Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: The Not So Quiet Woman

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, OFDgal said:

I was thinking the exact same thing about Tamra helping her out with the weight loss.  Why wouldn't she offer to help her if she owns a gym and has gone through extreme training for her contest? 

I wondered the same thing as well. In fact, I wondered why Kelly and her husband weren't working out there as well.

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I have an old, fuzzy TV .  Did the image of the scale from a few years ago show Shannon's body fat percentage?  There was a number down at the bottom (where the current body fat number was), but I couldn't read it.

I couldn't read it either. If only Shannon told us what it said!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

My take on Lydia is that, as self-appointed "friendship whisperer", she arranged for Kelly to meet them there and make up but it backfired critically. I seriously don't think she realized just how mental Kelly is and how deep their differences were.

This all day. I don't know why Lydia thinks that if she brings two people that despise each other together and tells them to hug it out and prays over them, all will be well. I think she way overestimates her "powers" and she also knows that in order to be relevant on a Housewives show is to shit stir. I think she knew that inviting Kelly would bring the drama, she just didn't realize how crazy both of them were. 

As far Shannon, she needs to go see a real doctor. Her hormones are out of control. A doctor (not Mr Gym Rat or Eastern Crystal guy) can assess her hormone levels and get her appropriate meds. I hope that her exercise guy in the gym realizes that a 50+ year old woman is not a 20 year old women and simply eating less and exercising more will not make the pounds melt. She also needs nutritional counseling. And I firmly believe that the bulk of her stress is not Vicki, it's David. 

Kelly Dodd is just gross and I think she's got a drinking problem. She slurs most of the time she is on camera. 

I am not missing Heather and her mall house at all this season. 

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Warning- unpopular opinion here

Shannon was really driving me crazy acting like her weight gain was the end of the fucking world. I mean, I know it is hard and emotional but she is literally carrying on about it like she had some traumatic cancer diagnosis or something. She slowly put on weight ( prolly going through menopause) over the last few years. It happens. She has all the time and money in the freaking world to get it together. Shannon, you will live through your weight gain. I promise.

She, unlike many other women, can send herself off to a nice weight loss resort, pay for a chef, personal trainer ect.  

I just don't feel that bad for her. It happens to so many people and maybe its because I've watching people lose loved ones at young ages to cancer  ( both under 30) this year but like stop crying and wallowing and victimizing yourself !! Like, just say hey I gained weight and its been hard and now I am trying to fix it.

I see where you're coming from. I do think that women put a lot of pressure on themselves to stay fit and "young", and I don't want to dismiss how hard body issues can be. (Former anorexic here.) But I do think she's being quite OTT about it. Kelly walks into the bathroom - "You know what? You want to hear something awful? I gained 40 lbs this year!!!!"    *crickets*   I mean, yea, that sucks. And it's certainly not healthy. But you're right, it's not as huge a tragedy as she's making it out to be. And, she's exaggerating as usual. She says 40 lbs, but last time she was weighed it was 140 something, so it's more like 30 lbs. She just keeps amping it up for the drama of it all. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Tamra addressed this on a WWHL  She has offered but Shannon lives half an hour away and doesn't want to drive there.

Thanks.  Another excuse for Shannon,  "Waa, I can't drive 30 minutes for Tamra to help me."  I guess she'd rather have that trainer saying wow every time he looks at her.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Shannon should hire Eddie as her personal trainer. He wouldn't shame her, is good at it, and has a good BS detector.

Then I wonder why he is married to Tamra. She is nothing but BS.  

• Love 13

I really think Peggy was trying to tell Shannon, why do you care about someone saying your husband beats you,  if it's not true? Again Shannon giving others way to much power.   That joke Peggy told, while not hilarious....  Shannon's face did crack  me. 

I can't stand Tamra but I agreed with her regarding Shannon ordering  what ever the she ordered. Shannon knows what she needs to do to lose weight. Most people do. She tells all these women about her weight, then doesn't take Tamra's advice on what she should eat. 

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Peggy: I don't know what's worse, the hair or the neon pink lipstick. So basically her saying yelling means you've lost control, is foreshadowing that she'll be yelling at some point this season right? Also, please stop paying more attention to facetiming than driving your ugly ass car (and Lydia, stop trying to get Peggy to look at your phone!! Apparently you don't care about your life either). Yikes! It won't matter that you saved yourself from breast cancer if you wind up wrapped around a telephone pole. That was scary. 

This in a nutshell is why, after only seeing her on my screen for two episodes, I have no use for Peggy. I am sure her kids, who she claimed to have had the operation for, would be just as devastated to lose their mother due to her own careless driving, something completely avoidable. Moron. 

I also give a side eye to Peggy talking about English being her second language (and implying that she doesn't understand it all that well). She moved to the U.S when she was all of one year old. So even if she was surrounded by Armenians and family members not speaking English I assume she went to school? Graduated? Had lots of people around her who did speak English? She is in her 40s FFS. And has three kids, two in their late teens, who I am sure speak perfect English. Peggy barely even has an accent, if at all. I think this is her story line - she is an immigrant trying to understand the confusing ways of Americans. Not buying what you are selling, Peggy. Your reaction to Shannon's conversation regarding the house she built, and the rumors about David were just plain ignorance, nothing else. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 20

For someone who couldn't allow standard flooring and paint etc. in her home due to their "toxicity", Shannon has created a toxic mess of her body and mind with menopause thrown in.

As "I play a doctor on TV" I recommend the following actions STAT (also it will keep her distracted from the hollering, crying, oversharing, overeating and overdrinking) THERAPY. WESTERN MEDICINE. YOGA. HORMONES. (or not-- depends) ANTI-DEPRESSANTS/MOOD STABILIZERS (or not-- depends) TAMRA'S LOW-CARB, HIGH PROTEIN, BOOZE-FREE DIET. EXERCISE DAILY. QUIT DRINKING. EXTRA WALKING IN ADDITION TO EXERCISE. Obviously all her other "hoodoo" consultants are not working. She really does seem to be in a physical, mental and emotional crisis.

She is at a very good risk for high BP, heart disease, stroke and some cancers. Her mental stability is questionable.

She can take comfort in that she would actually be one of the "normal" ones in my exercise class as she is at 170 lbs right here IN SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY! We are not all sticks with glued on lashes and nails and "fun bags." Also she is smaller than I dare say much of middle America. A few years ago, I looked down at a sudden paunch when I went through menopause. I worked hard to lose it.

When she started RHOC, she was a most attractive middle aged affluent looking lady in the 110s.

As for Lydia, Really? How can it be 2017 when print magazines are in a death spiral (Even men's magazines like Playboy) and giving themselves away (I have a basket full in my bathroom) and you think there is a MARKET for this "Nobleman?"  Hahahaha. There are already many better magazines aimed at a high end market. There are even better OC "throwaway" magazines. I think the magazine was some producer's idea for beautiful photo ops for the Lydiot. And a non-pixie dust story. And Lydia, when Shannon does "come to Jesus" it WON'T be because of YOU.

One more kinda snarky annoyance: When Lydia stands, she arches her back to show that she couldn't even FAKE having any sort of protruding tummy. Like "check me out-- see how I'm TRYING to have a stomach? But I just can't...I'm too thin and sinewy" Those big boobs are wrong on her too BTW. She should just be a sylph.

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I also give a side eye to Peggy talking about English being her second language (and implying that she doesn't understand it all that well). She moved to the U.S when she was all of one year old. So even if she was surrounded by Armenians and family members not speaking English I assume she went to school? Graduated? Had lots of people around her who did speak English? She is in her 40s FFS. And has three kids, two in their late teens, who I am sure speak perfect English. Peggy barely even has an accent, if at all. I think this is her story line - she is an immigrant trying to understand the confusing ways of Americans.

I was going to post a clip from Taxi of Latka telling his mother he's going to America and her gasping about their plumbing being indoors and keeping dogs and cats as pets instead of for food, but no dice!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Megan said:

I get why Shannon is talking about it though. If she points it out first, then in theory, it can't be used to hurt her. It doesn't work, but I understand the idea behind it. I know I did it when I was overweight, same with anything else obvious that embarrasses me.

Her trainer's behavior is one of the things that keeps people from working out, they're afraid they're going to be treated like a disgusting monster and be made fun of.  People are always saying no one will make fun of you! No one cares, we're all just working out.. but then you get guys like this and that Playboy chick.

Exactly.  I think that Shannon may be thinking that if I put it out there, if I say it, there is no going back on doing something about it because all these ladies know I weigh this much and have this much percentage of body fat.  

A far greater issue, though, at least in my opinion is that Shannon has no outlet, no one to talk to about this.  She really could benefit from a good therapist.  While I think hormones and menopause are a huge factor in her weight gain, there is a reason that she's not working out with David or why she quit working out (since it seems she used to.)  Depression.  Shannon doesn't work outside the home, correct?  So she has no excuse not to drive 30 minutes to Tamra and Eddie's gym to work out (or anywhere, really.)  She may not want to work out with T&E because she's embarrassed at how unmotivated/out of shape she is.  I can't stand Tamra but I think Eddie is probably a very compassionate person and a good trainer. I don't think you'd hear a "whoa!" or "wow!" out of his mouth unless it was to commend you for something. 

I do feel for Shannon, as I said in an earlier post.  I think she wants for everyone to like her, even that sea beast Kelly, and I think she told Kelly about her weight issues hoping that maybe Kelly might see that as a moment of vulnerability and soften up on her, not attack her.  I do think Shannon is looking for sympathy from the other ladies, at least to a degree.  I also think her constant barbs at herself (for instance, why it took her longer to get up off the bench at dinner) are because she's feeling very unloveable and really dislikes herself right now. 

If Shannon is going to lose the weight, she needs to do it because SHE wants to be healthy or because SHE wants to feel/look different for herself.  Not for David and not for any of these women.  She also needs to quit blaming Vicki for her weight gain and accept that between nature and poor choices, this is where she is right now.  I've also had those issues and, unlike Shannon, I work full time and cannot afford a private personal trainer and/or chef/nutritionist.   That's what she should do and, as I said above, she should get herself a trusted therapist so she can get to the bottom of why she's self sabotaging and how she can like and love herself again. 

• Love 19

Regarding Peggy - the thing is, we all (I assume) have friends and or relatives who have come to the U.S. (or in my case, Canada) from other countries. I have friends who came from China, Italy, and other countries as young children. Even if they had relatives who did not assimilate and learn English, they certainly did. None have an accent and have understood English fluently since their early school years. My husband is first generation Canadian, and has cousins who came from Italy when they were under 10 years of age. Their mother never did learn English to any degree, but they certainly did at an early age. No one that I know who has come from another country as a child (or even teenager) is in his/her 40s acting like they just landed in the country. And never did, for that matter. 

• Love 8

I missed the show last night so I just watched it today.  So, sorry if this has been asked, as I can't read thru all the posts.

Was Kelly pushing her face against the window (like kids do) at the restaurant?   It went by so quick I wasn't sure if I caught it correctly.

If so, then WOW.   Well, not wow I guess because its Kelly.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Nu nu is lady business.  I hate the P word . So my friend invented nu nu.  We were strippers so lady business was discussed and displayed on the reg.  And not once did any stripper, and some of them were in their forties like Ramona, indicate they would go to a doctor to get a cuter cooter. I just think that is a lame ass storyline.  Hell with revitalizing the vaginas, I want to see footballs to the head.  Just a nerf, even if it is Vicki.    

This show is testing my limits for shit programming, and I will watch 400 pound women eat a bunch of food and cystic acne being popped up eagerly on YouTube.    The bloom is off the rose.  These hags are reaching their Waterloo.  I blame K Dudd.  She's a Hoover. 

Just a heads up. Ramon's just turned 60. She's a good looking 60, but she's been acting like a politician and playing with facts lately. 

Just now, ShawnaLanne said:

Just a heads up. Ramona's just turned 60. She's a good looking 60, but she's been acting like a politician and playing with facts lately. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, dosodog said:

Oh Shannon. I feel bad for you.  You've never been fat.  This is a whole new world for you.

You can fix it.  Quit the drinking girl!  20 pounds will go just from that. If for no other reason than alcohol and diabetes are like you and Vicki, not a good combo. 

Personal trainer guy!  Did you have to go down the rabbit hole with HOW DOES DAVID FEEL ABOUT THIS?  Dear God man.

I'm a little giddy waiting for the plate to be thrown. Opa! 

I am flying the white flag.  I gave up and watched this shit show (as well as last weeks) however I did ff through Vicki.  I might have no will power but I do have my limits!  

Personal trainer guy?  Stop with the commentary and the WOWs! when snapping pics of Shannon.  Really uncool, humiliating and if you want to get more clients, this is not the way to do it.  He needed a strong kick in the junk.  Maybe more than one.

This is just me so I hope I offend no one:  Lydia you are a prime shit stirring bitch.  Is this what Christians are like these days?  No wonder Christian numbers are sharply falling.  If she is an ambassador for her religion no bueno.  The styling of her very small children's hair bugged the shit out of me.  I HATE it when little boys have older kids hairdos.   They never should have brought her back.  And Judi?  I was a fan but I have to say if its not at your house or your daughters house leave the glitter and confetti  alone.  Now this venue, that you didn't pay for, has to clean up your confetti.  Not cool.

Not sure about Peggy and her husband.  I still think they are close to being broke.  Conspicuous consumption like that always leads to Broke Town on these shows.  

Shannon jeez.  I feel for you I really do.  I like her but this ep tried my patience.  I GET she was telling everyone how much she weighed, how much she gained etc because she was trying to take away their opportunity to talk about her.  But come on.  Quit the booze and listen to Tamra about what to eat.  Or embrace your new Rubenesque figure and be comfortable.  But she lost her damn mind in the latest show.  I hope she finds it.

Kelly you are gross.  She was VERY fucked up at that restaurant.  If she weren't shown with the other ladies I would have ff but it was a huge reminder how little I think of her.  The contents of my cats litterbox has more depth and empathy than what she possesses.  I did not think it was funny when she was putting her lips all over the window.  I hope she got an infection.

I saw that Vicki wants Brianna to be a full time hw.  PLEASE NO!  She is not interesting, she is Eeyore but not quite as cute.  And wtf did she do to her lips?  Also, sweetie, please get clothing that fits.  I do not need to know you THAT intimately.  

I do not know the history of that restaurant but I didn't like the name.  However it was sort of ironic since HWs are never quiet.

• Love 13

I am too lazy to look it up but I believe Shannon said she went into menopause shortly after the twins (age 13) were born.  The first season she was on she was speaking about taking bio-identical hormones.  I believe she said she even still had a period. 

I feel for Shannon, I do think she is with the right trainer.  Eddie and Tamra are more abut body building and body sculpting.  Shannon is an example of no matter how rich, when it comes down to weight loss you are truly on your own, it does have to come from within.  I am wondering if anyone has approached Shannon about any type of bariatric surgery?  I know she and a friend (the one that referred her to Dr. Moon) have some absolute against surgery.  I will say with the weight gain Shannon's hair looks better-less brittle.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am too lazy to look it up but I believe Shannon said she went into menopause shortly after the twins (age 13) were born.  The first season she was on she was speaking about taking bio-identical hormones.  I believe she said she even still had a period. 

It can be confusing, so I thought I would add that before full menopause you experience peri-menopause. Peri is where a lot of women like Shannon (and myself) experience weight gain and many other changes. It can last a short or a long time and you still get a period.    I will only speak from personal experience, but my peri lasted years.   As I said in my original post some time ago, it is different for each woman.

14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The contents of my cats litterbox has more depth and empathy than what she possesses.  I did not think it was funny when she was putting her lips all over the window.  I hope she got an infection.

So I did see correctly.    I want to add I think your thoughts about Kelly are perfect.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Warning- unpopular opinion here

Shannon was really driving me crazy acting like her weight gain was the end of the fucking world. I mean, I know it is hard and emotional but she is literally carrying on about it like she had some traumatic cancer diagnosis or something. She slowly put on weight ( prolly going through menopause) over the last few years. It happens. She has all the time and money in the freaking world to get it together. Shannon, you will live through your weight gain. I promise.

She, unlike many other women, can send herself off to a nice weight loss resort, pay for a chef, personal trainer ect.  

I just don't feel that bad for her. It happens to so many people and maybe its because I've watching people lose loved ones at young ages to cancer  ( both under 30) this year but like stop crying and wallowing and victimizing yourself !! Like, just say hey I gained weight and its been hard and now I am trying to fix it.

If I could like this 10 times, I would.

Get over it. I am someone who struggles with my weight, too, so I can definitely sympathize. But it is fixable and you have some power/control over it. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, bagger said:

Kelly a pig and a poor excuse of a human being.

Someone who gets off on pushing peoples buttons, make them go off the rails, and enjoys making others feel horribly is the shittiest person to shit.  Shannon is clearly struggling with her weight and mental issues and then you have this c*nt acting like this is disgusting.  BRAVO you give airtime to this horrible person and you should be ashamed.  She isn't sort of quirky with a snarky side, she is a crazy person with ZERO empathy and I am sure there is some diagnosis with her name on it in the DSM-IV.  WORST CASTING EVER!

• Love 17
16 hours ago, F. M. said:

Oh dear.  Shannon shouldn't drink, she's all over the map, and every other sentence is about her weight.. Does she not think David knows she has put on weight, and if he cared, he'd help her lose that weight..or at least talk it out with her.. Not telling him ,means he would what? leave? well what kind of husband does that.
I really hate Kelly Dodd, and I dont hate many people on TV. talking of weight  she didn't look so good did she..she's a stupid drunk.
I felt embarrassed for Peggy and Lydia..

The Quiet Woman..how ionic...

Kelly really is a bitch 

I didnt get that joke about they beat you every Friday...

I have a student employee who is Armenian so I told her about this show and the new cast mate and the beating 'joke'.  She said it was normal and her mother/father joke the same way.  Never knew.  Of course this doesn't speak for all Armenian families, just that this gal admitted this is how her parents joke as well.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

Lydia's talking heads mocking Shannon for being crazy really struck me. It made Lydia seem awful because I think Shannon really does need help. 

I think Peggy was having a hard time following the conversation. That is why her jokes and comments seemed off. I would not be surprised if she has only seen a handful of episodes. I think she was trying to have a conversation withShannon.

While I am very open about being an atheist I have several friends of varying degrees of religiosity and this action of Lydiots screams asshole not christian/rainbow riding/fairy type.  This is hardcore judgmental piece of shit type.  Lydia can go fuck herself.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

This all day. I don't know why Lydia thinks that if she brings two people that despise each other together and tells them to hug it out and prays over them, all will be well. I think she way overestimates her "powers" and she also knows that in order to be relevant on a Housewives show is to shit stir. I think she knew that inviting Kelly would bring the drama, she just didn't realize how crazy both of them were. 

As far Shannon, she needs to go see a real doctor. Her hormones are out of control. A doctor (not Mr Gym Rat or Eastern Crystal guy) can assess her hormone levels and get her appropriate meds. I hope that her exercise guy in the gym realizes that a 50+ year old woman is not a 20 year old women and simply eating less and exercising more will not make the pounds melt. She also needs nutritional counseling. And I firmly believe that the bulk of her stress is not Vicki, it's David. 

Kelly Dodd is just gross and I think she's got a drinking problem. She slurs most of the time she is on camera. 

I am not missing Heather and her mall house at all this season. 

I do as well.  The last time she acted so off the rails he was having an  affair.  I think he is back to his old habits and its making her lose her mind.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

It can be confusing, so I thought I would add that before full menopause you experience peri-menopause. Peri is where a lot of women like Shannon (and myself) experience weight gain and many other changes. It can last a short or a long time and you still get a period.    I will only speak from personal experience, but my peri lasted years.   As I said in my original post some time ago, it is different for each woman

Peri can be way worse that post menopause. It's when your hormones take you for a wild ride, you still have your period, but it's erratic, you can also have sweats, sleeplessness, irritability, weight gain, depression, anxiety. Hello Shannon, sound familiar. Once you stop having periods for a year, you are considered post menopausal and for most women, things settle down. 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Peri can be way worse that post menopause. It's when your hormones take you for a wild ride, you still have your period, but it's erratic, you can also have sweats, sleeplessness, irritability, weight gain, depression, anxiety. Hello Shannon, sound familiar. Once you stop having periods for a year, you are considered post menopausal and for most women, things settle down. 

I think I was lucky.  I didn't have terrible peri and went into menopause quite early (43).  I did have the white hot temper flares that left as quickly as they came and an occasional hot flash but pretty easy.  My midsection doesn't quite look the same though.  I really feel for the women that have it rough.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Perimenopause  can be brutal, plus, many women have extremely heavy periods during that time. I became so severely anemic that I needed a blood transfusion. 

• Love 8

I haven't had a period in 2 years (I'll be 50 in a month) and I totally feel Shannon. I've put on weight in the past year for sure, largely as a result of taking Zoloft for menopausal anxiety (I got off that stuff ASAP). Yeah, I bitch about my weight sometimes but not to everyone and their dog. Jeez. Also, I know that if I want to fix it, I need to eat better, exercise, and cut out the alcohol, which I just don't feel like doing right now. So it's on me. I've stuck by Shannon all these years even when she acted like a total whacko. But damn, last night she went straight off the rails. I was mortified watching her in that restaurant. Holy cow.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, tinaw said:

I hope Kelly Dodd walks out on a peer during a thunder & lightening storm. Like a "Bad Seed" BOOM

Oh, loved that poetic justice that the girl (played by Patty MCCormack I think) got when she went to the end of the pier and karma struck her lol! Great scene. Thanks for the movie reminder. Can you even imagine how much lighting would strike these women if such occurrences happened IRL? Indeed it would be dangerous to be around them (as if it isn't already lol!) 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, mjstrick said:

I haven't had a period in 2 years (I'll be 50 in a month) and I totally feel Shannon. I've put on weight in the past year for sure, largely as a result of taking Zoloft for menopausal anxiety (I got off that stuff ASAP). Yeah, I bitch about my weight sometimes but not to everyone and their dog. Jeez. Also, I know that if I want to fix it, I need to eat better, exercise, and cut out the alcohol, which I just don't feel like doing right now. So it's on me. I've stuck by Shannon all these years even when she acted like a total whacko. But damn, last night she went straight off the rails. I was mortified watching her in that restaurant. Holy cow.

Are we twins separated at birth (and 13 years)?   You described my experience with peri and menopause to a T - I also had some weight gain from the zoloft.  I also think part of Shannon's problem (and I'm just spit-ballin' here) is that she cares way way to much about everybody's approval.  The woman in the mirror matters most, Shannon.  Make friends with her.  I also think the reason she brought up her weight at the outset when Kelly came into the restroom was Kelly would be the type to call her fat, or a pig, or something equally odious.  She was trying to diffuse Kelly's cannon.  

And Kelly's going over the SITTING DOWN at that table after happily upsetting Shannon was I think more than Shannon was ready to deal with.  Kelly knew the reasction she's get so she made fun of Shannon's crying, etc. to get a rise out of her (we know she LOVES to do this).  Shannon overreacted, but without Kelly the Katalyst they would have had a nice dinner.  And Lydia, you deserve a roundhouse kick in the ass from my size 9's for what you did.  

And Kelly - here's hoping your menopause is a living misery (mean, I know.......)/

• Love 18
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't know why Lydia thinks that if she brings two people that despise each other together and tells them to hug it out and prays over them, all will be well.

I don't for a single moment think that Lydia actually thinks that bringing two warring people together will come to any other conclusion other than them freaking out. But it does, at least in her mind probably, make her look like a "good" person who is trying to mend fences. Lydia, in some ways, is worse than a lot of the ladies because they sort of wear their awfulness unadorned while Lydia tries to gussy it up with this sort of veneer of kindly goodness.

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Agree 1000 %

I had all the above mentioned plus a lot more.  I also had , like Shannon some very bad things happen.  I became the opposite of Shannon, I withdrew from everyone and everything. So while I took a different road (just happened that way) I understand Shannon and her struggles. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

I don't for a single moment think that Lydia actually thinks that bringing two warring people together will come to any other conclusion other than them freaking out. But it does, at least in her mind probably, make her look like a "good" person who is trying to mend fences. Lydia, in some ways, is worse than a lot of the ladies because they sort of wear their awfulness unadorned while Lydia tries to gussy it up with this sort of veneer of kindly goodness.

True - both Lydia and Tamra are hiding behind their Bibles/halos/religious bullshit.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

THIS. This is why I can't stand Lydia. She knows damn well what she's doing. She doesn't give a flying fuck if any of these women are friends again. She just knows she's making good TV, and trying to represent herself as "the sweet one" in the process. She can have a seat. 

• Love 15

When you consider that Peggy is on the show a few weeks after a double mastectomy and lost her mother to breast cancer, Shannon's weight gain seems very superficial. I think she needs to get a job, a hobby or volunteer on a regular basis. What does she even do all day?

• Love 19

Finally watched this episode as I walked on my treadmill this morning - that's what we women of a certain age need to do Shannon to keep the weight away. Anyway, damn y'all weren't kidding a bit about the horror that is Kelly. I have no words for how truly, knowingly awful she is. 

As for Shannon and her weight, we are seeing a woman who never before needed to watch what she ate or exercise. Age has a way of sneaking up on women like this; I have several friends who never gave their lean bodies a second thought and often told my I was silly to exercise and watch what I ate. Let's just say I now have to bite my tongue as menopause has hit them hard and they have no years of experience on how or what to do to take control. Shannon has no idea how to eat and exercise to lose weight. Her trainer failed her several years ago, when she first went to him, by not helping her to truly learn those skills. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Just a heads up. Ramon's just turned 60. She's a good looking 60, but she's been acting like a politician and playing with facts lately. 

Oh yeah.  I was making fun of her declaring that she was in her forties with babies at home.  Nah Moaner. 

Also, Shannon shrieking "That's not my plate!!!" can stay on my TV.  Hopefully, this is her rock bottom and she rallies from here on out.   

I miss my Heather.  

• Love 11
(edited)

How can Vickie "build an empire" when she says she doesn't trust herself to hire good people?? Isn't that kind of important when "building an empire"??? So then her new "business partner" tells her she should be isolated. Lol lol. Yeah, that's gonna end well. I knew the guy was a lying crook the second he greeted her with a "hello gorgeous"! Ewwwwww. 

And btw...can we please retire that stupid Hermes h belt?? Ever since yolander first wore it her second or first season, every bitch in the franchise copied it with their fake aliexpress versions. Vickie, you are not Hermes. Yolander is Hermes. You are Herman. Go get yourself a Herman belt. Thanks

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 22

Shannon bringing her weight up to everybody is obnoxious and makes me think of that America's Next Top Model moment when a girl is screaming about missing a model meeting and another model goes, "I just want to tell you that some people have war in their countries."

• Love 9
18 hours ago, lilsadone said:

I thought it was interesting that not only did she dodge the question when the trainer asked how David felt about her weight, but she also said in her talking head "no way would i tell david" 

Um, hasn't david seen that you've gained weight?  I don't think it's a secret. 

Good point! I forgot she said that.  I laughed when I read your response, I read it Shannons voice.  I thought the same way though.  I also wonder when he last saw her naked.......

I almost have to take notes to remember all I want to comment on.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Good point! I forgot she said that.  I laughed when I read your response, I read it Shannons voice.  I thought the same way though.  I also wonder when he last saw her naked.......

I almost have to take notes to remember all I want to comment on.  

I think she meant she wasn't going to tell him HOW much weight, the number/40 lbs., she had gained or what her BF/40% number now was, not that she thought he couldn't see that she gained. LOL

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

Shannon bringing her weight up to everybody is obnoxious and makes me think of that America's Next Top Model moment when a girl is screaming about missing a model meeting and another model goes, "I just want to tell you that some people have war in their countries."

I was messing with my coworker today telling her there's always somebody who's got it worse than you.   It's a good perspective to have IMO. Makes you not feel so bad about your shit. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think she meant she wasn't going to tell him HOW much weight, the number/40 lbs., she had gained or what her BF/40% number now was, not that she thought he couldn't see that she gained. LOL

He working out for his next wife! This one is on her way to a "dirt nap!" She can't go anywhere without having a nervous breakdown! Sooner or later a net will have to be thrown over Shannon and committed to some kind of retirement home! ;-(

• Love 1
18 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Meanwhile, I'm also perplexed at why Lydia is not 51% owner of that company as they could get women-owned business benefits, no?  I remember my old boss, husband and wife did that!

That definitely perked my ears, and why the need to tell us about it?  My best guess is their marriage requires a ye olde power structure of Doug in control, BUT her purse string comment (and castration of his demeanor in business this ep) was her way of saying she's really the boss? 

When a woman gets to the point that she's telling the public she wishes her husband grew some balls... I can't imagine she's not pretty over him, atleast atm. That's so foul to me.  How does one even get a bone after that lol.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ihartcoffee said:

I was messing with my coworker today telling her there's always somebody who's got it worse than you.   It's a good perspective to have IMO. Makes you not feel so bad about your shit. 

I'm one who feel tons of guilt in how well we have it compared to some places where 7 y.o.'s are armed and dangerous! People here need to grow the fk up and quit b!tchin' so much! Even with this a-hole running the country into the ground, we still have it so much better than most! ;-)

• Love 7