Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wendy,. Amber is not dancing with "my Tony".  Amber is dancing with Max.  If you kept in touch with your Tony you would know that "my Tony" isn't on the show this season!  How incompetent is she and her crew?  She isn't much of a friend either is she?  Wendy doesn't have to stay in touch with Tony but don't claim him as yours and you don't know he is out of work.  She is such a phony and she isn't very well informed either.

• Love 7

So, Wendy had her music up so loud she didn't realize she backed into another vehicle with enough impact that her bumper was "done" and then she left the scene. Obviously enough of a crash that a good samaritan snapped of photo of her hit and run. Great story. Totally believable. Where is the eyeroll emoticon when you need it. 

• Love 6

Re: Angelia and Brad - Wendy, "I hate to gloat".  Really Wendy?  Pleese......  What a hypocrite!  And she "designs" (copies) those horrible clothes.  And now there are shoes.  They are so original and unique.  Not....

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Re: Angelia and Brad - Wendy, "I hate to gloat".  Really Wendy?  Pleese......  What a hypocrite!  

Worse, Wendy threw shade at Angelina's being pissed about Brad's alleged substance abuse problems by mentioning her role in Gia, like Angelina was playing herself. 

• Love 12
Just now, DollEyes said:

Worse, Wendy threw shade at Angelina's being pissed about Brad's alleged substance abuse problems by mentioning her role in Gia, like Angelina was playing herself. 

This. I thought I missed something when Wendy said that Angelina portrayed a drug addict in a MOVIE therefore Angelina has used and abused drugs in real life. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

I know! That was the most rediculous comment ever. 

I thought the interview with Bethenny went well. I was always under the impression Wendy didn't like Bethenny. She used to comment on how Bethenny's talk show was a big fail and hers is such a success.   As long as Bethenny can shill her Skinny Girl products on her show she doesn't give a rat's ass what Wendy thinks of her!

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:20 PM, Kira53 said:

Wendy,. Amber is not dancing with "my Tony".  Amber is dancing with Max.  If you kept in touch with your Tony you would know that "my Tony" isn't on the show this season!  How incompetent is she and her crew?  She isn't much of a friend either is she?  Wendy doesn't have to stay in touch with Tony but don't claim him as yours and you don't know he is out of work.  She is such a phony and she isn't very well informed either.

This!!  Thank you!

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:32 PM, TVbitch said:

So, Wendy had her music up so loud she didn't realize she backed into another vehicle with enough impact that her bumper was "done" and then she left the scene. Obviously enough of a crash that a good samaritan snapped of photo of her hit and run. Great story. Totally believable. Where is the eyeroll emoticon when you need it. 

eyeroll.jpg

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 2

Thanks Fishy! And furthermore after the police tracked her down at home and busted her, she was so proud of putting on the helpless woman waterworks "cuz that's what women do." (Um, no, adult women would have left a note with insurance info.) Anyway, when that didn't work, she hired a lawyer. OMG Wendy, just pay the other vehicle's damages!

Also, I noticed the next day she tried to talk about the two black men killed by cops and GOT ONE OF THEIR NAMES WRONG! At least she didn't call it "the killation." 

Yeah, I'm turning into a hate watcher. 

• Love 10
On 9/20/2016 at 8:20 PM, Kira53 said:

I kept looking at the photo they put up and thinking that doesn't look like Tony! Damn, she needs to fire more of her staff if they continue to put her out there without being prepared. I constantly scratch my head at how this woman made it to the top of her game and has become a gazillionaire in the process. She's slipping big time...

• Love 2
On Monday, September 05, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Jaded said:

I think I mentioned before that the local FOX/NBC station here aired Wendy on their NBC channel. Well, over the Summer there's been commercials for Harry Connick's new talk show to air in the slot Wendy has been. I thought they might be moving her to another time or over to their FOX or even CW station which they also run the local one. Checking the schedule for next week and Wendy's show is nowhere in sight on any local station with the only channel showing it for me to see on TV BET at 2am.  If I decide to watch when the new season starts I guess it will be a day late or watching uploads of segments on YouTube. In addition to Harry airing in Wendy's slot they also have his show airing at a different time on their FOX station. 

I feel your pain, boo! I love Hot Topics, but I can't stay up until 3am to watch the show. Also, it really only interests me as daily news. I don't have a dvr (I know! But, my cable bill is already too high.) A day or 2 after the show airs & with the extra effort involved-- I kinda lose interest. I bummed! I was soo looking forward to the new season. Meanwhile, I skimmed some of the latest comments here & stuff was sounding juicy! I'll check back here, so thanks in advance for all of your posts!

55 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

I feel your pain, boo! I love Hot Topics, but I can't stay up until 3am to watch the show. Also, it really only interests me as daily news. I don't have a dvr (I know! But, my cable bill is already too high.) A day or 2 after the show airs & with the extra effort involved-- I kinda lose interest. I bummed! I was soo looking forward to the new season. Meanwhile, I skimmed some of the latest comments here & stuff was sounding juicy! I'll check back here, so thanks in advance for all of your posts!

You can watch segments of her show each day on the show's YouTube Page .  I just like watching it on TV.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

About the car accident-I think that the lawyer was for the 'hit and run' charge, not necessarily the damage to the other car.  Nevertheless, i think she knew exactly what happened as it seemed like she made a bit of a slip in telling the story, but then covered it up.

• Love 2

I have to say, I enjoyed having Harvey from TMZ (Yikes!) come on and stand up to Wendy.  

All week she has been insulting Marion Cotillard and even said Brad Pitt may be the father of her unborn baby.  Really irresponsible to just throw that out there. I say insulting because Wendy's shocked an Academy award winning actress can ACT and a marriage broken up MUST be caused by another woman (nothing about Brad being wrong).

Harvey came on and just kept saying, "Nope, that's not the story you are wrong."  Wendy said the abuse allegations will end his career and Harvey again said "Nope, look at Kobe Bryant".  You know when she said that in her meeting her minions just nodded at her and agreed.

It was refreshing to see someone contradict her rather than suck up to her, but I'm guessing he won't be back.

• Love 8

Another annoying aspect of Wendy's treatment of this story is her response to Marion Cotillard's statement, to which Wendy dissed her for not flat-out denying that she had an affair with Pitt. My response: "Bitch, please!" If Ms. Cotillard had denied it, then chances are you not only wouldn't have believed her anyway, you would have accused her of lying to cover his ass and her own, so as usual, you need to have a seat-or 1,000. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

I say insulting because Wendy's shocked an Academy award winning actress can ACT and a marriage broken up MUST be caused by another woman (nothing about Brad being wrong).

Shame on Wendy once again for not knowing who Marion Cotillard was, which earlier in the week she actually admitted. I'm sure a lot of us regular folks may not know who she is because  she mostly acts in french films, but....She is an Academy Award winner and Wendy has a show where she is supposed to be the queen of pop culture! it's her job to know these things! 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

Wendy said the abuse allegations will end his career and Harvey again said "Nope, look at Kobe Bryant".  You know when she said that in her meeting her minions just nodded at her and agreed.

Yea, I was loving Harvey Levin. Brad Pitt is an A list actor, heavy hitter in Hollywood, a producer , director and has his own production company. No, Wendy, nobody or nothing is going to end his career. Not even that whack job Angelina Jolie. 

• Love 2

Wendy's producers have to kill time because Wendy has so little content.  There aren't that many guests and the ones they have aren't of interest to me.  Wendy is scraping the barrel getting guests using her old radio contacts a lot of the time.  I don't think that many "stars" want to go on her show.  She rarely got the top tier before but it has been the bottom of the bucket lately (last year and now).  I dvr and race through the show; most of it is filler.  Today Wendy sharing again her divorce from her first husband was filler.  Now announcing a divorce from her present husband would be a exciting show.  I keep watching the first segment hoping to see that!

I don't get how they can't fill time.  It's a superficial show, not rocket science! I don't mind having full Hot Topics shows, it's better than the dumb game where the audience guesses the scrambled celebrity's face.

The easiest thing they could do is get people to basically create their own segments, like how Oprah did in later years.  Dr. Phil, Suze Orman, etc. all started as regular segments.  I would think many magazines would love to send a rep to fill 8 minutes, with little work for the producers.  

One easy thing would be to spin off what Wendy is interested in.  Why not do a true crime segment where they rehash old cases a la the ID network she loves?  What about allowing comedians to do sets since she fell in love with stand up last year?  Do a regular book segment on all the books that are upcoming movies?  

Really, 30 minutes on Pinterest could yield more fresh ideas than this show has had in years.  

Edited by TaxNerd
Edited for spelling because I care way too much.
  • Love 3
On 9/23/2016 at 0:36 AM, NowVoyager said:

I felt the same way for years.  I finally broke down and got the damn thing from my cable provider.  I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT. Every time I call and complain about the prices (you should so do this) they knock off the price of the DVR.  Haven't paid for it in 2 years.

On 9/24/2016 at 1:25 PM, rcc said:

Wendy Weekend on HSN. She's selling her new shoe line and right now a very pretty skirt. Wendy is getting along really well with the host too. That hasn't always been the case.

I will admit to loving the loungewear as I am a slob outside of work.  The quality she wears seems so much better than what is sent out.  I found the stuff to be very cheap.  I really wanted the white hoodie with the pockets but they were so much cheaper looking in real life, I sent it back.

On 9/24/2016 at 1:56 PM, bichonblitz said:

Yea, I was loving Harvey Levin. Brad Pitt is an A list actor, heavy hitter in Hollywood, a producer , director and has his own production company. No, Wendy, nobody or nothing is going to end his career. Not even that whack job Angelina Jolie. 

I can't be the only one who thought, "Thank God he is still on my laminated list!"

• Love 3
17 hours ago, druzy said:

Today Wendy said that she loves Will & Grace and that she wants the show to come back. She then informs the audience that the character Jack was not gay. Did I misunderstand her?

I think what she really meant was that Sean Hayes (the actor that played Jack) never admitted to being gay (in real life), while the show was on. Only after the show was off the air did he come out.  But yea, she totally mangled what she was trying to say. She is so totally off this season so far. I didn't even watch all of Hot Topics because it was so boring. This really needs to be her last season, she's just not all there anymore. 

• Love 3

I'm home sick with a fiery throat so I can't scream at the tv.   Which is a pity because right now I'm watching Wendy not let Luann Delesseps get a damn word in edgewise.  I'm no Lu fan but this is flat out rude and unhostess like.  Why bring a guest on to talk to and not let them talk?  Shit.  I actually wanted to hear what she had to say.   Admittedly I was already annoyed at the peach colored doily she has on.  Her stylist doesn't like her.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm home sick with a fiery throat so I can't scream at the tv.   Which is a pity because right now I'm watching Wendy not let Luann Delesseps get a damn word in edgewise.  I'm no Lu fan but this is flat out rude and unhostess like.  Why bring a guest on to talk to and not let them talk?  Shit.  I actually wanted to hear what she had to say.   Admittedly I was already annoyed at the peach colored doily she has on.  Her stylist doesn't like her.

OMG, she was so out of line with Luann.  It was liked she invited her on the show to bully her.  What the hell was Wendy so annoyed about?  Seriously we are talking about a  reality show it's not like she was rushing Luann to get her to talk about her cure for cancer.  It seemed she just wanted to call Luann stupid and was getting annoyed that Luann stuck with her man.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I hope you're feeling better 'Damo.  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Luckily for us you're still able to entertain us with your fiery throat here on the board, but get better!  I was distracted during this episode and didn't closely follow, but I did think it was interesting that Luann compared her need to be married to Wendy's in defending herself for staying with Tom.  I don't know if Luann is privy to the tea that Wendy's marriage is effectively dead and she's keeping up appearances, but Wendy seemed to truck right past that comment and end the segment.

I miss Jason, the white one.  I wonder if it was budget cuts, or a need by the producers to show her black talent more prominently after her HBCU snafu.  Not that Jason or Norman by themselves really provide much entertainment but as a team I thought they were kind of amusing.  They could have shaved off the budget for those corny ass (corn-ty?) time-filling animations Wendy does with her man-on-the-street interviews that attempt to be funny but consistently fail.  But since probably 75% of the audience turns off the show after hot topics, y'all might not even know what I'm talking about.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, DrivingSideways said:

Luckily for us you're still able to entertain us with your fiery throat here on the board, but get better!  I was distracted during this episode and didn't closely follow, but I did think it was interesting that Luann compared her need to be married to Wendy's in defending herself for staying with Tom.  I don't know if Luann is privy to the tea that Wendy's marriage is effectively dead and she's keeping up appearances, but Wendy seemed to truck right past that comment and end the segment.

I miss Jason, the white one.  I wonder if it was budget cuts, or a need by the producers to show her black talent more prominently after her HBCU snafu.  Not that Jason or Norman by themselves really provide much entertainment but as a team I thought they were kind of amusing.  They could have shaved off the budget for those corny ass (corn-ty?) time-filling animations Wendy does with her man-on-the-street interviews that attempt to be funny but consistently fail.  But since probably 75% of the audience turns off the show after hot topics, y'all might not even know what I'm talking about.

@Drivingsideways- After reading your post I googled Jason and the gossip sites are saying he was fired http://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2016/08/01/wendy-williams-staffers-racism.html

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, druzy said:

@Drivingsideways- After reading your post I googled Jason and the gossip sites are saying he was fired http://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2016/08/01/wendy-williams-staffers-racism.html

I'm bummed to hear that.  I'm not sure why he took the fall?  Good, bad or indifferent - I felt that Wendy's comments were her own.  Jason certainly didn't push her into that train of thought.  And believe it or not, Wendy's willingness to ramble on about shit she knows nothing about it is one reason I love her.  This isn't the BBC - it's Wendy!  I don't want her to talk about police shootings - unless SHE wants to.  It really is mindless escapist entertainment from a rough world, and I hope she isn't being forced to try and sober up her show.

I did think something was amiss when she opened a recent show talking about a police shooting versus Brangelina.  Don't get me wrong - I am NOT saying the Brangelina breakup is anywhere near the national import of what is going on in our country with race relations.  But it was so un-Wendy to not go after the hot entertainment story first.  

3 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I did think something was amiss when she opened a recent show talking about a police shooting versus Brangelina.  Don't get me wrong - I am NOT saying the Brangelina breakup is anywhere near the national import of what is going on in our country with race relations.  But it was so un-Wendy to not go after the hot entertainment story first.  

I don't tune in to Wendy to watch the news. There are plenty of channels for that.  I want mindless celebrity gossip from her.  Nothing more. 

Regarding LuAnn DeLesseps, funny how people interpret differently. I felt like LuAnn would  not SHUT UP with the excuses about the fiancee cheating  for a second and that is why Wendy was getting so frustrated with her, because Wendy had more questions and time was running out.   

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

Regarding LuAnn DeLesseps, funny how people interpret differently. I felt like LuAnn would  not SHUT UP with the excuses about the fiancee cheating  for a second and that is why Wendy was getting so frustrated with her, because Wendy had more questions and time was running out.   

I actually work with the tv on so I didn't actually pay that much attention. And because it became a hot topic on its own I tivo'd it on the BET rerun.  And I absolutely agree with you.  Luann does that.  If she doesn't like what you're saying she just starts talking over you.  It's what gets her fellow HW so ramped up when they are trying to tell her something.  And it was absolutely pissing Wendy off.  You don't talk over WW.  Not now and not on her radio days.  I have a feeling that Lu will not be asked back.

• Love 2

Regarding Wendy saying that she only lasted two weeks on "Dancing With the Stars" because she wouldn't play the role of the angry black woman, I'm pretty sure that in reality it had something to do with her being such a clunky awkward dancer (like me).

• Love 6

If we had Wendy in the Media this would go there but there was an "Ask Wendy" segment today on The View. Notice the advice Wendy gave Sara about sex after having a baby. As if she is an expert! Kevin cheated on her while pregnant and after she had the baby. We all know that he just couldn't wait for sex and Wendy put up with it. Wendy says to treat the husband like a man and not just the father of the child. I guess it didn't work with Kevin.        

• Love 2
On 10/11/2016 at 9:47 PM, Babalooie said:

Regarding Wendy saying that she only lasted two weeks on "Dancing With the Stars" because she wouldn't play the role of the angry black woman, I'm pretty sure that in reality it had something to do with her being such a clunky awkward dancer (like me).

Wendy is delusional.  She was eliminated because people didn't vote for her.  Poor dancer and not an endearing personality.  "My Tony" did what he could.  When you can't dance you need to be very likable and people will vote for you.  She got her paycheck and exposure to the general public - why is she complaining now?

• Love 4
On 10/14/2016 at 3:00 PM, DrivingSideways said:

Danielle Brooks is such a pleasure.  I wish more celebrities were like her.  She seems like such an upbeat, humble, smart and talented young lady.  I'm glad Wendy gives artists like this, who aren't huge yet, an opportunity to come onto her show.

Wendy needs guests.  She doesn't seem to be able to get "artists who are huge".  One third of her show is filler and most of the guests aren't of interest to me.  It doesn't take me long to watch.  But I can't stop "hate watching".  Since I don't watch the Kardashian clan or any of the housewives franchises I fastword through them so some days there isn't much content that interests me.  I still watch for the crazy from her.  I used to like her/enjoy her on the radio.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

It looks like BET has moved the re-airing to 5pm.

Thanks for the heads up... although this doesn't help me - I don't get home until after 5, and my local Fox affiliate loves to pre-empt Wendy for the most ridiculous reasons.  I should probably just record the BET airing to be safe.  

I took her off my DVR in the spring and just added her again.  I take breaks. :^) 

Suzanne cut her hair a bit. Just watching now. The big question is has she been told to back it down at all. I will know in a few minutes. 

Why for the love of god is Wendy constantly wearing those skin tight super short spandex dresses this season? They look hideous on her. She must have one in every color. Her stylist should be fired and her new wigologist can't hold a candle to Antwon. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2