Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Is..is she really comparing herself to burn victims and amputees? She can f right off with that, that makes me so angry.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Dot said:

Oh she is so full of it, the story of her youth changes every time she tells it and NO amputees and burn victims are Not comparable to the obese or people with chosen body art or modifications. Nothing at all wrong with body art but it is a choice just like her lifestyle is a choice.

• Love 10

Oh she is so full of it, the story of her youth changes every time she tells it and NO amputees and burn victims are Not comparable to the obese or people with chosen body art or modifications. Nothing at all wrong with body art but it is a choice just like her lifestyle is a choice.

I am bewildered. She isn't "limitless." We just saw that her limit is apparently somewhere short of an 8K. Everyone has limits and there is nothing wrong with that. She would be better able to push and challenges those limits if she had a healthier - and yes, by "healthier" I mean "smaller" body. She says "there's nothing you can't do" but in fact, there is a long list of things she can't do - put on shoes; shave her own legs; rub lotion on her backside. Again- everyone has things they can't do but she could do more if she lost weight.

And maybe she felt that people told her she "didn't deserve" to pursue her dreams or have the life that she wanted. Maybe people actually did say that or they said something different and that's what she heard. But I don't think that so much of what people are telling her has anything at all to do with what she "deserves." I think what people are telling her is that her weight is going to limit what she can do to achieve happiness. She may deserve to be "the best dancer" but when she can't even walk more than a few feet without being out of breath, she isn't going to be the best dancer. Whether or not she "deserves" it is irrelevant. It simply isn't possible.

• Love 15

She probably doesn't eat enough in that she doesn't sit down to a well planned meal with plenty of protein and fiber to have her feeling satiated. She ends up hungry all of the time with blood sugar levels all over the place. And the fat/carb/sugar combination is a great buzz. I've never noticed the clan sitting down to a meal of anything but pizza or cake. I have terrible issues with stress eating but I do try to eat healthy, clean foods about 75% of the time. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

I've never noticed the clan sitting down to a meal of anything but pizza or cake.

Or Mattie's fried chicken, but they haven't done that since her banishment this season. :-)

• Love 6

I've never noticed the clan sitting down to a meal of anything but pizza or cake.

There was some sort of chicken dinner at Glenn and Babs's house - the one where Whitney announced her impending conversion to Judaism and then demanded that Hunter cut her broccoli. I remember thinking the chicken looked pretty tasty...

• Love 5

I can believe that Whitney doesn't eat before 9 PM, though.  It's like this.  Coffee has no calories, right?  So, by extension, if you get a Frappuccino from Starbucks, that also has no calories, since it's made with coffee.  And if you have them make it with heavy cream--well, the heavy cream is going into a zero-calorie Frappuccino, which means that it now has no calories.  And then if you ask them to add 13 shots of caramel syrup to it, well, you're adding 13 shots of caramel to a zero-calorie heavy-cream Frappuccino, so that means the entire drink has no calories.  And then, if you get a giant cookie at the same time, well, you're going to be eating the giant cookie with the zero-calorie 13-caramel-shot heavy-cream Frappuccino, which means the cookie now has no calories.  And just like that, you've gone into Starbuck and come out without eating anything at all.  And if you keep doing that the entire day, well, pretty soon it's 9 PM and you have eaten absolutely nothing.  You'll be so hungry, you'll have no choice but to eat a pizza and a bunch of banana-mayo sandwiches.  It's a vicious cycle.

Stupid coffee.

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I can believe that Whitney doesn't eat before 9 PM, though.  It's like this.  Coffee has no calories, right?  So, by extension, if you get a Frappuccino from Starbucks, that also has no calories, since it's made with coffee.  And if you have them make it with heavy cream--well, the heavy cream is going into a zero-calorie Frappuccino, which means that it now has no calories.  And then if you ask them to add 13 shots of caramel syrup to it, well, you're adding 13 shots of caramel to a zero-calorie heavy-cream Frappuccino, so that means the entire drink has no calories.  And then, if you get a giant cookie at the same time, well, you're going to be eating the giant cookie with the zero-calorie 13-caramel-shot heavy-cream Frappuccino, which means the cookie now has no calories.  And just like that, you've gone into Starbuck and come out without eating anything at all.  And if you keep doing that the entire day, well, pretty soon it's 9 PM and you have eaten absolutely nothing.  You'll be so hungry, you'll have no choice but to eat a pizza and a bunch of banana-mayo sandwiches.  It's a vicious cycle.

Stupid coffee.

LOL. Have you ever read Janet Evanovich books? There is a character in those books who counts calories just like this LOL

• Love 6
On 2/26/2018 at 1:43 PM, Kid said:

1)  She’s probably not lying. She probably did eat just one meal a day.That one meal starts from the minute she wakes up to the minute she goes to sleep at night. The same thing I was doing the last five years I worked and managed to get up to 230 pounds on a 5 foot 5 frame.  Been there done that.

In fairness, somewhere around middle school, I started skipping breakfast. So I'd eat lunch and dinner. I didn't snack during the day (as school there wasn't a chance) and I'd eat an early dinner with my brother and then didn't really snack throughout the night. From there, I would skip breakfast AND lunch in HS. "lunch" at best was a 12oz can of coke and a bag of chips from the vending machine. Relatively normal dinner. The one-meal-a-day trend got cemented in college and grad school. I didn't skip all day to then eat all night, but what I did eat at night was generally crap. And it did have a very negative impact on my weight. I never ate entire pizzas at a sitting or anything quite to that extent, but I was NOT eating what anyone in their wildest dreams could consider healthy. It basically took an A1C in the pre-diabetic range back in 2010 that triggered all sorts of panic by my doctor at the time (which was crazy since I had no symptoms or complications from the high A1C and it was just barely over the normal range) to get my to change my eating habits. I still struggle to make myself stop and eat lunch, but I've cut out so many of the junk foods and unhealthy habits that I'd had for so long. 

All that to say, Whit may not eat more than one meal a day, but we've seen what her meal look like and she may not be aware of how much snacking or how many fancy, calorie-laden Starbucks drinks she has in a day. And it's probably wrecked her metabolism to boot. And in Twit's case, it probably IS more a case of one meal that starts in the morning and ends in the evening. 

• Love 6
On 3/2/2018 at 9:19 PM, Dot said:

"You are limitless" - okay. So where are the clips of Twit (not) skiiing? And (not) able to keep up with Todd's choreography? And (not) able to WALK an 8K? Oh... wait... that would be showing her limits. Uh-huh. Yeah. Limitless. 

• Love 12
(edited)
On 3/4/2018 at 2:37 PM, 3girlsforus said:

LOL. Have you ever read Janet Evanovich books? There is a character in those books who counts calories just like this LOL

I LOVE Lula! Her best diet was when she decided to eat no more than one donut a day. Then decided ONE meant one with maple glaze, one with sprinkles, one with chocolate icing, one jelly-filled, one . . .

I can see Whit "dieting" this way. ?

Edited by Dot
corrected Lula's name
  • Love 8

My friend and I used just this logic to justify eating an entire bag of reese's miniature peanut butter cups in one sitting - washed down with Diet Coke. Of course, we were 16 and had teenaged metabolisms...

banana-mayo sandwiches

I remember Whitney making herself one of these and Glenn trading her a turkey sausage and egg white sandwich for it. I LOVE mayo but it was nearly ruined for me forever by the idea of a banana-mayo sandwich. Didn't she make it on white bread too?

I just saw a commercial for Naked and Afraid. I'd like to nominate Whitney for this series.

She does love to be naked.

• Love 4
On 2/26/2018 at 4:37 PM, gigiann said:

OMG OMG OMG  I wanted to kill her.  She is 67 years old pretending like she has never been to a fast food drive thru in her life. 

It would be great if the person at the window greeted her with "hi, haven't seen you in a couple of days."

• Love 9
(edited)
On 2/27/2018 at 6:18 PM, Elizzikra said:

She can't shave her legs or tie her own shoes.

Picky, picky, picky.
And I remembered to open the link from 3girlsforus in an incognito window, so maybe it won't follow me.
BUT, the last item on that page, also on back order, is a Freedom Wand extension.
This is certainly putting me in a better mood than Facebook.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Or Mattie's fried chicken, but they haven't done that since her banishment this season. :-)

Is she no longer in the inner circle?  Did she side with Todd on the dance class?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

Picky, picky, picky.
And I remembered to open the link from 3girlsforus in an incognito window, so maybe it won't follow me.
BUT, the last item on that page, also on back order, is a Freedom Wand extension.
This is certainly putting me in a better mood that Facebook.

We need someone to post under the name "Freedom Wanda."

• Love 5
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

Is she no longer in the inner circle?  Did she side with Todd on the dance class?

I read maybe on here Maddie was openly campaigning for her own TLC and as we know, no one is allowed to be the center, but Whitley, so I think Maddie’s “role” might have been decreased.  Also, they not in BGDC that much and I guess Whitney ain’t getting weaves like she use to or maybe from someone different.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2018 at 4:37 PM, 3girlsforus said:

22 hours ago, Dot said:

I LOVE Lula! Her best diet was when she decided to eat no more than one donut a day. Then decided ONE meant one with maple glaze, one with sprinkles, one with chocolate icing, one jelly-filled, one . . .

I can see Whit "dieting" this way. ?

I haven't read this author, but good on her for creating a character that counts calories scientificastically and with accurish-ness.

• Love 4

It appears that ol' Whit will be peddling the 'No Body Shame' agenda on Megyn Kelly Today this week. 

Since I can't look away from this train wreck, I suppose I'll DVR it. The horror will be compounded by the fact that I'll have to see/listen to fake fake fake Megyn at the same time. Arghh! 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, HahYallDoin said:

It appears that ol' Whit will be peddling the 'No Body Shame' agenda on Megyn Kelly Today this week. 

Since I can't look away from this train wreck, I suppose I'll DVR it. The horror will be compounded by the fact that I'll have to see/listen to fake fake fake Megyn at the same time. Arghh! 

I hope you’ll share with us what happens on the show! This pair-up tells me that Megan Kelly can’t get better guests than Whitney, and Whitney can’t manage to get better media exposure than going on Megan’s show.  It’ll be two awful people in one interview.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

I hope you’ll share with us what happens on the show! This pair-up tells me that Megan Kelly can’t get better guests than Whitney, and Whitney can’t manage to get better media exposure than going on Megan’s show.  It’ll be two awful people in one interview.

You summed it up quite precisely! 

Yep, I'll share for sure. The promo I saw tonight didn't specify which day and it also didn't name Whitney, rather referred to her as a 'brave woman' while showing a picture. I had to rewind to make sure I'd seen and heard correctly. 

Pretty bad she's been on tv now for a few years and yet she's a woman with no name, just a picture, for promo purposes. Ha! Bet that stung her right in the heart! 

• Love 7
On 3/4/2018 at 9:52 PM, Elizzikra said:

I LOVE mayo but it was nearly ruined for me forever by the idea of a banana-mayo sandwich. Didn't she make it on white bread too?

She seriously made a BANANA MAYO sandwich? That sounds disgusting! Really?

That's almost as bad as my Dad and his "Brown Sugar Sandwiches". White bread, a bunch of butter, and brown sugar. As a treat after work, before dinner. I should add that he was incredibly skinny his whole life and never developed diabetes or weighed more than like 140 lbs (6 feet tall) his whole life. If I could figure out how to have inherited his metabolism instead of my Mom's, believe me, I would have.

He was also a big fan of the Fluffer Nutter (peanut butter marshmallow creme sandwiches).

But the banana-mayo sandwich is a new one on me.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

You summed it up quite precisely! 

Yep, I'll share for sure. The promo I saw tonight didn't specify which day and it also didn't name Whitney, rather referred to her as a 'brave woman' while showing a picture. I had to rewind to make sure I'd seen and heard correctly. 

Pretty bad she's been on tv now for a few years and yet she's a woman with no name, just a picture, for promo purposes. Ha! Bet that stung her right in the heart! 

I'm not beyond hoping that Megyn will show a bit of the 8k ftom the last episode.

But I think not because of fat backlash and the fake sympathy that Megyn will employ. Plus the rundown of Twit's greatest excuses for her weight. 

Doubt that we'll see Twit walk out to the stage or get up from the chair.  THAT would be interesting tv--to see how fabulous and fit Twit's morbid obesity is serving her most recently.

Yuck otherwise, to both of them. 

• Love 7

Purebred Bible-belt Southerner here, and can attest to the banana-mayo sandwich as one that was eaten, but not often and only during times of financial strain. I think I've had maybe three in my entire life. The catch is, though, you can't use just plain mayo, you have to use Duke's (it's a little sweeter). You don't load the sandwiches with bananas and mayo -- a little goes a long way. And most importantly, you never eat more than one in a sitting, and even then, just one is plenty to share with a friend or family member!

• Love 6

She seriously made a BANANA MAYO sandwich? That sounds disgusting! Really?

Purebred Bible-belt Southerner here, and can attest to the banana-mayo sandwich as one that was eaten, but not often and only during times of financial strain. I think I've had maybe three in my entire life. The catch is, though, you can't use just plain mayo, you have to use Duke's (it's a little sweeter). You don't load the sandwiches with bananas and mayo -- a little goes a long way. And most importantly, you never eat more than one in a sitting, and even then, just one is plenty to share with a friend or family member!

She did indeed. She said what Senshus Woman said - that it was a southern thing. My mom's side of the family is from the south but that's a new one on me (maybe we aren't south enough). I thought it was revolting.

Glenn did talk her into trading - his healthy breakfast sandwich for her banana/mayo monstrosity. She traded reluctantly then complained the entire time. I believe Glenn did eat the banana-mayo thing, so it's definitely a thing in their family - not just some gross thing Whitney dreamed up.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

Didn't Megyn get into trouble a few months ago by allegedly fat shaming overweight people? I guess we can expect solemn respect for Whitney's civil rights struggle from any interview Megyn does now.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Didn't Megyn get into trouble a few months ago by allegedly fat shaming overweight people? I guess we can expect solemn respect for Whitney's civil rights struggle from any interview Megyn does now.

There was something about Megyn having asked her stepfather to call her a fatass every time she walked into the kitchen. She wanted him to do it because she wanted help controlling her weight, and she said it worked. Basically, she was asking her stepfather to fat shame her. I don't think she was fat shaming other people-- just talking about herself and it got blown into "She's talking about US!!" by the Fat Defense League or whatever they are. FWIW I am not really a Megyn fan and am not one to defend her, but I don't think she was out to bash fat people.

According to this, Whitney will be on tomorrow morning between 9 and 10. It will ask you to turn off your ad blocker if you have one.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-Upcoming-Guests-On-TODAY-SHOW-35-316-on-NBC-20180302

Wednesday, March 7

(7-9 a.m.) Hoda Kotb on I've Loved You Since Forever. Adam Rippon on Today. Matt de la Pena on Love.

(9-10 a.m.) Megyn Kelly TODAY: Hailee Steinfeld. Whitney Thore on TLC's 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life'. She Made it Series.

(10-11 a.m.) In THE KITCHEN with Ryan Scott. John Cena on Today. Who Knew.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Was watching The Joel McHale Show, and he was making fun of the whole Todd and rubbing the 'chub rub' cream on her.

Too funny.

I've been trying to find McHale's new "soup" show since I heard it was back. What channel is it on?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dot said:

I've been trying to find McHale's new "soup" show since I heard it was back. What channel is it on?

It’s on Netflix now.

I saw the segment—it was very funny.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2018 at 5:18 PM, MrHufflepuff said:

Stupid coffee.

I may have used this logic back in college with regards to dunking double stuff Oreos in skim milk...

• Love 1

I think any journalist would hate the prospect of interviewing Whit. If she calls her on her crap she will be accused of fat shaming. If she just lets Whit tell her “story” as is, she’ll be enabling the crap. 

• Love 7
On 3/4/2018 at 2:03 PM, Elizzikra said:

There was some sort of chicken dinner at Glenn and Babs's house - the one where Whitney announced her impending conversion to Judaism and then demanded that Hunter cut her broccoli. I remember thinking the chicken looked pretty tasty...

Soooo - is Twit still going to convert?  hahahahaha 

• Love 11

The Megyn Kelly segment is mostly the same Whitney crap, different interview. Kelly is sickening because she is playing Whitney up as some kind of champion of obese people with the no body shame stuff, along with putting a "success" spin on all of Whit's failures. OMG the stuff that is coming out of her mouth. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

The Megyn Kelly segment is mostly the same Whitney crap, different interview. Kelly is sickening because she is playing Whitney up as some kind of champion of obese people with the no body shame stuff, along with putting a "success" spin on all of Whit's failures. OMG the stuff that is coming out of her mouth. 

Thanks for taking one for the team.  I think I'll go trim my toenails and skip this one.  At least I CAN trim my own toenails.  LOL.

• Love 17
(edited)
10 hours ago, Christi said:

Im guessing the pig is dead...assholes

And that pisses me off to no end.  That pig was a storyline and ended up paying the price. I am so done with the show. I am sick to death of her, and when they start involving animals like the pig and the horse that they forced to carry her enormous carcass, I draw the line.  The horse was bad enough, the pig was the last straw for me.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 11

Im guessing the pig is dead...assholes

I too think that Alastair "Piggy" McPiggleston has shed this mortal coil. I'm curious about how he died. He was young and it seemed that the rescue they took him to was reputable (I mean, from the five minutes we saw them on the show). I wonder if he had some sort of genetic condition???

Rest in peace Piggy. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

OMG . . . she found a shirt with kind-of sleeves!!!!  

It looks like a waaaaaaay looser version of that turquoise one she constantly wears in the 'talking head' portions of the show.

And thank the gods for sleeves! Maybe she's finally listening to Babs.

• Love 5

I was thinking "wow, Whitney looks a lot better in that pic than usual, I wonder why," then y'all hit on it: SLEEVES. They really help with that ham-hock upper arm she is rocking. (I am so sorry, I was trying to come up with a less obnoxious descriptor but I simply cannot.)

• Love 10

OMG, I saw this comment on her FB page from a Greensboro city councilman and I almost died, then I realized he was being sincere and he actually likes the show. I had hoped he was throwing A+ shade.

Capture.JPG

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

OMG, I saw this comment on her FB page from a Greensboro city councilman and I almost died, then I realized he was being sincere and he actually likes the show. I had hoped he was throwing A+ shade.

Capture.JPG

"My Big Fat BUTT Life!" And he's NOT throwin' shade?

I saw the last 2 minutes of the interview. Megyn sez, "You seem truly joyful."

And Twit goes, "Oh, I am!" And then goes on about her great support group, how she focuses on the positive, how gratifying to read how many are inspired by her . . .

In just those 2 minutes, my ears were ringing from the loud guffawing; I don't see how Megyn stood it up close & personal for an entire interview.

And Twit -- focusing on the positive? C'mon. What about the depression? The therapist? You, Twit, were just your usual Big, Fat, Lying Self.

I'm tweeting Megyn today to let her know she was duped by a fraud.

• Love 13