3

Why would he be? She didn't base her entire story on a relationship, and seemed to be pretty honest about that relationship.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

I can't find anything about that at all..why would they? She's totally boring

I thought she still had a bopping good time withAdam, said in May they were together...

Lu doesn't sleep around, that's Sonja..

Um yeah she does.  Sonja just gets her sloppy seconds,  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Um yeah she does.  Sonja just gets her sloppy seconds,  

Sonja is sloppy, full stop. At least Lu doesn't have to hire anyone* cough* Frenchie...men like Lu, it's a fact. Plus she's not all skin and bones like Carole.

20 minutes ago, jaync said:

Especially if they've ever seen her eat.

LOL! Exactly! 

• Love 3

oops

9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Wouldn't Tom have been sloppy seconds for Luann? Didn't Sonja fuck him first?

Dogasstino is every woman's sloppy seconds in the Upper East Side

Edited by Jezebel97
wrong quote
  • Love 14

Sonja is sloppy, full stop. At least Lu doesn't have to hire anyone* cough* Frenchie...men like Lu, it's a fact. Plus she's not all skin and bones like Carole.

Luann is only sloppy around pirates and married men.

Some guys prefer a more slim body like Carole's, Others prefer a more manly physique like Luann's. To each their own.

Dogasstino is every woman's sloppy seconds in the Upper East Side

Lol!

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

we-got-the-yacht-the-countess-rhony.gif?

There was a dingy (besides Luann) at the dock - does it belong to Luann or Tom?

Neither. It belongs to one of the extras who was hired to make the party look well attended, and whose day job is Buccaneer #3 on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Orlando

• Love 5
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, I actually enjoyed the interview.  I don't know what people expected her to say.  She made a mistake.  She ate crow.  Was she supposed to grovel too? 

I liked that the interview was done at her home in the Hamptons.  It actually was one of Andy's better interviews.  And yeah, Lu didn't look great.  Who would?

Lu will recover.  She just does.  There are many things I can't stand about Lu but she is a survivor and she's very good at making Lemonade out of lemons.   

I thought it was a good interview.  It was a pretty single topic interview and I thought parties handled it well.  Most couples when recounting their arguments come off as sounding petty so details being spared worked with this one.

I took away from it that Luann, maybe for the first time in her life, now knows it is okay to not tolerate a man hurting her feelings. Her feelings matter. I am glad she listened to Bethenny of all people about the things Tom said were hurtful.  Luann can be both hurt and humiliated.  They are pretty close to the same emotion.   I cannot dislike someone who really enjoys being happy.  It was interesting because Luann seemed to share that it was only the last two months of her relationship that things began to falter.  I was disappointed she bought into Tom's line they rushed in or needed more time.  I don't think monogamy is something you work towards.  It is a given that once you commit you are monogamous.   It is not like quitting smoking or drinking where one can slowly quit.  It is pretty much a cold turkey thing and Tom was given a pass for his first slip. I have no idea who Tom's Lonely Hearts Club consists of-and I am guessing there are not a lot of men in it.  He just seems so sophomoric almost like-"oh Archie is in town let's round up Jughead, Betty and Veronica and hang out at the malt shop."  Just grow up.  

I thought Luann looked good-given the circumstances.  

Most of all next time around it can't just be about falling in love or being in love, she needs to actually like the person.  

• Love 20
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree, it made her look like an adult woman that wants to move on. Not everyone, even Bravo HWs, have the need to slam their ex publically.

and no need to stir up resentments when the state has yet to stamp those papers as final. B could have saved herself a lot of cash and drama if she would have handled it more this way but she'll probably just make fun of Lu.

• Love 15

Son of a bish!  I forgot this was on last night.  I hope it's available On Demand. 

I don't fault Lu one bit for not saying jack at the reunion.  I wouldn't have either.  It would have given too much glee to certain Hos.  That said, I do recall Lu saying a comment to the effect that she spent the night before the reunion at a hotel.  I believe her there.  It's been stated on other Ho shows that the women don't necessarily see all of certain episodes for their THs and I think Lu probably didn't see Tom un-mic-ing in order to sweet talk Missy until just before the reunion, which precipitated her leaving for a hotel.  So yeah, I can believe that she hadn't yet filed for divorce or firmly planned to at the time of the reunion.  Even with a prenup, even with attorneys, you can still file relatively quickly.  You can always amend your complaint to ask for more things after filing. 

I don't know what people expected her to say.  She made a mistake.  She ate crow.  Was she supposed to grovel too? 

I agree, @breezy424.  I'm not sure what is expected from Lu.  If she did grovel and cry, would people somehow feel vindicated or something? 

She made a mistake.  It's not easy to admit you chose the wrong partner, especially when your friends/acquaintances warned you about him beforehand.  Been there, it sucks.  I've also been with someone who cheated; also not an easy thing to discuss.  Maybe she doesn't want to discuss it, maybe she agreed not to air all of their dirty laundry.  Who knows?  We aren't privy to everything that went on behind closed doors at The Penthouse.  

She obviously wanted to get married again and I think she loved Tom and was, at the least, infatuated with him.  I'm not sure why he agreed to marry, since it appears that he was not into the marriage from pretty early on.  For that reason, I feel sorry for Luann.  I'm not going to fault her for being giddy and talking nonstop about her wedding because, well, a lot of people do.  They're happy, they're excited and that's their focus.   It would be no different than Carole talking about her book, if she were writing, Bethenny talking about her problems with Jason, if she chose to, Dorinda talking about Richard, Tinsley talking about her ex or Sonja talking about her sex life.  Despite Tom being a major douchebag, I really don't understand why people were so put out by Lu being excited about her wedding.

Of course I also like Lu better than any of the other NY housewives and she's the one I would choose to take a vacay with if I had to pick one of them so maybe I'm biased. 

• Love 17
58 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Maybe it was rented, like the yacht?

Was the yacht even rented?  I thought someone just took pity on Tom and loaned him the use of it for one night.

Actually, thinking about it, it's unlikely Tom actually knows someone with a yacht so he probably did have to rent it.   But apparently all he could afford was to use it as a party space while docked.  I guess it would have cost too much to actually take it out into the water. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Good on Lu for sitting down with Andy.

Good on Lu for keeping it classy and not airing her dirty laundry.

She owes no one any extra details.

I agree! And if ya don't like Lu, too bad.:) 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Luann is only sloppy around pirates and married men.

Some guys prefer a more slim body like Carole's, Others prefer a more manly physique like Luann's. To each their own.

Slim, or skeletal? Bumping bones, ouch! LOL

• Love 2