Type keyword(s) to search

Paul & Karine: These Condoms Ain't For Sexin'

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Do you think maybe he has Asbergers or is Autistic?

It's possible.  Either one or both as well as being socially awkward, and possibly having social anxiety, OCD, and  one or more other anxiety and adjustment disorders. I'm not a mental health professional, nor do I play one on TV, so I'm not qualified to render any sort of diagnosis or label. I found his neuroses somewhat amusing at first, but now I feel bad snarking on him or making fun of him.

I do think something is very wrong with him mentally or emotionally, or he's just an extremely troubled person. He may have been abused as a child.  The way he started freaking out around Karine came from a very deep and painful place. He was acting like a wounded or cornered animal, and that just can't be scripted. 

The mentally ill should not be mocked. Mental illness is a cruel disease to those who suffer from it and those who love them. They are robbed of their joy and opportunity and potential to be all they could be, and that's really sad. The mind can set you free to achieve boundless, wonderful things, or it can be your jailer just as easily.

• Love 12

I dont really know enough about Aspergers or autism to speak with any kind of certain here, so take all of this as just me wondering...

To date, it seems that Paul has met a total stranger.  He's travelled to see her, and not to some Club Med resort, but to a remote place 2 days up a river.  There's been giant bugs he's not used to.  He doesn't speak the language.  He's been detained by police while his luggage is searched.  These would all be extremely stressful situations for me. 

But he didn't have this run away and throw himself in the river reaction to any of those.  Yeah, everyone's stress meter is diiferent, and what I think is stressful may not be for Paul.  But that is a lot of stuff for him to weather pretty smoothly.  It makes me suspicious that his behavior after telling Karine about his past is a manipulation technique. 

I have a lot of narcissistic assholes in my family who use these type of techniques all the time, and there's a lot of similarities between them and Paul (no arson yet, though).   He just seems like a typical narcissistic abuser to me.  YMMV. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I have a lot of narcissistic assholes in my family who use these type of techniques all the time, and there's a lot of similarities between them and Paul (no arson yet, though).   He just seems like a typical narcissistic abuser to me.  YMMV. 

He could well be.  I wonder what sort of narcissism is more dangerous, those that know they are or those that have no idea that's  what they are.

• Love 4
On 9/30/2017 at 10:32 AM, Kat30 said:

I'm a Louisvillian and it's pretty much a big small town.  Everyone somehow knows each other.  I would LOVE to know who these exes are to see what sort of crazy they were dealing with.  Mosquitos are bad here in the summer.  He may have had previous experience with those nets.

As someone who lives in a town of less than thousand people, grew up in a similar small town Louisville is Manhattan size in comparison. Depends on your perspective

9 hours ago, DamnGina said:

I thought she got mugged for her phone, but she was using it when she got back to the hotel...and she didn’t scream when the guy came at her with a machete? Hmmmm

Yeah, I noticed that.  My first thought was that she bought a new phone right away, but the "new" one was already bedazzled just like the one that was "stolen" from her.

• Love 1

Please don't let her turn into Paola. I'm totally cool with her pulling an Anfisa on Paul. He deserves it. But Paola is the most disgusting hypocrite. The picture above looks like Karine may have caught the modeling bug. How disappointing. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Please don't let her turn into Paola. I'm totally cool with her pulling an Anfisa on Paul. He deserves it. But Paola is the most disgusting hypocrite. The picture above looks like Karine may have caught the modeling bug. How disappointing. 

Move over, Paola.  Karine is the next one with a cah-reeeeeer.  Kirlyam tried it too, but Alan put the kibosh on it, saying Kirlyam was "too pretty" when she modeled.  I think she enjoyed it and was sad her husband made her give it up.

• Love 3

Kirlyam was a pretty young woman. That's it.  The "modelling" opportunities were created by TLC, she and Alan played along for the sake of the story line, then went on with their very normal lives.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Quof said:

Kirlyam was a pretty young woman. That's it.  The "modelling" opportunities were created by TLC, she and Alan played along for the sake of the story line, then went on with their very normal lives.  

There was actually a video on her youtube channel where she was invited to do a photoshoot for some clothes boutique, after the show. She was excited and nervous at this opportunity. And of course, looked heavenly. So she might actually have had some modeling ambitions at some point.

• Love 3

Kirlyam is a natural beauty through and through. She's prettier than Karine, even though Karine is lovely. I'm not understanding why Latinas wearing garish red lipstick is such a thing.  Though many have the coloring to carry it off, on some it looks harsh.  I saw the lovely Sofia Vergara on Colbert the other night, and all I could think of was Paola with her garish red lipstick.  Sofia had lightened her dark hair and all I could see was this painted on clown mouth.

Red lipstick is fun, but you've got to find the right red. My Latino husband doesn't get this craze either.

45 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Move over, Paola.  Karine is the next one with a cah-reeeeeer.  Kirlyam tried it too, but Alan put the kibosh on it, saying Kirlyam was "too pretty" when she modeled.  I think she enjoyed it and was sad her husband made her give it up.

Kirlyam seems very happy being a mom and they seem to be very much in love. She's very pretty but is way too short to do any serious modeling. 

• Love 7
On 10/6/2017 at 11:57 AM, MrHufflepuff said:

But he didn't have this run away and throw himself in the river reaction to any of those.  Yeah, everyone's stress meter is diiferent, and what I think is stressful may not be for Paul.  But that is a lot of stuff for him to weather pretty smoothly.  It makes me suspicious that his behavior after telling Karine about his past is a manipulation technique. 

I agree.  I mean this is the guy who felt totally okay making Karine get tested before getting intimate because he "didn't trust her," had sex with her and only then thought she deserved to hear only a little sliver of the truth before he ran away like a toddler.  It took Karine a while to get to him and yet he didn't swim away or go very far.  He did that because he wanted her to run after him and tell him she didn't care.  That way when he finally came back to her he wouldn't have to tell her the rest and it'd be an us versus the world faux reality for her.  Crime in the Amazon kind of ruined that for him when it ended up just showing what a cowardly baby he is to Karine.  He's creepy and I worry about her safety with him.  

• Love 8

I mean, I know this is old news. But with the mention of the ever-present grey mosquito jacket...I had flashbacks of Pole's ridiculous swimming get up.  Has anyone seen anything more ridiculous? I mean, Larry's fashion choices aside, you've got to respect his hat-matching game. But Pole?!  He wore a condom so scary water monsters didn't swim up his special places. That's when Karine should've been like, "You know, my Brazilian shanty is looking better all the time"

• Love 8

I listened to an interview with the producer of 90DF. He was asked if the participants have to go through a background check

He said they do . Which makes me wonder why Pole managed to make it through a background check with a felony conviction is bad enough, but he also had a restraining order against him for stalking an ex. How does that possibly not disqualify him from being on a show like this? Methinks the producers saw reality gold and the lure of ratings eclipsed common sense. 

• Love 6

What's weird is that they staged this for a professional quality photo.  This wasn't just a screen shot from the show, was it?  Paul actually looks like he took a shower for this picture, and he's not wearing his jacket.  LOL.

I cringed when I watched him try an propose! What a stinky schlump he is. So awkward and ignorant. She was freaked out and I am sure she was thinking "OMG, Now what do I do???"

Maybe his Mom will knit her a sweater from body hair to welcome her into the family

• Love 7

Paul is a weird little nerd. I expect he will be abusive towards her if he can't get his way about something. Pouting off like he did when he told her his criminal background, weird, weird, weird. If I were her, I would run as fast as I could from him. Someone that burns his own property, still lives with mama, has restraining orders out against him is not your ideal kind of person. However, if you plan to get a ticket to the USA it would not matter. I guess he will go ape sh.. nuts when she leaves him, the cycle will repeat, he will go in his toddler rage, burn something down, do something stupid to get a restraining order, go back to mama. He gives me the creeps looking at him, weird O. 

• Love 9

I just had a thought.  If Dinyell can get people to buy autographed pictures of her, maybe Pole will be able to make a few bucks selling strands of his hair.

"Each strand of hair comes with a letter of authenticity signed by Pole himself..."

• Love 4

According to the update they are back together. Funny that no one has contributed to his gofundme.  Why doesn’t he work and send her himself?  

He needs to pitch a show called My Momma, my 90 day wife and Me. Or How to make $5 selling your hair. 

• Love 2

Hair for real? Oh, dear, sweet Baby Jesus! I can’t believe that is going to be an incentive for us to donate.  Maybe he’s taken a tutorial in grifting from wannabe missionary Derick Dillard, Husband Jill Duggar.

Maybe Paul could also regale us with his Interpretive dance skills.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Now he's saying on Facebook the GoFundMe is canceled due to recent developments and saying "One thing I will not tolerate is cheating."  They may be broken up again.

The Gofundme was probably taken down because Paul should be working instead of mooching money. Where does he think the people who donate get their money?  They work.

• Love 11