Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Yeah, and TLC better not cut the first hour off just as that 'mugging with a machete' is just happening,

then go right into the hour of the crap nobody wants to watch!

TLC must know that nobody wants to watch or they wouldn't bury that boring show in the guide. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Matias130 said:

However I am starting to believe that their entire relationship is just a storyline and that Larry is playing a sort of role, a naive, inexperienced guy, either that or amping up his personality times 100.

I wish this was true. Unfortunately, he is playing the naive giddy lovestruck teenager to well to be role play.

• Love 4

I find it interesting that Jenny is the ONLY person so far that hasn’t had a separate onscreen interview prior to the big meeting. Even sketchy Antonio got the last minute “24 hours earlier” edit. But Jenny’s real life is a complete cipher so far. Not a good sign.

Larry is the Charlie Brown of this show. OF COURSE he’s the one passenger on the flight whose luggage gets lost and earnestly asks the camera, “why would she say ‘I love you’ if it isn’t true?” I was surprised by his “14 years” admission (which seemed to be about relationships as well as sex), only because I thought his kids had indicated that they had seen him get his heart broken many times already, and seemed to have a “here we go again” reaction to his big announcement. But I guess I’m misremembering. I would actually love to see him get together with Courtney. They both seem to have nice families and are naïve and lonely with similar romantic notions, and already live in the same state. Make it happen, TLC!

Jesse and Darcy continue to be a total head scratcher for me. They just seem so mismatched in every way that I can’t even understand the initial attraction that started their correspondence. And I don’t mean that one is out of the other’s league, only that they don’t seem to have anything in common and are terrible at communicating with each other. I actually feel sympathy for Darcy. It can be really painful to be the one who is more emotionally invested in a relationship, and watching someone actively lose interest in you can make people do pathetic and impulsive things in the hopes of hanging on. I just hope she can get out of this situation with some dignity.

Patrick and Miriam’s story still doesn’t add up for me. She has a boyfriend and was just having innocent fun talking to Patrick, but Patrick’s going on and on about how he’s “given up everything” for her. Umm, excuse me? What has he given up? And even if it genuinely started as a misunderstood flirtation, at some point she signed release forms to be on a show called 90-DAY FIANCE, so wouldn’t that have clued her in that Patrick was more serious in his intentions and she should tell him the truth? Or maybe they’re in on it together and he just wanted a free trip to Paris, or promotion for his music. I don’t know. The funniest part to me is that Patrick would even think for one second that he’s enough of a stud that she would want to give up living in Paris to move to Kentucky. Nothing against Kentucky per se, but come on, it’s Paris!

Slightly off topic, but Patrick’s plan to respect Miriam's relationship while also trying to win her over reminded me that I was once in a similar situation, where I played the role of Miriam’s boyfriend (or girlfriend in my case). A few weeks after I started seeing a guy, he told me that a female friend from his hometown was coming to visit him for a month (she lived very far away and the trip was planned before he and I met), so he probably wouldn’t be able to see me again until she left. Since I wasn’t very emotionally invested in this new relationship yet, it was no big deal to me, and I told him to have fun and let me know when his schedule opened up again. About a week into her visit he called me to invite me to dinner so I could meet her. It turned out to be the strangest and most awkward “date” in my life, because I could instantly tell that she had intended for this to be a romantic visit and was now devastated that he was obviously so infatuated with me. Throughout the dinner she either completely ignored me to fawn all over him, or shot me dirty looks. We actually had to cut the evening short when she burst into tears and demanded to be taken back to his apartment. I was equally appalled and fascinated by her behavior as I mentally tried to piece together what was happening and what their personal history may have been to cause such jealousy. In the end, he sent her home early and proceeded to show me all the crazy possessive letters she sent to him over the next few months until he severed all contact with her. The whole thing made me very uncomfortable at the time, but in hindsight I feel really bad for her. She obviously had been in love with this guy for a very long time, and spent a lot of time and money to set up a romantic rendezvous, only to discover that he fell for another girl two weeks before her trip. I probably would’ve acted a little unhinged too in that position.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Oh my gosh, every time I see John McAfee on TV or in a photo... I don't care what he invented I'll just have the thought of him wide mouthed and waiting underneath the hammock. Ugh.

Y'all made me google this and now I need jeebus!!

• Love 6
On 9/25/2017 at 10:49 AM, greekmom said:

I forgot to ask, did anyone catch Jesse in black briefs under the robe? I was ewwww'ing!

At least have some decency and wear boxer briefs man.

Was that the robe that he gave her?

That's Darcey's robe and he's got no business wearing it.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2017 at 9:26 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

Darcy and Jesse

• I don’t what to believe here:  Was Darcy really THAT drunk?  Jess seemed to overreact to me.  Personally, Jesse seems terrible; what was that fight about?  He seems like a controlling tool and she seems so sad and desperate.  I almost feel bad for her.
  • Also.  His tacky ass idea of a romantic setting is some real red light district stuff.  The hell? 

I think Jesse is more phony than the hair on Darcy's head and her collagen injected upper lip.  He's on TV to promote himself.  He's trying to pretend to be interested in her enough so he doesn't look like the bad guy when this is all said and done.  Using her "intoxication" is one way of doing just that.

Of course, Darcy has the mental maturity of a 13 year old.  But at least she seems smart enough to see those controlling signs.  Something tells me that by next episode ifJesse were to mention getting married she would forget about her concerns.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, nr65000 said:

OMG YES...Jesse "doesn't mind" if she has a SMALL GLASS OF WINE????  Oh I laughed so hard at that.....Darcey...go...home, get a good hair cut and don't ever let anyone tell you what you can and can't do.  

Agreed. I don't drink alcohol, and I don't judge people who do. My wife occasionally has some at home and sometimes (somewhat more frequently) when we are out for dinner. She doesn't get drunk often; when she does..... well, I'm definitely not angry at her!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

I think Jesse is more phony than the hair on Darcy's head and her collagen injected upper lip.  He's on TV to promote himself.  He's trying to pretend to be interested in her enough so he doesn't look like the bad guy when this is all said and done.  Using her "intoxication" is one way of doing just that.

Of course, Darcy has the mental maturity of a 13 year old.  But at least she seems smart enough to see those controlling signs.  Something tells me that by next episode ifJesse were to mention being married she would forget about her concerns.

That's got to be it because otherwise I cannot figure out what he sees in her.

Don't get me wrong. Darcey is beautiful. (Those fillers will go away, right?) She needs to say no to the fillers, get a normal haircut and start dressing her age. That doesn't mean dressing like a schoolmarm.  Just the whole look she's got, the extensions, the lashes, the neck band, the nails, it all looks like so much work! I'll bet she's that special cream for a no crepe neck, and a dozen other expensive things that she's got to put on every night, as well as teeth whiteners and a little kit to fix her nails if they break. Just so. much. work. And it shows. The strain of constantly trying to look young shows in her face. She doesn't put on shades to block the sun. She puts on her sunglasses because she's afraid the bright light will make her eyes look old.

Compare that to the relaxed, eccentric look of Jesse's mom, a woman who is fit as can be and super comfortable in her own skin. She clearly hates that Jesse is dating Darcey, but she knows it will fizzle out, and she had the restraint to wait to stomp on the relationship when the time came. Jesse's mom knew that the one thing Darcey didn't have was time so by saying she needed it, she was dangling a carrot in front of her glue-lashed eyes that Darcey would never quite reach. (Glue-lashed eyes is me trying too hard but you get my point.)

Jesse is enjoying his fame. He knows how to look good. It's not that Darcey is dumb. It's that she is so emotionally invested. Instead of pursuing Jesse, she should have bought herself a Porsche. She may already have one. You don't get to run a store like hers by being a dummy. I kind of like some of her clothes on the website, okay? Not the 7-11 jackets, but the other stuff.

I have a hunch that if Darcey really pulled herself together she could outplay Jesse in the court of public opinion. What is that quote from Anais Nin about how when her heart is cold, she can suddenly see everything so clearly? Drat! Does anyone remember it? 

Too bad Darcey can't speed up the process of her emotions to outplay Jesse. That would be interesting.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That's got to be it because otherwise I cannot figure out what he sees in her.

Don't get me wrong. Darcey is beautiful. (Those fillers will go away, right?) She needs to say no to the fillers, get a normal haircut and start dressing her age. That doesn't mean dressing like a schoolmarm.  Just the whole look she's got, the extensions, the lashes, the neck band, the nails, it all looks like so much work! I'll bet she's that special cream for a no crepe neck, and a dozen other expensive things that she's got to put on every night, as well as teeth whiteners and a little kit to fix her nails if they break. Just so. much. work. And it shows. The strain of constantly trying to look young shows in her face. She doesn't put on shades to block the sun. She puts on her sunglasses because she's afraid the bright light will make her eyes look old.

Compare that to the relaxed, eccentric look of Jesse's mom, a woman who is fit as can be and super comfortable in her own skin. She clearly hates that Jesse is dating Darcey, but she knows it will fizzle out, and she had the restraint to wait to stomp on the relationship when the time came. Jesse's mom knew that the one thing Darcey didn't have was time so by saying she needed it, she was dangling a carrot in front of her glue-lashed eyes that Darcey would never quite reach. (Glue-lashed eyes is me trying too hard but you get my point.)

Jesse is enjoying his fame. He knows how to look good. It's not that Darcey is dumb. It's that she is so emotionally invested. Instead of pursuing Jesse, she should have bought herself a Porsche. She may already have one. You don't get to run a store like hers by being a dummy. I kind of like some of her clothes on the website, okay? Not the 7-11 jackets, but the other stuff.

I have a hunch that if Darcey really pulled herself together she could outplay Jesse in the court of public opinion. What is that quote from Anais Nin about how when her heart is cold, she can suddenly see everything sfo clearly? Drat! Does anyone remember it? 

Too bad Darcey can't speed up the process of her emotions to outplay Jesse. That would be interesting.

I think Darcy is beautiful too.  In fact, I bet she was rather stunning when she was younger.  And she probably can't accept the aging process.  Cut her hair, ease up on the fillers, dress less tacky and she'd be pretty good looking.  I bet that in her prime -- Jesse's current age -- she was far more attractive than he is.

I don't think Jesse is good looking at all.  He has a nice body and that's it.  His face is also full of botox and fillers.  Huge forehead, bad skin, weird brows. Personality of a door knob.  A six pack aint everything.  

• Love 7
On 9/25/2017 at 4:37 AM, spankydoll said:

Darcy had more to drink than one glass of wine. She lied about how much she'd had to drink and was wasted and belligerent. 

Seam mentioned polyamory in his personal ad - well here's his chance! But of course he was envisioning multiple women who would desire him instead of an alpha male taking a lead position. 

Oddly enough, my first impression of Sean was that he's gay.  I thought for sure his Mail Order Bride was going to be a male.  So maybe his threesome desire really IS with a man.  The woman there will help him not feel gay.  But maybe the reality of giving into his natural desires is a little scary and therefore he is not wanting Chris around.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I don't think Jesse is good looking at all.  

I don't think he is either.

I kept thinking he reminds me of someone, I finally remembered who it is.  Most of you are probably too young to remember this show though.

davey-and-goliath-dick-beals-1.jpg

• Love 13
On 9/25/2017 at 1:34 AM, Nowhere said:

I saw this differently than most, I guess. It appeared that Darcey was so distraught about the conversations with the mother, that she went to the bar without even giving Jesse a heads up and then ignored a lot of his texts. He was setting up a nice evening for her and not getting any information on when she planned on showing up. In spite of all that, he answered the door in good spirits, tried to discuss the dresser he wanted to buy for her, and continue with the night, only to be further ignored and given some serious attitude for no apparent reason. She was being very annoying and immature.

Furthermore, if I am completely sober and have a night planned with my boyfriend, and he shows up to our date already wasted and belligerent, I'm probably going to be slightly pissed. I didn't see that he was being too controlling in this instance. I don't blame him for telling her drunk ass to "come back home now" after she left the apartment later that night, drunk and crawling through bushes? She ran off in the middle of the night and ignored all phone calls or texts. He was probably worried. I think I would have had the same reaction to all of this if I had to put up with it. Jesse seems more mature than Darcey.

Good points, but I didn't think she seemed belligerent when she came back to the apartment. She seemed emotionally distraught, yes, but pleased he finally did something nice for her. But I think he was looking for an excuse to pounce.  If he was upset about ignoring the texts, he could've talked to her about that when she came in.  Instead, he made it sound like she was drunk off her ass.  She didn't seem drunk off her ass to me.  

I think he's using this show to promote himself.  He has been emotionally distant with her since they met.  But he's trying as hard as he can on the show not to look like the bad guy in this situation.   He didn't seem the slightest bit concerned for her feelings when his stepfather insulted her.  Suddenly he cares so much about her that being unaccounted for after visiting his mom was a problem for him?

• Love 1

I get a gay vibe with Jesse.  I also believe this is a business arrangement between them; her clothing line for some publicity for his business/modeling.

Does a 42 yo woman, even with some drinks in her, actually say 'you're not my boss you can't tell me what to do' like she's a bratty 16yo?  

I can only hope that was some very bad acting.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I get a gay vibe with Jesse.  I also believe this is a business arrangement between them; her clothing line for some publicity for his business/modeling.

Does a 42 yo woman, even with some drinks in her, actually say 'you're not my boss you can't tell me what to do' like she's a bratty 16yo?  

I get the same vibe from Jesse.  

But I do think for Darcy it's more than a business arrangement.  I think she needs a youthful guy to prop her up -- assurance that she's still attractive.

• Love 3
On 9/25/2017 at 10:41 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

It's clearly her coping mechanism at the age of 42. When the going gets rough she reaches into her toolbox and finds the wine.

I'm actually surprised living in Amsterdam that wine is the big taboo for Jesse.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Jesse likes women, but he likes them to do everything the way he likes things done. And he likes things done a very specific way. 

nowirehangers.gif

And I'm pretty sure he offered to get her a dresser and she was mad because she'd rather put all their clothes in the one tiny cubby he already has but he doesn't want his clothes to smell like merlot and Sephora.

And you're not my boss and you can't tell me what to do.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm actually surprised living in Amsterdam that wine is the big taboo for Jesse.

The Netherlands has one of the lowest statistics for drinking alcohol in Europe.  I don't think he saw it as a taboo ("It's okay to have a small glass"), but when he saw how drunk she was, he was angry.  As I said earlier, this may not have been the first time she over-indulged.  

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I actually think if Darcey is acting, she's very good at it.  I see real hurt on her face and I get the sense that she is truly emotionally invested.  I think a hurt 42 year old woman is definitely capable of telling her very controlling crush "you're not my boss", especially after some wine and spending the day thinking about the convo with his mom.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The Netherlands has one of the lowest statistics for drinking alcohol in Europe.  I don't think he saw it as a taboo ("It's okay to have a small glass"), but when he saw how drunk she was, he was angry.  As I said earlier, this may not have been the first time she over-indulged.  

Was she really that drunk?  I rewatched the scene and she wasn't sloppy drunk to me.  But it was clear she was emotionally distraught.  And he jumped right to calling her belligerent when all she did was sort of turn her head and passive aggressively pout because he seemed to do something for her that suggested he cared. 

She is emotionally stunted no doubt.  But I think he's looking for something so he can get out of this while still looking like he's not a bad guy.  So as soon as he could see she had wine, he jumps on it.  If that's a deal breaker for him then he should tell her.  Having a couple of glasses when you are basically on a European vacation after being called "out of your league" and an emotional visit with mom isn't that big of a fucking deal!

But he seems like a cold, controlling, unsympathetic jackass to me.  

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I took that as a snappy response to him talking down to her like she was a 16 yr old.  He was treating her like one, so she responded like one.  I could see him being annoyed, but I thought he kind of came off like a bit of a psycho last night.  I didn't think she was being that awful, and I didn't get the impression she is constantly showing up at the apartment drunk.  His righteous outrage that she was HIGHLY INTOXICATED! and being SASSY! to him seemed pretty over the top.  Of the bazillion reasons those two should split, a mild case of wine-soaked sass seems like an awfully silly one.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, nr65000 said:

I see real hurt on her face and I get the sense that she is truly emotionally invested.  I think a hurt 42 year old woman is definitely capable of telling her very controlling crush "you're not my boss", especially after some wine and spending the day thinking about the convo with his mom.

I waver with her... I don't think she was drunk but well buzzed & that helped with the confrontation scene. Either way, she's definitely emotionally stunted, as someone else had mentioned (sorry for not checking who).

The talk with his mom was embarrassing. She's trying to appeal to her as an adult, yet Darcy is just not on that level.

4 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

I took that as a snappy response to him talking down to her like she was a 16 yr old.  He was treating her like one, so she responded like one.  I could see him being annoyed, but I thought he kind of came off like a bit of a psycho last night.  I didn't think she was being that awful, and I didn't get the impression she is constantly showing up at the apartment drunk.  His righteous outrage that she was HIGHLY INTOXICATED! and being SASSY! to him seemed pretty over the top.  Of the bazillion reasons those two should split, a mild case of wine-soaked sass seems like an awfully silly one.

I did see it that was as well, but either way felt she sounded ridiculous & juvenile.

I do agree on Jesse though, even if he's in for the show, he does come off a bit psycho. And I believe he's a psychology major? I think I recall reading that somewhere. If so, what a field day that would be with a needy, immature Darcy; yikes.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1

Being on the television show is the only theory that makes sense. 

She catfished him a bit by only showing him photos of her younger self. I really expected his jaw to drop when she met him for the first time.

Of course if he was smart, which he is, he would have googled her and found at least one more current photo so he was prepared.

I think it's got to be the lure of the television show that was irresistible to him.

Possibly, calling the producers was one slick move because he appears to be doing it behind the scenes "so as not to embarrass her," knowing full well that they tape everything and will air the call.

Now his teaching videos are getting tons of YouTube hits and no doubt his overpriced fitness wear is flying off the shelves.

Now I get what he sees in her.

And as long as their relationship is long distance, he doesn't have to put up with her as much. He can just make her crazy behind the scenes and act oh so surprised when she blows a gasket. Especially if she's unbalanced right now to begin with. I think she's in the throes of a midlife crisis.

The consummate passive-aggressive will get under her skin without even being aware he's doing it which begs the question is it really passive-aggressive if you don't know you're doing it? (That's begging the question, right?)

But in order to get another season, he would have to play out the 90 day thing and pretend to want to marry her. I don't think he's that cold.

Or is he?

That remains to be seen.

Anyway, we've got motive now.

I feel so much better.

• Love 3

If one good thing comes from this franchise, I think we owe Pedro a huge thank you for giving us the Family Chantel, Father Chantel gems to move forward with in future seasons.  I love that you all are using "Mother Jesse" and "Parents Corny."  It makes me feel better about saying these phrases out loud in my daily life.  Always followed up with "no no nevermind, just some kind of ...nevermind i have to go now" because then I have to explain to my friends and coworkers that I watch this show and I'm just not ready for that step. 

So, thank you, Pedro. We are truly the ones who are #blest.

• Love 24

During the meditation at the end of my yoga class, I was thinking about the confrontation between Darcey and Jesse's mother; this speaks to my depth of character...lol

Anyway there was a lot of subtext and just totally unspoken stuff (I think).

Jesse's Mom: "You should wait." ["Because I know you can't wait, silly woman."]

Darcey: "I know." ["Please stop talking now. I'll do what I want because I'm Darcey."]

Seriously, why wasn't Darcey smacking gum?

Jesse's Mom: "Give me a hug, dear. It will be okay." ["For me, that is. And my son. You will lose. I have the power of time. My son listens to me, not you. We both know that. You will topple like a barren stone statue."]

I think I know where Jesse gets his passive-aggressive streak.

The Dutch are outspoken my ass. Not these two. Not really.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

We've not talked about Jesse in a short satin patterned robe with only a black pair of calvin klein undies on underneath (shown several times when he was sitting down and they were getting in an argument).  Guess he wasn't interested on cinching up that robe on national TV!

Not sure why Darcey didn't just say "hey babe...rough afternoon with your mom, I've had WAAAAY too much wine....." right when he was opening the door.  Why was she hiding the fact that she was drunk?  Why doesn't she have a key?   When Undies answered the door in his woman robe, why did he seem overly happy to see her like she was a long lost friend he hadn't seen in months?   That's his girlfriend.  He should have said "where have you been?  I've been waiting here in my undies and femme-robe waiting for sexy time amongst the flames and these weird balls I put on the bed that look like light up boobs."

LMAO!!! Riiiggghhhtt?? That whole entire scene was one big comedy skit from Saturday Night Live if you ask me. From Jesse's attempt at sexy ambiance to his little lady robe and sexy ball hugger undies to Darcy's squealing and high fiveing Jesse and telling him firmly she's not living out of a suitcase anymore right after he tells her he's going to buy her a dresser.  Pure comedy gold and I loved every minute of it!

• Love 11

So, I am sort of a late-comer to the entire 90DF oeuvre and am trying to catch up with all of the versions and seasons bit by bit ... am pretty familiar with the whole Danielle/Mohammed Loren/Alexi crew etc. as well as several others ... But this particular series is the first one where I THINK I've been on from Day One with these couples.

I'm fascinated and repelled and aghast and addicted ...

But I do have one major question I'm hoping someone here can answer. 

My assumption from "Before the 90 Days" part of the title was that we'd then get the 90DF from the couples that actually get the visas done and the 90-day count begins in the U.S. But the new 90DF starts in a little over a week and it appears that the "cast" of that show does not feature ANY of these couples. 

Is it possible that they didn't want to "spoil" this show so the "winners" (or losers) won't be on a regular 90DF until the NEXT cycle? Will we ever get to find out what happens with dead-eyed Jenny (who never bothered to learn "love's" name), Chrabbyn, CORT-NEE, Father Karine and his machete, etc.?

Oh, also ... I tried to find this out online with no luck ... Chris, who from what I recall spends six months a year in Haiti and six months a year in the Dominican Republic (if he's smart his homes are each within a mile or so of the border on Hispaniola so he only has to walk between his summer and winter homes) ... is it possible there are certain residency requirements for sleazy old American men so he can just cross the border and not be kicked out of either country after the deadline (I think it's 60 days in a given place), or, as someone suggested, was he actually living in the DR, met Abby and THAT'S why he "lives" in Haiti the rest of the time?

And finally, DITTO THRITTO QUATRITTO on being disappointed and feeling robbed when I get excited for a two-hour episode of these freaks and geeks only to get stuck with the most boring people EVER for the second hour. I think TLC figured out that that group would NEVER get people to watch so they tuck them in after the good stuff and hope people are too stunned from the previous hour to change the channel.

Oh, finally, I'm in the tiny camp of people who quite like Patrick (I don't care if he's short because I am fun-sized myself). Maybe it's just that he looks good in comparison to the other men in this particular cycle, but he's cute and funny and seems like a good dad and just seems ridiculously normal. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be having women (US or foreign) hitting him up after watching this show. The other guys ... no.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Kangatush said:
3 hours ago, Bedeleia DuMaurier said:

.  Remember when TLC used to be "The Learning Chanel"?  Yeah.  Blah!

We're learning about garbage people.  :)

I'm beginning to think it stands for "The Lifestyle Channel."

• Love 1

Darcy comes across as a spoiled child who gets everything she wants.  I don't find her pretty.  Just a rich, desperate, entitled woman, clinging to her youth.   She is making a fool of herself.  I feel for her kids.  Her attention should be on them instead of traveling across the Atlantic to bring back a stepfather that is closer in age to a stepbrother.  She's a walking mess.  

Abby loves Craig. I wonder is she is using Sean to get Craig jealous, hoping Craig commits to her.  It won't work.  

Patrick is just a fool. 

Larry is not all there.  Jenny is pregnant and was hoping they would consummate their relationship so she could say the kid is Larry's. She wants to go to America and marry an American.   Larry is her ticket and desperate enough to believe her lies. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

So, I am sort of a late-comer to the entire 90DF oeuvre and am trying to catch up with all of the versions and seasons bit by bit ... am pretty familiar with the whole Danielle/Mohammed Loren/Alexi crew etc. as well as several others ... But this particular series is the first one where I THINK I've been on from Day One with these couples.

My assumption from "Before the 90 Days" part of the title was that we'd then get the 90DF from the couples that actually get the visas done and the 90-day count begins in the U.S. But the new 90DF starts in a little over a week and it appears that the "cast" of that show does not feature ANY of these couples. 

Is it possible that they didn't want to "spoil" this show so the "winners" (or losers) won't be on a regular 90DF until the NEXT cycle? Will we ever get to find out what happens with dead-eyed Jenny (who never bothered to learn "love's" name), Chrabbyn, CORT-NEE, Father Karine and his machete, etc.?

Oh, also ... I tried to find this out online with no luck ... Chris, who from what I recall spends six months a year in Haiti and six months a year in the Dominican Republic (if he's smart his homes are each within a mile or so of the border on Hispaniola so he only has to walk between his summer and winter homes) ... is it possible there are certain residency requirements for sleazy old American men so he can just cross the border and not be kicked out of either country after the deadline (I think it's 60 days in a given place), or, as someone suggested, was he actually living in the DR, met Abby and THAT'S why he "lives" in Haiti the rest of the time?

And finally, DITTO THRITTO QUATRITTO on being disappointed and feeling robbed when I get excited for a two-hour episode of these freaks and geeks only to get stuck with the most boring people EVER for the second hour. I think TLC figured out that that group would NEVER get people to watch so they tuck them in after the good stuff and hope people are too stunned from the previous hour to change the channel.

Oh, finally, I'm in the tiny camp of people who quite like Patrick (I don't care if he's short because I am fun-sized myself). Maybe it's just that he looks good in comparison to the other men in this particular cycle, but he's cute and funny and seems like a good dad and just seems ridiculously normal. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be having women (US or foreign) hitting him up after watching this show. The other guys ... no.

I think we will find out what happens by the end of the season + 1 wrap up live show. I think none of these relationships workout, or at least workout the way we think.  

Pretty sure Chris said he spends 6 months in the US and 6 months in the Dominican Republic. I doubt he spends much if any time in Haiti. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SoshulMeedya said:

?? This right here is why you are one of my favorite posters. This is something I totally do. I'm not even kidding. They are often the source of my meditation during my walks. ?

Why, thank you! :D 

These people certainly do give us plenty of fodder for thought! Some of their actions are downright demented.

I'm currently basking in the warm glow of appreciation. It's like an orb in Jesse's apartment. :) 

• Love 3
On 9/24/2017 at 9:24 PM, shouldbedancing said:

My favorite part was when Larry was like, "You think the same things that I think!!!!" Duh! Jennie's merely repeating everything you say in an dull, bored voice as she awaits her plane ticket to America.

"Yes, Love."

• Love 15
3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Welcome to the craziness.  :)

This show and the upcoming 90 days were most likely filmed around the same time.  So we'd need to wait until the season after the one starting soon to see any of these couples (if they make it). 

Chris lives in the US and winters in the DR, where he met Abby doing something or other (she never says why she was there).

Those boring people were on previous seasons of 90 day so you can see how much it's changed.  Their follow up crap was just on an online series, but I guess nobody was watching so TLC decided to try to make us watch it as a bonus second hour.

Patrick is just OK to me.  I like how his mother raised him and his devotion to his daughter.  I dislike how he slammed all American women and dresses like he's on In Living Color.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Darcy comes across as a spoiled child who gets everything she wants.  I don't find her pretty.  Just a rich, desperate, entitled woman, clinging to her youth.   She is making a fool of herself.  I feel for her kids.  Her attention should be on them instead of traveling across the Atlantic to bring back a stepfather that is closer in age to a stepbrother.  She's a walking mess.  

I lost sympathy for her when she talked about how invested her daughters were in this process. They're invested in getting their mom back. Don't they already have a dad of their own? 

Six weeks is a long time. And kids grow up so fast! She will never get this time back again. Ever.

It's like she doesn't see them as individual people with wants and needs of their own. She simply projects her own stuff onto them. They probably parent her by telling her what she wants to hear.

When Jesse's mom told her the truth, Darcey just sat there defiantly like, "No, no, no, you can't tell me what to do. I'm going to rush into this. I love him!"

His mother loves him more and his mother actually wants what's best for Jesse. I can't imagine having a son who brought home a woman so close to my own age. I'd feel like I was watching his future crumble away like deciduous leaves. 

But it didn't matter how defiant Darcey was. Even if she planned to ignore Jesse's mom, her intervention will not be ignored. Her son will listen to her. If Darcey thinks she's getting her way this time, she's sadly wrong. Her coquettish pouts don't work anymore. These people are not swayed by her usual techniques.

She's gonna learn today.

alright-alright-aaallllrriiighhhttt-youre-gonna-learn-today.jpg

• Love 9
3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I'm definitely in your tiny camp.  I've said before that of all the 90 dayers he seemed the most well adjusted.  I think he is attractive with a  good personality and he's nice to his mom.  I like him alot and he is the only one who I don't see as delusional in thinking that his on-line connection would be a real person and a good match.  I think they are very evenly matched and I also hope Patrick finds someone perfect for him!

• Love 5

This group are different from earlier seasons tho aren't they?

Karine, Abby and Cupid Jenny are definitely in it for the green card and fit in with the theme of the show - but Myriam, Jesse and Antonio  - I can't see these folk leaving their home country and rushing to marry within a 90 day deadline just to stay in the States.  Spain, France and Holland... not exactly Haiti, Manila or Amazon Brazil.

• Love 7

It seems like every time I read a No Spoilers thread for this show, someone is posting outside info or spoilers or even trying and failing to spoil the outcome. What's the deal, guys? I've never had a show ruined so fully, so quickly. Maybe I'm just dumb for continuing to expect the "No Spoilers" threads to be safe... 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

It seems like every time I read a No Spoilers thread for this show, someone is posting outside info or spoilers or even trying and failing to spoil the outcome. What's the deal, guys? I've never had a show ruined so fully, so quickly. Maybe I'm just dumb for continuing to expect the "No Spoilers" threads to be safe... 

To me, the no spoilers means don't talk specific events until after the particular episode airs, or at least a preview (like Paul's gator run).  And of course there's speculation about things like if a couple stays together.

What do you consider to have been spoiled?

• Love 2
Just now, Kangatush said:

To me, the no spoilers means don't talk specific events until after the particular episode airs, or at least a preview (like Paul's gator run).  And of course there's speculation about things like if a couple stays together.

What do you consider to have been spoiled?

The PTV definition is that anything that wasn't revealed ON the show is a spoiler. People bringing in social media, news, stalker info, etc are spoiling the show. I don't read the couples' threads because I don't want that info, but it gets shoved in here constantly anyway. I'm not going to repeat the actual spoilers here because I'm not trying to ruin the show for anyone else. Some of the worst stuff has been deleted but it's too late for me... some people keep alluding to it anyway.

Speculation is just speculation. It doesn't technically belong here but it's not the same as spoilers. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Exactly why I think that he is hot. I'll be in Paris next week and will be keeping an eye out for him. 

He is cute, but I can't get past what one poster called "that Bloomin' Onion on his head".  His mom is a hairdresser, so maybe that particular style is fashionable, but I don't think it's a good look for him. He's got plenty of looks and personally to get him whatever he wants.

• Love 1

Love Patrick and his respect  to Mother Patrick.  She taught him respect.  

Abby is totally in love with Chris and vice versa, so obvious.  I feel for Sean.  The body language doesn’t lie.  

Darcey... go.  You don’t need mr NOW in your life.  I wasted 8 years of my life in a relationship with someone just like him.  I was never right, ever.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, nr65000 said:

I'm definitely in your tiny camp.  I've said before that of all the 90 dayers he seemed the most well adjusted.  I think he is attractive with a  good personality and he's nice to his mom.  I like him alot and he is the only one who I don't see as delusional in thinking that his on-line connection would be a real person and a good match.  I think they are very evenly matched and I also hope Patrick finds someone perfect for him!

I like him, too! He's a good father and he seems to be a real gentleman. Oh, I get that he's played the field, but he's been open about his mistakes and his desire to settle down -- especially now that he feels he's found the right woman.

And I don't think that Miriam is put off by his antics. Sure, he's trying a little too hard because I think he's used to women chasing him. It's good for him to have to chase Miriam even though I think what she did to him was dirty. (Miriam, it's not a complicated 'sishuashon.' You've just been a bitch in this sishuashon.) But if he can forgive her, I can. Does her boyfriend even know what's going on? Is he even paying attention? I've said before, all's fair in love and war. As long as she doesn't have a ring on her finger, she's fair game.

The guy is charming and genteel. Seriously, I don't know what her boyfriend is like but he better bring his A-game!  

• Love 2