Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Oh Luann, shit like this will haunt you forever

All of these women would love to be in my position. Tom's a great guy, he picked me to marry

From September 6, 2016.

She also speaks about the Regency Bunny kiss as though it was from years ago. They were engaged in February 2016 and the Wendy appearance was 7 months later.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was surprised that there was so much negative brought up about Tom at the reunion, when Lu was stilling trying to sell her marriage as wonderful and Tom as her soulmate. Bravo may have re edited in light of Lu filing for divorce (or Tom filing) three weeks later, but the footage had to be there in the first place. 

Yea, I think there might have been hours of Tom footage and they edited it based on current circumstances. But.....I think there was reason to have the conversations in the first place, just given the weird things he's said to other women on camera this season. And his comments about his wedding ring and a dog collar. I think they had enough to go on, when watching the footage back, to question just how stable the marriage was. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Sonja's brain does not take in much, so I think she absorbs maybe 5% of anything she hears.

Bethenny has always been right about Sonja not comprehending.   The rest of her problem is a great delusional system at work.

I disagree.  I think she needs to belong, so she takes criticism and just moves along.  She has tried to even give intelligent advice to Ramona regarding her feud with Bethenny.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

She also speaks about the Regency Bunny kiss as though it was from years ago. They were engaged in February 2016 and the Wendy appearance was 7 months later.

Everything she says is a lie. Heck we have all seen her lie , then contradict herself a second later with another lie.

They went on 6 dates, they went on NO dates, they double dated, 2 dates, just one, Tom dates? He only loves me.  

Tom? Oh he is one of my Italian friends from St. Barts.   Before Lu, it doesn't matter.   Tom is my shipmate,  oops, I mean soulmate.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

While many don't like Tinsley's style, I give her credit for always being covered up.

I like some of the stuff she wears, like the patterned tights and the shirts with embellished collars.  I do think she has her own style that works for her, she's not trying to be overly trendy.  Her style is very "her".

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I loved that Bethenny basically co-hosted.

Bethenny is a better host than Andy.  She should basically take over all the reunions.  She'll ask any question, dish out any follow up and say what's on the majority of the viewers' minds.  

• Love 23
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

My superficials:

Ramona - Kill me.  I thought she looked good.  The woman is 60 and managed to look like a sex kitten.  Not my style, but what the hell?  Lots of cleavage, but it was symmetrical and much, much better than Sonja's.  The gold looked good on her.  Hair and makeup were fine but for the iridescent eye shadow.  Again, her hair is super long, but looked so much better than Sonja's stringy stuff.

Sonja - She looked so much better with the shorter, bouncy hair.  Her face can look harsh, and the more middle her part, the less attractive she looks, IMO.  She can be absolutely gorgeous at some angles - none of which were struck in part one.  Dress was absolutely horrendous.  She seemed to have multiple nip slips.  I can't believe this was the best wardrobe had to choose from.  The color is great, but who can see it past the poorly constructed cleavage.  Makeup was fine except for the dark brows, and too dark eye makeup.

Dorinda - Normally I love her overall look, even if I don't care for individual things.  I feel the extreme spray tan combined with the bleached within an inch of life hair color, was just a toxic combo.  I like how Dorinda styles her hair better than whoever did it here.  Her makeup seemed to overcompensate for the tan.  Blush too dark, eye shadow too shiny, lip color too pale.  Dress was pretty , I guess.

Lu - The creamy complexion was to die for, just the perfect amount of dewy.  Looks like her forehead was freshly toxed, but who cares.  Makeup was great.  Hairstyle is old and tired, but so flattering it doesn't really matter.  I did not like her dress, and it had nothing to do with any connection with her wedding.  I am built similarly to Lu (broader shoulder, slimmer hips) but bigger boobs, and I wouldn't be caught dead in that bodice style.  It does nothing but broaden the shoulders more.  But good for Lu for being confident in it.  The blue rocks glued on plastic - not sure if it was a necklace or part of the dress - looked rather cheap.

Beth - Loved the dress and the color.  Her hair was fine, but more flattering an inch or two shorter.  Makeup was nice except a little too matte, and I wasn't crazy about the overdrawn upper lip.  I have thin lips, too, and that look is fine in photos, but very obvious when talking.  I think she looks better when she's less tanned.

Carole - I like the shorter hair, but really wish she would experiment with a side part.  Side parts are flattering on everyone, while middle parts just aren't.  Loved the dress and color.  Color would be great on my pale skin, but I could never wear that style of bodice.  Makeup is fine, but not as subtle as Carole does herself.

Tinsley - I have to disagree on the color being flattering.  Maybe I'm just so offended by the dress style.  That color would typically look good on a blonde.  Hair is fine, but boring, looks healthy and shiny.  Her makeup is okay but I really disliked her lip color.  Her earrings seemed overkill when seen with the overly busy, gauzy beaded mess.

you are 100% spot on. Tins has the worst taste ever. I think "Jessica  McClintock"  when I see her ruffled costumes.

Ramona never looked better. Bethenny has had the most flattering work done. Dorinda is no beauty but knows how to work what she has to perfection. Lu  and Sonja are naturally beautiful and Carole.....well...

• Love 7
1 minute ago, The Real Real said:

you are 100% spot on. Tins has the worst taste ever. I think "Jessica  McClintock"  when I see her ruffled costumes.

Ramona never looked better. Bethenny has had the most flattering work done. Dorinda is no beauty but knows how to work what she has to perfection. Lu  and Sonja are naturally beautiful and Carole.....well...

Carole has self-confidence, which overcomes most beauty flaws.  Wish I had more of it.

• Love 23

So it's okay for Ramona to pick up a guy who was on a blind date with someone else, but it wasn't okay for Luann to do pretty much the same thing with Tom?  I'm shocked that Luann didn't call them out on the inconsistency (that we saw).  Ramona's always talking about being a "girls' girl." 

It's awful when anyone suffers abuse as a child, and I'm not denying that it can have lifelong repercussions.  That said, Ramona totally trots out her childhood abuse when it is convenient for her, as an excuse for her behavior.  However, that said, Bethenny is not the person who should be calling her out about this, as it's a pot-meet-kettle sitch. 

Also, "Lam-baste"?  Oh, Bethenny. 

• Love 10

I just noticed the disclaimer at the front of the reunion episode,  "This was filmed three weeks before the divorce announcement..." OMG, CLIP!

I loved Dorinda's dress. She looked very gangsta. 

Ramona has gained some weight and she has a stocky body and is top heavy. Her dress emphasized her top half which made her look heavy and bloated. I don't really know what looks good at 60, but she looks like she takes care of herself. That said, she has never been a great beauty. The only real "beauty" is Luanne. Everyone else does the best they can with what they got. 

Dorinda looked like a character from the Little Mermaid. Like, if it went to Broadway, she would be cast looking just like that.

Tinsley, the little charms hanging on her dress and sleeves was definitely.... a new look. Her designer must be 80, or her mom. My mom would say Tinsley's dress was "darling." She's 80.

I did a plunging neckline once (Halloween costume). I got A LOT of attention. I'm assuming it's an easy way for Ramona and Sonja to get attention. 

Ramona's quote, "What you said was very introspective, if that's the right word."

Carole, rudely to Bethanny, "Probably NOT."

Bethanny scoffs-- "No, prophetic."

Actually dumb bitch, introspective is a much better word in that context than prophetic. Prophetic is like fortune telling or telling the future. Introspective is looking into the reasons for why you do what you do. Introspective is a MUCH BETTER word for what Dorinda was talking about which was 100% introspection.

Bethanny is such a dumb fake, I just hate her so passionately. Isn't Carole a writer? She can't think of the right word or know that introspective works fine? Plus, if she's so smart, why is she making her money on a reality show? Why doesn't she spend her time doing "smart things?" Oh, cuz she's dumb too. 

As far as Luanne, she defended her husband, which is the right thing to do. When people talk shit about their significant others it's so uncomfortable and horrible. She loved him and defended him. It ended up not working out but she was always on his side, which, IMO is what your significant other should do. I've been super wrong a million times, but my husband is there for me. If he started listening to what other people said, we'd be in huge trouble. He's dedicated to me, and he knows I make mistakes. In any case, I think it's totally normal for Luanne to protect her husband and try to get others to see him in a good light. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 13
53 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I hate you.  ROFLMAO!!! 

IMG_2779.GIF

YOU are a friend in my head, so I snatch each of your comments into my grubby little hands and mainline 'em for dinner. Love ya crazy self!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Actually dumb bitch, introspective is a much better word in that context than prophetic.

This quote is everything!!!  I thought the same exact thing!  What a condescending and DUMB thing to say.  And she said it so confidently and smugly!  HATE!!!  Carole well....I can't muster up enough emotions to even hate her.  She's just so....meh.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

This quote is everything!!!  I thought the same exact thing!  What a condescending and DUMB thing to say.  And she said it so confidently and smugly!  HATE!!!  Carole well....I can't muster up enough emotions to even hate her.  She's just so....meh.

I don't think Bethanny is book smart. She is quick witted but it's just common words. She should definitely not pretend she's a scholar.  I think Bethanny's 10 minutes of silence after her scoffing and providing a totally wrong word was her realizing how stupid she is. hahha. CLIP!

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 10

JMO

Why Luann married Tom?  she likes to be married to a wealthy man, she likes to feel as if she was the chosen one, she likes to lord it over the other ones who were not chosen, she secured her position on the franchise and secure her income from the show, etc, etc, etc. 

But why did Tom marry Luann? 

Some viewers have speculated that there might be some inheritance with some specific conditions in place, that very well could be, but IMO there are more simple reasons about it. Tom recognized a "free spirit" in Luann, someone who basically could be a good partner to him in the sense that they could be married but still have their own personal affairs. Luann is nice looking, can carry a conversation and could maybe give some publicity to his company, simple things that could make them a perfect couple. 

Tom might have wanted some publicity for his business but I don't think he was ready for the intense scrutiny that he was under, it was mentioned at the reunion that Tom tried to break up with Luann before the wedding because he found out that Luann was giving constant information to the media and he wasn't happy about it. 

Even though Luann has denied it, IMO Tom was more inclined to have an "open marriage" with Luann, being that she had one with her first husband for many years it is not crazy to speculate that Luann knows how to keep appearances and Tom is incapable of being faithful to just one person. I think during the course of their brief marriage Luann tried to change the rules of the game, she wanted for Tom to be more discrete, she wanted Tom to stop seeing other ladies, Luann basically wanted him to become a more traditional husband but that is not what Tom agreed to and that is why he filed for divorce.  That is the only reasonable explanation that I can find about why he is the one who filed for divorce and not Luann. 

Tom is a cheater and a consummated womanizer but I do happen to believe that he was honest with Luann about the conditions of their marriage, once he was forced to tried to behave in a more conventional way, he had enough and just cut his losses and filed for divorce. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, I think there might have been hours of Tom footage and they edited it based on current circumstances. But.....I think there was reason to have the conversations in the first place, just given the weird things he's said to other women on camera this season. And his comments about his wedding ring and a dog collar. I think they had enough to go on, when watching the footage back, to question just how stable the marriage was. 

I agree. One thing that stood out to me - and I think it was a clip - was Lu referring to Tom's tonsil hockey session at the Regent as being "caught with his pants down". I thought that was a very odd expression to use, and one that conveys a much worse betrayal. Which makes me wonder if he did actually sleep with the woman? (Not that that would surprise me, but would surprise me if Lu knew). 

Regarding Ramona's comment that she met her current boyfriend when he was on a blind date - did she leave with him that night? I thought that is when she met him, assume they exchanged numbers at the bar and she went out with him after that. Which is what Tom should have done with Lu. (Or for Lu's sake should never have seen her again). The guy also has no history with a blind date, which isn't true of the woman Tom was with and currently dating at the time.  I am not one to defend Ramona (or even believe her much of the time) but I don't see the circumstances as the same. 

• Love 5
On 8/16/2017 at 7:03 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda confronts Sonja over the ``Tipsy Girl'' allegations;

Oooh I want to see this

tumblr_osa4rdbqq21ql5yr7o1_500.gif?w=620

Clip! You're a fraud!

Clip! You're bankrupt!

Clip! I brought my file folder of information on you

One of my favorite moments of the entire season!!

22 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Ramona's hair, dress, and tan are all blending together. She kinda looks like a giant Werther's Original with lips.

LMAO!!!!

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:
22 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Ramona's hair, dress, and tan are all blending together. She kinda looks like a giant Werther's Original with lips.

I meant to re-post this last night.   I think its the funniest post all season.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I loved Dorinda's dress the most. Graphic and gorgeous. Can't be said enough but Dorinda has fabulous arms. All that arm waving and elaborate hand gestures and not a sign of arm flap or jiggle. 

Maybe it is the drunk maestro movements that keep her arms so lovely and toned.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Jextella said:

I also think Andy + team have a beef with Dorinda.  Of course I don't know for sure, but I do believe she is on coke.   I know what drunk looks like and her odd and irrational behavior when indulging in substances is not from alcohol.  I don't think Andy likes it (at least not on his shows).  I also think Betheny and some of the other wives don't like it in general.  

Other than Carol, no one has really warmed up to her and vice-versa.  For my money, Dorinda is a little lost and lonely and may still be grieving. I think she does the show for something to do in life...kind of like a coping mechanism.  I also think her wall is as big and as thick as LuAnn's....maybe even more so.  She could have been the star of the show had she wanted it.  Instead she keeps a distance. Just my opinion mind you.

There may be something to this.  I generally like Dorinda and sometimes she is elegant and lovely.  But at least three times this season her behavior has been really crazed and irrational:

The dinner at Ramona's in the Hamptons.  When she went off on Sonja.

That afternoon at the Restaurant, with the Clip, Clip, Clip.

She missed the first dinner in Mexico and then cut herself with the knife at dinner.  Although I sincerely doubt she would have brought Coke into Mexico.

It did make for good TV but those episodes were really out there.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ladle said:

So it's okay for Ramona to pick up a guy who was on a blind date with someone else, but it wasn't okay for Luann to do pretty much the same thing with Tom?  I'm shocked that Luann didn't call them out on the inconsistency (that we saw).  Ramona's always talking about being a "girls' girl." 

It's awful when anyone suffers abuse as a child, and I'm not denying that it can have lifelong repercussions.  That said, Ramona totally trots out her childhood abuse when it is convenient for her, as an excuse for her behavior.  However, that said, Bethenny is not the person who should be calling her out about this, as it's a pot-meet-kettle sitch. 

Also, "Lam-baste"?  Oh, Bethenny. 

Carole did say something but Bethenny (I think) talked over her and it got lost as Andy ignored it and moved on. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Carole did say something but Bethenny (I think) talked over her and it got lost as Andy ignored it and moved on. 

Interesting.  I'll have to rewatch! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Bethenny is a better host than Andy.  She should basically take over all the reunions.  She'll ask any question, dish out any follow up and say what's on the majority of the viewers' minds.  

Just one thing, she wont take a breath long enough for them to answer, its Bethenny and more Bethenny..

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, Luann just wanted a wedding, she wanted a party where she would be the center of attention.  Tom was just there because Luann needed a groom.

True - but what was his reason to get married; he knew the vows meant nothing?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BBHN said:

Lord knows Andy won't. And having one HW dominate things means you avoid situations like this, as epic and and funny as it is to watch:

Wowzers.

I have to say though, my favorite part of that whole clip are the shots of Kim and the vast assortment of wigs and hairpieces she's wearing all at once. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Hello Lady said:

Just one thing, she wont take a breath long enough for them to answer, its Bethenny and more Bethenny..

Not only that but she answers for them, she tells the others how they feel/think and then how they should feel/think! She really believes she knows it all and then some! LOL

• Love 4

Well I had the benefit of reading all these posts before I watched.  So I'm checking out the gowns. You're right, Bethenny's lipstick was just wrong for that dress.  But then I noticed, every one of them is wearing the same shade. What?  And the RaSoLu sofa all had that hideous metallic eyeshadow.  From B's snap I know that one of the women claimed that they needed 4 hours for hair and makeup.  I'm guessing this was Ramona.

I'm pick BeCaTins sofa for the win.  Tinsley was getting in some good shots and gives good reaction face.  I prefer Bethenny as a host since she actually keeps asking until she gets an answer.  And we Carole to smile and nod or it would just be overwhelming.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Oh Luann, shit like this will haunt you forever

All of these women would love to be in my position. Tom's a great guy, he picked me to marry

From September 6, 2016.

Lu's desperation to be "picked" is sad - wonder where that came from.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

Sadly, I have. I don't believe Dorinda is on coke.

I don't know.  I am 55 and Dorinda is 52.  Our age group is one of the biggest users of coke excepting for those in their 70s.  Growing up in the 70s, being in college in the 80s and having money in the 90s all add up to the drug generation.  I have lost 2 friends in the past year to drug overdoses.  One was 53 and one was 59.  It is still prevalent at parties - weed, coke, and vicodin.  I recognize the beyond-slur of words that comes with alcohol and drugs.

Not saying Dorinda is doing it but it is absolutely not out of the realm.  I like Dorinda (slinks away).

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I don't know.  I am 55 and Dorinda is 52.  Our age group is one of the biggest users of coke excepting for those in their 70s.  Growing up in the 70s, being in college in the 80s and having money in the 90s all add up to the drug generation.  I have lost 2 friends in the past year to drug overdoses.  One was 53 and one was 59.  It is still prevalent at parties - weed, coke, and vicodin.  I recognize the beyond-slur of words that comes with alcohol and drugs.

Not saying Dorinda is doing it but it is absolutely not out of the realm.  I like Dorinda (slinks away).

No fan of the show, but watch the drama! Dorinda's the only one I would consider being a genuinely nice person! The others are "on ready" to stir the pot and create drama! That's what they're paid for I guess, but Bethenny, Sonja, and Ramona look really bad when exposed as being total jerks and a-holes! Why try to make excuses when we see them acting out? Why deny it? Bethenny's snarkiness is tiring and it's no longer cute! "Just STFU B and quit trying to run the show!" ;-(

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Not only that but she answers for them, she tells the others how they feel/think and then how they should feel/think! She really believes she knows it all and then some! LOL

Bethanny WAS a host of her own talk show and she had that exact problem. She didn't listen, she just brought people on, asked them rhetorical questions, pretended like she was waiting for an answer, and then when they started to speak she told them what they thought/ felt/ why they did it. She was overly sexual, manic, and had a disturbing appearance that made her seem unhealthy and bulimic and addicted to plastic surgery.  She was horrendous. If you search for reviews, everyone hated it. She's the exact same at the reunions. 

http://ew.com/article/2013/09/09/bethenny-frankel-talk-show/ ==> comments are telling and she hasn't changed. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Well I had the benefit of reading all these posts before I watched.  So I'm checking out the gowns. You're right, Bethenny's lipstick was just wrong for that dress.  But then I noticed, every one of them is wearing the same shade. What?  And the RaSoLu sofa all had that hideous metallic eyeshadow.  From B's snap I know that one of the women claimed that they needed 4 hours for hair and makeup.  I'm guessing this was Ramona.

I'm pick BeCaTins sofa for the win.  Tinsley was getting in some good shots and gives good reaction face.  I prefer Bethenny as a host since she actually keeps asking until she gets an answer.  And we Carole to smile and nod or it would just be overwhelming.

I'm still laughing at the bolded.....I thought it was a fancy brand of sofa when I first read it.  ????

I too noticed they all wore the same shade of ? lipstick....which was too pale on everyone.

2 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Bethanny WAS a host of her own talk show and she had that exact problem. She didn't listen, she just brought people on, asked them rhetorical questions, pretended like she was waiting for an answer, and then when they started to speak she told them what they thought/ felt/ why they did it. She was overly sexual, manic, and had a disturbing appearance that made her seem unhealthy and bulimic and addicted to plastic surgery.  She was horrendous. If you search for reviews, everyone hated it. She's the exact same at the reunions. 

http://ew.com/article/2013/09/09/bethenny-frankel-talk-show/ ==> comments are telling and she hasn't changed. 

I didn't think her show was that bad.  ??

• Love 6

First a quick thank you to Bethenny for shutting down the Jill  talk. It is quite clear to me that either Andy or Bravo want to bring that bitch back. I'm counting on Bethenny to do whatever it takes to veto that idea.

Now, on to my favorite imaginary BFF Lu. From watching her special it is clear that Lu has relied on her appeal to powerful men to get ahead in life. I don't say that negatively-she knows they like her, she likes them back. She allows them to provide her a very glamorous life. I don't think she has any expectation of sexual fidelity. However, she does expect discretion. Not being discreet is disrespectful. I think she and Tom probably DID agree to an open arrangement. But Lu didnt expect him to tell anybody that. He was disrespectful  by not being discreet, so for her own dignity she needed to end it. I think all that public knowledge put out at the reunion was the final nail in the coffin for that marriage. And I do think she was sad because she thought they could have had a fine life together, even if  it wasn't a great love affair. I suspect Tom liked the fame and it's perks, and was happy that she didn't expect monogamy. Too bad he didn't count on how much scrutiny he would receive and he's a dumbass in how obvious he is.

The good news is Lu will continue to be catnip for men-she is absolutely gorgeous. She wont  be alone for long.

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm still laughing at the bolded.....I thought it was a fancy brand of sofa when I first read it.  ????

I too noticed they all wore the same shade of ? lipstick....which was too pale on everyone.

I didn't think her show was that bad.  ??

OMG, her talk show was horrendous. Horrendous! Just google it and it's all horrible stuff. People hated it, and it was cancelled pretty much immediately. CLIP!

Luann may be insecure because she was cheated on and lied to by her ex husband. No matter how gorgeous you are, being betrayed will cause trauma and make it hard to understand real from fake. 

Edited by bravofan27
forgot to add CLIP!
  • Love 9

For being a somewhat subdued reunion.....I find myself having tons to say.  Why that is, I have no idea.  This is like my 5th post or something.  Anyway...

On 8/17/2017 at 4:03 PM, eXiled said:

- I loved that Bethenny basically co-hosted. Listen, I know she's a bit much--abrasive, sarcastic, and arrogant -- but I see her extreme narcissism as a coping mechanism. Her insecurities (specially around money/status, weight, and feeling important) will always drive her. She's not admirable by any stretch, but I've always found her entertaining -- early years and now. Broke wisecracking Beth and Rich Bitch Beth are still what keep me tuning in. I hope she never succeeds in her (fake TV) therapy. I can't imagine a show without her basically saying each and every damn thing I'm thinking! The New Yawk Style ain't for everybody, for sure, but Beth embodies it at her best. I just wish she could find the happy sometimes.

I recall reading something Bill Murray once said.  He said he gives all new Hollywood starlets a year or two to be an ass because the adjustment to fame and fortune is so extreme.  I'm surprised to hear myself say it, but that's Betheny for me.  I loved her in the beginning and hated her when the Skinny Girl thing took off.  She was horrible for more years than Bill Murray would have allowed.  

However, it appears she's settled down a bit.  I found her to be really likeable this season.  Each year she seems to get better.   She was humble and nice.  Age, a tough divorce, etc, may have brought her down a notch (thank goodness).  

On 8/17/2017 at 4:10 PM, mostlylurking said:

I like some of the stuff she wears, like the patterned tights and the shirts with embellished collars.  I do think she has her own style that works for her, she's not trying to be overly trendy.  Her style is very "her".

This was about Tinsley.  I actually like Tinsley's style.  It's more "her" than it is her trying to be young if that makes sense.  She's got a few more years with flower dresses and long blond hair before it all has to go.  Not a ton of years, but a few.

On 8/17/2017 at 4:41 PM, The Real Real said:

Then again, I did get married in a Jessica McClintock!

Agree with all the rest of this.  

On 8/17/2017 at 4:17 PM, psychoticstate said:

On 8/17/2017 at 5:39 PM, bravofan27 said:

I don't think Bethanny is book smart. She is quick witted but it's just common words. She should definitely not pretend she's a scholar.  I think Bethanny's 10 minutes of silence after her scoffing and providing a totally wrong word was her realizing how stupid she is. hahha. CLIP!

Bethenny graduated from NYU.  She studied communications and psychology.  She's no dummy; none of them are.  

Tinsley graduated from Columbia.  None of the women on these shows are dummies.  I believe on Survivor, they make everyone take IQ tests.  I'm guessing they do the same on most reality shows - if for no other reason than to ensure all are on an even playing field.    

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Jextella said:

For being a somewhat subdued reunion.....I find myself having tons to say.  Why that is, I have no idea.  This is like my 5th post or something.  Anyway...

I recall reading something Bill Murray once said.  He said he gives all new starlets in Hollywood to be an ass for a year or two because the adjustment to fame and fortune is so extreme.  I'm surprised to hear myself say it, but that's Betheny for me.  I loved her in the beginning and hated her when the Skinny Girl thing took off.  She was horrible for more years than Bill Murray would have allowed.  

However, it appears she's settled down a bit.  I found her to be really likeable this season.  Each year she seems to get better.   She was humble and nice.  Age, a tough divorce, etc, may have brought her down a notch (thank goodness).  

This was about Tinsley.  I actually like Tinsley's style.  It's more "her" than it is her trying to be young if that makes sense.  She's got a few more years with flower dresses and long blond hair before it all has to go.  Not a ton of years, but a few.

Then again, I did get married in a Jessica McClintock!

Agree with all the rest of this.  

Bethenny graduated from NYU.  She studied communications and psychology.  She's no dummy; none of them are.  

Tinsley graduated from Columbia and I believe Ramona's daughter graduated from the Univ. of Michigan.....none of the women on these shows are dummies.  I believe on Survivor, they make everyone take IQ tests.  I'm guessing they do the same on most reality shows - if for no other reason than to ensure all are on an even playing field.    

LOTS of people go to college, and not everyone is book smart. I'm not saying she's dumb, but there's a lot of space between "college grad" and "scholar." It would be interesting to see her GPA. I'm assuming it was low or she would have gone to graduate school. Teresa Guidice has a college degree-- from Berkeley at that. Just saying. I don't see Bethanny or Teresa hankering down and spending a day learning something through study. 

Tinsley does seem educated and very together. So did Aviva and to an extent Heather. Bethanny just comes off as hustling to me, and she couldn't even stand her own to Omarosa, the biggest fake ever. (Sorry, I looked through some videos of Bethanny's old talk show and Omarosa just annihilated her with about 10% effort, as Bethanny struggled to defend herself). 

Edited by bravofan27
had to add that college degrees don't mean a person is smart. Just that they have a college degree.
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

After checking them out for 40 minutes now, I think Bethenny looks the best, and actually, her face looks very pretty, almost regal.  

I can't figure out what she's had done now, but she definitely looks different. It kind of bums me out.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

I can't figure out what she's had done now, but she definitely looks different. It kind of bums me out.

She had her jowls shaved and rounded so they don't jutt out and tons of fillers to make her face more full. When she laughs she looks like a witch. She looks best with no expression, or a posed one with a closed mouth smile. 

• Love 1
On 8/16/2017 at 9:07 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

BEST COMMENT OF THE THREAD.  ????

31 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

OMG, her talk show was horrendous. Horrendous! Just google it and it's all horrible stuff. People hated it, and it was cancelled pretty much immediately. CLIP!

Luann may be insecure because she was cheated on and lied to by her ex husband. No matter how gorgeous you are, being betrayed will cause trauma and make it hard to understand real from fake. 

I actually watched her talk show.  It wasn't the best, but not the worst either.  The worst for me is The View.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How many women marry men thinking they can change them...Lu was one of them. 

Well, except she said at the reunion that she couldn't change him. More importantly, she said it when they were in the Berkshire's, which was before she married him. She said he was a 50 year old man and she could hardly change him at that point. She knew, she said she knew, and yet she still did the deed. Perplexing indeed. 

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

LOTS of people go to college, and not everyone is book smart. I'm not saying she's dumb, but there's a lot of space between "college grad" and "scholar." It would be interesting to see her GPA. I'm assuming it was low or she would have gone to graduate school. Teresa Guidice has a college degree-- from Berkeley at that. Just saying. I don't see Bethanny or Teresa hankering down and spending a day learning something through study. 

Tinsley does seem educated and very together. So did Aviva and to an extent Heather.  Bethanny just comes off as hustling to me, and she couldn't even stand her own to Omarosa, the biggest fake ever. (Sorry, I looked through some videos of Bethanny's old talk show and Omarosa just annihilated her with about 10% effort, as Bethanny struggled to defend herself). 

Huh? What?  Heather is a very successful business woman and no dummy.  Putting her in the same sentence with Aviva crushes my soul.

I have to disagree with you on college.  You have to be smart to graduate from a good college, and to minimize the lady's educations, seems unfair.  They may act like fools on occasion, but all of the NY ladies seem intelligent to me, and none of them are as dumb as a box of rocks like the felon Teresa Guidice....although Sonja skirts the line on occasion.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

She had her jowls shaved and rounded so they don't jutt out and tons of fillers to make her face more full. When she laughs she looks like a witch. She looks best with no expression, or a posed one with a closed mouth smile. 

Jill--?????  ???

• Love 1
9 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

I'm on the fence about Bethenny's domination.  On the one hand, it'd be nice to hear Carole or Tinsley.  On the other, from what I remember Luann and others seemed more apt to answer a question honestly if Bethenny asked it, for whatever reason, than if Andy did. It'd be nice if she could balance things a little better- get us the info, but also realize that we don't need to hear only her pronouncements. 

Wow, this is a really astute observation. And I totally agree. The thing is, Bethenny is often the one to get the party started. Love her or hate her, she just is. She is the one who often probes for answers or says the thing that gets the conversation going in a way that brings resolution or clarification. She was a shitty talk show host, so I am not all that sure that she possesses some real skill, but perhaps because she was involved in what was going on she can get to the root of the whole deal. Either way, her imposing her will on the conversation makes it more interesting than less so. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that Andy just sucks at the whole reunion deal. 

• Love 7