Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm liking her wigs mostly this year.  Imho, many times I think iher wig game is better than previous years.  But mostly the problem is Wendy's taste level.  I hated the wig today though - too squared off.

I think her faux furs were hideous.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why for the love of god is Wendy constantly wearing those skin tight super short spandex dresses this season? They look hideous on her. She must have one in every color. Her stylist should be fired and her new wigologist can't hold a candle to Antwon. 

Did she fire Antwon or did he quit?  I prefer her in darker wigs.  She loves the blonde but they just don't look as good.   She has a great body other than her over sized boobs, too bad they cannot be reduced successfully.  I assume this is the case given some things she has said.  The keloid scaring would be disfiguring.   I believe this is the reason other than it cannot be done.  

I am enjoying this season and not sure if it is because I took a break or things have changed a bit.   Suzanne is still obnoxious to the max, however.  

On 10/7/2016 at 11:51 AM, rcc said:

Today (Friday, Oct. 7) on the previews it says Wendy's show will be "Hot Topics for Cash." I missed it but what does that mean? Anybody watch?

Not sure if you got an answer, didnt see any.  Hot topics for Cash is a newish bit, for me anyway, where Wendy walks through Central Park and quizzes people on hot topics.  If they win they get $8.00 I think thats based on the 8th season.

• Love 1

I've always tolerated Suzanne in the past, but this season she is just so extra, I can't handle it anymore.  She's almost special needs at this point.  I guess Wendy needs a clownishly over the top hype man but I can't even watch her anymore.  And somebody mentioned earlier in the thread, but it bears repeating - I absolutely hate when Suzanne and Wendy have a quick convo as the phone rings.  It's so corn-ty.

Wendy looks great this season, by the way.  I miss Jason.  You suck for letting him take the fall over your unPC kerfuffle, Wendy.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Tammee said:

Not sure if you got an answer, didnt see any.  Hot topics for Cash is a newish bit, for me anyway, where Wendy walks through Central Park and quizzes people on hot topics.  If they win they get $8.00 I think thats based on the 8th season.

I did get an answer with a link. Thanks.

My guess is she's trying to look like Beyonce today? She's too damn old for that look. The long, stringy looking hair, no makeup look is terrible on her. 

I've never understood why she has those huge fake boobs and the bottom half of her looks like a boy. I wish she'd buy herself some hips and an ass to even herself out. 

That's my shallow observation for the day. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

My guess is she's trying to look like Beyonce today? She's too damn old for that look. The long, stringy looking hair, no makeup look is terrible on her. 

I thought the same thing, but then she explained that she got to the studio late (right before air time) due to traffic and implied that she had no time to put on lashes, makeup, good wig, etc.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2016 at 7:09 PM, DrivingSideways said:

I've always tolerated Suzanne in the past, but this season she is just so extra, I can't handle it anymore.  She's almost special needs at this point.  I guess Wendy needs a clownishly over the top hype man but I can't even watch her anymore.  And somebody mentioned earlier in the thread, but it bears repeating - I absolutely hate when Suzanne and Wendy have a quick convo as the phone rings.  It's so corn-ty.

Wendy looks great this season, by the way.  I miss Jason.  You suck for letting him take the fall over your unPC kerfuffle, Wendy.

Who is Jason? The white guy who seems to be missing?  What was the kerfuffle? 

Yes on Suzanne and the staged conversation. Suzanne drives me nuts with everything she does. She is a producer, just learned that. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, wings707 said:

Who is Jason? The white guy who seems to be missing?  What was the kerfuffle? 

Yes on Suzanne and the staged conversation. Suzanne drives me nuts with everything she does. She is a producer, just learned that. 

Yea, Jason was the white guy that hung with Norman.  He was all over her Instagram and I thought he was cute so I miss him lol.

I don't remember the exact details, but Wendy said that she thought historically black colleges and university could be prejudicial to non-blacks.  I don't remember how it came up but it was one of her dumb segues.  Anyway, she got absolutely read for it, had to apologize, and then later blamed it on her team.  A few heads rolled, including Jason.  I don't think she should have gotten shit over it in the first place but firing people for her off the cuff comment was harsh.

Yeah, I read that Suzanne is a producer.  In small doses she never bothered me.  This season I've had enough though.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I don't remember the exact details, but Wendy said that she thought historically black colleges and university could be prejudicial to non-blacks.  I don't remember how it came up but it was one of her dumb segues.  Anyway, she got absolutely read for it, had to apologize, and then later blamed it on her team.  A few heads rolled, including Jason.  I don't think she should have gotten shit over it in the first place but firing people for her off the cuff comment was harsh.

I never understood what was so bad about her comment. I happen to agree with her. But....how can you blame and fire someone for what comes out of your own mouth? She clearly has a mind of her own, which she repeatedly points out to us. Firing Jason was a chicken shit move. Makes me wonder what she's (and her asshole husband) are really like to work for. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I never understood what was so bad about her comment. I happen to agree with her. But....how can you blame and fire someone for what comes out of your own mouth? She clearly has a mind of her own, which she repeatedly points out to us. Firing Jason was a chicken shit move. Makes me wonder what she's (and her asshole husband) are really like to work for. 

I hear you.  Wendy wasn't promoting policy to restructure the college system.  She was merely musing, offhand, that if there were whites only universities, people would freak (and yes I know and Wendy knows that HBCU are not black-only).  It was exactly the sort of random comment one might make to their friends which gets instantly politicized in the grander sphere.  

So what I really wanted Wendy to do was to come on her show, tell the talking heads to fuck off, and acknowledge that she was talking out of her ass but it was a harmless comment.  I was shocked at her apology tour and then the firings.  WEAK, WENDY.

I've always thought Suzanne looked slightly terrified of being fired, constantly.  And Wendy makes sure everybody knows that Suzanne's children are NOT to call her Wendy, but Mrs. Williams.  That's all well and good, but don't remind us weekly that you corrected them once back in the day.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I hear you.  Wendy wasn't promoting policy to restructure the college system.  She was merely musing, offhand, that if there were whites only universities, people would freak (and yes I know and Wendy knows that HBCU are not black-only).  It was exactly the sort of random comment one might make to their friends which gets instantly politicized in the grander sphere.  

So what I really wanted Wendy to do was to come on her show, tell the talking heads to fuck off, and acknowledge that she was talking out of her ass but it was a harmless comment.  I was shocked at her apology tour and then the firings.  WEAK, WENDY.

I've always thought Suzanne looked slightly terrified of being fired, constantly.  And Wendy makes sure everybody knows that Suzanne's children are NOT to call her Wendy, but Mrs. Williams.  That's all well and good, but don't remind us weekly that you corrected them once back in the day.

ok, don't be mad I went to go find the quote lol, I had a hard time remembering exactly what she said.  Here it is: 

I must say to you, he (Jesse Williams) was on BET. His speech was very poignant," she said. "On the other hand, I would be really offended if there was a school that was known as a historically white college. We have historically Black colleges. What if there was the National Organization for White People, only? There's the NAACP."

The irony is that I think the spirit of this comment and her ultimate point was about inclusion.   The reason (I think) it was so poorly received is it was ignorant on a few different fronts.   We know she's the daughter and sister of educators, she's mentioned it many times.   We also know her parents are from an era when civil rights could not have been taken for granted.    Which should make her more cognizant than she sounded about (1) the necessity of hbcus being borne of discrimination so that their policies since inception prohibit discriminatory admission practices; (2) before the existence of colleges and universities that would accept qualified black applicants, few mainstream colleges would, which means (3) there's no "what if".   America was* the National Organization for White People before the Civil Rights Act of 1964.   Imagine how racist a nation has to be in order for legislators to remind its citizens what is written in the declaration of independence against its own oppressors?  That all men are created equal.  The point I'm trying to make is while it may not have been intentionally ignorant, her comment, given the family she grew up in and the opportunities she has enjoyed as a result of their experiences, was, if I'm being polite?  Obtuse as fuck.

*she also completely missed Jesse Williams' point that the landscape of our current environment doesn't look drastically different than it did in 1964.  Apologies if I sound heated, I'm going to back to clowning housewives in a second, I just really need ya'll to understand this if you didn't. 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
if you quote the declaration, you should probably get it exactly right ;)
  • Love 11

The point I'm trying to make is while it may not have been intentionally ignorant, her comment, given the family she grew up in and the opportunities she has enjoyed as a result of their experiences, was, if I'm being polite?  Obtuse as fuck.

You're being kind. As you said, for someone who was raised by educators who themselves lived through the Civil Rights Movement, Wendy's comment was ignorant and stupid as hell. Not only did she, in classic Wendy fashion completely miss the point of Jesse Williams' speech and come across like she didn't even watch the speech herself and know what he was talking about but to go down that bullshit rabbit hole of, "well what if the whites did it..." was embarrassing beyond measure.

As many rightly pointed out after that stupidity, there WERE all white schools, which is what prompted and necessitated the creation of HBCU's in the first place. Many of these schools were established in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Are people really unaware of what life was like for black people back then, to equate the formation of these schools, to "what if the whites did it?" If Wendy or anyone else wants to make an argument for whether or not these schools are still necessary today since all universities accept all races, then fair enough. But to make an asinine, dismissive, "what if the whites did that" with regard in general to HBCU's, like Wendy did that day, was just shockingly moronic even for Wendy who is on a normal basis, a moron. 

• Love 12

So is this what happened?  This topic was brought up at her morning meeting with the staff.  So not an original thought of hers but that of someone else (Jason?).  She decided to take what he or others were saying and make it her own as I am sure happens frequently.   I am trying to make sense of her not taking responsibility, apologizing and acknowledging her critics were right and she was wrong, an easy thing to do no matter where it came from.  But instead fired Jason?  Did she claim that he said it?  What was her excuse for repeating it?    

Why did she say she fired Jason?  I missed the entire thing.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

My apologies if I came off as cavalier about HBCU!!  When I said I understood Wendy's point to a degree... I just meant that we've all heard that line of thinking.  Not that I agree.

Wendy never addressed Jason's firing, and I doubt he planted that HBCU seed in her head, I think that was all Wendy.  It just seemed to me that Wendy had to make amends for pissing off the wrong people, and Jason's head rolled.  Maybe he had really bad attendance or something, I don't know.  But man, if somebody has to be fired, why not Suzanne??

• Love 1
16 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

My apologies if I came off as cavalier about HBCU!!  When I said I understood Wendy's point to a degree... I just meant that we've all heard that line of thinking.  Not that I agree.

Wendy never addressed Jason's firing, and I doubt he planted that HBCU seed in her head, I think that was all Wendy.  It just seemed to me that Wendy had to make amends for pissing off the wrong people, and Jason's head rolled.  Maybe he had really bad attendance or something, I don't know.  But man, if somebody has to be fired, why not Suzanne??

No not cavalier at all.  It would be perfectly fine if you did agree.  It's crazy sounding coming from someone of her background.   ITA that it wasn't a planted idea.  In a subsequent on air conversation with Roland Martin she said she was humbled by being mistaken and had learned a lot simply by talking to him.  

14 hours ago, Babalooie said:

Well, Wendy called it on today's program.  Kanye went cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs and is in the psych ward.

I can't figure out why he needs to fangirl the Carters like that though.   A nap is in order.

• Love 3

When they were discussing Sheree's mama Joyce wig on today's episode it was very apparent that the people on Wendy's staff must agree with her at all times.  When Suzanne had an opinion that was different than Wendy's,  Wendy got a looks could kill look on her face and Suzanne quickly changed her opinion.  It was kind of gross to be honest.  

And Wendy, your dog is obviously much smarter than you are and he knows that people food is bad for dogs.  When she said something about her dog needing to earn his keep, I wondered if the same applies to that thing she's married to. 

Damn this woman is an idiot but she sure seems to think she's the perfect wife and mother with a perfect relationship. 

Ten minutes into the show today and I remembered why I stopped watching. This was my first episode this season and it will also be my last. I REALLY can not stand this woman. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

I'm only watching occasionally when she has a guest I want to see or to see what she has to say on a certain subject. I watched the other day to see what she had to say about Kanye for example. My Wendy viewing days are pretty much over. I come here to see what, if anything, I have missed that interests me or what other people have to say that I agree with more often than not.

I think a lot of us can't stand this woman. Way back when she was so new and interesting every day. Today, not so much.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Maharincess said:

s.  When she said something about her dog needing to earn his keep, I wondered if the same applies to that thing she's married to. 

I haven't seen any of this week's episodes. What did Wendy say her dog needed to do to "earn his keep"?

Probably the same things as Kevin.Wendy should absolutely not be a pet owner. Too late for that, I. know.

27 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

What did Wendy say her dog needed to do to "earn his keep"?

He needed to eat the food that was dropped on to the kitchen floor while they were cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Ummm, you don't feed dogs scraps off the floor like that, Wendy, unless you want them to start begging for food every time you're in the kitchen or sitting down for a meal. She knows nothing about training a dog. Oh, thats right, she has made it clear that they stand up in the kitchen when they are eating, they don't sit. What an idiot. 

One other comment, Wendy said that for T'giving big Kev made Red Snapper, lil' Kev made cabbage and she made stuffed peppers with some kind of fake chicken and sausage stuffed in the peppers. Red Snapper and cabbage for Thanksgiving? Sure, count me in. Not. It sounded disgusting.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

She sure knows what Kanye should do.  LOL!  No family, no friends, only staff.  She is buying into him being mentally ill.  She is sure he has a couple of doctors and they are ok.  Jesus, doctors don't make house calls. 

Loved her take on the pic of them with their kids taken when he left hospital . She is so full of herself.  

• Love 1

Her hot topics are anything but and she is not getting the caliber of guests she once did.  Many with new movies are doing the circuit, some promoting books, too. Not one has been on her couch. That is huge. This time of year there are so many. She didn't even get DWTS losers!  

When Aretha was doing the rounds in NYC and she didn't bother with Wendy's show I knew something was up. Wendy has burned a lot of bridges unfortunately.

She's lucky anyone goes on her show.

• Love 2

Oh, Wendy Wendy. You have done it again. And so has your crackerjack staff. Let me enlighten you, Wendy. Peirce was not vomiting in the bucket over Madonna twerking in the car. He was vomiting in the bucket over her twerking with her old ass on stage with Ariana Grande. It was a hideous, sad, disgusting sight.  If you read DailyMail, Wendy, and looked at the photo's along with your crackerjack staff, you would have known that. Your staff put the wrong two clips together. You need to start firing people again. I think they are sabotaging you. 

• Love 3
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 9:38 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

ok, don't be mad I went to go find the quote lol, I had a hard time remembering exactly what she said.  Here it is: 

The irony is that I think the spirit of this comment and her ultimate point was about inclusion.   The reason (I think) it was so poorly received is it was ignorant on a few different fronts.   We know she's the daughter and sister of educators, she's mentioned it many times.   We also know her parents are from an era when civil rights could not have been taken for granted.    Which should make her more cognizant than she sounded about (1) the necessity of hbcus being borne of discrimination so that their policies since inception prohibit discriminatory admission practices; (2) before the existence of colleges and universities that would accept qualified black applicants, few mainstream colleges would, which means (3) there's no "what if".   America was* the National Organization for White People before the Civil Rights Act of 1964.   Imagine how racist a nation has to be in order for legislators to remind its citizens what is written in the declaration of independence against its own oppressors?  That all men are created equal.  The point I'm trying to make is while it may not have been intentionally ignorant, her comment, given the family she grew up in and the opportunities she has enjoyed as a result of their experiences, was, if I'm being polite?  Obtuse as fuck.

*she also completely missed Jesse Williams' point that the landscape of our current environment doesn't look drastically different than it did in 1964.  Apologies if I sound heated, I'm going to back to clowning housewives in a second, I just really need ya'll to understand this if you didn't. 

Apt and Excellently rendered!

• Love 1

WTH was Wendy talking about yesterday when she was saying the new season of the Kartrashians is going to reveal that one of the family comes out as gay and it isn't Caitlin. Then she gave the side eye and said the word has been out "on the street" for a long time....   and it's no surprise.  She kind of wasn't making any sense when she was saying it. Anybody ever hear anything about that ? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

WTH was Wendy talking about yesterday when she was saying the new season of the Kartrashians is going to reveal that one of the family comes out as gay and it isn't Caitlin. Then she gave the side eye and said the word has been out "on the street" for a long time....   and it's no surprise.  She kind of wasn't making any sense when she was saying it. Anybody ever hear anything about that ? 

There have been rumors for awhile about Kendall being a lesbian. I think it has to do with her never having a really long term boyfriend like all the siblings (even Kylie has been with the fetus Tyga for awhile) and being rumored with so many different guys, almost like Mama Kris is making sure to attach her name to guys so people won't talk. I don't know if I believe the rumor or not but we'll see I guess. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CreamedPeas said:

I hate Nancy Grace with a passion. She said she's too young for hot flashes?! She's freaking' 57! 

Sorry, had to vent. 

THANK YOU.  I am watching this now.  I am kind of ambivalent on Nancy, but when she said repeatedly, "Don't worry y'all I'm not pregnant" I was like, uhhh... you're pushing 60.  We weren't worried.  Then when she described herself as a crime victim.  What an unpleasant person.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

There have been rumors for awhile about Kendall being a lesbian. I think it has to do with her never having a really long term boyfriend like all the siblings (even Kylie has been with the fetus Tyga for awhile) and being rumored with so many different guys, almost like Mama Kris is making sure to attach her name to guys so people won't talk. I don't know if I believe the rumor or not but we'll see I guess. 

That's interesting. I haven't watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians for a really long time now and as soon as Wendy said that someone would be coming out as gay on the show,  I couldn't figure out who that could be and I haven't heard about those rumors about Kendall. Lol, "the fetus Tyga" made me crack up.

Nancy Grace did seem kind of all over the place today, but she was more likeable than she was on her HLN show. 

• Love 2

Ugh! Rickey Smiley was a terrible guest. He didn't listen to Wendy's questions at all, just said what ever he wanted to say. As someone in the industry, I expect better from him. I was so aggravated I turned off the tv.

• Love 1
On 1/10/2017 at 3:38 PM, CreamedPeas said:

I hate Nancy Grace with a passion. She said she's too young for hot flashes?! She's freaking' 57! 

My god, she was insufferable! If I were Wendy, I would never have her on my show again. Wendy could not get a word in and the stupid bitch leaves the interview without even talking about the reason she was there. Then she worms her way in to the audience while Wendy is continuing with the show to finally tell us about her stupid new earth shattering news. 

• Love 4

Well, I learned something today.

Wendy had actress Meagan Good on the show. As usual, they talked about eyebrows, since Meagan has hers tattooed on. Wendy confessed that she has done microblading. I had to look it up. It's semi-permanent tattooing for the eyebrows. Who knew?!

• Love 1

Wendy was talking stupid the other day about how Bradley Coopers mother should get herself her own apartment and living in an apartment is best because there's only one point of entry for the killer that will be coming.

dafuq. She talks like being murdered in ones sleep is the nations leading case of death and something so commonly accepted .

• Love 4

She's always talking about one way in and one way out so the killer doesn't get you.  She's so ridiculous. When I think of a place having one way in and out, I think about earthquakes and fires and the one exit being blocked.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Wendy was talking stupid the other day about how Bradley Coopers mother should get herself her own apartment and living in an apartment is best because there's only one point of entry for the killer that will be coming.

dafuq. She talks like being murdered in ones sleep is the nations leading case of death and something so commonly accepted .

She is too much.  One way in means you only have one way out, too!  I go back and forth having her on my DVR. She is off at the moment. I stopped by to see if I should put her back on for a spell.  Nah

• Love 4

You both are right. Also if there is an intruder having more entrances and exits and not being in a high rise is safer for escape. In fact when I was in high school I was home alone and had a prowler fucking w the lock on back door of our house. I ran out the front door, hopped in my car, peeling out while dialing 911. Had he been at the  front I could have went out the back or crawled out a window.

I believe  most people when choosing to live in an apartment or condo do so because of the look or not having to do lawn maintainace or for environmental reasons/space conservation/less suburban sprawl  or to be in a trendy/urban setting.... not potential murder scenarios. 

• Love 2

How fucking dare Wendy criticize Paris Jackson being on the cover of Rolling Stone and her legitimacy as a celebrity & being interviewed? 

She sounds jealous and second basically reiterated Paris' comments as her own scoops. Ugh if you think she has no reason to be there or  speaking out ....don't claim her views or insights as some shit you dug up. 

• Love 3

I had still been DVR'ing her show since the new season started. I realized the other day that I was deleting all the episodes at the end of the week because the thought of watching her felt like more then a chore. So I freed up space on my DVR permanently by removing her from my list of shows to record. Just reading the insane crap she spews here reaffirms that I made the right decision.

• Love 2

Yikes, today was ugly. Wendy seemed especially snippy and demanding with poor Kevin, who looked terrified of losing his job as he flailed to please her while frantically agreeing with everything she said. She needed extra help in her ear piece to even remember what the hell she was talking about. And her telling her hot topics crew to dig up dirt on Trump's kid with Marla Maples was met with silence. Then in the Hot Topic Panel segment she totally threw yesterday's guest, Milla Jovovich, under the bus about her choice to do communal sleep arrangements with her kids. (Agree or not, I thought Milla did an adequate job of explaining that she was brought up in a country where it is very common for a whole family to sleep in one room and that being so busy sometimes that is their only quality time.) In any case, Wendy would probably do well not to alienate the few actual movie stars still willing to do her show! 

• Love 4