Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jana on a forklift in Florida somewhere. In sandals and a dress. Without a seatbelt. Did she actually pass the tests needed to drive one? 

1BF73CBD-B374-4729-82BA-29603CFDDE4C.jpeg

And of course we can’t see what’s on the forklift. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jana on a forklift in Florida somewhere. In sandals and a dress. Without a seatbelt. Did she actually pass the tests needed to drive one? 

1BF73CBD-B374-4729-82BA-29603CFDDE4C.jpeg

If this is a still picture and not a video, I call bullshit.   I bet she is just posing.

• Love 18

She does have her (? CDL) license to drive the family bus so I'm hoping she got forklift certification at some point.  But then again she's a Duggar so if she watched someone else operate it a few times, she's a pro.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

She does have her (? CDL) license to drive the family bus so I'm hoping she got forklift certification at some point.  But then again she's a Duggar so if she watched someone else operate it a few times, she's a pro.  

I don’t believe Arkansas requires a CDL to drive an RV. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

Well she got something.  I remember them posting a

Oh, I’m sure you’re right that she’s been shown driving heavy machinery - wasn’t it around the time they built that beautiful tree house that has never been seen again?  Thinking now of it, Anna’s kids are of the perfect age to make good use of it plus it’s super instagrammable but we never see it, do we?  They probably don’t want to drag their butts that far  

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

The boxes are from a company that does custom apparel. Is that what's in those boxes?

May well be. About half the world's poor currently possess clothes bearing the logos of teams that lost the World Series, Superbowl, etc. etc., I'd bet. 

All that stuff gets manufactured pre-game so the winners' stuff will be ready to go immediately. But the losers' stuff has to go somewhere. I guess it's a good thing that at least a lot of it gets donated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

Oh, I’m sure you’re right that she’s been shown driving heavy machinery - wasn’t it around the time they built that beautiful tree house that has never been seen again?  Thinking now of it, Anna’s kids are of the perfect age to make good use of it plus it’s super instagrammable but we never see it, do we?  They probably don’t want to drag their butts that far  

I just assumed that had fallen down, given the caliber and training of the people who built it.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

May well be. About half the world's poor currently possess clothes bearing the logos of teams that lost the World Series, Superbowl, etc. etc., I'd bet. 

All that stuff gets manufactured pre-game so the winners' stuff will be ready to go immediately. But the losers' stuff has to go somewhere. I guess it's a good thing that at least a lot of it gets donated.

When I taught Catholic school, we had a visiting priest from Uganda one year.  He said the orphanage where he worked had received 4 years of Super Bowl shirts.  The kids thought the Buffalo Bills were the best team ever since they were champs for four years!  (Of course, they had no idea where Buffalo was and even less about how American football is played.) 

The Duggar’s are still useless slime. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Makes sense. That would give them a live-in PR person. ....

A live-in Gothardite PR person.....That would explain a lot. 

Hanging around Josh, pals with Jana, who just randomly became Great Value Joanna Gaines, somewhat worldly...

If she is, she isn't very good at it. 

The tagline for virtually all of these fools.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Appears she's a very very very devoted Gothardite .... and one who doesn't appear to be chained into it by her family, right? ....supposedly she pretty much dumped her family because they weren't sufficiently Gothardite for her? So she's a truly devoted Gothardite.

Somebody like that would never be good at something like this, I don't believe. Wouldn't be good at anything that required any flexibility, real analysis, understanding of people's views other than her own, etc. etc. etc......

She could even be a person with some of the natural talents required for the role -- but even if she were, the whole Gothard thing would limit and warp the talents in ways that would make them largely useless, I think. She's buckled herself to the same set of absolutely nutso and lame 'beliefs" and "principles" that make the Duggars so absurd and wrong. 

And yet ... .they retain millions of social media followers and viewers.......for social-media accounts and a tv show that, as far as I can tell, are not just stupid and absurd but boring as hell....Go figure. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

10 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The tagline for virtually all of these fools.

"We're the Duggars!   But we're just not very good at it."

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Jana Duggar drives a forklift, grows her own vegetables, bakes and decorates cakes, remodels bedrooms, chops down trees, pilots 737 jets, climbs mountains, forages for wild berries, leads wilderness treks, rebuilds transmissions, composes classical music scores, installs underground sprinkling, leaps tall buildings and serves as a missionary to regions devastated by natural disasters, all in a dress and flip-flops and without smudging her expertly applied eye-makeup nor mussing her perfectly styled hair.

I feel like posts about Jana are just about this ridiculous.  Look what Jana can do!  Look what she's doing now!  Look how purty she is while behind the wheel of this bulldozer!  

I guess I don't understand the point of these posts.  Are they meant to draw a suitor?  As a humblebrag?  It's weird.

Yeah, I share your confusion.....

Possibly they're to show that the Duggar family and the Gothard system aren't misogynistic, don't relegate single women like Jana to caring for other people's houses, don't limit women's activities and scope of possibiilties, don't isolate their women (or men) from people who are "other" and who have different views, and don't deny women choice and agency? 

(All of which is essentially untrue, in my opinion! So -- posts are a smoke screen....

If the image they present of the active, traveling woman-of-agency were true, at this moment some young Duggar girl would be asking for and getting a real education or playing on a soccer team and all the Duggar women/girls at home wouldn't be wearing a thousand layers of crap in 95-degree weather.... 

But if anybody buys the crap the posts are selling, then to them, hey, the Duggs and their beliefs are just fine and cute and absolutely harmless! Maybe I'll think about going to one of their conferences! -- I do suspect that's the aim....Advertising for their hideous way of life...And somewhat at odds with the recent TLC "Welcome to Gliead, handmaidens" promotion.... But I doubt TLC consults the Duggs about its advertising....They have a different agenda -- although they promote the Duggs' agenda, too, wittingly or unwittingly.... .😈  )

I think that even people as innately and permanently misogynistic as these have realized in the past few years that they may be damaging their own earning power by being perceived that way....So they may feel compelled by their wallets now to put a we're-great-for-women-too! face on it ....

That maybe a family once flirting with this lifestyle and belief system might have a wife/mother/daughter who'd be more leery of it today than they were even five or six years ago .....just because of everything that's going on around them..........

And even a lifestyle like this knows it must attract new people or fail/die. Maybe that's part of Laura's mission -- spruce up the looks of this crap to make it more palatable to young women....

Damn, I can't get past the idea that Laura's some kind of secret agent on a mission from Gothard/ JIm Bob / Gil Bates / David Waller....."We Can Rebuild It!....And Then They Will Come! (so to speak" 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
On 9/19/2019 at 8:59 PM, doodlebug said:

I'm not trying to be ..vehement.  However, if Abbie was really heading down to the Bahamas to provide medical care as an LPN (very different training and skills than an RN). wouldn't she have gone down there with an actual group that is there to provide medical care?  When the Duggars' 'charity' is called Medic Corps, neither they nor anyone else has suggested that they have provided any medical care whatsoever down there and every photo of Abbie we've seen has shown her hanging with the rest of her family and the other members of their group or sitting indoors in an air conditioned space with no signs of any sort of medical care being provided.

It's one thing to go to an area with urgent need with a group like the Red Cross which actually has the means and personnel to provide medical care, it is a whole other thing to go down there with a bunch of like minded fundamentalists and commandeer all the food and water and fuel while bringing virtually no medical equipment of their own except maybe a first aid kit from Sam's Club.  What was she expecting to do without the appropriate tools and facilities?  Heck, they wouldn't even let an elderly women come indoors out of the heat or allow anyone to use 'their' bathroom in the building they commandeered.  One would think that, as a nurse, Abbie might have had just a smidgeon of concern for the elderly, but I guess not.

None of us knows why Abbie specifically went down there.  We know that, being pregnant, it was probably not the smartest thing to do.  Do you think that the Red Cross would have asked her to volunteer, knowing she was pregnant?  Of course not.  Since she didn't go down there with the first wave of Duggars, I find It hard to believe she decided to come to work as an LPN since, by the time she arrived, most of the acute cases had been evacuated and the Red Cross and other major medical caregivers have their operations up and running.  There is nothing she could possibly be doing that anyone with a first aid handbook and a little common sense couldn't do.

While we may not know the specifics of accountability partners down in the Bahamas, the Duggars have spoken about it ad nauseum on the show and it seems logical that Jana would want/expect to have another fundie woman by her side at all times, especially in that environment.  Back in Arkansas, she's not allowed to go to Aldi's by herself.

LPNs working in skilled nursing facilities often practice the same skills as RNs do. I have been the RN Supervisor at such a facility and many LPNs are as good or better at nursing skills than many RNs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Jana Duggar drives a forklift, grows her own vegetables, bakes and decorates cakes, remodels bedrooms, chops down trees, pilots 737 jets, climbs mountains, forages for wild berries, leads wilderness treks, rebuilds transmissions, composes classical music scores, installs underground sprinkling, leaps tall buildings and serves as a missionary to regions devastated by natural disasters, all in a dress and flip-flops and without smudging her expertly applied eye-makeup nor mussing her perfectly styled hair.

I feel like posts about Jana are just about this ridiculous.  Look what Jana can do!  Look what she's doing now!  Look how purty she is while behind the wheel of this bulldozer!  

I guess I don't understand the point of these posts.  Are they meant to draw a suitor?  As a humblebrag?  It's weird.

Don’t forget “concert pianist!”

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

LPNs working in skilled nursing facilities often practice the same skills as RNs do. I have been the RN Supervisor at such a facility and many LPNs are as good or better at nursing skills than many RNs.

RN school was nothing after LPN school.

Fundamentalist version of the girl that just can't get laid?

Seriously, no other Duggar girls has tried to portray herself as so much. Jana does a lot fo someone with no seeming personality or identity. Total cipher.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

But what good is it for her to be able to do all these things, if she follows in the footsteps of every other female in her vicinity and forgets how to do anything but be pregnant once she gets married? Seems like a little bait and switch.

I don't think it's about attracting a guy.

I think Jana's new image is part of a new Duggar (maybe Gothardite altogether) PR push intended to overhaul their misogynistic image for the current era, which seems to be more hostile to that. They're still making money off Gothardite events. And so are a lot of the people they hang around with, like the Bateses. And getting more money is obviously very much on the Duggar-hive-mind recently, as we often note. 

I don't see why their Gothard-y events and dvds and such would be any exception to that. And maybe it's occurred to someone that a group that appears to relegate women to the kitchen and relegate unmarried women to someone else's kitchen, for example, isn't best positioned to attract people -- families, teenage girls, etc., to its product today. So one answer for that is to start putting out a different, more modern image out there.........

Maybe that's one of Laura's PR-y jobs. She's been a temporary, off-and-on employee at Gothard headquarters and other Gothard-related enterprises for years. .....The Duggars are the Gothard flagship production.....And many of the old Gothard board members and others are still clinging on, trying to make a go of the thing and keep their little moneymaker and possibly bring it back from the brink. (ostensibly without Bill, but still using the crap he produced -- because why come up with new dumb ideas when you've got those?) Clearly that was a reason for the Australia/New Zealand trip, for example. 

Maybe they realize that you can't do it today with something that's perceived to be woman-unfriendly.....and Jana's part of the flagship crew and the only young woman who's single and thus has the time and commitment to be their cover girl -- with a new image crafted by experienced Gothard media/PR/design/jackofalltrades woman, Laura. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5

I think the Jana promotion is a combo of trying to marry her off and also knowing she is popular and sympathized with, so it gives people Jana content while also trying to desperately prove that she is happy and functional. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I think the Jana promotion is a combo of trying to marry her off and also knowing she is popular and sympathized with, so it gives people Jana content while also trying to desperately prove that she is happy and functional. 

Maybe she is happy.

• Love 4
Just now, Higgins said:

Maybe she is happy.

Jana is a mystery to us, but, maybe not to herself.  I think @Churchhoney has said Jana is probably so repressed in her thinking and indoctrination that she doesn't know what she likes or dislikes - and has been given no choice in any matter - something like that?  Maybe she has pushed it all down so far she is unaware of anything but her immediate day to day projects, posing, etc.  and unless something changes can coast along in her life.  We really don't know what is in her head, or her life, but it sure is fun to speculate!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I guess what I also find confusing about Jana is that she is shown doing all these interesting things - she comes across as a fairly capable interior designer, gardener, decorator, etc.  These activities are creative, interesting and mind-expanding -- you can't just design a new bedroom for Ma and Pa Kettle or grow a garden full of vegetables without doing some reading and research.  So it seems like Jana is actually getting this information from somewhere, and information is power.  But at the same time, as @Churchhoney points out, she is also very likely not being given many choices  -- her life is being transcribed for her by her parents.

But isn't it somewhat dangerous for JB and Michelle to allow Jana to learn all of these interesting life skills?  It seems like they are riding a fine line between promoting her as the Fundie woman who can do it all and still not muss her eyeliner, without Jana somehow internalizing that she also has choices, and those choices could include leaving her family behind and using her skills the way SHE wants to.

I am probably not expressing myself well.  There seems to be such cognitive dissonance at play regarding Jana - the woman who has the ability and the means to learn how to do so many things without also learning that her world is not a bubble.  

• Love 11

I guess what I also find confusing about Jana is that she is shown doing all these interesting things - she comes across as a fairly capable interior designer, gardener, decorator, etc.  These activities are creative, interesting and mind-expanding -- you can't just design a new bedroom for Ma and Pa Kettle or grow a garden full of vegetables without doing some reading and research.  So it seems like Jana is actually getting this information from somewhere, and information is power.  But at the same time, as @Churchhoney points out, she is also very likely not being given many choices  -- her life is being transcribed for her by her parents.

But isn't it somewhat dangerous for JB and Michelle to allow Jana to learn all of these interesting life skills?  It seems like they are riding a fine line between promoting her as the Fundie woman who can do it all and still not muss her eyeliner, without Jana somehow internalizing that she also has choices, and those choices could include leaving her family behind and using her skills the way SHE wants to.

I am probably not expressing myself well.  There seems to be such cognitive dissonance at play regarding Jana - the woman who has the ability and the means to learn how to do so many things without also learning that her world is not a bubble.  

Yeah, agree that there's probably some risk for them in Jana's newfound role as free-woman-Duggar   ....

But I expect JB and M would also weigh the fact that they now have 12 adult children of various types -- and not one has actually left the ranch, except for Jingle, who, yeah, is wearing shorts, but who hasn't sought an education or worked part time or  tried to behave as an equal in her marriage or flirted even the tiniest bit with less conservative Christianity, and who almost certainly only managed to leave because of Jeremy........So they've clearly got an unusually strong record here -- and they know other people haven't -- so they're good at keeping the kids around.... Plus, it's the family show that's bankrolling whatever Jana does ..... So to leave might mean gaining some freedom but it would also mean giving up that money as well -- and without an actual guarantee that she could replace it. 

Plus, learning about gardening from websites isn't going to cure the fear and despising of other people that your parents have planted in you, for example. The isolation within the true-believer group prevents her from knowing just about anything that would quell fears, I think. ... 

There's definitely dissonance -- but they've never cared about dissonance (it's been all over everything they've done forever)....they probably don't even know what it is....😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, Higgins said:

Taking my response to Small Thread

20 hours ago, Higgins said:

Abbie worked with "cute little old people" (UGH!) as an LPN, so whatever the extent or quality of her initial training, it's a safe bet that she wouldn't be all that useful in the type of setting they were in in the Bahamas. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Abbie worked with "cute little old people" (UGH!) as an LPN, so whatever the extent or quality of her initial training, it's a safe bet that she wouldn't be all that useful in the type of setting they were in in the Bahamas. 

Cute little old people fall a lot and require care for the injuries that occur.  I have no idea what Abbie was doing there however; nurses that care for old people can be and are useful in such settings.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, agree that there's probably some risk for them in Jana's newfound role as free-woman-Duggar   ....

But I expect JB and M would also weigh the fact that they now have 12 adult children of various types -- and not one has actually left the ranch, except for Jingle, who, yeah, is wearing shorts, but who hasn't sought an education or worked part time or  tried to behave as an equal in her marriage or flirted even the tiniest bit with less conservative Christianity, and who almost certainly only managed to leave because of Jeremy........So they've clearly got an unusually strong record here -- and they know other people haven't -- so they're good at keeping the kids around.... Plus, it's the family show that's bankrolling whatever Jana does ..... So to leave might mean gaining some freedom but it would also mean giving up that money as well -- and without an actual guarantee that she could replace it. 

Plus, learning about gardening from websites isn't going to cure the fear and despising of other people that your parents have planted in you, for example. The isolation within the true-believer group prevents her from knowing just about anything that would quell fears, I think. ... 

There's definitely dissonance -- but they've never cared about dissonance (it's been all over everything they've done forever)....they probably don't even know what it is....😁

I think here’s also a big practicality issue. Single women without children were often the most educated and well rounded women in any culture (even the most misogynistic ones) because they were the ones that had the TIME to devote to study and the like. Jana has to have some way to fill her days, they cannot have her stare at a wall all day for practicalities sake. Josie is almost 11 yes?(wasn’t she born at the end of 2008?) with the grandparents all deceased, JB and Michelle in decent health, Jana still has responsibilities at the TTH but not as many as she did a decade ago even with the other older girls to help. 

Also if you keep people miserable they are more likely to rebel. Making sure people are comfortable, have some luxuries and time for recreation makes it a hell of a lot easier to oppress them. Think of a frog in a pot of water. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also if you keep people miserable they are more likely to rebel. Making sure people are comfortable, have some luxuries and time for recreation makes it a hell of a lot easier to oppress them. Think of a frog in a pot of water. 

You're a genius @Scarlett45

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Churchhoney explains it well- it takes a lot of critical thinking skills and a high iq to question everything you’ve ever known ESPECIALLY if your basic needs are being met. Jana’s life might look lacking to us, but I can believe she’s fulfilled. 

@Churchhoney is really awesome.  I hope Jana is fulfilled.  I hope all the Duggar kids are.  I wish so much that in their fulfillment they would leave people who live and/or think differently alone.  

• Love 6
On 9/25/2019 at 12:04 PM, laurakaye said:

For some reason this is reminding me of Aunt Becky posing her daughters on a rowing machine to get them into USC.  No skills or experience but posed pics.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 11