Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Judging by the way she still eats, I doubt she has any insight at all into nutrition and its effects. According to her panel presentation,  her goal is be healthy (specifically to avoid the diabetes that runs in her family) but at 33 she still doesn't know much of anything about what to eat or how to prepare it. And she described her basic eating pattern as eating nothing (except coffee and a few snacks) all day, until she is absolutely ravenous, and then she buys fast food or orders food in that will arrive quickly because she doesn't keep food in her house.( And we all know about the 4 different pizza apps.)

If anyone has seen the BBC show "Secret Eaters" this is a common thing that rarely/never works well. They swear they don't eat all day then only eat 1 big meal and don't understand why they can't lose weight. And it turns out, while they don't eat a defined breakfast/lunch, they snack on unfilling treats all day and drink high calorie drinks which can be hundreds or even 1000+ calories, all while swearing they "haven't really eaten anything". It's not intentional but sometimes people really don't realize that every little bit counts, even if it's small. One lady cooked for her family and would taste while cooking, and even though she didn't sit down and eat the meal after, just her tasting was hundreds of calories worth of food, as much as if she had actually had a normal plate.

I'd bet Whitney is the same. She doesn't see small snacks and coffee drinks as really eating so she doesn't count it, but they probably are hundred/thousands of sneaky calories. Then she is still hungry from the junk food and goes home and binges on a huge fast food meal that's another thousand calories. She doesn't think it's bad because it's only one meal, but it all adds up. 

The dietian on that show always recommends writing down exactly what you put in your mouth, no matter how small (insert joke here...). Even that one slice of ham or glass of juice while hanging out in the kitchen. And meal prep/schedule regular meals so you aren't tempted to rely on sugar to keep going then binge later.  Planning and having healthier options available can help the vicious cycle of hangry bad food decisions.  

• Love 10
On 2/13/2018 at 5:24 PM, ClareWalks said:

I am a fan of the "vintage look" one-piece suit for a bigger gal. Whitney should look into them. They are cute, at least, and stylish, and flatter a more bottom-heavy figure.

ea42a17aad1cd3137783a1fc869ae968.jpg

Vintage Swimwear Grace Red White Dot New Detail.jpg

I LOVE these! I want one. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

It would mean that if she actually believes it. But I’m skeptical. It doesn’t seem like there is much Whitney doesn’t think she deserves. I suspect she knows that obese people often feel like others judge them when they eat so she says that to get sympathy from people. 

You're probably right, I agree that she doesn't seem to actually believe this. The fact that she says something that loaded just because she has learned that's "what fat people say" kind of makes her a sociopath.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

You're probably right, I agree that she doesn't seem to actually believe this. The fact that she says something that loaded just because she has learned that's "what fat people say" kind of makes her a sociopath.

Very true. It would be interested to know how much of what Whitney does and says is consciously planned and how much is subconscious. She could use a really good therapist. Now that would be an interesting show.  

• Love 3
On 2/18/2018 at 8:11 PM, RabbiBeth said:

She is concerned she doesn't eat enough. That's her big struggle - to figure out how to eat more.

Doesn’t eat enough?????  Doesn’t eat enough??????  How did you watch that without puking?

I bet Dr. Now could tell her EXACTLY how many calories she’s consuming a day.  I would bet at least 8000. You do not get that big eating carrots. I weigh 180 and consume 1480 cal a day. And I can cover 2 miles in 45 minutes so I am sure I am moving more than she is.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 12

I don't know about 8000 (although it would not surprise me at all) but she has to be eating at least 3000 to maintain her weight, maybe even 3500. Now, I am not a professional dancer like Whitney, but I am tall and work out a lot and I maintain my weight on about 2400 calories a day. I rarely go over that, but a couple weeks ago I had a huge appetite because I was sore and getting over a cold, so I indulged a lot, eating about 3200 calories a day. It was disgusting. I felt like a freakin' pig. I can't imagine eating that way all the time and just thinking "oh, this is totally normal," let alone eating that way all the time and thinking "god, I am hardly eating ANYTHING."

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Ketzel said:

And then she, astonishingly, gives Jessica a side eye and says something along the lines of " but it will NEVER be 2 ounces of chicken and a quarter cup of brown rice."

And not in some self-deprecating, ‘I eat more than that’ kind of way, but in a smug, self-satisfied, ‘Well you’re clearly starving yourself’ judge-y kind of way! She snootily states that their diets are akin to ‘moralizing’ about food and says that she doesn’t do that because she’s ‘body positive,’ as if their food habits are a moral failing, as if we don’t have eyes, as if we can’t look at that stage and tell who respects and cares for his/her body, and who clearly DOES NOT.

I couldn’t even watch more than that, my god. I know I’m a broken record here but Whitney could weigh anything and she’d still be a miserable, hateful dick with a noxious personality. Word to the wise: you can lose weight but you can’t fix asshole. 

• Love 24
48 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

And not in some self-deprecating, ‘I eat more than that’ kind of way, but in a smug, self-satisfied, ‘Well you’re clearly starving yourself’ judge-y kind of way! She snootily states that their diets are akin to ‘moralizing’ about food and says that she doesn’t do that because she’s ‘body positive,’ as if their food habits are a moral failing, as if we don’t have eyes, as if we can’t look at that stage and tell who respects and cares for his/her body, and who clearly DOES NOT.

I couldn’t even watch more than that, my god. I know I’m a broken record here but Whitney could weigh anything and she’d still be a miserable, hateful dick with a noxious personality. Word to the wise: you can lose weight but you can’t fix asshole. 

I know. One of the most fascinating/infuriating thing about watching that video, is how morbidly obese Whitney manages to sit there and condescend to the others on the panel who so clearly (in her opinion) have a judgmental, disordered and terribly unhealthy relationship with food.  SHE knows all about that, because she (say it with me now) once lost 100lbs by cultivating an eating disorder. She still may have issues with how (little) she eats, she implies, but THEY have the much more serious issue of unhealthy dieting to maintain an unhealthy, socially manufactured, "desireable" weight. And she, so much wiser than they are, would have NOTHING to do with their unhealthy, goal-setting, gym culture, if it wasn't for her love for Will. She wraps her criticism of their behavior in her "poor me, I don't really feel deep down I deserve food, but at least I know better than to set numerical goals for myself, like you all do. I set the much wiser goal of "good health," but whenever I seek help, I only get advice that I know will require me to return to my disordered eating. What's a poor fat girl to do? "

She's such a piece of work.  She moves the target so fast, I'm not surprised the others on the panel could only sit there and stare at her as she spoke. Boiled down, she was saying, "I don't want to lose weight. I don't deserve to eat. I don't eat. No one has told me how to improve my health without resorting to an eating disorder. All of you very fit people with your competition goals and your well-maintained physiques are slaves to the diet industry and have nothing to teach me. I want someone to tell me how to avoid diabetes without making any changes in my eating or my pattern of eating, and their advice has to include more food, because I don't really eat."

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

. I set the much wiser goal of "good health,"

And we all know she is the example of good health to which we all aspire.

(If you are like Sheldon Cooper, yes, that was sarcasm.)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Doesn’t eating enough?????  Doesn’t eat enough??????  How did you watch that without puking?

I bet Dr. Now could tell her EXACTLY how many calories she’s consuming a day.  I would bet at least 8000. You do not get that big eating carrots. I weigh 180 and consume 1480 cal a day. And I can cover 2 miles in 45 minutes so I am sure I am moving more than she is.

Yup. We've all observed how ridiculous her denial is and she is also inconsistent with her stories. On the panel she claims she fears she doesn't eat enough, then in the last episode when Piggy was being sent away and they lured it with food, she said something about how she had that in common with the pig (food). 

She is the most disingenuous person I've ever seen. 

Edited to add: Did they put her on this panel as a practical joke? Almost seems like she's being punk'd.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

She's such a piece of work.  She moves the target so fast, I'm not surprised the others on the panel could only sit there and stare at her as she spoke. Boiled down, she was saying, "I don't want to lose weight. I don't deserve to eat. I don't eat. No one has told me how to improve my health without resorting to an eating disorder. All of you very fit people with your competition goals and your well-maintained physiques are slaves to the diet industry and have nothing to teach me. I want someone to tell me how to avoid diabetes without making any changes in my eating or my pattern of eating, and their advice has to include more food, because I don't really eat."

A quote I once heard- "She's throwing every excuse at the dartboard and seeing which one sticks." It's a medical condition, mental soothing technique, starvation diet, beauty standards are bad, I found one study that refutes mainstream health guidelines, it's the government's fault, etc.  

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Dot said:

I know this constant refrain annoys most of you, but it really makes me angry. My story is similar to hers. I weighed around 380 #s & lost 120. (Tho by food mgmt, exercise & journaling, not by foolish, nonsustainable methods.)

I've maintained the loss but never been able to lose more, possibly becuz of set point, possibly becuz I am so disabled to be able to exercise more strenuously. 

I would have loved to have lost another 100+ #s. But I didn't say "Fuck it. Since I can't be at my goal weight, I'll regain all I lost and more."

Instead, I am grateful every day that I no longer weigh 380 #s. That my hips no longer measure 69". That I don't need a seatbelt extender in my car. That I'm not wolfing down 3,000 calores a day without even tasting how good the food is.

I could go on and on. I just want to throttle Twit when she says -- again & again -- that she proved herself able to lose wgt if she wanted to. No, you didn't. What you proved is that you were too stupid to realize how much better life could have been for you at 200 #s than at 400+. Yes, you would have still been morbidly obese & unkind people would have still yelled "Fatty" & "Whale Tail" at you. But at 200 #s, not 400+. And, believe me, that's a huge difference.

Will Powell sold his soul to the devil when he let hinself get seduced into appearing on MBFFL.

He put Twit on the panel becuz she had a YouTube video that went viral & because MBFFL draws a million viewers weekly. All Will sees is the money he will make if he becomes a YouTube phenom. If he had any integrity left, he would have called Twit out for everything she said. Instead, he nodded his head in approval. He really has become a sham.

I can't click the heart enough times for this one. 

7 minutes ago, alabetser said:

A quote I once heard- "She's throwing every excuse at the dartboard and seeing which one sticks." It's a medical condition, mental soothing technique, starvation diet, beauty standards are bad, I found one study that refutes mainstream health guidelines, it's the government's fault, etc.  

All things to all people. PCOS is like duct tape here.

• Love 8

I am also totally flummoxed by Whitney's boast that she "knows how to lose weight, I lost 100 lb." 1) She claims she did so by becoming anorexic (which we all know is bullshit, I did the calculations and for her to lose that weight in the 8 months she claims, she had to be consuming 1400-1800 cal a day - NOT anorexic numbers). 2) SHE DIDN'T KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF. That is like saying "I know how to quit heroin, I quit it for 8 months! Just because I am using heroin again doesn't mean I CAN'T QUIT." 3) Getting in shape isn't something that is done once and then you never have to do it again. It's a new lifestyle. This is something that people who maintain weight loss understand, and clearly Whitney does not.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I know. One of the most fascinating/infuriating thing about watching that video, is how morbidly obese Whitney manages to sit there and condescend to the others on the panel who so clearly (in her opinion) have a judgmental, disordered and terribly unhealthy relationship with food.  SHE knows all about that, because she (say it with me now) once lost 100lbs by cultivating an eating disorder. She still may have issues with how (little) she eats, she implies, but THEY have the much more serious issue of unhealthy dieting to maintain an unhealthy, socially manufactured, "desireable" weight. And she, so much wiser than they are, would have NOTHING to do with their unhealthy, goal-setting, gym culture, if it wasn't for her love for Will. She wraps her criticism of their behavior in her "poor me, I don't really feel deep down I deserve food, but at least I know better than to set numerical goals for myself, like you all do. I set the much wiser goal of "good health," but whenever I seek help, I only get advice that I know will require me to return to my disordered eating. What's a poor fat girl to do? "

She's such a piece of work.  She moves the target so fast, I'm not surprised the others on the panel could only sit there and stare at her as she spoke. Boiled down, she was saying, "I don't want to lose weight. I don't deserve to eat. I don't eat. No one has told me how to improve my health without resorting to an eating disorder. All of you very fit people with your competition goals and your well-maintained physiques are slaves to the diet industry and have nothing to teach me.

Yes! You said this so much better than I did. I truly do wonder if she really believes she’s superior to these actually-healthy people because of how she eats, or if she knows she’s a joke and uses superiority as a defense mechanism. 

• Love 6

She never eats before 9pm?  In what world?  How many times have we seen her eating in broad daylight?  The time she made that mess of cold noodles, mayo, cheese and tuna?  Pizza with the barnacles how many times?  All the fast food wrappers in her car the time that Will called her out on the huge cookie?  The scarfing down of the cake samples that she absolutely "hated"?  And I'm sure I'm missing others.  Wasn't it a meal at an outdoor café during the day that Kerryn the comedienne first called her out?  Or am I thinking of something else?  

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I truly do wonder if she really believes she’s superior to these actually-healthy people because of how she eats, or if she knows she’s a joke and uses superiority as a defense mechanism. 

She reminds me of Bette Midler's character in The First Wives Club (a spectacular movie BTW). Her ex-husband married Sarah Jessica Parker who is quite thin, and Bette Midler keeps constantly cutting her down at a department store for being bony and looking like a child and being anorexic or bulimic. Finally SJP's character retorts "why don't you try this dress on IN YOUR SIZE?" and Bette's face just falls to the floor, she is so devastated and wronged and wow what a bitch SJP is, even though at that point Bette's character totally deserved to be taken down a peg for how she was acting. Whitney would be all over how someone doesn't eat enough, skinny bitch, anorexic, then if you say anything in response would cry about it. We've kind of seen that before, in her response to the comedian.

• Love 11
On 2/18/2018 at 11:14 PM, alabetser said:

I'd bet Whitney is the same. She doesn't see small snacks and coffee drinks as really eating so she doesn't count it, but they probably are hundred/thousands of sneaky calories. Then she is still hungry from the junk food and goes home and binges on a huge fast food meal that's another thousand calories. She doesn't think it's bad because it's only one meal, but it all adds up.

Everyone knows that a cookie you break has no calories.  When you break it, all the calories fall out.

• Love 18
17 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

She never eats before 9pm?  In what world?  How many times have we seen her eating in broad daylight?  The time she made that mess of cold noodles, mayo, cheese and tuna?  Pizza with the barnacles how many times?  All the fast food wrappers in her car the time that Will called her out on the huge cookie?  The scarfing down of the cake samples that she absolutely "hated"?  And I'm sure I'm missing others.  Wasn't it a meal at an outdoor café during the day that Kerryn the comedienne first called her out?  Or am I thinking of something else?  

I saw an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 called "Attack of the Eye Creatures".  Throughout the featured movie, the characters consistently refer to it being nighttime, even though it is very obviously day. 

Maybe that's what TLC is doing.  Maybe when you see her in obvious bright light conditions, it is really 1:00 in the morning.

18 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I am also totally flummoxed by Whitney's boast that she "knows how to lose weight, I lost 100 lb." 1) She claims she did so by becoming anorexic (which we all know is bullshit, I did the calculations and for her to lose that weight in the 8 months she claims, she had to be consuming 1400-1800 cal a day - NOT anorexic numbers). 2) SHE DIDN'T KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF. That is like saying "I know how to quit heroin, I quit it for 8 months! Just because I am using heroin again doesn't mean I CAN'T QUIT." 3) Getting in shape isn't something that is done once and then you never have to do it again. It's a new lifestyle. This is something that people who maintain weight loss understand, and clearly Whitney does not.

I've lost at least 160 pounds since 1997, if you only count the weight I've lost and don't deduct the regained weight from those numbers.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't know about 8000 (although it would not surprise me at all) but she has to be eating at least 3000 to maintain her weight, maybe even 3500. Now, I am not a professional dancer like Whitney, but I am tall and work out a lot and I maintain my weight on about 2400 calories a day. I rarely go over that, but a couple weeks ago I had a huge appetite because I was sore and getting over a cold, so I indulged a lot, eating about 3200 calories a day. It was disgusting. I felt like a freakin' pig. I can't imagine eating that way all the time and just thinking "oh, this is totally normal," let alone eating that way all the time and thinking "god, I am hardly eating ANYTHING."

The bigger you get, the more energy it takes to maintain basic living functions.  So your resting metabolism increase.  It's almost like the bigger you get, the more food you have to eat to continue gaining.  Like it almost becomes a challenge to keep it up.  Your stomach gets bigger, which makes you require more food to avoid hunger pangs.  Also you can eat more without feeling ill.  So that's gotta help.  Still, in the beginning of a weight loss effort it's pretty easy to lose weight because your metabolism is so high that just putting in an ounce of effort will burn off the weight.

• Love 5

I used to belong to Weight Watchers.  We had a bunch of "rules" (that we did NOT discuss at the actual meetings):

• Anything you eat while with another active member of WW doesn't count.
  • Anything you eat standing up doesn't count.
  • Broken cookies have no calories, because they all dribbled out at the break point.
  • Love 8

I would like to see a show about that big lady who does yoga. Does she have videos?  

Seriously. I want to be motivated positively, not by learning to do the opposite of whatever Twit does. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I used to belong to Weight Watchers.  We had a bunch of "rules" (that we did NOT discuss at the actual meetings):

• Anything you eat while with another active member of WW doesn't count.
  • Anything you eat standing up doesn't count.
  • Broken cookies have no calories, because they all dribbled out at the break point.

I was in WW too for a while.  That's where I learned the cookie "rule".  Also, there was "Food taken for medicinal purposes, such as ice cream for a sore throat, doesn't count."

10 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

I was looking for other treasure and forgot about this gem. See you tomorrow. 

{VIDEO SNIPPED}

Ugh.  I  couldn't get through more than a minute of that.  Did Whitney just try to elicit sympathy by comparing her being fat with incurable physical deformities?  You can lose weight.  You can't regrow a lost leg.  You can't fix disfiguring scar tissue.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

Ugh.  I  couldn't get through more than a minute of that.  Did Whitney just try to elicit sympathy by comparing her being fat with incurable physical deformities?  You can lose weight.  You can't regrow a lost leg.  You can't fix disfiguring scar tissue.

Yep. That's exactly what happened.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

Yep. That's exactly what happened.

One thing I noticed is there is a high volume of cheering for Whitney in the comments.  A lot of people say "she is trying to be fit and healthy!"  That's clearly not true.  Do you suppose maybe these people are watching the early episodes when that was somewhat true?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

One thing I noticed is there is a high volume of cheering for Whitney in the comments.  A lot of people say "she is trying to be fit and healthy!"  That's clearly not true.  Do you suppose maybe these people are watching the early episodes when that was somewhat true?

The publish date places it in season 2, so I'd say yes. I didn't become completely disillusioned and furious with her until season 3.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Brooks said:

"You'd be dangerous in a revolving door."  LOLOL

Come to think of it, we've never seen her use one, have we?

I just came out of the bathroom at work, and I noticed the doors on the stalls were kinda narrow.  Room for an average sized human, though I had to fold my arms tight against me.  I wonder if someone like Whitney would even fit.  She must use the handicapped stalls in public bathrooms.

• Love 2

I think what Twitney has totally confused and twisted is the concept of not putting off things you would like to do because of your weight (or other issue you may have) and to not WAIT to finish losing weight or (?).  You can do those things (ie: parasail, go to the beach, dance, etc) and NOT wait until you lose the weight.  Her twist is that she is doing those things and twisted it to be....I am going to do these things and YOU will accept me EXACTLY as I am....And that is fine, we all want to be accepted for who we are.  But we still recognize we have an issue that needs to be worked on and accept we are not there yet, or unable to change it....so we don't try to hold back from accomplishing things and enjoy life and not weight for those last 25lbs to depart......BUT she has taken it to another level preaching she IS capable to do things and therefore refuses to admit she should lose weight or change her eating habits.  You know damn well if she could suddenly be 250lbs lighter than she is today she would GRAB that option....Just think--she could then do a back roll, walk a 5K without panting, wear cuter clothes and feel better, have some dates, not wear a cPAP machine, shave her own legs, tie her own shoes, fit on an airplane, not wear an extender when she drives, etc etc etc....You know darn well she knows these are things that will make her happier but she is so DAMN stubborn and twists shit on other to deflect off her.   Am I making sense?

• Love 13

You are absolutely making sense.  

Hubby and I are in our 70s.  We'd found the scale sneaking up, and knew that we had to start reversing that . . . not "think" about it . . . DO IT.

We started walking 5,000 steps a day a few weeks ago, with an intentional plan to move it up 1,000 steps a day every week.  We are now at 8,000 steps a day . . . and just walking is so much easier.  We are also intentionally eating less, and drinking more water.  Weight is going down SLOWLY, but it is going down.  And we have a sense of accomplishment that Twit would never understand in her current lifestyle choices.  The important thing is that we are behaving intentionally to reach a goal.

• Love 18

I was working out with my trainer this morning (new and temporary deadlift record 165 lbs, yay me) and talking about the show but referred to it as My 600 lb Life and confused my trainer. The titles are interchangeable, I guess. 

• Love 8

Those absolutely disgusting!!! I understand and appreciate controlling weight can be difficult for some. She makes NO attempt to be healthy. She is ignorant to the fact she isn't be celebrated.  She is a car wreck and people can't turn away. She does nothing to make people sympathetic of her health. It's true..."Ignorance is bliss!". She makes doing a 8k look like a fuckin marathon! When I watched it just made me angry! I'm done with my rant.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kar328 said:

I was working out with my trainer this morning (new and temporary deadlift record 165 lbs, yay me) and talking about the show but referred to it as My 600 lb Life and confused my trainer. The titles are interchangeable, I guess. 

Good job Kar....and ya know, as we have all said before Twit is just a few pizzas, frappe drinks and pasta bowls away from My Big Fat Fabulous 600 lb Life.

• Love 3

Christ almighty. Here is Whitney being SUCH A FUCKING BITCH to a fan who just wondered if Whitney was the one typing up responses on her page instead of an assistant. Seriously, Whitney is so over-the-top NASTY to her followers, it is astonishing she has any.

Capture.PNG

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Christ almighty. Here is Whitney being SUCH A FUCKING BITCH to a fan who just wondered if Whitney was the one typing up responses on her page instead of an assistant. Seriously, Whitney is so over-the-top NASTY to her followers, it is astonishing she has any.

Capture.PNG

How hard would it be to make a 5 second clip saying the person's name and uploading it with a wave and a smile? Why does she have to be so nasty? I could understand if it was someone who had posted "hey you fat bitch," but that's not what happened here. Someday she's going to be all alone, and she'll have no one to blame but herself, regardless of whether she's skinny or fat.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

To play devil's advocate for a moment here.... Whitney faces a lot of negativity*, and she puts herself out there a lot.  I can't blame her for having a short fuse.

*not that it isn't deserved

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Thrifty said:

To play devil's advocate for a moment here.... Whitney faces a lot of negativity*, and she puts herself out there a lot.  I can't blame her for having a short fuse.

*not that it isn't deserved

I don't understand why she responds to it, though. A hundred people give her praise and she says nothing, one person says something that could possibly be interpreted negatively and she's up their ass. She needs to focus on her big fans (pun) or she will lose them. She is WAY too easy for people to troll.

• Love 10