Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Aruba

• Start Topic

(edited)

Okay, so I was on board until the very end. Then Rip leaving ruined my good will. Need to watch Prison Break now, so I'll have to add more later. But not happy.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 7
(edited)

That was a mess but I loved it! Just so much fun. The idiots broke time!! I'm surprised it took them so long.

I loved the two Legend groups facing off against each other and the final fight with the Legion.

Then Rip leaving ruined the goodwill I had for the show.

Yeah. I've never been the biggest Rip fan (except when he was Evil and hot) but I'm sad about him leaving. I assume he'd have to come back now  though to fix the monumental clusterf*ck they created. He is the time guy after all.

Im glad Amaya made it and she's in no hurry to go to 1942. I'll put up with Nate if it means we get to keep Amaya.

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 6

Overall it was a fun finale. I think they were able to wrap things up a little to neatly for the LoD so that part was boring and Amaya continues to live outside of time, being out for over a year should start time ripples and start changing things.

Of course now they have to deal with a Neo/Prehistoric merge of 2017 so we'll see how this goes.

Laurel/Sara are the best pairing in the Flarrowgirl-verse. Those two play off each other the best and bring out each others A-game. It wasn't as emotional as they tried to play it up to be but it was heartwarming. 

Disappointed that none of the team members actually died. They dropped Rip so I guess someone will replace him.

• Love 2

That was a great episode! They broke time, but they also defeated a powerful villain. I loved Sara depowered the Spear, one thing no one would expect anyone to do. No one should have that much power, so she took the power away. 

Nice scene with Laurel, one of the few scenes of her I like. Now I can never see her again on this show. 

They can't force actors to stay on the show if they don't want to. Although I think Rip will be back next season after AD is done filming whatever he's leaving for. Although I'm here for Captain Sara. My favorites stayed so I'm good. Mick's alive and has a team. 

I'm guessing they created another universe, so it doesn't affect the other shows. I think the Legends have entered the Multiverse. 

• Love 11

If they have entered the Multiverse like I've been requesting, Ill be content. Of course this means we could see Multiverse versions of everyone, so a 3rd version of Laurel lol.

But since they have to be part of the big crossover, something will happen to get them back to 2017 proper.

• Love 2
(edited)

I missed the first 12ish minutes but got the gist; Ray and Stein get killed in the Doomworld.

It was great to see the doubles of most of the team interacting with each other.

Sara and Mick were the best parts, and glad that Mick is a part of the team again. Hopefully no more "we can't trust Mick" stuff. On that note, shut up Stein, the ship crashing had nothing to do with Mick navigating.

Sad Rip left, but since the consequences of what they did are so bad, I'm sure he'll be back.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed no one died just that I thought there was going to be some changes for next season, but everyone but Rip is still there. I was so happy when Nate volunteered to go back to Zambasi with Amaya! Like literal grin on my face, but then Amaya's like "nope, I wanna stay here with you," which I get because if her destiny is so bad then yeah, no one would want to go back, but she actually is an important figure so I agree with @Primal Slayer its not going to go well for the team.

The only episode of Arrow I've seen are the crossover Flash episodes but that scene with Sara and Laurel was great. Tough but right choice for them.

I love this crazy show!

Edit: Forgot to mention my favorite part: Ray reacting to Mick dying, and the real Mick reacting to that, and the "No hugging." That was funny and cute. Finally some Ray and Mick friendship that's been missing the last couple of episodes.

Edited by dkb
  • Love 6
(edited)

It is rather funny that Rip left because they didn't need him anymore RIGHT before it's revealed that everything went to hell.  So maybe his departure isn't as set in stone as it looked.  But that's probably just denial talking.  Rats.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 15
17 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

The Legends have officially broken time worse than Barry Allen ever did. Say what you will about the man, he never unleashed dinosaurs on the world. I hope they get to hear some crap over it at least. I'll miss Rip.

Time should've been changed with how much they interfered with the war. A giant ship crashing should've had an impact on things but that is the flaw of this show, they don't really acknowledge all the things the Legends are technically screwing up.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, it wasn't the blood bath I feared it would be, but why would they get rid of Rip?!?! We spent all this time with him, letting his character develop, and now he's just gone? Maybe he`ll come back when he realizes the gang accidently broke time. Whoops.

So, I'm so conflicted. Rip is gone, but not dead, but dinosaurs!

I guess I should just be happy the majority of the team is still here, to continue fucking up time while simultaneously saving it. More later.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, kirinan said:

Okay, so I was on board until the very end. Then Rip leaving ruined my good will. Need to watch Prison Break now, so I'll have to add more later. But not happy.

I'm right there with you. Funny, I spent the afternoon trying to prep myself for the potential loss of Mick (followed immediately by PB), but I'm just as disappointed that it's Rip I'm losing instead. I had a feeling that I wouldn't get out of this season with all my favorites intact.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, dkb said:

Edit: Forgot to mention my favorite part: Ray reacting to Mick dying, and the real Mick reacting to that, and the "No hugging." That was funny and cute. Finally some Ray and Mick friendship that's been missing the last couple of episodes.

Yeah, it's about time they acknowledged Ray and Mick's friendship.

I'll admit when they were crashing into the city, part of me thought it was going to be Metropolis.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

I'll admit when they were crashing into the city, part of me thought it was going to be Metropolis.

That would have been perfect, especially if they had worked in a crossover with Supergirl's finale and started the two shows together next fall. 

I don't think we've seen the last of Rip. I'm curious as to where he ended up with the time aberration. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RandomMe said:

I'm right there with you. Funny, I spent the afternoon trying to prep myself for the potential loss of Mick (followed immediately by PB), but I'm just as disappointed that it's Rip I'm losing instead. I had a feeling that I wouldn't get out of this season with all my favorites intact.

I just don't see why it couldn't be Nate instead. Is it because the actor is cheaper than Arthur Darvill? That's all I can think of, because while I don't dislike him, I'm sorry, I just don't see the use for the character. I just have to go with @squidprincess's thought about the timing. Maybe it's not permanent, and he'll be back. 

I am glad we didn't lose anyone else, and I'm glad Mick wiped Snart's memory so there's a chance we can get another guest star appearance by a potentially better version of him.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 7
(edited)

As to the ship crashing in 1916, people see weird stuff in war.  As to Rip leaving, the door is wide open for him to come back at any time.  Honestly, I thought we might be losing Rip, Nate, Amaya and Mick to make room for an influx of newbies next season.  I'd like another woman on the team but I'd also really like for them to do something like bring Matt Ryan's John Constantine onto the ship for maybe episode or two because oh shit, I just saw this awesome thing.

I do like that the "Big Bad" conflict of next season is the Legends vs the Legends' giant time fuckup.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Of course now they have to deal with a Neo/Prehistoric merge of 2017 so we'll see how this goes.

It was more than dinosaurs in LA.   Big Ben was in the middle of the city and there was a building clearly meant to be from the future.   I think they broke time and space.  It reminds me of The Once and Future Thing from Justice League Unlimited.    I suspect we'll see Jonah Hex and Abra Kadabra riding T Rexs in the middle of American Revolution.

Rip is totally coming back.   'I've taught you everything you need to know'   Uh, yeah, except how too repair the most colossal fuck up in the history of history.

• Love 8

I can't believe Sara wouldn't have Snart survive the blast with her small changes to reality. I know Miller wants to be part-time but man, I really thought we were going to get Snart and Snart for a fast minute before the dropped off Doom-Snart back before Legends all started.

I lost track of the Spear, its still on the ship right?

• Love 1

Aww man. And it was such a great finale until Rip left. I was really hoping that it wouldn't be him. Where is he going to go anyway? At least he's not dead so he can return, but that just sucks. Even with the cliffhanger, I doubt we'll see him make an immediate return, although it would be hilarious and twisty if he just walked back in, complaining about how he just left and how he told them all so. 

I guess that's the deaths that the showrunner was talking about. But hey! Guys! Sara's the only one to not be murdered! What a change for her! All the deaths were fairly lackluster. Mick's death might have sucked the most, if only because he was killed by his best friend.  

Interesting that Amaya said that her destiny would be waiting for her, but for now, she wanted to stay on the team. I knew that would probably be her answer, and I'm glad they basically pointed out that they're time masters of sorts, so there's no set date for when Amaya HAS to return to 1942 to fulfill her destiny. Just not too much time where she's old and about to die. So she could probably spend her next couple of years with Nate, then return to 1942, with or without him.

Ah, memory wiping devices. Of course they also have those handy. I can't remember when, or if, we've ever seen those.

I just realized that there was very little Victor Garber in the finale. He didn't show up much. Granted, his future self was not with them, but still.  

I was convinced that either Mick or Stein were going to either die or quit the team (Stein getting Sara to use the Spear to separate him and Jax so that Jax could stay with the team), but Rip leaving sucks in a whole other way. I am glad for Mick living and not dying in his redemption arc. I have just started watching Prison Break for the first time, so I would like to still have as much Dominic Purcell as possible in my future for when I finish the series. 

• Love 5

So, anyone else thinking Kamandi?

In my head canon Rip is going back to 1868 to finally live with his soulmate Jonah Hex.

Sucks that they seem to have finally gotten rid of Thawne. The best villain any of these three shows have produced. Plus, I still think Amaya has more chemistry with just about everyone else but Nate. I think it's that guy's acting as much as it is the writing for the character.

• Love 5

Best cliffhanger ever!  I can think of several shows that would suddenly be awesome in dinosaurs randomly showed up.  The Legends really do suck at this whole time traveling thing.  At least Barry can take solace he's never brought a T-Rex to Central City!

Crazy ass episode, but I loved almost every minute of it.  The Legends meeting their future selves and all the hijinks that came with it (my favorite was either the Rips both saying "Oh, bollox! or the Micks facing off against each other.)  The Legion of Doom being their normal petty, but dangerous selves.  A lot of great action and even drama.  Even if I figured there was going to be some kind of reset, some of those deaths were hard to watch.  Ray getting his heart yanked out was nuts and Martin's reaction to Future Jax's death was sad.

Liked that it ended up being Sara after-all, who used the spear to save the day, and she had to address the darkness that is always in her, plus the need to try and save Laurel.  The Lance sister scene was well done, and I even thought Katie Cassidy did a good job.  But if this episode has a MVP, I would definitely go with Caity Lotz.  Can't wait to see more of Captain Lance!

Mick was probably let off easily all things considering, but I don't want Dominic Purcell going anywhere, so I'm fine with it.  Hopefully his final conversation with Snart is a sign that he is finally going to quit regressing.

Fitting end with the Legion getting set back to their original timelines, and Eobard being destroyed by the Speedster he's been running from. Certainly hope Matt Letscher's involvement in any of the DC shows isn't over yet.  He really is perfection as Eobard and was one of the best season long villains in quite some time.

Glad that Amaya is sticking around for now.  And, I guess Nate too.  I can live with it, even if I'm still not wild about his character.

Rip's sudden exit feels like a case of Arthur Darvill being too busy to stick around.  I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back in some form, but maybe not as a regular?  Too bad: he wasn't my favorite, but I like the idea of him assuming a sort of first officer-type role, and giving Sara advice and even calling her out when she is wrong.  Plus, Gideon will miss him!

Well done, Legends of Tomorrow.  You have somehow become my favorite CW DC show.  Sure, you may be insane, play extremely loose with the rules, and have moments that make no sense at times, but you do so in such glorious fashion!  And, simply put, you are entertaining as hell, and I can't wait till the next season.  With dinosaurs!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bettername2come said:

The Legends have officially broken time worse than Barry Allen ever did. Say what you will about the man, he never unleashed dinosaurs on the world. I hope they get to hear some crap over it at least. I'll miss Rip.

It reminds me of how history was destroyed when Doctor Who wasn't killed (don't ask). Might as well learn to ruin time from the big dog.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Interesting that Amaya said that her destiny would be waiting for her, but for now, she wanted to stay on the team. I knew that would probably be her answer, and I'm glad they basically pointed out that they're time masters of sorts, so there's no set date for when Amaya HAS to return to 1942 to fulfill her destiny. Just not too much time where she's old and about to die. So she could probably spend her next couple of years with Nate, then return to 1942, with or without him.

Isn't the timeline already in danger right now, though? In one of the episodes where they went to the Whitehouse Amaya's friend from the JSA (Mid-nite?) indicated that they all thought she had just them left all those years. If she stays away too long the timeline with her gone will set (just like they couldn't have their younger selfs be out of the timeline too long). But the show play fast and loose with how much time that takes and actions having consequences. But on the other hand if she does go back will the events of the Whitehouse episode change since Mid-nite won't think that she left them...

Rex Tyler is dead which would also mean a big change to the timeline. They didn't end up saving him, or does killing Eobard retroactively erase all his actions up until that point? Speaking of Rex, I wonder if the writers forgot that the reason Amaya was on this mission in the first place was avenging/saving Rex...She should have at least been there for the final Eobard moment or had some dialogue about it.

I hope that next season we find out that the mess that time has become is not just from them breaking the first rule this episode, but an accumulation of all the changes they made in every single time they went to in the first 2 seasons that seemingly never had consequences to the timeline while they should have had (in some cases major) consequences.

I thought it could have been fun if they landed in an alternate universe and that season 3 would have been them trying to find their own universe (like that TV show Sliders?)

• Love 3

"Hey, Rip left a farewell note." "Actually, it's a picture of a butt, with 'Lots of luck! You're going to need it!!' scrawled on it."

Good finale to a great season. Nobody died, yet everybody died. The team didn't dogpile on Mick that hard this time. Malcolm broke up his Dark Archer gear, and he separated Jax and Martin in one shot. And the show channeled Supernatural with the "Time" intro.

Great tactic by Eobard, coming back again and again. If it turns out that fractured things more than the Legends. He didn't think Sara would fix things, and he got nailed by Zoom . . . which is far grislier than watching him fade after Eddie killed himself.

Nice that Sara got the Big Hero moment. I would've understood if Mick got it, but she's the heart of the show. My big fear is that she didn't pull a Captain America with the Cosmic Cube in the comics, bringing Laurel back without realizing it. I hear things, but I'm choosing to live in denial. Like three years ago, where I didn't see anything into Sara handing Laurel her jacket.

Next season: Legion of Superheroes. It has to happen.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

I lost track of the Spear, its still on the ship right?

Sara used it to depower itself, and then Thawne was holding it when Black Racer got him and it dissolved along with him.  And Black Racer did NOT seem to like Future!Sara (but she vanished, so that's no longer relevant).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kirinan said:

I just don't see why it couldn't be Nate instead. Is it because the actor is cheaper than Arthur Darvill? That's all I can think of, because while I don't dislike him, I'm sorry, I just don't see the use for the character. I just have to go with @squidprincess's thought about the timing. Maybe it's not permanent, and he'll be back. 

I am glad we didn't lose anyone else, and I'm glad Mick wiped Snart's memory so there's a chance we can get another guest star appearance by a potentially better version of him.

I actually reallly dislike Nate, I feel they've been kind of unfairly pushing him forward at other character's expense for most of the season.  He's really annoying and honestly it's not like he's that great an actor.  He's certainly no prize.

• Love 13

Last time.

I was trying to say I agree with the comments that AD shaving his beard off was a bad omen.

I hate that Nate and Amaya are staying.

I am glad their is a long break. I need it from this show.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Last time.

I was trying to say I agree with the comments that AD shaving his beard off was a bad omen.

I hate that Nate and Amaya are staying.

I am glad their is a long break. I need it from this show.

Yes, and I was trying to say the same thing (before I got mod!smacked for posting in the wrong thread). I knew when he posted that picture, he was gone.

Uh, I also said in the post that got deleted that Nate was a douche-wielding waste of space, and I really want that sentiment recorded for posterity. :)

• Love 6

I like Amaya but they seem to be ignoring their own rules by having her stay on the ship. Stein makes a minor change to his past and BAM! he gets a daughter within a month. Amaya stays outside of the timeline for a year and *crickets* nothing changes.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I like Amaya but they seem to be ignoring their own rules by having her stay on the ship. Stein makes a minor change to his past and BAM! he gets a daughter within a month. Amaya stays outside of the timeline for a year and *crickets* nothing changes.

To be fair, that one minor change basically involved 'getting closer' with his wife, which under most circumstances increases the possibility of a child.  :)  Though that said, it does seem that for someone who is supposed to have a destiny, disappearing from the time line for seventy something years doesn't seem to have affected Amaya's future or her granddaughter too much.

Overall this is how I like my season finales. A lot of fun, wrapping up most of the plot lines, and then hooking you for next season.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Time should've been changed with how much they interfered with the war. A giant ship crashing should've had an impact on things but that is the flaw of this show, they don't really acknowledge all the things the Legends are technically screwing up.

Except for the two times Mick monologued at the beginning of the show. ;-)

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Good finale to a great season. Nobody died, yet everybody died. The team didn't dogpile on Mick that hard this time. Malcolm broke up his Dark Archer gear, and he separated Jax and Martin in one shot. And the show channeled Supernatural with the "Time" intro.

Yeah, that song is really good for LoT obviously, but it's also very specifically tied in my mind to intro recap on Supernatural episode "Everybody Loves a Clown" (which means I've probably watched that episode too much). Apparently it's a great song to dramatically show someone's death from the previous episode.

I know it's likely WM's choice, but I still wish I could have Snart (anti-hero version, not full-villain version) back fulltime. Especially if I'm losing Rip. (And especially if I'm still stuck with moon-y Nate. SNS) Gonna have to go back and watch his scenes from S1 again. Followed by Rip's scenes from S2. 

• Love 5
(edited)

For a minute, when Amaya said she was going back to 1942 and Nate said he wanted to go with her, I actually believed it. I could take losing Amaya if it meant we got rid of Nate. Silly me.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, RedVitC said:

Isn't the timeline already in danger right now, though? In one of the episodes where they went to the Whitehouse Amaya's friend from the JSA (Mid-nite?) indicated that they all thought she had just them left all those years. If she stays away too long the timeline with her gone will set (just like they couldn't have their younger selfs be out of the timeline too long). But the show play fast and loose with how much time that takes and actions having consequences. But on the other hand if she does go back will the events of the Whitehouse episode change since Mid-nite won't think that she left them...

Rex Tyler is dead which would also mean a big change to the timeline. They didn't end up saving him, or does killing Eobard retroactively erase all his actions up until that point? Speaking of Rex, I wonder if the writers forgot that the reason Amaya was on this mission in the first place was avenging/saving Rex...She should have at least been there for the final Eobard moment or had some dialogue about it.

I hope that next season we find out that the mess that time has become is not just from them breaking the first rule this episode, but an accumulation of all the changes they made in every single time they went to in the first 2 seasons that seemingly never had consequences to the timeline while they should have had (in some cases major) consequences.

I thought it could have been fun if they landed in an alternate universe and that season 3 would have been them trying to find their own universe (like that TV show Sliders?)

Presumably when she goes back to 1942 (or close to it...most like real time relative to how long she stayed on the Waverider) she'll go back to her village and resume her life there.   No one from the JSA will know she's back.  If she were to return to the JSA in the past, it would alter the past and they likely wouldn't go on the mission in the 50s where Rip recruited them.  Of course that still doesn't explain how she can be gone for so long without time 'hardening' and Mari being erased.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Lokiberry said:

Yes, and I was trying to say the same thing (before I got mod!smacked for posting in the wrong thread). I knew when he posted that picture, he was gone.

Uh, I also said in the post that got deleted that Nate was a douche-wielding waste of space, and I really want that sentiment recorded for posterity. :)

I guess we can't talk about both the episode and season 3 teases.

Nate staying and Rip leaving just sours me on the show. Plus Amaya and Nate getting the so called epic romance set up. It just goes to show this is how a show works when they don't pay attention to fan feedback and only care about what they want to do.

15 minutes ago, KirkB said:

For a minute, when Amaya said she was going back to 1942 and Nate said he wanted to go with her, I actually believed it. I could take losing Amaya if it meant we got rid of Nate. Silly me.

I was so happy at the beginning of that scene. Then, they decided to stay. Sigh.

• Love 3

I'm just picturing the team running around chasing dinosaurs and screwing thing up even worse, when at the end of the first episode of season three, Rip shows up again. "I swear, I leave you lot alone for FIVE MINUTES, and you've made balloon animals out of time and space. I'm never leaving again!" Yeah it was partially his fault too, but its clear they REALLY need his expertise, even if they don't need him as captain.

I know they were Alternate Reality versions of our guys, but some of those Doomworld deaths were nasty. Especially Ray getting his fucking heart ripped out! You leave my poor baby alone! And alternate Jax dying for Past Stein and his reaction hit him right in the feels.

We even got super close to a Ray and Mick hug! Come on Mick, you know you secretly want it. I was so happy we actually got some Mick and Ray stuff, hopefully we get more next season, now that Mick has miraculously survived what I was convinced was going to be his swan song. Now if only we could get Snart back (the one whos an anti-hero, not the Amaya killing one).

If they could just have kept Rip, it would have been damn near perfect. But I guess we cant get everything. After I worked myself into such a tizzy over spoilers, I guess I will take what hope I can get. It was still a great season, flaws and all.

• Love 7

After reading the interviews with the EPs where they said there will be substantial changes to the team next season, I find we basically have the exact same team we had in the first part of this season before Rip came back. I have to remember not to read EP interviews.

I like Amaya but I got all excited when Nate said he would go with her to her village.  I don't know what it is about him but the character has never worked for me, and it's made worse by his Mary Sue status on the show.

Unpopular opinion but I think I've had it with dinosaurs on this show so my enthusiasm for the next season is tempered.

• Love 3

Although it got confusing keeping track of who was who, that was a really awesome finale.  Legends of Tomorrow has long since passed The Flash as the most fun show in the Arrowerse and I believe the best. 

Some pretty funny moments too, particularly involving Thawne.  I'll miss him as a villain.  Him ripping Ray's heart out was pretty sick.

I can't say I was impressed with the cliffhanger but I have no doubt it will lead to another fun story.  I certainly hope this isn't the last of Rip and Arthur Darvill.  But I have no doubt he'll be back in some capacity, unlike the Hawks.  It's pretty revealing that Hawkman and Hawkgirl didn't return this season.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I wonder why we haven't gotten any exit interviews about Rip yet.

That's been bugging me too.  I keep going back and forth on thinking this departure is permanent and finding reasons to believe it isn't.  I would honestly rather just know and deal with it.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, squidprincess said:

That's been bugging me too.  I keep going back and forth on thinking this departure is permanent and finding reasons to believe it isn't.  I would honestly rather just know and deal with it.

Yeah. I just want confirmation that he's done for good. That audio interview I posted where he talked about actors who he knows not working did make me think he was done with Legends.