Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, deedee2 said:

Yes, I've been wondering whether - once Abby is in the States - if she and Chris will continue their sugar baby/daddy arrangement. Chris doesn't want to marry her or bring her to the U.S. himself, and he doesn't seem to mind her hooking up with other American daddies. I wonder, though, if he'd find her less "exotic" if he were flying to meet her in Ohio (or wherever Sean lives) rather than Haiti or the DR. It's a bizarre situation with those guys. Sean can be her father, and Chris can be her grandfather. Eww.

Chris is happy to get his jollies with Abby, but he's pragmatic. He knows she wants marriage, and out of Haiti. He won't do it, but he cares enough about her to encourage her to go after her goal. I've seen it in action--an older guy is with a younger woman, they say things like "I want her to meet someone nice". They know they are too old, too set in their ways, too married, too interested in the party life, whatever. Chris is encouraging Abby,  but Abby doesn't want to give him up. That's going to be her downfall. She has to say good bye to Chris if she's going to commit to her plan of hooking an American guy who will actually marry her and get her out of Haiti. He's been around. He's probably been through this scenario several times. A cute playmate for a summer, and when their time is up,he says "you deserve the best, baby. Go on and meet someone nice, get married, have some babies. I'm not the guy for you. But you will always be special to me". 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bellalisa said:

I can't imagine Pole being able to speak even basic Portuguese. He can't pronounce all the syllables in English. He is so dumb that when he speaks to the Brazilians, he doesn't try to speak more slowly and clearly. He also keeps using colloquialisms an idiomatic expressions.  Even the way he says Karine BUGS the shit out of me. As a former Italian professor, in most languages you need to pronounce each letter and syllable to be understood.  The way he runs all the syllables and words together you cannot understand his English without subtitles. They way he said "STD test" was so so so fast.  I recently went to an Italian speakers meet up and there was one guy who thought he was so good at Italian because he was speaking really fast, but I could not understand him as he was not speaking clearly. It was too fast! He needed to slow down and pronounce each letter. He taught himself on the internet, so I get that he has not been around Italians to get the proper rhythm and intonation but damn he thought he was so good and he was terrible. 

I just don't see Pole having the intelligence and wherewithal and sensitivity to learn Portuguese or any language. He is clueless. You can't be clueless and learn to speak a foreign language.  Of course I 100% agree that he should have been at least TRYING all this time! 

THIS!  My husband is from England, is a native ENGLISH speaker, and I didn't even realize I was slowing down my natural speech, not using slang, & enunciating for him until he pointed out that, one one my phone calls to work in an effort to get an extra day off, he said he couldn't understand a word.  Apparently I immediately went into "California Girl" with slang & idioms, and didn't even realize I had been making concessions for him.  From that moment on I realized we were both doing it subconsciously.

Edited to add that neither Pole nor Kreeny have made any effort to learn each other's language, which is why they don't see the need for this.

Edited by Kath94
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I get the Family Chantel comparison, but can we please not call him Cousin Larry?  I don't want the awesomeness of the tv show Perfect Strangers sullied by this nonsense.  Although Balki did often have a goat...

Totally forgot about that!

10 hours ago, Normades said:

When Larry sat back  while his cousin and wife said derogatory things about Jenny it reminded me of someone I know.  They sit back and act all meek while they let others say awful things under the guise of “protecting” them.  It feeds Larry’s ego because he thinks, “I’m such a great guy that these people want to protect me, but I’m also such a nice guy I won’t say these things myself, even if I’m thinking them.”  The cousin might be spot on with the analysis of Jenny, but Larry is a passive aggressive jerk to allow them to do that to her.  Plus he is spineless because he won’t say those things himself or speak up on Jenny’s behalf.

I hope Jenny either leaves him and finds someone else, or takes him for a ride and finds happiness.  She seems so sad and it makes me think she’s been through some terrible things in her life.

I wasn't surprised. That's just the kind of guy he is.

The stuff his relatives are saying is true. Jenny is digging for gold, or, rather, for nickel. But, she doesn't love Larry. Larry's just the first one she managed to catch in her net. I'm guessing Larry's cousin's wife read a bunch of stuff on Jenny's page in her native language, and Jenny is being evasive and lying about it. And, she's angry with them for calling her out on it. How dare they?

As for expecting Larry to stand up for her, well, he's not that guy. And, even though he said he would do better once she's in the states, he won't. He's not that guy. He's dopey and spineless.

Jenny will take him for a ride and find someone else, but sadly, I don't think she will find happiness. She's already way too damaged.

It seemed to me that her relationship with her family was somewhat fractured which was why she didn't try to stay and work things out with them.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Chris is happy to get his jollies with Abby, but he's pragmatic. He knows she wants marriage, and out of Haiti. He won't do it, but he cares enough about her to encourage her to go after her goal. I've seen it in action--an older guy is with a younger woman, they say things like "I want her to meet someone nice". They know they are too old, too set in their ways, too married, too interested in the party life, whatever. Chris is encouraging Abby,  but Abby doesn't want to give him up. That's going to be her downfall. She has to say good bye to Chris if she's going to commit to her plan of hooking an American guy who will actually marry her and get her out of Haiti. He's been around. He's probably been through this scenario several times. A cute playmate for a summer, and when their time is up,he says "you deserve the best, baby. Go on and meet someone nice, get married, have some babies. I'm not the guy for you. But you will always be special to me". 

This is exactly right. 

I hope we see more of Chris on the show in some form... maybe Abby can video chat with him or something? Hey, there would be no physical contact there, correct?

Chris really shook things up on the show, and, speaking for the viewing audience, we're not ready to say goodbye to him yet, are we?

• Love 5

Pole reminds me of a guy I dated briefly over a decade ago who I found out, a few weeks in, had a criminal record (nonviolent) and mental issues. He had so many problems I actually felt sorry for him but couldn’t believe how much the little things I would do for him made him so happy. I guess I felt he was a good person and maybe I could help him get his life more together because he was intelligent, funny, and had potential. It didn’t happen then, and it hasn’t happened since, from what I've seen from the outside. Maybe that’s Kreeny’s path with Pole. At least my dude wasn't looking for a green card, although he'd have LOVED to get his mitts on my spousal job benefits. 

Myriam kept talking “destiny” and “c'est la vie” (I'll translate as “You’re not Muslim” and “I’m not attracted to you in person, and actually, you embarrass the shit out of me”). Her blow-off was poetic but still a blow-off, and I think it was kind of cruel to invite him on a romantic cruise dinner his last night, a lovely exercise in mutual masochism. Like Jesse, her message was "I appreciate you " (gag).  M. has no boyfriend. people. What woman over the course of probably a week would say over and over “my boyfriend” instead of “Jacques,”Guillaume,” etc.? And to claim that her "BF," in the Land of Pepé Le Pew, doesn’t ever talk sweetly to her? Please. The dinner was just another one of her guilt gestures, like the constant protests that he has everything a woman could want—as if he needs that smoke blown up his happity azz. In reality, Patrick needs to stop badgering women and acting so desperate. He behaves like he’s overdosed on motivational tapes, and it's just annoying.

Sean is a hot mess with a bitchy edge. He thinks he’s a catch, but he’s weird and creepy, at least in this aspect of chasing foreign, dark-skinned, very-young girls. Abby is willing to lie and cheat to get to the US. Remember the worst houseguest or roommate you ever had and how you felt when they finally left? That was Abby all over when the door closed at the airport. She, Myriam, and Jenny love them some mixed messages, though. I'm remembering Psych 101--the principle of intermittent reinforcement.

Cortney looked like she needed a good bath and shampoo. This guy isn’t the answer to her aging-couch-surfer dreams. Your “picker” is broken, Cort. Work on that before you date again. Don't be a clinger. We know you want to babysit him, but more is not always better. BTW I'm sure that studio apartment is in a hotel or an executive short-stay. Antonio lives with his mother. As Norman Bates said (and Pole and Patrick know), a boy's best friend is his mother!  

Larry keeps proclaiming his love and dedication and gets no reciprocal response. Jenny has a sulk on 99% of the time, thus pulling ahead of Cortney and super-fueled by a blend of resentment and bitterness, sad to see at such a young age. If she genuinely cared, she would have accepted his apologies earlier and moved on so they could have a nice last couple of days. As for L’s cousin, I think his motives were good (and maybe his family knows Larry needs looking after), but he’s as socially off as Larry is. It was not the time or place for cousin to bring up that concern—wait for a good moment in private and in person, the way Jesse’s mother did. Or just accept that a grown man who is in love and has, lest we forget, emptied his 401K, is not going to listen to you. You can just be there for him if and when it blows up. 

Speaking of exercises in masochism, what, oh what, shall we do when this is over? The current 90-day Fiance cast holds little interest for me, either they seem like replays or are simply annoying (like that crazy Laurie Partridge girl). 

Edited by Tuneful
Typo
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Nowhere said:

The only part of this episode that really pissed me the hell off was Larry's cousin telling Jenny, "Don't come to this country with that attitude." Who in the hell does he think he is? What's that pussy going to do if Jenny comes to the US with her attitude fully intact?? Oh what? She's not allowed to have a problem with you two assholes judging her before you know her, creeping on her page and making assumptions, then insulting her character? Just because she's a woman, she's not allowed to be upset about their shit talk? Maybe she is a everything they think she is but it is none of their business and cousin Larry has no right to say don't come to our country. Fuck him. Larry loves her and as dumb as that may be, it is what it is and they need to butt the hell out. Jenny may be a hot mess and maybe manipulative (I think everything she has been upset about so far has been valid), but guess what? She's Larry's little hot mess, manipulative woman now and it's his responsibility to defend her honor. She is his choice. Men like Larry who won't defend their woman make me so sick. It actually hurts me inside to see it. Take notes men. Even if you fully agree with your friends' poor opinion of the woman you chose, DO NOT ALLOW YOUR FRIEND TO TALK SHIT ABOUT YOUR WOMAN  IN YOUR PRESENCE, BEHIND HER BACK OR TO HER FACE. Larry is the biggest pussy. His cousin is a fucking elitist ass. Under no circumstances is it ok to not defend your woman. I feel bad for Jenny. 

Thank you!

What bothers me the most is the cousin's wife.  I'm hundred percent sure this ugly **** found her own husband by disreputable means. And now that she's on top, she will hold the other girls' heads underwater.

What I like about Jenny is that she's always been very vocal about her intentions. Like   " My life will be better in America ", " Larry has money", she's dating American guys only... She's never pretended anything else! He was there when she said all she liked about him was his (too big) nose and he was ok. These relationships are agreements. You get sex, they get a better standard of living. Deal. Then if Larry is stupid enough to think it's a fairy tale,  too bad! When somebody tells you who they are believe them. I can't put the blame on Jenny.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Larry seems more sincere than most guys shopping for brides in the 3rd world.  I think he has convinced himself that he really loves Jenny and wants a real wife.  Jenny IMHO is somewhere between cynically using Larry for a green card and convincing herself she is doing it for "love", because she doesn't want to see herself as that sort of woman.  I think she is willing to settle for a decent guy, who she isn't all that attracted to and doesn't have much in common with for a better life.  Whether she would stick with him long term, or treat him as a "starter husband" is unclear to me. 

If I were living in abject poverty and had to sleep on a concrete floor, I would be eternally grateful if someone wanted to take me out of that situation.  Everything Larry says or does seems to annoy Jenny.  She lured him with pictures of another girl and he clearly hasn’t noticed.  Larry might not be the smartest of men or the most handsome, but he appears to be a cordial, unassuming guy. Based on Jenny’s average looks and social standing, she should thank her lucky stars, because she could do a lot worse; just ask Karine. 

Since Paul is an ex-con, is he allowed to sponsor someone for a K-1 visa?  Foreigners with criminal records aren’t allowed to migrate to the U.S., so I wonder if it works both ways. 

Perhaps instead of flying back and forth to Haiti, Sean should use some of that money to make his home more habitable.  What a dump!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Adeejay said:
  10 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Larry seems more sincere than most guys shopping for brides in the 3rd world.  I think he has convinced himself that he really loves Jenny and wants a real wife.  Jenny IMHO is somewhere between cynically using Larry for a green card and convincing herself she is doing it for "love", because she doesn't want to see herself as that sort of woman.  I think she is willing to settle for a decent guy, who she isn't all that attracted to and doesn't have much in common with for a better life.  Whether she would stick with him long term, or treat him as a "starter husband" is unclear to me. 

I think many Filipinas are aware of the negative stereotypes perpetuated about them: Dragon Lady, sex worker, gold digger, mail order bride.  These are all very ugly and unflattering stereotypes.  Who wants to be that girl or be compared to that sort of girl? They are desperate to get out of that situation, and who can blame them? Many of them are so happy to get out their situation there that a good contingent of these girls do manage to make successful marriages abroad.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

If I were living in abject poverty and had to sleep on a concrete floor, I would be eternally grateful if someone wanted to take me out of that situation.  Everything Larry says or does seems to annoy Jenny.  She lured him with pictures of another girl and he clearly hasn’t noticed.  Larry might not be the smartest of men or the most handsome, but he appears to be a cordial, unassuming guy. Based on Jenny’s average looks and social standing, she should thank her lucky stars, because she could do a lot worse; just ask Karine. 

Since Paul is an ex-con, is he allowed to sponsor someone for a K-1 visa?  Foreigners with criminal records aren’t allowed to migrate to the U.S., so I wonder if it works both ways. 

Perhaps instead of flying back and forth to Haiti, Sean should use some of that money to make his home more habitable.  What a dump!

Jenny is like the two face on Seinfeld. She vacillates from looking haggard to rather pretty. She needs to ask Larry for a financial statement. I wounded if he nasty cousin was broke when he brought the Mrs home 

• Love 3

I wish I could like Larry.  There is just something that feels off about him.  The moments of temper I've seen from him truly bug me.  But, Jenny can't even with him.  It's crazy to watch her lack of affect.  

I appreciate that the dinner cruise was a production set-up, but damn if it wasn't cold.  Patrick is so transparent "I get the whole bf thing"....no, you don't.  If you did, you would have dropped Myriam day 1, and enjoyed Paris on your own.   I'm more convinced now (and many of you convinced me) that Myriam doesn't have a bf, but just isn't that into him and is a jerk.   I stand by my early statement many episodes ago:  Patrick's ego is his ultimate downfall; he figured no woman in her right mind could resist HIM when he turned up the charm (and the ugly shirts.  and the flipping).  

Pole is still the worst.  That was the most unintentionally hilarious proposal I've ever seen (since last week's windmill appreciation declaration).  The English proposal was idiotic.  I wish Karine would say HELL NO and run, as she seems stunned stupid.  

Sean and Abby and Chris truly deserve each other.  And scabbies.  They deserve scabbies too.  

Sweat Corny and Antonio are just useless together.  He wants her gone, and she hates everything. LOLOL.

OT:  PBS does, in fact, rule.  Masterpiece and science shows, FTW.  

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I wasn't surprised. That's just the kind of guy he is.

The stuff his relatives are saying is true. Jenny is digging for gold, or, rather, for nickel. But, she doesn't love Larry. Larry's just the first one she managed to catch in her net. I'm guessing Larry's cousin's wife read a bunch of stuff on Jenny's page in her native language, and Jenny is being evasive and lying about it. And, she's angry with them for calling her out on it. How dare they?

As for expecting Larry to stand up for her, well, he's not that guy. And, even though he said he would do better once she's in the states, he won't. He's not that guy. He's dopey and spineless.

Jenny will take him for a ride and find someone else, but sadly, I don't think she will find happiness. She's already way too damaged.

It seemed to me that her relationship with her family was somewhat fractured which was why she didn't try to stay and work things out with them.

Larry is definitely not the man of Jenny's dreams or her first, second or tenth choice.  But, I am kind of on the fence as to whether she will take him for all she can get and leave him for someone else in 2 years, or if she will settle for a decent life in America with a guy who is generally nice to her and who she can mostly control.  I don't think she is as cutthroat as Abby.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Sean's house is a dump. It reminds me of the homes on the hoarding shows with all the structural damage and debris after the clean up. Bet it smells bad too 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 3

I don't think Myriam was a game player.    Nothing she did while in Patrick's company was remotely flirtatious.  She cringed when he put his arms around her.  Every signal she emitted was NO.   

I suspect Myriam was an online friend who got steamrolled by Patrick's pushy American want-it-gotta-have-it-right-now personality and was talked into a visit she really desired no part of.   The pressure was probably amped up when Patrick informed her that he had involved a TV show and would be coming to Paris accompanied by a camera crew.   I'm perfectly willing to give Myriam the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps she was simply being polite and felt unable to refuse him.   It seems to me the Americans don't always clearly state their intentions when they fly off to these other countries.  

Look at Corney and Antonio.   Antonio's like "I'm not sure I'm ready for a girlfriend"; Corney, meanwhile, is fully expecting a marriage proposal.   I think the Patricks and Courtneys get it stuck in their heads that once they're on-site, their magical personalities will overcome all obstacles.   Isn't it possible that Myriam and Patrick were never truly close at all -- not close enough even for her to feel a responsibility to divulge details of her personal life, i.e., her boyfriend, to some guy on the web -- and that Patrick's expectations were one big fantasy that he projected onto her?    Who knows if he ever divulged the name of the program -- 90 Day Fiance -- to Myriam?   Like Antonio, Myriam never gave the impression of knowing or understanding that the person visiting her was spouse-shopping.   Myriam felt put upon by the mere idea of Patrick wanting to date her.   Does anyone actually believe Myriam understood he was there to drag her back to America to get married?   I sure don't.

I think the bulk of the Patrick-Myriam relationship occurred in Patrick's head only.   Look at his read of Myriam's bon voyage phone message.  "She's sending me mixed messages."  Um, no.   There was no hidden meaning.  All she was saying was "We had a nice time, you're a good guy, but bye now."  

All of Myriam's complimentary observations about how attentive Patrick was, etc., seemed like she was going out of her way to be polite for the cameras, saying things she felt may have been expected of her.   Even so, whatever she said, it always came back to "there's no future in this."   I don't know what her cultural background is, but she seems to lead a quiet existence and may have felt out of her element being with Patrick in front of the cameras. 

IMO, that dinner on the river barge would have been worth the trip to Paris alone.   It was so beautiful.  And happity-ass Patrick didn't seem to appreciate any of it.  He missed all the scenery, ignored the atmosphere ... all he could focus on was winning.   What a dolt.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Pole is still the worst.  That was the most unintentionally hilarious proposal I've ever seen (since last week's windmill appreciation declaration).  The English proposal was idiotic.  I wish Karine would say HELL NO and run, as she seems stunned stupid.  

Sean and Abby and Chris truly deserve each other.  And scabbies.  They deserve scabbies too.  

Sweat Corny and Antonio are just useless together.  He wants her gone, and she hates everything. LOLOL.

OT:  PBS does, in fact, rule.  Masterpiece and science shows, FTW

Bolded was brilliant.  It immediately took my mind to what could well be a title for a Big Bang Theory episode.

Love PBS for historical documentaries, travel, nature, and of course Masterpiece.  In fact, I’m late to the party to snark, because I’m watching Poldark.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Tuneful said:

BTW I'm sure that studio apartment is in a hotel or an executive short-stay.

Wow.  You just blew my mind!  YES!  I am totally onboard with this.  The place is ridiculously small, the stuff inside looks brand new.  I bet the crew put them up at a short-stay, and that is why Antonio doesn't want her to leave.  He likes the location, and now that he figured out a way to ditch her at night, he can come and go as he pleases.  My first instincts were that she needs to Get Out and find a decent hotel and make the most of Malaga. At the same time, she came over full of Magical Thinking and refuses to budge from it despite all signs to the contrary.  She's chosen to be angry most of the time and has failed to read him -- It doesn't help that his friend gave her hope  "He just thinks you're Very Special that is why he acts like a dolt."  Awwww.  After that, it was sexy time....for her, not so much for him since he left her the next night.  Seriously?  Who can't read that neon red flag?  He won't introduce her to his family?  Girl.....get out.  Every time he walks back into the room, he looks like he's hoping that she's gone....so his face falls a bit before he says "Hi."  Corny needs to put down the wine....think a bit....call her gf's and tell them what's up so they can talk some sense into her....grab her backpack and head to the nearest hostel where she can meet a nice, cute American guy who will travel around with her.  

Patrick is another one who refuses to read a room.  Miriam did not send him "mixed signals," she sent an email reinforcing that she wants Her Cheerleader to Keep In Touch.  She has no bf and she doesn't want Patrick, but she likes attention and he gives it to her.  Patrick needs to slow down, look at his daughter, and Get Back with his BABYMAMA and work on that relationship.  For some reason, he thinks he's too good for her, and he is wrong.  Patrick is selfish and this ego trip with Miriam should have taught him some lessons, but he is oblivious and still thinks "Our Story Is Not Over."  Um...yes, it is.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Tuneful said:

Sean is a hot mess with a bitchy edge. He thinks he’s a catch, but he’s weird and creepy, at least in this aspect of chasing foreign, dark-skinned, very-young girls. Abby is willing to lie and cheat to get to the US. Remember the worst houseguest or roommate you ever had and how you felt when they finally left? That was Abby all over when the door closed at the airport. She, Myriam, and Jenny love them some mixed messages, though. I'm remembering Psych 101--the principle of intermittent reinforcement.

Your “picker” is broken, Cort. Work on that before you date again. Don't be a clinger. We know you want to babysit him, but more is not always better. BTW I'm sure that studio apartment is in a hotel or an executive short-stay. Antonio lives with his mother. As Norman Bates said (and Pole also knows), a boy's best friend is his mother!  

Well put! I think Chris was surprised and Sean's lack of sophistication, indicated by the way he went from zero to bitchy seemingly from out of nowhere, oblivious to all the nuances of the situation.

Cort's picker is so broken! Antonio is just not that into you. He'll be ready to settle down when he is 70. In the meantime, he wants her OUT of his closet apartment!

6 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

BabyMama is stunning and does not want Patrick! She is way too good for him.

I read that differently. I think BabyMama still has the hots for Patrick and will dis any other woman who crosses his path.

In Miriam's case, she was conveniently accurate.

• Love 4

i don't get all the hate for Patrick... maybe he loves attention sure but he didn't come across as a bad guy.

Myriam is the one who had a BF and yet spent the weekend with another guy that she knew was into her. Then complained about HER feelings when she was playing two guys. I think maybe she liked talking to Patrick but didn't actually think he'd come to visit and she was kinda caught off guard when he did. But she too seemed to like his attention and I didn't get the sense from her that she was pushing him away. I think she enjoyed playing hard to get.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I did a quick search and arson is not one of the crimes that would require a US Citizen to get a waiver to be a K1 sponsor.  

If Pole has a domestic violence conviction he would apparently need a waiver.  He mentioned a restraining order but I don't recall him mentioning a DV conviction.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I did a quick search and arson is not one of the crimes that would require a US Citizen to get a waiver to be a K1 sponsor.

Why do I feel like Income Tax Evasion is one?

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

BabyMama is stunning and does not want Patrick! She is way too good for him.

Stunning?  Let's dial that down a little bit......Let's say she's nice looking.    But stunning, I don't think so.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

Stunning?  Let's dial that down a little bit......Let's say she's nice looking.    But stunning, I don't think so.

This is starting to sound like an episode of "The Office". Is she hotter than Hilary Swank?  Can someone post a photo so we can have a debate, followed by a vote? :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 6

Lol! okay I thought she was very beautiful...maybe more like pretty and cute with gorgeous perfect features. Maybe stunning was a bit strong. In any case posters here keep suggesting he try to go back to her. I am saying she doesn't want HIM. 

46 minutes ago, EDTV said:

i don't get all the hate for Patrick... maybe he loves attention sure but he didn't come across as a bad guy.

Myriam is the one who had a BF and yet spent the weekend with another guy that she knew was into her. Then complained about HER feelings when she was playing two guys. I think maybe she liked talking to Patrick but didn't actually think he'd come to visit and she was kinda caught off guard when he did. But she too seemed to like his attention and I didn't get the sense from her that she was pushing him away. I think she enjoyed playing hard to get.

I feel like when Myriam said Patrick was what every woman wants that she meant a guy who worships her. I think they edited out what she meant. She meant every woman wants a boyfriend or husband who says all these nice things about them. Patrick is saying wonderful things about her and she likes that. I think she was saying too bad she can't get that from a guy she is into! I mean we all feel this way!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

Lol! okay I thought she was very beautiful...maybe more like pretty and cute with gorgeous perfect features. Maybe stunning was a bit strong. In any case posters here keep suggesting he try to go back to her. I am saying she doesn't want HIM. 

I feel like when Myriam said Patrick was what every woman wants that she meant a guy who worships her. I think they edited out what she meant. She meant every woman wants a boyfriend or husband who says all these nice things about them. Patrick is saying wonderful things about her and she likes that. I think she was saying too bad she can't get that from a guy she is into! I mean we all feel this way!

agree, but I don't think she acted like she wasn't into him either. I think maybe he came on very strong, he has a very strong personality, and I think her not wanting him made him want her more. But still, she spent an entire week with him, which in it of itself was leading him on and I'm sure her BF would not have been happy about that, and I didn't flat out hear her tell him no either. but i think it was too risky for her to be with him... since he's from another country, religion, has a kid already and seems like he wants a lot of attention, where as she came across as much more laid back.

14 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

"The first one she managed to catch in her net".  That is it in a nutshell.  However, she is assuming that Larry has money because he is an American and will provide her with this great life in America.  That is the myth and what a lot of these women groom themselves for....not realizing that most of these guys are losers and desperate and do not have any stability and most of all will not provide them with this "glamorous" life.

I feel sorry for Karine.  She is so desperate to leave her situation that she is willing to put up with Paul despite knowing he has a record just to go to America. Not exactly sure what she expects to find there with him.  Paul will still be Paul...he is not going to transform into a prince.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, EDTV said:

agree, but I don't think she acted like she wasn't into him either. I think maybe he came on very strong, he has a very strong personality, and I think her not wanting him made him want her more. But still, she spent an entire week with him, which in it of itself was leading him on and I'm sure her BF would not have been happy about that, and I didn't flat out hear her tell him no either. but i think it was too risky for her to be with him... since he's from another country, religion, has a kid already and seems like he wants a lot of attention, where as she came across as much more laid back.

Patrick is a celebrity of sorts. That makes up for A LOT. If Patrick were 6 inches taller or more, I'd say he was an extremely handsome guy. But Cameo is short too so his height might not bother her. His body is BANANAS! And again, he's a professional athlete.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, EDTV said:

I think she was having the problem a lot of people have when they are young where they have a hard time just saying "I'm not interested."  She's only 22.  I used to do that at her age - when "nice guys" wouldn't back off, but they were "nice" so I felt bad just telling them to beat it.  Also I think some people, when they are young, think that there is a kind of obligation (not a literal one, but a "social" one I guess) to be friendly with people.  There's not.    

I don't necessarily think she led him on while he was there (she looked totally disgusted when he was grabbing her at the gym...), but she definitely should have nipped this whole thing in the bud way before he showed up in Paris.  And I don't think there actually is a boyfriend.   If there is, not a serious one - like if she was into Patrick when he showed up she would have gone with it, but she wasn't so she "has a boyfriend."

In any event, I find Patrick so overbearing and obnoxious and full of shit, that I can't help but be on Myriam's side, in comparison, ha. 

• Love 5

I don't she could have nipped it in the bud, nor could Antonio- they are both under contract to do the show. This is the only reason she showed him around Paris. She probably told the producers that she would do the show but did not want to have to make out with him. We as viewers tend to forget this and think people should act more rational or we see they say one thing but act another way. They need to fulfill their obligation to the show. Antonio would have been out of there on Day 1.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, wovenloaf said:

I think she was having the problem a lot of people have when they are young where they have a hard time just saying "I'm not interested." 

Why is anyone ever too young to tell the truth?  She seems extremely manipulative to me, beyond her years.  

• Love 1

According to MY translation device, Miriam's boyfriend's name is "George Verre"

Was it explained in an earlier episode how Larry's cousin met his Filipina wife? Apparently he got a submissive one, Love. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Sprockets said:

Why is anyone ever too young to tell the truth?  She seems extremely manipulative to me, beyond her years.  

I didn't say anyone, young or old, shouldn't tell the truth.  Just that people at that age often have a hard time being upfront when they're not into someone who is into them.   And that a lot of people (not all, unfortunately...) get better at such situations as they get older. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Was it explained in an earlier episode how Larry's cousin met his Filipina wife? Apparently he got a submissive one, Love. 

I seem to remember Larry saying he went on Philippino Cupid because that's where his cousin met his wife. But I could be wrong.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, millennium said:

happity-ass Patrick didn't seem to appreciate any of it.  He missed all the scenery, ignored the atmosphere ... all he could focus on was winning.   What a dolt.

I don't know why, but the thing that bugs me the most about Patrick are the blonde ends of his hair. He has nice looking hair otherwise....but when I see the back I think "ew..dingleberries!"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, wovenloaf said:

I didn't say anyone, young or old, shouldn't tell the truth.  Just that people at that age often have a hard time being upfront when they're not into someone who is into them.   And that a lot of people (not all, unfortunately...) get better at such situations as they get older. 

This is very true.  Especially since most women have been raised with the idea of being nice to everyone.  When young, there's usually more of a back and forth with the woman getting increasingly direct.  As you age, you tend to shorten that exchange considerably.  Younger women also tend to think if they like having someone around, even if they want nothing to do with their bathing suit areas, then they can be just friends all easy peasy.  With time, you hopefully learn that it's better to cut someone out of your life completely rather than have to deal with an ongoing tug of war with someone way more interested in you than you are in them.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I don't know why, but the thing that bugs me the most about Patrick are the blonde ends of his hair. He has nice looking hair otherwise....but when I see the back I think "ew..dingleberries!"

The blonde ends and all the metal in his face drove me nuts too.  He seems like a nice guy, and as far as I can tell from a heterosexual male perspective an attractive one.  :)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bellalisa said:

I wanted to scream at Myriam that the only reason he's being Mr. Attentive and Adoring is because he wants to SCORE.  The guy's a player.  He's used to telling women all the pretty things they want to hear, apparently at least until he impregnates them. 

• Love 6

I think it is long past time that we came up with proper ship names for all the happy couples.

Here are my nominations:

1) Larry and Jenny =  Lenny - This one seems obvious.  Can I get a second?

2) Paul and Karine = Pauline (pronounced Pole-ee-knee of course)

3) Patrick and Miriam = Patriam has a nice ring to it.

4) Sean and Abby = These 2 names didn't combine very well (much like the couple), but since Chris is always coming in between them, I put a C between their names and got "Scabby"  

5) Courtney and Antonio = Corntonio, though Antney also works.

6) Darcey and Jesse = Honestly, I have been ignoring these two and had to look up their names but I guess Jercey is an appropriately uninteresting name for them.  

Any more suggestions?

• Love 21
3 hours ago, deedee2 said:
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I seem to remember Larry saying he went on Philippino Cupid because that's where his cousin met his wife. But I could be wrong.

Thanks, that rings a bell. So, Cousin and Cousin's Wife really shouldn't be too judgey! 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

4) Sean and Abby = These 2 names didn't combine very well (much like the couple), but since Chris is always coming in between them, I put a C between their names and got "Scabby"  

Shabby.  

50 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

6) Darcey and Jesse = Honestly, I have been ignoring these two and had to look up their names but I guess Jercey is an appropriately uninteresting name for them.  

Vomit.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Shabby.  

Vomit.

Maybe Seabby, but pronounced as "Shabby".  I still like Scabby as Chris definitely belongs between them.  I am on the fence whether to pronounce it with a short A sound or with a long A sound in honor of the parasites the 3 of them share. :)

Is "Vomit" a reaction to Jercey or a suggestion for the couple's ship name?

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 3