Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Finals

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Wow, Dayton's interview gave me secondhand embarrassment. She couldn't name a single member of the President's cabinet, she couldn't name one patriotic song (if you say you're thinking of a song but can't think of the title, throw out some of the lyrics), AND she didn't vote, ugh. If she had bombed one of those questions, I would have chalked it up to inexperience or nervousness but all three? NOPE. I wasn't impressed with her solo or her costume (I feel like Kitty would have told anyone else to lose that costume).

Tasha's interview was terrible too. You don't even need to know about politics to know who Sean Spicer is. That's just pop culture at this point - all the SNL skits with Melissa McCarthy, the Simpsons meme with him disappearing into the bushes, etc. have been all over the internet for MONTHS. I'm surprised that she made it back considering her dismal interview and how much her weight gain was mentioned.

Charlotte's attitude about how being a DCC is a privilege is classic sorority attitude ("You have to EARN your letters!").

I had to laugh when Jenn told the vets how much diversity was in the TCCs - "there are blondes, there are brunettes, there are redheads." Apparently in Texas, diversity = hair color.

9 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Kitty – I really could have done without the stupid chair throw.

That was so unnecessary. Typical overdramatic crap. I laughed when she said Kalyssa needed to get rid of the choker and the rhinestone armband so that she would look more girl next door. In the overall scheme of things, the choreography was what needed to be changed in order to make her seem less sexy/more girl next door. I admit that costumes and accessories do make a little bit of difference in how you are perceived but let's be real - doing the same routine without the choker wasn't going to make Kalyssa suddenly seem wholesome.

9 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Say what you want about Jenna’s attitude and such (and I’m not the biggest fan either), but the girl has the moves.

Whatever Kelli and Judy's issues are with Jenna's attitude (which I don't know because I'm unspoiled), she can dance, she can perform, she's photogenic, and she has a beautiful face.

I love that Kristi Scales is always so determined to keep the vets from being cut. How many ended up being cut?

I appreciate that the hair guy was quick to jump in when some of the girls were criticized for not having the DCC look and point out when it would be an easy fix ("she just needs makeup").

I was surprised that they took back so many former TCCs. As Judy said, they don't like to take them back into TCC and then cut them again so do they really think that Brennan, Christina, and Celinda are three of the best TCCs this year?

• Love 9

Quick thoughts:

Love the new changes to the show but I miss seeing my old favorites in the intro ?

I know Holly is a polarizing DCC, but love her or hate her, DAMN that girl handled that SNAFU amazingly well.  To have the presence of mind to be able to recover so gracefully till she got off the floor .. wow.

I have no issue with the three vets cut and I think Tasha should have been axed as well.  A mediocre performer at best.

Of the new girls I am pulling for Patriots Alexandra and Lauren.  Savannah too because she's a cutie.  The rest, whatever. I'm not attached yet.

I have no clue why Brianna made it.  Bad kicks, bad on field dance and not that great looking to compensate for the other two short comings.  Also rolling my eyes at Christina - same old whining.  I would have much rather seen elegant Katelynn given a spot.

• Love 5

I really, really hope Katelyn tries out again next year! I agree that she is a beautiful dancer--one of the best of this audition season, I think. I think she's pretty, too, but needs to not only soften her hair color and style but also learn to soften her features with better makeup. She has very sharp facial features that are amplified by how thin she is (not saying she's too thin at all), the stark contrast between her hair and skin colors, and her makeup. She should go see Marshall (is that the hair guy's name?) this year and get some beauty consults and new hair style and color. I just loved her and think that her performance, work ethic, and personality would make her such a great team member. Chin up, Katelyn! 

• Love 9

Usually Kelly likes to have a makeup project or two, I'm so surprised Kayelynn didn't make it. Especially since they only took 44 instead of 45. I'm bummed for Lacey but not surprised, they've never liked muscles. I really liked her. I'm super disappointed they took Brianna with those low kicks. Be consistent! You hammer every year how much of a deal breaker low kicks are and then you take someone with the lowest kicks I've seen in 12 seasons. 

• Love 11

It was definitely a bummer not to see the LSU gal not make it.  She was great other than her look.   I get my hair cut, highlighted and styled at the same salon where Marshall is and anyone can make an appointment with any of the stylists.  My hairdresser is one that works with the DCC on camera (and off).    Disclaimer - I've been going there since I moved to Coppell and it is an Aveda salon and before there was any DCC association (or at least advertisement of such).  Wouldn't you think it would be worth going in for a consultation and cut/highlight/lowlight/weave/etc BEFORE auditions?   Marshall is a great stylist (I've watched him work across the salon over the years) but it is not an exclusive salon to get into.  Call and make an appointment.

Same for interviews.  Practice with people everywhere!  Church, Neighbors, Shopping, etc.   Get an interview coach like they do for pageants.  It is not that hard people!!!!

I also know another gal who made finals who was not shown for one moment on screen other than I did see her in a one group shot on the previous episode.  Not a shot at all last night...  I would be interested to see how they piece it all together.

• Love 4

Something is telling me that Jenn K is going to be with the DCC organization for a long time. Like, potential future choreographer/director. Just a feeling I get.

This was a fun episode, although I always want to see more of the solos and deliberation. Still want to be friends with Kashara and Yuko.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

If I were Katelyn I'd be pissed, only negative thing they had to say was "let's change her hair" but Tasha who can't put her shoe on the right foot and has a weight issue made it over her. 

Yeah, I thought she seemed like a shoo-in, just in need of a makeover.  The only thing I can think of that may have affected Katelyn was a poor recommendation from previous dance instructors/captains, etc.  I am NOT saying that was an issue for her!! I'm just saying that I've heard that does indeed factor in at times and if the girl is already borderline for some other reason (ie look)...it can make a difference. I dunno, that's the only thing I can think of with her! She was so fun to watch. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Preity said:

I don't get what's wrong with Lacey's  body? I know opinions differ a lot about appearance, but I definitely did not see her as masculine. I would have loved to see her inn training camp, she is one of my favorites this year... I also don't understand why Katelynn didn't make it. 

Kalyssa sure got a lot of screen time again. She is pretty and can dance, but I would have liked to see more of the other girls during tryouts than so much of her. I feel like she is all about promoting herself and it'll be interesting to see what she's like in training camp or if she really is a team player if she makes the squad. She definitely likes getting a lot of attention.

Gina was one of my favorites before the show started, now I'm not so sure. She is a great dancer, but I feel like she also kind of has this vibe like she's trying to get some spotlight by being a DCC to further her career. But it would be really unfair to judge her based on the 5 minutes of screen time she got, so I'll wait...

I wasn't a fan of Alexandria, but after this episode I do like her more, she did seem genuine and definitely everything they look for in a DCC.

I still don't understand the Heather cut. Sure, her mistake in the kick line was bad, but she seemed to recover and she seemed to have proven that she deserved to be on the team during the season, so it seems harsh to cut her. But who knows what really made them cut her, maybe there were more mistakes. Raylee got outdanced. I can understand that. she never stood out enough to me the year she made it and I don't think she changed much, but she did seem to become more glamorous and all over time, maybe just not fast enough. Allie did not look great, she had it tough to begin with with her bodytype. Tasha probably made it back because of her overall look. Say what you want about her, but she is stunning. 

Poor Dayton did not have the best final audition. But she has all the qualities to come back stronger next year.

I don't get the Brianna love, she would not have been my choice. Her kicks are bad, especially for someone who wanted to be a Rockette. She needs a makeover and she doesn't show much personality. And I'm not going to give her a pass for her young age, as other girls audition at 18 and bring more of everything to the table, in my opinion.  

Holly is a pro and handled her malfunction really well. She came across as really mature.

I loved what we could see of Cerstens solo! It looked like so much fun! 

I didn't get the issue with Lacey's body either?? She was nowhere near as ripped as some past girls like Morgan and her quads weren't 'huge'...she was one that baffled me for sure. Loved her and i hope she tries again. 

I will just say I am very curious to see how Gina is portrayed on the show this summer.  She certainly is an incredible dancer and performer! 

I think they were looking for reasons to maybe cut Heather h...I absolutely adore her but she looks even younger than Maddie and i wonder if that was an issue for them all year.  Kelli has never been a huge Raylee fan (same with Allie and her 'look'); I thought for sure they'd show some of her solo since it was very a la Jasmine the year she was cut. She is so pretty and I felt like she was well spoken in all the clips they showed.  I just feel bad for Allie because she's such a great dancer and her body type is her body type.  She can work on it but is at a disadvantage thru no fault of her own.  I was hoping to see her try out for another pro team this summer but maybe she just wants a break. 

Holly really did handle it so well and i loved seeing her kill her kicks on the field. The other girls in her group were probably like aw crap LOL 

• Love 4

ShellyB from one mother to another, my heart really felt for you when they were calling who made training camp.  Felt that way with our son in taekwondo competition.  I believe Dayton will be better prepared next year as she knows what to expect.

When it comes to what causes vets to be cut, clearly they have known what their problems are as Kelli and Judy talk to them in the weeks prior to auditions so they have knowledge then and perhaps they might have even suggested this wasn't a fit and a girl tries out anyways.  We just don't know what issues a vet has had throughout the entire season that negates her continuing with the team in addition to what we see at auditions.

Edited by cherryblossom
Forgot to add something
  • Love 1

I loved getting to know some of the TCC's beyond still photos online. I love Rachel from Plano, TX. I know this sounds crazy but Celinda reminded me a little like Drew Barrymore when she was being interviewed. 

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, cvogue said:

I don't understand Heather getting cut, either. I'm sad for her. I don't understand Briana making it to TC as well. 

I don't get it either, other Vets have been invited back to training camp for worse mistakes.

• Love 5

Thoughts on Finals:

1. Not combining prelims and semis into one episode was a terrible decision and it took away from the focus on real contenders. CMT had enough material to show the  beginning of training camp by this episode in fact, I remember season 7 which also was an extended season, actually had all 3 stages of auditions in the first episode which may have been a 2 hour premiere?  But anyway, we didn't have to wait 3 weeks to see TC start.

2. Love the 2nd batch of flight crew friends making the journey to Texas together and getting into TC together. They seem fun.

3.  When kitty Carter was talking to Miranda about costume and was screaming  'TA TAs    me--?that aside- I like her and think shes pretty 

Panel interviews 

1. Did Kalyssa really get confused and think they said the very FIRST first lady?

2. Brianna is to me a giant 9 year old, sweet but oh my did you see her chest almost break out in hives during the interview, so splotchy from nerves.

3. Lauren is very DCC likeable and reminds me of the earlier days DCC

4. Kelsey was stunning in that green dress.

5. Robert Shawbotch  LMAO     ?‍♀️

Solos 

1. They didn't show enough?

2. I am reserving any comments on Holly until I see more episodes 

3. So was Kelli the originator of "Ka Sexy?"

4 Rachel um - something about how she communicates and her mannerisms seemed uncomfortable to watch.

5. I thought Dayton's costume was flattering and beautiful on her figure. 

6.  How could they not show Amy L. solo?

Judging

1. Anthony Ramos has no business being a judge!

2. Kristi Scales was awesome standing up for the vets while M.R. throws Raylee under a bus!

3. I like that Neil was voting yes and saying good things about Lacey.

4. Not much focus on cut vets anymore, Allies frozen smile face was awkward 

5. Alexandria looks like she is strong willed and I was pleased to see her show emotion in the end.

6  Love me some Jacie She has a flawless face and a new hairstyle every time I see her.

7  ASHTON!!!!??

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

1. Did Kalyssa really get confused and think they said the very FIRST first lady?

I think she was trying to save her ass. She can't be that dumb.

"Who's the first lady?"

"Oh, you mean George Washington's wife"

wat

Either she just didn't want to say she didn't know who trump's wife was or her mind went blank

Edited by beachespeaches
  • Love 5

Why was Tasha saved after weight gain and bad interview. I do not think she is all that. I did not like her last year, and I still do not care for her at all. She reminds me of the one sister in Season 4 who left TC after Kelli called her into the office and said she was snotty and mannequin like. And lets go for pizza and ice cream after finals. Seriously...

I am not sad to see the three vets who were cut leave. Yes, get ready to throw something at me. I did not think Heather was cute and her teeth and smile bugs me for some reason. Raylee, in my opinion, should not have made the team in the first place because she seems like a blah dancer to me. And the few seconds they showed Kelsey dancing at vet practice does not convince me she has improved enough to stay on the team. I put her in the same league as Tasha (staying on the team because of her looks not because she is a rockstar DCC dancer.)

Katelyn with the right hair style and makeup could have been DCC ready. Did she have bad kicks? Christina, I like her solo, but her kicks are still bad. What happened to not bringing in girls with bad kicks into TC. I guess they need someone to cut in case her kicks are still bad and do not improve in TC.

Nice to see former DCCs coming in to work with the TC Candidates because Melissa R. still gets on my last nerves. Cannot wait to see which TC Candidates CMT will be hand picked to work with her because I am not buying the ole Melissa picks her favorites to work  with spiel.

Edited by bigskygirl
55 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Thoughts on Finals:

1. Not combining prelims and semis into one episode was a terrible decision and it took away from the focus on real contenders. CMT had enough material to show the  beginning of training camp by this episode in fact, I remember season 7 which also was an extended season, actually had all 3 stages of auditions in the first episode which may have been a 2 hour premiere?  But anyway, we didn't have to wait 3 weeks to see TC start.

So much this. I loved the format of season 7 when they combined everything into one 2hour episode. I don't understand why they put so much focus on girls who won't even make it past the first round. The ones who make it to semis are the ones who usually are able to come back the next year. There are so many girls who make it to finals and are not even mentioned. We got three years of Kelsey before she made the team, but had no idea who Kelli Q was until last year and she's a rockstar. This was Alexandra's 3rd time and we just met her. 

My early favorite is Lauren. She is adorable. Im so sad about katelyn and especially Lacey. I thought Lacey was just too cute. I hope both come back next year, along with Brianna and Alexandra. Luckily for me at this point the rookies are not sticking in my brain even though I've seen the list so I can still root for them. 

Still scratching my head about Tasha , heather h and Allie. unfortunately for allie I think they were always looking for an excuse and that's not fair. To someone who saw her, was she really a bit heavier this year? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cheertator said:

Ughhhh DAYTON. DAYTON DAYTON DAYTON. 

She should have just lied and said she voted

No--I have a feeling she is very honest.  Lies always catch up with you somehow.   You teach your children to be truthful and suffer the consequences.   To me it's just one of life's lessons,

• Love 9

* Dayton bombed badly, however she is young and will come back stronger next year

*Kalyssa can get off my tv any time now

*Love Savannah and Tara from the Jets

*Tasha should not have made it back 

*Cersten.....Damn girl. Work it.

*Anthony Ramos, you are irrelevant

*Gina seems to be entitled. That is all.

*Brianna shouldnt have made TC...Shes plain,vanilla, and horrid kicks.

*Love seeing Jacie....Go away Jenn k

• Love 6

I actually love Anthony Ramos.  He's charismatic and brings a fresh take. He covers style/fashion on Access Hollywood so let's not act surprised when he comments on what the girls are wearing. At this point if the audition process, he brings more to the table than some of the other judges, like Mickey Spagnola. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

I actually love Anthony Ramos.  He's charismatic and brings a fresh take. He covers style/fashion on Access Hollywood so let's not act surprised when he comments on what the girls are wearing. At this point if the audition process, he brings more to the table than some of the other judges, like Mickey Spagnola. 

He didn't bother me this episode. I will say that I appreciate how Anthony seems to care about a lot of the girls, even after they are cut, etc.  He still comments really kind things to little Heather :) 

I was just happy to see Jay back! I know I'm in the minority with that but I really like Jay.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I am not sad to see the three vets who were cut leave. Yes, get ready to throw something at me. I did not think Heather was cute and her teeth and smile bugs me for some reason. Raylee, in my opinion, should not have made the team in the first place because she seems like a blah dancer to me. And the few seconds they showed Kelsey dancing at vet practice does not convince me she has improved enough to stay on the team. I put her in the same league as Tasha (staying on the team because of her looks not because she is a rockstar DCC dancer.)

Katelyn with the right hair style and makeup could have been DCC ready. Did she have bad kicks? Christina, I like her solo, but her kicks are still bad. What happened to not bringing in girls with bad kicks into TC. I guess they need someone to cut in case her kicks are still bad and do not improve in TC.

Katelyn's kicks were actually amazing, right on par with Vet Lacey.  Long, slim legs and enough power to kick her own face.  I am truly baffled by her cut.

I'm with you on the three vets - Raylee I was most surprised on, since Heather still has uber baby face (though I think she's cute) and Allie had gained weight.  Raylee is right there with Simone for me (absolutely fine but still in the bottom quartile,) but I would pick Simone of the two because she has a different look.  They probably have a rookie or two than can make into a redhead this year, plus they kept Savvanah for TC and she's a strawberry blonde.  

Audition Lacey was tagged by a friend on her pic from solos on Facebook last night, and seemed very sweet in her response.  I wanted to tell her that I cried right along with her, but she might not understand our brand of love and crazy.  I sure do hope she comes back and doesn't change A THING about her figure.  Stephanie is fitness model buff (usually) and I don't feel like it's been an issue.

• Love 5

I usually cringe at Neal, but he didn't bother me much in this episode. He seemed to be the only one (who was shown) that thought Lacey's body was fine, which it is. 

Of every year I have watched, this year I may have had the most WTF reaction to those who did and didn't make it in. Katelyn and Lacey don't make it in for looks/body, while Brianna who has horrid kicks and makes it in. I don't get the big deal with Celinda either. She's boring. And while I can see why Briana didn't make it in, I didn't think her kicks were any weaker than Christina's (who I don't dislike btw). Likewise, I'm one of the ones who likes Tasha, but she bombed her interview and was out of shape, yet she makes it back of Raylee and Heather. Yeah, ok. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

Did anyone else notice Holly pushing away her teammates when they came over to console her? 

I did notice that, but my only thought was "ooooh, I totally do that too!  Nothing worse than being consoled when you're just trying to hold your shit together."  She was probably trying to choke down her tears and the blood rushing up to her face in embarrasment, and the sympathly made it feel worse.  Extra attention when you just got the worst type of attention is hard to deal with even when you know others mean well.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

When it comes to what causes vets to be cut, clearly they have known what their problems are as Kelli and Judy talk to them in the weeks prior to auditions so they have knowledge then and perhaps they might have even suggested this wasn't a fit and a girl tries out anyways.  We just don't know what issues a vet has had throughout the entire season that negates her continuing with the team in addition to what we see at auditions.

I kinda wonder if some of the vets that end up being "cut" had already decided not to try out again, but in order to amp up the drama for the show, Kelli asks them to "try out" so she can cut them.  Especially the ones Kelli (or whoever) classifies as "overweight."  Those girls know damn well how strict they are about such things - I just don't think they'd half ass it into auditions with an extra 5-10 lbs, or without perfect muscle tone if they were trying out for real.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I am not sad to see the three vets who were cut leave. Yes, get ready to throw something at me. I did not think Heather was cute and her teeth and smile bugs me for some reason. 

I couldn't agree more. She looks like a chipmunk and her voice is a little squeaky like one too

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I did notice that, but my only thought was "ooooh, I totally do that too!  Nothing worse than being consoled when you're just trying to hold your shit together."  She was probably trying to choke down her tears and the blood rushing up to her face in embarrasment, and the sympathly made it feel worse.  Extra attention when you just got the worst type of attention is hard to deal with even when you know others mean well.

I thought the same thing until she ran to Kitty. Then I remembered how I get the vibe that she strategically uses people. Oh well, she will get ahead in the world someday just not in a way that makes me admire her. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I was actually bothered they showed Holly's costume malfunction--there's no need to humiliate someone like that on national TV, especially when they get so much crap for "risqué" photos. Granted, accidents compared to questionable modeling and weekend lifestyles are not the same thing at all. But I still feel like CMT is violating them in some way. This is going to be a YouTube mess. Poor Holly. All they had to do was mention it in a talking head and keep moving. No need to show America's Sweetheart have a total FML moment. So sad! 

Since she was okay with it being shown, I don't have an issue with it.

3 hours ago, beachespeaches said:

I think she was trying to save her ass. She can't be that dumb.

"Who's the first lady?"

"Oh, you mean George Washington's wife"

wat

Either she just didn't want to say she didn't know who trump's wife was or her mind went blank

I honestly think she was nervous.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Okay - I was actually very underwhelmed by this episode.  Has to be one of the least-talented auditioning/returning vet classes in a long time IMO. 

Brianna has good technique and placement, but lacks flexibility in her legs.  Personality wise she seems very reserved and timid.  Think she made it into TC cause she is beautiful and cried in her interview, and they are optimistic they can fix her kicks.

Christina - ugh!   Poor kicks still, boring/clunky/powerless dancing, and still crying and whining in interviews.  How on earth did she make it to TC - because of her shorter hair?

That whole interview scene w/ Kalyssa was weird - so they ask her who is the First Lady and she doesn't know, then they ask her who the president is and she says trump, then they ask her the FBI director and she knows the name of the guy who was fired (not sure he still would have been the director at that time, but who knows)... Then when they call her out for not knowing the First Lady when she knew Comey, she said she thought they meant the first First Lady?   Then why didn't she answer George Washington to the president question?  It just doesn't make sense.   Regardless, w/ the lack of good candidates this year she's got to be a shoe in due to her looks and figure alone - so I don't think she has much to worry about...

Weird about Heather H. - besides for that wrong way kick thing, what was the reasoning behind cutting her?   But then they keep Tasha after a bad interview and weight issues?   Raylee and Ally seemed to be more justified.   Raylee is so young - remember how she came right out of high school and here she is already cut from DCC at only 20 years old.

Oh well, that's all for now.  This whole episode just seemed really rushed and just wasn't as good as it usually is IMO.

I totally agree with Christina and Brianna. Brianna needs work on every single aspect of being a dcc. I kinda get giving a candidate a chance to let's say fix her kicks, but there was no way Brianna could fix her awful kicks, become powerful AND gain confidence in just two months. At least she can't be good enough to become "top 36". But I also can't excuse Christina because she had three years to fix her kicks. She should have been 1000% ready as a comeback girl.

Kalyssa just tried to save face. I can't believe Kelli really fell for that. If anything,  thinking that "who IS the first lady" means who was the wife of the very first president makes her sound more stupid than just admitting she didn't know. Or she could have said that she just blanked and can't remember her name.

i'm not a fan of Heather's look, but i'm so mad they decided to cut her after a year, especially since Kelli thought she was good enough to give her a special mention last episode. I don't buy the "there were so many beautiful rookies so we chose them over her". Stunning girls end up being cut at finals every year, and yet Heather was able to make the team last year.

Plus I think Tara (??) looks like a slightly cuter, blonde version of Heather. Why bring in a new "cute but not sexy, kinda reserved" candidate when you already have one?

And I think simone's comments were on point. EVERY year they have at least one girl who blends in, is a struggler and eventually either quits after one season or get cut. I get being cut for mistakes and weight gain, but Heather and Raylee were good, they have proved themselves and they were already part of the team. They shouldn't cut a vet like Raylee just to open up a spot for another struggler.

5 hours ago, bunny said:

Something is telling me that Jenn K is going to be with the DCC organization for a long time. Like, potential future choreographer/director. Just a feeling I get.

This was a fun episode, although I always want to see more of the solos and deliberation. Still want to be friends with Kashara and Yuko.

I definitely agree! I'm a huge JennK fan, but I don't think they've ever shown another vet teaching and giving feedback etc- which does happen every year. I actually loved seeing her teaching and I believe she would make a great future choreographer and even director for the dccs. Kelli may be far from retiring, but she better start training people to take over and give fans time to warm up to them.

Oh and as for Dayton, I truly wanted to like her... but I feel she had no excuse for being that bad. Her interview was terrible, even though she had an advantage over the other girls. She already knew Kelli and Judy and that should have taken some pressure off. And she should have been better prepared. I don't think her dancing was that good either but since it was a last minute decision to audition, I get that she wasn't really prepared. I'm sure she can kill it next year if she takes the time to prepare.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 4

- Dayton may have only focused on her dancing.  Now she knows.

- Brianna, Carissa (Titans gal - I am screwing up names) body was not DCC ready...I never heard any of the judges say anything about that.  If she slimmed down, she might have a chance next year.

- I could watch 2 hours of the finals.  Prelims, semis and finals are my favorite part of the show...we see more dancing during these episodes than we do in the rest of the series. They gave an hour to each.  Thank you producers.

- Kelsey’s green dress was spectacular.  

- There is always a bit of give away on this show as to a vet that doesn’t make it to training camp.  She is always interviewed before the axe falls.

- Music to the combination taught this year sucked.  They couldn’t get a decent song cleared for tv?

- I wonder if KaShara will be point this year.  I hope so. She’s really fun and funny.

- Brianna  (New Jersey) - is something different.  That is why they brought her to training camp. She is classically trained, is fresh as a daisy and is gorgeous.  She may not have the confidence to make it this season but she is a stand out for the reasons I wrote above.

- I love that the Patriots cheerleader talks about how much she wants to cheer for the Cowboys.  She cheered for the best team in the league but wants to now be on the best cheer squad in the league. I think that is admirable.  

I am excited for this season. The last few seasons have been a bit meh. I am glad Jenn K is retired and someone new can be point.  Sorry to hurt anyone’s feelings that liked her but I was never a fan.

Oh, I forgot to say that looks go a long way in DCC land.  Tasha, Brianna, Loni (from season 2). They want the prettiest on the team.

• Love 2

Finally got caught up and yikes, Allie was just smiling like a psychopath upon learning she was cut. Maybe she wasn't too disappointed? Never was a fan anyway so adios! Still wondering why Jessika is there after her trainwreck of a solo that was posted .... Tasha better thank her lucky stars she has a pretty face 

• Love 2

I do not get the judges' love of NJ Brianna. I didn't really see anything special or unique about her. Also, remember a few years ago someone did a solo in a ponytail and the judges kept harping on it? why was that ponytail so bad and Brianna's ok?

You know what judge I enjoy? The guy from Lucchese Boots. He's not a total horn dog like Neal and he usually has nice insights. I also love Marshall. As this is an extended season, I hope we get to see a lot of the makeovers.

I don't understand why Katelynn didn't make it into TC. I didn't think her look was *that* bad and she danced beautifully.

• Love 12

TN Briana looks to me like she is naturally short and thick. What I found odd was her on camera speaking. She had that far away voice and expression on her face like she popped a couple of Vicodin a half hour before. If she ever makes it onto the squad in the future, I will be very surprised. You never magically get taller or totally change your body type. She is stuck with what she has.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2

They sure do have interview coaches. Most of the time, pageant coaches do everything to get them ready for competition and a separate one for interviews is not needed. Studying up on the arrangement of our current US government would give these ladies a leg up....no pun intended.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Cheerio34 said:

National Anthem.... America the Beautiful... God Bless America..... Proud To Be An American....Maybe even some "Independence Day xx Martina McBride or All-American Girl by Carrie... give a little wink and say shout out CMT." 

Or there's always American Idiot by Green Day.... "Don't want to be an American Idiot" #wompwomp 

What if she said Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA?

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

That was so unnecessary. Typical overdramatic crap. I laughed when she said Kalyssa needed to get rid of the choker and the rhinestone armband so that she would look more girl next door. In the overall scheme of things, the choreography was what needed to be changed in order to make her seem less sexy/more girl next door. I admit that costumes and accessories do make a little bit of difference in how you are perceived but let's be real - doing the same routine without the choker wasn't going to make Kalyssa suddenly seem wholesome.

I don't get Kitty sometimes. She seems to contradict herself. She didn't like the one girl's costume because it looked like an ostrich. I thought it was fine and I swear I've seen other girls wear something similar before. Jinelle's costume had the same tail in the back and I thought her costume was a bit much and reminded me of a peacock. Hmm, after saying that, maybe Kitty did a valid criticism. Still, though, I liked that one girl's over Jinelle's. Otherwise Kitty wants you to be sexy (and has praised girls in the past for their sultry performances) and yet when someone is, she wants you to be more girl-next-door?  It would probably drive me crazy auditioning and trying to figure out how to please Kitty.

• Love 5

I am probably in the minority, but I was not impressed with Cersten, Yuko, or Madeline's solo. I thought we were close to seeing Madeline's cash and prizes in some of her movements in her solo. I think Lauren and Gina are cute, so I am rooting for the both of them, but once again, I am not too impressed with the TC Candidates.

Serious (but not so serious because it was tragic to watch) Heather H/kick line question... because I am just CONFUSED. Has the kick line ever started the opposite way that she would have confused that? I would imagine the kick line for anyone who has been on the team for a year should be muscle memory. Hell, I know the damn kick line. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

I thought the same thing until she ran to Kitty. Then I remembered how I get the vibe that she strategically uses people. Oh well, she will get ahead in the world someday just not in a way that makes me admire her. 

I may have to watch again bc it looked to me like Kitty came to Holly and just wrapped her arms around her.  It might be that Holly had finally stopped fighting, broken down, and was ready to be consoled

• Love 3
6 hours ago, PBSLover said:

- Brianna  (New Jersey) - is something different.  That is why they brought her to training camp. She is classically trained, is fresh as a daisy and is gorgeous.  She may not have the confidence to make it this season but she is a stand out

looks go a long way in DCC land.  Tasha, Brianna, Loni (from season 2). They want the prettiest on the team.

Yes, I don't know why anyone is surprised.  It is like when winter comes to new York Al Roker says "it's winter people.  It's cold.  Happens every year."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Serious (but not so serious because it was tragic to watch) Heather H/kick line question... because I am just CONFUSED. Has the kick line ever started the opposite way that she would have confused that? I would imagine the kick line for anyone who has been on the team for a year should be muscle memory. Hell, I know the damn kick line. 

The kick line has never changed.