Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

On 2/12/2018 at 1:39 PM, AZChristian said:

Just to compare . . . I just got back from a walk.  I went 2 miles in 45 minutes.  I am 71 with a knee replacement and 40 extra pounds.  I'm actively working towards being able to do 4 miles comfortably again . . . and it won't take me 2.5 hours to do it.  I could probably do it right now (uncomfortably), and it wouldn't take me 2.5 hours.

I do 2 miles in 45 min with the dogs every morning.  67 and 40 lbs heavier than I should be.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

There is not a large enough size at Torrid to make that bottom look "high waisted" on her. There is just too much real estate to traverse.

My main issue with these ridiculously high-waisted suits is that they make a person actually look bigger in the stomach, and they shorten the legs tremendously and make a person look stumpy and short. Simply changing the proportions (make it a tankini, with more normal bottoms) would make a huge difference. Instead they put on these crazy bottoms that look exactly like Spanx. It's bad IMO.

I am not as overweight as Whitney but I am way past elongating the leg, creating the sense of a waist, diminishing the stomach, etc. to look more like an S.I. model. When you are a size 16 you're a size 16 and you aren't a bikini model. I usually choose a suit that is a color or pattern that I like that won't give me a wedgie. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

I am not as overweight as Whitney but I am way past elongating the leg, creating the sense of a waist, diminishing the stomach, etc. to look more like an S.I. model. When you are a size 16 you're a size 16 and you aren't a bikini model. I usually choose a suit that is a color or pattern that I like that won't give me a wedgie. 

I mean yeah, there's not much that would make a Whitney look like a Naomi Campbell, I guess I just feel like if I'm gonna fork over $100 on a swimsuit I at least want to *feel* decent in it. It's odd to buy something that is unflattering when there are other options, IMO. Example: I look terrible in strapless. I would feel awkward and lousy in strapless anything. Therefore I am not forking over cash for a strapless dress.

• Love 9

Clarewalks, those are really cute swimsuits.

I confess I have been mulling over how Twit styled her Torrid top and then wore it as it should be seen. Maybe she is getting the clothes free or at a discount from Torrid since she doesn't shy away from mentioning the brand name. Perhaps they saw her roll up the top and read her the riot act. (The rolled version was from Hawaii which was in August while the other version was from the cruise which was in December.) And I think she mismatched the top and bottom because she could not fit into the matching grannie panty. The black one that she wore looks to have a lot more give.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

(The rolled version was from Hawaii which was in August while the other version was from the cruise which was in December.)

I don't think so. I believe both are cruise photos. I've seen her FB Hawaii photos & she was in a one-pc black swimsuit.

• Love 1
On 2/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, Thrifty said:

Ugh.  Found some page about her on one of those entertainment gossip sites.  It showed some pictures of Whitney in her teens.  She looked very pretty.  But she was captioning every picture with "Oh, I look fit and healthy, but I'm not.  I was bulimic and worried about my weight back then.  Today I'm not bulimic or worrying about my weight, so I'm healthy."

Such a bizarre misinterpretation of reality.  It's not unique to Whitney.  I've seen a lot of the same distorted thinking in a lot of the Fat Acceptance Movement.  This odious idea that because anorexia and bulimia exist, any thin person must have that condition.  It lets these people reframe their poor lifestyle choices as positive ones, and lets them indulge in a little smudgeness and self superiority.

Thank-you!  This happened to me.  A little more than 2 years ago, my husband bought me a Fitbit for Christmas.  It really made me realize how much I wasn’t moving.  So I started walking a lot and running a little.  And something CRAZY happened. I started losing weight!  Totally weird, I know. I started running more and you’re never going to believe what happened.  I lost more weight.  I eventually leveled off at about 130lbs, started at 150.

Anyway, one day I was standing up at the front counter in my office and this gal who works in a different department says to me, “damn girl, you need to stop working out. You’re starting to look anorexic.”  Now I am 5’ 5” tall and well within the normal range on the BMI scale.  I’m also pear shaped so I have plenty of reserves to tap into from the thigh, hips, and butt area.  What I’m trying to say is that I’m far from unhealthy skinny.  

Said gal who made rude comment to me was also one who complained about people taking their walking breaks on her floor, was always “too busy” to take a 5 minute break to walk but also always said, “boy I really should start doing that.”  I don’t want to fat shame her either but she is overweight. 

Bitch, don’t try to skinny-shame me becasue I took steps to lead a healthier lifestyle and received positive results in other areas too and instead of you doing the same, you have to try to tear me down. 

• Love 22

In 2012 I decided I wanted to PR in the marathon, so I started walking about 50 miles a week and watching my diet to make sure I would be lighter (less weight to carry) and in amazing physical shape. Once I got below 155 lb (at 5'11"), which is smack in the middle of the healthy BMI range, people started telling me I looked "gross." Seriously. They said I looked gross, TO MY FACE. I ignored them, got to 150 lb, and walked a marathon in 5:44 (a 46-minute personal best). Fuck 'em. Know that it is fueled by jealousy!

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

In 2012 I decided I wanted to PR in the marathon, so I started walking about 50 miles a week and watching my diet to make sure I would be lighter (less weight to carry) and in amazing physical shape. Once I got below 155 lb (at 5'11"), which is smack in the middle of the healthy BMI range, people started telling me I looked "gross." Seriously. They said I looked gross, TO MY FACE. I ignored them, got to 150 lb, and walked a marathon in 5:44 (a 46-minute personal best). Fuck 'em. Know that it is fueled by jealousy!

I don’t see why it’s acceptable to make comments like that to a skinny person.  Would you call a fat person “gross” to their face?  No!  

I also trained for a half marathon last year and completed it in under 2:20.  My goal was 2:25.  Next up is the rock and roll half marathon in Las Vegas in November.  If y’all ain’t doing anything that weekend, come out and party with me!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I don’t see why it’s acceptable to make comments like that to a skinny person.  Would you call a fat person “gross” to their face?  No!  

I also trained for a half marathon last year and completed it in under 2:20.  My goal was 2:25.  Next up is the rock and roll half marathon in Las Vegas in November.  If y’all ain’t doing anything that weekend, come out and party with me!

Woohoo that is amazing! And I agree about the "gross" comments and "anorexic." For all the talk I hear on social media, Tumblr, all that, about how much shit fat people get, I have never personally seen it be *as socially acceptable* to say "hey you fat bitch" as it is to say "hey you skinny bitch." It's so strange to me that misusing words like "anorexic" is so okay with them. Anorexia is a very serious mental illness and it would be cruel to mock someone for having it. It also is accompanied by an extraordinarily thin body. Not just "wow, you're in the healthy BMI range" but "holy shit, you look like you are literally starving to death." 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Thank-you!  This happened to me.  A little more than 2 years ago, my husband bought me a Fitbit for Christmas.  It really made me realize how much I wasn’t moving.  So I started walking a lot and running a little.  And something CRAZY happened. I started losing weight!  Totally weird, I know. I started running more and you’re never going to believe what happened.  I lost more weight.  I eventually leveled off at about 130lbs, started at 150.

Anyway, one day I was standing up at the front counter in my office and this gal who works in a different department says to me, “damn girl, you need to stop working out. You’re starting to look anorexic.”  Now I am 5’ 5” tall and well within the normal range on the BMI scale.  I’m also pear shaped so I have plenty of reserves to tap into from the thigh, hips, and butt area.  What I’m trying to say is that I’m far from unhealthy skinny.  

Said gal who made rude comment to me was also one who complained about people taking their walking breaks on her floor, was always “too busy” to take a 5 minute break to walk but also always said, “boy I really should start doing that.”  I don’t want to fat shame her either but she is overweight. 

Bitch, don’t try to skinny-shame me becasue I took steps to lead a healthier lifestyle and received positive results in other areas too and instead of you doing the same, you have to try to tear me down. 

SHE IS SO JEALOUS

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Ha ha ha ha ha I would sell my soul to look as gross as you. Haters gon' hate! 

• Love 6
On 2/14/2018 at 9:46 AM, ClareWalks said:

Ever since I became life threateningly sick around 6 yrs ago, I lost a lot of weight.  I have been “ Skinny shamed” non-stop constantly. I’m thin. Yes.  But I’m not going to gain weight just to make YOU feel better about yourselves. And I can eat whatever I want and not gain an ounce.  Get over it. #sorrynotsorry.

• Love 8
On 2/12/2018 at 5:08 PM, AZChristian said:

Capture.JPG.a79913cfca6366d4dd310f9f9e62821a.JPG

Torrid calls the top a bikini top.

I forget who pointed out that Twit in this particular suit; the suit looked like a monster. I can't NOT see the monster face now. Looked a lot more monster-like on Twit though. On this chick it looks more like an angry frog. 

• Love 8
On 2/15/2018 at 3:02 PM, Bunnygirl said:

Ever since I became life threateningly sick around 6 yrs ago, I lost a lot of weight.  I have been “ Skinny shamed” non-stop constantly. I’m thin. Yes.  But I’m not going to gain weight just to make YOU feel better about yourselves. And I can eat whatever I want and not gain an ounce.  Get over it. #sorrynotsorry.

I wonder if, as "normal" and/or "average" weights begin to rise and we more and more overweight and obese people that we'll see more skinny shaming as our perception of what truly constitutes "skinny" versus "a healthy weight/bmi" shifts. Sad. 

• Love 5

Interesting they're working out with Jessica Powell, Will's daughter. I guess he hasn't given up on her yet, unless he threw up his hands and said, "You do it, I can't with this woman any more!" to his kid.

[sarcastifont on] I know I, personally, would be so very proud to lift as much as a man who is more than twice my age. How powerful would that feel! [sarcastifont off]

• Love 8

Age difference between Twit and Glenn is similar to the age difference between me and my grandkids.  I would expect them to do better than I could do lifting weights.  However, I COULD finish a 5-8K without having to stop 85 times to catch my breath.

• Love 9

You know, now that I think about this, I had a client about Glenn's age who was recovering from a stroke and he was moderately fit, and I could definitely lift as much as him (more, for certain lifts). It never occurred to me to brag about that.

• Love 6

Is this another example of Glenn tricking Twit into actually moving? 

I've been reading some info about over eating ( for myself,  cuz I tried on a couple of summer dresses to hem up and they were tighter than last year) and thought abt Twit for motivation to eat healthier and go to the pool an extra day. 

This author says that deprivation of emotional, psychological, or physical needs causes overeating,  overspending,  over-anything, etc....  So,  for all of Twit's life, Glenn could never say no, then how was she deprived?  I'm figuring that out was other people not giving into her or treating her like the queen...  not just Mom, but friends, lovers, bosses,   and co-workers. And Twit NEVER got--or understood-- that real life is not like that.  Can narcissism be developed or is it inherent?  IDK. 

You know, on a personal note, I go to the grocery store and avoid the aisles with candy/sweets/chips/bakery products and Starbucks.   When I'm walking out the door to my car I ALMOST always see an obese person, and think to myself,  "That's  why."  Thank you,  God, for self-awareness. 

• Love 5

Oh dear. Whitney gets righteous as a member of a panel on healthy eating protocols, sponsored by Will Powell. I stopped watching shortly after she mentioned her famous 100 lb. weight loss and her current focus on being "healthy" while being perfectly comfortable at her current size.  Link to video.

Watched a bit more - she's doing all the greatest hits: PCOS, she actually never eats before nine at night, except for a coffee (undefined, although she's previously confessed her coffee of choice has sugar and heavy cream at the very least) she doesn't know how to make healthy choices, she's "never eaten breakfast in her life," (at which point Will interrupts to remind her that when she was working out with him for the first time, Glen used to wake her up and basically spoon feed her breakfast.) In response to the question "what is your biggest struggle with nutrition"  she says hers is "to eat," because she basically doesn't eat. The rest of the panel manages to keep their faces straight through this part of the discussion.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Oh dear. Whitney gets righteous as a member of a panel on healthy eating protocols, sponsored by Will Powell. I stopped watching shortly after she mentioned her famous 100 lb. weight loss and her current focus on being "healthy" while being perfectly comfortable at her current size.  Link to video.

Watched a bit more - she's doing all the greatest hit: PCOS, she actually never eats before nine at night, except for a coffee (undefined, although she's previously confessed her coffee of choice has sugar and heavy cream at the very least) she doesn't know how to make healthy choices, she's "never eaten breakfast in her life," (at which point Will interrupts to remind her that when she was working out with him for the first time, Glen used to wake her up and basically spoon feed her breakfast.) In response to the question "what is your biggest struggle with nutrition"  she says hers is "to eat," because she basically doesn't eat. The rest of the panel manages to keep their faces straight through this part of the discussion.

If I were on that panel, I'd have to excuse myself to leave the stage, but people would still hear me laughing/guffawing in the wings.  Does she even watch her own show????  Everyone on earth knows that's a lie . . . she basically doesn't NOT eat.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

OK why is she even on that panel? I see 4 regular size people and then I see her in one of her signature tank tops. I mean, if they were talking about anything else, like comic books or home decor, I could take it seriously. But I know they're talking about dietary stuff, and I know I'm going to start laughing. I gotta go pee before I watch any further.

• Love 8

Wow, just wow.  What a load of bull-shit.  

Denial, self-delusion, ignorance, and unwillingness to learn to eat healthy, much less learn to cook, etc....all hallmarks of what????? Obesity. 

How can one be proudly outspoken about her stupidity and lack of effort to learn? 

Crazy. 

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Watched a bit more - she's doing all the greatest hit: PCOS, she actually never eats before nine at night, except for a coffee (undefined, although she's previously confessed her coffee of choice has sugar and heavy cream at the very least) she doesn't know how to make healthy choices, she's "never eaten breakfast in her life," (at which point Will interrupts to remind her that when she was working out with him for the first time, Glen used to wake her up and basically spoon feed her breakfast.) In response to the question "what is your biggest struggle with nutrition"  she says hers is "to eat," because she basically doesn't eat. The rest of the panel manages to keep their faces straight through this part of the discussion.

Jesus Fucking Christ (sorry, but that was necessary): 

"I don't have any specific weight loss goals, I just want to be healthy."

"I'm perfectly happy in this body."

What. A. Bunch Of. BULLSHIT. How can Will even have her on this panel? She's so full of shit! All I have right now is swear words because logic and reality don't work on Whitney. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

OK why is she even on that panel? I see 4 regular size people and then I see her in one of her signature tank tops. I mean, if they were talking about anything else, like comic books or home decor, I could take it seriously. But I know they're talking about dietary stuff, and I know I'm going to start laughing. I gotta go pee before I watch any further.

Everyone else is wearing real shoes, too.

I made it through her "um . . . I believe in body . . . um . . . positivity . . . um . . . but I don't really set . . . um . . . weight loss goals.  I'm . . . um . . . at Taco Bell in deciding . . . um . . . what foods to choose . . . um."  Then I . . . um . . . decided I needed to do things in my . . . um . . . real life.

Obviously reading off cue cards for her talking heads on MBFFL.

• Love 7

Let's be extremely generous and assume she eats nothing before 9 PM (which is a terrible meal plan, but bear with me). She is having "coffee," though. So she's probably having other beverages too. Between her coffee drinks (400-500 calories each) and alcohol (150 calories per drink), she probably is consuming at least 2000 calories before she "starts eating at 9 PM." Her 9 PM meal is probably a full dinner of at least 1000 calories, since she would be famished from not eating all day (insert extreme sarcasm). She may then snack until it's time for second dinner at midnight, which is another 1000 calories. I can EASILY picture her consuming over 4000 calories a day with this awful schedule. 

• Love 10

There's a moment on the video where each panel member gives a brief summary of their goals and their diets. Jessica Powell mentions that her basic meal is 2 ounces of lean protein, a quarter cup of brown rice or other whole grain, and lots of leafy greens, and the fat she uses is coconut oil.  When Whitney is giving her intro summary, complaining about how fat people are judged unhealthy and her goal is to be healthy etc. etc. etc. she says something about not knowing how or what to eat. And then she, astonishingly, gives Jessica a side eye and says something along the lines of " but it will NEVER be 2 ounces of chicken and a quarter cup of brown rice."

I can only assume Will put her on the panel to serve as an Awful Warning to the rest of his clients. I'm quite sure none of them believe Whitney has worked out on-and-off with Will for seven years and was never given any information on how or what (or when) to eat. Hell, we've seen him do it ourselves!

Oh, and she's claiming she currently weights 355. Uh huh

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 12

Wow

I am not going to watch that video, but after reading all the posts she reminds me of Penny from 600 lb. Life. Dr. Now said that Penny was delusional and lived in a fantasy world.

I am also more convinced now that Whitney grew up in a very screwed up home. She reminds me of another fucked up family in the area, except Susie Lynch chose murder and Whitney chooses food. You never told Susie no and you never tell Whitney no.

For Whitney to get well, she would have to do in-patient treatment for a long time and then not return to that area. I have strong doubts that would even work though.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Denial, self-delusion, ignorance, and unwillingness to learn to eat healthy, much less learn to cook, etc....all hallmarks of what????? Obesity. 

She claims to know how to cook scrambled eggs. I guess Buddy yelling at her in frustration that you can't just stir the eggs around the bowl with a spoon, you have to break the yolks and beat the eggs to scramble them,  managed to penetrate her cooking-resistant brain. But he had to yell really loud. And, if I recall the scene correctly, her first reaction was to whine about how difficult it was, and then to pout at him. But she's got it down now!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Let's be extremely generous and assume she eats nothing before 9 PM (which is a terrible meal plan, but bear with me). She is having "coffee," though. So she's probably having other beverages too. Between her coffee drinks (400-500 calories each) and alcohol (150 calories per drink), she probably is consuming at least 2000 calories before she "starts eating at 9 PM." Her 9 PM meal is probably a full dinner of at least 1000 calories, since she would be famished from not eating all day (insert extreme sarcasm). She may then snack until it's time for second dinner at midnight, which is another 1000 calories. I can EASILY picture her consuming over 4000 calories a day with this awful schedule. 

She can spin her eating habits all she wants and blame PCOS but no one gets to that size eating within normal ranges. I will say this, when I was anorexic I did the same thing and it can work when done right. Go all day on black coffee, tea, a couple snacks and some broth (barely enough to fuel my running), then a large veggie meal before bed. Totaled around 700 calories for the entire day and didn't go to bed hungry. 

If Whitney did it that way, it might actually work for her. 

• Love 1

And this is the answer to why TLC isn’t doing a 600 lb life crossover. Dr. No wouldn’t bother with someone that delusional. Even his most delusional patients have at least said they need to lose weight. Whitney doesn’t even agree with that. 

• Love 8

The audio was terrible; my aged ears picked up maybe 3 out of every 5 words. If Will really intends this to be a regular YouTube feature -- with paying subscribers -- he needs to find a better location (no echoing) & sound system. And he is an awful facilitator. And a worse chooser of panel guests: WTF was Twit doing on a panel about making healthy choices in your life?

@Ketzel, do you know the date of this video? Something makes me think it's not recent. If not, that would explain why she could claim to be 355 #s without Will calling her out. And why would someone who spent most of the past hour asserting wgt was no consequence to her be so happy about her wgt loss? Hypocritical, as usual.

I noticed Whit was like politicians: instead of answering a Q, she distracted & deflected until no one remembered what the Q was. Or cared. And, of course, as the rest of you have pointed out, the answers, when they finally came, were lies. "My struggle is that I never eat." *snort*

It's things like participating in this panel that makes me so intensely dislike Twit. No on else would be such a narcissist as to think she has anything of value to contribute to a panel on good health.

And I lost respect for Will about 2 seasons ago. His inviting Twit to participate just reinforces my belief that this man will do anything for a fast buck. "Local celebrity available? Why then, I'll put her on a panel I'm trying to peddle on YouTube." Shame on him.

5 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

And this is the answer to why TLC isn’t doing a 600 lb life crossover. Dr. No wouldn’t bother with someone that delusional. Even his most delusional patients have at least said they need to lose weight. Whitney doesn’t even agree with that. 

Oh, I wouldn't be too hasty. I'm sure TLC is awaiting the moment Twit becomes bed-ridden after she hits 600 #s to wave a contract at her.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Dot said:

@Ketzel, do you know the date of this video?

I don't know when it was filmed. It was posted last week. If it was filmed while he was still "working" with her in Season 4, I seem to remember a weigh-in at the gym on a little glass scale that looked like it came from Bed, Bath and Beyond. The scale showed around 350 and we all rolled our eyes at the time. I had a scale that looked like that one once, and 350 was the max, so there's that. (Someone with more patience than I have could probably figure  out exactly when the video was made from the other panelists' mentions of what events they were currently training for.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3

I've been thinking of how to articulate the ways in which Whitney bastardizes the HAES philosophy.  But this video does it pretty well.

HAES says that some people, despite eating healthy and exercising appropriately, will still register as "overweight" or "obese".  Since there is no good statical evidence showing increased morbidity or mortality for "overweight" or a certain degree of "obese", those people should not literally kill themselves with unsafe attempts to get the number on the scale down.

WHITNEY and her ilk  take that to mean: since I'll still be "overweight" or "obese" even if I eat healthy and exercise appropriately, I shouldn't even bother with those things and just "live my life".

That's certainly a philosophy, but it isn't HAES.

What so offensive about Whitney is that: 1) she now has a platform to influence other people to follow her misguided excuse for sloth and gluttony; and 2) she's lying about eating healthy and exercising appropriately to make it seem that she's an example of HAES, when she most certainly is not.

• Love 10

Whitney is posting about the 2018 NOBS Cruise I might have asked before (but couldn’t find if I did) but are cruises like this mixed with NO BS  Cruise customers or are “celebrity” cruises totally separate ships?  If they are combined, do they section off the cruise ship or do you The NOBS People just go to special events for the members?  The reason I ask is if you were just a regular cruise goer and Whitney comes to dinner in a sports bra and tented skirt do you choke on your Braised short rib or ask for the exact Torrid item id number so you can copy “the look” later on during the cruise?

Actually, I’m asking because we are looking to go on a cruise this year and if I somehow managed to accidentally book this my husband would swear I did it on purpose, which I would, except I know he would miserable.  Also, has Whitney had these cruises since the season one? I do wonder if the show players behave the same on the cruises as on the show. Does a cruise in November mean we are going to get a Season 6?

5 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Whitney is posting about the 2018 NOBS Cruise I might have asked before (but couldn’t find if I did) but are cruises like this mixed with NO BS  Cruise customers or are “celebrity” cruises totally separate ships?  If they are combined, do they section off the cruise ship or do you The NOBS People just go to special events for the members?  The reason I ask is if you were just a regular cruise goer and Whitney comes to dinner in a sports bra and tented skirt do you choke on your Braised short rib or ask for the exact Torrid item id number so you can copy “the look” later on during the cruise?

Actually, I’m asking because we are looking to go on a cruise this year and if I somehow managed to accidentally book this my husband would swear I did it on purpose, which I would, except I know he would miserable.  Also, has Whitney had these cruises since the season one? I do wonder if the show players behave the same on the cruises as on the show. Does a cruise in November mean we are going to get a Season 6?

I never travel because I'm an introvert and I hate it. The last thing I traveled for was a Barbie convention in 2004, and I totally want to go to this, you know, for scientific observation purposes. To witness her in a live habitat, sort of. My husband begs me to travel anywhere all the time, and he is SO on to the fact that something is up, and he won't let me book it. I'm dying here.

• Love 2

Sometimes a whole ship is chartered.  Meri Brown just got back from a LulaRoe cruise, and they had the whole ship.  Other tickets had been sold, but those folks were contacted and told their cruise had been converted to a chartered cruise, so they were told to choose another date, and were given about $200 credit to spend on the ship.

In a case like Twit's cruise, the sponsoring company/person guarantees a minimum block of cabins, in exchange for which she and her barnacles would cruise for free (the more cabins sold, the more free barnacles).  They do have private activities for those who pay the additional cost of being part of a group.  You'd probably have a special sticker on your cruise card (your key and credit card while you're on a ship) so you could enter the lounges, etc., where private events are taking place.

I would strongly suspect that Twit only stripped down to her bra in a lounge.  If you're in one of the regular dining venues (unless ONLY NoBS are permitted), there is a dress code.  In the evenings, it's no shorts, no bathing suits, no sleeveless shirts (for men).  And, I would assume, no obese women in bras without shirts/blouses.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

The reason I ask is if you were just a regular cruise goer and Whitney comes to dinner in a sports bra and tented skirt do you choke on your Braised short rib or ask for the exact Torrid item id number so you can copy “the look” later on during the cruise?

Somehow I don't think she'd make the captain's table like that.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Sometimes a whole ship is chartered.  Meri Brown just got back from a LulaRoe cruise, and they had the whole ship.  Other tickets had been sold, but those folks were contacted and told their cruise had been converted to a chartered cruise, so they were told to choose another date, and were given about $200 credit to spend on the ship.

In a case like Twit's cruise, the sponsoring company/person guarantees a minimum block of cabins, in exchange for which she and her barnacles would cruise for free (the more cabins sold, the more free barnacles).  They do have private activities for those who pay the additional cost of being part of a group.  You'd probably have a special sticker on your cruise card (your key and credit card while you're on a ship) so you could enter the lounges, etc., where private events are taking place.

I would strongly suspect that Twit only stripped down to her bra in a lounge.  If you're in one of the regular dining venues (unless ONLY NoBS are permitted), there is a dress code.  In the evenings, it's no shorts, no bathing suits, no sleeveless shirts (for men).  And, I would assume, no obese women in bras without shirts/blouses.

Lol thanks for the info and for the laughs

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

There's a moment on the video where each panel member gives a brief summary of their goals and their diets. Jessica Powell mentions that her basic meal is 2 ounces of lean protein, a quarter cup of brown rice or other whole grain, and lots of leafy greens, and the fat she uses is coconut oil.  When Whitney is giving her intro summary, complaining about how fat people are judged unhealthy and her goal is to be healthy etc. etc. etc. she says something about not knowing how or what to eat. And then she, astonishingly, gives Jessica a side eye and says something along the lines of " but it will NEVER be 2 ounces of chicken and a quarter cup of brown rice."

I can only assume Will put her on the panel to serve as an Awful Warning to the rest of his clients. I'm quite sure none of them believe Whitney has worked out on-and-off with Will for seven years and was never given any information on how or what (or when) to eat. Hell, we've seen him do it ourselves!

Oh, and she's claiming she currently weights 355. Uh huh

I found it interesting that Whitney's parents forbade her to work 7 years ago when she first started with Will. Losing weight was her job. What adult in their midtwenties allows their parents to forbid anything! I thought she was more refined on the panel. I think she could possibly give important insights on nutrition and the effects.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LivinLovinLife said:

I found it interesting that Whitney's parents forbade her to work 7 years ago when she first started with Will. Losing weight was her job. What adult in their midtwenties allows their parents to forbid anything! I thought she was more refined on the panel. I think she could possibly give important insights on nutrition and the effects.

What adult in her mid twenties lives  with her parents so that her father can wake her up in the morning and literally spoon feed her breakfast?

Judging by the way she still eats, I doubt she has any insight at all into nutrition and its effects. According to her panel presentation,  her goal is be healthy (specifically to avoid the diabetes that runs in her family) but at 33 she still doesn't know much of anything about what to eat or how to prepare it. And she described her basic eating pattern as eating nothing (except coffee and a few snacks) all day, until she is absolutely ravenous, and then she buys fast food or orders food in that will arrive quickly because she doesn't keep food in her house.( And we all know about the 4 different pizza apps.)

Her major insight is that she feels she doesn't deserve to eat,  so she doesn't eat, and her biggest challenge is to get herself to eat.  Allow me to doubt that. I think there is nothing in the world Whitney doesn't feel she deserves, but I think she's figured out that saying that makes people feel sorry for her --oh you poor thing, of course you deserve to eat! Whitney's biggest challenge is to grow the hell up, take responsibility for the mess she's made of her physical condition and accept that improving her health requires some genuine discipline and sacrifice - no one has ever prevented Type 2 diabetes by  gorging themselves on fatty, sugary, processed foods.

• Love 11

I watched that video.  She is DELUSIONAL!  Wowza.

She is concerned she doesn't eat enough. That's her big struggle - to figure out how to eat more.

She feels she "doesn't deserve to eat" on some level, so she doesn't eat enough.

She hasn't had breakfast once in her entire life by her own free will.

She didn't have a job because losing weight WAS her full time job.  As an adult.  WTF.

WTF was the point of having her on this "panel" anyway?  

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Describing food as something she doesn't "deserve" should be a terrifying wake-up call to her that she has a really fucked up relationship with eating. 

It would mean that if she actually believes it. But I’m skeptical. It doesn’t seem like there is much Whitney doesn’t think she deserves. I suspect she knows that obese people often feel like others judge them when they eat so she says that to get sympathy from people. 

• Love 10