Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E11: The Finale Part 2

• Start Topic

(edited)

When Tom took that VERY LONG pause before announcing who was in third place, I knew it was Normani. I need a gif of her band-mate's reaction. The one in the middle. She was priceless. She had this, "what did he say?" frown on her face. Congrats to Rashad and to Emma on her first win. Have to say the winning moment was a little anti-climatic with none of the other cast members there. And even when they went outside, everyone stayed on the side like they were told they couldn't rush the winners. But that's like the best part of the winning moment.

Does the finalist announced to be going on tour with the pros always end up being the winner?

Not really. Neither Bindi nor Nick did the tour. Only Alek did and he was third. I don't think Nyle did it either. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

There's obviously going to be a lot to talk about but before I forget, fake Moana was the worst. Besides fucking up the words, she sounded a mess. Auli'i is a teenager and has more talent and poise than a professional singer in the worst band on TV.

• Love 5
(edited)

I've been rooting for a David and Rashad final two for the past few weeks, but I'll admit even I was shocked as shhhh when they called Normani as third place. 

Congratulations to Rashad & Emma! They were deserving of it! Watching Emma's reaction was worth sticking through this very bland season. I was slightly disappointed though that they didn't hoist them up on their shoulders like they have for every other season. 

Edited by Beyoncheyyy
Apparently I can't spell congratulations.
  • Love 19
(edited)

WHOOO, Go Rashad and Emma! Can someone get Emma some Kleenex?!

Not having the rest of the cast around to rush the stage made it super anti-climatic. 

That was the longest finale ever. That extra half an hour just made it drag.

David basically : "I'm sorry, I don't know why I keep hanging in here!"

Does the finalist announced to be going on tour with the pros always end up being the winner?

Nope, a few seasons ago Alek went and he got third. 

Edited by sab85
  • Love 6

Well then, I guess Normani really wasn't getting those votes.

I missed a bit of the finale, so I can't comment on some of it, but congrats to Rashad and Emma for winning, and to David and Lindsay for being the runners up. I truly wanted David to get third place, but at least he didn't win.

Also, I wanted to say that seeing Nick and Peta perform again made me sad that he didn't get a bit further. Also, show, can you focus on Heather and Maks' redemption dance instead of using the ferris wheel camera and then having it on TLC for over half their dance?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

When Tom took that VERY LONG pause before announcing who was in third place, I knew it was Normani. I need a gif of her band-mate's reaction. The one in the middle. She was priceless. She had this, "what did he say?" frown on her face. Congrats to Rashad and to Emma on her first win. Have to say the winning moment was a little anti-climatic with none of the other cast members there. And even when they went outside, everyone stayed on the side like they were told they couldn't rush the winners. But that's like the best part of the winning moment.

She certainly had a major stink face going.

• Love 2

This is one season where I'm not mad about who won but I'm not screaming in excitement like I have in past seasons. I was hoping David would pull off the upset and was kind of glad that Normani didn't win. It was nice to see Emma get her first win and that the person who won wasn't who everyone thought would win at the beginning of the season. I wish they would've had all the contestants inside when they announced the winner or they would've just announced the winner outside like they have before..........the weird golf cart transition felt very rushed and I love it when they interview the winners on the spot!! I just felt like Rashad and Emma didn't get to celebrate like they normally would have.

• Love 9

I'm not surprised that Rashad won. I'm not even mad. But, I do think it was a disgrace that David was runner-up. 

But I shouldn't expect the dwts voting base to have taste and I should expect this show to be anything more than a popularity contest. I'm a dancer, so I tend to pull for the better dancers. But I can't get upset. If I do, I only have myself to blame because this has never been a show that was purely about merit or talent. 

How do you have three stunned audience reactions to eliminations in one season? Lol

• Love 12

Ha! I let out the biggest and loudest and longest "Oh!" when Normani was announced as the third place winner. I had everything crossed that the MLB fans were going to outvote the NFL fans. Not mad about Rashad, I never really thought he was as good as they were telling me he was, but we've had worst winners.

In other news: the Mr. T segment and rap they did might be my most favourite DWTS bit. It was perfectly cheesy and retro-ish and just pure awesome.

I thought Nicole Scherzinger walked onto the wrong TV musical extravaganza set. They said Dirty Dancing, I thought she was doing a great Cha Cha diGregorio, the best dancer at St. Bernadette's. 

Yay! No more house band until the fall! 

• Love 12

Thoughts on the Finale...finally!

Whoa! Rashad put in 100 hours more than anyone else - 362 hours!

Lady Pro Dance:  So is Heather joining troupe next season?  I find all the hair flipping annoying.

Guys Pro Dance:  Look at them mugging for the camera. Maks jumped in at the end? Why wasn't he there at the beginning of the dance?

Bindi, Alfonso, Donny giving advise?  Funny seeing as 2 of them (at least!) didn't "win" on talent.

Maks & Nick:  may they ride off into the sunset together in bliss!

Did they really have to re-do that Magic Mike dance?  Well, David's a good sport.

Waited all season to see Charo perform on guitar, and they just gave her a mini segment. Boo!

Are all the celebs going to have a full dance?  I guess so.  Ho hummmm.

Len + Bruno dancing with Normani in her unrecognizable samba (?) or was that supposed to be a salsa? Oh well, don't much matter now.

Cute sequence with Mr. T.  Nice to see something a little different.

10:15 they better get to the fusion dances soon.

Finally the final dances. 

David really has improved over the season.

Normani: she's been doing fusions all season so this isn't much of a challenge.  What transformation into a woman? Seriously?  Did CAI just let on "you were born to win this competition"?

I wonder if the stars get to keep those framed pictures in the rehearsal room.

Rashad:  I love the joy they exude.  CAI must have realized what she said. Now she says Rashad "earned it".

I think they're going to give it to Val, er, Normani.

Wait, what?  Oh! LOL!  Normani in 3rd?

WoooHoooo!  Congratulations Emma & Rashad!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, luvbadtv said:

I hate how the judges acted so shocked when Normani was announced 3rd.  It's disrespectful to the other two contestants.

I agree with you.  It was disrespectful to the two gentleman still standing there.  

• Love 17

I enjoyed the finale...and thought Rashad deserved all tens for his last dance...I am so glad he won..and David came in second.....and I loved all the shirtless men dances tonight.....and Tom Bergeron....I wish he were in my TV more...now, I either have to watch that dumb summer game show or go the whole summer without him...

Bonus points for making me realize how cute the lead singer of OneRepublic is....

Great, great finale!

• Love 4

Yes, yes yes!! I'm thrilled Rashad won. I think David placed second, because they reserved a spot for Val, and other than the judges, didnt get the votes! Plus many of us said, it was a weak freestyle for Val. 

Omg I'm so happy he won, and Emma's first MBT as well. I'm going to watch the announcement again. .???

4 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

I agree with you.  It was disrespectful to the two gentleman still standing there.  

They should move on, I'm sick of them acting all shocked. 

• Love 6

Well ... didn't really foresee Normani coming in third. Good to know DWTS can still surprise me.

Charo's guitar playing while Keo and Whitney danced was great.

The ferris wheel can sucked, and so did the golf cart transition at the end. They do a better job when they had to rush to the Grove in the winter finales ... and that's a whole lot further than just outside.

• Love 6

Congrats to Rashad & Emma!  Rashad wasn't the best dancer of the season (I thought Heather, Simone, and Normani were all better than he, and possibly Nancy, though he was better than David, Nick, Bonner, Erika, Mr. T., Charo, and Chris), but he was still an amazing one!  And Emma gets her first win EVER!  Very happy and excited for her!

David & Lindsay . . . meh.  It would've been a disaster if he'd actually won.  But congrats to Lindsay for breaking her record and taking her highest finish thus far!

Normani & Val coming in third . . . I'm shocked about.  But at least when they went out in third, it was guaranteed that a pro who hadn't won before would finally be winning for the first time.

Despite everyone else's thoughts, I still thought that this was a great season.  Can't wait for the big, silver season in the fall!

• Love 7

Tuned in to see Heather dance again, and she was as great as always. Really wish we could've gotten to see her do a freestyle, but seeing her with the girl pros was a nice consolation prize. I've personally always loved her hairography.

Shocked that Normani didn't even get second. And quite ridiculous. But I guess you can never underestimate the general public to vote for an likable white guy. He was very endearing throughout the whole thing though, so at least I can understand that.

Congrats to Rashad and Emma on their win. He's a pretty great winner, even if he wasn't my first pick.

• Love 5

I was not surprised to see Rashad win at all, especially after last night's edit it seemed preordained. I was not even that surprised to see David get second. In a way I wish David had actually won. This season seemed so tilted towards the women with 4 great female dancers it's kind of crazy how it ended. Personally I don't think Normani had a giant fanbase coming into this. I really don't think she received a massive influx of 5th Harmony fan votes because honestly the group is popular but not that popular (and this shows age demos skew older than 5th Harmony fans). Also I feel like Normani was not one of the standout members of the show when the cast was announced. I know people may call her a ringer but I bet she was not most people's prediction for last woman standing when the show started. Anyway glad this season is over. I feel like it started with such promise and then just had horrible elimination after horrible elimination. I mean even Nick deserved to outlast Bonner. I did really like Rashad though and happy to see him and Emma win.

• Love 5

I'm happy Rashad won, because I like Rashad, but I wanted Emma to get a trophy more.  However while I didn't think Normani had the win in the bag, I did overestimate the power of her fans.  I guess I just got skewed because on social media they are everywhere.  Just goes to show that power voting from a small segment of stans really doesn't mean anything on DWTS.  If you don't win over the core fans, you just aren't going to win.  I also still think Normani was hurt by the fact that fans weren't anxious to give Val another trophy so soon.  Also the non-exciting freestyle probably didn't help.

I skipped through most of the finale because three hours, but I did watch the ending.  I didn't like the way they did it.  I missed seeing Rashad and Emma getting rushed by the others and hoisted in the air.

Have I mentioned Emma has a trophy? I hope this means she no longer has to fight for a pro spot season to season.

• Love 10

But I guess you can never underestimate the general public to vote for an likable white guy. He was very endearing throughout the whole thing though, so at least I can understand that.

Really? Is that what you think? Looking back over the seasons, the public has shown they are more apt to vote for the likable black guy that the likable white guy. Jerry Rice probably would have won had it not been for his god-awful freestyle.

• Love 4
(edited)

Very happy with the winner....and his partner.  I rooted for  David, then Rashad, all season...so the outcome was fine.

I do agree that was poor way to announce the winner...then just rush off.  Would have loveD to hear David's thank you to Lindsay...and to see Rashad and Emma hoisted up on some shoulders.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 8

Val's face when Normani's name was called will keep me going all the way until season 25. So happy for Rashad and Emma but particularly for Emma. No pro deserves it more than her. Season officially saved!

• Love 15
(edited)
24 minutes ago, lonestar said:

Jerry Rice probably would have won had it not been for his god-awful freestyle.

Probably not, actually. Only because that was before the revamped the voting rules to make it less transparent and before they did the judges had waaaay more sway in who won. You could literally lay it out and figure out - with a great degree of accuracy - what chances people had of winning.

With the old ranked scoring system Jerry Rice was destined to come in second. He might have had a chance today with the present scoring system, but even then it's iffy. I'm not sure his dancing would be good enough ... but that's not as important anymore so maybe.

Edited by McManda
(edited)

I haven't voted in years.  I enjoy the show but for several years no-one's motivated me enough ---- until Monday night.  Five votes for Rashad.  I'm so happy that he won.  He seemed genuinely thankful and Emma was positively overjoyed.  It's what this show is supposed to be about, right?  Take someone from a completely different genre, throw them onto the dance floor week after week and see what happens.  For that reason I'm also glad that David took second place; another one from from another world who made tremendous progress and who never complained about anything. ( I don't like it when the ringers win. )  And Rashad is going on tour!!!  Yay!!!

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 17
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Emily-D said:

Val's face when Normani's name was called will keep me going all the way until season 25. So happy for Rashad and Emma but particularly for Emma. No pro deserves it more than her. Season officially saved!

Obviously I don't know, but my gut was that Val was prepared to not win to some extent.  I think he probably was smart enough to see the direction of last night's edit and that it was very Rashad focused, on top of the fact that they were a few points behind scoring wise.  Also he knew Rashad was signed on to tour.  However if he was prepared to lose, I don't think he was prepared to come in 3rd.  I bet that was a surprise to him.

Where I will give credit was I was happy to see Maks rush to congratulate Rashad and seem genuine in the process.  I think it's hard for most of the pros/celebs to begrudge Rashad and Emma a win in the sense that who could hate those two?  The male pros in particular love Rashad and get up early to do his football workouts with him.  I'm pretty sure Maks has gone once or twice.

The ending of this season did feel shades of S2 with Drew, Jerry Rice and Stacey Keibler.  Stacey coming in third despite probably being the best dancer technically, but coming off a flubbed freestyle (Normani's was not flubbed, just not a stand out).  Jerry Rice being pretty bad but a popular athlete and coming in 2nd, etc.  I know the voting system was different then.  Nothing will ever beat Drew figuring out mathematically he had to have won before it was even announced.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 8
(edited)

Congratulations to Rashad and Emma! I liked all three of the finalists, but I'm glad to see a new pro get the mirrorball. 

Was it Len or Bruno who said that whatever happened, David was the people's champion? I agree with that. Never underestimate the power of Cubs Nation. : )

LOVED the bit with Mr. T! So cute and original. (Reminded me of my childhood!) 

I wonder why Chris and Erika were the only two who didn't get to do a redemption dance or get another segment (like Charo and Mr. T). (Reworded to make more sense. : ) )

Edited by Sister Havana
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Emily-D said:

I think he knew! 

Poor David.

David Ross: "If I had won, I would have tossed that thing at Normani. Here! Catch! I don't want to die! Her fans have sent me more crazy hate tweets than Chicago White Sox fans." All the guy did was dance. Some people like guys like him.:) I do.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Congrats to Rashad and to Emma on her first win. Have to say the winning moment was a little anti-climatic with none of the other cast members there. And even when they went outside, everyone stayed on the side like they were told they couldn't rush the winners. But that's like the best part of the winning moment.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the season Nyle won and everyone the fam has ever come in contact with rushed the stage, including Maks's orthopedic surgeon and his wife?

I know Erin is marrying the drug dealing hockey player this summer but why on earth was she wearing a wedding dress tonight? She looked great last night but I thought she looked silly tonight. 

• Love 4

The season's theme: if you have dance talent and are a woman, you won't even make the top 2.

Odds of a woman ever winning soon just shot down if David can make 2nd place? Worst runner up?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Sister Havana said:

Congratulations to Rashad and Emma! I liked all three of the finalists, but I'm glad to see a new pro get the mirrorball. 

Was it Len or Bruno who said that whatever happened, David was the people's champion? I agree with that. Never underestimate the power of Cubs Nation. : )

LOVED the bit with Mr. T! So cute and original. (Reminded me of my childhood!) 

Were Chris and Erika the only two who didn't get to do a redemption dance or get another segment (like Charo and Mr. T)? I wonder why.

I doubt Erika could be bothered, she was ticked she got voted off.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Sister Havana said:

Were Chris and Erika the only two who didn't get to do a redemption dance or get another segment (like Charo and Mr. T)? I wonder why.

I think all the celebs always have the option to dance, but some opt out.  My guess is both Chris and Erika opted out from dancing at least.  Why they didn't get to do anything else I don't know.

Edited by spanana
2 minutes ago, Sister Havana said:

I bolded the answer to your question within your question. Funny how that happens sometimes...

1 minute ago, F. M. said:

David Ross: "If I had won, I would have tossed that thing at Normani. Here! Catch! I don't want to die! Her fans have sent me more crazy hate tweets than Chicago White Sox fans." All the guy did was dance. Some people like guys like him.:) I do.

Ooh. I'mma go warm up the popcorn popper because this is going to be fantastic. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

The season's theme: if you have dance talent and are a woman, you won't even make the top 2.

Odds of a woman ever winning soon just shot down if David can make 2nd place? Worst runner up?

Jerry Rice

• Love 1

Geez, a two and a half hour finale and still the producers don't allow enough time to see the 'winner' react and enjoy.  Just way too much filler.

Congrats to Rashad for winning.  I admit I've rooted for him for most of his 'journey'.  And I loved seeing how much this meant for Emma.  You could see how much this meant to both of them by the way they way they were holding each other during the results.

On another note:  It amazes me how the 'pros' remember so many routines for one show. 

Loved seeing Heather do a routine with the female pros.

Apparently, Max is just so special by making a last minute entry into one of the dance numbers.  Really?

Erika Jane didn't even get a dance.  Pretty invisible.  Fine with me.  Oh, that includes Chris as well.  But he was pretty vocal about his elimination.  And heck, even Charo got to play guitar.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

To be fair, Normani was not a girl, not yet a woman until the end of DWTS.

I don't know why that line bothered me so much but it did. 

• Love 5

Worst runner up?

Krisite Alley was a runner-up.

Maybe they just didn't want to? Chris at least was in the Mr.T segment and the one dance, I think all Erika did was sit on a unicorn.

• Love 1
Just now, Callaphera said:

To be fair, Normani was not a girl, not yet a woman until the end of DWTS.

I don't know why that line bothered me so much but it did. 

Who said that?

CA said she was born to win this, gawd, are they that afraid to upset Val. The show would still go on without him.

Geez, a two and a half hour finale and still the producers don't allow enough time to see the 'winner' react and enjoy.  Just way too much filler.

Way way way too much! Drives me crazy!!!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, F. M. said:

Who said that?

Normani and her whole "this show made me a woman" blather towards the end. And a reference to the BEST Britney Spears song of all time, if only because it leads to the age old question: if you're not a girl but not yet a woman, what the hell are you?

• Love 4

I liked Witney's choreo for the girls - it wasn't a complete stripper pole dance like Mandy gives them usually.

What is with the men without the shirts?  It often looks so awkward.  Sigh.  I guess I'm showing my age.  I like an open shirt -- I like an open shirt removed for effect way way towards the end of the dance, but coming on stage in white pants and no shirt just looks friggen odd.

Normani seemed hellbent on saying something at all times.  Val seems like something bad has happened to him - he doesn't have the authenticity and vulnerability he appeared to have at one point.  I didn't believe that they love each other.  I'm sorry that he's solidified his rep for bad freestyles, because I like his freestyles.

I thought Emma's whingeing about not ever having a chance to get so far, about maybe not EVER having a chance to get so far in the competition again etc. was just as obnoxious as when anyone else does it.  Well, Rashad is a way better dancer than Helio.  Still he has big flat feet.  I thought his fusion dance was pretty weak.

• Love 3