Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Finals

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

The veterans from past competitions are introduced into the audition process, and all of the remaining women are subjected to a panel interview by the judges, a solo dancing performance, and a review of their physical presence on the field. 

A general reminder about spoilers: The episode topic is spoiler free. Discuss only what was seen in the episode. Adding spoilers from knowledge gleaned from spoilers social media or rumors is not permitted in episode topics. In that spirit, don't hint spoilers either. There is more than one place to talk about the current goings-on. The spoiler free episode topic is a place for those that want to watch and talk about the episode and just the episode. You have myriad places to speak about spoilers. It's only fair that spoiler free people have a place to talk without it being ruined by hints & innuendo. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

I got the impression Erica was injured during training camp but that's just spec on my part. It definitely looks like she did a solo though.

Show Group auditions was at the end of June and she wasn't able to try out due to injury... so it was early on in TC.

Edited by Tootie
ETA: And Erica did receive a barbie this year...
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, tootiejr34 said:

Wait I thought show group auditions were at the beginning of september???? someone help me out 

No they have them during training camp. Usually end of June after groups are announced. 

Edited by HowdeeDo

Lmfao!! Kitty practiced that intro. That was so extra. I love/hate her comments. I don't think she's been wrong yet in her critics. I find myself always agreeing with her.

JACIEEEEE

I liked Yuko doing the combination. Sue me.

DAYTON!!! ?? girl!!! That interview! I'm floored. 

I really want Brianna to be more exciting.

• Love 5

Episode thoughts part 1

Most of the solos at Kitty's looked good. Nothing "Trainwreck" worthy.

Jenn K and Jacie, my heart. Good on JennK to give the Vets an honest warning about incoming girls. 

Like the side-by-side view they used again from last season. 

Kelsey looked great.

Dayton obviously is nervous and I hate that it showed. 

Tasha's makeup is too heavy and tan looks dark.

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3

Thought part 2

Lauren's curled hair looks like pasta salad noodles #randomanalogy

Anthony. Ramos. Adds. Nothing. To. This. Process.

Neil. McCoy. Adds. Nothing. To. This. Process.

Gina is adorable, reminds me of Tobie.

Surprised Yuko is classified as a "favorite" but I'll take it

• Love 11

Yuko is still cute. Continue to sue me, lol. 

Calling her "Maddie" isn't going to help with making her less cute this season. With hat said, I love her.

FANTASTIC CUT BEFORE A COMMERICAL. 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS CERSTEN. I'm SHOOK.

Edited by tajalexander
Modified for Cersten appreciation
  • Love 10

These poor veterans showing up with noticeable weight gain. Oy vey--they have to be so afraid because you know THEY KNOW. My heart breaks for them because they probably DID try to amp up their fitness. 

Yikes on the interviews. Don't say you're a diehard fan and not be a fan which is short for fanatic. 

Holly, your kicks are so damn beautiful!!!!

• Love 4

Do we really think heather, Rayleigh, and Allie smiled all the way through that? Unfortunate editing?

Just now, beachespeaches said:

Do the finalists get to keep those outfits?

I think I remember reading somewhere that they do. 

• Love 3

Don't cry Shelly! Dayton just needs more time.

I do want to see Alexandra on the team, her kicks are just low and she may need some experience on a pro team before DCC (not sure if she's done pro-teams before)

Allie's smile looks scary after cuts, not sure if it was just bad editing. Raylee looked like she ran out of there. 

• Love 4

I don't like Holly much but those were pretty kicks. Oh Dayton, I want to hug you. Nerves got to her and a lack of current events. Love Kelsey even more. I cant believe they kept Tasha over Heather. I think Charlotte just doesnt like her. Tasha is heavier, she had a bad interview, and she had no power. Uggghhhhh. I like Alexandria an another one I forgot.

• Love 6

Okay. When I say this I am only talking about judging their dance technique compared to the veterans and other dancers. They all seem like super nice people. With that said....

Brianna from NJ? And Rachel? The can't kick crew? REALLY???? Smh. 

Tasha--even with the interview? Really??? I don't understand. 

I understand the others. Wow. Shook, to quote the young peoples. 

I hope my Nashville Briana comes back. She is my DCc fantasy pick for next year lol 

1 minute ago, LaurelleJ said:

Do we really think heather, Rayleigh, and Allie smiled all the way through that? Unfortunate editing?

I was wondering about that! Like, I was concerned someone was going to snap but then I read what you said and that is my hope--it was bad editing. Not a moment of losing it. 

• Love 5
Just now, LadyMsJay said:

I honestly think Allie wasn't selected because of her body. 

I think she already wasn't the ideal mold for the uniform. I remember them calling her boxey, and those irks don't usually make the team but they kept Allie. But I guess looking soft and boxey is a nonstarter.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LadyMsJay said:

I honestly think Allie wasn't selected because of her body. 

I think I remember them thinking she was "square" in her rookie year, so added weight I don't think helped her cause. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I think she already wasn't the ideal mold for the uniform. I remember them calling her boxey, and those irks don't usually make the team but they kept Allie. But I guess looking soft and boxey is a nonstarter.

2 minutes ago, Durfette said:

I think I remember them thinking she was "square" in her rookie year, so added weight I don't think helped her cause. 

..And the calendar shoot certainly didn't help

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Tasha: "Should we go home and eat pizza and ice cream?"

YOU JUST BARELY MADE IT FOR WEIGHT TASHA YOU HAD ONE JOB.

Hahahaha. Right. I didnt like her before but to know she was kept after commiting the no no trifecta and over my girl... she on the list with Tayor from season 6 as most annoying person of the show.

Just now, KYwildcat said:

Idk I'm just underwhelmed by the episodes this season. Like they are longer but we aren't getting much more out of them. I was almost bored. 

I loved the longer look at finals. They could keep prelims and semis together.

• Love 5

Also, I really hope the 3 vets that were cut were made aware by Kelli and Judy beforehand that there were issues. Especially little Heather. One miss in the kick line was not enough to cut her over. If it was a looks issue, they shouldn't have taken her last year either. 

• Love 10

Kitty – I really could have done without the stupid chair throw.

Lauren (also a nurse!) is my newfound favorite.  She's incredible.

Kalyssa – yeah, good luck with that whole girl-next-door look.  She dances great, but I can’t get past the overtly entitled attitude.  And I friggin HATE when Neil gets all creepster with the sexier girls.  He can go away forever as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, Dayton.  Not impressed AT ALL.  She definitely has some growing up to do.  I get that she's only 19, but compare her mannerisms to Briana (who’s even younger) and the difference is night and day.  Briana’s solo was breathtaking.  I can see why she made it through despite her atrocious kicks.  She’s their “project.”

Kelsey’s green dress at interviews was GORGEOUS.  I’m so glad that she made a joke out of “50-yard line” and they didn’t show the previous clips ad nauseam.  And the few seconds we saw of her solo….wow!

You can tell that Tasha has gained weight and her tone of voice just sounds snotty to me.  She should have been cut, period.

Isn’t Jenna’s costume a recycled costume of Erica’s from her rookie year tryout?  Say what you want about Jenna’s attitude and such (and I’m not the biggest fan either), but the girl has the moves.  So does Holly.

Christina is not any better.  Still boring, and still making excuses for her kicks.

Lacey crying, and her father crying with her, broke my heart.  I don’t think she’s ever going to get there after hearing the comments made about her build.  It’s a shame – I really liked her.

And the highlights for next episode....ASHTON!!!  Love her!

• Love 13

I wanted Katelyn, Lacey, and Briana (Titans) to make it, and I don't think Brianna from NJ should have made it with kicks that bad. 

Holly's kicks were gorgeous, and it at least seemed like she had completed a good bit of her solo by the time her top came down. 

Loved the snippets of Cersten and Kashara. 

Dayton seems sweet, but she kind of seemed like a disaster. Hopefully, she will come back stronger next year. 

I understood the cuts for Heather and Allie, but Raylee.... reminded me of when they got rid of Meghan so many years ago, and just like with Raylee, Charlotte also seemed to be the one pushing it.

I honestly wasn't super impressed with the clips of Alexandria that we saw. 

Loved Holly's kicks! WOW!!  Just Amazing! And she walked off the dance floor keeping a slight smile and professional walk until she got off!  Way to go!  I am glad they invited her first into training camp....but....time will tell what happened.  Sigh!  Nice to see Kitty there to hug her.  

There is no reason Briana should have made it into training camp. Sorry.

Loved Christina's hair and looking forward to seeing her in training camp.

Love Lauren, hair and all!

Charlotte looks beautiful this season!  

My heart is still sad about Holly.

• Love 6

Dayton seems extremely immature... sorry not sorry. Not only did she absolutely bomb her interview but she seemed as they say "disinterested." 

When Kalyssa said she didn't know who the First Lady was they came back with crazy hard questions like "who is the XYZ of the FBI..." didn't even know what they asked her lol! 

When Dayton said she didn't know... "what are some patriotic songs that you think represent our country?"  Okay nvm what else can we ask... "Did you vote?" Okay nvm maybe she's not old enough.... "how old are you?" 

You cant blame nerves for not voting. 

• Love 19

I am SO annoyed. 

Briana: has the LOWEST kicks ever. Literally 90 degrees. Has a blah Interview. No personality. And gets in

Tasha. They make a comment on her weight, she screws up the interview, her solo is eh, and SHE makes it into TC

Katelyn: LSU girl, they have nothing but good things to say about her. Killer solo. They just want to fix her hair. She doesn't make it

Heather H: no comments on interview. AMAZING solo that the judges made comments on in deliberation. The only thing was she messed up the kick line but only on the first count. Her kicks are def a little low but that's it and in my opinion, could be improved. And yet she doesn't make it and Tasha does?????

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, KYwildcat said:

Idk I'm just underwhelmed by the episodes this season. Like they are longer but we aren't getting much more out of them. I was almost bored. 

6 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I loved the longer look at finals. They could keep prelims and semis together.

This is how I feel. I love this show and love that it's back. I think prelims and semis should have stayed its own episode. Usually the show really starts for me once they get to training camp so I think next week will be amazing. Did I see/hear Ashton Torres? Yaaaay. 

• Love 7