Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E06: Week 6: Boy Bands vs. Girl Groups Night

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And we got another Nancy anxiety package. Thanks Nancy/producers (they choose to show it but she chooses to do this every week, so equal blame). At least there weren't tears this time? I did laugh at her blaming the boots. I know it probably had an influence on the dance but it seemed a little, "Don't blame me that it wasn't perfect, it wasn't my fault!" excuse-y, especially paired with the stank face she had on after the judge comments but before the actual scoring.

I suppose she should pretend not to be anxious for some audience member's benefit. "She chooses to do this every week." Have you ever been anxious before? No one chooses to be anxious. 

I had a feeling when they were announcing which group was safe they would go for the shock of announcing Team Boy Band was safe. It just made me anxious all throughout the dance because I was worried about Nancy. I had a feeling it would come down to her and Heather. I was definitely hoping it was Heather (or any of the other girls.) Since this season they're not announcing a bottom two (they're not even making a "not necessarily the bottom two" announcement) I don't know if Nancy was actually in jeopardy (I would bet it was actually Bonner or Nick) but if they were trying to scare Nancy fans, it worked on me. I'll definitely be voting my but off now.

• Love 10

Bonner gets votes because he's a southern country boy and they always do well with the voters on this show. Not to mention the shippers eating up his Sharna partnership. It's between Nick and Nancy for next elimination I feel thanks to Bonner getting grossly overscored. Both team dances we're underwhelming but the DWTS crew have to take responsibility for the girls routine. The lighting flub completely ruined it. So frustrating.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, blaase said:

If the show used the spice girl's "spice up your life " for Normani instead of that pussycat dolls song, Val could have actually choreographed a decent salsa. Still upset at no spice girls!

I thought I remembered a Salsa to "Spice Up Your Life" on the English version of the show, Strictly Come Dancing, but when I looked I realized it was a Samba. Still good 

3 minutes ago, blaase said:

If the show used the spice girl's "spice up your life " for Normani instead of that pussycat dolls song, Val could have actually choreographed a decent salsa. Still upset at no spice girls!

I knew as soon as it was "When I grow up" that's more of a marchy overtly sexy Ballroom Tango.  It's tough to do the Salsa to that sort of dynamic in the song. But it is do-able. Val did a brilliant Disco Salsa with Rumer, it was tough to do, but he did it and it was danced Salsa all the way through with a few Travolta arm punches.  This was not that.  This was a dance that decided that Salsa wasn't important. 

1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I suppose she should pretend not to be anxious for some audience member's benefit. "She chooses to do this every week." Have you ever been anxious before? No one chooses to be anxious. 

Of course I've been anxious before. And you're correct: you can't choose to be anxious or not, but you can control your reaction to said anxiety. You can keep it in until you know you're clear of cameras. And if this is the arc that the producers have chosen to show for Nancy this season, she would have to give them those reactions in the first place in order for them to say, "Aaand we found our story for her." I also have to think that the producers think that's the most interesting part of her practices if that's what they choose to show week after week after week.

I said last week, it makes me tired to continue to watch that and it makes me enjoy her less. Because I really do enjoy her dances, but my enjoyment is tempered because of the roll-in packages. I'd probably have a different reaction if the packages came on after the dances. I really wanted to like Nancy because there was a point in my childhood where I wanted to be her (it was short and I still don't even know how to ice skate) but I'd like her more if there were no packages or interviews. 

4 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

I thought I remembered a Salsa to "Spice Up Your Life" on the English version of the show, Strictly Come Dancing, but when I looked I realized it was a Samba. Still good 

And Mel B actually danced to Spice Up Your Life on DWTS 

• Love 1

Welp, I guess I can go back to not watching this show again.  I was hoping to watch some good dancing but it's obvious this show wants to keep poor dancers on the show.  

I may pop in occasionally to see who make it to the finals.  Enjoy everyone!

• Love 1

I've watched every season of this show, way back to season 1 and I can genuinely say this is the first time I've been turned off enough by an elimination to consider skipping the rest of the season. Heather was completely robbed. Bonner should have gone home, 100%. His rumba and his visible parts in the group dance showcased how weak of a dancer he is. It's complete bs. 

• Love 23
13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I also have to think that the producers think that's the most interesting part of her practices if that's what they choose to show week after week after week.

Eh, I hate the bs most weeks of ALL the roll packages.  It doesn't make me like Nancy less or more. It is what it is, it's her process, it's rehearsal. She has a right to be anxious since she's competiting against 20 year olds and at least 2 of them are pro dancers, so yeah grabbing 5 minutes of film in probably hours and hours of footage takes a long time for these guys to edit because 99% of the time you just know the woman has an Olympic work ethic.  She's not Maureen McCormick with personal struggles, although the show wishes she had something more than a few minutes of doubt,  she's not Jen Grey with a bunch of physical issues, she's not Nicole Scherzinger who won't smile after she got 10's for a perfect dance, she's an athlete and damn I'm envious of her ability to maintain that athleticism so that she dances like she's 27 not 47.  

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Beyoncheyyy said:

I've watched every season of this show, way back to season 1 and I can genuinely say this is the first time I've been turned off enough by an elimination to consider skipping the rest of the season. Heather was completely robbed. Bonner should have gone home, 100%. His rumba and his visible parts in the group dance showcased how weak of a dancer he is. It's complete bs. 

Seriously. When they said the boys team was safe I legit did a "what" at my screen. Bonner isn't good and he's not enjoyable to watch. I will miss Heather.

Can Nick Carter be a permanent judge?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Of course I've been anxious before. And you're correct: you can't choose to be anxious or not, but you can control your reaction to said anxiety. You can keep it in until you know you're clear of cameras. And if this is the arc that the producers have chosen to show for Nancy this season, she would have to give them those reactions in the first place in order for them to say, "Aaand we found our story for her." I also have to think that the producers think that's the most interesting part of her practices if that's what they choose to show week after week after week.

Well, to be fair on Nancy, for this week's package, her and Artem were trying to have a private conversation (with Nancy almost completely hidden from the cameras) but the cameras were hiding behind the door, capturing them. So there's a possibility that they are angling on Nancy's anxiety because maybe they don't find her having fun as interesting? I don't know. Either way, I do wish they'd find something else to go for with Nancy, but she seems to be a perfectionist who really can't stand not doing well, so her reaction seems genuine and unavoidable at times. However, I can put aside the packages to watch and enjoy her dancing. She really is quite good and I'd rather her have the annoying packages than have Bonner's stiff dancing. 

• Love 13

I enjoyed almost every dance tonight except Nick's..that "jive" was horrid...and the band was even worse....Bonner wasn't too bad but at this point, I start to root for some and not for others...

Heather should still be there..while Bonner should be out...I want Rashad and Normandi in the finals...Nancy can make it to the semi's...and Dave can hang on for one for week....he's fun but not great to watch(although his dace tonight was his best)...

Tom Bergeron continues to delight me in so many ways...Capturing the snark..the cheese and balancing the celeb egos and judges overkill with ease.....

For me, it was two hours of fluff after a rough Monday at my job...and that's about all I can ask for....

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You must have a lot better control of your emotions than Nancy or I because it's not as easy as you're making it sound. Plus, she's not "giving" them anything. She's being real and the producers have decided that's what they want to show out of hours of footage. Plus, why would she try to hide it? There's nothing shameful about being anxious. Artem is her dance partner and she should be able to let out her fears and anxieties about her dancing to him. If the cameras happen to capture that, it's not really her problem because it makes some people uncomfortable. It might be the most interesting part because otherwise she and Artem have no drama and there's nothing else to go on. If it wasn't her anxiety they'd pick something else.

23 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I said last week, it makes me tired to continue to watch that and it makes me enjoy her less. Because I really do enjoy her dances, but my enjoyment is tempered because of the roll-in packages. I'd probably have a different reaction if the packages came on after the dances. I really wanted to like Nancy because there was a point in my childhood where I wanted to be her (it was short and I still don't even know how to ice skate) but I'd like her more if there were no packages or interviews. 

I don't mean to sound flippant here but if her packages are that annoying to you and hampering your enjoyment, can't you just mute it? I know, for me, I hate the interviews and rarely if ever watch them because I don't need to cringe over that and have it annoy me.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't mean to sound flippant here but if her packages are that annoying to you and hampering your enjoyment, can't you just mute it? I know, for me, I hate the interviews and rarely if ever watch them because I don't need to cringe over that and have it annoy me.

I'm one of those all or nothing people. I accept the bad with the good when it comes to my TV viewing. It's like how I recently started watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians because it's a solid hour of exercising my snark muscles (see also: Big Brother US every summer). It's nothing to turn me off from the show. Just something that niggles me from week to week. I realized it was an unpopular opinion but if we all agreed all the time, the world would be a boring place.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, RedFiat said:

Now here's a girl, Normani who says she has danced since she was 3 and danced competitively since she was 9 . Why the hell can't Val give her ACTUAL Ballroom and Latin choreography?  She has been riding her jazz and hip hop dance style for at least half the competition. If anything let's start with a low bar and dance a prescribed dance style. 

Val's bigheaded, just like his brother. They talk back to the judges, and their partners imnsho usually end up with an attitude. Ringers  doesn't mean they are enjoyable.

Just my 2 cents.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, RedFiat said:

Just as a purely silly comment I thought Simone looked so cute with the Beyonce Destiny's Child hair this week.  

She's a cutie, but her giggling drives me up the wall.We had that last season, oh I cant be sexy( insert giggling) 

• Love 2

Bonner had nice posture. I didn't like Nancy's Paso, I loved her costume, but maybe it was the song choice, I don't know. I don't know most of the music, so I don't usually know if a song is recycled or not, they all sound alike to me. And, speaking of songs, I do know Fun, Fun, Fun, good grief that was bad, bad, bad and slow, slow, slow. Nick's kicks and flicks weren't too bad, they were at least in sync with Peta and the other dancers. Didn't care much for Normani's salsa, but I'm kind of with Len, I don't care for the hip hop stuff, but, shut up Val. Lindsey certainly is a trusting soul! David is a charming man, but he is not a dancer and I am glad he didn't drop her. 

I enjoyed most of Heather's dance and I sorry she is leaving before Nick or Bonner. I was nervous when it was announced that women in the girl's group were in jeopardy, I was concerned it would be Nancy.

And I really didn't like the boy's group, I didn't like the solo segment with all the guys shirtless. I guess I'm getting older than I thought.

And I really didn't like the boy's group, I didn't like the solo segment with all the guys shirtless. I guess I'm getting older than I thought

I'm old, and I enjoyed it..: )

Edited by Fanny Mare
  • Love 7

I felt a bit indifferent about Heather this entire time, but her dance this week was beautiful and she really deserved to stay longer. I think the problem is that she came off a bit coldly perfect like Nastia Liukin, which isn't very relatable to most people. That's not to say she is actually like that, though I wouldn't know since I didn't who she was before this show. Between her and Nancy though, I'm glad Nancy stayed.

I kind of liked that the lights went out during the girls' dance. Gave it a nice ambience, and since the show is often total sensory overload, it was a nice change for something to be pulled back a little.

• Love 2

Except for Normani and Heather, I thought all the couples took a step back this week. My overall critique was that they had this "Deer in the headlights look"  that colored their entire performances, from Simone right down to Bonner.  They were so anxious, they couldn't sell their routines at all. 

The group dances: The guys looked about how I thought it would, but I have to agree with Len. The talent on the girls end was just wasted! First they should have kept those silver outfits they had in the package so there was one cohesive look. For the LIFE  of me why not open with En Vogues "Never Gonna Get it?" where was the Sass, swag, and killer choreography? Destiny's child Bills Bills Bills? Jumpin Jumpin'? anyone.  Pussy Cat Dolls was used, how about "Don't Cha"? Uggh the routine wrote itself!

Sad to see Heather go. I didn't care if she won or not, but she had some good Dances in her (as I said on her thread) I wanted to see her go to the finals so I could see those dances..

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

I'm old, and I enjoyed it..: )

I'm old, and I enjoyed it in that it made me laugh so hard I thought I might pee my pants. I was incredibly entertained, but Rashad is the only one of the four that I thought was at all sexy during that Magic Mike stuff.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't know if Nancy was actually in jeopardy (I would bet it was actually Bonner or Nick) but if they were trying to scare Nancy fans, it worked on me. I'll definitely be voting my but off now.

Time to activate the VPN,  I used it for James,  I hope it will work for Nancy

• Love 1

I m sorry but I see everyone complaining about ringer this or ringer that but this show is called dancing with the stars not dancing with non dancers or people who can't dance or dancing with personality. I loved the first two seasons of dwts ,it was enjoyable and most of the contestants were somewhat good dancers now everyone just complains about ringers . I find it boring to watch people that can't dance. So you guys are telling me ,if they bring actual stars that can dance you wouldn't watch ? 

Anyways today's episode sucked. I only enjoyed Nancy ,normani ,Heather and Rashad . The others need to do better. The girl group dance looked good until the lights went off (sabotage?)

also let's talk about how all the girls were in jeopardy...

• Love 8

Simone's boots in her first dance looked like they didn't fit her.  Her feet were super awkward.  And all that stuff about Sasha not being good looking or sexy?  She knew they'd use it, so unless they forced her to say that, she chose to put it out there.  Add that to the constant gymnastic blather about her protected life which I'm thoroughly sick of by now... I guess I just don't like Simone.

The thing about Normani's "When I grow up" that I thought was a bit odd was how many times she looked like she was about to lose her balance or fall over.

This is the show where I decided that Britt from the troupe needs to be Britt the pro.  And I'm so glad that Jenna's gone.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedFiat said:

Now here's a girl, Normani who says she has danced since she was 3 and danced competitively since she was 9 . Why the hell can't Val give her ACTUAL Ballroom and Latin choreography?  She has been riding her jazz and hip hop dance style for at least half the competition. If anything let's start with a low bar and dance a prescribed dance style. 

She's marching toward that mirrorball unopposed I think.... but I kinda get what you are saying. I have a teeny critique of something I see her doing. It's ever so slight, but I keep noticing it. When she kicks, at the height of the extension, she tends to bring her body to her leg. Again it's picky, but it's there. I'm surprised CAI hasn't mentioned it.

2 minutes ago, Sstt said:

Anyways today's episode sucked. I only enjoyed Nancy ,normani ,Heather and Rashad . The others need to do better. The girl group dance looked good until the lights went off (sabotage?)

I think so. My theory is that Bonner went running up to the production area and turned off the lights because he knew they were going to be better than him. It's always the no-personality ones that you have to watch out for.

I've got my eye on you now, Bonner. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Venee said:

She's marching toward that mirrorball unopposed I think.... but I kinda get what you are saying. I have a teeny critique of something I see her doing. It's ever so slight, but I keep noticing it. When she kicks, at the height of the extension, she tends to bring her body to her leg. Again it's picky, but it's there. I'm surprised CAI hasn't mentioned it.

Disagree, I think Rashad has a damn good chance of beating her out. I don't really want Simone to win as the gymnast winning again does get incredibly boring. It's starting to look like a nailed on Rashad, Normani, Simone final unless David and his huge fan following bumps one of them out.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Heather never had the fan base to make it that far. She was always going to be the "surprise" boot. Sad to see her go. Would it be too much to ask that her and Maks do a freestyle at the finale even though they're no longer in the competition? Because she would kill that.

Back on S5 the Sabrina fans successfully lobbied for a freestyle from her + Mark despite having been eliminated in week 6.  In a case of "careful what you wish for", they danced a cha cha and she damn near ripped his arm off.  He made it through the dance with his arm kinda dangling and it was reported that he collapsed in pain as soon as he got backstage and was rushed off by ambulance.  I don't think any other eliminated couple has gotten a featured dance in the finale since then.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

awww Pasha <3

there was no need for the announcement, and he could have danced in the mask. The moment Cheslee started doing her solo it was clear. Choreography is SO Pasha. Can DWTS steal him from SCD, please?

Surprisingly i LOVED Heather's rumba. I'm usually rather meh one her dances, noticing dood technique but not connecting. Tonight girl was MONEY.

But better her than Nancy, sorry. Girls should have been safe anyway. I'm kinda hoping that Nancy wasn't really in the b2 and it was a move, just like with Normani last week, to boost up her votes. Though I can't imagine Normani needing it. Every time i search twitter for #DWTS it's Normani, Normani, Normani.... and... Normani.

Edited by vavera4ka
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Venee said:

This is beginning look more and more like a Season 5 finale (Mel B vs Helio Castroneves) - with a singer and athlete in the finals (Normani and Rashad).

And in Season 5, it was the non-dancer that ultimately bested the person with more stage, dance experience.

Edited by escape
  • Love 3

My non enjoyment of the boys' shirtless dance was because I was embarrassed by it. I enjoy Rashad shirtless, the rest, not so much. I didn't get to see Rashad's dance tonight, one dog had hogtied the other dog with their tethers and I had to save the hind legs of the hogtied dog! They are in a fenced yard, but they both jump, climb and dig under the fences, I can't have them doing that. The one that does the hogtying will be leaving the first of June.

Back to the shirtless dancing, in the 70s when I lived in a different part of the country, I was young and I frequently went to a bar with male dancers, I enjoyed it, but it kind of embarrassed me then. In the 90s, I had moved back to my home town, a friend invited me to join her and friends to attend a male dance show that was in town. I went, but all I could think while the young men were stripped down to their skives was "does your mother know what you are doing?" And frequently I feel that with this show. I enjoy the dancing, but frequently wish they'd put more clothes on. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sstt said:

I m sorry but I see everyone complaining about ringer this or ringer that but this show is called dancing with the stars not dancing with non dancers or people who can't dance or dancing with personality. I loved the first two seasons of dwts ,it was enjoyable and most of the contestants were somewhat good dancers now everyone just complains about ringers . I find it boring to watch people that can't dance. So you guys are telling me ,if they bring actual stars that can dance you wouldn't watch ? 

also let's talk about how all the girls were in jeopardy...

Stars is a very overused word in this show. Honestly, for the past few seasons, I only knew a couple of them. Even then, stars was questionable. Ringers do give us some good dancing to watch, but unless they have the personality to go with, get the hook. I'll vote for the ones that make me smile..

Nancy, I do like her, but her anxiety every.single.week, I'd rather mute her until she dances...

• Love 2

I felt for David when Carrie Ann put him on the spot.  I HATE when people are like, "Gee, whatever could be the matter, are you upset?" when someone is clearly annoyed.  Read a fucking room, Carrie Ann.  

It sucks when people are painted into a box with their given song and then called out on it.  And really?  A rumba to "Waterfalls" and not "Red Light Special"?  Missed opportunity, show.

• Love 15

I do t know. I think I'm done now with this season. I can already see a Simone win and I'm not into it. And I loved Laurie last season but I'm already tired of a giggling gymnast. Maybe I'll watch the finale, they always put fun things in the super packed episode. I just am over everyone who's left and their thing, whether It's Bonner and Sharna and the not romance, the forth haramonu girl and too much traveling- and didn't Val do this story with his real housewives partner? or Nancy and her panic.. I just can't.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

Stars is a very overused word in this show. Honestly, for the past few seasons, I only knew a couple of them. 

Nancy, I do like her, but her anxiety every.single.week, I'd rather mute her until she dances...

I was generous with the word "stars" ,when was the last time they had an actual star that was still popping . 

Nancy and David have been complaining a lot . I am giving Nancy the benefit of the doubt but David just retired it's not like he wasn't used to training (his acting sucks too ,all of things to complain about ..his ear ?)

15 minutes ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

I felt for David when Carrie Ann put him on the spot.  I HATE when people are like, "Gee, whatever could be the matter, are you upset?" when someone is clearly annoyed.  Read a fucking room, Carrie Ann.  

It sucks when people are painted into a box with their given song and then called out on it.  And really?  A rumba to "Waterfalls" and not "Red Light Special"?  Missed opportunity, show.

Its CA, the lift police. I take note of very little she has to say. I look forward to the next time she falls off her chair.

• Love 10

Why wasn't Nick Carter sitting in Julianne's chair? Does he hate Bruno?

Nice try Carrie Ann saying that you're 20 years older than Normani. More like 30.

The judges were right that David & Emma's lifts were too ambitious. That kind of stuff should be left to the Barrionuevos and Laricis of this world.

I've enjoyed watching Heather much more than Bonner or Bachelor Nick. I didn't need her to make the finals, but she should have outlasted at least those two.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I do t know. I think I'm done now with this season. I can already see a Simone win and I'm not into it. And I loved Laurie last season but I'm already tired of a giggling gymnast. Maybe I'll watch the finale, they always put fun things in the super packed episode. I just am over everyone who's left and their thing, whether It's Bonner and Sharna and the not romance, the forth haramonu girl and too much traveling- and didn't Val do this story with his real housewives partner? or Nancy and her panic.. I just can't.

Sadly quite a few people feel this way, including me.

All I remember is Rashad on a chair, an arched back and some trailing hands.  And dim lighting so I couldn't see David.

Band, thy murdered voices ruin all dances for me.  Begone pitchy wails of horror.

Speaking of dim lighting it's too bad we couldn't see the end of the ladies dance proper.  It wasn't great but it still left me hanging.

• Love 4

Someone upthread mentioned Britt from the troupe and I second the notion of promoting her! Good Lawd she is Incredible! We like to talk about Gleb and his constant "sexy" narrative. That 10 or so seconds that he and Britt danced during the Bumper was Chemistry on steroids!

2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Unfortunately, the best dancers don't always win or get to the finals. There have been lots of dancers who got farther than they should have like Kate Gosselin and Bristol Palin. 

Truth. My sister doesn't watch the show as much. I was talking to her tonight. I told her the shows premise is to vote for your favorite dancer not the best. She then asked me what was the point of the scores.....

• Love 2

Well that was a bummer.

I think this is the first time a Rumba had my full and complete attention. Actually, I couldn't look away. I thought that was fabulous and possibly one of the best dances on the show since I've been watching.

These might have been the worst group dances, however.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Unfortunately, the best dancers don't always win or get to the finals. There have been lots of dancers who got farther than they should have like Kate Gosselin and Bristol Palin. 

Kirstie Alley never should have gotten anywhere near second place.

I think that's what's most surprising to me about tonight's elimination. It shows me that Maks is not the draw he used to be. Not so much that he went out so early with a professional dancer (because I think his lack of chemistry with Heather, as well as her lack of personality, were big factors in her elimination) but more that he went out the same week he returned. In the past, him being back would have been enough to keep them around for at least a few more weeks.

• Love 5

I'm disappointed heather was eliminated this early especially after her dance tonight. I would honestly prefer any of the guys except rashad to go first. At the least Heather should have beaten out bonner and nick (really David too but I feel his personality will keep him around a while). It was just too early for Heather to go when several others are much worse. None of the girls should have been eliminated tonight. 

• Love 5

Everything seemed off tonight. Nick was a bad guest judge too. Telling Nancy she blew his mind and giving her an 8 and basically saying he idolizes David and Rashad by giving them higher tham the other three judges gave them. His one season as a runner up qualifies him? I doubt he's watched any season besides his own. By that logic and me seeing every season and learning so much, I qualify more honestly. I can tell a heel lead, footwork, etc.

Simone got hosed by a song that is in NO WAY a Samba. The band tried by upping the tempo and adding some beats, but it got so muddled it must have been hard to keep up the tempo and counts for Simone and Sasha to choreograph it.

Heather was perfection. Tonight continues the eliminated celeb getting their best comments and scores. Look out for that next week. No way should she have gone now. Maybe like Week 8 or 9 , but not now in 8th place.

Nancy was never gonna live up to Mel B's Paso and i smelled total manipulation that Nancy exposed of "them" changing her boots last minute. Skaters are trained for the need of proper fitting footwear. She still was solid.

Normani was great. I saw plenty of Salsa content and Len has given 9's and 10's to other dances with less content if I recall in past seasons. He seems to always pick a female star to pick on in the beginning and middle and then around Week 8 he turns the key and it's all 9's and 10's. We saw it with Mya, Nicole, Shawn in All Stars, Amber, and some others too.

Calling all the women in jeopardy before the dances really hampered how I felt about their dance, it made me enjoy it less knowing one was going. They danced more and got harsher critique and the men basically jumped around and stripped but the crowd and judges ate it up, basically this show in a nutshell.

Edited by PBGamer89
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Kirstie Alley never should have gotten anywhere near second place.

I think that's what's most surprising to me about tonight's elimination. It shows me that Maks is not the draw he used to be. Not so much that he went out so early with a professional dancer (because I think his lack of chemistry with Heather, as well as her lack of personality, were big factors in her elimination) but more that he went out the same week he returned. In the past, him being back would have been enough to keep them around for at least a few more weeks.

You're right about Maks, he definitely isn't the voting machine he used to be. I feel like their are two main reasons for that, firstly he now has a mirrorball so people don't feel the need to help him win his first one (Sharna seems to be the pro benefiting the most from this narrative now) and secondly since he's been gone Val has completely overtaken him in popularity and stolen the spotlight and I expect a lot of votes from him. Speaking of Maks, did anyone catch that shade he threw at Alan upon elimination? Don't flatter yourself Maks, it was your awful Jazz choreography that got Heather eliminated, not Alan's lack of a fanbase. Honestly been so disappointed at his behaviour this season, he should have stayed retired.

• Love 16

I quit watching this popularity contest years ago and just watch the dances on youtube the next morning. I agree that it's horrible to pit someone with dance experience against someone who hasn't danced - but it's been that way since day 1 and why it's solely a popularity contest. Despite Heather having a dancing background - many of the others also have dance experience - gymnists / skaters take dance as well as many male athletes to improve their balance, flexibility and endurance.

Even the band members have rhythmic ability  - they dance onstage - in their videos, concerts ect - so they are far from being new to dancing. As big as their fan base may be - David, Bonner and Nick should have been set to the curb way before Heather.

• Love 1