Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe JB wouldn’t cough up the money for plane maintenance? I remember my ex taking his in for general maintenance, and writing checks for $10,000+. It also took time for any needed parts to come in. And this was before Covid and the supply chain issues.

My sister worked in finance for a company that did aircraft maintenance and service, she was shocked at how much parts cost.  She said she would never think an airline ticket was expensive again after seeing how much money goes into routine aircraft care.  I am sure that repairing the gas guage or replacing it was not inexpensive, but it seems like it would be money well spent to me.

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

According to WOACB, the gas gauge on the plane JD was flying was broken.  He thought he had more fuel.  Abbie and Grace were the passengers on the flight and she no longer wants to fly with him.

Take with a huge Morton salt container, considering the source.  In any case, I would never go up in the air with any of the Duggar pilots.

I've always wondered how aware the Duggs allow themselves to be of the true conditions of their planes. I can't imagine them doing anything but cutting every possible corner on maintenance, as I'm sure Jim Bob Daddy "teaches" for everything they're involved in. 

If JD knew in advance that his fuel gauge was broken, then he was flying in defiance of federal regulations......And he was also being an idiot just generally, since if you suspect that the gauge may  not read empty when the tank is empty, then not just regulations but concern for your and your passengers' survival both dictate that you take on more fuel before you go anywhere....

PART 23 - AIRWORTHINESS STANDARDS: NORMAL CATEGORY AIRPLANES...

23.2430 Fuel systems.

(a) Each fuel system must...

4   Provide the flightcrew with a means to determine the total useable fuel available and provide uninterrupted supply of that fuel when the system is correctly operated, accounting for likely fuel fluctuations;

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-14/chapter-I/subchapter-C/part-23

A lot of small planes do have wonky fuel gauges. So that's something a person who's flown as much as JD has should be aware of and on the lookout for --- If, that is, he's paying as much attnetion to maintaining those planes as he should be.... 

"You should also not rely solely on the gauge indication to determine how much fuel you have left. If you start with a known quantity of fuel, you should calculate your expected fuel burn prior to your flight and keep track of the time while flying. If either the fuel gauges or your calculations indicate that you are starting to run low on fuel, land at the nearest suitable airport and take on additional fuel."

https://studentpilotnews.com/2018/08/common-aircraft-fuel-myths/

I can't imagine why anybody flies with Duggars in any case. (Although I guess it's entirely people who, like the Duggs, believe that the only relevant quality of somebody you do business with is whether they share the same nutso theology they have).

But I'd still think some of them might be dissuaded by the fact that JD -- by far the most experienced of the Dugg "pilots" --has had two incidents within a few months that show pretty major carelessness and, potentially, ill-maintained aircraft. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Hey MFer, the ONLY time you’re supposed to take your mask off on the plane is when you’re eating or drinking. I flew at thanksgiving and luckily everyone on the plane wore theirs. I want to go punch a wall right now seeing this! California’s numbers are high and they don’t need these superspreader  A-holes. Also, these are the same people who regularly scream about how much they hate Commiefornia and its residents. 

Silly. They are Duggars. Rules don’t apply to them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Hey MFer, the ONLY time you’re supposed to take your mask off on the plane is when you’re eating or drinking. I flew at thanksgiving and luckily everyone on the plane wore theirs. I want to go punch a wall right now seeing this! California’s numbers are high and they don’t need these superspreader  A-holes. Also, these are the same people who regularly scream about how much they hate Commiefornia and its residents. 

I wonder if these assholes think of all the folks who now have to wear masks 8 hours a day - going into the third year of this pandemic. 8 hours a day, at their jobs. And they can't handle maybe 3 hours wearing masks appropriately?

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
36 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Silly. They are Duggars. Rules don’t apply to them.

Fine by me but don’t get on a crowded plane with recirculated air. And they’re probably not vaccinated. Sickening. 

• Love 8

the pic of Jason seems to be a screen shot from a video James took. the flight attendants were passing out snacks, Jason was setting his snacks on his tray and stuck out his tongue at james for less than a second. so it was actually that time you can take off your mask on a plane

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

While of course it’s not happening, it’s nice to imagine Ginger and Michelle (and anybody else that’s there) sitting at the kitchen table with a pot of coffee, really discussing how they are all doing physically, mentally, emotionally with everything that’s happened with the Sex Offender.  Not just “keeping sweet” and all their other crap, but being open and honest.  I detest MeChelle but I can’t imagine what she is going through, especially if she can look beyond the “Satan built a fortress…”.  Her heart must be broken to know what her Golden Child was doing, even if she thinks that sin is no worse than any other, and even if she’s just sad that Sex Offender is in jail, waiting to be sentenced.  I would even feel a bit of sympathy for her but then remind myself how they downplayed their daughters’ molestations, didn’t allow their children the chance for a decent education, lived as if their lifestyle is superior to any body else’s, etc., and that twinge of sympathy goes away.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe JB wouldn’t cough up the money for plane maintenance?

Can you imagine the condition of the planes that jackass JBoob buys? 

Windshield? Heck no, dont need it.  Cabin door? nah...! Seats? No, folding chairs are  just fine.  Seatbelts ? Nope, we just pray.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

While of course it’s not happening, it’s nice to imagine Ginger and Michelle (and anybody else that’s there) sitting at the kitchen table with a pot of coffee, really discussing how they are all doing physically, mentally, emotionally with everything that’s happened with the Sex Offender.  Not just “keeping sweet” and all their other crap, but being open and honest.  I detest MeChelle but I can’t imagine what she is going through, especially if she can look beyond the “Satan built a fortress…”.  Her heart must be broken to know what her Golden Child was doing, even if she thinks that sin is no worse than any other, and even if she’s just sad that Sex Offender is in jail, waiting to be sentenced.  I would even feel a bit of sympathy for her but then remind myself how they downplayed their daughters’ molestations, didn’t allow their children the chance for a decent education, lived as if their lifestyle is superior to any body else’s, etc., and that twinge of sympathy goes away.

Any authentic conversation would lead to questions about Boob’s lies, so I don’t think that’s going to happen. I also wonder how many of them really know all of the details about the child victims in the videos Josh downloaded , particularly their ages.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I don't think anyone in this family is capable of this.

I think they've been specifically groomed to ensure they are incapable of introspection and critical thought so I 100% agree with you.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I don't think anyone in this family is capable of this.

Agreed.  If they were, they might question the way they were raised and what they were taught to believe, and the Boob and MeChelle can’t have that happening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I bet the Duggar kids don't know who more than half of these celebrities are or were.

I would say they don't know 99%.

Then again, maybe they were allowed to watch certain old movies that were vetted by JB.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I would say they don't know 99%.

Then again, maybe they were allowed to watch certain old movies that were vetted by JB.

But then again they have been proven to be lying liars, so who really knows what they watch on TV. And they all have phones they are constantly looking at. Now that the show is over they have little reason to push the “no TV” agenda. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

I don't think all the restrictions the Duggars live(d) with were for the show. They were living with them long before anyone knew who they were. And Michelle would have visceral reactions when restrictions were unintentionally violated. I think JB & M have relaxed some, but not all that much, with their minor children.

Anyway, they've always had a get out of Fundy jail free card, by saying many of their beliefs were personal convictions. So they can say they feel differently now, but I don't think we'll be seeing Michelle's knees or clavicle anytime soon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

But then again they have been proven to be lying liars, so who really knows what they watch on TV. And they all have phones they are constantly looking at. Now that the show is over they have little reason to push the “no TV” agenda. 

This is the right answer. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Good point.  And some of them certainly are listening to pop & rock songs.  Maybe they're doing a deep dive into all the pop culture stuff they missed.

• Useful 3
16 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Good point.  And some of them certainly are listening to pop & rock songs.  Maybe they're doing a deep dive into all the pop culture stuff they missed.

Jason has discovered Queen! Maybe the Village People will be next 😆.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think all the restrictions the Duggars live(d) with were for the show. They were living with them long before anyone knew who they were. And Michelle would have visceral reactions when restrictions were unintentionally violated. I think JB & M have relaxed some, but not all that much, with their minor children.

Anyway, they've always had a get out of Fundy jail free card, by saying many of their beliefs were personal convictions. So they can say they feel differently now, but I don't think we'll be seeing Michelle's knees or clavicle anytime soon.

I agree.

TLC bought a show about the dynamics of a mega-family; the crazy, fundie stuff was just gravy for them.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Maybe it's something they picked up for one of the car lots, and eventually it's coming home with them to AR?

I know if I ever need to buy a limo, the Duggars are the last place I’d look. But it seems like they’ve done this before, flown to some random place to pick up a limo and then drive back to Arkansas. This way the trip to see Jingle is a business write off!

• Love 9
Just now, ozziemom said:

I know if I ever need to buy a limo, the Duggars are the last place I’d look. But it seems like they’ve done this before, flown to some random place to pick up a limo and then drive back to Arkansas. This way the trip to see Jingle is a business write off!

How can visiting LA and snowboarding in Colorado be considered business trips?

• LOL 2
Just now, Cinnabon said:

Was joking, but I could see Boob telling his accountant that the boys only flew to LA to pick up inventory, and Colorado was on the way back. So of course a tax deduction!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Maybe it's something they picked up for one of the car lots, and eventually it's coming home with them to AR?

That's something they do fairly often, I think. And they've mentioned limos before as one of the things they've bought, too. 

9 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Because they bought the limo and are driving it back to the car lot. They've gotta stop overnight somewhere. Might as well be at a mountain resort! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That's something they do fairly often, I think. And they've mentioned limos before as one of the things they've bought, too. 

Because they bought the limo and are driving it back to the car lot. They've gotta stop overnight somewhere. Might as well be at a mountain resort! 

It can’t be legal to write all of that off. Where’s the IRS when you need them? It would be great if Josh’s case put the whole family on their radar.                              

Even if it were legal to write off at least part of the trip, surely both Jason and Elijah wouldn’t both be able to claim that deduction? If I rode along with them, could I write it all off too? 🤣

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It can’t be legal to write all of that off. Where’s the IRS when you need them? It would be great if Josh’s case put the whole family on their radar.                              

Even if it were legal to write off at least part of the trip, surely both Jason and Elijah wouldn’t both be able to claim that deduction? If I rode along with them, could I write it all off too? 🤣

Typically the business owner would use the trip as a write off. Writes offs tend to be very minor financial benefits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Typically the business owner would use the trip as a write off. Writes offs tend to be very minor financial benefits.

Yes, I was self employed for a while and did my own taxes. Certainly I was the only one who could write off gas and car repairs, etc . Even if I employed someone else  and they rode along with me on trips, I would have been the only one entitled to those write offs. And yes, they generally don’t offset much the large amount of self employment taxes required. 

I was just reacting to both Jason and Elijah claiming they were taking a “business trip.” 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Unfortunately the IRS is way underfunded and understaffed so I’m sure the Duggars don’t come under much scrutiny. Of course they could be telling their accountant that all this is a business trip etc. and he may or may not be actually deducting the expenses. We’ve speculated before that Boob is behind all the LLC maneuvering which seems shady, but I believe the Duggar accountant is the agent for a bunch of the LLC’s so he’s probably going along with whatever Boob says. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

james has a video up of california and colorado trip. I am dying laughing imagining what Jeremy was thinking when the limo broke down and James was working on it in the street in front of his house and then it looks like they got a hose and washed it. Now there's the image Jer wants to project to the world. 😂

colorado part Justin and Robby Spivey shown, also a few girls. Clair and her sister Paige maybe. hard to tell with the ski clothing.

They put an air mattress in the limo because the Duggars are classy. but had a condo right on the slopes in CO. no comment from Hilaria yet on the video but we all know there will be one.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4