Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Has no one sat Whitney down and told her that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise?  It doesn’t matter how many fake dance classes she pretends to teach. it doesn’t matter how many inappropriate CrossFit workouts she tries to do or how many 8Ks she struggles through. She has to change what and how much she eats.  She will never be able to out exercise her terrible diet.

People have told Whitney lots of things. She doesn’t listen 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t know that we’d ever know with her since she’s so ‘anti-weight loss’. In fact I’m surprised she doesn’t scold those commending her for looking smaller. Didn’t she just say she doesn’t celebrate weight loss? 

I've noticed (too) that she never scolds her fans for complimenting her on her supposed weight loss, even though she doesn't "believe" in weight loss as a goal. And even though she insists that she does NOT want to lose weight, and has said so more than once, her fans keep telling her how skinny she looks.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, cherenkov said:

I feel like the only way FunDip could get more stereotypically American is if it was battered and deep fried.

I thought some of those things started in the UK, like deep friend Mars bars.

2 hours ago, auntjess said:
7 hours ago, cherenkov said:

I feel like the only way FunDip could get more stereotypically American is if it was battered and deep fried.

I thought some of those things started in the UK, like deep friend Mars bars.

I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough, I could find a recipe somewhere where it's been battered and deep fried. I mean, they deep fry whole sticks of butter and "baconnaise" which is a bacon flavored mayo, beer, sugar cubesJello, and Kool-Aid. Anyone want to ask Twit if she's ever tried one of these?

Edited by MegD
fixed weird paragraph spacing
3 hours ago, MegD said:

I mean, they deep fry whole sticks of butter

One year I was in Dallas during the Texas State Fair, so I went to check it out. Deep fried butter.

Considering Shitney's served fried chicken with dumplings, I'd bet she'd be all over that. I can just see Dr. Now saying "Whitney, when you 500 lb, deep fry not part of your diet."

• Love 5

Well, you guys have evidently missed one of my favorite reality competition shows: Deep Fried Masters. It was on the Cooking Channel quite a while ago but I saw some re-runs more recently.  The judges were quite colorful and had found success cooking carnival food. I found it especially interesting because the taste and creativity of the food was judged as well as the cost effectiveness of preparing it in quantity. If you can find it I highly recommend it. I think there was only one season which is a real shame.

Similar, but not quite as good is Carnival Eats. The host goes from carnival to carnival tasting GIANT portions of artery cloggers. I haven't checked to see if Spam is in there somewhere but I wouldn't be surprised because chicken gizzards were featured at one fair.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Well, you guys have evidently missed one of my favorite reality competition shows: Deep Fried Masters. It was on the Cooking Channel quite a while ago but I saw some re-runs more recently.  The judges were quite colorful and had found success cooking carnival food. I found it especially interesting because the taste and creativity of the food was judged as well as the cost effectiveness of preparing it in quantity. If you can find it I highly recommend it. I think there was only one season which is a real shame.

Similar, but not quite as good is Carnival Eats. The host goes from carnival to carnival tasting GIANT portions of artery cloggers. I haven't checked to see if Spam is in there somewhere but I wouldn't be surprised because chicken gizzards were featured at one fair.

I love Carnival Eats and other travel food shows. Makes me want to plan a vacation just touring around to some of these yummy places. 

In case you can’t find a fair with deep fried spam, here is a recipe for Chicken Fried spam. Similar and served with gravy and mashed potatoes. 

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/chicken-fried-spam-247582

• Love 2

So I looked around to see if Deep Fried Masters was available anywhere for viewing. (Yes. YouTube for $1.99.) Came across some articles about the show. One of the judges is known as the Corn Dog King, another "invented" deep-fried Coke, deep-fried butter and deep-fried cookie dough and does so well that he only works three weeks a year.

Yeah, I have been to my share of carnivals and fairs. I don't eat meat so there is a lot that doesn't tempt me. However, there is some fine Pad Thai to be had at the Woodstock, CT fair as well as enormous Cinnamon Rolls  and Eclairs. At Marshfield, MA judging from the number of people walking around with one, it seemed as if the 1/4 lb maple glazed bacon on a stick was very popular. The Common Ground Country Fair in Unity, Maine boasts "healthy, Maine sourced, organic" fair food. For the longest time coffee was not permitted since it is not grown in Maine and the vendors who set up just outside the gates did great business. At the CGF the blooming onions, potato chips and maple doughnuts are quite delicious. (Sugar is not permitted to the best of my knowledge.) Grilled vegetables on naan was a favorite of mine. Now I am hungry.

In case you missed it, there's a cruise with Sweatney and her Barnacle Company for the low, low price of $1200 per person! Barnacle Heather also chimes in to state that they're going to be celebrating her birthday. Perchance it's the year in which she FINALLY gets over Buddy (the real 'star' of the series)?

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

In case you missed it, there's a cruise with Sweatney and her Barnacle Company! Barnacle Heather also chimes in to state that they're going to be celebrating her birthday. Perchance it's the year in which she FINALLY gets over Buddy (the real 'star' of the series)?

Does she get paid to go on the cruise? If so, how can I get this gig? Perhaps I should trotting out my very own  BIG GIRL POWER ZUMBA CLASS Y'ALL. Then post a Viral video of me shufflin' my feet, and shaking my cans around, and braying like a donkey.

Edited by Ravenna
  • Love 8

low, low price of $1200

OK. I could book an inside for $598, an outside for $639, a balcony for $768 and a mini suite for $1145 today.  Prices usually decrease as sailing date approaches. So now we know how much extra it will cost to rub shoulders with Twit and the Barnacles.

Having been on the same cruise line with a large group of Goths I remember that they were somewhat sequestered.  I wasn't in the group but for the fun of it attired myself in Steampunk and blended in on formal night.

Yeah, I'll pass on the opportunity to be one of the NOBS AT SEA.

Edited by Me from ME
Added a thought
  • Love 5

Well, we finally know how many cabins Twit has to sell to get freebies for herself, "family, friends and special guests."

Since the answer is 150, I assume that means she'll have 14 people besides her. I count 8 F&F, leaving room for 6 "special guests."

So, instead of all those freebies going to guests, she actually could give away 1 or 2 in a raffle or similar, like her fans always beg her to.

So, Twit or Heather, whichever one of you is reading the forum today, why not take my suggestion to heart?

Edited by Dot
bad math
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, cherenkov said:

One year I was in Dallas during the Texas State Fair, so I went to check it out. Deep fried butter.

Considering Shitney's served fried chicken with dumplings, I'd bet she'd be all over that. I can just see Dr. Now saying "Whitney, when you 500 lb, deep fry not part of your diet."

I heard that with Dr. Now's voice. lol

• Love 9

Well, we finally know how many cabins Twit has to sell to get freebies for herself, "family, friends and special guests."

Actually she is ignoring the question about the type of cabin for the stated price. I strongly doubt it is a mini-suite or even a balcony even though she clearly had a balcony when the arabesque/sprained toe incident occurred. My rough calculation of what is included in the price (tax, port fee, automatic gratuities, soft drink package, souvenir cup) adds up to $277.50. I don't have any idea what the special excursion might be or the value of it. So, I am going on the assumption that they are getting an inside or ocean view and the 150 cabins will go toward upgrading the star and barnacles to balcony cabins or mini suites.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I heard that with Dr. Now's voice. lol

"You not being hones about your eating habit."

Can you imagine her tweets about Dr. Now? She would be enraged.

But Whitney

20 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I've noticed (too) that she never scolds her fans for complimenting her on her supposed weight loss, even though she doesn't "believe" in weight loss as a goal. And even though she insists that she does NOT want to lose weight, and has said so more than once, her fans keep telling her how skinny she looks.

Has she ever bitten a hand that feeds her, other than her father's?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Actually she is ignoring the question about the type of cabin for the stated price. I strongly doubt it is a mini-suite or even a balcony even though she clearly had a balcony when the arabesque/sprained toe incident occurred. My rough calculation of what is included in the price (tax, port fee, automatic gratuities, soft drink package, souvenir cup) adds up to $277.50. I don't have any idea what the special excursion might be or the value of it. So, I am going on the assumption that they are getting an inside or ocean view and the 150 cabins will go toward upgrading the star and barnacles to balcony cabins or mini suites.

I wonder how many people went on the cruise last year. It didn't look like 150. They've blocked $180,000 worth of cabins

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I would bet tonight's lottery tickets that it's an inside cabin.  We are doing that exact itinerary in April.  Our base price (not counting all of the port fees and taxes) is approximately $1,200 each for a stateroom with a balcony.  We get no dance classes, no private parties.  If you factor in that part of that $1,200 is going towards paying for all the "free" rooms for Twit and the barnacles (and we know that at least Twit will have a mini-suite with balcony), the paying fans are going to be stuffed into inside cabins.  And that's the price per person, based on double occupancy.  If someone doesn't want to share or doesn't know anyone to share with, then double the cost.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Can you imagine her tweets about Dr. Now? She would be enraged.

OK, do you want her to see Dr. Lola, or Dr. Paradise?

3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

But Whitney swears the cabins are "going fast!"

Damn, wouldn't it be fun to book the same cruise as another group.  We could bring Keryn.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

In case you missed it, there's a cruise with Sweatney and her Barnacle Company for the low, low price of $1200 per person! Barnacle Heather also chimes in to state that they're going to be celebrating her birthday. Perchance it's the year in which she FINALLY gets over Buddy (the real 'star' of the series)?

How does she find the time to fit all of these damn cruises into her overwhelmingly busy life? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LivinLovinLife said:

I wonder how many people went on the cruise last year. It didn't look like 150. They've blocked $180,000 worth of cabins

I was wondering about that too, along with her interactions with her fans. I would have thought the minions would have weighed in on that by now. (Sad pun intended).

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, LivinLovinLife said:

At least she's responding to her fans who are asking questions and booking the cruise. She rarely interacts with her peeps

She ALWAYS interacts when she is selling something, esp the cruise.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

Damn, wouldn't it be fun to book the same cruise as another group.  We could bring Keryn.

And Avi and his current boo. And Jiya. And that woman who did the "Dear Fat People" video.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, cherenkov said:

My friend and I dared ourselves to eat fried butter at our state fair. Damn, I would do it again!

Twit has some interesting replies about the cruise to some of her fans. One of them commented about it costing more than most cruises since she needed to make money off it & Twit replied:

"It’s not really about me making money, it’s about everything that’s offered. If you were to book a regular cruise for the same ship/dates/etc, you would have no access to all the exclusive events we offer. I have to sell A LOT of cabins to even get ours for free, much less make any money on top of that!"

The poor fan immediately began groveling & stating she meant no harm.

Another asked, as many do with every cruise, about awarding a free cabin to one of her many loyal fans. Twit replied:

"This will be our third consecutive year! If we sell out I will be able to offer a freebie, but as it stands, I am still paying for my friends and fam!"

• Love 5

I just wanted to mention that to "sell out" the number of cabins she has blocked she would need 300 people because the fares are based on double occupancy. The "single supplement" is usually 100% for higher priced cabins/staterooms perhaps 75% for insides and outsides. That's why there is some discussion on sharing cabins. I have a really  hard time believing there are that many followers who would sign on and actually go on the cruise.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I just wanted to mention that to "sell out" the number of cabins she has blocked she would need 300 people because the fares are based on double occupancy. The "single supplement" is usually 100% for higher priced cabins/staterooms perhaps 75% for insides and outsides. That's why there is some discussion on sharing cabins. I have a really  hard time believing there are that many followers who would sign on and actually go on the cruise.

Or could afford to $-wise.

• Love 3

I know you are all kidding about a certain junket but... I actually have been thinking about it. Wouldn't it be funny to set up a GoFundMe account for a sociological study expedition?  Perhaps a scholarly paper on buffet behavior while at sea?

Now, those T-Shirts. I'm leaning toward:

NO BS.

Eating crap + avoiding exercise health

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I know you are all kidding about a certain junket but... I actually have been thinking about it. Wouldn't it be funny to set up a GoFundMe account for a sociological study expedition?  Perhaps a scholarly paper on buffet behavior while at sea?

Now, those T-Shirts. I'm leaning toward:

NO BS.

Eating crap + avoiding exercise health

I like this idea. Maybe get a grant for the study

• Love 5
On 3/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, auntjess said:

Dr. Lola!!!! I would NOT wish her on Dr. Paradise! She'd be all over him! And probably smother him or crush him. He had to deal with Assanti - let's give him a pass on this wreck! 

• Love 5
On 2018-03-15 at 6:29 PM, ClareWalks said:

But Whitney swears the cabins are "going fast!" Sure, Whit. They're probably going almost as fast as you did during that race.

I work in marketing, "going fast" is code for " we need to push this crap hard because no one is buying"

• Love 13

I just now watched this fool take a longish walk/limp with her nice  Dad during THE HAWAAIIAN VACATION HE BOUGHT FOR HER... she bitched like he had made her walk on a bed"o nails. What a Twwatt. I would have left her sobbing in her pile of Flab. There is not enough shame in the world for      her miserable existance

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ozzy said:

I just now watched this fool take a longish walk/limp with her nice  Dad during THE HAWAAIIAN VACATION HE BOUGHT FOR HER... she bitched like he had made her walk on a bed"o nails. What a Twwatt. I would have left her sobbing in her pile of Flab. There is not enough shame in the world for      her miserable existance

So they shortened the course of that thing to 4 miles.

Today I ran 4 miles.

Right after I finished running a half marathon.

Whitney is a wimp and a half.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

Today I ran 4 miles.

I ran 4 miles today too! (though minus the 13.1), and now I"m gonna drink a beer!

• Love 4
On 3/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, auntjess said:

A scathingly brilliant idea !   Yes, I borrowed that line from an old fav movie of mine.

• Love 3
On 3/15/2018 at 12:04 PM, Me from ME said:

I ate that once. At a bar. On a dare.

Never again! :-)

2 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Today I ran 4 miles.

Just to defend those of us closer to wimpland than 1/2 marathon:  

I could never run a 1/2 marathon. I am considering the idea of walking one someday. My daily workout is walking 4 miles. It takes me 62-63 minutes (with hills). My current goal is to get it under 1 hour. So I’m a bit of a wimp. 

But to me what makes Whitney a much bigger wimp than me is her whining and wailing. There is no getting around that a 4 mile walk is a big deal for someone her weight. If she had walked it, even at a glacial pace, without the dramatic fanfare I would have respected that. If she had stopped at the 5k without the dramatic fanfare, I would have respected that as well. But because of the wailing and moaning and crying and screaming, the fact that she finished is irrelevant to me. To me she lost any claim to an accomplishment by wailing like she was having surgery without anesthesia the entire time. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

But to me what makes Whitney a much bigger wimp than me is her whining and wailing. There is no getting around that a 4 mile walk is a big deal for someone her weight. If she had walked it, even at a glacial pace, without the dramatic fanfare I would have respected that. If she had stopped at the 5k without the dramatic fanfare, I would have respected that as well. But because of the wailing and moaning and crying and screaming, the fact that she finished is irrelevant to me. To me she lost any claim to an accomplishment by wailing like she was having surgery without anesthesia the entire time. 

Yeah, it was the wailing, crying show she put on that makes her a wimp. She should either have very slowly finished (which she could've done had she actually taken it seriously to be active daily in her normal life) or have just quietly called it quits the first time the shoes came off. I can respect someone who tries and comes short. I can't respect someone who makes a mockery of even trying.

• Love 10

How did the Social Media thread become the Super Nasty Food thread?! :-X

Speaking of super nasty, Whitney posted yet another powerlifting workout on FB and revealed that she still does work out with Will sometimes. It's not just Will's daughter training her. I'd love to know WTF Will is thinking taking on this (literal) massive liability.

• Love 6

What's with the video she posted on IG of her walking up 5 steps like she's been in a wheelchair her entire life and this is accomplishment of the century??? OH!!! AND.... wait for it.... 

she went DOWN the 5 steps as well. 

And here we are dogging her for not finishing (sorry - being helped across the finish line wailing and whining isn't finishing) a measly 8K when she's doing things like going UP and DOWN five whole steps!!! Boy, do I feel like we've been put in our place! /sarcasm

Seriously though, she's crowing about this 5 step thing likes she finished first in the Ironman! WTF?!?!?! 

• Love 9