Type keyword(s) to search

Paul & Karine: These Condoms Ain't For Sexin'

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:
  6 hours ago, locomoco said:

Raise your hands if you thought Karine's father was going to ask his wife to bring him his machete...

Why oh why would he give permission?  (Actually he didnt, he just let his wife type it without consultation.)  He did not ask one question of Paul or Karine.  Just "take my daughter, please."  Does he want her to leave?  Does Paul seem like an excellent choice of anything other than a person who cleans up body parts after a multicar pileup?  Also, why do he and his wife have to share one pair of glasses?  

• Love 5

I really can't quite get what is going on with her parents. I was SHOCKED (is there a stronger word because that is what I was) when he asked for her to go to the hotel with him. I think some of the comments here about the cameras and maybe money did lessen the dad's reaction but omg seriously I still cannot figure that out. I would have feared for Paul's life after that.

Also I got the vibe that maybe the parents are relieved to think that their daughter will marry and be taken care of. The Dad did say something (of course translated) about the good life in America that she might have.

The whole thing with the parents was just too bizarre. And yes, the house by our standards is really amazingly hodgepodge and bare bones, but I guess where they are, they have a place to sit, a place to eat , a roof over their heads and food to eat so everything additional is a bonus. ( I noticed those plastic lawn chairs that our supermarkets sell for 6.99 seem to be the rage for home decor in Brazil and I think was it Haiti).

Also noticed she had her nails did. 

:)

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Also, why do he and his wife have to share one pair of glasses?  

He may have asked for his reading glasses.  She brought them, and then he handed her the phone to read.  She just borrowed his glasses.  She probably has her own but not with her.  Happens all the time with reading glasses.  I've worked polls at elections, and I can't tell you how many people borrowed my reading glasses.  And I had to fill out a form at a doctor's office, but did not have my glasses with me.  Yep, they pulled a pair out of a drawer for me to borrow.  While they come in different strengths, those of us who need reading glasses find that anything is better than nothing.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Paul is just embarrassing himself and Karine's father is like what the fuck when Paul was explaining that he is going to propose to her which he is probably think he is going to fuck her 

I laughed out loud! What a Maroon!

What surprises me is 1- that she found a web site for dating-she lives in the Amazon and had no internet etc...

2- Her Father didnt punch him in the face after the first conversation

3- Is she not a Virgin?

• Love 9

Maybe she is the Local Town Pump hence the Bikini and no worries about what the town thinks about her in a Motel and a small Bikini.

I think she is smarter than we think.

Paul WHY did you not hire a Translator???

Yes he walk weird an kind of hunched over. His clothes are too big for him.

• Love 5

Their family photo shows that Karine has several siblings. Like maybe 7 or 8. The cares of having a large family in a very poor country are heavy.  Even though they can easily live off the land for most of their food, there's the cost of other things that people need.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Here's the vibe I'm getting.

Karine is not a virgin. In fact, she's been around a bit. Hence her wanting to have sex the first night. And her father wanting her to be married to someone.

Maybe Karine is past prime marrying age in the Amazon, and mom and dad want her married to someone.  A spinster would be a financial drag on the family.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Here's the vibe I'm getting.

Karine is not a virgin. In fact, she's been around a bit. Hence her wanting to have sex the first night. And her father wanting her to be married to someone.

I'm not sure if she "wanted" to have sex the first night.  She might have thought it would be expected of her.  But, really, if you saw Paul - would you "want" to have sex with him?

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Grumpy Lobster said:

even if you wanted, I'm pretty sure sex with Paul comes with a complex Ikea like manual. and don't forget the hair ball. it is probably gonna be used a lot. 

Ikea manuals tend to be all drawings. I do not want to see Paul's drawings, although they might be clearer than his attempts to speak Portuguese.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm not sure if she "wanted" to have sex the first night.  She might have thought it would be expected of her.  But, really, if you saw Paul - would you "want" to have sex with him?

I'm hoping and praying this girl isn't going into this in order to help her family financially. That's like going into battle without a gun. 

• Love 4

I saw a screen shot of a FB PM where some crazy fan mentioned Paul having Aspergers Syndrome. I have a child with that, and to be honest, some of what Paul does reminds me of my son. Like Paul seemingly not embarrassed by his over the top actions. My son isn't as 'out there' as Paul but there are A LOT of struggles where I have to fight off embarrassment and try to appreciate his uniqueness. At the same time, I try and reign some of that in, so he isn't targeted in the real world. I empathize with Paul and his mom, if he does indeed have it. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

I saw a screen shot of a FB PM where some crazy fan mentioned Paul having Aspergers Syndrome. I have a child with that, and to be honest, some of what Paul does reminds me of my son. Like Paul seemingly not embarrassed by his over the top actions. My son isn't as 'out there' as Paul but there are A LOT of struggles where I have to fight off embarrassment and try to appreciate his uniqueness. At the same time, I try and reign some of that in, so he isn't targeted in the real world. I empathize with Paul and his mom, if he does indeed have it. 

Now that you mention it . . . I have a friend whose son has AS, and I can see a resemblance with some of the behavior patterns Paul exhibits.  Even so, I hope Karine doesn't go further with the relationship just to get out of her current life in Brazil.  She would be exchanging a bad situation with a worse one, IMO.

• Love 2
Just now, AZChristian said:

Now that you mention it . . . I have a friend whose son has AS, and I can see a resemblance with some of the behavior patterns Paul exhibits.  Even so, I hope Karine doesn't go further with the relationship just to get out of her current life in Brazil.  She would be exchanging a bad situation with a worse one, IMO.

One thing AS peeps deal with is hyper focusing on certain things. My son has things that grab his attention and he is interested in that one thing 24/7. Fortunately for everyone involved, it's things like science and not girls that have spurned his advances. This could explain Paul's stalking charges, although certainly not excuse him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Awfarmington said:

One thing AS peeps deal with is hyper focusing on certain things. My son has things that grab his attention and he is interested in that one thing 24/7. Fortunately for everyone involved, it's things like science and not girls that have spurned his advances. This could explain Paul's stalking charges, although certainly not excuse him. 

I've seen the hyper-focusing first hand with my friend's son.  Honestly, now that I'm looking at Paul with new eyes, I'll try to be less critical because I think you've raised a valid point with the potential of AS.  But I still want Karine to get away from him ASAP.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I've seen the hyper-focusing first hand with my friend's son.  Honestly, now that I'm looking at Paul with new eyes, I'll try to be less critical because I think you've raised a valid point with the potential of AS.  But I still want Karine to get away from him ASAP.

I don't think Paul should get a pass for any bad behavior. AS can't be used as a crutch like that. But other things like the swimming scene, or overpacking with crazy items, I see as likely being 'normal' to him. My son has done equally awkward things all his life and we've have to do a lot of damage control. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Could this explain kicking a girlfriend outside naked in the middle of winter? Or bullying with threats of lawsuits, or always calling the police for every little thing he instigates and lie about what happened?

I see more OCD and sociopathic behavior.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Could this explain kicking a girlfriend outside naked in the middle of winter? Or bullying with threats of lawsuits, or always calling the police for every little thing he instigates and lie about what happened?

I see more OCD and sociopathic behavior.

Nope. AS and being a creep are not mutually exclusive lol. I don't know if Paul truly has this disorder or what, but as mention upthread, it can't be used as a crutch. Just like Loren can't use her Tourette's syndrome as an excuse for acting like a big B. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I really can't quite get what is going on with her parents. I was SHOCKED (is there a stronger word because that is what I was) when he asked for her to go to the hotel with him. I think some of the comments here about the cameras and maybe money did lessen the dad's reaction but omg seriously I still cannot figure that out. I would have feared for Paul's life after that.

Also I got the vibe that maybe the parents are relieved to think that their daughter will marry and be taken care of. The Dad did say something (of course translated) about the good life in America that she might have.

The whole thing with the parents was just too bizarre. And yes, the house by our standards is really amazingly hodgepodge and bare bones, but I guess where they are, they have a place to sit, a place to eat , a roof over their heads and food to eat so everything additional is a bonus. ( I noticed those plastic lawn chairs that our supermarkets sell for 6.99 seem to be the rage for home decor in Brazil and I think was it Haiti).

Also noticed she had her nails did. 

:)

I'd like to recommend "horrified" for your future use. My wife and I certainly were. We were appalled that they asked no questions and just said "Sure! You can marry our daughter." In my opinion, their house isn't too bad. Sure, it's rough by our standards, but it helps keep them dry in the rain, warm at night, and safe from predators. I think we sometimes get distracted by all the options and things we have and we forget that a house at its core has very simple purposes.

• Love 4

Paul's criminal past indicates, to me, some sort of personality disorder; maybe also OCD or something else along with borderline... but who knows.

He's definitely not relationship material, or even 'use to get out of the country' material. I'm still very disappointed her retired law enforcement father didn't do his research, or, if he did, that no one there especially cares.

Edited by gonecrackers
issues with 's'
  • Love 6
On 8/31/2017 at 3:47 PM, Cmiller360 said:

Oh, I was also wondering about her name & if he is pronouncing her name correctly. I've never heard of anyone pronouncing their name Karin-e. Makes me wonder if the E is supposed to be silent. 

Actually Paul is saying her name correctly, the e isn't supposed to be silent. My name is also Karine and I get that question a lot! haha In Portuguese we say the E in the end, very short not as long as English speakers. 

• Love 12
On 9/4/2017 at 2:54 AM, locomoco said:

Raise your hands if you thought Karine's father was going to ask his wife to bring him his machete...

hahaha I thought that too! And you know when he used his hand to try describe "ring on the finger"? So, in Brazil the ok hand sign isn't always an OK. So when he does finger, ok sign going in.. is kinda of a sexually meaning. In that moment I was sure he would grab his machete LOL

• Love 7
9 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I'd like to recommend "horrified" for your future use. My wife and I certainly were. We were appalled that they asked no questions and just said "Sure! You can marry our daughter." In my opinion, their house isn't too bad. Sure, it's rough by our standards, but it helps keep them dry in the rain, warm at night, and safe from predators. I think we sometimes get distracted by all the options and things we have and we forget that a house at its core has very simple purposes.

I agree, life for Family Karine seems fine by their standards. And they seem like good people. So why do they seem to be so accepting of Karine marrying Paul? What are we missing?  What's wrong with Karine or the family?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I agree, life for Family Karine seems fine by their standards. And they seem like good people. So why do they seem to be so accepting of Karine marrying Paul? What are we missing?  What's wrong with Karine or the family?

Maybe they are planning to join Karine in the US? Or she will send them money? Something is up, I agree.

• Love 2

At first Karine reminded me of Aziza from Season 1 (except Aziza spoke perfect English and was educated). They even look alike a little bit. Young girl from a simple family, inexperienced and flattered by attention from an older guy. Insecure about herself. When Paul didn't want to sleep with her on the first night, Karine's concern was that maybe he doesn't like her anymore, so it's not about what she wants, it's about what he wants and how to please him. That's how she was raised I guess. Probably has a lot of gender and marriage stereotypes in her head, too.

• Love 3

I think it's all about a better life.  Her parents were glad she was "going" to an American.   She can send money home.  It's a sign of the desperation of families in poverty.  Made me sad for her parents and mad on her behalf that they will settle.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I think it's all about a better life.  Her parents were glad she was "going" to an American.   She can send money home.  It's a sign of the desperation of families in poverty.  Made me sad for her parents and mad on her behalf that they will settle.  

It is the wish of parents the world over that their children have an easier time of their life than they did.  Doubtless, many people in Tonantins at best ,dream of being able to make a life for themselves in Manaus.  There aren't too many ways out for the locals. Being able to marry someone from a big city or the US or Europe would almost be like winning the lottery wrt statistics.

• Love 2

I spent several years teaching English as a Second Language at a small, expensive private college. There were a lot of "interesting" students. My colleagues and I used to wonder if a student was odd because of culture differences or just odd in any culture. Generally, we decided that cultural differences could not  cover the behavior. Cue--Paul. You're strange in any place in the world. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, EastCoast4Life said:

His clothes are too big for him because his shoulders are roughly the size of a toddler's. His shoulders are so damn tiny, and it's driving me crazy. 

He is going to be lllooouuussssyyyy in the sack too. Hopefully she is a virgin and won't know the difference.

• Love 4

I'm  pretty sure (as evidenced by the fact that she gave her own son a clump of her hair) that his mother uses the phrase "dirty pillows" and never told him much about women and sex.

I hope Karine is not a virgin so that she knows that good sex is possible and dumps Paul ASAP. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I'm  pretty sure (as evidenced by the fact that she gave her own son a clump of her hair) that his mother uses the phrase "dirty pillows" and never told him much about women and sex.

I hope Karine is not a virgin so that she knows that good sex is possible and dumps Paul ASAP. 

Even if she is a virgin, it won't take her long to figure out . . . (see bolded).

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

You can see Paul purposely grabbing, hitting, touching, molesting, shaking Karine's boobage repeatedly. He's a real perv. Who does that in public, in front of cameras, unless one is a frottage enthusiast and exhibitionist?

Gah! I didn't notice on first viewing given all the other crazy shit assaulting my eyes in this scene, but yeah. What a creepy little creep he is.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Gah! I didn't notice on first viewing given all the other crazy shit assaulting my eyes in this scene, but yeah. What a creepy little creep he is.

That is just gross! I At first, I just thought he was floundering around in his uncoordinated way.

• Love 2

I'm with those who think Karine is more experienced than she lets on or that production would have us believe.

Here's why:

- She was expecting sex on the first night and did not seem nervous about it. An inexperienced woman would have some reservations.

- It seems like she has a reputation because the father was cool with the hotel stay. If she was innocent, he'd say no. I know I wouldn't offer up my virgin daughter to some dude I just met. But if my daughter was known to do these types of things, I'd be disappointed but, what could I do? Saying no won't stop them. He had no control over it and he knew it. He looked disappointed but also defeated.

I suspect that Karine has entertained men in her town or surrounding areas in exchange for some benefit and it's no secret in the area. This is why Paul can be repulsive and an embarrassment and yet she is still willing to go through with it, unashamed to walk into a hotel with a stranger. I'm not necessarily saying she's a prostitute but if she were, she would be used to sleeping with men less desirable. 

- As others have said, the way she dresses gives a clue. 

- I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the first foreign visitor she's had either. I don't feel that any woman in her right mind would be accepting of Paul's odd behavior or attracted to it at all. Therefore, she may be getting desperate to get out of there as Paul is possibly what she perceives as her last chance (he's not her last chance but she's ready to get the F out of D).

Honestly, she was probably talking to (interviewing) more than just Paul but he's the one who actually made the long trek to her village. There probably aren't many men who would make that trip. And even if they did, they may not follow through with an engagement. Bottom line. She doesn't love this weirdo. She's getting desperate to get the hell out. There are people in the US that are desperate to get out of their hometowns. Imagine that feeling times a thousand considering she's in the middle of nowhere. She's probably willing to try anything and anybody for a ticket to anywhere. 

Sad.

• Love 9
On 9/14/2017 at 2:42 AM, Nowhere said:

I'm with those who think Karine is more experienced than she lets on or that production would have us believe.

Here's why:

- She was expecting sex on the first night and did not seem nervous about it. An inexperienced woman would have some reservations.

- It seems like she has a reputation because the father was cool with the hotel stay. If she was innocent, he'd say no. I know I wouldn't offer up my virgin daughter to some dude I just met. But if my daughter was known to do these types of things, I'd be disappointed but, what could I do? Saying no won't stop them. He had no control over it and he knew it. He looked disappointed but also defeated.

I suspect that Karine has entertained men in her town or surrounding areas in exchange for some benefit and it's no secret in the area. This is why Paul can be repulsive and an embarrassment and yet she is still willing to go through with it, unashamed to walk into a hotel with a stranger. I'm not necessarily saying she's a prostitute but if she were, she would be used to sleeping with men less desirable. 

- As others have said, the way she dresses gives a clue. 

- I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the first foreign visitor she's had either. I don't feel that any woman in her right mind would be accepting of Paul's odd behavior or attracted to it at all. Therefore, she may be getting desperate to get out of there as Paul is possibly what she perceives as her last chance (he's not her last chance but she's ready to get the F out of D).

Honestly, she was probably talking to (interviewing) more than just Paul but he's the one who actually made the long trek to her village. There probably aren't many men who would make that trip. And even if they did, they may not follow through with an engagement. Bottom line. She doesn't love this weirdo. She's getting desperate to get the hell out. There are people in the US that are desperate to get out of their hometowns. Imagine that feeling times a thousand considering she's in the middle of nowhere. She's probably willing to try anything and anybody for a ticket to anywhere. 

Sad.

Why would anyone think that she was a virgin? I wasn't at her age. Paul shouldn't assume that. And we all know that he doesn't have a firm enough grasp of her language that he could have asked. Honestly Paul's expectation of having a beautiful young virgin just hanging on the vine waiting for him to gallop up in his mosquito netting armor and carry her away to the paradise of his Mother's basement is nauseating. Guess what fuckface. Not being a virgin doesn't make an person a poor choice as a partner. Having an STD does not make a person a poor choice for a partner. He's a fuckwit  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Why would anyone think that she was a virgin? I wasn't at her age. Paul shouldn't assume that. And we all know that he doesn't have a firm enough grasp of her language that he could have asked. Honestly Paul's expectation of having a beautiful young virgin just hanging on the vine waiting for him to gallop up in his mosquito netting armor and carry her away to the paradise of his Mother's basement is nauseating. Guess what fuckface. Not being a virgin doesn't make an person a poor choice as a partner. Having an STD does not make a person a poor choice for a partner. He's a fuckwit  

Does anybody think she's a virgin? That thought never occurred to me. I looked at her and assumed she wasn't. And btw to fuckface, he needs to take an std test and stop assuming shit about a person he claims to love. How can you say you want to propose and yet have these fears that she's screwing around or dumb enough to not use protection? Is he insulting her, or her people in general? I so wish she would have told him she wanted him to take a test too and that she won't touch him until he does. Does he think that just because he's an American he's better and cleaner? He's such a prick! 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Does anybody think she's a virgin? That thought never occurred to me. I looked at her and assumed she wasn't. And btw to fuckface, he needs to take an std test and stop assuming shit about a person he claims to love. How can you say you want to propose and yet have these fears that she's screwing around or dumb enough to not use protection? Is he insulting her, or her people in general? I so wish she would have told him she wanted him to take a test too and that she won't touch him until he does. Does he think that just because he's an American he's better and cleaner? He's such a prick! 

In today's world, I wouldn't think it's a bad idea to request an STD test before having sex with someone you met on a hook-up site.  There are SO MANY predators and scam artists out there.  I agree that she should have asked him to take one, too, though.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I agree that she should have asked him to take one, too, though.  

If he had said that he'd volunteer to take one as well to put her mind at ease, it would have made the situation a lot less awkward.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

In today's world, I wouldn't think it's a bad idea to request an STD test before having sex with someone you met on a hook-up site.  There are SO MANY predators and scam artists out there.  I agree that she should have asked him to take one, too, though.  

Having an STD does not make someone a scam artist. It is important to know your partner's status so that you can make decisions about your body is important. Deciding to completely discard the purported love if your life if she has herpes is terrible.  He's a fuckwit 

• Love 3