Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Hi all-new to this forum. but I have to chime in and say that I'm appalled at the way Whitney dresses. I'm 177 lbs. and don't like wearing sleeveless tops either. The bottom line is that I'm just not fit or toned enough to look good in them. It's nothing to do with lack of confidence, but rather the fact that I know that this isn't a good look for me. Damn, I want to look good! 

Her comment to the poster who had lost 4 lbs. was pretty shitty. Sorry Whitney, but you've got to pay attention to the numbers and I'm not just not talking about the scale and clothing sizes either. Hypertension? Pre-diabetes? Cholesterol? I've worked in healthcare for 20 years and had access to my patient's medical histories. There were so many times that you could just see the warning signs but people just ignored them. I really ran out of patience listening to the excuses too. 300, 400 and 500 lb. people who "just don't understand" why they've got respiratory, cardiac and orthopedic problems but have a large bag of Cheetos and a liter of Mountain Dew on their bedside table (that really happened, BTW). Ugh. quit pretending already. 

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

Hi all-new to this forum. but I have to chime in and say that I'm appalled at the way Whitney dresses. I'm 177 lbs. and don't like wearing sleeveless tops either. The bottom line is that I'm just not fit or toned enough to look good in them. It's nothing to do with lack of confidence, but rather the fact that I know that this isn't a good look for me. Damn, I want to look good! 

Her comment to the poster who had lost 4 lbs. was pretty shitty. Sorry Whitney, but you've got to pay attention to the numbers and I'm not just not talking about the scale and clothing sizes either. Hypertension? Pre-diabetes? Cholesterol? I've worked in healthcare for 20 years and had access to my patient's medical histories. There were so many times that you could just see the warning signs but people just ignored them. I really ran out of patience listening to the excuses too. 300, 400 and 500 lb. people who "just don't understand" why they've got respiratory, cardiac and orthopedic problems but have a large bag of Cheetos and a liter of Mountain Dew on their bedside table (that really happened, BTW). Ugh. quit pretending already. 

omg fat shaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

omg fat shaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

No, just being real (I couldn't tell if you're just joking). Besides, I'm including my chunky little self in those comments!

Honestly, if Whitney wants a reality check (and I'm thinking she doesn't), she should work in a healthcare setting with the morbidly obese. The self-care issues that the folks on My 600lb. Life deal with are the reality of day to day life. Having 2 or 3 people roll your body side to side to get you cleaned up-check. Having to do it quickly because side-lying makes it harder to breath due to the excess weight-check. Having to wipe yourself with "toileting or personal hygiene aids" (the tongs)-check. Having someone else assist you with lower body dressing-check. Teaching prevention and medication use to prevent yeast infections between skin folds-check. I am an OT and these ADL's (activities of daily living) are what we teach our patients. I've enjoyed working with most people, but those who don't care (and I'm not exclusively referring to the morbidly obese), just wear me the hell out. It damn sure isn't fabulous.   

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

No, just being real (I couldn't tell if you're just joking). Besides, I'm including my chunky little self in those comments!

Yes, I was joking.  Your post was basically what Whitney would call fat shaming.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Nor can it be easy for her to find anything "standard" to wear - jeans, nice pants, etc.

Totally agree. If we ever see Twit, at this size, in a pair of JEANS....I will eat my hat.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, mybuddyspence said:

Honestly, if Whitney wants a reality check (and I'm thinking she doesn't), she should work in a healthcare setting with the morbidly obese. The self-care issues that the folks on My 600lb. Life deal with are the reality of day to day life.

I would love to see an episode like this, but I know exactly what she would say - "These people are TWICE my size, maybe three times my size. I don't have ANY of these problems! Look, I can DANCE! I've LOST one hundred pounds! I can do anything!"

Delusional BS, but that's what she'd say. She would not see it as a glimpse into her future, which it is.

• Love 8

One of the minions left a comment on IG suggesting that Twit should become the next Bachelorette!  LOL. Can you imagine?

Instead of,  "Will you accept this rose?" it would be:  "Can I smell your armpit?"      

whitney_way_thore_gif_by_pyrodark-d8zpob

• Love 18
On 2/25/2018 at 4:16 PM, Kid said:

And, if you all remember,Will told her, when she was training with him,  that fasting all day was something she should absolutely not do.  Then, of course, he caught her eating in the car and found wrappers and food on the floor of the car including a giant cookie that she was so proud of eating only a bite.  So, she never fasted until 9:00.

PCOS weight-loss tips

Women with polycystic ovary syndrome are more likely to be overweight or obese partially due to increased testosterone produced by the ovaries, and the inability for insulin to function normally in some women. Being overweight increases the risk of developing insulin resistance and Type II diabetes. Women who are overweight or obese are also at a higher risk of developing sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and heart disease. Women with PCOS should be tested for Type II diabetes and high cholesterol.

Weight loss has been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes and disorders related to obesity. In one study, weight loss was shown to work just as well, if not better, than medication alone in reducing the risk of diabetes. Weight loss can lower the amount of male hormones in the body, and reduce abnormal hair growth. Additionally, weight loss can help regulate the menstrual cycle, and improve pregnancy rates. A weight loss of only 2 to 5 percent of body weight can result in these changes.

The best way to lose weight with PCOS naturally is a combination of healthy diet and exercise. There is no one single diet known to work best. But never skip meals to try to lose weight. That will throw off the insulin response when you do eat. When you work your muscles they will begin to burn the extra glucose in your body. That helps to keep your insulin levels down. If you are following a healthy diet and exercising regularly and still struggling to lose weight, then you may benefit from additional help from a medical weight loss clinic.

Twit should never skip meals and only eat at 9pm. No medical doctor would tell her this will help with weigh loss especially with PCOS. She is Sabotaging her treatment to loss weight for a short term paycheck. This is so sad. There is something seriously wrong with what is between her ears. I.can’t.even!!

Edited by CPA1967
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CPA1967 said:

Twit should never skip meals and only eat at 9pm. No medical doctor would tell her this will help with weigh loss especially with PCOS. She is Sabotaging her treatment to loss weight for a short term paycheck. This is so sad. There is something seriously wrong with what is between her ears. I.can’t.even!!

No need to worry. Whitney doesn’t skip meals and not eat until 9pm. We constantly see her eat in the daytime. She didn’t get to 400 lbs because she didn’t eat enough or ate only after 9. 

• Love 13

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Twitney has a beautiful face. She loves to pose for what she thinks are "sexy" pictures, mostly pics that show her face and very little of her body. I don't think her "come hither" look is sexy, and frankly I just don't think she's cute at all. At any weight. I think her mouth looks like the Joker from Batman, and two front teeth are way longer than the others. That's just not a cute look to me. 

It could be that I'm influenced by her horrible personality. I'll admit that once I know someone is a selfish asshole, I cease to see them as physically attractive, even if they are. But even when I try to separate personality from physical appearance...I just don't see that she's pretty.

I've seen a lot of posts on social media, etc. saying how beautiful she was when she was young and skinny. I don't see it. 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Twitney has a beautiful face. She loves to pose for what she thinks are "sexy" pictures, mostly pics that show her face and very little of her body. I don't think her "come hither" look is sexy, and frankly I just don't think she's cute at all. At any weight. I think her mouth looks like the Joker from Batman, and two front teeth are way longer than the others. That's just not a cute look to me. 

It could be that I'm influenced by her horrible personality. I'll admit that once I know someone is a selfish asshole, I cease to see them as physically attractive, even if they are. But even when I try to separate personality from physical appearance...I just don't see that she's pretty.

I've seen a lot of posts on social media, etc. saying how beautiful she was when she was young and skinny. I don't see it. 

I thought she was beautiful until she showed her braying jackassery--I still think with lots of makeup, she (like many of us) can look very beautiful. The rabbit teeth are really weird and her Joker mouth is weird, but she has nice eyes and if she took care of herself she'd have nice skin. Her older pictures, I don't think she looks like anything special but that may just be because the fashion of the late 90s-early 00s was flattering and kind to very few.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

Wait till you see what else she can't do. I just saw a clip of tonight's episode that will make you thankful we don't have Smell-O-Vision.

OMG, just saw that. It's awful to contemplate.

• Love 2

Whitney cares greatly how she looks.  It's why she works so hard to get the make-up right.

I think she only looks good when she has had her makeup and hair done professionally - and even then sometimes it doesn't work to her advantage. I am remembering the hair style with the bump it which was not a good look at all. She looks OK when she is wearing the cobalt blue top and blue contact lenses. Her everyday look  is a real mess.

OMG, just saw that. It's awful to contemplate.

How about a hint?  I also have DISH and refuse to pay extra for the channels they just removed from my package. I'll be counting on everyone's comments when it airs though. Thanks in advance.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

THIS!!! Even if she could dance (I know - don’t laugh), who cares? What good does that do you when you can’t shave your legs or tie your shoes?

I know, it's appalling. And even as appalling as it is, what I find even MORE appalling if the fact that she DOES NOT CARE that she is filmed with her mother shaving her legs, admitting that Babs is doing it because she physically can't do it...and sees NOTHING wrong with that!

She seems to almost think it's funny. "Ha ha, I'm too fat to shave my own legs, so my Mom has to do it! But I'm still fabulous!" And some people BUY THAT garbage! They actually believe she's someone to be looked up to, and say "You go girl!" and stupid crap like that.

I'm getting ready to roll my eyes tonight...can't wait to see how she spins the fact that she's barely mobile into something "fabulous".

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

Wait till you see what else she can't do. I just saw a clip of tonight's episode that will make you thankful we don't have Smell-O-Vision.

I'm intrigued and terrified at the same time. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I also have DISH and refuse to pay extra for the channels they just removed from my package. I'll be counting on everyone's comments when it airs though. Thanks in advance.

Yeah. I always look forward to @ClareWalks' recaps cuz they're so wickedly funny. But I'll be especially happy to see this episode's since I can't get it on Dish. (I hope you complained loudly, as I did, @Me from ME.)

Anyone know of a streaming service that carries TLC?

ETA: I don't know if this is the clip referenced above, but TLC.com has 2 clips from tonight. The one named "Chub Rub" is pretty disgusting. The other is of Babs' surprise at swimming with dolphins.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Dot said:

Anyone know of a streaming service that carries TLC?

directvnow.com does. TLC is included in their cheapest tier. Yes, it says DirectTV, but it's actually a pure streaming internet service that has lots of channels. They've got a free trial, go forth and give it a shot!

• Love 4
On 2/26/2018 at 9:50 AM, Kid said:

Maybe somebody should wire her damn jaw shut and feed her through a straw.

You can put pizza in a blender, you know. IJS. She would find a way. 

Edited by Maggienolia
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So tonight Whit asks Buddy if he’s moving home with her after rehab. He says yes. I just wanted to confirm - don’t we know that he’s living in another city now? 

Yes, his FB page says he lives in Charleston, SC. But a month or so ago, he was in a live FB video with Twit & pretended he had just come downstairs. So, is MBFFL trying to create the fiction he's still in the house in case of a S-6? Dunno.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Dot said:

Yes, his FB page says he lives in Charleston, SC. But a month or so ago, he was in a live FB video with Twit & pretended he had just come downstairs. So, is MBFFL trying to create the fiction he's still in the house in case of a S-6? Dunno.

If they want to create that fiction then I really don’t care. I’m just glad Buddy is living elsewhere for his own sanity and sobriety. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

No need to worry. Whitney doesn’t skip meals and not eat until 9pm. We constantly see her eat in the daytime. She didn’t get to 400 lbs because she didn’t eat enough or ate only after 9. 

I taught school with a guy who bought a "double school lunch" every day.  Yes - 2 entrees, 2 orders of fries, 2 fruits/veggies, 2 desserts and 2 drinks.  He said it was because it was the only meal he ate all day.  Yet he started every day off with a Hostess cupcake trio.  That was a meal - called breakfast.  He just didn't see it that way since it wasn't a traditional meal - made me wonder what bag of chips he ate every evening :). Remember Nikki on My 600 lb Life?  She had a handicapped brother so they had a people lifter that went up the staircase - every morning her day started with her dad sending 2 doughnuts up the stairs, yet when she told Dr Now what she ate, she started with the breakfast she ate with her family.  Just saying.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I would love to see an episode like this, but I know exactly what she would say - "These people are TWICE my size, maybe three times my size. I don't have ANY of these problems! Look, I can DANCE! I've LOST one hundred pounds! I can do anything!"

Delusional BS, but that's what she'd say. She would not see it as a glimpse into her future, which it is.

Yep, her mantra of "I've lost 100 lbs.", will become the next "Ow, my leg!"

• Love 8
10 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

If they want to create that fiction then I really don’t care. I’m just glad Buddy is living elsewhere for his own sanity and sobriety. 

The problem being that he's obviously still in contact with Twit & Co. even tho he's living in a different state. He needs to shed her & her barnacles if he hopes for lasting recovery. But he won't becuz the TLC money's too good.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Couldn't she wear something similar to boxer briefs to prevent chub rub?  Gah, I can't believe I'm actually thinking about this.

Well I've been thinking about how to make an improved rag on a stick since last night, so don't feel too weird about it.

• Love 15
55 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Couldn't she wear something similar to boxer briefs to prevent chub rub?  Gah, I can't believe I'm actually thinking about this.

But she was wearing leggings...so what was rubbing??  I can't stop wondering.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

My fave product name is "Freedom wand." 

Then there's the interesting fact that this is BACKORDERED. 

image.jpeg

And I'm concerned about you. Or us. 

Hubby came up with a great marketing idea. Dr. Now should order a bunch of these with his name and phone number. He could give them out to appropriately-sized people he encounters so that every time they or their designated butt-wiper uses it, it reminds them of who they should call for an appointment.

• Love 12

I can't imagine this Freedom Wand working. You just wouldn't be able to wipe the right way. Not enough pressure, you know? And what if you're on the road and have to drop a deuce? Do you carry a wand in your purse, always, just in case? And what about the guys?

I clearly am thinking about this waaay too much.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

I can't imagine this Freedom Wand working. You just wouldn't be able to wipe the right way. Not enough pressure, you know? And what if you're on the road and have to drop a deuce? Do you carry in your purse, always, just in case? And what about the guys?

I clearly am thinking about this waaay too much.

A couple of years ago, there was a story going around from Reddit from a guy with generous girth who had posted about how he had perfected the art of wiping using a metal spoon and some paper towels. He carried it around in his pockets in a plastic ziplock bag. The details were everything you are thinking it was. So that's how the men may be dealing with it.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

A couple of years ago, there was a story going around from Reddit from a guy with generous girth who had posted about how he had perfected the art of wiping using a metal spoon and some paper towels. He carried it around in his pockets in a plastic ziplock bag. The details were everything you are thinking it was. So that's how the men may be dealing with it.

Horrifying!!!

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, vsd78 said:

Yeah, I stupidly let my weight creep up to 270 in the last couple years, so 100 lbs less than Whitney claims to be, and I assure you, it's because I was overeating (and still am, though I'm slowly cutting back step by step). If Whitney was actually fasting until 9pm at night, there's no way she'd still be 380++... unless this is her way of telling us she sleeps all day to 8:45pm.

I'm sure she has screwed up her metabolism pretty badly, but even so, if she ate as little as she seems to believe she does, she'd be dropping 10 pounds a month easily.

She said she doesn't start eating till 9 pm... did she say when she stops? That might be the problem. 

• Love 14

Well, we know now why Whitney's been posting all those workout videos on FB and IG - she is desperately trying to distract her followers from this 8K debacle. Usually she asks for comments or says "new episode tonight!" on her FB but she didn't do that this week. Very interesting. For the first time ever on this show, I could tell watching it that Whitney was humiliated at the end of that race. She looked BROKEN. Like, mentally and physically. If this race didn't wake her up to the fact that her weight is a problem, literally nothing will. This was Whitney's absolute rock bottom, you guys. We will see if she rebounds or just drowns.

• Love 17

Hey you guys, I got fat shamed the other day! I was telling my brother he needs to buy another horse (his favorite horse died a couple years ago) - because he still has the horse I love to ride, the horse who threw me (love him anyway! but won't ride him again, and neither will my brother!) and a "bonus" horse an ex-girlfriend just left at his place and is also not good for riding. So I was telling him to get a horse for himself that he will actually ride, because this is something we loved doing together and because it's ridiculous that he bought an expensive horse trailer/camper a few years back that he hasn't even USED yet. He has to do his horsey chores every day, might as well get some that you can enjoy riding.

Anyway - his response was "How am I supposed to get you up on a horse? Shoot you out of a cannon?"

Hahahaha, laughed my ass off. He also admitted that he would need to lose some weight before attempting to get back into riding.

We're both maybe like 20-30 lbs heavier than the last time we went riding, so it's not like it's an impossible dream...and he was also probably referring to my other limitations due to Fibromyalgia.

But after I'd thought about it awhile, I realized if I lived in Whitneyland, I should have screamed like a banshee at him for fat shaming me, and made him pay for it for the rest of his life! How dare he!

Frankly I thought my brother was hilarious, and there's just no reason to make such a big ass (pun intended) deal out of every little thing.

But you know, obviously I'm in a lot worse shape than Twit, because SHE can ride a horse, she did it on her show, right? No way in hell did she get up on that horse, or get down from it, on her own. 

Also, in Whitneyland, I don't NEED to prove I can ride a horse right now, because I've ALREADY done it...at one time. (According to her "I don't need to lose 100 lbs, I've already done it!" mantra.)

By the way, Twit riding that horse was animal abuse in my book.

• Love 9

I can't imagine this Freedom Wand working. You just wouldn't be able to wipe the right way. Not enough pressure, you know?

It's gotta be better than nothing...

Hubby came up with a great marketing idea. Dr. Now should order a bunch of these with his name and phone number. He could give them out to appropriately-sized people he encounters so that every time they or their designated butt-wiper uses it, it reminds them of who they should call for an appointment.

This is the best idea in the history of promotional products. Please tell me your husband is in marketing. If he isn't, he missed his calling!

And replace that toilet paper with a sponge and Whitney can apply her own chub rub ointment.

• Love 2