Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Finals

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, sATL said:

Agree. She got out danced. I just hate that she had to give up being on TN-Titans.  Brianna seemed to also be a little down with her cardio training. Her stamina was a getting low in semi's . Maybe she was coming off an injury. I too hope she uses this past audition season as a dress rehearsal and maybe try out for the Ice Angels ( I think that is where Vivian went to) or the Mavericks. and keep up her dance training - like high kicks.

Her body type was also maybe too heavy for the uniform.  I was surprised none of the judges said anything about it.  But they probably wrote it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But you guys, Jenn told the vets that there was a lot of diversity in the TCCs this year: "There are blondes who are good dancers! There are brunettes who are good dancers! There are redheads who are good dancers!"

If you want to see a dance team with diversity and dance technique (as in center split leaps, turning split leaps, etc. in their routines), check out the LA Clippers Dance Squad show that was on E! last year. In addition to the usual blondes, brunettes, and redheads, their team had dancers of different races/ethnicities so their team photo wasn't like oh, hey, there's the one Asian girl and the one Black girl!

Loved that show. I wish it would come on for another season. 

• Love 1

Dayton just needs to take a page from Kelsey and study study study for her interview next year. She was woefully unprepared. 

I admit to being ignorant on specific people within the administration. I know who Sean Spicer is.... but couldn't really name any other cabinet members. Well, I could've named Secretary of Defense. I've pretty much stuck my head in the sand because the world has become such an ugly place.... just in general, not just because of politics. I just can't deal right now. I know, I'm terrible. However, I'm not preparing for a panel interview. If I was, I would've known all of the major cabinet members and watched and read the news like crazy before auditions. 

The girl who didn't know Roger Staubach killed me dead. They ask ring of honor or favorite past and present Cowboys player EVERY FREAKING YEAR. Stupid! 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 3

I think Tasha not knowing who Sean Spicer is was about 1/100th as bad as Kalyssa not being able to name the First Lady, then backtracking saying she didn't know who the first First Lady was. George and Martha Washington is like the most basic kindergarten history lesson. George had wooden teeth, could not tell a lie, and chopped down a cherry tree. His wife was Martha and they lived at Mt. Vernon. He's on the $1 bill and quarter. 

Valedictorian, my ass.

• Love 21
22 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Tasha not knowing who Sean Spicer is was about 1/100th as bad as Kalyssa not being able to name the First Lady, then backtracking saying she didn't know who the first First Lady was. George and Martha Washington is like the most basic kindergarten history lesson. George had wooden teeth, could not tell a lie, and chopped down a cherry tree. His wife was Martha and they lived at Mt. Vernon. He's on the $1 bill and quarter. 

Valedictorian, my ass.

Yeah the First Lady was terrible. That, I wouldn't have missed!!!!! I wish they'd have followed up with "ok, we'll tell us the name of the first First Lady." That would've been amazing.  Or did they? I can't remember.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Another post mentioned people were split on Holly. Anyone know about this? She's not my fave, but she's a great cheerleader. I'm not sure what conflict could be with her. 

No Spoilers are allowed on here so go check out the thread DCC tryouts TCC .....  something like that. lol  

6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Valedictorian, my ass.

George didn't have wooden teeth - even I know that and I'm British!

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Silverleaf said:

George didn't have wooden teeth - even I know that and I'm British!

The cherry tree story probably isn't real either, but George and Martha are still kindergarten history lessons.

That should've been a gimme question. It irritates me that Kelsey is still being hounded with her 50 yard line answer - which also excluded her from camp - when other girls can't tell us the name for the First Lady who was just brought in to office in January, after already being a celeb, as well as knowing the name of the very first First Ledy. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Glad Dayton didn't make the cut, she was nowhere near good enough. Her dancing was unimpressive and it seemed like the best comments the judges could make were excuses as to why she was stressed. ALL the girls were stressed and had stuff they were dealing with. Glad she didn't make it just because of her mom (who shouldn't have been on the sidelines or in the room for cuts. Were other family members allowed for other contestants?)

Didn't care if people screwed up politics questions. This was a highly contentious and controversial election. A LOT of people didn't vote or tuned out because of the ugliness. I'm surprised they asked so many questions about politics, rather than just focus on football stuff. 

I didn't even realize Katlyn didn't make it until I came to this board. I guess I wasn't paying attention and just assumed. Didn't hear a negative thing about her (except she needed a makeover) and she seemed ahead of most of the others with technique, power, kicks, and routine. Head scratcher. 

Another post mentioned people were split on Holly. Anyone know about this? She's not my fave, but she's a great cheerleader. I'm not sure what conflict could be with her. 

If I go back and look, I'll probably agree with other posters about ppl who were cut/not cut. It did seem like the overall talent was pretty high this season, so maybe these decisions were coin flips. 

Shelly's job is to be there. She's been there every year. It's not like they allowed her to be there to support Dayton specifically.

7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah the First Lady was terrible. That, I wouldn't have missed!!!!! I wish they'd have followed up with "ok, we'll tell us the name of the first First Lady." That would've been amazing.  Or did they? I can't remember.

They didn't, because they knew she was lying but when they like a candidate they don't push her as much. It was obvious she was saving face and Kelli acted like this was a legit excuse.

39 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The cherry tree story probably isn't real either, but George and Martha are still kindergarten history lessons.

That should've been a gimme question. It irritates me that Kelsey is still being hounded with her 50 yard line answer - which also excluded her from camp - when other girls can't tell us the name for the First Lady who was just brought in to office in January, after already being a celeb, as well as knowing the name of the very first First Ledy. 

The difference is that Kelli doesn't really like Kelsey, which was obvious by the weird comments she was making throughout tcc last year. She likes Kalyssa so she's fine!

• Love 2

I wish Katelyn made training camp.  I feel the hairstylist judge put the nail in the coffin.  He said her appearance was not relatable and cat-like which I disagree.  If he could or wanted to help her, then he would not have had said those things during deliberation.  I would go to another posh salon if I wanted to tryout again.  

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Shelly's job is to be there. She's been there every year. It's not like they allowed her to be there to support Dayton specifically.

They didn't, because they knew she was lying but when they like a candidate they don't push her as much. It was obvious she was saving face and Kelli acted like this was a legit excuse.

The difference is that Kelli doesn't really like Kelsey, which was obvious by the weird comments she was making throughout tcc last year. She likes Kalyssa so she's fine!

Like Too Sexy Leah- she was too much ( I liked her) but Kalyssa Trying Sooo Hard is not

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Glad Dayton didn't make the cut, she was nowhere near good enough. Her dancing was unimpressive and it seemed like the best comments the judges could make were excuses as to why she was stressed. ALL the girls were stressed and had stuff they were dealing with. Glad she didn't make it just because of her mom (who shouldn't have been on the sidelines or in the room for cuts. Were other family members allowed for other contestants?)

Didn't care if people screwed up politics questions. This was a highly contentious and controversial election. A LOT of people didn't vote or tuned out because of the ugliness. I'm surprised they asked so many questions about politics, rather than just focus on football stuff. 

I didn't even realize Katlyn didn't make it until I came to this board. I guess I wasn't paying attention and just assumed. Didn't hear a negative thing about her (except she needed a makeover) and she seemed ahead of most of the others with technique, power, kicks, and routine. Head scratcher. 

If I go back and look, I'll probably agree with other posters about ppl who were cut/not cut. It did seem like the overall talent was pretty high this season, so maybe these decisions were coin flips. 

As has been mentioned previously, Shelly, Dayton's Mom works for DCC and is there helping people on the sidelines which has been shown in previous years.  She wasn't just there because she is special and got a pass, it was her job.

Kalyssa has a long way to go to make a fan out of me after the first 3 episodes. I don't think I've found a TCC so irritating in a long time. I was also really surprised by the lack of real technique in her solo (well, in the little bit of her solo that was shown) since she bragged about winning competitions almost as soon as she started taking classes. Technique wise, she's poorly trained. She's charismatic and has sex appeal. And is WAY too into herself. Haha. And there's no way "Who is the First Lady?" confused her, or she is dumb as a rock and Kelli should be concerned about sending her on appearances! 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Kalyssa has a long way to go to make a fan out of me after the first 3 episodes. I don't think I've found a TCC so irritating in a long time. I was also really surprised by the lack of real technique in her solo (well, in the little bit of her solo that was shown) since she bragged about winning competitions almost as soon as she started taking classes. Technique wise, she's poorly trained. She's charismatic and has sex appeal. And is WAY too into herself. Haha. And there's no way "Who is the First Lady?" confused her, or she is dumb as a rock and Kelli should be concerned about sending her on appearances! 

I agree.... I haven't disliked a TCC since Vivian. Kalyssa rubs me the wrong way. Tasha was polarizing last year, but she never bugged me. Hopefully things change as we "get to know her" over the course of the show. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

I agree.... I haven't disliked a TCC since Vivian. Kalyssa rubs me the wrong way. Tasha was polarizing last year, but she never bugged me. Hopefully things change as we "get to know her" over the course of the show. 

Same here. Vivian was the last one for me as well. Tasha has never bothered me. I'd love to know why they kept her, but not the others this year when they all got similar comments. I have no issue with her staying, I'm just curious what kept her and wish CMT had included that. I'm not a Kalyssa fan at all yet. Maybe she will win me over as training camp goes on, but, I gotta say, she's got her work cut out for her because so far when I see her, I'm wanting to fast forward. ?

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

In her defense, she said she starting taking dance classes at 14 and winning at 16, so she had 2 years of dance before she started winning.

As far as her answer about the first lady, I'll chalk that up to nerves.  She was very sweet an apologetic when she realized her mistake.  She has a very lovely presence in the photos I've seen of her where she doesn't realize the camera is on her.

I like her, she's a breath of fresh air and unique in the recent selections of TCC's.   

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 8

I just watched the show again. If you look at the 31.24 Neil, Melissa and Ramos comment on Katelynn...They were looking at the Jumbotron and they mentioned she did not do anything for them...Sometimes the Jumbotron is a make or break thing. I think she is beautiful, poised and was a good dancer. Did anyone else catch that. This happened to a few girls last year as well. I wonder what makes that difference. She seemed like a sweet girl. Kelli said something as well about Alexandra..the field was swallowing her.

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

I agree with you - solid tricks too. They clearly liked it enough to feature the routine on social media, and we know her kicks are gorgeous, so I wonder if she's too noodly on the field. She wouldn't be the first technically trained dancer with gorgeous kicks to not make the team for sure. Maybe she needs a good year of hip hop and power Pom? I sure hope so, because I was SO BUMMED she didn't make it. Her and Lacey both, and they would have brought some diversity too. 

I really liked Titans Brianna, so I hope she hits the cardio to get her stamina up and comes back. But she's also got a thicker and petite gymnast type body, so might be hard to look great in the uniform and have enough leg above the boot? Muscular legs might struggle with flexibility too, but she's got time to work on that and change her workouts. 

You could be right about Katelynn's field performance Kalibean. The judges though are so inconsistent it is maddening.  They've taken girls to TC before that they labeled noodley.  Rachel Buckmaster made it into TC at least twice and they thought she was a noodle.  Simone got the noodley comment all through TC and made the squad.  I just wish the judges, and K&J for that matter, would stop speaking out of both sides of their mouths.  

Katelynn is pretty, tall with beautiful long limbs and effortless kicks.  I thought Micky S. was such a fan of LSU Golden Girls.  He certainly was when Amy T. auditioned.  I'm just really irked that with all that Katelynn brought to the table she wasn't able to garner enough votes to make it into TC.

Edited by DragonFlyzz
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

@DragonFlyzz Mickey liked Amy T because she was a University of Missouri Golden Girl, it's confusing because LSU also has Golden Girls! Mickey attended Mizzou's Journalism school many moons ago. :) 

@gofightwin You're absolutely right.  I'm mixing up my golden girls.  Amy T attended Mickey's alma mater in MO.  Thanks for the correction.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I got the impression she couldn't actually pronounce Melania's name. After the second girl answered the questions she mumbled something about not being able to say her name, then made up that lie about thinking they meant Martha Washington. Sorry, no way in hell do I think she thought they meant who was the first first lady. I've seen them ask a bunch of current events questions, rarely any American History questions. Why would they ask that. I would be very surprised if she didn't know Melania Trump, not because she's the first lady but because she's married to a reality star and is in tabloids all the time. I do believe, however, that she can't properly pronounce it. 

• Love 3

Rachel Buckmaster made it into TC twice because Kelli liked her. The girl could not dance her way out of a paper sack, but Kelli had to bring her into TC for the second time because *gasp* she was one of her favorites. The same thing with Courtney Cook. She seemed to be way off on her dancing (ahead by one count,) but she had an unique look Kelli and Charlotte liked, so she had to be on the squad. Judy was not happy with her at all, but she went along with the flow. The same thing with Season 9 Alexandra who struggled with her dancing, kicks and jump split. Kelli was drooling in her pantyhose over her, so she had to be in TC.

Thank you for all of these enjoyable insights and posts.  I don't really have much to add, but here are my few cents.

The "first lady" question?  You don't remember Martha Washington's name?  I call BS.  The only thing that saved her is that she knew names of his cabinet members.  I think her go-to in her head was probably Ivanka and she knew that was incorrect.  In a hot seat, I also imagine your brain is hiccuping because of the pressure.  HOWEVER, I also think that is kind of what happened to Kelsey in her 50 yards audition.  I think in the pressure of the moment, she saw the "50" in her head and that answer popped out.  

How in the world in the name of all that is word class did Tasha get in? She failed EVERY.SINGLE.STEP of the final round.  She has the KD appeal - pretty face.  Nope.  That was so completely unfair.  

The editing monkeys had a little fun at Holly's expense.  I had paused my DVR to answer the phone and when I hit it again, my DVR actually went into slow motion.  This happened right in the segment JUST as the girls were getting ready to do their solos.  I noticed the first time I watched that they had two clips of Holly getting ready (and very few vets aside from that).  In the second clip, they show her for a very quick moment (I think doing a spin) and the ABSOLUTE NEXT FRAME is a girl with both of her hands on her chest, probably adjusting the girls.  Such subtle foreshadowing.   SMH.  

I found Holly's post- faux pas interview odd.  The "I put myself here and now I am here" with the hand gestures was weird.  I did notice her pushing her teammates away; the first time I watched I thought it was a little abrasive (especially as she is seen falling into Kitty's arms to cry later); the second time, I do  get that she just needed a moment of space.  The megawatt smile and the put-my-chin-up  when the kickline was going to be evaluated was great.  She showed that she is a true performer and was not going to let that one moment define her.  And those kicks.  Dahummm!

HOWEVER: I don't understand how Auto Amy was pretty much nixed after her "threat of exposure" because it was too uncomfortable for the judges but this was ok.  I realize Holly is in a different league than Amy with dance and that she is a DCC already, but I felt that was a little hypocritical.

Raylee was clearly marked for demise since she was a vet that got a pre-decisions interview.  CMT always gives shots of the vets that are going to be auf-fed, often including a quick interview -- and then one with a strong vet to just make it look like they aren't letting us know.  

I don't get the Brianna NJ love.  For the past two weeks, her affect seems really REALLY flat.  Here, her DCC-style performance and kicks were insanely horrible.  

My heart broke for Shelley watching her daughter when final names were called.  Dayton can absolutely use this as a dress rehearsal for next year if she really wants it that badly.  I thought it interesting that Charlotte was in her defense while Kelli was not.  And very surprised that Judy just remained silent (as she is someone who can relate the most).

I love seeing the vets practice.  Jenn K was never one of my favorites, but she has grown on me.  Jacee is gorgeous.  

I am so happy CMT shows us more, but it still feels rushed.  Some solos we get long glimpses of, others not even a fraction of a second.  And I really would love to hear more of deliberations and Kitty's evaluations.  

Do the girls only go to her for solos now?  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

HOWEVER: I don't understand how Auto Amy was pretty much nixed after her "threat of exposure" because it was too uncomfortable for the judges but this was ok.  I realize Holly is in a different league than Amy with dance and that she is a DCC already, but I felt that was a little hypocritical.

Just my opinion, of course, but I felt like Auto Amy's poor judgement in picking that type of costume for her particular shape AND deciding to forgoe the undergarments she wore in her dress rehearsal hurt her more than the actual almost malfunction. I can see why it was completely distracting from her dance, though! 

Her low kicks probably ultimately kept her out that year tho, since IIRC, they're what did her in at camp. 

At least Holly's looked like a total freak accident and was towards the end of her routine. I bet she'll always sew a closure shut going forward! 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Someone has been monitoring these threads from the cmt  dcc gang. They saw a bunch of post about not understanding why they were cut and then they posted this video.. That is a concidence.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Ok, well there you have it. It's completely obvious now why Allie was cut. She looked very out of shape, she fell during her solo and her solo wasn't good to begin with.... 

Raylee's solo was meh as well. Definitely not 3 year vet caliber.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Ok, well there you have it. It's completely obvious now why Allie was cut. She looked very out of shape, she fell during her solo and her solo wasn't good to begin with.... 

Raylee's solo was meh as well. Definitely not 3 year vet caliber.

There was a previous post(can't find it) that had Allie's solo and that was a planned fall...Maybe the judges did not know it was planned.

• Love 2
On 8/19/2017 at 1:56 AM, dreamcatcher said:

Plus, we really don't know just how much time has passed. I really don't think it lasted 1 minute, she was probably left alone for a couple minutes (at least) and when she broke down, Kitty went and grabbed her. And you can see Simone behind her there so obviously Holly didn't drive her away. 

Really? So they cut her for a mistake that doesn't even matter in the end?

She said a few vets that she wasn't expecting to be cut were cut, and that they were strong performers and good teammates.

It's the only question I gave Dayton a pass. It was pretty much a passive aggressive way of telling her that she doesn't care for politics. But I didn't like that question, mainly because at least in my country it is illegal to ask people if they vote and who they're going to vote for. Obviously you can discuss this informally, but this isn't a question you are allowed to ask in an interview or be broadcasted. So I just feel asking something like that is a bit tacky.

I agree that asking her if she voted or not is a bit out of line.  Just a little too personal and really not something someone should have to answer in a job interview type situation.  Not saying people shouldn't vote, but sometimes people have personal convictions that prevent them from supporting certain candidates, and last election some could have taken offense to both choices.   I know a few people who couldn't in good conscious vote last election.  

I also wonder if had she answered "yes", if the next question would have been who she voted for and that would have been WAY out of line.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

There was a previous post(can't find it) that had Allie's solo and that was a planned fall...Maybe the judges did not know it was planned.

Personally I hate planned falls in a dance. They always end up looking sloppy and like the dancer fell. This one looked like her leg gave out and distracted me from the dance as it took a moment to recover from worrying she was okay. But it was that side summersault was just...WTF? and would have made me send her home. That was TERRIBLE looking. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree that asking her if she voted or not is a bit out of line.  Just a little too personal and really not something someone should have to answer in a job interview type situation.  Not saying people shouldn't vote, but sometimes people have personal convictions that prevent them from supporting certain candidates, and last election some could have taken offense to both choices.   I know a few people who couldn't in good conscious vote last election.  

I kinda felt like Kelli knew already that she didn't vote. Why would she ask - to see if she would lie by saying she did vote?  Even if she did, you vote for the president, not the first lady.

I get the Cowboys is a privately held organization, but I think they should follow the same rules as everyone else when it comes to interview questions. Did they ask everyone who gets an interview (regardless of job title)  if they voted? Did the Jones family poll current employees if they voted ?

this is the 3rd (I think 12 seasons /4 yrs) presidential election. I don't remember this many political questions in other seasons.

Edited by sATL
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Just my opinion, of course, but I felt like Auto Amy's poor judgement in picking that type of costume for her particular shape AND deciding to forgoe the undergarments she wore in her dress rehearsal hurt her more than the actual almost malfunction. I can see why it was completely distracting from her dance, though! 

Her low kicks probably ultimately kept her out that year tho, since IIRC, they're what did her in at camp. 

At least Holly's looked like a total freak accident and was towards the end of her routine. I bet she'll always sew a closure shut going forward! 

Absolutely.  I guess that I still harbor a conspiracy theory on Amy's outfit. She wore a bra when she went to Kitty's. It was very visible  I think that Kitty called her out on it and told her to lose the bra strap. She absolutely should have found some support, but I don't think braless was her first choice ...and it was accidental for her as well. Holly could have had used a flesh toned cover too   Amy had terrible kicks but so did Taylor.  

None of this takes away from how Holly dances nor her grace under unbelievable embarrassment.   She deserved to make camp.  Imho Amy was blamed for hers and I'm not sure it was completely deserved. 

Edited for disappearing punctuation and to clarify a point.  

Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I agree. There's no way Amy had practiced in that costume,otherwise she would have noticed the uhm situation. That's probably why it was held against her.

• Love 2

I don't understand the DCC mind so Cerstan and Kashara were practically twerking and Kalyssa is too sexy ( I don't believe there is even such a thing for a cheerleader) Also Kashara did a similar move to that DCC Angela a couple of seasons ago while auditioning for show group , Angela was told she shouldn't have done that and Kashara gets cold Kasexy !! SMH 

But a agree with Kitty on Kalyssa outfit  , i thought the second Kalyssa outfit was big improvement !!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

Planned or not, it sure looked like she fell accidentally! 

• Love 1
On 8/18/2017 at 3:23 PM, PBSLover said:

- Dayton may have only focused on her dancing.  Now she knows.

- Brianna, Carissa (Titans gal - I am screwing up names) body was not DCC ready...I never heard any of the judges say anything about that.  If she slimmed down, she might have a chance next year.

- I could watch 2 hours of the finals.  Prelims, semis and finals are my favorite part of the show...we see more dancing during these episodes than we do in the rest of the series. They gave an hour to each.  Thank you producers.

- Kelsey’s green dress was spectacular.  

- There is always a bit of give away on this show as to a vet that doesn’t make it to training camp.  She is always interviewed before the axe falls.

- Music to the combination taught this year sucked.  They couldn’t get a decent song cleared for tv?

- I wonder if KaShara will be point this year.  I hope so. She’s really fun and funny.

- Brianna  (New Jersey) - is something different.  That is why they brought her to training camp. She is classically trained, is fresh as a daisy and is gorgeous.  She may not have the confidence to make it this season but she is a stand out for the reasons I wrote above.

- I love that the Patriots cheerleader talks about how much she wants to cheer for the Cowboys.  She cheered for the best team in the league but wants to now be on the best cheer squad in the league. I think that is admirable.  

I am excited for this season. The last few seasons have been a bit meh. I am glad Jenn K is retired and someone new can be point.  Sorry to hurt anyone’s feelings that liked her but I was never a fan.

Oh, I forgot to say that looks go a long way in DCC land.  Tasha, Brianna, Loni (from season 2). They want the prettiest on the team.

I don't know if CMT hired a new sound person or what but the music this year does suck.  Don't even get me started on previous season's where they completely change the music on the episodes.  It is so bad I have turned off the reruns because of it. They never did this in the past.

P.S.  I agree with everything else you said too.

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 2
On 8/18/2017 at 11:38 PM, tajalexander said:

On 8/18/2017 at 8:35 PM, OKFan said:

The audition kick line starts the opposite way of the DCC kick line that they do every game. So I would guess muscle memory is correct. 

if this is true, I've literally never noticed it.

Me either. So now it makes sense why she started wrong.

On 8/19/2017 at 6:48 AM, Calicocats said:

Brianna NJ- WHY????  She is so far behind the usual 18 year old who makes it (Jenna or Mia or someone along those lines).  She's not exciting to watch.  She's a good dancer in her own right, but not at DCC style, and her kicks are really bad.  Just don't get that one.  Seems to be an obvious cut- maybe they think if they take her and cut her this year, it will give her a better shot at next year?  If she makes the team, I will be blown away.

Kelli has a love affair of people from New York, New Jersey and Long Island. No idea why.

On 8/19/2017 at 6:48 AM, Calicocats said:

Lacey- too muscular, but some of the girls' abs (while hell- I salute their hard work) look way too muscular.  I guess it's okay for abs?  At least they cut her now and didn't pull a Vivian.  Starvation is really the only way to lose muscle mass if you're a muscular person.  I would know.  Overall, I liked Lacey and wouldn't mind a bit of diversity in body type on the team.

It wasn’t just her body that was too masculine. I don’t believe they cared for her looks either.  She was the dancer that kept making faces, yes?

• Love 3
On 8/19/2017 at 7:15 AM, WichitaStateShock said:

It shows she is a bit self absorbed and isn't thinking about the larger picture.

It’s a BIG jump to write that just because someone doesn’t vote makes them self-absorbed.  You don’t know what she was doing in her life last year.  She’s 19. Give the girl a break.

On 8/19/2017 at 8:51 AM, pasdetrois said:

Why don't they have more professional dancers and dance coaches as judges?

Because they want feedback from more of a fan’s perspective.  The DCC/Cowboys sponsors, journalists and trades people are who they want to hear from.

On 8/19/2017 at 10:38 AM, cherryblossom said:

Also Melissa actually wore what I would call an adult dress that was more in keeping with the rest of the judges.  Great look all around!

Yes but she still has bad taste in earrings.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

It’s a BIG jump to write that just because someone doesn’t vote makes them self-absorbed.  You don’t know what she was doing in her life last year.  She’s 19. Give the girl a break.

Because they want feedback from more of a fan’s perspective.  The DCC/Cowboys sponsors, journalists and trades people are who they want to hear from.

Yes but she still has bad taste in earrings.

If someone is so uninformed they don't release they should be voting especially about local issues and races then yes, she is self absorbed. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

If someone is so uninformed they don't release they should be voting especially about local issues and races then yes, she is self absorbed. 

She's 19. Of course she's somewhat self absorbed. Most teenagers are. It doesn't make her a bad person. Sheesh.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

I just watched the show again. If you look at the 31.24 Neil, Melissa and Ramos comment on Katelynn...They were looking at the Jumbotron and they mentioned she did not do anything for them...Sometimes the Jumbotron is a make or break thing. I think she is beautiful, poised and was a good dancer. Did anyone else catch that. This happened to a few girls last year as well. I wonder what makes that difference. She seemed like a sweet girl. Kelli said something as well about Alexandra..the field was swallowing her.

I'm going to go back and re-watch.  I didn't catch that.  It's good to know that other people are obsessed with this show.  My boyfriend thinks I am out of my mind.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ReneeK said:

I'm going to go back and re-watch.  I didn't catch that.  It's good to know that other people are obsessed with this show.  My boyfriend thinks I am out of my mind.

It is in this clip as well.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

It is in this clip as well.

Wow.  Maybe some of the judges just couldn't imagine her with a better hair color and cut.  I think she's gorgeous as is, but yes with a lighter brown shade and highlights to flatter her complexion, and more teasing, she could be "the look".

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree. There's no way Amy had practiced in that costume,otherwise she would have noticed the uhm situation. That's probably why it was held against her.

That and the fact that she can't dance.  Also get kicks were bad.

Yes to Charlotte's white dress! Age appropriate and very flattering. For once. I thought Lauren's interview dress was a bit too short to be considered professional, but I think in general, this year the candidates learned from Kat's mistake and dressed fairly appropriately.  I don't see how they all loved Lauren's abs but thought Lacey's body was too "masculine." Props to Neil for sticking up for her. 

Props to Rachel for stepping it up after her Kitty feedback! I like her!  Yes to those who are wondering about Kitty's inconsistencies with costume advice. Just last year, she told Heather O to pin her tutu on her butt like Lacey had.  ?  Speaking of Kitty, I'm so curious to know what she thought of Katelyn and what feedback she gave her in terms of appearance and dance. I really hope she reauditions next year, and in addition to a little makeover, I'd like to see a more lively, energetic routine from her. I think that also could have drawn more judges in and influenced their votes. She must have the power and punch, because she was not only a Golden Girl, she also was a Tiger Girl like Erica and Cersten, which means that she can rock Neicy's funky choreography with panache. Try again, Katelyn! 

ITA about NJ Briana. A wasted TC spot, in my opinion, that could have gone to Katelyn.  Sigh. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Just last year, she told Heather O to pin her tutu on her butt like Lacey had.

Well that explains why so many of them had that silly butt fluff this season. Unfortunately for some of them, I get the impression Kelli doesn't really like copy cats. What she likes for one girl she won't necessarily like for the next 20 or so. I remember her mocking them for doing the overused one arm over the head pose at photoshoot time last season. 

I also think they like to have a variety of types of girls, so if they have two chicks with very defined six packs, they are going to only pick one and cross "six pack" off their list. I think that's why they seem a little inconsistent at times. 

• Love 3