Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E26: We Are Family

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Is Amber aware that she dated Gary for years? I have a neighbor who on many occasions asked me why i'm with my fiance and says "you are so much better looking than he is". Even if that's true (which it isn't. He's a cutie pie), why the hell would anyone say anything about the person you're with? It's so incredibly rude and whose business is it of theirs to talk about your S/O looks?

I have a married friend who ran into a woman who had done a show with my friend's husband. After confirming who her husband was, the woman proceeded to tell my friend what an asshole her husband was. She didn't rant, just discussed it casually. My friend was so taken aback she didn't say anything. So yes, people do this shit. Amber has a very selective memory regarding Gary. Spite!

• Love 6
On 6/21/2017 at 3:23 PM, lidarose9 said:

Cate and Tyler basically have absolutely nothing going on so they just borrow storylines from other people. Next they'll want to open a frozen yogurt shop or start selling t-shirts. 

Uh oh.  They know about Farrah's sex tape, right?  I'm scared.

1 hour ago, chuckity said:

And I'm trying to figure out a way to broach the subject with her ... but how do I say, "so, I was watching this guy be an asshole to his fiance while he bottles beer and I figured out he's your ex husband" without sounding like a weirdo.  

It beats admitting you watch Teen Mom.

• Love 17

OMG guys, I've been a bit behind...finally watched the after show...was Catelynn being swallowed by a floral loveseat...or was that Catelynn?! No words for Amber. Maci? You & Taylor aren't blushing, you're red from the alcohol. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Uh oh.  They know about Farrah's sex tape, right?  I'm scared.

It beats admitting you watch Teen Mom.

I don't know, closet watching TM is right up there with closet watching Melrose Place. ?

• Love 6
19 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Co-sign a million times. So many things she could have said.

I really do not care how Gary and Kristina met, have no cares that they met at Walmart or Kmart. I do not know if she was happily narried or not. If she was, she would not have looked at another man. She might have been in an unhappy marriage. The people who sold stories about her were likely seeking quick cash. We have seen over the years how people sell a story for $$. Hell, even April sold a bullshit story to Radar about Cate, which Cate acknowledged as an untruth.

My point is, Kristina and Gary are in a healthy place and so far seem to be very happy and genuine. Many couples start out a relationship on a shaky foundation and make things work out just as some people start out on a healthy note, but end up breaking up. 

As pointed out above, these two have got their shit together and are doing well. Kristina could have said so much to Amber while she heard her man being put down, but in the end, the clapback is Amber feeling slighted each and every time she sees Gary happy. Kristina just sits and smiles because she knows what she has.

I know exactly what you mean. Gary and Kristina have a good life together. It's not a "fancy reality star life" but I don't think either of them really wanted that in the first place. Gary was hung up on Amber for a long time because she was his first love and mom to his kid but she always treated him HORRIBLY (the physical abuse was on another level) and its killing her to see him just enjoy life! Gary and Kristina should just keep being themselves, no need to indulge Amber's pettiness. 

• Love 20
(edited)

I think Kristina and Gary believe that living well is the best revenge. Good for them and Leah and Emilee

Hey Booger666, everybody on Seinfeld watched Melrose Place.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 9

Radar's website must be absolutely loaded with ads for my browsers to hang up the way the do, regardless of which one I use. ALL of the other articles link back to Radar, because Radar gets the scoop first since they will pay for them. They also claimed to have the court documents about Kristina's divorce, but I couldn't open them, and that is the reason I linked to those stories on that terribly sucky website.

I was able to find the article where Mackenzie's dad says they are going to have a talk with Ryan, and I thought the tweet about the prayer meeting after that article was linked in it after it was updated, but it wasn't. I'm fairly certain that it was posted then deleted (ala Jenelle), but someone screenshot it and an online tabloid printed it.

Maci has always thought she had some power over Ryan, even though he seemed like he was only tolerating her because it was expected since she was pregnant with Bentley. Maci has given interviews and speeches for that abstinence group where she insists that they would have still been together if they waited to have Bentley. Ryan made it absolutely clear on the show, and even said the words, that they were only together as long as they were because of Bentley. She did get paid for those speeches, so the assertion could be simply because she was paid to tell that particular story, but I've always got the impression she believed it. He was also continuing to have sex with her and her friends kept telling her how much he still wanted her, so that probably also had some effect on that particular delusion.

I absolutely believe that he only TALKS to her when MTV is filming. We've seen him trying to talk to her on the show and her just walking away, so he probably doesn't see any reason to try. But I don't believe he only SEES Bentley when MTV is around, in part because Maci continues to complain how Bentley acts like him and what a poor influence he is on Bentley's behavior. She can't keep her stories straight because she is a terrible and unconvincing liar.

He has been alleged to do drugs (opiates and ecstasy is what I remember) from his teen years, including when he dated Maci. Not only in the club, but when they would go 4-wheeling in groups. A Kailyn-sized BUT(t) here (worth considerably less than she paid for that butt), I think he HAS gotten worse over the years and can sympathize with Maci thinking she has to say something. It's most likely to me that MTV sent him to rehab and made going a requirement like they allegedly did with Jenelle and Leah. Mackenzie doesn't seem to have any compunction about his issues and, according to Dalis, his mother is completely in denial. That leaves his dad and Maci and Ryan doesn't seem to have any respect for her.

It's too bad he left early, although someone on one of those articles suggested that he only detoxed and is now in outpatient treatment. That may be true, but I doubt it. 

Regarding my comment about Kristina's friends speaking negatively about her, they didn't sell the article. After it was posted, they commented with their Facebook accounts, and one of the tabloids (The Ashley?) screencapped them with their names removed, but linked to the original article and the comments with their names were still there. I looked at some of the accounts and they were real and had existed for a while; they were not just created to comment on the article. Mostly, they were talking back and forth about how surprised they were by her actions. It was so long ago that I can't remember where I read it. 

Maybe her marriage wasn't healthy, but having sex with another person and then sleeping with your spouse certainly isn't fixing it. Get counselling or leave, but do not risk your spouse's health because you've decided to stray. She was also telling Gary that she wasn't having sex with her husband, and she was, and he tweeted an angry comment about it. They have gotten past it so there isn't any reason for me to hold it over her head, but she gets no respect from me for being a cheater. That's twice that we know about. It's also notable to me that her husband received primary physical custody. I think most of us are aware of situations where the dad is the better parent, but the mom still receives physical custody because there is still a subconscious sexism that the dads have to fight. It's possible that the same sexism made the judge decided she was unfit because she chose to cheat, but I don't see any reason to give her the benefit of the doubt. I hope her marriage to Gary remains a happy and healthy one, for the sake of the three kids who call her mom.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Christina said:

Radar's website must be absolutely loaded with ads for my browsers to hang up the way the do, regardless of which one I use. ALL of the other articles link back to Radar, because Radar gets the scoop first since they will pay for them. They also claimed to have the court documents about Kristina's divorce, but I couldn't open them, and that is the reason I linked to those stories on that terribly sucky website.

This is a direct link to the official court documents. I agree, Radar is awful.  

(I don't know why " " is included above)

Edited by druzy
22 minutes ago, Christina said:

I was able to find the article where Mackenzie's dad says they are going to have a talk with Ryan, and I thought the tweet about the prayer meeting after that article was linked in it after it was updated, but it wasn't. I'm fairly certain that it was posted then deleted (ala Jenelle), but someone screenshot it and an online tabloid printed it.

Maci has always thought she had some power over Ryan, even though he seemed like he was only tolerating her because it was expected since she was pregnant with Bentley. Maci has given interviews and speeches for that abstinence group where she insists that they would have still been together if they waited to have Bentley. Ryan made it absolutely clear on the show, and even said the words, that they were only together as long as they were because of Bentley. She did get paid for those speeches, so the assertion could be simply because she was paid to tell that particular story, but I've always got the impression she believed it. He was also continuing to have sex with her and her friends kept telling her how much he still wanted her, so that probably also had some effect on that particular delusion.

I absolutely believe that he only TALKS to her when MTV is filming. We've seen him trying to talk to her on the show and her just walking away, so he probably doesn't see any reason to try. But I don't believe he only SEES Bentley when MTV is around, in part because Maci continues to complain how Bentley acts like him and what a poor influence he is on Bentley's behavior. She can't keep her stories straight because she is a terrible and unconvincing liar.

He has been alleged to do drugs (opiates and ecstasy is what I remember) from his teen years, including when he dated Maci. Not only in the club, but when they would go 4-wheeling in groups. A Kailyn-sized BUT(t) here (worth considerably less than she paid for that butt), I think he HAS gotten worse over the years and can sympathize with Maci thinking she has to say something. It's most likely to me that MTV sent him to rehab and made going a requirement like they allegedly did with Jenelle and Leah. Mackenzie doesn't seem to have any compunction about his issues and, according to Dalis, his mother is completely in denial. That leaves his dad and Maci and Ryan doesn't seem to have any respect for her.

It's too bad he left early, although someone on one of those articles suggested that he only detoxed and is now in outpatient treatment. That may be true, but I doubt it. 

Regarding my comment about Kristina's friends speaking negatively about her, they didn't sell the article. After it was posted, they commented with their Facebook accounts, and one of the tabloids (The Ashley?) screencapped them with their names removed, but linked to the original article and the comments with their names were still there. I looked at some of the accounts and they were real and had existed for a while; they were not just created to comment on the article. Mostly, they were talking back and forth about how surprised they were by her actions. It was so long ago that I can't remember where I read it. 

Maybe her marriage wasn't healthy, but having sex with another person and then sleeping with your spouse certainly isn't fixing it. Get counselling or leave, but do not risk your spouse's health because you've decided to stray. She was also telling Gary that she wasn't having sex with her husband, and she was, and he tweeted an angry comment about it. They have gotten past it so there isn't any reason for me to hold it over her head, but she gets no respect from me for being a cheater. That's twice that we know about. It's also notable to me that her husband received primary physical custody. I think most of us are aware of situations where the dad is the better parent, but the mom still receives physical custody because there is still a subconscious sexism that the dads have to fight. It's possible that the same sexism made the judge decided she was unfit because she chose to cheat, but I don't see any reason to give her the benefit of the doubt. I hope her marriage to Gary remains a happy and healthy one, for the sake of the three kids who call her mom.

I always wondered about the custody situation with Kristina.  It's unusual for a father to be awarded primary custody of a minor child (see: Gary and Corey) usually the mom has to have...issues...for that to happen so I'm quite curious how it happened in her case.  She seems like a genuinely sweet, kindhearted good woman but..then there's that stuff.  Kind of makes you wonder. 

It's also not any sort of shocker that Jen is in total denial about Ryan's drug use.  It's pretty obvious now that's what the big falling out between him and Larry last season was about, where we see Jen continue to enable Ryan by setting him up in a relatives house and bringing Bentley to him.   I don't really care for Maci that much but Jen makes me ragey with her constant enabling of Ryan.   She obviously loves him to pieces but she sure as hell isn't helping him with that behavior.

• Love 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I always wondered about the custody situation with Kristina.  It's unusual for a father to be awarded primary custody of a minor child (see: Gary and Corey) usually the mom has to have...issues...for that to happen so I'm quite curious how it happened in her case.  She seems like a genuinely sweet, kindhearted good woman but..then there's that stuff.  Kind of makes you wonder. 

It's also not any sort of shocker that Jen is in total denial about Ryan's drug use.  It's pretty obvious now that's what the big falling out between him and Larry last season was about, where we see Jen continue to enable Ryan by setting him up in a relatives house and bringing Bentley to him.   I don't really care for Maci that much but Jen makes me ragey with her constant enabling of Ryan.   She obviously loves him to pieces but she sure as hell isn't helping him with that behavior.

Perhaps her husband was the primary care giver so she didn't fight primary physical custody. While rare it does happen. She seems to be taking good care of little Emile and Leah so I don't think she has "issues" that were making her an unfit parent. 

OR equally possible her oldest child she had to "please her husband" and although she loves her child, and wants to be in her life she isn't as interested in parenting her full time (that happens a lot too). Add that to a sexist judge who thinks an "unvirtuous woman" isn't a fit model for a little girl and there you may have it. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Perhaps her husband was the primary care giver so she didn't fight primary physical custody. While rare it does happen. She seems to be taking good care of little Emile and Leah so I don't think she has "issues" that were making her an unfit parent. 

OR equally possible her oldest child she had to "please her husband" and although she loves her child, and wants to be in her life she isn't as interested in parenting her full time (that happens a lot too). Add that to a sexist judge who thinks an "unvirtuous woman" isn't a fit model for a little girl and there you may have it. 

Right. There was that link posted on Maci's thread about Tennessee laws which mentioned a husband being nagged by a wife as being grounds for divorce and the other sexist references.

Did anyone catch Cate telling Tyler how they should go to L.A. because they "needed time away"? Time away from what??? Their local fast food places?? They had just gone to PR!

Cate needs time away from her couch.

Cate needs time away from Tyler.

Cate and Tyler should get a fucking life! 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

I have not paid attention to how old Christina's eldest child is, but way back in the day when my parents got divorced, we had to choose who we wanted to live with.  I was 11 or 12 at the time. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Did anyone catch Cate telling Tyler how they should go to L.A. because they "needed time away"? Time away from what??? Their local fast food places?? They had just gone to PR!

That really annoyed me. She said, "If anything, it'll just be nice to get away". Like parents who haven't had a vacation in 5 years would say. Not the lazy ass couple who had just returned from their previous vacation a few weeks ago, at most. 

I also noticed she said that April was watching Nova this time. I wonder what Butch is up to. 

• Love 15

Now, most courts don't allow children to pick. It puts a lot of anxiety on their shoulders. Sometimes they pick the less fit parent in hopes that they can take care of them or don't want to upset them. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Now, most courts don't allow children to pick. It puts a lot of anxiety on their shoulders. Sometimes they pick the less fit parent in hopes that they can take care of them or don't want to upset them. 

Well, to be fair, I kept throwing fits and demanding to live with my dad. My mom gave in and I assume they just changed the custody agreement. It could be something that Kristina and her ex husband agreed on?

• Love 2

I've always just assumed he got primary because he doesn't want their daughter on the show.  Plus whatever her health issues that require hospital stays might have factored in, too.  Maybe that was another reason not to let her film and being at her dad's was just better.  Maybe he's closer to her physicians group?  I don't know, obviously.  Just how I perceived their situation to be with how little information that has been given on the show.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I don't know, closet watching TM is right up there with closet watching Melrose Place. ?

Now, now... everyone I knew watched Melrose Place back in the day. There was a sports bar my husband and I used to go to that had it on every week. All the games, pool, darts, etc. stopped while everyone watched Melrose. I would never admit to anyone I watch Teen Mom...

• Love 9
(edited)

Man, I didn't show any new posts on this thread, and there are like ten since I've last read. Hmmpt. PTV punishing me for long posts on Teen Mom. I don't need an intervention!!!

Kristina's oldest daughter is the same age as Leah, and I think she was six when the divorce happened. I don't see any unfit behavior as it pertains to Kristina. Back when the news broke about her being with Gary and being married at the time, there were claims that she got caught when she had her daughter with Gary and Leah and Karly told her dad something that made him suspicious. There is obviously no proof of that, but I can see her taking her daughter on play dates with Leah and I wouldn't have thought that suspicious, but if they kissed or touched overtly, a six-year-old could have picked up on it and told her dad. If that happened and if she had her daughter filming for the show, as alleged by her husband, I can see a judge saying she didn't show the best judgment and awarding custody to the dad. I can also see a judge being judgmental about her having an affair, and that being the deciding factor. 

She certainly seems good to Leah, with Leah telling her how much she meant to her at the surprise "wedding" on the beach Gary threw together. She is probably a good person in general.

20 hours ago, druzy said:

Thank you! I shall now snoop.

ETA: I had to re-search because the link didn't take me to the page, and there is a Kristina Anderson who is a complete menace on the roadway, with several driving infractions and tickets. I don't think it is this Kristina, because one of them show a different middle initial, but think they may all be the same Kristina, who has no business driving on the roadways. There is another Kristina with several unpaid bills, some medical, but the other name on those accounts is not her ex-husband. I thought it may have been for her daughter's medical bills, but it's not her. I have a lot of sympathy for whoever it is, though. Medical bills can cause bankruptcy.

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph
  • Love 2

That docket is interesting. Kristina tried to continue the divorce hearing but was ordered to appear and explain why she wanted a continuance. It looks like she was having trouble finding an attorney for the original hearing date. I suspect that since she had been a stay-at-home parent, she was having financial difficulties and the attorneys' retainer was hard to get. She hired an attorney before the continued hearing date, that attorney withdrew representation and she hired another one. Dad received primary custody at that hearing. 

Kristina later hires another attorney and files a petition for a custody change. The next document she filed was a Petition to have the judge removed and a Special Judge appointed, which was ultimately granted. Her ex filed Discovery Requests, asking for responses and documents to questions, probably pertaining to the filming but I can't see the document to confirm that, it was his problem though, and the subject of a previous Protection Order.

The final agreement was agreed between the two:

The parties agree that to share parenting time with their daughter as set out in the written order, Father shall have primary physical custody. Parenting time shall be as set out in the written order. Neither party shall pay child support. The parties shall divide all uninsured medical, dental, prescription, orthodontia, counseling, and optical expenses for Karly. all as per written order.

So, I'm leaning toward the original judge being judgmental of her having an affair and wanting to be part of the dreck known as Teen Mom as opposed to some risk to their daughter. Although, if she did take her daughter with her on dates that shows poor decision making, but not really danger. It's not like she is Adam Lind or anything.

• Love 6

Few things in this world are black and white. Kristina isn't a saint or the devil. It's quite possible she fucked up. She had an affair. She caused her divorce. Who knows? It's possible she handled things poorly, but is still a good person and is doing a great job in the life she has now. I judge someone by the totality of their behavior. CHRONIC cheating, CHRONIC drug use, CHRONIC neglect of the children. CHRONIC alienation of the other parental unit - these are all issues we've seen from Amber, Leah, Kail, and Jenelle. Kristina hasn't proven to be a bad person; she just possibly made some bad choices. 

• Love 23

I admit to watching teen mom, but also I kind of say it in a self deprecating way. And also as someone who doesn't have kids and is pretty sure I don't want any, it makes me feel like maybe I could be a parent if these people are my examples. But yeah I admit it. I also admit that a majority of the time I feel really uncomfortable when watching lately.

• Love 6

Late to the party, my Saturday reward after house cleaning, to watch Teen Mom.  I have to say, Gary is a good man and dad. He is a class act, genuinely thanking Amber and Mutt (no typo) for coming to the egg hunt and helping out. He and Kristina are not saints or perfect people (see ghoulina), but they are a good couple and good parents. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Few things in this world are black and white. Kristina isn't a saint or the devil. It's quite possible she fucked up. She had an affair. She caused her divorce. Who knows? It's possible she handled things poorly, but is still a good person and is doing a great job in the life she has now. I judge someone by the totality of their behavior. CHRONIC cheating, CHRONIC drug use, CHRONIC neglect of the children. CHRONIC alienation of the other parental unit - these are all issues we've seen from Amber, Leah, Kail, and Jenelle. Kristina hasn't proven to be a bad person; she just possibly made some bad choices. 

I agree. For me, it's not always about how people have acted in the past, but how they continue to act in the present. Most things in life are gray and broad paint strokes can't be applied to everyone. Except for Matt. He is a psychotic loser and we can judge him to hell and back. 

• Love 19
22 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I agree. For me, it's not always about how people have acted in the past, but how they continue to act in the present. Most things in life are gray and broad paint strokes can't be applied to everyone. Except for Matt. He is a psychotic loser and we can judge him to hell and back. 

Same. It does feel like a grey issue and we don't know the extent of what was going on in kristinas first marriage. Maybe she and her first husband were going through a rough patch at the time and were heading for a divorce, it dosent give her grounds to cheat of course but just reading bits and facts on the internet  doesn't mean we know the full story. 

With Matt though, everything about him screams shady. Starting with the fact that he and Amber started their relantionship via Twitter. Like internet dating is a thing now, but twitter dating.. nope. Sorry. And the kids thing and the way he has been talking to Amber as of late. He's not a good guy.

• Love 9

So color me confused on Kristina's older daughter and custody. Dad has primary physical custody, what does that probably mean for time spent for the child with Kristina? Kudos for her not being on the show,  but if they share all unreinbused expenses and no one pays support, that seems to point to child with her mom often. Can one of put legal buddies chime in with their best guess?

28 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

So color me confused on Kristina's older daughter and custody. Dad has primary physical custody, what does that probably mean for time spent for the child with Kristina? Kudos for her not being on the show,  but if they share all unreinbused expenses and no one pays support, that seems to point to child with her mom often. Can one of put legal buddies chime in with their best guess?

Primary custody denotes one parent gets her for more time than the other. How much time? That is hard to say in this particular case. It can be a small percentage of time. Seeing as no one pays support, it could be just a small difference as far as physical custody. Visitation can be spread out evenly throughout the year even though it doesn't really seem it is fairly equal time say during the school year. 

I saw many couples divorce back when I worked in a law office. You'd be surprised how many couples remained married technically although they lived somewhat separate lives under the same roof. Some other couples were dealing with troubled marriages, and it was not surprising that one or even both carried on relationships with other people or even just had sexual encounters while still maintaining a marriage for the kids. It wasn't until one finally had, had enough, did they pursue a divorce. Every single case was different. No matter how much generalizing there is when it pertains to couples where one cheats or has an affair, there is so much gray area that it can't be looked upon as a simple case of someone having cheated and that was the cause. Cheating is sometimes a symptom of a bigger problem, not the actual problem such as abuse, alcoholism, drug addiction, financial problems, a spouse who is not emotionally supportive and loving. I saw many couples fall under this category. 

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

@ghoulina for the win! 

PTV really needs to give us the ability to like a post a million times. 

I didn't bother to look at Kristina's divorce docs because all I need to see is what I see on this show with my own eyes. If Kristina was fucking up, we'd know it and Amber would certainly be posting about it. We are watching Mackenzie making the mistake of moving in with Ryan, and then marrying him, right after her divorce from a guy with whom she was only married for a short time. We watched Kail continue with the same ratchet behavior over and over. Nothing changes. Jenelle...oy vey. 

• Love 9

Kristina isn't allowed to have her daughter at all when filming. If the production team is around, Karly can't be there. So, since it films one week a month and on special events, that time will be spent with her dad, so he would have their daughter for more time than Kristina on average, but she may have more time in the summer that evens it out to almost half, like other mentioned. He was awarded primary custody at the time of their original divorce, and they made an agreement when she petitioned for an adjustment of custody, leaving primary custody with the dad. At that point, they may have just not wanted to change their daughter's schedule, because it can be hard on children.

It seems like her husband was a union laborer, but I really can't remember for sure or what type of work he does. Kristina is a stay-at-home parent, whose income is whatever she is paid for this show. If she makes $27000 a year like Matt, their income may close to equal and cancel each other out. Now that she is married to Gary, she also would have income credited to her for the rental properties and dessert business. The no child support portion doesn't indicate anything off to me. The most interesting thing to me from the court docket was that she got the judge who made the original custody decision removed when she petitioned for a change of custody. That leans my opinion toward the decision being based on her actions and plan to be on the show, and away from her being a risk to her daughter.

I concede and stated that she seems like a good person and good mother, but cannot agree that infidelity wouldn't happen if the marriage didn't already have problems. As far as I know, I haven't been cheated on, but know cheaters and those who have been cheated on and the emotional abuse from those actions are not defendable to me. The cheaters always say something is broken before they cheat, and it's typically something like feeling their partner was taking them for granted. The cheaters I know are along the lines of Leah; how dare Germy work so much leaving her to take care of the kids and the home!

Kristina had been married for years and we all get comfortable in long relationships and maybe don't provide our partners with the attention a new mate would, and that new person doesn't have to deal with the day-to-day work and issues that all families face. She was having sex with both of them and telling each of them they were the only one. Well, at least she told Gary she wasn't having sex with her husband, her husband took it for granted that he was the only one. She and Gary worked through it, and worked through Gary leading Amber on while she was in prison (even though he denies it), her ex-husband called it quits. By the time he filed, she had been with Gary for almost a year, and was probably fine with the marriage coming to an end, too.

Does being a cheater make her a horrible person? No. Does it make her unfit to have custody of her daughter? Nope. This whole discussion is taking place because someone had commented that they wondered what her ex looked like since she cheated on him with Gary and I posted the information about him that was disclosed when an article was posted about Gary being with her, that I saw his photo back then, and that I agreed with Amber that he was more attractive than Gary, seemed like a good guy, and her friends were commenting their surprise over her cheating because it wasn't something they saw her doing and that their marriage didn't seem to have any major issues. So, we can blame the entire back and forth on Amber, who is boss, and made the original comment bashing Gary and calling Greg better looking, which resulted in people wondering about him.

And I'll agree to disagree about her being attracted to Gary's "celebrity" {gag}, which I believe she was and that is why she cheated with him. Everything being shades of gray is a given, but at the same time, we also know she cheated, and I find that to be a clear black issue on the color palette, since a relationship outside of the marriage was not agreed upon by her husband. I have no problem judging Kail for her infidelity, Leah for her infidelity (even though when it comes to Germy I think he was also cheating, but the truth has not been revealed like we were promised) and I have no problem judging Kristina for hers. Cheating is a horrible thing to do to someone. If you have an agreement, fine, if not, you are inflicting pain on someone you claim to love, and that is a terrible action. Get therapy if your marriage is struggling or divorce, but don't risk giving your partner a disease and emotionally scarring them. 

• Love 1

The cheaters I know are along the lines of Leah; how dare Germy work so much leaving her to take care of the kids and the home!

We'd have to really know and dissect Leah's life in order to grasp and understand why she cheats in the first place. It is not black and white, although Leah makes it seem Germy working or Cory working were the the reasons she felt sexually abandoned. I think there is way more to the issue than just the guys not being home to satisfy her although, I have been guilty of posting that as her reasons for cheating. It is only because I don't really know what is going on deep inside her (no pun intended) emotionally or mentally. We don't know what void she is trying to fulfill and why it is she feels sex is the way to fulfilling that void. She was also an addict. People who are addicts are prone to straying from their relationships.

There are a myriad of reasons as to why people cheat. It is an extremely complex issue.  Touching upon Kail for a moment, she generally has no respect for men, she has no conscience, and her less than agreeable personality are traits that make her prone to not being faithful. She also doesn't have much as far as values are concerned.  There is a saying, once a cheater, always a cheater. I believe Leah and Kail fall under that category because they haven't made a move to work on themselves. I also do believe if they received proper therapy and got to the root of their problems within, they'd have a healthier outlook on life and in their relationships. The propensity to seek emotional and physical attention elsewhere would diminish. It is not their partner's fault they cheat. It is something within them although they put the blame on their partners.  

Generally, people who are in apparently healthy and loving relationships and find themselves straying or wanting to stray, would be a sign that something is amiss in the relationship, it doesn't make them a serial cheater. Factors in the relationship should be examined. 

As for looks, we all know that people will cheat regardless of how their partner looks. Look at Halle Berry. She has been in abusive relationships and she has been cheated on. We have all seen plenty of examples of people who have cheated on and those people are considered very beautiful or handsome. I don't know what Kristina's ex looks like. In the end, his looks are not what made the marriage work or not work.  All we know about this ex is what is put out there. I am sure if we watched him for a full year on television, we'd be dissecting him and finding out he is not what he seems on paper.

As for their friends saying their marriage was fine and happy, that makes me laugh. I have been shocked to find out when a couple is separating or divorcing after years of marriage because my thought was they were in a loving and happy relationship. Come to find out later there were cracks in the marriage that no one knew about. What goes on behind closed doors, friends and family are not always privy to.  I was in a long dating relationship with someone. When I broke it off, people were shocked. They felt he was such a great guy. He was. When we were in public. Behind closed doors, he was someone I hid from my friends and family. 

Let's be honest. Gary is not going to win any prize at the local beauty pageant for guys, but he does have a sense of what it is to be responsible, and many people would find that a great quality in a partner once they got past his looks and his weight. He handles his money, he is not showy, he puts his money to work through investments, he thinks about the future to assure he and his family are stable and secure. Gary seems to have a sweet disposition to people in general. He seemed to be an ass at times with Amber, but it was obvious having to be around her is what brought out the worst in him. He seems so loving and calm around Kristina. He is sure one hell of a father to Leah and is raising her to be one boss lady one day. 

• Love 9
On June 22, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Is Amber aware that she dated Gary for years? I have a neighbor who on many occasions asked me why i'm with my fiance and says "you are so much better looking than he is". Even if that's true (which it isn't. He's a cutie pie), why the hell would anyone say anything about the person you're with? It's so incredibly rude and whose business is it of theirs to talk about your S/O looks?

Many people in general think looks are much more important than they are. Especially the young.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I guess I need to watch the season Kristina was introduced in. I don't recall any of it! Must have been one that I skipped.

I don't think any of this aired on the show. Amber made a claim about Kristina giving up custody of her daughter on the show or an after show, but the rest was all online.

As far as I know, Gregory, Kristina's ex, never said anything about her, even though you know he was offered the opportunity. The only negative things "released" by him were their court filings, and those weren't given by him, they were purchased from the courthouse by Radar; not a lot was sealed (unlike Gary and Amber's custody matter, where almost everything was sealed until the last actions after she petitioned for a custody modification and requested a Guardian ad Litem). No matter what was wrong in her marriage, she was attracted to Gary's "celebrity," gave up time with her daughter so she could film, and like Maci, had an "oopsie" pregnancy, that she claimed happened because her birth control pills changed from one generic manufacturer to another. If I have to compare her to the others, she would of course come out ahead. Hell, Amber choses to give up time with her daughter for time with her couch. But I don't and can call a spade a spade. 

It seems pretty clear to me that Leah's issues are poor self-esteem which results in her needing constant attention. Kail is just trash. Germy, Nathan, Kyle King and Scuzzy cheated because they had the opportunity. Corey cheating with Leah completely throws me, and he was newly married at the time, so he probably falls into the "had the opportunity" column, but think he was still a bit hung up on her, as she was his first love. 

• Love 1

My exhusband and I are switching primary custody over to him (without changing our schedule) solely so that our daughter can go to the school attached to his address. Perhaps something similar is in their case. 

• Love 12

@CofCinci that is one good example of what ex partners do for the children when it comes to giving primary custody to another parent. Many school districts have made it so that people can no longer use someone else's address in order to put their child in certain schools. Sadly, some schools are better than others and parents will do just about anything to get their child enrolled in the better school even if it means giving primary custody. I saw this happen a few times at the law office I worked at. 

According to Gary, he told Amber about seeing Kristina while Amber was in prison. If we are to believe Gary's tweets, then we should believe his Facebook posts:

On the Ask The Moms episode, Portwood claimed Shirley tricked her into thinking they had a future together after she chose to turn herself in to prison to serve a five-year sentence. Once she was behind bars, Portwood alleged Shirley turned his back on her and began sleeping with his current girlfriend, Kristina Anderson. The Inquisitr reported on October 9 that Anderson was pregnant with Shirley’s second child.

On Facebook, Gary Shirley addressed the issue with fans, explaining, “I told her about my girl 5 days after I officially started dating her.” According to an October 14 report by Radar Online, Shirley began dating the reportedly now-pregnant Kristina Anderson, 32, while Portwood was in prison. “I told her in front of my girl friend over the phone cause I didn’t wanna lie! Plz be aware that most of what she has said is false! Amber unfortunately has to put a spin on things to make her the victim plus it helps her dog me a lil!”

That seems to fall in with Amber's M.O. She is always trying to paint herself as the victim. Bring the cameras around and it only heightens that behavior. Matt accused her early on in their relationship of being a different person when the cameras are around (I posted the link to that scene in the Amber thread yesterday). The one and only time I believe that fucker because we have all made that same remark about her. 

We know that these people film about once or twice at week at the most to film a season. To imply Kristina gave up her child to film seems a bit far-fetched. That week or two weeks is likely the time Karly would be at her dad's home anyways. It is not as if Kristina is not seeing her child for months on end.  It was a restraining order that was put in place to keep Karly off the show and therefore, it keeps Kristina from showing her sharing her life with Gary and their kids.  With all the fuckery on this show, it is good to see one parent put their foot down. Karly doesn't need to be on this show.  

• Love 9

Just caught up on last three episodes On Demand. Damn these girls ain't as interesting as they think...TM 2 is much better.

Ryan is verra verra high. I was having visions of Cosette (Adrianna's dog on Sopranos) watching him with that adorable Cavalier puppy. Please don't get high and break his neck by sitting on him re Christopher Moltasanti.

• Love 5

I do think Gary was kind of dirty in his dealings with both Amber AND Kristina, around the time they were getting together...and then with Amber getting out of prison. My guess is that he was lonely and wanted someone to fill that void, but kind of hoped to get back together with Amber. I remember him flirting with her and being kind of vague and douchy about his future with Kristina. But, you know, Amber was his first love. The mother of his child. That creates a strong attachment with many people. At some point along the way, he finally grew up. I think he did grow to truly love Kristina, and appreciate what a good woman she is. I see a man, right now, who is stable and loving and a good provider. Life is all about change and growth. We've seen some on this show who have come along way - Gary being one. I'd also probably include Chelsea and Jo. Then we've seen others not grow at all, and even RE-gress! It's really sad. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I do think Gary was kind of dirty in his dealings with both Amber AND Kristina, around the time they were getting together...and then with Amber getting out of prison. My guess is that he was lonely and wanted someone to fill that void, but kind of hoped to get back together with Amber. I remember him flirting with her and being kind of vague and douchy about his future with Kristina. But, you know, Amber was his first love. The mother of his child. That creates a strong attachment with many people. At some point along the way, he finally grew up. I think he did grow to truly love Kristina, and appreciate what a good woman she is. I see a man, right now, who is stable and loving and a good provider. Life is all about change and growth. We've seen some on this show who have come along way - Gary being one. I'd also probably include Chelsea and Jo. Then we've seen others not grow at all, and even RE-gress! It's really sad. 

I think the growth and maturity we have seen from the few people you mentioned, is a ray of sunshine in the bleakness that is Teen Mom.  Yes, Gary has certainly grown. He has moved forward and is making the most of his TM money.  I think he has always been a good guy, he was just being held back due to being with Amber. It reminds me of Chelsea being with Adumb.  Gary needed to get rid of Amber because she is not a mentally healthy person. Not even Leah should be around her.

We have held out hope for some of these people to just grow the fuck up and be appreciative of the money they earn, put it to good use, and make a life for themselves while moving forward. Even if staying home is what makes any one of them happy, so be it. More power to them. But the quality of life for the majority of these people who are supposedly SAHP who are "working" from home, leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Love 8

I think Gary and Chelsea of TM2 are quite similar in their relantionships via Amber and Adam. The way Amber and Adam talked to and treated both Gary and Chelsea probably made them think they couldn't do better, added with the first love and the other parent of their child.

Amber treated Gary terribly. Not just with the physical abuse but the things she said to him and the way she talks about him now on the show. And yeah her comment to Kristina about her ex being "better looking" than Gary. Wow. 

• Love 13
On 6/24/2017 at 5:01 AM, Christina said:

Man, I didn't show any new posts on this thread, and there are like ten since I've last read. Hmmpt. PTV punishing me for long posts on Teen Mom. I don't need an intervention!!!

Kristina's oldest daughter is the same age as Leah, and I think she was six when the divorce happened. I don't see any unfit behavior as it pertains to Kristina. Back when the news broke about her being with Gary and being married at the time, there were claims that she got caught when she had her daughter with Gary and Leah and Karly told her dad something that made him suspicious. There is obviously no proof of that, but I can see her taking her daughter on play dates with Leah and I wouldn't have thought that suspicious, but if they kissed or touched overtly, a six-year-old could have picked up on it and told her dad. If that happened and if she had her daughter filming for the show, as alleged by her husband, I can see a judge saying she didn't show the best judgment and awarding custody to the dad. I can also see a judge being judgmental about her having an affair, and that being the deciding factor. 

She certainly seems good to Leah, with Leah telling her how much she meant to her at the surprise "wedding" on the beach Gary threw together. She is probably a good person in general.

Thank you! I shall now snoop.

ETA: I had to re-search because the link didn't take me to the page, and there is a Kristina Anderson who is a complete menace on the roadway, with several driving infractions and tickets. I don't think it is this Kristina, because one of them show a different middle initial, but think they may all be the same Kristina, who has no business driving on the roadways. There is another Kristina with several unpaid bills, some medical, but the other name on those accounts is not her ex-husband. I thought it may have been for her daughter's medical bills, but it's not her. I have a lot of sympathy for whoever it is, though. Medical bills can cause bankruptcy.

In my case medical bills are going to cause homelessness. The real bitch of it is a billing code error snowballed. Kept trying to get it corrected they kept saying they would. They didn't. Long story short, Legal Aid set a court date to have it mandated that they stop harassing me for payment; they put a hold on my account the day before. Rent check bounced. 25 years here and going to lose my home. This crap has me overdrawn hundreds in late fees. It is infuriating to me that these chicks piss huge amounts of money away when I am just an anonymous widow who has been doing it alone for 14 years now. Have been battling this condition for several years now, finally some real answers and I am going to live but cannot afford to. My landlords were very good several years ago when it all started and wrote off a lot of the 10 months I was barely working when it all started up, and I cannot blame them now, but I am terrified.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dorcastrilling said:

In my case medical bills are going to cause homelessness. The real bitch of it is a billing code error snowballed. Kept trying to get it corrected they kept saying they would. They didn't. Long story short, Legal Aid set a court date to have it mandated that they stop harassing me for payment; they put a hold on my account the day before. Rent check bounced. 25 years here and going to lose my home. This crap has me overdrawn hundreds in late fees. It is infuriating to me that these chicks piss huge amounts of money away when I am just an anonymous widow who has been doing it alone for 14 years now. Have been battling this condition for several years now, finally some real answers and I am going to live but cannot afford to. My landlords were very good several years ago when it all started and wrote off a lot of the 10 months I was barely working when it all started up, and I cannot blame them now, but I am terrified.

I understand this. We just met with a lawyer about bankruptcy. I have a chronic, progressive illness. My medications alone are around $500 a month and since my condition causes regular breaks and ruptures, I have at least 3-5 surgeries every year. I am currently paying off $125,000 in medical bills. I am down to around $65,000 but I get a new $500-1000 bill in the mail every month so the amount fluctuates. I actually make pretty good money for where we live but my husband got laid off last fall and I just cannot keep up with the bills. I had insurance, but it was crappy. I now have a higher premium but it pays more so I am hoping things settle down and even out a bit. We are absolutely drowning in debt at the moment. I pay one off and another big one comes in.  We own our home and our vehicles but can barely afford to do anything "fun" because I pay around $2500 a month in past bills alone. It is very depressing. I've worked with the offices to get on payment plans and to lower the amount but it doesn't help much. At the moment, I owe money to more than 100 different offices. (When you have surgery, everyone charges you separately.) Even paying each one $20 a month still puts you out $2,000 a month. 

I am working on a new book that I have high hopes for. Honest to God, our game plan is for that book to make enough money next fall to pay off at least half of them and allow us to finally sell our house and move. We are not happy where we are (re: my post in "Small Talk"), my kids are isolated and my son is clinically depressed, and my husband can't find work. We can't even afford to move at the moment because of the medical stuff. We are putting everything on the line for this book because it's kind of all we have left. We're depressed and no longer even open the mail. I am working my ass off to make this the best release I've had yet because something has to change. 

Sorry to take over. I can continue this in "small talk". It's a topic that affects lots of us, I am sure. 

• Love 8

Mama Drama, have to get ready for work but will be back later. I am sure you are right that a lot of us may be going through this. Since I have not really had anyone to talk with about this I would absolutely appreciate being able to get some of the fear out.

• Love 2

Back when the bankruptcy law was changed to make it harder for people to file Chapter 13, ALL of the bankruptcy judges, trustees and the attorneys who worked in the bankruptcy court system said it was going to punish good people and that the bills that forced people into bankruptcy were medical. 

The credit card companies claimed the majority of bills were credit debt, and the Trustees agreed. It was for medical bills paid with credit cards. The law passed because the credit companies have better PACs, and they argued that people were purposely running up credit card debt for purchases they can't afford then filing bankruptcy to get out of paying for the items. The opposing argument was to stop giving people credit limits that exceed their annual salary.

Foreclosures related to medical debt are a big problem, yet all we hear about are the people who took out loans for homes they couldn't afford when the interest rates went up. The mortgage companies churn that real estate, giving loans, collecting premiums for several years, foreclosing then reselling. When the housing market burst and their pyramid scheme caught up to them, the government had to step in and make the banks refinance and eat some of the debt. 

If you happen to become ill, however, there is little protection available. I know that in my case, I had several companies sending me a bill for the exact same provider and service, because the medical providers who weren't paid in thirty days sold the debt to a debt collector and that debt collector sold it to another but continued to send me bills. I would send proof that the bill was paid only to receive another bill from a different collection agency that I would have to dispute. It becomes overwhelming which is what they want because you don't get the dispute in within the thirty days and now that debt is confirmed. 

These girls don't pay their taxes and would probably not pay their medical bills if they were that high. 

• Love 2
On 6/19/2017 at 10:22 PM, GreatKazu said:

They still have to pay taxes on that amount.

I too live in California.

If C&T don't have jobs, careers, or anything planned for the future to pay their property tax, monthly bills and maintenance, their day-to-day living expenses, gas because here in California you gotta drive, and we know they own five cars. Just the overall cost of living here, how do they expect to live here once the show is finally done especially with the way they blow through their money? Five cars and nowhere to go. Five cars and no job to drive to.

On the Unseen Moments, hearing Amber discuss the Xanax and then seeing Cate with her head turned away from her, was pretty awkward. Then, Cate, Maci and the audience begin clapping when Amber declares she got her driver's license back from Matt and she is now in control of her finances. Sure, Jan. You are all boss and badass when Matt is not there next to you. I bet you as you sat there declaring you are in control, he was spending your money on some online sex. 

Cate and Maci looked as if they wanted to just really say shit about Matt.

OMG the scene of Amber with all her pets as she yelled at them to "stop!!" Fuck her! Did you notice the chewed up and damaged window frame? Those poor dogs are desperate and acting out.

Cate saying Nova has a free babysitter with all her farm animals for her to play with. I bet Nova is playing with all their turds.

why did matt have her driver license!??????

• Love 1

So he can have total control of her comings and goings! He's crazy and she's even more crazy for allowing it! What happened to bad ass Amber? I didn't really like her much better than this new version, but I would put those feelings aside for a couple minutes while I enjoy watching her beat the living shit out of Matt!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, stacyasp said:

why did matt have her driver license!??????

At first she said it was because she had lost it. I think he made her think she lost it using his gaslighting technique. He probably took it out of her wallet and claimed to have found it and led her to believe she is going to lose it if he isn't in possession of it. She then added that Matt doesn't trust her. Something about her driving off and getting away from him. 

• Love 6
On 2017-6-26 at 4:01 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I think Gary and Chelsea of TM2 are quite similar in their relantionships via Amber and Adam. The way Amber and Adam talked to and treated both Gary and Chelsea probably made them think they couldn't do better, added with the first love and the other parent of their child.

Amber treated Gary terribly. Not just with the physical abuse but the things she said to him and the way she talks about him now on the show. And yeah her comment to Kristina about her ex being "better looking" than Gary. Wow. 

That comment about the ex being better looking than Gary screams jealousy to me. A very loud scream.

• Love 7
On 6/20/2017 at 0:22 PM, SuzWhat said:

Thanks @Snarky McSnarky.  It is a beautiful house.   I wish our two chucklefucks should check into a few things besides an inspection.  You know, like what are the property taxes, how much does it take to heat / cool, what is the school district like in that area, how do they plan to maintain the property?  Minor details.   

Or how many fast food establishments are within 10 miles radius and if they deliver...

• Love 1