Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Finals

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

I thought the same thing until she ran to Kitty. Then I remembered how I get the vibe that she strategically uses people. Oh well, she will get ahead in the world someday just not in a way that makes me admire her. 

She probably sees Kitty as more of a motherly/mentor figure.  (Crazy, Mommy-Dearest kind of mother! lol)  I can understand going to that type of figure as opposed to friends/peers.

• Love 1

I am way late to this party but here it goes:

1) How can they say they are world class and keep Tasha? Really?

2) For all their talk about having to bring your "A" game to finals and holding the vets to a higher standard, they keep Tasha? She should have been cut. I see her as an example of what not to do at finals; the fact that she's a vet makes it worse for me, she should know better. Her interview was worse than any of Kelsey's interview flubs they have shown. Add the weight she should be gone. I can't believe they kept her. If I were Allie, Heather H., and Raylee I would be pissed after seeing this episode.

3) Loved Kelsey's interview. She seems like she would be fun to hang out with and she doesn't take herself too seriously.

4) Kalyssa...I don't know. I need to see some more. So far I'm not a fan but I'm open to changing my mind.

5) I like Katelyn and wish she would have made it to training camp.

6) I love Jacie and Jenn K.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I am probably in the minority, but I was not impressed with Cersten, Yuko, or Madeline's solo. I thought we were close to seeing Madeline's cash and prizes in some of her movements in her solo. I think Lauren and Gina are cute, so I am rooting for the both of them, but once again, I am not too impressed with the TC Candidates.

You have to see Madeline's solo on DCC twitter , it's really good they showed weird parts on the ep. 

• Love 2

I thought she had great tricks and sass, but the solo itself felt choppy to me. Wow moments for sure, but I didn't care for the flow. It reminds me of the newish way figure skating is scored - rewards the tricks and jumps and it's less about the clean lines and artistry. It's like, I know the talent is there but I didn't really enjoy watching. 

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:34 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Charlotte and Kelly must have new wardrobe advisors.  They both looked stunning.

I think each judge adds something different to the panel and allows for different perspectives.

Jenn really does have great leadership abilities.  

Kitty looked pretty good too.

Judy too.  I would like to know where she found that orange dress. A couple of seasons ago, the TCC did fashion shows at Dillards. I need search their site and store.

Kitty must be mellowing in her old age. Other than throwing the chair - she was pretty clam, compared to other seasons.

On 8/17/2017 at 11:18 PM, HowdeeDo said:

If I were Katelyn I'd be pissed, only negative thing they had to say was "let's change her hair" but Tasha who can't put her shoe on the right foot and has a weight issue made it over her. 

Katelyn was robbed.  In my opinion, she is a knockout, elegant, tall beauty with fabulous kicks, dance ability, and figure.  I assumed she was a "touchdown" and didn't realize that she'd been cut until closely re-watching the end of the Finals episode.  And I mean CLOSELY!  I paused my iPad on the shot of the final TC and was like "where is Katelyn?!!?!!"  WTF????  

9 minutes ago, sATL said:

Judy too.  I would like to know where she found that orange dress. A couple of seasons ago, the TCC did fashion shows at Dillards. I need search their site and store.

Kitty must be mellowing in her old age. Other than throwing the chair - she was pretty clam, compared to other seasons.

Judy is so pretty

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Shallan said:

I am way late to this party but here it goes:

1) How can they say they are world class and keep Tasha? Really?

2) For all their talk about having to bring your "A" game to finals and holding the vets to a higher standard, they keep Tasha? She should have been cut. I see her as an example of what not to do at finals; the fact that she's a vet makes it worse for me, she should know better. Her interview was worse than any of Kelsey's interview flubs they have shown. Add the weight she should be gone. I can't believe they kept her. If I were Allie, Heather H., and Raylee I would be pissed after seeing this episode.

3) Loved Kelsey's interview. She seems like she would be fun to hang out with and she doesn't take herself too seriously.

4) Kalyssa...I don't know. I need to see some more. So far I'm not a fan but I'm open to changing my mind.

5) I like Katelyn and wish she would have made it to training camp.

6) I love Jacie and Jenn K.

I didn't like Kalyssa on the first episode where Judy called her Nasty in a good way, but she's growing on me.  I think she is hot, sassy, and super sexy.... She may need to tone it down though for DCC.  She reminds me of Jessie James (?) the singer.  

Edited by ReneeK
Typo
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Thoughts on Finals:

1. Not combining prelims and semis into one episode was a terrible decision and it took away from the focus on real contenders. CMT had enough material to show the  beginning of training camp by this episode in fact, I remember season 7 which also was an extended season, actually had all 3 stages of auditions in the first episode which may have been a 2 hour premiere?  But anyway, we didn't have to wait 3 weeks to see TC start.

2. Love the 2nd batch of flight crew friends making the journey to Texas together and getting into TC together. They seem fun.

3.  When kitty Carter was talking to Miranda about costume and was screaming  'TA TAs    me--?that aside- I like her and think shes pretty 

Panel interviews 

1. Did Kalyssa really get confused and think they said the very FIRST first lady?

2. Brianna is to me a giant 9 year old, sweet but oh my did you see her chest almost break out in hives during the interview, so splotchy from nerves.

3. Lauren is very DCC likeable and reminds me of the earlier days DCC

4. Kelsey was stunning in that green dress.

5. Robert Shawbotch  LMAO     ?‍♀️

Solos 

1. They didn't show enough?

2. I am reserving any comments on Holly until I see more episodes 

3. So was Kelli the originator of "Ka Sexy?"

4 Rachel um - something about how she communicates and her mannerisms seemed uncomfortable to watch.

5. I thought Dayton's costume was flattering and beautiful on her figure. 

6.  How could they not show Amy L. solo?

Judging

1. Anthony Ramos has no business being a judge!

2. Kristi Scales was awesome standing up for the vets while M.R. throws Raylee under a bus!

3. I like that Neil was voting yes and saying good things about Lacey.

4. Not much focus on cut vets anymore, Allies frozen smile face was awkward 

5. Alexandria looks like she is strong willed and I was pleased to see her show emotion in the end.

6  Love me some Jacie She has a flawless face and a new hairstyle every time I see her.

7  ASHTON!!!!??

Brianna is like a giant 9 year old LOL.  She is not going to last in TC.  She doesn't have any sex appeal or kicks.  I get the sweet, girl next door look but DCCs have to attract the attention of men.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, DFWGina said:

It was definitely a bummer not to see the LSU gal not make it.  She was great other than her look.   I get my hair cut, highlighted and styled at the same salon where Marshall is and anyone can make an appointment with any of the stylists.  My hairdresser is one that works with the DCC on camera (and off).    Disclaimer - I've been going there since I moved to Coppell and it is an Aveda salon and before there was any DCC association (or at least advertisement of such).  Wouldn't you think it would be worth going in for a consultation and cut/highlight/lowlight/weave/etc BEFORE auditions?   Marshall is a great stylist (I've watched him work across the salon over the years) but it is not an exclusive salon to get into.  Call and make an appointment.

Same for interviews.  Practice with people everywhere!  Church, Neighbors, Shopping, etc.   Get an interview coach like they do for pageants.  It is not that hard people!!!!

I also know another gal who made finals who was not shown for one moment on screen other than I did see her in a one group shot on the previous episode.  Not a shot at all last night...  I would be interested to see how they piece it all together.

I agree.... It's odd that not all of the girls are shown or interviewed and made TC, yet some that were heavily interviewed (like Kaitlyn) were cut without even given an exit interview or any commentary.  Leaves the viewers confused.  The producers need to do better.

Edited by ReneeK
Typo
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

To the people asking about simone. She did not get cut. She was crying because she was upset her friends on the team were cut. The cut vets probably refused to be interviewed.

This was so confusing.  I thought Simone said crying, a few veterans were cut and she wasn't expecting to be cut and that a piece of her heart is missing.  Huh?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Why was Tasha saved after weight gain and bad interview. I do not think she is all that. I did not like her last year, and I still do not care for her at all. She reminds me of the one sister in Season 4 who left TC after Kelli called her into the office and said she was snotty and mannequin like. And lets go for pizza and ice cream after finals. Seriously...

I am not sad to see the three vets who were cut leave. Yes, get ready to throw something at me. I did not think Heather was cute and her teeth and smile bugs me for some reason. Raylee, in my opinion, should not have made the team in the first place because she seems like a blah dancer to me. And the few seconds they showed Kelsey dancing at vet practice does not convince me she has improved enough to stay on the team. I put her in the same league as Tasha (staying on the team because of her looks not because she is a rockstar DCC dancer.)

Katelyn with the right hair style and makeup could have been DCC ready. Did she have bad kicks? Christina, I like her solo, but her kicks are still bad. What happened to not bringing in girls with bad kicks into TC. I guess they need someone to cut in case her kicks are still bad and do not improve in TC.

Nice to see former DCCs coming in to work with the TC Candidates because Melissa R. still gets on my last nerves. Cannot wait to see which TC Candidates CMT will be hand picked to work with her because I am not buying the ole Melissa picks her favorites to work  with spiel.

Tasha needs to do 100 sit-ups a day, every day.  I know she's had a baby but that just means she need to work extra hard to keep her tummy in shape.

15 hours ago, bunny said:

Something is telling me that Jenn K is going to be with the DCC organization for a long time. Like, potential future choreographer/director. Just a feeling I get.

This was a fun episode, although I always want to see more of the solos and deliberation. Still want to be friends with Kashara and Yuko.

Yes, retired Jennifer is a lovely lady all around.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, DFWGina said:

It was definitely a bummer not to see the LSU gal not make it.  She was great other than her look.   I get my hair cut, highlighted and styled at the same salon where Marshall is and anyone can make an appointment with any of the stylists.  My hairdresser is one that works with the DCC on camera (and off).    Disclaimer - I've been going there since I moved to Coppell and it is an Aveda salon and before there was any DCC association (or at least advertisement of such).  Wouldn't you think it would be worth going in for a consultation and cut/highlight/lowlight/weave/etc BEFORE auditions?   Marshall is a great stylist (I've watched him work across the salon over the years) but it is not an exclusive salon to get into.  Call and make an appointment.

Same for interviews.  Practice with people everywhere!  Church, Neighbors, Shopping, etc.   Get an interview coach like they do for pageants.  It is not that hard people!!!!

I also know another gal who made finals who was not shown for one moment on screen other than I did see her in a one group shot on the previous episode.  Not a shot at all last night...  I would be interested to see how they piece it all together.

Yes, it is worth a weekend trip to Dallas to make an appointment with their hair salon. I know it must feel like you are spending money like it is going out of style for the audition with all of the dance and fitness classes, not to mention the costumes & traveling, but adding hair/makeup styling from a professional is a must now. Marshall is a judge - please the judge.

It know its hard to breakaway from your home stylist - some hometown stylists get a little snippy if you go someplace else. I can image what it would be like going back to your old-faithful (who is responsible for your current style), if only for a couple of maintenance visits, after coming back from a high-end place like DCC uses.

I do wonder how an interview coach would have advised on the "did you vote in the last presidential election" question if you were old enough, and you didn't vote. Hmmmm.

3 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I may have to watch again bc it looked to me like Kitty came to Holly and just wrapped her arms around her.  It might be that Holly had finally stopped fighting, broken down, and was ready to be consoled

Plus, we really don't know just how much time has passed. I really don't think it lasted 1 minute, she was probably left alone for a couple minutes (at least) and when she broke down, Kitty went and grabbed her. And you can see Simone behind her there so obviously Holly didn't drive her away. 

2 hours ago, OKFan said:

The audition kick line starts the opposite way of the DCC kick line that they do every game. So I would guess muscle memory is correct. 

Really? So they cut her for a mistake that doesn't even matter in the end?

25 minutes ago, ReneeK said:

This was so confusing.  I thought Simone said crying, a few veterans were cut and she wasn't expecting to be cut and that a piece of her heart is missing.  Huh?

She said a few vets that she wasn't expecting to be cut were cut, and that they were strong performers and good teammates.

16 minutes ago, sATL said:

Yes, it is worth a weekend trip to Dallas to make an appointment with their hair salon. I know it must feel like you are spending money like it is going out of style for the audition with all of the dance and fitness classes, not to mention the costumes & traveling, but adding hair/makeup styling from a professional is a must now. Marshall is a judge - please the judge.

It know its hard to breakaway from your home stylist - some hometown stylists get a little snippy if you go someplace else. I can image what it would be like going back to your old-faithful (who is responsible for your current style), if only for a couple of maintenance visits, after coming back from a high-end place like DCC uses.

I do wonder how an interview coach would have advised on the "did you vote in the last presidential election" question if you were old enough, and you didn't vote. Hmmmm.

It's the only question I gave Dayton a pass. It was pretty much a passive aggressive way of telling her that she doesn't care for politics. But I didn't like that question, mainly because at least in my country it is illegal to ask people if they vote and who they're going to vote for. Obviously you can discuss this informally, but this isn't a question you are allowed to ask in an interview or be broadcasted. So I just feel asking something like that is a bit tacky.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ReneeK said:

Tasha needs to do 100 sit-ups a day, every day.  I know she's had a baby but that just means she need to work extra hard to keep her tummy in shape.

No, she mainly needs to watch her diet. Abs are made in the kitchen... I've had two c sections and notice a huge difference in how flat my stomach is when I eat clean. Ab work helps, but girlfriend needs to pick up the vegetables and put down the pizza! 

I don't believe they held the didnyou vote question against Dayton professionally, more personally. To me they asked out of curiosity after she had missed all the previous questions. Her fate was sealed at that point so the judges thought why not ask. They wouldn't have asked if she knew the answers to those questions. 

I think an interview coach would say answer the question with a yes (if you did) and that it's everyone's duty to participate in a process that is critical for our future and that son many have fought for the right to do and that each persons vote is personal and private. I don't think they would have asked her who she voted for. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Tys Mom said:

Did anyone else notice Holly pushing away her teammates when they came over to console her? 

Yep, but she certainly didn't push Kitty away.  She knows what side her bread is buttered on.  Totally in agreement with @pizzaislife.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, kacesq said:

You know what judge I enjoy? The guy from Lucchese Boots.

Was he the one who said Kalyssa looked like she was trying too hard?  I loved that comment...she is my new Holly, with the annoying "I'm so sexxxayyyy and impressed with myself" vibe.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

It's the only question I gave Dayton a pass. It was pretty much a passive aggressive way of telling her that she doesn't care for politics.

Plus, if Dayton is as uninformed about the country as she appears to be, what criteria would she even use to decide who to vote for?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

The fashion shows have always been at Belk, I believe, to the person interested in Judy's dress.

Brianna NJ- WHY????  She is so far behind the usual 18 year old who makes it (Jenna or Mia or someone along those lines).  She's not exciting to watch.  She's a good dancer in her own right, but not at DCC style, and her kicks are really bad.  Just don't get that one.  Seems to be an obvious cut- maybe they think if they take her and cut her this year, it will give her a better shot at next year?  If she makes the team, I will be blown away.

Dayton- girlfriend, lie!  I didn't vote either, but depending on the company where I'm asked, I will lie and say I did.  At that point, everything was working against her.  It might not help to have one right answer, but it would be one less negative.  Hope she comes back next year.

Kaitlyn was good- it was just a makeover.  Agree she needed an exit interview.  Didn't realize she didn't make it until I came here.  I didn't see any reason she wouldn't and assumed she did.

Tasha- I'm going to be blunt here- I think in this situation, it kind of helps that no one expects Tasha to be really smart.  She's not an Amy T or Cersten.  Maybe they gave her a pass based on that?  Idk.  I never really noticed Tasha either way, not a fan nor do I dislike her- to me she is average and her beauty is downplayed by too much makeup.  But for whatever reason, she definetly got a pass, where others didn't.  Ally (fave) is very intelligent and well spoken- just had some weight issues.  Poor Ally.  Just wasn't in the cards for the girl.  Hope she becomes a dentist like she mentioned last season.  Heather- don't get that cut either.  I was expecting to see some colossal screw up and saw a little blunder.  Rayleigh, to me, always blended.  Poor girl ran out of there- she must have been devastated.  Simone was a good interview- very sincere.  For a minute there I thought they cut her and my blood was boiling!

Lacey- too muscular, but some of the girls' abs (while hell- I salute their hard work) look way too muscular.  I guess it's okay for abs?  At least they cut her now and didn't pull a Vivian.  Starvation is really the only way to lose muscle mass if you're a muscular person.  I would know.  Overall, I liked Lacey and wouldn't mind a bit of diversity in body type on the team.

Speaking of diversity,  not much of it in the TCCs this year?

Jets girls made it!  I like them!  I like Alexandra, but she's got to get great really soon.

Alexandria doesn't have the look?  What judge said that????

YAYYYYY IF ASHTON IS BACK

Edited by Calicocats

The thing with Dayton not voting is it isn't just about the president , it is about local government which you have more control and say over. Local government impacts your life more directly than the federal government. It shows she is a bit self absorbed and isn't thinking about the larger picture.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WichitaStateShock said:

The thing with Dayton not voting is it isn't just about the president , it is about local government which you have more control and say over. Local government impacts your life more directly than the federal government. It shows she is a bit self absorbed and isn't thinking about the larger picture.

Good point.  IMO people like that are better off not voting, uninformed to the point where they'd vote for the person who wears the nicest shoes or something similarly ridiculous.

• Love 4

Why don't they have more professional dancers and dance coaches as judges? Are some of those folks on the panel for political reasons (i.e., big donors or somehow in business with the organization)? A has-been country music singer? A newscaster? It makes no sense.

I would love to see Cersten's and Holly's full solos. They are outstanding dancers - a big cut above the others.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Why don't they have more professional dancers and dance coaches as judges? Are some of those folks on the panel for political reasons (i.e., big donors or somehow in business with the organization)? A has-been country music singer? A newscaster? It makes no sense.

I would love to see Cersten's and Holly's full solos. They are outstanding dancers - a big cut above the others.

Marketing. Revenue. They are either banking on using celebrity names to draw in an audience to the show, or advertising experts for product endorsement $$$. 

If the show did not make advertising money, it would be yanked. 

2 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Meg..I don't think it shows she's self absorbed at all. Shes young and she just may be uninformed on a lot. She doesn't HAVE to.

• Love 2

Yes, but why is she uninformed?  Too busy putting "look at meeeeee" crap on Instagram to bother reading the news?  Being young is no excuse...young & uninformed too often becomes old and uninformed. 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8

Marketing. Revenue. They are either banking on using celebrity names to draw in an audience to the show, or advertising experts for product endorsement $$$. 

Understood. Except most of the judges don't seem particularly notable, nor are they celebrities. I guess Jay and Melissa are local celebrities, but the rest of them? I wonder if some of them are wealthy and pay for the privilege of being a judge, i.e., donations.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I like the random hodgepodge of judges. The ladies aren't trying out for a ballet company - they are going to entertain a wide cross section of people, be it marketing folks at a convention, blue collar dudes, kiddos in the hospital, men and women attending the USO tours and all sorts of folks in the stadium at the game. They need to catch your eye and kill an 8 count. 

Neil's best chart toppers are behind him, but he still goes on USO tours and is popular with many mature country fans, my 60 something dad for one. He knows good stage presence and is probably also a target audience demographics wise. Lucchese guy is a sponsor, but also seems to add a lot to judging. I'm willing to bet the newscasters and other ladies have some dance background in their back pockets, even if it was back in high school. I'm no expert, but I know a sloppy turn and low kick when I see it. The cross section seems good and you've got Judy's more technical eye and Kitty in her ear to help spot potential. 

• Love 8

I'm really disappointed that Katelynn from LSU didn't make it into training camp.  Christina is proof that a new cut and color can do wonders for your looks.  While I have nothing against Christina it bites that she gets another shot at training camp when her field performance and kicks don't look much better than in previous seasons.  Why not give some newbies like Katelynn a shot?  You can add me to the list of those puzzled by NJ Brianna's selection.   I wasn't wowed by her dancing, she didn't come off as particularly outgoing during her panel interview, and her kicks flat out sucked.  Color me confused.

• Love 8

I agree with @kalibean, the wide variety of judges helps represent the wide variety of fans. Not to mention I can't see J&K taking dance advice from a bunch of other dance coaches (except kitty) when it comes to auditions. Sure they like opinions for various choreographers in TC but I feel like auditions aren't meant to make specifically dance based decisions, those are left for camp. 

I happen to like Neal McCoy, yes he always says "she's hot" etc but that's probably a heck of a lot nicer than what most guy fans say on game day to their buddies. Plus, he always comes across as warm and supportive. He and Kristi Scales are nothing but positive for the girls, or at least tactful with their critiques. 

• Love 5

Kalyssa gave me no reason this ep to change my opinion about her. At least she didn't shimmy shake (or we didn't see it at least) but really!? I'm supposed to buy that you thought the question was about the first first lady?! Give me a break. I can only hope we don't see that much of her during training camp because that girl is working my last nerve.

Also working my last nerve? Anthony with his fashionista check ins with the girls and Neil who is coming off as a creeper. First Kelsey and now Kalyssa. Just yuck. Hopefully we're done with those two for the rest of the season.

I don't understand why Christina is in camp. Her kicks and splits are not any better and if she hasn't improved them by now I can't imagine that she'll be able to over the summer. And her dancing doesn't impress me.

I also don't understand why Brianna is in camp. Her kicks aren't even in the realm of something they can try to improve over summer and she looks disinterested. Her reactions at making finals and now training camp look to me like someone who auditioned for the experience and didn't mean to make training camp. Completely agree with the judges who passed on her AND the weatherman judge from semis.

Finally, Katelynn. Katelynn deserved training camp, she was flat out outstanding and she should have been given the opportunity to have a makeover. That they took Tasha, Brianna and Christina over her makes me so mad I can't hardly see straight. Don't be defeated Katelynn you rock!

• Love 12

Loved this episode and watched it twice. Dayton was the biggest flop ever. If she weren't someone with a legacy, she would have been treated much worse, I think- look at what they did to Kelsey, for example. Despite how terrible she did, Charlotte went to bat for her in the deliberations. I thought it was very kind of her, but at the same time, they are all over the map in my opinion with the exceptions they make for certain people. Kat with her dress was slashed to smithereens, but Dayton was treated much better, despite her excruciating interview and lackluster dancing. 

Felt so bad for Holly with her mishap and when she was crying. That is so humiliating and hard to recover from, but man did she ever with those kicks!!!!!!! They were utterly flawless!! I loved when they showed her face just before the kick line began and she put her chin up and smiled. It was inspiring! She is so above everyone else with kicks. Even though Lacey's were as high (maybe), they were not as pretty and stunning as Holly's. I am so surprised that people above were commenting on her "pushing" her teammates away initially. People react to things differently and I think I would have been the same. The shock and terror of it all, you don't even know what just happened- you just want to run. I don't think she was rejecting anyone- she just could not comprehend what happened to her. I thought her reaction with crying and with Kitty was very sincere. I love Holly and make no apologies! I think she is the best thing to have happened to the DCC in a long time. 

I don't care one way or the other about Tasha, but I don't think she looked big at all. I think KaShara looked much bigger. I am also surprised by some about her comment about the pizza. First of all, I don't believe she knew at that time that her weight was an issue to them, and also, just because they are going out for pizza doesn't mean that she is going to eat it. Maybe she was going to get a salad or even have just a small piece. She has a small daughter and I thought the moment was sweet- kids love pizza and ice cream!  I think it would be way, way worse if she passed on some crazy food obsessions to her child. Maybe she had promised the outing to her after the competition, or it was her daugher's idea that they had planned together as a way to celebrate. I guess I am alone, but I thought it was very natural and loving. 

Charlotte has never looked so good! I always thought she was very icy and stiff, but she is looking way better than in previous years and her attitude is much softer and less clinical. I am liking her a lot now! 

I wish they would explain the cuts more. I was pretty shocked, with the exception of Ray Lee. She didn't look that good to me, not sure why. 

Cersetn's solo looked wonderful!! Her energy reminded me of Jackie Bob or Sasha Agent- they all had/have some kind of pop that is really eye catching and makes me excited and energized. I personally prefer it more than the softer dances, because I can see what they can bring to the field. 

Lastly, I like Maddie but I don't think she is that great. I thought her solo has a lot of elements from her previous ones, and that she has some signature moves she does over and over again. I think she is fine but I don't think she is a standout. I guess that is why they have so many- some appeal to others and some to not. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I couldn't agree more. She looks like a chipmunk and her voice is a little squeaky like one too

I can agree with your assessment plus I noticed both Allie and Heather had overbites that had not been fixed through DCC.  It was interesting to see Heather clicking her fingers together at the end of girls being called into TC with her DCC pinkie ring flashing.

One thing I did notice that Charlotte, Kelli, and Judy all wore a plain color that was flattering.  Charlotte wore one age appropriate and longer in length.  Kelli wore a great dress with details on the sleeves that was hugging her body and I am sure it made her feel more comfortable.  Kudos to whoever helped with the styling.  Also Melissa actually wore what I would call an adult dress that was more in keeping with the rest of the judges.  Great look all around!

Edited by cherryblossom
Add something I forgot
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Calicocats said:

The fashion shows have always been at Belk, I believe, to the person interested in Judy's dress.

Brianna NJ- WHY????  She is so far behind the usual 18 year old who makes it (Jenna or Mia or someone along those lines).  She's not exciting to watch.  She's a good dancer in her own right, but not at DCC style, and her kicks are really bad.  Just don't get that one.  Seems to be an obvious cut- maybe they think if they take her and cut her this year, it will give her a better shot at next year?  If she makes the team, I will be blown away.

Dayton- girlfriend, lie!  I didn't vote either, but depending on the company where I'm asked, I will lie and say I did.  At that point, everything was working against her.  It might not help to have one right answer, but it would be one less negative.  Hope she comes back next year.

Kaitlyn was good- it was just a makeover.  Agree she needed an exit interview.  Didn't realize she didn't make it until I came here.  I didn't see any reason she wouldn't and assumed she did.

Tasha- I'm going to be blunt here- I think in this situation, it kind of helps that no one expects Tasha to be really smart.  She's not an Amy T or Cersten.  Maybe they gave her a pass based on that?  Idk.  I never really noticed Tasha either way, not a fan nor do I dislike her- to me she is average and her beauty is downplayed by too much makeup.  But for whatever reason, she definetly got a pass, where others didn't.  Ally (fave) is very intelligent and well spoken- just had some weight issues.  Poor Ally.  Just wasn't in the cards for the girl.  Hope she becomes a dentist like she mentioned last season.  Heather- don't get that cut either.  I was expecting to see some colossal screw up and saw a little blunder.  Rayleigh, to me, always blended.  Poor girl ran out of there- she must have been devastated.  Simone was a good interview- very sincere.  For a minute there I thought they cut her and my blood was boiling!

Lacey- too muscular, but some of the girls' abs (while hell- I salute their hard work) look way too muscular.  I guess it's okay for abs?  At least they cut her now and didn't pull a Vivian.  Starvation is really the only way to lose muscle mass if you're a muscular person.  I would know.  Overall, I liked Lacey and wouldn't mind a bit of diversity in body type on the team.

Jets girls made it!  I like them!  I like Alexandra, but she's got to get great really soon.

Alexandria doesn't have the look?  What judge said that????

YAYYYYY IF ASHTON IS BACK

Regarding diversity with the new TCCs - I noticed the same thing.  I "think" only 1 TCC is black (a girl they never really showed or interviewed on camera).  I also noticed 1 new Asian (Japanese?) TCC.  I don't want th m to take unqualified TCCs just for more diversity (like Alexandra a few seasons ago and Amy last season) but it's great when you see excellent, diverse cheerleaders be successful.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dccfanatic said:

Loved this episode and watched it twice. Dayton was the biggest flop ever. If she weren't someone with a legacy, she would have been treated much worse, I think- look at what they did to Kelsey, for example. Despite how terrible she did, Charlotte went to bat for her in the deliberations. I thought it was very kind of her, but at the same time, they are all over the map in my opinion with the exceptions they make for certain people. Kat with her dress was slashed to smithereens, but Dayton was treated much better, despite her excruciating interview and lackluster dancing. 

Felt so bad for Holly with her mishap and when she was crying. That is so humiliating and hard to recover from, but man did she ever with those kicks!!!!!!! They were utterly flawless!! I loved when they showed her face just before the kick line began and she put her chin up and smiled. It was inspiring! She is so above everyone else with kicks. Even though Lacey's were as high (maybe), they were not as pretty and stunning as Holly's. I am so surprised that people above were commenting on her "pushing" her teammates away initially. People react to things differently and I think I would have been the same. The shock and terror of it all, you don't even know what just happened- you just want to run. I don't think she was rejecting anyone- she just could not comprehend what happened to her. I thought her reaction with crying and with Kitty was very sincere. I love Holly and make no apologies! I think she is the best thing to have happened to the DCC in a long time. 

I don't care one way or the other about Tasha, but I don't think she looked big at all. I think KaShara looked much bigger. I am also surprised by some about her comment about the pizza. First of all, I don't believe she knew at that time that her weight was an issue to them, and also, just because they are going out for pizza doesn't mean that she is going to eat it. Maybe she was going to get a salad or even have just a small piece. She has a small daughter and I thought the moment was sweet- kids love pizza and ice cream!  I think it would be way, way worse if she passed on some crazy food obsessions to her child. Maybe she had promised the outing to her after the competition, or it was her daugher's idea that they had planned together as a way to celebrate. I guess I am alone, but I thought it was very natural and loving. 

Charlotte has never looked so good! I always thought she was very icy and stiff, but she is looking way better than in previous years and her attitude is much softer and less clinical. I am liking her a lot now! 

I wish they would explain the cuts more. I was pretty shocked, with the exception of Ray Lee. She didn't look that good to me, not sure why. 

Cersetn's solo looked wonderful!! Her energy reminded me of Jackie Bob or Sasha Agent- they all had/have some kind of pop that is really eye catching and makes me excited and energized. I personally prefer it more than the softer dances, because I can see what they can bring to the field. 

Lastly, I like Maddie but I don't think she is that great. I thought her solo has a lot of elements from her previous ones, and that she has some signature moves she does over and over again. I think she is fine but I don't think she is a standout. I guess that is why they have so many- some appeal to others and some to not. 

I'm so lukewarm on Maddie.  Cute girl, great dancer, but where's the beauty or sex appeal?  She's not the total package in my opinion....

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ReneeK said:

I'm so lukewarm on Maddie.  Cute girl, great dancer, but where's the beauty or sex appeal?  She's not the total package in my opinion....

I feel the same way. I was really rooting for her last year, and I thought she killed it. But she hasn't really grown on me. I hate saying that because it's bitchy, but that's how I feel! 

• Love 2

I'm not really into lyrical routines, so I'm not good at judging them, but Katelynn's routine doesn't seem too bad. Personally, I think it is kind of boring, but that's just my taste. She does have technique though 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, sATL said:

I would select Rainer for a hairstyle/makeover.  His studio had the best hairstyles in my opinion.  Sometimes Kelli is not the best person to select color etc.  Madelyn came back a new person but they did not give her that look during her 1st makeover.  The hair may have been too black to really change in 1 day, but they could have done a better job on her makeup.   

Christine's hair is great.  That really changed her whole look.  I think they now have let it grow a little longer but losing the bounce of the loose curl should not happen!

Still love Holly!  She makes the whole team work harder to keep up with her.  Wah 

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DragonFlyzz said:

I'm really disappointed that Katelynn from LSU didn't make it into training camp.  Christina is proof that a new cut and color can do wonders for your looks.  While I have nothing against Christina it bites that she gets another shot at training camp when her field performance and kicks don't look much better than in previous seasons.  Why not give some newbies like Katelynn a shot?  You can add me to the list of those puzzled by NJ Brianna's selection.   I wasn't wowed by her dancing, she didn't come off as particularly outgoing during her panel interview, and her kicks flat out sucked.  Color me confused.

But she looks darned good in the uniform (at least it looks like it to me in her photo that was posted).

1 hour ago, ReneeK said:

Regarding diversity with the new TCCs - I noticed the same thing.  I "think" only 1 TCC is black (a girl they never really showed or interviewed on camera).  I also noticed 1 new Asian (Japanese?) TCC.  I don't want th m to take unqualified TCCs just for more diversity (like Alexandra a few seasons ago and Amy last season) but it's great when you see excellent, diverse cheerleaders be successful.

Wanted to like Brianna, but she wasn't great- just good.  Can't pick girls just for diversity's sake- I agree.  Maybe she will come back great next season?

• Love 4

Glad Dayton didn't make the cut, she was nowhere near good enough. Her dancing was unimpressive and it seemed like the best comments the judges could make were excuses as to why she was stressed. ALL the girls were stressed and had stuff they were dealing with. Glad she didn't make it just because of her mom (who shouldn't have been on the sidelines or in the room for cuts. Were other family members allowed for other contestants?)

Didn't care if people screwed up politics questions. This was a highly contentious and controversial election. A LOT of people didn't vote or tuned out because of the ugliness. I'm surprised they asked so many questions about politics, rather than just focus on football stuff. 

I didn't even realize Katlyn didn't make it until I came to this board. I guess I wasn't paying attention and just assumed. Didn't hear a negative thing about her (except she needed a makeover) and she seemed ahead of most of the others with technique, power, kicks, and routine. Head scratcher. 

Another post mentioned people were split on Holly. Anyone know about this? She's not my fave, but she's a great cheerleader. I'm not sure what conflict could be with her. 

If I go back and look, I'll probably agree with other posters about ppl who were cut/not cut. It did seem like the overall talent was pretty high this season, so maybe these decisions were coin flips. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Calicocats said:

Wanted to like Brianna, but she wasn't great- just good.  Can't pick girls just for diversity's sake- I agree.  Maybe she will come back great next season?

Agree. She got out danced. I just hate that she had to give up being on TN-Titans.  Brianna seemed to also be a little down with her cardio training. Her stamina was a getting low in semi's . Maybe she was coming off an injury. I too hope she uses this past audition season as a dress rehearsal and maybe try out for the Ice Angels ( I think that is where Vivian went to) or the Mavericks. and keep up her dance training - like high kicks.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Calicocats said:

4 hours ago, ReneeK said:

But you guys, Jenn told the vets that there was a lot of diversity in the TCCs this year: "There are blondes who are good dancers! There are brunettes who are good dancers! There are redheads who are good dancers!"

If you want to see a dance team with diversity and dance technique (as in center split leaps, turning split leaps, etc. in their routines), check out the LA Clippers Dance Squad show that was on E! last year. In addition to the usual blondes, brunettes, and redheads, their team had dancers of different races/ethnicities so their team photo wasn't like oh, hey, there's the one Asian girl and the one Black girl!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
added link to team photos
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Preity said:

I'm not really into lyrical routines, so I'm not good at judging them, but Katelynn's routine doesn't seem too bad. Personally, I think it is kind of boring, but that's just my taste. She does have technique though 

I agree with you - solid tricks too. They clearly liked it enough to feature the routine on social media, and we know her kicks are gorgeous, so I wonder if she's too noodly on the field. She wouldn't be the first technically trained dancer with gorgeous kicks to not make the team for sure. Maybe she needs a good year of hip hop and power Pom? I sure hope so, because I was SO BUMMED she didn't make it. Her and Lacey both, and they would have brought some diversity too. 

I really liked Titans Brianna, so I hope she hits the cardio to get her stamina up and comes back. But she's also got a thicker and petite gymnast type body, so might be hard to look great in the uniform and have enough leg above the boot? Muscular legs might struggle with flexibility too, but she's got time to work on that and change her workouts. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Glad Dayton didn't make the cut, she was nowhere near good enough. Her dancing was unimpressive and it seemed like the best comments the judges could make were excuses as to why she was stressed. ALL the girls were stressed and had stuff they were dealing with. Glad she didn't make it just because of her mom (who shouldn't have been on the sidelines or in the room for cuts. Were other family members allowed for other contestants?)

Didn't care if people screwed up politics questions. This was a highly contentious and controversial election. A LOT of people didn't vote or tuned out because of the ugliness. I'm surprised they asked so many questions about politics, rather than just focus on football stuff. 

I didn't even realize Katlyn didn't make it until I came to this board. I guess I wasn't paying attention and just assumed. Didn't hear a negative thing about her (except she needed a makeover) and she seemed ahead of most of the others with technique, power, kicks, and routine. Head scratcher. 

Another post mentioned people were split on Holly. Anyone know about this? She's not my fave, but she's a great cheerleader. I'm not sure what conflict could be with her. 

If I go back and look, I'll probably agree with other posters about ppl who were cut/not cut. It did seem like the overall talent was pretty high this season, so maybe these decisions were coin flips. 

Totally agree with you about the politics part. I think that knowing some basic things is appropriate, but I don't think that someone has to know all of the detailed nuances. Some people are obsessed with politics, and some are not. I think basic, neutral questions are fine but I agree that the main focus should be the football and the team and what someone's personal experience or background is that makes them a good potential part of the team. It really is not Kelli's business if someone voted or not. I think that is going too far, although it did make Dayton look even worse than she already did and I think was the nail in the coffin for her. Kelli DID NOT APPROVE!! LOL at her face and eyes when they did a close up! 

Edited by Dccfanatic
Grammar! Typing too fast