Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: The Not So Quiet Woman

• Start Topic

I'm going with the ghost of her mom's sanity.....

And I don't remember who pointed THIS out but!  The poor child DOES have Jim's hairline.  It's all I could see on watching again.

For the record, she is totally a little cutie and I look forward to the day when she tells Meghan that her and Jim don't need her and her whachadoodleness around anymore. I'm guessing age 3.

• Love 5
On 7/25/2017 at 6:27 PM, candle96 said:

ITA. As a mental health professional who works in weight management, it frustrates me to no end that Shannon goes to all these quacks and alternative treatments. Who was that guy from last year? Dr. Moon? Please. I wasn't crazy about that couples therapist either, the one who made Shannon "die," so David could mourn her. There are actual, knowledgeable people out there with advanced degrees, who could help her. The treatment will not be easy or quick, but I'm just not convinced she's getting any solid medical advice or real psychological help. Heck, even going to Weight Watchers would probably be a good start, where at least they have some emotional support to go along with making changes in your eating habits. 

It's obvious a big piece of this is her not addressing the problems in her marriage, and a vow renewal or feng shui expert isn't going to fix it. Is it too cliche to say I can think of a really fast way for her to lose 180 lbs and divorce David? He may not be the only problem, but I have never seen a glimmer of affection between them. All that stuff last year seemed like him putting on a show more than anything real.

It's sad, I've always really liked Shannon, I think she can be hilarious, but she needs to not be on reality tv right now. Her emotional state is just too fragile.

I do not find someone with clear mental health issues to be entertaining. It's painful to watch Shannon.   My non professional opinion is that Shannon sees herself as a victim and that is a bad place to be.  My experience is that looking at my own responsibilities and contributions to a situation, makes me feel better. I wonder if Shannon does that kind of inventory. I'm not talking about just David, but with the other women too.  I also feel she would do so much better if she had an involvement in some sort of enterprise separate from her family and from herself  

i don't think couples have to break up because one was unfaithful, but I think it takes a lot of work to make it a strong marriage rather than to simply paper over the issues.

• Love 3

I may be in the minority here but wouldn't it be nice to have a not-so-skinny housewife for a change?  Most women in the 50s gain weight -- that is just a reality. Shannon may be heavier but she is not gigantic and is still a very lovely lady.  I agree that her sadness and pain IS painful to watch -- no doubt.  But wouldn't it be nice if a bit of middle-aged, menopausal weight gain wasn't viewed as a catastrophe?  Shannon is smart, resourceful and wealthy -- she WILL lose this weight. My money is that she may have gained the weight deliberately to have a good storyline that will appeal to the RHOC audience base. Then she will showcase a glorious before and after trajectory that will have her in size 4 leather pants in no time.  I hope that's the case. I like her.

• Love 10
(edited)

I was kind of liking Peggy at the dinner. Much more then I expected too. She seems to take a sort of quiet pleasure in the good things in her life that I appreciate. Her polite "bless your heart" to Shannon's drama-rama life was cracking me up. And I think she really did like Shannon but it never occurred to her to take the crazy train seriously.

Did you build your house?

Oh god no! I don't do miserable things on purpose just so I can complain about them.

Someone said my husband beat me!

Yeah, people say dumb things. You just laugh about it when it's not true. Oh, I'm sorry. Is it true? Is that why you care?

I'm so fat!

My dinner is so good.

Loving it!

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

I was kind of liking Peggy at the dinner. Much more then I expected too. She seems to take a sort of quiet pleasure in the good things in her life that I appreciate. Her polite "bless your heart" to Shannon's drama-rama life was cracking me up. And I think she really did like Shannon but it never occurred to her to take the crazy train seriously.

Did you build your house?

Oh god no! I don't do miserable things on purpose just so I can complain about them.

I liked her too. Much more than I thought I would because her roll out made her seem superficial.  I loved her comment about building a house being too much work! I only wish Ms. Heather Fancypants was sitting at the table to hear that.  

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Gaily said:

I may be in the minority here but wouldn't it be nice to have a not-so-skinny housewife for a change?  Most women in the 50s gain weight -- that is just a reality. Shannon may be heavier but she is not gigantic and is still a very lovely lady.  I agree that her sadness and pain IS painful to watch -- no doubt.  But wouldn't it be nice if a bit of middle-aged, menopausal weight gain wasn't viewed as a catastrophe?  Shannon is smart, resourceful and wealthy -- she WILL lose this weight. My money is that she may have gained the weight deliberately to have a good storyline that will appeal to the RHOC audience base. Then she will showcase a glorious before and after trajectory that will have her in size 4 leather pants in no time.  I hope that's the case. I like her.

Tamra is that calculating, but Shannon isn't. Maybe one of the housewives who have been on Dancing with the Stars might add 5 - 10 lbs before they start practicing for the show to make a bigger deal about all of the weight they lost by being on Dancing with the Stars, but I doubt Shannon would. Shannon is a hypochondriac and unbelievably neurotic. Except for eating more red meat, she hasn't stopped any of her more Shannon-y behavior. She's still feng shui-ing, taking her strange supplements, and going to her naturalist chiropractic trainer doctor. Shannon's problem is that she has no artifice. She's an open raw nerve. It's why everything sets her off. It's why she verbally vomits to Kelly that she's gained 40 pounds and is miserable. Shannon couldn't hold it together to gain weight and lose it for a storyline.

• Love 9

I agree that Shannon isn't that calculating. BUT....I could see her maybe subconsciously putting on the weight as another way to remain a "victim" and get sympathy from people. 

• Love 12
(edited)

If I were Shannon and saw Kelly showing off her gut I woulda poimted and said this. "Hey Kelly, better use that middle aged uterus while it's good. Isn't your kid like eleven now? You do know child support is only eighteen years right? Employers don't like drunks and you don't like having a real life so use what you got baby! Oh, and I can lose weight but nothing will ever fix your face." 

Just saying. Shannon use what you got.

Edited by Hockey Addict
  • Love 13

Just wow with Shannon. You gained weight because you ate and drank too much. Not because of the stress caused by Vicki. Work it out with your husband or don't. Find a way to get happy, eat less and work out. I feel sad for your daughters because you are a total mess. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Just wow with Shannon. You gained weight because you ate and drank too much. Not because of the stress caused by Vicki. Work it out with your husband or don't. Find a way to get happy, eat less and work out. I feel sad for your daughters because you are a total mess. 

...and be sure to continue going out with the girls, booze it up heavily, eat like a beast, then whine about how "this isn't my fault!" ;-)

• Love 5

Am I the only one getting Skinny Girl advertisements in this forum?

Cause I'm not buying what you're selling Bethenny Frankel.

I see you Bravo.  Watching me.

I'm not on a diet.  I made changes to habits.  Your Skinny Girl stuff has no place in my life. I don't care about being skinny.  I care about not having to take type 2 diabetes medication. 

If I'm going to drink a margarita, I'm not wasting my once in a blue moon Tequilla by mixing it with limeade.

Straight shot please.  Shaker of salt and a pineapple wedge if you have one. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, ITALIA said:

I'm 5'7" and weigh 115 pounds. Same weight since college days, and I'm in my 50's. Like you, I'm small boned. I also workout 6 days a week for 2 hours a day. I can eat whatever I want and have some wine on occasion. This is the BEST weight for me, and I work on being thin and fit. Shannon is overweight on her small frame - 170 pounds is WAY overweight. NOT surprised that her husband isn't interested in her. She needs to lose at least 40 pounds.

Six days a week for two hours a day?? Wow. You sound very dedicated to being skinny. 5'7" and 115 in your 50's?! 

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to thinner, fit people. But everyone has different taste, and some people don't mind - or actually prefer - larger men/women. But beyond all that, when you're in love, you become attracted to the PERSON. My husband has never been a tiny guy. He's 6'3 and built like a lumberjack. When we first got together, he weighed probably 50 lbs less than he does today. His arm muscles are huge, but he didn't have much of a gut then. Now he does. I can't bring myself to call him "fat", because I love him, but a doctor would surely say he is. But you know what? He's still just as fucking sexy to me as the day I met him, because he's a damn hard worker, totally selfless, is so patient with our children, and spoils me as much as he possibly he can. I just adore him, and the extra weight really isn't a problem (but, of course, I want him to be healthy.) 

I

This was so sweet to read Ghoulina. You both sound very lucky to have each other! :D

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 15
23 hours ago, smores said:

I mean, it's not, though.  At one point, my husband was 155 lbs.  I was 260.  This isn't the case for either of us now, but, guess what?  We were married then and we are married now.  I know many other couples where one spouse is larger or less fit than the other, so as far as I can tell, reality is that not everyone worries too much about weight.  For some people?  It may very well be everything.  But, for others, it's totally not a thing at all.  

Since you edited, I'll just add, it's a shame that you don't know a better quality of man, then.  They're missing out on a many women who might be great because they can't see past a little bit of weight.  

The men I know are QUALITY and FIT - just like the women they like.

7 hours ago, Gaily said:

Women who exercise and eat healthy don't gain weight. Age is NOT an excuse.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dosodog said:

Pineapple wedge? Gee that sounds good. Might give that a try. 

It must be exhausting for Bethenny to constantly try to tie everything into her "brand" and keep her products current. We have no idea of how many ppl are behind her helping her develop new things, and marketing the products to get them into the types of stores where they have the most chance of being sold. She eats, breathes and lives Skinny Girl. I'm sure that's why she looks skin and bones. (Either that or the fact that she doesn't even really like their tastes so goes without) You can't market a product about thinness and be the face of it if you are overweight. You have to wonder if all of this is worth it. Sure she has cash in the bank but the stress, pressure and the constant need to be 'on' is like having a mini umbrella in a monsoon. 

• Love 4
On July 26, 2017 at 0:54 PM, Normades said:

I thought it was interesting that Shannon sat at the table going on about what a horrible time she has had and how difficult things have been for her while a woman who recently had a double mastectomy is sitting across from her.  

Wow! 1000x like! 

• Love 7
Just now, VedaPierce said:

Wow! 1000x like! 

Which is exactly why she needs to get out of her house and go volunteer. She'd get her eyes opened to how her "hard" life is in comparison to others whose lives are truly fraught with challenges, desperation and serious issues. 

• Love 8
On July 26, 2017 at 4:32 PM, zoeysmom said:

Vicki speaks of this big gamble expanding her business at her age-wouldn't the biggest risk be that her partner wanted nothing to do with her son Michael who is supposedly the heir apparent?  Vicki has never had a successful business collaboration-she ended up in a lawsuit with the bacon vodka guy.  I cant imagine this will be any different. I don't see how this is suppose to expand her business.  I checked at her new website under the "About Us", the site only features Vicki.  I did laugh a bit at Vicki's comment that they take a holistic approach to a client's financial situation.  So where does this Ali guy fit in?  For those interested they are now hiring.

I don't think Vickie's bidness is going that great. She seems off about it. Not really happy and excited, but more distracted. When they showed that first scene with her and Kelly in the first episode, her office seemed like a ghost town, not buzzing with activity. And her 'partner' or whatever, gives me sleaze vibes. Why would she need a partner if she doing great? Probably for some cash infusion. He probably found her on Twitter and sent her a bunch of affirmation cards and flowers. Vickie's on a downward spiral that I don't think is obviously evident yet, but soon will be...she's due for her giant sack of karma getting dumped on her head in 3....2....1......

• Love 9
(edited)
On July 26, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Ki-in said:

Honestly, I found Kelly's face at the window disturbing.  I don't know why but it just gave me the creeps.

It WAS! So weirdly creepy. I laughed, but then got scared lol. I think it was the slow way the camera panned up to it while the 3 women were unknowingly chatting on the street below. Like some evil clown watching..... It was kind of Twin Peaks-ish.....it seemed like the prelude for something awful coming

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8
On July 27, 2017 at 10:10 AM, WireWrap said:

Yes, TT is not a nice person, I think her popularity as a blogger went to her head.  That said, she does get the dirt on the HWs. LOL 

TT is a little kookoo. I remember her from her fight with Lynn (RIP :( )on the IHJZ blog. Always distrusted her a little after.

• Love 4
On July 27, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Eater of Worlds said:

What she's doing to her child when she does that is called covert incest, or emotional incest.  It's common with narcissists and people with borderline personality disorder.  Didn't Kelly say she had that?   Wait, I know she said her husband was diagnosed with narcissism but I don't think that Kelly is free of that herself.  Anyway, her behavior will have life long repercussions for her child and she needs to change her ways right now but we all know that's not going to happen.  https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/love-and-sex-in-the-digital-age/201510/understanding-covert-incest-interview-kenneth-adams

I got annoyed when Kelly was trying to kill the fruit flies which we all knew were not from her open window, they were coming from either, well, fruit or the trash or from the drains.  She smacked her husband in the face as a joke and he was not happy with it.  It wasn't a light tap either to get the fly away, she meant to hit him hard.  Not only does that get her talked about, but it fulfills this need she has to beat up on her husband.  She finds ways to blame him (typical narcissist behavior) and instead of stopping she just finds more ways to justify the abuse.  The fly that wasn't there was a simple way to justify abusing her husband.

I feel so bad for that poor child.

Kelly SAID he was diagnosed with narcissism. I don't believe a word she says. I've never seen her husband behave horribly on camera. His only crime is standing blindly by his psycho wife while she goes bat shit, and he probaby does that for self-preservation or there will be hell to pay for him later...and indirectly, for their kid since they are under one roof.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, dosodog said:

Am I the only one getting Skinny Girl advertisements in this forum?

Cause I'm not buying what you're selling Bethenny Frankel.

I see you Bravo.  Watching me.

I'm not on a diet.  I made changes to habits.  Your Skinny Girl stuff has no place in my life. I don't care about being skinny.  I care about not having to take type 2 diabetes medication. 

If I'm going to drink a margarita, I'm not wasting my once in a blue moon Tequilla by mixing it with limeade.

You must have googled or searched something about skinny girl. I get tons of interior sliding door ads and Watergate hotel rates here. I was curious about staying there...it's expensive! 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 1

Well unfair. I also search for Sam Elliot and Jason Momoa and would not complain if they showed up.....

I did!  I commented that I didn't believe the product actually existed in the NY thread.  People gave me links to stores in my area that carries them.

Which, no.  It says they are there, but they are not.

It's almost like Shrodinger's cat.

• Love 3

Speaking of "fitness" did anyone else notice all the "shar pei" like folds & ripples in Tamras belly when she won the award for the fitness competition? She was bending down at the knees (acting all surprised) and her belly skin looked like,  well....the wrinkled skin on a Shar Pei. It's almost as if her skin has nothing to attach itself to except bones. Just MO. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Speaking of "fitness" did anyone else notice all the "shar pei" like folds & ripples in Tamras belly when she won the award for the fitness competition? She was bending down at the knees (acting all surprised) and her belly skin looked like,  well....the wrinkled skin on a Shar Pei. It's almost as if her skin has nothing to attach itself to except bones. Just MO. 

I was to fixated on her lack of belly button to notice. Terri Dubrow said that is one of the harder things to fix so he should get her on Botched and take care of it.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, Gaily said:

Will NEVER happen.

On 7/28/2017 at 7:27 PM, ITALIA said:

The men I know are QUALITY and FIT - just like the women they like.

Women who exercise and eat healthy don't gain weight. Age is NOT an excuse.

"lololol"

12 hours ago, Sage47 said:

This is not true. Read a book on hormonal changes. 

If you'd allow me to translate, @Sage47 :

This is NOT true.  READ a book on HORMONAL CHANGES.

Glad I got that out of my system, because this latest installment of As The OC Churns made me wish I could join the Marines & KILL, KILL, KILL (tm, Six Feet Under, lest the Mods think I'm a homicidal maniac).  These housewives seem to take turns stepping on my last nerve, so I'm going to need some juviality from this franchise pretty damned soon, lest I grind my molar crowns down to nubs.  I long for the days of football to Vicky's head, fake awards, Family VAAAAN, and self-gifted Rolex watches (hold the Jo French Maid outfit & sleazy Slade, though).

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I was to fixated on her lack of belly button to notice. Terri Dubrow said that is one of the harder things to fix so he should get her on Botched and take care of it.

Why should she bother? We've all seen her with the "no belly button alien" look. Let someone more deserving get Dr. Dubrows talents for free. Grandma Tamra gets enough free crap from being on Bravo.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ITALIA said:

Will NEVER happen.

Reference Jeanna Keough. THE original OC housewife who was, by crazy modern day standards, overweight. So...we have Jeanna Keough, AND "someday wiil be" OC housewife overweight; Brianna. 

The smallest size I've ever been in my life is a size 9. And that was at 110 pounds and 5'4". I could see my ribs when I looked in the mirror. Disgusting...I ate til I became a size 11. Petfect for me. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/29/2017 at 11:05 AM, dosodog said:

People gave me links to stores in my area that carries them.

Which, no.  It says they are there, but they are not.

It's almost like Shrodinger's cat.

LOL 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

"lololol"

If you'd allow me to translate, @Sage47 :

This is NOT true.  READ a book on HORMONAL CHANGES.

Glad I got that out of my system, because this latest installment of As The OC Churns made me wish I could join the Marines & KILL, KILL, KILL (tm, Six Feet Under, lest the Mods think I'm a homicidal maniac).  These housewives seem to take turns stepping on my last nerve, so I'm going to need some juviality from this franchise pretty damned soon, lest I grind my molar crowns down to nubs.  I long for the days of football to Vicky's head, fake awards, Family VAAAAN, and self-gifted Rolex watches (hold the Jo French Maid outfit & sleazy Slade, though).

walnut queen you never ever not, not make me smile!

Edited by jaybird2
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, jaybird2 said:

walnut queen you never ever not, not make me smile!

Well then, jb2, my work here is done!  ;-)

(by the way - you have a sick sense of humor/humour, and should get that looked at by a Dr. M-O-O-N spells moon.  Take a colonic & call him in the morning - right after you fill a bowl with 9 oranges and ask your SO to dig that nozzle out of your ass, and ruin your marriage forever).  hee

ETA - straw poll.  Fastest way to end a marriage - vow renewal or blue nitrile gloves?  You decide.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 4

It really bugs me in Tamra's tagline when she says "I'm pint-sized...."  For some reason I bet the producers thought that would really get under Shannon's skin.  Yes, she's small but no smaller than Lydia.  It just seems insensitive when Shannon and Tamra are so close and Shannon is struggling with her weight.  Yes, I'm sure I'm overanalyzing, I just don't like it when she says it.  There are so many other things she could have said!!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Well then, jb2, my work here is done!  ;-)

(by the way - you have a sick sense of humor/humour, and should get that looked at by a Dr. M-O-O-N spells moon.  Take a colonic & call him in the morning - right after you fill a bowl with 9 oranges and ask your SO to dig that nozzle out of your ass, and ruin your marriage forever).  hee

ETA - straw poll.  Fastest way to end a marriage - vow renewal or blue nitrile gloves?  You decide.

i love  you you crazy witch!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Teddybear said:

It really bugs me in Tamra's tagline when she says "I'm pint-sized...."  For some reason I bet the producers thought that would really get under Shannon's skin.  Yes, she's small but no smaller than Lydia.  It just seems insensitive when Shannon and Tamra are so close and Shannon is struggling with her weight.  Yes, I'm sure I'm overanalyzing, I just don't like it when she says it.  There are so many other things she could have said!!!

Taglines are written/chosen by production, not the HW. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

I think part of Tammy Sue's tagline being "pint sized" also comes from being vertically challenged. Most of the hoes across the franchises are well above average height. Tammy wears the hooker heels out of necessity when filming with her castmates. I know the feeling. Her feet will pay for it eventually. 

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I long for the days of football to Vicky's head, fake awards, Family VAAAAN, and self-gifted Rolex watches (hold the Jo French Maid outfit & sleazy Slade, though).

...and I think it's fair to note that these were all events generated by Ms. Victoria Gunvalson, which is why I will always maintain that she is reality TV gold and that she needs to stay on this show!!

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Reference Jeanna Keough. THE original OC housewife who was, by crazy modern day standards, overweight. So...we have Jeanna Keough, AND "someday wiil be" OC housewife overweight; Brianna. 

The smallest size I've ever been in my life is a size 9. And that was at 110 pounds and 5'4". I could see my ribs when I looked in the mirror. Disgusting...I ate til I became a size 11. Petfect for me. 

I'm a size 2 or a 4, depending on the designer - perfect for ME!!!!

23 hours ago, Sage47 said:

This is not true. Read a book on hormonal changes. 

I have. No excuse.

Edited by ITALIA
(edited)

NOTE to Shannon - not surprised your husband isn't into you. Saw your bod with the trainer - NOT attractive. Stop playing the victim.

NOTE to Kelly Dudd - you're a total bitch, and you're UGLY outside and inside.

NOTE to Peggy - you're NOT attractive, and you're a braggart. Your hair looks fried. Your husband is a LOL!!!

NOTE to Lydia - grow up, horse face. You're a shit stirrer.

NOTE to Brianna - you need to lose about 50 pounds. You're WAY overweight.

NOTE to Vicki - you're SO pathetic. Your boyfriend is OBVIOUSLY clueless.

Edited by ITALIA
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2017 at 4:19 PM, ghoulina said:

I agree that Shannon isn't that calculating. BUT....I could see her maybe subconsciously putting on the weight as another way to remain a "victim" and get sympathy from people. 

And casseroles  from Vicky herself of course. Sorry...It just had to be said.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh. Is blocked that out....  I wonder why they have intimacy issues? Lol. 

4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Insisting that your husband fish an enema nozzle out of your ass. I vote for that.

To be fair, if your husband can't fish it out for you, who can? (Aside from a medical professional). 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, snowblossom2 said:

To be fair, if your husband can't fish it out for you, who can? (Aside from a medical professional). 

I did think about this as I typed it up and when I was married I probably would have asked my husband,  but not on national T.V.  and he was resentful. 

• Love 1
On 7/29/2017 at 9:46 PM, ITALIA said:

Will NEVER happen.

Well, it's already happening...from the looks of  Shannon in real time, she looks so incredible and getting smaller by the minute.  Even Kelly Dudd, far from someone in Shannon's corner, just last week on WWHL, mentioned that she saw Shannon recently and admitted that she looked great.

I wish women would encourage each other, even Satan, I mean, evil Tamra has managed to improve the way she interacts with other women and CAN be supportive, when she wants to be, as she's aged.  It's sad that even Tamra Judge is actually nicer than some other women on this planet.  God help us!

• Love 6
On 7/25/2017 at 6:01 PM, Cherrio said:

I believed that too until it happened to me.   Sometimes you HAVE to go thru it to believe it.  I WAS that person who said, UGH, that will NEVER happen to me.

I was a size two who worked hard to achieve a healthy life by working out and eating right.

But it did happen to me.  I worked out harder, longer and ate less, ate leaner.  It did not stop the changes I went thru. 

Shannon may very well not be doing all she can or as we saw her eating high fat and drinking, but please please do not lump "us" all together.

In my case I did everything right and it was a painful and long process to get used to and then live with a different body and mind.

Your post was one I would of written, so I get it.  I learned the hard way though that nature sometimes does not care what you think or what you do.

The thing is, this could be Shannon's story. I have zero idea if any of this is menopause, but from the tone of the forum, and one other that I visit, that seems to be the overall belief. 

Shannon always gets huge kudos for her honesty. Honesty about talking about living through the hell of a marriage. Honesty in taking off her shirt and displaying her belly, both this season and two seasons ago when she first did it. But the thing is, what is probably happening is that she is going through menopause to some degree. Because she can talk about how she is drinking more, but I believe that Shannon has always had a healthy appetite for the Vodka. Certainly since she has been on this show. She is now at a point where it is not so easy to keep doing the same things and have a good result. Because mother nature is a fucking bitch and she comes for all of us if we are lucky enough to live that long. True, in different degrees. But most of us find that as we age it is just harder to keep the weight off without doing things differently. It has nothing to do with Vicki. I've never met Vicki and my belly doesn't look the same. My husband has never cheated on me and we have a wonderful marriage. Still, my belly doesn't look the same. Shannon - ever the victim - continues to look for someone to blame because her life/body is not as she would like it to be. 

This is her real story. The real struggle. But it is not cool, or sexy, to speak the truth about entering this phase of life. Menopausal women are lumped together and not in a positive way. Brandi speaking of menopause, and Meghan last season, in a way that is meant to diminish them and call attention to the fact that they are no longer young or desirable (in their minds). Have we ever had a story on these shows about a woman struggling through the very real impact of menopause and not just pussyfooting around about it?  I don't watch all the shows, so I could have missed it. Maybe the audience would roll their eyes. But considering Shannon has talked about wanting to educate the audience through her marriage crisis and her weight gain, it seems like this is an area where she could actually educate and empower through action instead of through avoidance and blame. 

15 hours ago, Teddybear said:

No matter how close Shannon and Tamra are, there is no reason why Tamra should not feel proud of herself for what she has accomplished with her body. It is amazing. And it took extremely hard word and dedication to look like she does. She can be proud of herself, and still be supportive of Shannon. And from what I have seen, she does seem to be supportive of Shannon. 

• Love 5