Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

If you believe that Myriam didn't know about Patrick's intentions, that she made it clear to him that he was permanently in the friend zone, and didn't lead him on in any way, your view makes sense.  Personally, I don't believe that.  I just can't see Patrick flying off to Paris (France) and the TLC cameras following him there, without some indication from Myriam that a romantic relationship was on the table.  

I think Patrick is so caught up in his own awesomeness that he figured Myriam would simply melt into his arms after the first backflip.   He saw it as a challenge but was convinced he'd triumph in the end -- because how could any woman possibly resist him? -- and that's why he brought the cameras along.  His whole demeanor towards Myriam was condescending, like I don't get why you're not into me yet.  I say the right things, tumble good, and all my clothes have rips in them.    He went at the task like it was a math calculation that wasn't adding up.

I never got the feeling Patrick felt any true love for Myriam.   It was all talking points and putting a win on the board.   Maybe it was the editing but I never saw Patrick exhibit much interest in discovering who Myriam is.   He asked a few questions but it felt obligatory.  He never asked to see her part of Paris, where she grew up, never tried to learn more about her family and her background, what kind of music she likes, etc.,   In these respects, even morons Pole and Larry made more of an effort than Patrick did.  He was all ME, ME, ME.  

Further underscoring Patrick's unsuitability as a suitor is that he failed to win Myriam over in what is arguably the most romantic city on earth.   I mean, if there was ever a chance, THAT's where it was going to happen.  He's in a storyline tailor-made for Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, with world-class staging for romance --  the Eiffel Tower, the Tuileries, Notre Dame, Montmartre, the Seine, the clubs and cafes -- and despite it all, he never managed to see beyond his own pathetic self-interest. 

He took her to a gym, for God's sake.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Dobian said:

If not for herself, Darcey needs to think of her daughters and get off of this reality tv nonsense.  I can't imagine what went through their heads watching this psycho abuse their mother on tv, and Darcey is insane if she would allow that to happen in front of them.  Shaun Robinson should have done more than look on horrified, she should have intervened and called Jesse on the spot for his abusive meltdown.  And TLC should be ashamed of itself for letting the ugly scene play out because it makes for "great drama".  What if the guy physically assaulted her?  The way he launched into Darcey, then snuggled up to her, then launched into her again, is classic abuse behavior.  The look on his face when the producer was talking to them off-set at the end was like a volcano about to explode.  The guy is genuinely nuts and needs a shrink, and she should never have him around her kids, though I guess she has.

Intervene?  I was waiting for Shaun Robinson to ask Darcey if she would like a glass of wine to calm down.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Darcy & Jesse should get lifetime restraining orders for each other. Jesse’s behavior is scary. At the end it really seemed like Darcy was done with his shit,you could see the anger all over he face when she said she’s tired of fighting the same fight.

Jesse seemed wired; like he was on something. If he treats her like that on National Television, I’d hate to see how he treats her in private.  I am having a hard time understanding why Darcy is choosing to be with someone who according to her, calls her the “B” word, constantly demeans her and makes her feel less than.  Darcy may be “flighty”, but she strikes me as a kind and decent person.  She needs to bid him “tot ziens” and find a nice, age appropriate gentleman with a 401k and pension.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Jesse seemed wired; like he was on something. If he treats her like that on National Television, I’d hate to see how he treats her in private.  

His eyes were sociopathic. The none-blinking glare. And automatically blaming her for everything said that he didn't like, and blaming her for any behaviour now, or in the future, going wrong. She needs to run for the nearest exit, he is a potential abuser, looking for a victim to control. And he sure did not come across as good-looking or anything. And that 'appreciation ring'? He insulted her on national television. She should have quit all communication and mailed back that stupid jewellery. 

• Love 9
On 30 October, 2017 at 7:10 PM, AmyBre said:

Patrick is immature.  Patrick is pushy.  ..."we have too much in common"  No Patrick, you do not.   Even after she tell him that there's nothing going on, Patrick insists that they are soulmates.

I love Patrick's mother.  She's so real.  Moms is looking out for Patrick but he is such an egomaniac, he can't take his head out of his ass.  Patrick's mom tells it like it is.  Myriam is another opportunist in need of attention.  You are not honest bitch!   And another thing, I really like her Baby Mama.  She's sweet and listened and may just need to work out a bit and lose a bit of baby fat and she'll be a hottie.

Myriam, everyone hates you because you are a two-faced bitch.

I don't understand.  She said no.  She said she's not interested, but

Not at all - re: Patrick's mother. She's as delusional as her son. Myriam was the only one who I felt may have a shred of honesty. I also thought she was attractive because she didn't have to pile on makeup to go to the gym. She was in a weird situation, but had already committed to the show after Patrick talked her into it. We know that it was never going to be a relationship. But Patrick is his mother - and they both need medication.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Personally, I don't believe that.  I just can't see Patrick flying off to Paris (France) and the TLC cameras following him there, without some indication from Myriam that a romantic relationship was on the table.  

LOL. I can see it. Patrick is stuck in a two-years old ego-centric mind. He saw a chance for a role on TLC. He talked his good friend Myriam into doing it - $$$. However, I don't think she knew how determined he is to be a star. I don't believe for a minute he is 'in love' with her. He knew this would be a great story, and poor, poor Patrick, with his adorable little child, looking for love. Please. He's probably still with his so-called ex.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Chalby said:

His eyes were sociopathic. The none-blinking glare. And automatically blaming her for everything said that he didn't like, and blaming her for any behaviour now, or in the future, going wrong. She needs to run for the nearest exit, he is a potential abuser, looking for a victim to control. And he sure did not come across as good-looking or anything. And that 'appreciation ring'? He insulted her on national television. She should have quit all communication and mailed back that stupid jewellery. 

You have to wonder how the editing for the entire season didn't show any of Jesse's tantrums. I know that he was kind of cold a few times. But his behavior and aopearance on the tell all was disturbing. 

• Love 8
On 30 October, 2017 at 7:50 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

Sean needs to go to Philippino Cupid.  Abby is not appreciative.  He should skip Thai Cupid as well.

Abby is great. She's a lousy liar, which makes me like her. She doesn't want to lie, but idiot Sean flogs the information he doesn't like, until she lies to shut him up. She has managed to make money by all means available. If that means sleeping with older, pervey men so she can get clothing and money, so be it. I wish her well because she is in survival mode. What the hell is Sean's and Chris's excuse? They deserve what they get.

On 31 October, 2017 at 5:42 AM, Chickabiddy said:

Hands down, Jesse has got to be the scariest TV I have watched in a long while.

Next time we see him on a show will be as a criminal in Forensic Files.

• Love 7
On 10/30/2017 at 8:17 AM, magemaud said:

Exactly, and it's a beautiful thing

Exactly! I don't really like to make fun of the way people look, what they were born with. I could be just 1 car accident or 1 bad illness(like a stroke) away from looking that way myself. I don't like to tempt karma.

• Love 8
On 31 October, 2017 at 6:28 AM, MrSmith said:

Absolutely! We were totally expecting Chris to pop into the frame at any minute.

I think we're reading too much into Abby's situation. I too, have stayed at my ex's place while he was out of town. Why not? We parted on good terms and staying at his place did not mean I had gone back to sleeping with him. Think about it, stay in the DR with friends or family and hopefully they have a bed you can sleep on, OR stay in a fully furnished, good sized apartment and have it ALL to yourself for two weeks? It was a no-brainer choice.Again though, Sean just keeps going on and on about a situation he dislikes until Abby gives in and gives him an answer that is clearly a lie, but shuts him up. He is creating ABBY THE LYING MONSTER. She was straight up at the beginning about Chris, and Sean flipped and threatened to cut of the clothing imports etc. (You know, if it's a good little business, she'd probably be happy staying where she is, and just get a stable of men to send her new clothing.)

• Love 3

My friend was watching with me tonight. She knows a lady from Florida who was imported from the Philippines. Her husband was working in the Philippines and bought her for $200 (which fed her small village for a month) and the construction of some cement buildings to replace the existing thatched huts. This woman was not treasured or romanced by her husband and she eventually managed to get a job and divorce him. These women can have it very tough there. Maybe Paul, Larry and Sean aren't the worst options. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

Re Bowl and Krinnie, I think I like Karine best of this show. I prayed she would run away screaming from Paul.  Unlike the other couples, I don't feel that they deserve each other.  

I really like Karine, and I feel so bad for her because she clearly realizes Paul is a HUGE loser. At the same time, she looks around and knows she doesn't have many options for a good life. Although I wonder if the whole cell phone theft/ machete threat was staged, I did recognize that Karine was in an area she identified as 'dangerous' and her nerves were shot. "I don't want this. I don't want Paul." She appears to be an intelligent gal, and if her life (and her family's) will be improved by her marrying Paul the loser, then I wish her well. HOWEVER, if Paul ends up just staying there, passively not learning the language and living off of her… well, maybe Paul will simply disappear? Her dad's a retired cop, right?

• Love 3
On 31 October, 2017 at 6:41 AM, MrSmith said:

We don't think Darcey is an alcoholic. As my wife pointed out, wine can go to your head very quickly. I suspect she drinks like my wife does: Goes out with sisters/friends from time to time, fails to pace herself to prevent herself getting drunk, comes home drunk, and otherwise doesn't drink between those times.

What makes me laugh is the whole fake concern (re: her drinking) that he exhibits. Truth is he HATED the fact that when she's had a couple of drinks, she ignores his demands to 'come home now'. She says silly stuff like"you're not my boss". In fact, she verbalizes all the statements she wishes she could say when she's sober. He hates that he cannot intimidate her when she drinking. It's got nothing to do with his 'bad experiences with alcoholics;. It's all about losing control. Gosh, what a LOSER.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
38 minutes ago, Chalby said:

What makes me laugh is the whole fake concern (re: her drinking) that he exhibits. Truth is he HATED the fact that when she's had a couple of drinks, she ignores his demands to 'come home now'. She says silly stuff like"you're not my boss". In fact, she verbalizes all the statements she wishes she could say when she's sober. He hates that he cannot intimidate her when she drinking. It's got nothing to do with his 'bad experiences with alcoholics;. It's all about losing control. Gosh, what a LOSER.

Long time reader, first time poster! Hello folks! 

1. Darcy said things while buzzed/intoxicated that she would love to say to him while sober - I agree. It's akin to how there's always a bit of truth in every bit of humor.

2. Did anyone else see the weird way Darcy attempted to get off of the couch when Jesse "magically appeared" on the show? It was this odd yoga-like reverse bridge position because if she had gotten up, her Band-Aid, oops, I mean her DRESS, would've not been as flattering as SHE thinks it is.

• Love 14
Just now, Bridget said:

Did anyone else see the weird way Darcy attempted to get off of the couch when Jesse "magically appeared" on the show? It was this odd yoga-like reverse bridge position because if she had gotten up, her Band-Aid, oops, I mean her DRESS, would've not been as flattering as SHE thinks it is.

That dress looked painful.  

• Love 8

A few things before I forget...

1.For the love of all that is holy, such as these amazing train wreck TV shows we can't quit, will someone please explain why a "model" like Jesse hasn't had any dermabrasion to fix that ugly ass pock marked skin? I'm shocked because he takes such good care of his body, but has ignored treatments to fix his face. WHO does that?

2. Anyone else catch the Psych book DSM-5 book he had on his bookshelf in his apartment? Is that the book where he learned it's OK to be such a nimrod on television? Perhaps it's only in the Dutch version of that book that encourages verbal and emotional abuse.

3. Am I also the only one who saw the black sex toy/whip looking thingie on the top of the headboard the morning after Darcy arrived in Amsterdam? It's on the top of the headboard, closest to the closet. I had to rewind the scene a few times because I couldn't tell what the hell it was, but I'd bet all of the loose hairs from my brush that it was a sex toy. I was dying laughing because I can't believe such a controlling and private person would leave that out for the cameras.

6 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Is that what was going on? She usually climbs all over him. I thought that it was a halfhearted effort at a fake hug. 

It looked like she couldn't even get up off of the couch without assistance.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Bridget said:

3. Am I also the only one who saw the black sex toy/whip looking thingie on the top of the headboard the morning after Darcy arrived in Amsterdam? It's on the top of the headboard, closest to the closet. I had to rewind the scene a few times because I couldn't tell what the hell it was, but I'd bet all of the loose hairs from my brush that it was a sex toy. I was dying laughing because I can't believe such a controlling and private person would leave that out for the cameras.

Maybe it was some sort of vibrating anal plug that he shoves up his butt on a regular basis.  Either he doesn’t do it often enough, or it got stuck up there. Judging from how  uptight he is all the time, he’s definitely someone you’d say has something stuck up his ass.  Just sayin.

• Love 7
On 31 October, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Tuneful said:

....he'll end up completely whipped…

End up….? He entered her country completely whipped, and looking very weird with that pasty white head.

43 minutes ago, Bridget said:

2. Anyone else catch the Psych book DSM-5 book he had on his bookshelf in his apartment? Is that the book where he learned it's OK to be such a nimrod on television? Perhaps it's only in the Dutch version of that book that encourages verbal and emotional abuse.

He probably bought it after his last girlfriend/ beau dumped him, citing his "Borderline Personality Disorder" as the reason.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

2. Did anyone else see the weird way Darcy attempted to get off of the couch when Jesse "magically appeared" on the show? It was this odd yoga-like reverse bridge position because if she had gotten up, her Band-Aid, oops, I mean her DRESS, would've not been as flattering as SHE thinks it is.

That dress was awful along with the heels and I don’t care if they’re Red Bottoms. It’s like something a 20 yr old would wear to a club or dare I say a school dance. I’m 25 and I wouldn’t even wear that. She desperately wants to look young but yet the way she dresses makes her look even older. Not helping her case at all. 

• Love 4
On 10/30/2017 at 11:39 AM, Bellalisa said:

I don' understand how Sean is calling this clothes thing a business. Even if he is getting the clothing really really cheap, on clearance, or overruns, it has to be sold very cheap in Haiti. No one in Haiti has any money. It's not like you can buy clothing in the US, sell it to Haitians and make a profit. Of course Abby is making a profit because she isn't paying for the clothes. She is paying with sex. She is doing the same with Chris. When Sean asked "What can Chris do that we can't do just as well the two of us?" well the answer is MORE INVENTORY=MORE MONEY for her family. Why is she going to turn down inventory? The more she has, the more she can make.

This is a good business Abby has. The more American men she can get to bring her inventory, the better she makes out for herself and her family.  It would be stupid to cut Chris off.

Let's also consider that Abby may not be selling the clothes in Haiti. She may be selling them to her hooker friends in the Dominican Republic. Did anyone notice the trashy stripper shoe she pulled out of the bag?  Hookers in third world countries who service white sex tourists have more money than the average person and a tendency to spend a lot of their discretionary income on clothes and makeup and drugs.

• Love 3
On 10/31/2017 at 0:33 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

I'm not sure it matters.  Even with any kind of edit, we saw Abby under interrogation tonight and she is a horrible liar.  She was still playing both sides and making excuses.  Chris has a variety of um...."options" in DR...he doesn't need Abby anymore.  His ego will tell him he can get younger and hotter...

Sean's faux bravado was laughable.  I believe he loathes him but that whole "i'm going to punch that motherfucker in the face" thing was a big eye roll.  Nice try.

On 10/31/2017 at 0:26 PM, Sprockets said:

She is a really bad liar.  I still cannot make up my mind about what's really going on.  

She's an exceptionally bad liar. She looks up and to the side every time she lies, which is a classic tell.

On 10/31/2017 at 0:04 PM, Mercolleen said:

Abby. BABY. Are you taking acting classes? So you can be “an old person in your mind”?

The face falling dramatically. The trying to pretend the giggling is crying. The possibly ad libbing the text on the phone.

Brava?

What I noticed was her exaggerated fake excitement at seeing Sean on her screen. She must have read all the internet comments pointing out that she acts far happier to see Chris. Now she's overcompensating.

Why is she in the Dominican Republic at all???   It's a sex tourist paradise.  It's where she met sex tourist Chris, and he began giving her money and she began having sex with him. Sex tourists don't go to Haiti because it's too dangerous and underdeveloped.  Chris' condo is undoubtedly in Sosua/Puerto Plata, which is where the met, and it's hooker central.

I don't see any legitimate reason for a shifty young Haitian woman to be there, unless she's making big money selling stripper shoes to her hooker friends there. Sean has no backbone and should have ended this relationship several dozen times already. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, gavinmac said:

She's an exceptionally bad liar. She looks up and to the side every time she lies, which is a classic tell.

What I noticed was her exaggerated fake excitement at seeing Sean on her screen. She must have read all the internet comments pointing out that she acts far happier to see Chris. Now she's overcompensating.

Why is she in the Dominican Republic at all???   It's a sex tourist paradise.  It's where she met sex tourist Chris, and he began giving her money and she began having sex with him. Sex tourists don't go to Haiti because it's too dangerous and underdeveloped.  Chris' condo is undoubtedly in Sosua/Puerto Plata, which is where the met, and it's hooker central.

I don't see any legitimate reason for a shifty young Haitian woman to be there, unless she's making big money selling stripper shoes to her hooker friends there. Sean has no backbone and should have ended this relationship several dozen times already. 

At this point, I think Sean knows what he is getting into.  I think he has decided he wants a 20 year old Haitian hooker and thinks he will be able to control her, or whatever, when he gets her back to the US.  Good luck with that, Sean.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe it was some sort of vibrating anal plug that he shoves up his butt on a regular basis. 

It must be a nice break for the stick that's usually up his ass.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Shaun Robinson's  weird haircolor and hairstyle were distracting.  Was there no one else available to host this show?

She's like Julie Chen from Big Brother.  90 days is her gig, her resume one day will be filled with twenty years' worth of 90 Days shows.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I am having a hard time understanding why Darcy is choosing to be with someone who according to her, calls her the “B” word . . . 

But, but, but . . . he said he only did it TWICE!!!

(Which is one time past what would have convinced me to get up off the couch and walk out of there.  I'd send for my too-tight dresses and slashed jeans and too-high-to-walk-in shoes later.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

That dress was awful along with the heels and I don’t care if they’re Red Bottoms. It’s like something a 20 yr old would wear to a club or dare I say a school dance. I’m 25 and I wouldn’t even wear that. She desperately wants to look young but yet the way she dresses makes her look even older. Not helping her case at all. 

Classic "mutton dressed as lamb". We've all seen Darcey a thousand times on "What Not to Wear", right? "I don't want to look old!" She needs to have her hand held very firmly by Stacy and Clinton and shown that she can look stylish, even trendy, and not look like a teenager headed to the mall.

14 hours ago, millennium said:

I think Patrick is so caught up in his own awesomeness that he figured Myriam would simply melt into his arms after the first backflip.   He saw it as a challenge but was convinced he'd triumph in the end -- because how could any woman possibly resist him? -- and that's why he brought the cameras along.  His whole demeanor towards Myriam was condescending, like I don't get why you're not into me yet.  I say the right things, tumble good, and all my clothes have rips in them.    He went at the task like it was a math calculation that wasn't adding up.

I never got the feeling Patrick felt any true love for Myriam.   It was all talking points and putting a win on the board.   Maybe it was the editing but I never saw Patrick exhibit much interest in discovering who Myriam is.   He asked a few questions but it felt obligatory.  He never asked to see her part of Paris, where she grew up, never tried to learn more about her family and her background, what kind of music she likes, etc.,   In these respects, even morons Pole and Larry made more of an effort than Patrick did.  He was all ME, ME, ME.  

Further underscoring Patrick's unsuitability as a suitor is that he failed to win Myriam over in what is arguably the most romantic city on earth.   I mean, if there was ever a chance, THAT's where it was going to happen.  He's in a storyline tailor-made for Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, with world-class staging for romance --  the Eiffel Tower, the Tuileries, Notre Dame, Montmartre, the Seine, the clubs and cafes -- and despite it all, he never managed to see beyond his own pathetic self-interest. 

He took her to a gym, for God's sake.

I agree. And not one time did he show any appreciation for Paris. Not when he was there, or when he got back. He may not have won Myriam, but he got to visit Paris, and have a local guide! Did he ever say "its so beautiful here" or "at least I got to see Paris"? Nope. It was all "I can be a better boyfriend to you. (for two weeks, until I go back to Kentucky, bye-ee)!" What a jerk.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Jesse seemed wired; like he was on something. If he treats her like that on National Television, I’d hate to see how he treats her in private.  I am having a hard time understanding why Darcy is choosing to be with someone who according to her, calls her the “B” word, constantly demeans her and makes her feel less than.  Darcy may be “flighty”, but she strikes me as a kind and decent person.  She needs to bid him “tot ziens” and find a nice, age appropriate gentleman with a 401k and pension.

Amen to you every word you said and that goes double for your last sentence. I'm close to Darcy's age and once you get to where we are, looks and youth are great but i someone who can pull his own weight and has something to bring to the table.  All the romantic stuff is great and still important but equally important is being practical about retirement and the not-so-distant future. 

• Love 7

I'm sure McDonald's Corporate is thrilled to learn that Larry converses with Jenny all day while he is supposed to be working.  Takes the McD slogan "You Deserve A Break Today" to a whole new level.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think we're reading too much into Abby's situation. I too, have stayed at my ex's place while he was out of town. Why not? We parted on good terms and staying at his place did not mean I had gone back to sleeping with him. Think about it, stay in the DR with friends or family and hopefully they have a bed you can sleep on, OR stay in a fully furnished, good sized apartment and have it ALL to yourself for two weeks? It was a no-brainer choice.Again though, Sean just keeps going on and on about a situation he dislikes until Abby gives in and gives him an answer that is clearly a lie, but shuts him up. He is creating ABBY THE LYING MONSTER. She was straight up at the beginning about Chris, and Sean flipped and threatened to cut of the clothing imports etc. (You know, if it's a good little business, she'd probably be happy staying where she is, and just get a stable of men to send her new clothing.)

Abby travelled to a different country to stay at her ex's place, hundreds of miles from her home, not just because it's a nice place but because it's getting her income.  She is simply a prostitute who he met as a sex tourist to the DR, and he provides her with a nice condo and lingerie as part of their "business" arrangement.  He takes a cut of the profits.  She is the one who suggested to Sean bringing her panties she could sell.  She's not going to sell those in Haiti, there's no market there, it's a dirt poor third world country.  But DR is a vacation destination with lots of prostitutes, like her, and she used Sean to double her supply.  She is a lying monster because she presented Chris as her ex who she is just friends with when that is clearly not the case.  He finances her prostitution and panty sales, and she sleeps with him when he's in town.  She was never made to lie by Chris, she is a naturally scheming, dishonest individual, and does a poor job of concealing it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Classic "mutton dressed as lamb". We've all seen Darcey a thousand times on "What Not to Wear", right? "I don't want to look old!" She needs to have her hand held very firmly by Stacy and Clinton and shown that she can look stylish, even trendy, and not look like a teenager headed to the mall.

I agree. And not one time did he show any appreciation for Paris. Not when he was there, or when he got back. He may not have won Myriam, but he got to visit Paris, and have a local guide! Did he ever say "its so beautiful here" or "at least I got to see Paris"? Nope. It was all "I can be a better boyfriend to you. (for two weeks, until I go back to Kentucky, bye-ee)!" What a jerk.

And I know I'm extremely in the minority on this but from a girlfriend POV, mother Patrick is way too much on the scene.  I appreciate that that's her baby, but talking down to me and acting as if her son is better than me is a big no-no.  Women like her don't seem to realize that the rest of the world doesn't see her son the same way she does. My ex-MIL used to do the same thing, she couldn't separate that her precious baby who could do no wrong was in fact, a grown ass man who could be a jerk, and who was another woman's husband, not another woman's son. 

Anyway, the mother of a son has to tread very carefully. Be understanding of what crap your son is capable of pulling. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, NinaH said:

Anyway, the mother of a son has to tread very carefully. Be understanding of what crap your son is capable of pulling. 

If my son had behaved like Patrick I would smack him upside the head. But I know what you are saying. She is way too engaged, considering he is a grown man. My son is 23, and I cannot imagine involving myself in his love life. My job at this point is to listen and give my opinion if asked. I cannot imagine getting into a war of words with a girl of 22 over him!

• Love 8

I thought Darcey's dress and severe ponytail (which you could see the attachment ends when she turned her head) made her look like a 50s Sci-Fi movie "vixen from Outer Space." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 10

Jesse, the world can see through your desire to be a TV star.  Your "concern" about Darcey's drinking is not believable.  Meanwhile, even with that tacky AF pony tail, Darcey, with her weight loss looks much, much better than you.  She can do better.

And does the host Shawn realize you can actually travel to other countries without a K1 visa?  I understand that she wanted to make the distinction that he wasn't there to marry Darcey.  But her question on how he was able to travel without a K1 visa was odd.

• Love 5

Yikes, watching Jesse and Darcey actually made me uncomfortable.  God I hope she ditches him, and fast.  

Patrick. What in the hell. In addition to insisting Myriam had romantic feelings for him (despite her being on Skype right there and having just said for the 48573 time she didn't), he was also trying to say that his baby mama (I forgot her name.  She was pretty though.) still did too.  Which seemed questionable to me... in that conversation we saw them having, she was asking him about Myriam in much the way I might ask my coworker how their date last night went. I didn't get a "jealousy" vibe from her at all.  That guy exhausts me on television, I shudder to think how exhausting he is in real life. 

33 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

And does the host Shawn realize you can actually travel to other countries without a K1 visa?  I understand that she wanted to make the distinction that he wasn't there to marry Darcey.  But her question on how he was able to travel without a K1 visa was odd.

I noticed that too.  He really had to explain that people can come to America on...vacation?  Wow!  Who knew!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Abby travelled to a different country to stay at her ex's place, hundreds of miles from her home, not just because it's a nice place but because it's getting her income.  She is simply a prostitute who he met as a sex tourist to the DR, and he provides her with a nice condo and lingerie as part of their "business" arrangement.  He takes a cut of the profits.  She is the one who suggested to Sean bringing her panties she could sell.  She's not going to sell those in Haiti, there's no market there, it's a dirt poor third world country.  But DR is a vacation destination with lots of prostitutes, like her, and she used Sean to double her supply.  She is a lying monster because she presented Chris as her ex who she is just friends with when that is clearly not the case.  He finances her prostitution and panty sales, and she sleeps with him when he's in town.  She was never made to lie by Chris, she is a naturally scheming, dishonest individual, and does a poor job of concealing it.

Not necessarily HUNDREDS. Depending on where Chris's apt is, it could have been as close as 50 miles. If he actually lives in Puerto Plata, which I doubt, It's about 130 miles.

As poorly as I think of Abby, I think soooooo much less of Chris. Isn't he married...and a sex tourist? And so petty as to change the Netflix password when Abby told Sean she was done with him. I don't blame him for demanding the return of his car...but Netflix?

35 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Jesse, the world can see through your desire to be a TV star.  Your "concern" about Darcey's drinking is not believable.  Meanwhile, even with that tacky AF pony tail, Darcey, with her weight loss looks much, much better than you.  She can do better.

Europeans can travel freely to and from the US.

12 hours ago, Chalby said:

He probably bought it after his last girlfriend/ beau dumped him, citing his "Borderline Personality Disorder" as the reason.

Strangely, he says he specializes in training survivors of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! He says he "counsels" them, whatever that means.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

...but Netflix?

Just another way to remind her of her place and show who's boss.

What I don't understand is why someone like Chris - a retired physician - would allow himself to be shown on TV in this light. Doesn't he have social standing in his community? A partner/ex-wife? Grown children? Former colleagues?  It's kind of baffling why he doesn't mind being exposed for all to see as a sex-tourist financing prostitutes in foreign countries. I can't imagine he thinks this is a flattering public image to portray.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

Just another way to remind her of her place and show who's boss.

What I don't understand is why someone like Chris - a retired physician - would allow himself to be shown on TV in this light. Doesn't he have social standing in his community? A partner/ex-wife? Grown children? Former colleagues?  It's kind of baffling why he doesn't mind being exposed for all to see as a sex-tourist financing prostitutes in foreign countries. I can't imagine he thinks this is a flattering public image to portray.

I didn't take it seriously that he was an actual doctor. Really???

Yes, I would be mortified to ID as a sugarmama or sugar baby or any of that...certainly as a "sex tourist" and "john". Really shameful. But ppl have very skewed morals. In some circles, having the freedom and money to live that way is enviable.. And at no time did he ever admit to anything improper. According to him, he has an exgirlfriend who lives in Haiti....and now he is a celebrity.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Strangely, he says he specializes in training survivors of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! He says he "counsels" them, whatever that means.

STOP!

Where do I find this ridiculous information? I believe you, but I have to see it in print myself!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Chalby said:

And that 'appreciation ring'? He insulted her on national television.

it was particularly cruel and demeaning since he got down on one knee to present it to her.  Dick move. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

I didn't take it seriously that he was an actual doctor. Really???

Yes, I would be mortified to ID as a sugarmama or sugar baby or any of that...certainly as a "sex tourist" and "john". Really shameful. But ppl have very skewed morals. In some circles, having the freedom and money to live that way is enviable.. And at no time did he ever admit to anything improper. According to him, he has an exgirlfriend who lives in Haiti....and now he is a celebrity.

Oh, I assumed it was established fact that he was a doctor. Maybe it was the way he so authoritatively said, "that's a classic case of scabies. Sean needs to be treated at the same time, or you will keep passing it back and forth". ?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

Oh, I assumed it was established fact that he was a doctor. Maybe it was the way he so authoritatively said, "that's a classic case of scabies. Sean needs to be treated at the same time, or you will keep passing it back and forth". ?

He is a real doctor.  I think he is an ear, nose, and throat doctor.  

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Bridget said:

STOP!

Where do I find this ridiculous information? I believe you, but I have to see it in print myself!

Oh gosh. I thought I was on the spoilers thread.

Here is the link to the interview. I'll post it in the Darcey Jesse spoilers thread since this may be deleted? IDK if we can link anything here, even tho the season is over.

edit - I removed it from here and posted it over in the Darcey and Jesse Cougartown spoilers thread bc I don'[t think we are supposed to link interviews here.

Edited by balisticnikki
On 01/11/2017 at 10:23 AM, kacesq said:

I have nothing to add to the Darcey/Jesse conversation but he's a complete pompous jerk to her.  She looked better, she doesn't need this crap.  He also gave me the creeps with standing over her and yelling at her and then next scene caressing her neck.

Reminded me of Robin Givens and Tyson during an interview. While he has his hand on her neck she is telling about the abuse and bruises he leaves.

He scares me and I know we will read about him one day. The way he looked at her and when they were walking to the car. She will be punished.

I know men like him and now the fuse is lit.

She looks trashier and trashier

• Love 3