Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Some Like It Hot Mess

On 5/5/2017 at 7:07 PM, moonshine71 said:

Jesus, if she's pregnant with Blaine's child, I'm gonna vomit....

Yikes, that would be scary. I wouldn't be shocked if she's pregnant with a half zombie baby (or worse, that blaine is somehow still contagious and now she's turned). 

• Love 1

Wow, Peyton's not just a bitch, but she's a dumbass. "And you know this because?" How the hell do you think he knows about the memory thing, Peyton? God, I think she's ruined for me forever. I don't know what she could do to get me to like her again. She also let Blaine take the printed off copy of the cure. 

Also, yes! Blaine had his memories this entire time. Except the twist is that he's had them pretty much since he first lost them. I couldn't even feel sorry for Peyton being heartbroken here. She was warned, but she treated Blaine like a different person. 

I had a feeling that the cure couldn't be that easy. It's episode six, for crying out loud. I thought that the cure would probably be stolen or that the cure would have an unintended side effect with Blaine. So yeah, obviously the cure was stolen. 

So, Major's new story involves his mother. Speaking of mothers, where's Liv's mom? And her brother, for that matter. Are they still disowning Liv? 

• Love 4
(edited)

Clive solved a case by himself!  Congratulations Clive!  That might have been the only good part of this case of the week.  The case itself was boring and Drama Brain was incredibly annoying.

Glad the cat is finally out of the bag about Blaine's memory (and I'll admit here to being wrong about how long he was faking).  Not only does it bring an end to that awful love triangle, but it brings an end to Good Blaine who was soooooo boring.  I'm looking forward to a return of evil, tricksy Blaine who is an irredeemable, but highly entertaining, human being.

I wonder who the thief of the cure will end up being?  My money's on Fillmore Graves since neither Peyton or Ravi even thought to suspect them.  Justin just learned of the cure last week, so he's had time to either steal it himself or alert his bosses.

9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

She also let Blaine take the printed off copy of the cure.

I think it was just the memory serum, not the cure itself that Liv printed out.  Ravi was trying to recreate the blue solution the brain was soaked in.  I suspect Blaine wants to use it to boost his brain business.  It might combine his love of drugs with his love of profiting off of zombies' nutritional needs.

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 4
(edited)

Why do Rob Thomas heroes get so dumb in season three?  So frustrating that no one even considered the obvious and only fucking Don E was able to figure out that Blaine - Blaine - would fake losing his memories.  But hooray we get straightforwardly evil Blaine back who is the most entertaining version and no bullshit Spike/Logan redemption arc.

Though straightforwardly evil Blaine also committed rape by deception, so that's awesome.  God that story was dumb.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 1

I don't know that I buy Blaine falling for Peyton's ploy so easily, but I am glad we're moving on from the "But he has a sooooul now!" plot. I am, however, now very worried about what Blaine's reinvigorated bad guy-ness means for Don E's safety.

I haven't really loved the last two brain's Liv has been on. I think maybe they could stick a pin in the 'wacky female' plots for a little while and I'd be okay with that.

On the other hand, I think we're about halfway through the season, and there are a lot of threads dangling! I am excited to see what gets tied up and how.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, swimmyfish said:

I don't know that I buy Blaine falling for Peyton's ploy so easily

I buy it in that I think that it really happened, but I agree that it was a way out of character moment.  The only motivation I can think of was that Blaine thought Peyton might take the news better if it came from him instead of finding out from Major that the memory loss was temporary, but it's still weird that he folded so quickly.  I mean, he had to know this day was coming.  You'd think Blaine would have had a plan.

8 minutes ago, elle said:

Why was Ravi relying on Liv and was unable to get the ingredients himself?

I kept wondering that myself.  It was clear she wasn't going to be reliable on her current brain, and there was no obvious plot reason for Ravi not to do it himself, especially once he was off his shift of watching Major.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I kept wondering that myself.  It was clear she wasn't going to be reliable on her current brain, and there was no obvious plot reason for Ravi not to do it himself, especially once he was off his shift of watching Major.  

Thank you!  I thought I had missed something.

Since Major gave the cure to "someone", I'm guessing that someone is his bud from the zombie brigade and that someone else (head lady) from that brigade stole the cure so that they do not lose their empire.

7 minutes ago, elle said:

Thank you!  I thought I had missed something.

Since Major gave the cure to "someone", I'm guessing that someone is his bud from the zombie brigade and that someone else (head lady) from that brigade stole the cure so that they do not lose their empire.

He gave it to Natalie. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I believe Major gave the cure to Natalie.

Ravi had a throw away line about Liv going to the medical supply store "right near your place" but that still doesn't really explain why he didn't just go himself especially as it was over several days.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 5

Ravi's reaction to finding out Liv's cellphone was in the corpse was the greatest thing ever.

Overall, I laughed quite a bit, but it was admittedly a bit inconsistent at times.  Usually, the brains change Liv's personality, but she is still Liv on some levels, but this was the first time where it really felt close to her being a completely different person.  Granted, the reason might have been that the victim was suppose to be so obnoxious and scatterbrained that it overtook her, but for every moment that made me laugh, there was another that landed with a thud.  Rose McIver is usually fantastic, but I felt like she couldn't quite nail down this one and came off over-the-top at times.

That said, everyone knew what they were getting into, so Ravi really should have known asking her to get that supplies was a stupid idea. At least Clive at the smarts to just work and solve the case himself, once he realized that Liv wasn't going to be much help this go around.

Whelp, the cat is out of the bag!  The cure actually does work, the victim only looses his memories temporary, so Blaine was lying this entire time.  I guess his claim that he wanted to use this to make himself a new and better person was sincere, but too little, too late, buddy.  I'm glad Peyton ended up tricking him to find out the truth, but she still came off like a doofus for the majority of this.  At least Ravi didn't do any kind of "I told you so!" stuff, and actually was mature.

Totally knew the cure was going to be stolen.  Since both Blaine and Don E. have been mentioned, I'm guessing it will be someone else.  Perhaps (speculation) Fillmore Graves, since Justin knew about it.

Not the show's best, but I'm glad Blaine is back to being an antagonist.  Not sure what is plan is with the blue stuff Ravi used to make the brain visions last longer.

• Love 2

Even though I knew Liv would not be getting the cure because the show is called iZombie, my heart still broke for her. She and Major are almost back to Season 1, but at least he knows she's a zombie.

i was afraid Blaine was going to put something in Peyton's wine then keep her prisoner so she didn't tell anyone his secret. Peyton should be more careful when telling know killers she knows their secret. She obviously didn't take criminal law from Annalise Keeting.

• Love 5

The show has written itself into a corner IMO. What are they going to do now? The show is going to be about nothing but trying to get/make one more dose of the cure for Liv, it's going to get pretty boring.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, elle said:

He mentioned the store was near her house but I'd still think after the first time she flaked that he'd simply do it himself. I'm assuming it can't be that far away since they're each other's homes fairly frequently.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, elle said:

I wondered that myself. 

I hope there isn't going to be any jealousy over who he gave the other syringe to. I missed who was talking about big money for a cure. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GaT said:

The show has written itself into a corner IMO. What are they going to do now? The show is going to be about nothing but trying to get/make one more dose of the cure for Liv, it's going to get pretty boring.

Oh, I agree. It was either have the cure work or have Blaine/Major have consistent side effects for the rest of the series, which would have gotten very frustrating. But now, with the cure working but stolen, they just introduced another issue with Liv.

As for the Ravi/Liv situation, it's on him that he kept trusting her to bring the ingredients. He would have known that she was on a ScatterBrain so the first time she even lost her phone in the body, he should have gotten the ingredients himself and not gotten pissed off when she forgot for the fifth time. Clive even figured out that he couldn't trust her to help solve the case.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:
8 hours ago, sab85 said:

I believe Major gave the cure to Natalie.

He did.  We don't know if she's taken it, but we saw him offer her the syringe.  

Thanks for that reminder. My husband said it was Natalie, but I didn't remember the scene where he gave her the syringe.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Wow, Peyton's not just a bitch, but she's a dumbass. "And you know this because?" How the hell do you think he knows about the memory thing, Peyton? God, I think she's ruined for me forever. I don't know what she could do to get me to like her again. She also let Blaine take the printed off copy of the cure. 

Also, yes! Blaine had his memories this entire time. Except the twist is that he's had them pretty much since he first lost them. I couldn't even feel sorry for Peyton being heartbroken here. She was warned, but she treated Blaine like a different person. 

I had a feeling that the cure couldn't be that easy. It's episode six, for crying out loud. I thought that the cure would probably be stolen or that the cure would have an unintended side effect with Blaine. So yeah, obviously the cure was stolen. 

So, Major's new story involves his mother. Speaking of mothers, where's Liv's mom? And her brother, for that matter. Are they still disowning Liv? 

When last we heard anything about them, IIRC, Liv's brother had just been hurt in the Meat Cute explosion at the end of S1 and needed a blood transfusion from a relative. Liv refused for obvious-to-the-audience reasons, but was not willing to say she's a zombie to her fam, so gave some lame lie that was so bad Oliver Queen from Arrow called and said, "Man, that was a BS story."

Now that Liv has shifted into "No more secrets" mode with her friends, I was hoping that she would try to patch things up with her family. Maybe Major's patching things up with his mom will serve as an impetus for that. 

Yay that Major's memory is back! Yay that everyone knows Blaine was faking his memory loss! It was bad enough that Peyton kept pretending that New Blaine was a completely separate person than Old Murdery Blaine so I hope she feels like a complete ass for spouting that the whole time that he was lying to her. Blaine said his memory loss only lasted a few days but apparently Major's only lasted a few hours. He lost his memory while on the bus to Walla Walla and then got them back the next morning when he woke up at his mom's house.

I loved Clive's reaction to Liv telling him that she was about to take the cure. Those two have come a long way and I love their partnership.

Liv's personality this week was SO annoying, partly because it was just annoying and partly because I have known people like that which made it even MORE annoying. I need this special water but I'm soooooo tired from stuff so will you please go get it for me? She is just a person who makes bad/selfish decisions and then expects people to help her just because she asked. While I agree with Liv that creepy nice guys are the worst, Yvonne was obnoxious for asking her coworker for $1000. This kid works at a grocery store. He's not some ridiculously wealthy guy with piles of cash lying around.

Anyway, I love that Clive ended up solving the case on his own. I knew that last week's case would come back to bite someone in the ass. Peyton already thinks it's weird that the guy just confessed so I'm sure we'll be hearing more about it this season.

Even though Peyton is right to be upset that Blaine has been lying to her, she wasn't very smart about her reaction. You do remember that he's an evil murderous asshole who enjoys fucking with people, right? Countdown until Blaine strikes back at her and the Scoobies begins now.

Man, is Seattle so cheap that you can be behind on rent and only owe $1000?

• Love 2

Not sure what is plan is with the blue stuff Ravi used to make the brain visions last longer.

I'm guessing-- since the blue stuff makes visions more powerful-- that he could charge extra for the souped-up brains of interesting people. Like the astronaut brain he got for that one high-paying client. 

I loved Clive and Liv's "goodbye" Also, Clive's reaction when he realized what the 'hot mess' brain would do to Liv. His reactions are the best.

I'm confused about Major's backstory. In addition to the "mom left us when she came out" reveal, I seem to recall Liv saying something about Major having a trust fund-- am I remembering that right? Didn't Liv mention that unlike many trust fund kids-- he chose to do meaningful work with the youth shelter.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I buy it in that I think that it really happened, but I agree that it was a way out of character moment.  The only motivation I can think of was that Blaine thought Peyton might take the news better if it came from him instead of finding out from Major that the memory loss was temporary, but it's still weird that he folded so quickly.  I mean, he had to know this day was coming.  You'd think Blaine would have had a plan.

Blaine could have simply said the blue memory serum worked.  If Major (and anyone else) took the cure and didn't permanently lose memories, then there'd be no reason to follow up the zombie cure with the memory cure.  Knew "good guy" Blaine wasn't long for this world because diabolical, snarky Blaine is (arguably?) more entertaining, but that setup was lame.  If Blaine was tired of being goody two-shoes and figured he'd give it a shot that Peyton was involved enough to maybe stick with him anyway (?!), then sure, he might take the gamble.  But to fall for her act outright?!  She's not that good of a lawyer...  Disappointing.

• Love 1

It seems like the cure doesn't really work, but the blue serum does.

But why can't Ravi just make more of his cure?

Why is he being so secretive?  It seems like it would be a GOOD thing to get the CDC involved when it comes to containing a dangerous, highly infectious new disease.  There is an increasing number of zombies, and it takes JUST ONE of them being thrown in jail (not even post-conviction prison), for all Hell to break loose.

12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Wow, Peyton's not just a bitch, but she's a dumbass. "And you know this because?" How the hell do you think he knows about the memory thing, Peyton?

Considering the animosity Ravi has for Blaine, I don't think Peyton's question was that dumb. 

Add me to the list of people who want a moratorium on wacky brains. I know they're fun to write for, but mix it up. And I don't like that the wacky brains are more often than not women.

1 minute ago, Thriftykins said:

Doesn't it have to do with not having enough/more Utopium?

• Love 5

Wasn't that the first cure that used the special utopium?  What was his end game here if everything went perfectly?  Manufacture enough of a cure for a small number of people, then just let the virus spread?

I'd hope that if he stumbled across an effective cure the plan was to then submit a dose of it to a laboratory that could find out the exact chemical composition of that tainted utopium so they could create more of it.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Totally knew the cure was going to be stolen.  Since both Blaine and Don E. have been mentioned, I'm guessing it will be someone else.  Perhaps (speculation) Fillmore Graves, since Justin knew about it.

I wonder if this is the in for Jason Dohring's character, his sister wants to continue with Zombies, he wants to cure them? He'd have to have some way to find out about the cure, though. Maybe Natalie?

2 hours ago, Thriftykins said:

Wasn't that the first cure that used the special utopium?  What was his end game here if everything went perfectly?  Manufacture enough of a cure for a small number of people, then just let the virus spread?

Well, if there aren't any humans there is no one to eat. The cure would be very valuable to zombies who want to stay sentient during the zombie apocalypse (without being food themselves).

4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm guessing-- since the blue stuff makes visions more powerful-- that he could charge extra for the souped-up brains of interesting people. Like the astronaut brain he got for that one high-paying client.

Maybe they wouldn't need as much for the visions, so you could sell some brains as drugs and the duller ones as food.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Thriftykins said:

It seems like the cure doesn't really work, but the blue serum does.

Why is he being so secretive?  It seems like it would be a GOOD thing to get the CDC involved when it comes to containing a dangerous, highly infectious new disease.  There is an increasing number of zombies, and it takes JUST ONE of them being thrown in jail (not even post-conviction prison), for all Hell to break loose.

Or one zombie going from bar to bar having fights

You mean Blaine was faking it? I am shocked, shocked to discover this amazing revelation! I'm glad that this is has finally been dealt with, this whole "Blaine and Peyton and his fake amnesia" plot went on for WAY too long. At least Peyton came up with a decent plan to get Blaine to admit the truth, but maybe she should have kept up acting like she was still into Blaine? It would be kind of icky, but now he has no need to pretend to be Nice Blaine, and he could go after the gang next. Is it sad that for a second, I totally thought that Peyton was being serious about not caring that Blaine was faking his memory loss? That's how ridiculous she's been lately.

I thought it was interesting that Peyton brought up the Dominatrix case, and how weird it was that the guy confessed so easily with so little evidence. I totally thought the same thing, but then the episode ended and I thought that was that. Maybe there's more to the story, and it will somehow tie into the plot?

I knew that Liv wasn't going to get to take the cure yet, but I still felt super sad for her. I'm betting that Fillmore Graves were the ones behind the break in and theft. They are putting all their time and money into their Zombie Island, and if there's a cure available, its possible quite a few of their zombies might take that cure, and than WHAM, no zombie island.

Live and Clive hugging when she told him about the cure made me so happy. I also loved Clive's face when they were discussing the super annoying murder victim, knowing what this would meant. His long suffering expressions are always hilarious.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Also, Clive's reaction when he realized what the 'hot mess' brain would do to Liv. His reactions are the best.

I am getting more and more impressed with Malcolm Goodwin's acting chops recently. He has an expressive face - and he does comedy, seriousness, introspection, grief, dawning comprehension, all so well!

Yay the cure worked for Major! And serves Peyton right for being so, so, so dumb and annoying recently.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

The only motivation I can think of was that Blaine thought Peyton might take the news better if it came from him instead of finding out from Major that the memory loss was temporary, but it's still weird that he folded so quickly.  I mean, he had to know this day was coming.  You'd think Blaine would have had a plan.

6 hours ago, indeed said:

Blaine could have simply said the blue memory serum worked.  If Major (and anyone else) took the cure and didn't permanently lose memories, then there'd be no reason to follow up the zombie cure with the memory cure.  

YMMV, but my view is that Blaine's plan was mostly that they wouldn't give Major Cure#2 - as soon as they did, everyone would know he'd been lying about the memory thing pretty much the entire time. Same deal with the memory serum - if he said it worked back when he took it, they'd have given the cure to Major and found out he was lying. Once Peyton told him Major had taken the cure, he knew he was done for and maybe hoped to mitigate the damage by coming clean. 

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I thought it was interesting that Peyton brought up the Dominatrix case, and how weird it was that the guy confessed so easily with so little evidence. I totally thought the same thing, but then the episode ended and I thought that was that. Maybe there's more to the story, and it will somehow tie into the plot?

I don't remember where it was now but I think before this season aired (very general non-specific spoiler, but tagged just in case)

Spoiler

RT said this season there would be a few cases that went over several episodes, so it's very possible the Dominatrix case is going to come back into play.

The BOTW was indeed a hot mess and very annoying, but this episode got me. Liv's kinda taken a backseat this season and with all the angst around Major it's easy to forget that it's not like she chose to be a zombie either. You knew she wasn't going to actually get the cure but damn, it still sucked. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, indeed said:

Blaine could have simply said the blue memory serum worked.  If Major (and anyone else) took the cure and didn't permanently lose memories, then there'd be no reason to follow up the zombie cure with the memory cure.  Knew "good guy" Blaine wasn't long for this world because diabolical, snarky Blaine is (arguably?) more entertaining, but that setup was lame.  If Blaine was tired of being goody two-shoes and figured he'd give it a shot that Peyton was involved enough to maybe stick with him anyway (?!), then sure, he might take the gamble.  But to fall for her act outright?!  She's not that good of a lawyer...  Disappointing.

I am probably way off base, but I was wondering if Blaine lost his memories after all and told Peyton that the cure worked so she could be happy for Major for a little while. Then he was mixing up blue juice number 2 to use on himself. Again, far-fetched because this show is too in love with the long con.

So, Ravi is about the greatest research scientist in history if he figured out the epidemiology of zombie-ism along with developing two cures with increasing levels of success. Yet, even with all that, he can't figure out how the Utopium was tainted? It must be tainted with Unobtainium. Also, wouldn't Filmore Graves be interested in the cure, or, you know, funding the research?

• Love 1

Natalie has the last cure, thanks to everyone who cleared up that point!  I'm glad that I was not the only one who wondered about Ravi not getting his own supplies.  That was one of the weaker plot points all to set up Blaine now having a copy of the blue stuff recipe.  It could have just as easily been written that Liv did print out the recipe but forgot to pick it up, next scene, Blaine picking up the paper.  Was he living with Liv and Peyton or just there?

Are Ravi and Liv the only employees in the morgue?  I'm wondering who could just walk into Ravi's office, completely toss it, walk out and have no one see them.  Wouldn't there be a receiving attendant or is the PD so small they do not need someone there all the time?

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm confused about Major's backstory. In addition to the "mom left us when she came out" reveal, I seem to recall Liv saying something about Major having a trust fund-- am I remembering that right? Didn't Liv mention that unlike many trust fund kids-- he chose to do meaningful work with the youth shelter.  

I don't remember there being a trust fund.  If there is one, he either doesn't have full access to it or it isn't that big.  It was a minor plot point in season 1 that Major couldn't afford the rent (or possibly mortgage?) on the house he lives in without a roommate.  I do remember the conversation with Live that you're referencing, but I don't think she said that Major came from money.  I think she said that he turned down more lucrative career paths and chose something he'd find more meaningful. 

8 hours ago, Thriftykins said:

It'd only be a good thing if you could be sure that the CDC wouldn't kill or capture the zombies once they knew they existed.  Objectively, yes, the responsible thing would be to alert the CDC, but Ravi's not willing to do the responsible thing if it might end up endangering Liv.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Considering the animosity Ravi has for Blaine, I don't think Peyton's question was that dumb. 

Agreed.  As much as I wanted to hate on Peyton in that moment, it wasn't unreasonable of her to be skeptical of Ravi's motives.  While he ended up being right, even Ravi knew his evidence that Blaine was faking was incredibly thin.  He himself pointed out the holes in Don E's story while the two of them were talking.  

8 hours ago, Thriftykins said:

It's never been said, but I agree the best course of action would have been to give the cure to zombies in their immediate circle and then turn over most of the remaining syringes to someone who had better means to reverse engineer them (since Ravi still doesn't know what's in the tainted Utopium) and manufacture more.

2 hours ago, MissEwa said:

YMMV, but my view is that Blaine's plan was mostly that they wouldn't give Major Cure#2 - as soon as they did, everyone would know he'd been lying about the memory thing pretty much the entire time. Same deal with the memory serum - if he said it worked back when he took it, they'd have given the cure to Major and found out he was lying. Once Peyton told him Major had taken the cure, he knew he was done for and maybe hoped to mitigate the damag

I don't get this logic.  Why would Blaine think Major wouldn't take Cure 2 when death was the only alternative?  He's known for several episodes now that Major's health was fading fast.  Major himself just came to him 2 episodes ago asking him what it was like for him before he took the cure, and lamented that he might not have a couple weeks left before he was forced to take it.  Therefore, Blaine had no reason to believe he was not going to take Cure 2.  

Also, how would he have gotten caught? If he had pretended like the memory serum worked for him?  In all likelihood, Ravi would have either administered Cure 2 and the memory serum to Major back to back or administered it as soon as Major's memories started fading, so there's little way Blaine would have gotten caught in his lie.    

46 minutes ago, ketose said:

I am probably way off base, but I was wondering if Blaine lost his memories after all and told Peyton that the cure worked so she could be happy for Major for a little while. Then he was mixing up blue juice number 2 to use on himself. Again, far-fetched because this show is too in love with the long con.

I doubt this.   Peyton wasn't upset enough over Major's memory loss to give Blaine any motivation to lie in order to give her hope over Major's condition.

Was he living with Liv and Peyton or just there?

Just there.  I think he was sleeping over because he and Peyton were sleeping together.

Edited by xqueenfrostine
1 minute ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I don't get this logic.  Why would Blaine think Major wouldn't take Cure 2 when death was the only alternative?  He's known for several episodes now that Major's health was fading fast.  Major himself just came to him 2 episodes ago asking him what it was like for him before he took the cure, and lamented that he might not have a couple weeks left before he was forced to take it.  Therefore, Blaine had no reason to believe he was not going to take Cure 2.  

Yeah, that's a good point. Possibly he was just trying to delay the inevitable/hoping Ravi would find a new cure that Major could take without exposing him. It's not Blaine at his brightest but I do think he genuinely liked Peyton and maybe that's been clouding his judgement.  

• Love 1

I liked the immediate switch from Blaine's innocent mannerisms to his covering something up mannerisms.  I will give Peyton credit for calling him on preventing Liv from being cured.

I assumed that Blaine would start getting his memory back after the blue serum, and fake not remembering from that.  But if he has been faking almost since the beginning, then claiming to have suddenly gotten his memory back after the blue serum would have been the smart move.  Maybe he thought he would hear about Major immediately and would have time to plan, but since Major was already into memory loss he decided to gamble on the truth.

I am looking forward to Blaine vs. Angus and Don E.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, Affogato said:

I wonder if this is the in for Jason Dohring's character, his sister wants to continue with Zombies, he wants to cure them? He'd have to have some way to find out about the cure, though. Maybe Natalie?

Well, if there aren't any humans there is no one to eat. The cure would be very valuable to zombies who want to stay sentient during the zombie apocalypse (without being food themselves).

Maybe they wouldn't need as much for the visions, so you could sell some brains as drugs and the duller ones as food.

Sorry, but Jason Dohring is coming to the show? Argh. No thanks. Didn't like Logan, don't care for the actor, and Scientologist actors tend to break my suspension of disbelief since it makes me all too aware of how dumb they must be.

(EDITED TO ADD: Joke's on me, about 12 hours after posting this I found out Elisabeth Moss is a Scieno. Oops.)

Off to Google in hopes it's a one-off. 

Topic: yeah, every twist in this episode was visible from space. 

Edited by kieyra

I liked the Liv and Clive interaction in this episode when she wasn't being influenced by self-absorbed brains. Clive wanted the cure for Liv even though it means an end to her insight into cases because they're friends. Such a difference from their first season real action shop when he didn't know the truth.

I knew it!!! Evil EEEVVILLL Blaine!

It didn't quite end up playing out the way I thought it might (thankfully, Major is still alive!) but at least we got a really heartfelt scene of Peyton's reaction.

Agree that both Don E. and Blaine are too obvious suspects for the theft.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Affogato said:

Or one zombie going from bar to bar having fights

Yes but that would require intentional malice.  I think we see some of that in the partnership between Don and Blaine's father.  A zombie landing in jail could be due to any number of reasons, many due to simple carelessness or bad luck.

25 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Wait, Jason Dohring is confirmed for the show, or just wishful thinking (except for Kieyra!)?  Scientologist or no (and they freak me out), I love him so hard.

Yeah, he is playing Vivian Stoll's brother and shows up, I think, two episodes from now, and will be around at least until the end of the season.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, kieyra said:

Sorry, but Jason Dohring is coming to the show? Argh. No thanks. Didn't like Logan, don't care for the actor, and Scientologist actors tend to break my suspension of disbelief since it makes me all too aware of how dumb they must be.

(EDITED TO ADD: Joke's on me, about 12 hours after posting this I found out Elisabeth Moss is a Scieno. Oops.)

Off to Google in hopes it's a one-off. 

Topic: yeah, every twist in this episode was visible from space. 

I like the actor well enough, he really hasn't done much, most of it the same and he may not have much range, but I think he is good within that range. He has a sense of his physical presence in a sign and acts off what is happening around him, I like actors who have the nonverbal part down.

I agree about scientology, but he appears to have been raised in scientology in a large, close, rich family and have married young, he was married in V Mars, and has three kids, so he has a lot to lose if he walks away and is ostracized. It is a cult and they don't make it easy. Anyway, it is different than walking in off the street and saying, why yes, I will give these good people all my money and entrap my family. That said, I'm still struggling with Neil Gaiman's connections. Clearly not stupid, in any case. I think Gaiman is also someone raised in it, who may or may not still be at all active.

I dunno. Yuck.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

I like the actor well enough, he really hasn't done much, most of it the same and he may not have much range, but I think he is good within that range. He has a sense of his physical presence in a sign and acts off what is happening around him, I like actors who have the nonverbal part down.

I agree about scientology, but he appears to have been raised in scientology in a large, close, rich family and have married young, he was married in V Mars, and has three kids, so he has a lot to lose if he walks away and is ostracized. It is a cult and they don't make it easy. Anyway, it is different than walking in off the street and saying, why yes, I will give these good people all my money and entrap my family. That said, I'm still struggling with Neil Gaiman's connections. Clearly not stupid, in any case. I think Gaiman is also someone raised in it, who may or may not still be at all active.

I dunno. Yuck.

Your points are well made, and sweet Jesus, had no idea about Gaiman. (Leaving it at that before the whole thread spins off.) 

• Love 1

Am I the only one not thrilled in general when a showrunner keeps bringing on people from his previous series? The influx of My Name Is Earl actors on Raising Hope was a detriment to the show IMHO, and Cougar Town was practically taken over by minor Scrubs characters and in-jokes a few seasons in.

• Love 1