Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

"Unfortunately, our state still has one of the highest overall tax burdens in the country,"  

I find that hard to believe.  According to google, he's talking about sales tax.  

I read the same thing. Income taxes and property taxes are quite low. Jed is spouting nothing but boilerplate Republicanese -- not terribly surprising from someone barely literate whi has never read a book or magazine or watched a television show or a movie that wasn't Gothard-approved.

• Love 23
10 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

"Unfortunately, our state still has one of the highest overall tax burdens in the country,"  

I find that hard to believe.  According to google, he must be talking about sales tax.  

@Zella can confirm. 😀

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I would never say Arkansas taxes are especially burdensome. I think our property taxes especially are considered low. 

I suspect Jed is just parroting his father's attitude towards taxes- which is that any tax is too much  Remember all the Instagram posts on the sales tax holiday weekend- they were all giddy about it.  Also, I seem to recall Smuggar being delinquent on the property taxes on the mold house, and then there was the home church that many suspected was primarily a tax dodge.  

Of course, no one enjoys being taxed, but I get the impression the Duggars equate taxation with persecution.  Wasn't there some frustration expressed about paying school taxes since their kids went to SOTDRT?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Love 14
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

there was the home church that many suspected was primarily a tax dodge.  

They paid full regular property taxes on their home during the home churching time.  It was public record.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/4/2019 at 8:02 PM, Heathen said:

Anybody else notice Jim Bob's hand operating the puppet strings in the photos of Smuggar 3.0? 

....and the consistent and constant selling of Jana ( Look! Now she's in the law biz! What CAN'T Jana do? ).....maybe her hemline will creep up in 1/16th of an inch increments per year until she's sold.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Bob Ballinger is promoting the shit outta Jed on his personal FB page. Someone asked him in the comments what exactly Jed's policies were, especially since his opponent is quite articulate on hers, and Bob told said person that Jed isn't running for governor and a freshman legislator is more in need of conviction regarding their philosophies than specific policies. Um, okay then, Bobby Boy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Bob Ballinger is promoting the shit outta Jed on his personal FB page. Someone asked him in the comments what exactly Jed's policies were, especially since his opponent is quite articulate on hers, and Bob told said person that Jed isn't running for governor and a freshman legislator is more in need of conviction regarding their philosophies than specific policies. Um, okay then, Bobby Boy. 

"Conviction regarding their philosophies" -- so Dumbshit Duggar doesn't even know what he, himself, stands for? Why am I not surprised? He's a damn puppet, one of the last born-Duggars who actually got an education (the other was Dumbshit's mother). 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I'll be honest, the biggest obstacle to Jed winning any election is voter apathy.  Many voters come in vote in the big ticket elections and ignore smaller races like this one.  Which is why a Democrat like the woman Jed is running against won in 2018 while Asa Hutchinson won the governor's race.**  How is Bob planning on getting Repub voters to fill out more of their ballot than just Donald Trump in 2020?

**Unless the R candidate was grossly incompetent or involved in a huge scandal.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'll be honest, the biggest obstacle to Jed winning any election is voter apathy.  Many voters come in vote in the big ticket elections and ignore smaller races like this one.  Which is why a Democrat like the woman Jed is running against won in 2018 while Asa Hutchinson won the governor's race.**  How is Bob planning on getting Repub voters to fill out more of their ballot than just Donald Trump in 2020?

I think they're hoping the opposite will happen. Jed and JB are counting on voters to show up because its a presidential election year. They're counting on voters voting across party line.

Oh my, I wrote Counting On twice.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Translation: The boy will be my bitch and if a bunch of teevee idiots fans pony up donations so much the better.

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'd actually argue that the issue of voter turnout probably had little to do with the result of that race in 2018. Springdale demographics are skewing more Democratic. In addition to the NWA metro area skewing more liberal than other parts of the state in general, Springdale itself has a sizable Hispanic population and a growing Marshall Islander population, and the Democratic candidate is an ESL teacher who is quite vocal with her advocacy. She appeals to a pretty good chunk of voters in that district on her own. 

Also FWIW, before Hutchinson, we had a Democrat for governor--Beebe. If he hadn't been term-limited, I think he would have been re-elected. He was popular, and I knew a lot of Republicans who actually liked him. He actually had beat Hutchinson before in gubernatorial races. 

As I've said before, the perception of Arkansas as a solidly Republican state is a bit of a misnomer on the more local/state level, though not the national one. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 8
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Zella said:

So he has no policies and probably can't even spell the word. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'd actually argue that the issue of voter turnout probably had little to do with the result of that race in 2018. Springdale demographics are skewing more Democratic. In addition to the NWA metro area skewing more liberal than other parts of the state in general, Springdale itself has a sizable Hispanic population and a growing Marshall Islander population, and the Democratic candidate is an ESL teacher who is quite vocal with her advocacy. She appeals to a pretty good chunk of voters in that district on her own. 

Did Springdale go for the democrat instead of Asa?  I haven't looked at the numbers to confirm.  My initial point was not low voter turnout for midterms, but the fact that many voters only vote for the big ticket items on the ballot and leave the rest of the ballot blank.  They vote for president/governor/senator/US house, but leave the rest of the ballot blank.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Did Springdale go for the democrat instead of Asa?  I haven't looked at the numbers to confirm.  My initial point was not low voter turnout for midterms, but the fact that many voters only vote for the big ticket items on the ballot and leave the rest of the ballot blank.  They vote for president/governor/senator/US house, but leave the rest of the ballot blank.  

I can't find results by district since all of them are by state House districts, but I still don't think that down-ballot effect explains her win.

I don't know about Springdale voters, but most of the people I know are more likely to just pick the candidate from the party of their choice rather than skip the race, and that would seem to favor the incumbent she beat, not her.

I do know several Republicans who skipped voting for Ballinger in the last election because they didn't want to vote for him but couldn't bring themselves to vote for the Democrat. 🙄

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I know *I* don't like Ballinger, but I didn't realize he was so unpopular within his own party. A ringing endorsement for young Jed. 😂😂😂😂

It's more prevalent in the counties where he's lived. It seems like Republicans in his district, which spans several counties, who don't have to deal with him on a daily basis are more likely to vote for him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

It's also worth noting that Jed INTERNED for Ballinger's campaign; he was NOT the campaign manager, as he claims in his bio.

More #Duggarlies

Edited by Sew Sumi
Needed a space
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's more prevalent in the counties where he's lived. It seems like Republicans in his district, which spans several counties, who don't have to deal with him on a daily basis are more likely to vote for him. 

Well, there's the kind of ringing endorsement any of us should aspire to. 

Disliked by those who know me but still able to trigger party-line voting by those who don't! 

I could see that on a bumper sticker. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11

There was an episode of Will & Grace where they were endorsing candidates. Will was endorsing an either gay candidate or pro LGBTQ candidate and Grace was endorsing a Jewish one. It turns out both politicians were rotten to the core, but Will and Grace found this out late in the game. But the fact is many folks go in and vote by party line, or vote for someone they relate to or vote for someone that their friend knows or vote for the savviest sign holder outside the voting station.

I just saw a clip about the show Dancing with the Stars. The judges are trying to vote out a shitty dancer but the viewers are keeping him on the show. This dancer has political connections and the viewers who are keeping him on the show are the same folks who showed up to vote 3 years ago.

Sadly, Jed could win.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There was an episode of Will & Grace where they were endorsing candidates. Will was endorsing an either gay candidate or pro LGBTQ candidate and Grace was endorsing a Jewish one. It turns out both politicians were rotten to the core, but Will and Grace found this out late in the game. But the fact is many folks go in and vote by party line, or vote for someone they relate to or vote for someone that their friend knows or vote for the savviest sign holder outside the voting station.

I just saw a clip about the show Dancing with the Stars. The judges are trying to vote out a shitty dancer but the viewers are keeping him on the show. This dancer has political connections and the viewers who are keeping him on the show are the same folks who showed up to vote 3 years ago.

Sadly, Jed could win.

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out a Duggar win, for sure, but I also don't think it is an automatic thing, even if he is a Duggar or even if he is a Republican. Springdale, don't be stupid. 😫

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sadly, Jed could win.

He could. But take heart. He still has nearly a full year to make a complete ass of himself. 

I also notice (I think) that in addition to trying to cover up any obvious signs of Jed's Gothard-cult involvement, JB the SockPuppet Master and Meeechelle seem to be kind of lying low here as well.

After all, the Duggars being Duggars, you might expect mom and her big black shoes and windbreaker to be there behind sonny boy when he announces his political run and you might expect JB's hideous mug to pop up in a campaigning picture here and there. But so far I haven't seen them.....

Seems likely to me that whoever's advising them has suggested they keep not just the Gothard connection but the family connections somewhat on the downlow.....Their popularity and approval rating -- especially when it comes to being public officials -- may be somewhat in doubt in their area, too. 

That's what I'm hoping, anyway. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

He could. But take heart. He still has nearly a full year to make a complete ass of himself. 

I also notice (I think) that in addition to trying to cover up any obvious signs of Jed's Gothard-cult involvement, JB the SockPuppet Master and Meeechelle seem to be kind of lying low here as well.

After all, the Duggars being Duggars, you might expect mom and her big black shoes and windbreaker to be there behind sonny boy when he announces his political run and you might expect JB's hideous mug to pop up in a campaigning picture here and there. But so far I haven't seen them.....

Seems likely to me that whoever's advising them has suggested they keep not just the Gothard connection but the family connections somewhat on the downlow.....Their popularity and approval rating -- especially when it comes to being public officials -- may be somewhat in doubt in their area, too. 

That's what I'm hoping, anyway. 

Such truth in this statement of yours - He could. But take heart. He still has nearly a full year to make a complete ass of himself. 

Let's hope that JB & M are laying low because they know they may be toxic rather than not showing up with their child like it's the first day of kindergarten.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I would pay to see this as an ad running on TV during election season. Who is with me?!?!?!?!

Bobby Newport Jed Duggar never had a real job...in his life. (For those unfamiliar with Parks and Rec, Google Bobby Newport campaign ad)

I’d like to think that an uneducated 20 year old has zero chance of being elected over a Phd candidate incumbent, but I have 0/10 faith in the voting public.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Such truth in this statement of yours - He could. But take heart. He still has nearly a full year to make a complete ass of himself. 

Let's hope that JB & M are laying low because they know they may be toxic rather than not showing up with their child like it's the first day of kindergarten.

Oh, I hope Boobchelle are active in young Jed's campaign. They think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I think that they would consider themselves assets to the campaign. 

Pretty please? 😁

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out a Duggar win, for sure, but I also don't think it is an automatic thing, even if he is a Duggar or even if he is a Republican. Springdale, don't be stupid. 😫

If Springdale follows the trends in the rest of the country, specifically the results from the recent elections earlier this week, he may have an uphill battle. Which I'm more than fine with. Some humility would be good for Smuggar 3.0

• Love 19
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I hope Boobchelle are active in young Jed's campaign. They think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I think that they would consider themselves assets to the campaign. 

Pretty please? 😁

I second your hopes! 

However, I fear they'd already have been much more prominent if somebody JB sorta listens to weren't strongly advising them against it. 

Hoping I'm wrong but I kinda doubt it.

They're clearly getting advice and help from somebody and it appears to be somebody who isn't as dumb or reckless as they are. Somebody's involved who can sorta write the English language and create policy statements that speak to their tribe while being careful to acknowledge some facts and such, for example. 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

They're clearly getting advice and help from somebody and it appears to be somebody who isn't as dumb or reckless as they are. Somebody's involved who can sorta write the English language and create policy statements that speak to their tribe while being careful to acknowledge some facts and such, for example. 

As we learned from the Smuggar 1.0 debacle Boob prefers to be in charge and ignores sound advice. So while it seems they have a savvy social media person right now I'm not ruling out that Boob will eventually get antsy and do his own thing anyway.

• Love 14

Boob's ego won't allow him to stay on the sidelines for long. I just can't see him or his possum-headed wife staying out of this. Who knows? Mechelle can do some robocalls. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, there's the kind of ringing endorsement any of us should aspire to. 

Disliked by those who know me but still able to trigger party-line voting by those who don't! 

I could see that on a bumper sticker. 

Reminds me of someone . . . orange.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

As we learned from the Smuggar 1.0 debacle Boob prefers to be in charge and ignores sound advice. So while it seems they have a savvy social media person right now I'm not ruling out that Boob will eventually get antsy and do his own thing anyway.

And they do have almost a whole year to do something stupid. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 11/6/2019 at 1:48 PM, laurakaye said:

So let's just say that this man is sitting here with Jed, and maybe he has a wife and a few kids, and perhaps he and his wife are struggling to make ends meet, and maybe he works two jobs and his wife works one, mortgage payments are tough, or the school system is failing their kids, etc.

What in the sam hill does 20-year old, barely-GED-having used-car salesman Jed Duggar have to say to this man?

I’m 99% sure that the verse from 1 Timothy about “don’t let anyone look down on you because of your youth” was voiced in this very session.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

If Josh is Smuggar 1.0, Jed is Smuggar 3.0, who is Smuggar 2.0? Josiah? 

This is a good question. I would say Josh is 1.0, and Jed is 3.0, but then Josiah never seemed smug enough. Joe seems like 2.0 in that he's seems like the most fundie, but he's quieter about it and he seems more sincere than Josh. Josh never seemed that sincere about his beliefs even before the revelations. Of the first six boys, Joe and Jed seem to be the biggest fundies. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

This is a good question. I would say Josh is 1.0, and Jed is 3.0, but then Josiah never seemed smug enough. Joe seems like 2.0 in that he's seems like the most fundie, but he's quieter about it and he seems more sincere than Josh. Josh never seemed that sincere about his beliefs even before the revelations. Of the first six boys, Joe and Jed seem to be the biggest fundies. 

If there's an opening for 2.0, I nominate Jessa.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Boob's ego won't allow him to stay on the sidelines for long. I just can't see him or his possum-headed wife staying out of this. Who knows? Mechelle can do some robocalls. 

Hello mother is bleeding. 

Vote for my son ummm what his name again?  Oh J something. (Breathy voice)

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I think of it as Boob is the 1.0 original model, Smugs was groomed in his image as 2.0. Now Jed, because Smugs failed on every level.

The only reason I'm glad that Jed is running for office is because you just know that it's killing Josh. Jed is stepping into the life that was supposed to be his, while he has nothing to look forward to except being the barely-employed family pariah. I'm sure that Jim Bob and Jed are already strutting around the TTH acting like Jed's victory is a foregone conclusion and I'm also sure that they're not shy about rubbing Josh's nose in it.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Josiah used to be called Smuggar Junior on Free Jinger, so the molester is Smuggar, Josiah is Smuggar 2.0, Jed is 3.0. 

At least Helmet Head had a work ethic when he was younger. None of his cretinous offspring does. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10