Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Aruba

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Ok forgive me since this was a while ago but I was just browsing the thread again. Even if Sara should end all wars/cure cancer etc, why would she create a relationship between Nyssa and Oliver both her exs whom she still really cares about but don't like each other? I apologise if it was meant ironically but within all the other heavy world changing stuff this just struck me as interesting.

I think she meant that Sara would have existing relationships with both of them. That she would reignite her former romance with both her lovers in a spear-fuelled "cake and eat it too" love life fix. I don't think Sara would want to step on Felicity's toes and I think she barely remembers Nyssa from what I can see.

Well Felicity wasn't mentioned and it's not about her, nor was a potential Poly relationship (either in canon or CR's statement.) I ship (as such enough) Sara/Oliver true understanding of each other and I guess Nyssa could be included if we were talking Spear Wishes. Sara and Nyssa actually parted on OK terms with each other when Nyssa was on LOT. I really fail to see why that might be a "happy ending" for those people because duh similar as Flashpoint was included among why didn't Sara Lance, Cure Cancer, the Common Cold, World Peace and everything she ever (would) have wanted.  But didn't because she's better than Malcolm Merlyn.

But to slip that in a "Sara could have cured cancer/got Nyssa/Oliver together) among humanitarian causes is interesting.

Sara did the right thing in not changing anything. Because who knows what else could show up in place of curing cancer or world hunger. She could've caused over population or some other disease would take cancer's place.  Changing something she doesn't understand could be much worse. Plus then people would get on for the things she forgot. I am applauding Sara for not choosing to change the world to fit her needs. Barry does that enough times for everyone. 

The Spear was too powerful for anyone to wield. Taking the power away was the best thing to do. Yeah, the world isn't perfect but who knows what kind of world she could've created. 

• Love 2

I just rewatched the episode (sleep?  what sleep?) and noticed something I missed the first time.  When Sara has her Spear Vision, the SpearLaurel comes over with two glasses of wine.  That's how Sara knew instantly that this moment wasn't real.  That was a nice touch and an indication that the Spear didn't necessarily mean for Sara to actually believe this to be real, but instead showed/tempted her with What Could Have Been.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2017 at 6:05 PM, Miss Dee said:

@tennisgurl: You're so right about Ray. He needs someone who is focused on him. Who is ride or die for him. Someone who can see and appreciate him as a full partner. Who can encourage him to science his way out of stuff when he feels discouraged. Someone who'd mutiny against a ship of people to run and fight by his side....

Too bad there's nobody like that aboard the Waverider. Ah well.

"Someone who'd mutiny against a ship of people to run and fight by his side...."

Oh man. If you only knew about the comics' canon version of who you describe for Ray. I'd actually love if this character got introduced.

LOL Well, they've effectively made the "Heat Wave" element of Mick's character redundant, if the last episode of Flash is any indication. Any chance they could roll that canon comics character you mentioned into Mick's character? (I'm not well versed in the comics.)

On 5/16/2017 at 5:32 AM, Potanical Pardon said:

Oh man. If you only knew about the comics' canon version of who you describe for Ray. I'd actually love if this character got introduced.

I'd love to know who you mean (I've always liked the Atom, but the character was getting few appearances when I was doing most of my comics-buying).  Feel free to take it to the Ray Palmer thread, though.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2017 at 9:35 PM, johntfs said:

As to the ship crashing in 1916, people see weird stuff in war.  As to Rip leaving, the door is wide open for him to come back at any time.  Honestly, I thought we might be losing Rip, Nate, Amaya and Mick to make room for an influx of newbies next season.  I'd like another woman on the team but I'd also really like for them to do something like bring Matt Ryan's John Constantine onto the ship for maybe episode or two because oh shit, I just saw this awesome thing.

I do like that the "Big Bad" conflict of next season is the Legends vs the Legends' giant time fuckup.

This is the most prophetic comment I’ve ever seen.

• Love 3