Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

can anyone find the Mediccorps site today?

last week a google search brought it up and today nothing.

maybe they shut down their fake charity page

it is also no longer shown on the johnson marketing and media page

It’s working for me https://mediccorps.org/

I tried to do a screenshot but it says file to large urgh!

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It definitely looks like Abbie to me.

Well, why not?  It looks like they're staying in a decent place.  However, as I noted earlier, Zika has been found in the Bahamas and it is carried by mosquitos which are undoubtedly in abundance down there what with all the standing water around.  And, if they really are staying in an area that was hard hit, they probably don't have air conditioning, etc and are using generator power so they have to leave the windows open for air to circulate.

I personally do not recommend pregnant women vacation down there; let alone hang out in a disaster zone.  I guess it proves that Abby is just like the rest of them, dumb and probably not getting competent prenatal care.

As many of you know, every year, I am lead practitioner on a medical mission team to El Salvador.  At our informational meetings, one of the first things I talk about is Zika and how anyone already pregnant, planning to become pregnant or planning to get someone pregnant within 3 months of the trip should just STAY HOME.  Go another time, it is not worth even the smallest risk.  There will be other opportunities.

I suspect we will get some episodes next season of Abby crying and worrying that her rescue mission has lead to problems for her baby along with multiple shopping center ultrasounds to 'prove' everything is fine with baby.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well, why not?  It looks like they're staying in a decent place.  However, as I noted earlier, Zika has been found in the Bahamas and it is carried by mosquitos which are undoubtedly in abundance down there what with all the standing water around.  And, if they really are staying in an area that was hard hit, they probably don't have air conditioning, etc and are using generator power so they have to leave the windows open for air to circulate.

I personally do not recommend pregnant women vacation down there; let alone hang out in a disaster zone.  I guess it proves that Abby is just like the rest of them, dumb and probably not getting competent prenatal care.

As many of you know, every year, I am lead practitioner on a medical mission team to El Salvador.  At our informational meetings, one of the first things I talk about is Zika and how anyone already pregnant, planning to become pregnant or planning to get someone pregnant within 3 months of the trip should just STAY HOME.  Go another time, it is not worth even the smallest risk.  There will be other opportunities.

I suspect we will get some episodes next season of Abby crying and worrying that her rescue mission has lead to problems for her baby along with multiple shopping center ultrasounds to 'prove' everything is fine with baby.

I’m pretty sure the pictures that show Abby are not in one of the hardest hit areas. They look like they are in air conditioned space. You do not look like that in the summer heat - and I speak from experience as we were without power for 2 weeks with Hurricane Irma a couple of years ago plus other hurricanes earlier. A generator to power A/C for a room that size would be pretty sizeable and besides, why waste gas during the day when a/c is more necessary at night? I think there’s a comfortable group and a group that’s doing the harder relief work in harder hit areas. I was wondering who was chaperoning Jana so now we know it’s Abby. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

How about you give the hot chic-fil-a to the people who Lost their homes.  

As we've said before, the whole thing was a PR stunt. They don't have an ounce of real empathy among them. Look at all four of their TeeVee-grifting parents, and it's clear why they don't, too. Raised that way. And told that the way they've been raised make them better than everybody else as well. They should be disgusted with themselves, sitting there chowing down on their grifted food and knowing at least a bit about the utter devastation that's happening just a few miles away. But that thought never crosses their minds, apparently. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

seriously they "needed" food because mediccorps, with their planes and helicopter, brought rubbermaid tubs of chips and granola bars and they got tired of them? 

good god they are stupid

I'm guessing they don't want to break bread with the rest of the godless heathens helping on the relief efforts.  There has to be hot food available for them, they are choosing not to avail themselves of any.   They probably go back to their rooms after working and choose not to socialize.   I wonder if it's a group of nuns feeding the volunteers and that is stopping them, or a bunch of gays.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm guessing they don't want to break bread with the rest of the godless heathens helping on the relief efforts.  There has to be hot food available for them, they are choosing not to avail themselves of any.   They probably go back to their rooms after working and choose not to socialize.   I wonder if it's a group of nuns feeding the volunteers and that is stopping them, or a bunch of gays.

Well, as with grifting, this "don't spend time with anybody who isn't one of us because YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!" is what they've been taught their whole lives. The apples are falling right next to the rotten trees here. 

8 minutes ago, quarks said:

What I like about this family is that just as you think they can't get any worse, they do.

I'd feel exactly like that if they were fictional characters.

But since they're real people, it just makes me depressed -- both for their sakes and for the sake of the rest of us. 

This whole stunt really does take the cake. Or the Chick-Fil-A.

• Love 3

That photo of them stuffing their faces with fast food was not thought out and was taken and posted in bad taste. I hope their "tax-exempt 'charity'" gets shut down and they have to return the funds they did receive. Why would people, such as themselves, great Christians that they are, run off, fly down to a devastated area to 'help', then ask for money to fund their own trip? I would think the cost of going down there would be their donations, and JIM BOB'S donation. Any funds they are asking for should go directly to the people who need the help in the Bahamas....not for a comfortable hotel bill and Chick-Fil-A take out orders.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

That photo of them stuffing their faces with fast food was not thought out and was taken and posted in bad taste. I hope their "tax-exempt 'charity'" gets shut down and they have to return the funds they did receive. Why would people, such as themselves, great Christians that they are, run off, fly down to a devastated area to 'help', then ask for money to fund their own trip? I would think the cost of going down there would be their donations, and JIM BOB'S donation. Any funds they are asking for should go directly to the people who need the help in the Bahamas....not for a comfortable hotel bill and Chick-Fil-A take out orders.

All the charities helping out in the Bahamas will have used donated funds for similar things like airfare, fuel, lodging, food. etc.  Those are part of the operating budget for the charity.  When you donate to the Red Cross, Team Rubicon, Samaritan's Purse, etc  part of your donations will always go to help with the expenses the charity including salary.  This is all perfectly legal and above board.  Now if Duggar Aviation decides to inflate their costs and get Medi Corps Corps to pay for this, then this would be unethical and possibly illegal.  The charity will have to make their yearly financial information available to everyone as part of the whole tax exempt thing.  

I do agree that the whole CFA thing is in poor taste.  I suspect that there are hot meals available wherever they are bunking down, and the Medi Corps Corps folks are not availing themselves on this.  Last year during the Hurricane Florence recovery was underway,  local food trucks were feeding the first responders.  The town where I live had an emergency hotline staffed by city employees and they had lodging and food set up for them.  This is part of the logistics after an event.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I still wonder how much they've actually done. Seems quite likely to me that this trip was dreamed up by the PR person who's helping them out with their new "get money by becoming ever more visible and popular and admired and beloved while shilling everything under the sun" regime.

And, thus, that the entire point of this trip was PR.

Given how few resources the IRS has to actually police things, especially in the religious-nonprofit world, they could stick the tiniest cosmetic bit of "actually helping!" on top of their true PR mission and feel confident that they'll pass any audit and get away with actually using donations and grifted Chick-Fil-A and the tax exemption they're looking for to fund the Duggar-Bates rehabilitative PR effort of 2019.

I mean, unlike most people who are actually "actually helping," they've deliberately grabbed as much media attention as they can for their "efforts." So, as I'm sure their PR person has told them, that's both a PR coup and can later provide "evidence" that they truly were on some big mission of mercy and so deserve the tax exemption they're gunning for. 

JB has an eye for people who can tell him and his family how to successfully cheat. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I still wonder how much they've actually done. Seems quite likely to me that this trip was dreamed up by the PR person who's helping them out with their new "get money by becoming ever more visible and popular and admired and beloved while shilling everything under the sun" regime.

And, thus, that the entire point of this trip was PR.

Given how few resources the IRS has to actually police things, especially in the religious-nonprofit world, they could stick the tiniest cosmetic bit of "actually helping!" on top of their true PR mission and feel confident that they'll pass any audit and get away with actually using donations and grifted Chick-Fil-A and the tax exemption they're looking for to fund the Duggar-Bates rehabilitative PR effort of 2019.

I mean, unlike most people who are actually "actually helping," they've deliberately grabbed as much media attention as they can for their "efforts." So, as I'm sure their PR person has told them, that's both a PR coup and can later provide "evidence" that they truly were on some big mission of mercy and so deserve the tax exemption they're gunning for. 

JB has an eye for people who can tell him and his family how to successfully cheat. 

I will peek at their Instagram (still surprised I wasn't blocked for my comment a few days ago) and they definitely are trying to make people believe they are doing more than what they are.  I do think there is some PR person crafting their posts that is not a Duggar or Bates.  I think the pilots are assisting in relief efforts, but they are in no way running the show.  They have to be helping in some way or whoever is running the show would ask them to leave.  

There is a lot of leeway with how charities spend their money and still retain tax-exempt status.  The huge nonprofits like the Red Cross, United Way, Goodwill run with huge overheads that include six-figure salaries for their CEO.  This could be JB's next grift to set up his adult sons.  They could use donations to pay for salaries for the boys and this would be legal.  These Instagram posts and they way the Duggars and Lawson have gotten their names out there will help them get the tax-exempt status.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I will peek at their Instagram (still surprised I wasn't blocked for my comment a few days ago) and they definitely are trying to make people believe they are doing more than what they are.  I do think there is some PR person crafting their posts that is not a Duggar or Bates.  I think the pilots are assisting in relief efforts, but they are in no way running the show.  They have to be helping in some way or whoever is running the show would ask them to leave.  

There is a lot of leeway with how charities spend their money and still retain tax-exempt status.  The huge nonprofits like the Red Cross, United Way, Goodwill run with huge overheads that include six-figure salaries for their CEO.  This could be JB's next grift to set up his adult sons.  They could use donations to pay for salaries for the boys and this would be legal.  These Instagram posts and they way the Duggars and Lawson have gotten their names out there will help them get the tax-exempt status.  

Exactly. 

And it's their own damn fault that all they brought with them was chips and cookies. There's plenty of more nutritious stuff out there that people routinely bring if they're actually preparing to go into a remote area or to actually be of service. To me this totally smacks of some new grift idea that their shady PR person helped them cook up in five minutes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Exactly. 

And it's their own damn fault that all they brought with them was chips and cookies. There's plenty of more nutritious stuff out there that people routinely bring if they're actually preparing to go into a remote area or to actually be of service. 

One of Medi Corps Corps Insta posts is of JD and a volunteer from World Central Kitchen.  A quick look at their posts and it is possible that JD and others are helping to deliver food to those in need.  WC Kitchen also appears to be feeding volunteers hot meals--local Caribbean cuisine and paellas.  The food may be too ethnic for the Duggars and Bateses and maybe they are choosing to eat cookies, crackers, etc.  They wanted bland American food like CFA instead.

image.png.9443350d321950121e64bd12b7a8d983.png

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

One of Medi Corps Corps Insta posts is of JD and a volunteer from World Central Kitchen.  A quick look at their posts and it is possible that JD and others are helping to deliver food to those in need.  WC Kitchen also appears to be feeding volunteers hot meals--local Caribbean cuisine and paellas.  The food may be too ethnic for the Duggars and Bateses and maybe they are choosing to eat cookies, crackers, etc.  They wanted bland American food like CFA instead.

Good possibility! Sounds quite likely to me! 

My other point, though, is that, if their little charity was actually a real thing -- and they implied it had some experienced people involved in it in addition to them (although it probably doesn't) they would have done what serious people do even when they go wilderness camping, let alone into a hurricane-devastated island -- where supplies, including fuel, are at a premium --  to "help." 

They'd've packed supplies that are nutritious and that people pack and eat when they're going into remote areas. If you know anything or care to know anything about the kind of "expedition" they supposedly went on, you know enough to shop and pack like an adult who knows that everybody on the trip will need nutrition, 

Packing nothing but cookies and chips is what a bunch of 8-year-olds do when they go on an "expedition" to the old oak tree. It's beyond amateur -- it's childish and fundamentally unserious and could actually get you into some trouble. And if they have any sense of what it actually takes to be a "medic corps" in a hard-hit environment, it's not what they would do. 

It's the kind of thing a bunch of dunderheads might do if their PR person suddenly told them to cook up this venture and go to that big hurricane and stay in a hotel and I'll get you press coverage!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do agree that the whole CFA thing is in poor taste.  I suspect that there are hot meals available wherever they are bunking down, and the Medi Corps Corps folks are not availing themselves on this.  Last year during the Hurricane Florence recovery was underway,  local food trucks were feeding the first responders.  The town where I live had an emergency hotline staffed by city employees and they had lodging and food set up for them.  This is part of the logistics after an event.  

I'm hoping that the hot meals being prepared for first responders are off limits to those who are hanging around taking selfies and not doing any real work.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Coast Guard, Red Cross and Bahamian authorities have told them that their 'help' isn't needed and that they are going to have to get their own meals.

As for the deejay who worked it out to bring CFA to them, the guy seems like a dolt.  Why not fill a plane with disposable diapers, baby formula, canned goods and actually provide assistance to needy residents?  Considering the praise he is lavishing on them, I suspect they are down there filming stuff for their respective TV shows and DJ Famewhore managed to get himself on camera in hopes of launching his own reality TV gig.  These people seem to seek each other out for their own reasons.  Might also explain why DJ Famewhore was so interested in getting  Chik Fil A flown in once he found out who they were (and, no, I don't believe for one minute that he wasn't aware of who and what they were from the get-go).  Makes a nice photo op/press release for him.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

As for the deejay who worked it out to bring CFA to them, the guy seems like a dolt.  Why not fill a plane with disposable diapers, baby formula, canned goods and actually provide assistance to needy residents.

Exactly. 

And from the Duggar/Bates side, if somebody offers to do that for you in a situation like this, somebody who wasn't also an uncaring dolt would say, Hey that is really nice of you. But if you're going to make the trip, let's get x, y, z, a, b, c for the people here who need help instead....

Since they didn't bring enough actual food for themselves (just dessert and snack food), they could have asked him to bring beans or something that you'd expect to eat in this kind of situation.....

But of course they were all in on the fast food from a restaurant with the proper beliefs. Makes me sick. 

• Love 16
On 9/13/2019 at 6:53 PM, crazy8s said:

I can’t hate on the Duggars too much here yes this is shocking but they didn’t ask that guy to deliver chick-fil-a and pizza did they? And this guy should’ve ordered loads and given out as much as the food as possible to anyone in need not just volunteers. 

• Love 3

If a news station asked me what food I wanted flown in I would have been appalled. Why not tell them to donate the money they spent on fuel to fly in the chick fila to Mediccorps. 

Jana looks like a complete idiot in the skirt and sandals.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 7

I think she looks beautiful /shrug. She's stripped down with none of the usual "duggar face" makeup on and her hair is pulled back. It really fits her, she looks years younger than she normally does with all of that bronzer etc. on. Hopefully she'll look back on these pictures and realize how much better she looked and tone down the normal makeup routine.

As for the CFA, someone else ordered it and got it there, why is that their fault? I probably would not have taken the picture, but I don't blame them for eating food that was offered to them. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

That's not what I see. It looks to me like she's wearing a face-full of makeup -- maybe less than usual -- but a lot (IMO) for a person who is "working" in a disaster area.

<snip>

I was going to say the same thing until I noticed that the other woman in the picture also has make up on.  It’s not something that I would do, but maybe it’s just habit for some people. 

I would absolutely wear makeup in that situation: meeting strangers, being photographed, possibly being videotaped and put on cable TV. It wouldn’t matter that I was there to work and help others; I’m not giving this cruel world a permanent record of what I look like without eyeliner and concealer. I’m far too Caucasian for that. Don’t need everybody speculating on whether I have anemia or cancer or something.

Jana probably doesn’t look as deep-sea-creature translucent as I do (but Josie does!) but if she’s used to looking a certain way and has her routine down it probably didn’t take any  longer than drinking a second cup of coffee. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I would absolutely wear makeup in that situation: meeting strangers, being photographed, possibly being videotaped and put on cable TV. 

But isn't that part of the problem right there - the assumption that:

a) strangers in desperate need of food/water/evacuation would care what the people providing said emergency items look like

b) that there's a possibility of being videotaped/photographed/put on cable TV in this situation?

I haven't made these assumptions when I've done volunteer work in post-disaster situations - and I work in the entertainment industry. Very rarely in front of the camera, granted. But I've also been in a post-hurricane disaster area, where the main concerns I heard were "how are we going to get this road unblocked," "how bad is the mold going to get," "does anyone know where we can get ice for this diabetic patient so she can keep her insulin cold," "how many paychecks will I be missing," and so on.  Not "OMG, did you notice that the woman delivering water wasn't wearing eyeliner?!?! I KNOW!"  

I think you're right that if Jana doesn't look perfectly made-up in photos, people will start speculating that she has anemia or cancer or something. But even with the makeup, people have speculated that she's a lesbian, that she has mental issues, that there's something in general wrong with her, that she's a mean and nasty person, that she's having an affair with a married man, that she's secretly engaged, that she engages in power plays with her siblings, and more. Wearing makeup for volunteer work isn't going to end any of that, but it already has opened her up to more snark.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I would absolutely wear makeup in that situation: meeting strangers, being photographed, possibly being videotaped and put on cable TV. It wouldn’t matter that I was there to work and help others; I’m not giving this cruel world a permanent record of what I look like without eyeliner and concealer. I’m far too Caucasian for that. Don’t need everybody speculating on whether I have anemia or cancer or something.

Jana probably doesn’t look as deep-sea-creature translucent as I do (but Josie does!) but if she’s used to looking a certain way and has her routine down it probably didn’t take any  longer than drinking a second cup of coffee. 

I agree. I can whip on some eyeliner and mascara along with some tinted SPF in minutes if need be.  I prefer to spend  30 minutes while I drink my coffee and let the layers of skincare to absorb.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, quarks said:

But isn't that part of the problem right there - the assumption that:

a) strangers in desperate need of food/water/evacuation would care what the people providing said emergency items look like

b) that there's a possibility of being videotaped/photographed/put on cable TV in this situation?

I guess Jana and I are both vain and silly then. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree. I can whip on some eyeliner and mascara along with some tinted SPF in minutes if need be.  I prefer to spend  30 minutes while I drink my coffee and let the layers of skincare to absorb.  

I can do the whole schmear in less than 5 minutes and can fit everything important into a zip lock baggie.  And, yes, I have worn makeup in Peru working at 12000 feet in places where there is no indoor plumbing.  And in Kenya while performing hysterectomies in an OR with two tables so more than one surgeon can use the room at the same time.  And in El Salvador where it is 90's and humid and my makeup mostly melts off by noon.

Why? Because it makes me feel better, it makes me feel more confident and competent, it puts me in a better mood. Yes, I do it for me and 5 minutes a day is no big deal, IMO.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

All they're doing is handing out supplies some other, actual charity flew in. Someone please ask them on insta where they came from? 'Helping with distribution'=passing a box to someone.

Why is this even on insta? Didn't jesus say to hide your charitable activities? These people infuriate me to no end.

• Love 14