Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:37 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

lol!  was it the perm, the heels or the sequins? I can't remember how old Wendy is but, she'd be from the generation whose parents listened to the artists that influenced him.  I don't wanna compare his popularity to Michael Jackson's but if you're a black girl from that era who dug that genre, he was huge to us and I think she's carrying on for essentially the same reasons (grew up listening to him, death was sudden, mysterious and premature).  Girl?  The high school graduating class of 1985?  We didn't have a choice about whether we liked Prince or not, 3 proms, 1 graduation and handful of parties, we wore Let's Go Crazy out lol!  Good times.  These children today don't know.   I'm wonderful doll, can't think of one complaint.  How are you doing?  

My white-ass mom and sister were OBSESSED with Prince and both wanted to bang him... I just don't think the younger generation can understand.  We were all watching Whitney, MJ, Prince and Madonna in the 80s, they crossed all color/gender boundaries and they were just larger than life.  MJ and Whitney we kind of saw coming, but Prince floored me... I just saw him in concert recently, he looked great, and it was the best show I've ever seen.  So Wendy can talk about him as much as she wants, because I really feel that loss still.  And of those four 80's icons - Prince was the only one who was an actual musician in terms of composing his own music.  He will never ever be replaced - I just can't think of any current music acts with the talent, and also the popularity to do what Prince did.

• Love 6
(edited)

I didn't get to see today's episode. The local affiliate here aired an episode from last freaking October where Lea DeLaria was a guest. I thought they finally got their crap together there. When I contacted them last year about doing this multiple times I got an excuse that they were receiving episodes that were too damaged to air. It stopped eventually. They had some issue too for over 2 weeks where they were airing Meredith Veira's show a day late and when I tried contacting them they wouldn't reply to me so I called the company that owns them and the lady was shocked that something like that had  been happening for so long. I told her about the damaged episodes stuff they tried telling me about WW and she said that made no sense. The issue with Meredith's show got resolved about 4 days later after the lady I spoke to and some guy locally called and told me they were going to do some test and if it worked then things should go back to normal. All their technical issues make watching that channel really frustrating though. Sorry for the long story.

Edited by Jaded
12 hours ago, Jaded said:

I didn't get to see today's episode. The local affiliate here aired an episode from last freaking October where Lea DeLaria was a guest. I thought they finally got their crap together there. When I contacted them last year about doing this multiple times I got an excuse that they were receiving episodes that were too damaged to air. It stopped eventually. They had some issue too for over 2 weeks where they were airing Meredith Veira's show a day late and when I tried contacting them they wouldn't reply to me so I called the company that owns them and the lady was shocked that something like that had  been happening for so long. I told her about the damaged episodes stuff they tried telling me about WW and she said that made no sense. The issue with Meredith's show got resolved about 4 days later after the lady I spoke to and some guy locally called and told me they were going to do some test and if it worked then things should go back to normal. All their technical issues make watching that channel really frustrating though. Sorry for the long story.

I wish I could recap it for you but I don't recall anything at all... I usually delete it after the guest anyway.  I think BET does re-runs at 11pm or midnight, if you have cable?  My local affiliate here in LA is always pre-empting hot topics to show a car chase or Obama talking about some such, it's irritating...

I was only able to watch two shows this week, the Wednesday cowgirl outfit and the rocker chick outfit from Friday.  Wendy declared her fashion rule that green hair is out but her dark lavender wig is just fine for going to the club for Miss Wendy.  How long has it been since she's dished about going to a club?  It seems as though Wendy watches a lot of tv these days instead of clubbing.

It's true that I'm jealous of her weight loss, but I can't take fashion rules from someone who really, really needs to reduce her breasts, usually displays armpit boobage, and can't normally walk in her own damned shoes.  The Wednesday cowgirl outfit was a serious fashion faux pas, like a bad Halloween costume.

I did enjoy Lonnie's interview today but that is probably because I like Lonnie on The Real.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/19/2016 at 0:31 PM, CreamedPeas said:

I HATE Suzanne! I seriously can't stand her loud mouthed OBNOXIOUS ass! 

YES!! Oh my god. Everything.  The way she leans back and laughs with her whole body when the camera is on her, her voice, fake hilarity (nothing is that funny) and screaming at that damn wheel.  ARG.  I wonder how the staff feels about her.  Is there a lot of eye rolling behind her back?  AND she makes the audience clap mindlessly.  Wendy often says, really?  You like that?  Or is it Suzanne?  It is always Suzanne, Wendy.  You ask her to make everyone clap at every fucking thing.    

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I have to comment on Prince. The guy was genius level musically. Multi-instrumental and self taught. Have you ever watched him just on guitar alone?  Amazing. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but you can't deny his talent. Not just a song writer but he would write every note for every instrument. Not many artists have that capability. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, FanOfTheFans said:

I have to comment on Prince. The guy was genius level musically. Multi-instrumental and self taught. Have you ever watched him just on guitar alone?  Amazing. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but you can't deny his talent. Not just a song writer but he would write every note for every instrument. Not many artists have that capability. 

Prince was a blind spot to me and my sons who were in the age bracket of his fans.  They just didn't like his music, nor did I.  I was barely aware of him then and had no idea that he remained in the spotlight until his death! 

I did not know, the extent of his talent.  I do now.  Amazing that he wrote the music for every instrument. 

I loved Prince. In 1984, he was coming here in concert and my friend and I stood in line in the cold rain and they sold out before we got our tickets. My brother in law called and said he knew a guy who had front row tickets he was selling for $150 each. The actual cost of the tickets were $20 through the record stores that sold them. We didn't care and paid the scalper the $150 per ticket. A week before the concert, Prince cancelled the concert and it wasn't rescheduled so the radio stations were telling how to get the $20 refund. We decided since we paid a hell of a lot more than $20, that we were keeping our front row Prince tickets just for the hell of it. We were pretty pissed at Prince for about a week......

• Love 2
On 5/23/2016 at 6:58 AM, FanOfTheFans said:

there aren't many 5'3 inch men in platform stilettos and makeup that I would give it up to....but Prince was certainly one of them.  

He just had it.  And it gave me a very funny feeling in my tummy.

Right after Prince passed, I was trying to think up all of his songs that I loved.....and there were just so many, and they spanned decades.

• Love 4
  • Well it's been said before but I'm going to say it again because I just need to get it off my chest ..lol!

Wendy in that red dress with the skinny belt accentuating her too skinny waist and her gigantic cantaloupes. She looks like a freak. And fyi Wendy.....I'm NOT a hater cause you lost weight and got skinny or because I'm overweight (I'm not) You look like a freakin'  freak.

Go eat a couple Big Macs..you're gross right now.

And really Wendy, did I hear you say you've never pumped gas in your car? I call bullshit on that. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:
  • Well it's been said before but I'm going to say it again because I just need to get it off my chest ..lol!

Wendy in that red dress with the skinny belt accentuating her too skinny waist and her gigantic cantaloupes. She looks like a freak. And fyi Wendy.....I'm NOT a hater cause you lost weight and got skinny or because I'm overweight (I'm not) You look like a freakin'  freak.

Go eat a couple Big Macs..you're gross right now.

And really Wendy, did I hear you say you've never pumped gas in your car? I call bullshit on that. 

I've gotta defend Wendy on this one. I've never pumped gas in my car either. Here in Maine the gas stations pump it for you, full service. A friend of mine recently moved to NJ to be near her daughter who just had a baby and told me she was happy that the gas stations do the same there.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I am shocked!  I haven't had anyone pump my gas since the early 70's!  Maine and NJ do this?  All over both states?  

Yes. All over. Some stations like Irving (Canadian company) and those owned by One Stop (a Maine company) gives you the option of pumping yourself and saving 5 cents a gallon. Also Citgo stations owned by Daigle Oil - a Maine company check your oil, put air in your tires (another thing I've never done), give 2 cents off for senior citizens, and clean your windshield and back window when needed. Just like the 70's! Whether they do all this in NJ I don't know but my friend was happy not to pump gas where she lives now.

• Love 1

Kevin must like that "freaky" look otherwise she would do something about it. We all know the girl does everything to please her man whether he deserves it or not.

• Love 3
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 0:26 PM, rcc said:

I've gotta defend Wendy on this one. I've never pumped gas in my car either. Here in Maine the gas stations pump it for you, full service. A friend of mine recently moved to NJ to be near her daughter who just had a baby and told me she was happy that the gas stations do the same there.

I had no idea there still existed gas stations that pumped gas for their customers. 

My apologies for my lack of knowledge on that. I wish full service was available in California too.

• Love 2
(edited)

It is such an interesting issue.  Personally I didn't pump gas until I was in my 20's. It wasn't until I moved out to California that I had to pump my own gas with any regularity.  Growing up all the gas stations near my house were all full service.  Not in my entire city per se, but we always got our gas at one of the three stations near my house growing up.  Now I grew up in a regular average city on the east coast, and  this was into the 2000's.

Edited by JBC344
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:52 PM, Morgalisa said:

I dont know if  Wendy is still losing more weight, but for goodness sakes she needs to stop it and/or have those implants downsized.  Freaky.

They must have a break in filming coming up soon.  Maybe Wendy will take care of her bewbs then.

• Love 1
(edited)

Friday was a rerun of Monday's "Wendy Williams Day" with André Leon Talley. While Wendy was interviewing him he was talking about women dressing like ladies of the night and such which made me laugh considering what she was sitting next to him wearing. His comments are at about 5:10 in.

Edited by Jaded

I swear Wendy has lost her mind. Talking about the gorilla that was killed like he was some kind of a hot man. His body was beautiful and his hair was soft and gorgeous.... she is just nutszo. 

• Love 7

It made me mad that she thought the picture of him outside looking through the door windows when she said she was cooking dinner was funny. Hearing that she locks him in his room at night like that makes me even madder. I feel so sorry for that dog.

• Love 5
On 6/8/2016 at 11:01 PM, Jaded said:

It made me mad that she thought the picture of him outside looking through the door windows when she said she was cooking dinner was funny. Hearing that she locks him in his room at night like that makes me even madder. I feel so sorry for that dog.

I do, too. I guess the puppy cuteness has worn off. Now the dog is grown, HUGE and she doesn't want to deal with him anymore. Sad. 

Wendy has no help in taking care of that dog. I can see how she feels about him now since he's no longer a puppy and harder to handle but I still feel bad for the dog on the outside looking in like that.

11 hours ago, buttersister said:

Wendy has help teetering out to her chair---hard for me to imagine she goes it alone with the dog.

11 hours ago, buttersister said:

Wendy has help teetering out to her chair---hard for me to imagine she goes it alone with the dog.

Wendy is always saying that she does everything at home. Production assistants help her on the show. Kevin and Kev apparently don't help her with anything.

(edited)

My eyes are already rolling in anticipation of hearing Wendy's defense of her favorite pet psychopath tomorrow. I'm sure the Hot Topics team is huddled somewhere gathering the news and faxing Wendy (no emails or phone use, right?) and she's busy doodling hearts and CB+WW all over them like she's decorating bookcovers in junior high. No doubt she'll say he made a naughty, but then end by saying something (for the 4000th time) about how much he's changed and how he's a good one. Will have to wait and see what kind of a hold she has over the audience tomorrow to see if they yeah or nay her, or if she somehow "runs out of time" and can't talk about it until there's someone there from OK Mag on Monday to walk her through it, this seems to happen whenever it's someone she won't personally call out. I so wish the advertisers would stand up for humanity and tell her to can the never-ending support of those who are always taking time from their work to cheat, or threaten, or beat the shit out of men, women, and children as they please.

Edited by meisje
44 minutes ago, wings707 said:

What?  Chris Brown is going to be a guest?  Really? 

Definitely seems like she's trying to keep the door open for that at some point, doesn't it? But no, I just expect he might make Hot Topics due to the new charges, but it's Wendy's world so who knows...?

I don't know who drives me to drink more, Wendy or Suzanne.  Did you catch her milking a laugh on the pogo stick demo today?  Nothing is ever as funny as she fakes that it is.  Hoda does that to a much lesser degree and that drives me nuts, too, and I like HER.  

• Love 1

Well, at least she blames both male and female victims for their (alleged) "beatations" equally! It was kind of hilarious hearing the other woman scoff at Wendy's claims that it's 50/50 and that the victim is shifty because he didn't immediately quit and call and the police. She probably won't be invited back, but it was nice to have someone there representing sanity. Looks like Suge Knight just filed a suit against Chris too, though not for any physical violence for a change. Wendy never disappoints when it comes to her coverage of physical violence, never ever...

(edited)

I don't know why I'm surprised, but Wendy's response to the Jesse Williams petition was complete nonsense. How do you not know what the 'C' in NAACP stands for, and the purpose  of HBCUs?

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 3

I don't know why I'm surprised, but Wendy's response to the Jesse Williams petition was complete nonsense. How do you not know what the 'C' in NAACP stands for, and the purpose  of HBCUs?

It's like she was channeling the late Antonin Scalia, and it was freaking terrifying.

• Love 1

If someone doesn't know why historically black colleges and organizations exist then maybe they need to go back to middle school since most Americans over the age of 9 know what segregation was and have a basic knowledge of the civil rights movement. 

She's an idiot. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Most colleges are "Historically White"!.  Wendy is an idiot!  (With apologies to the developmentally disabled)  The "Historically Black" designation is a description and fact from segregation.  Sometimes she thinks that she is going to appeal to her white fans with such pandering.  No one misunderstood she misspoke and said something stupid.

Edited by Kira53
misspelling
  • Love 2

Maybe she's getting sponsor pressure.  I don't know why she'd wanna start steppin and fetchin all of a sudden when she hasn't cared all this time.   I think her overarching opinion might actually be in support of equality, but man, was that expressed badly.  If she'd understood Jesse's speech at all, she'd know that's exactly what his was about.    She lost me when after coming up with the C in NAACP she was like, do we still do that?  Are we still called colored?    Shit girl. Read something that doesn't have a Kardashian on the cover.  You sound crazy as hell.

• Love 11

@ZaldamoWilder "steppin and fetchin?".   What does that mean?  I feel stupid always asking you these questions but I see things in your posts that I've never heard of before.  Steppin and fetchin is a new one to me. 

I had to stop watching Wendy, she just pisses me off so much and I found myself yelling at the TV every time she was on.  For the sake of my blood pressure, I had to stop. 

• Love 1

I think Wendy's done a good job of taking her radio schtick and tweaking it so that middle aged white ladies are now HOW YOU DOIN'ing along in the audience, and I think it's in part because of her experiences growing up.  She talks about the Kardashians, Taylor Swift, but mixes in Future, Chris Brown, Shanice & Flex... people us white folk may not be aware of on the daily.  So her show has always seemed kind of post-racial to me, in that topics crossed a lot of demographic boundaries.  However... while one could make an argument for or against affirmative action or race-based selections of some kind, I thought we were all on the same page with HBCU?  That they weren't about celebrating segregation, but fostering an environment of learning and networking with other black people?  I was really surprised to hear Wendy espouse the view that they were retro, because I haven't heard that argument outside of Stacey Dash or Rush Limbaugh lately.

You could hear a pin drop after she went there though, couldn't you?  Good for her though, for bravely saying something dumb... that's our Wendy.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I had to stop watching Wendy, she just pisses me off so much and I found myself yelling at the TV every time she was on.  For the sake of my blood pressure, I had to stop. 

I love how she thinks she "called that right" or "knew something was going to happen", etc..  There isn't one announcement she's made that TMZ didn't come out with first but she conveniently forgets that. 

I had to stop watching Wendy because I have no interest in ANY of her guests - who are these people??  Not my demographic, apparently.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Maharincess said:

@ZaldamoWilder "steppin and fetchin?".   What does that mean?  I feel stupid always asking you these questions but I see things in your posts that I've never heard of before.  Steppin and fetchin is a new one to me. 

Hey darlin.  No such thing as a dumb question.  I have a bad habit of talking to ya'll like we're all at the cookout.   Stepin Fetchit was one of the first black actors to appear in film medium in the 1930s.  His marketability and following success (very successful for his time) was based largely on the persona of the characters he portrayed.   Those characters perpetuated racist stereotypes of their day, specifically depicting black men as dim witted, lazy, easily outmaneuvered and servile.  Everything about the roles he played, including, as it implies, his stage name, was designed to be palatable to white audiences.   As an aside, the reason Sidney Poitier was so revolutionary at the time wasn't because he was the first well known black film actor, but because he was one of several who took a stand against playing characters whose sole purpose in the movie was to make white audiences comfortable.  At a time when roles for black actors were already very scarce so he really limited his opportunity for his principles (Harry Belafonte, Ossie Davis, James Earl Jones, there are a whole host of them).   First black person to ever win an oscar did so for her role playing a slave in Gone With the Wind.  Which sounds awesome - because, you know, a black woman won an oscar in 1939  <- what?   But:  for her portrayal of a slave.  I say all that to say there's a complicated history involving what highly visible black people (must) say/do (at work mostly) in order not to offend their base versus what they say/do because it represents their beliefs.   Sometimes (drivingsideways mentioned Stacy Dash above as an example) they are one and the same.   I turned it into a verb, I'm sorry lol, but the *act* of steppin and fetchin is speaking or behaving in a way that panders to the mainstream and/or reassures that you aren't a threat in any way.   Wendy is from a family of educators, she knows good and gottam well that the reasons HBCUs became necessary were because of the exclusionary policies of colleges and universities that wouldn't accept qualified black applicants.  For her to sound all - hey can't we just forget about that old pesky time and become one America is a sweet sentiment but incomplete and naive as fuck.    I think we can become one America, but I'll be damned if I listen to another black woman say let's put aside every sacrifice my and her ancestors ever made for the sole benefit of our collective success.  I've never heard a descendant of a holocaust survivor say you know what, that was 80 years ago, let's just move on already.  And I never should.    Now I'm embarrassed at working myself into a lather over Wendy fuckin Williams.  Lol!!!!   Sorry for rambling and holding you post-hostage, clearly I could talk about stuff like this all day.  Oy.

14 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I think Wendy's done a good job of taking her radio schtick and tweaking it so that middle aged white ladies are now HOW YOU DOIN'ing along in the audience, and I think it's in part because of her experiences growing up.  She talks about the Kardashians, Taylor Swift, but mixes in Future, Chris Brown, Shanice & Flex... people us white folk may not be aware of on the daily.  So her show has always seemed kind of post-racial to me, in that topics crossed a lot of demographic boundaries.  However... while one could make an argument for or against affirmative action or race-based selections of some kind, I thought we were all on the same page with HBCU?  That they weren't about celebrating segregation, but fostering an environment of learning and networking with other black people?  I was really surprised to hear Wendy espouse the view that they were retro, because I haven't heard that argument outside of Stacey Dash or Rush Limbaugh lately.

You could hear a pin drop after she went there though, couldn't you?  Good for her though, for bravely saying something dumb... that's our Wendy.

LMAO!!  Girl? crickets.  She was like hello?  anybody there?  Lol!   #hushoverjerusalem

• Love 22