Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

So sad for Tinsley---I really thought she'd found her fairy tale ending with this guy and they seemed like such a sweet, happy couple. I guess the fantasy of starting over with her big, rich teddy bear sorta guy was far better than the reality. 

Seems like she just needs to just chill and enjoy single life on her own already. If her high school and onwards romance with Topper was any indication, homegirl must be one of those types of women who can't live without a man by her side. Ditto Luanne. Maybe she and Lu should move into a cute little bachelorette pad together; just imagine all the drunken hyjinks those two could enjoy together!

• Love 9

I can't help but wonder if this is Sonja.  LOL. 

There is a suspicious quote in there.  It says that several cast members accused Scott of buying Tinsley's role on RHONY.  I don't recall anybody making that accusation.  They met towards the middle of the season, I thought.  She didn't go into the season dating him and contracts would have already been done.  I also only remember the Coupon Cabin commercials happening during the last couple of episodes. 

I liked them together. I thought he was a good, stabilizing influence on Tinsley (even though he was a bit weird with his history with the Housewives). 

• Love 5
On 9/21/2017 at 1:04 PM, stewedsquash said:

Which reminds me, why isn't there a Chicago franchise? Tinsley could be the gateway to having a Chicago show. (just read a couple other posters wishing for Chicago also!)  

I live in Chicago, heard a radio interview a few years ago with a woman who I guess is a rich socialite here. Apparently, Bravo tried filming a Chicago version, and this lady was one of the potential cast members, but they didn't pick it up. I guess not enough drama, something Midwesterners aren't exactly known for. (I include myself in that. I'd be the worst cast member ever because whenever drama shows up, I leave!)

• Love 7

I think Tinsley is pretty able to attract boys. Her instant all smooch face gets them interested but it's because she's leading with her sex foot. Now if she'd update (her hair and clothes) then maybe she could attract a man. She should take it slow and build a foundation before going into the octopus phase. That's probably the way she handled it with Topper and why she still has deep feelings for him. 

• Love 2

Way back when they started dating the blind items were saying that even though they were supposed to be exclusive to each other, Scott was always cheating, by having sex with other women.  Apparently Tinsley was "insanely jealous" in that instead of leaving, she'd call him 30 times a day.  Plus she was always out partying which is why Scott skedaddled.  I don't know if the partying encouraged Scott to cheat or not.  The calling him 30 times a day reminds me of what a young teen would do if they haven't learned good coping methods, and we've often mentioned how Tinsley seems stuck in her teens in attitude and how she deals with conflict.

• Love 5
(edited)

I was consulting The Google in an effort to learn more about Tinsley's background, specifically where the family money was derived from.  In doing so, I came across two very different accounts of her dad, one being his obituary where he is portrayed much like you would expect a moneyed, she she foo foo member of society.  The other...not so much.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/palmbeachpost/obituary.aspx?n=george-riley-mercer&pid=174515732

http://guestofaguest.com/new-york/tinsley-mortimer/tinsley-mortimers-dad-george-mercer-model-of-a-modern-major-general

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I was consulting The Google in an effort to learn more about Tinsley's background, specifically where the family money was derived from.  In doing so, I came across two very different accounts of her dad, one being his obituary where he is portrayed much like you would expect a moneyed, she she foo foo member of society.  The other...not so much.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/palmbeachpost/obituary.aspx?n=george-riley-mercer&pid=174515732

http://guestofaguest.com/new-york/tinsley-mortimer/tinsley-mortimers-dad-george-mercer-model-of-a-modern-major-general

Tinsley came from a well off family, but they didn't make their money in any rarified discipline that really monied people would respect like real estate, banking, law, media, or politics. I'm sure that some of those people look down on her money (rug and carpet business and then real estate), but more importantly the people who are the gatekeepers to real wealth (other wannabes who are trying to access that social circle) look down on her money and background. It's probably the same way they look down on Jill's money, John's money, and Bethenny's father's money. However, Tinsley's family was smart enough to send her to schools where she mixed with some of the most monied and well-connected in the country. It's how she was able to land a blue chip husband at 18. 

It also helps that Tinsley is a blonde WASP so she can move among that social circle more easily. Bethenny is Jewish and Italian and comes from a wealthy, blue collar background. Jill is very culturally Jewish. John Madhessian is Armenian, very well off, but decidedly blue collar. However, Tinsley's ex-husband is a member of foo foo society.

Outside of Aviva, it's been rare to feature Housewives who have really been born to a decent amount of money and privilege. We have Teddi Mellencamp, Shannon Beador, Aviva, Bethenny, and Tinsley. Most of these women married into wealth or helped earn it. The only other example of people who come from money on Bravo is Ben Robinson of Below Deck and most of the men from the Southern Charmed franchises. And those guys are freaking awful. I'd rather watch a bunch of new money trophy wives than the insufferable scions of Southern Charm. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Tinsley came from a well off family, but they didn't make their money in any rarified discipline that really monied people would respect like real estate, banking, law, media, or politics. I'm sure that some of those people look down on her money (rug and carpet business and then real estate), but more importantly the people who are the gatekeepers to real wealth (other wannabes who are trying to access that social circle) look down on her money and background. It's probably the same way they look down on Jill's money, John's money, and Bethenny's father's money. However, Tinsley's family was smart enough to send her to schools where she mixed with some of the most monied and well-connected in the country. It's how she was able to land a blue chip husband at 18. 

It also helps that Tinsley is a blonde WASP so she can move among that social circle more easily. Bethenny is Jewish and Italian and comes from a wealthy, blue collar background. Jill is very culturally Jewish. John Madhessian is Armenian, very well off, but decidedly blue collar. However, Tinsley's ex-husband is a member of foo foo society.

Outside of Aviva, it's been rare to feature Housewives who have really been born to a decent amount of money and privilege. We have Teddi Mellencamp, Shannon Beador, Aviva, Bethenny, and Tinsley. Most of these women married into wealth or helped earn it. The only other example of people who come from money on Bravo is Ben Robinson of Below Deck and most of the men from the Southern Charmed franchises. And those guys are freaking awful. I'd rather watch a bunch of new money trophy wives than the insufferable scions of Southern Charm. 

Okay, there's all ^that^.  I was actually referring to the sort of two different images portrayed of her dad.  

That's all.  That's it.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, the obit is all very tight-jawed "Randolph Mercer Mortimer" and "Dabney Winston Mercer"  and "Indeed, the death did come upon us in all our waspy glory" but the dearly departed Daddy-o once married a chick younger than Tinsley just because he was stinking drunk -- so yeah, bit different ; )

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Tinsley came from a well off family, but they didn't make their money in any rarified discipline that really monied people would respect like real estate, banking, law, media, or politics.

(snip just for space)

Love these posts -- I think of you as PTV's Dominick Dunne ; )

• Love 10

Man, I think she’s smart as Hell to simply live in an upscale hotel a’la Eloise; if she’d spend just as much on rent in a regular swank apartment, why not just opt to live like that with a full staff and room service always available? She even has a cute little terrace! 

I do wonder about the furniture in there though; even nice hotels are notoriously germy, so it’d be interesting to know if she bothered deep cleaning the place upon moving in(TV remote/sofa/bed especially).

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Man, I think she’s smart as Hell to simply live in an upscale hotel a’la Eloise; if she’d spend just as much on rent in a regular swank apartment, why not just opt to live like that with a full staff and room service always available? She even has a cute little terrace! 

I also love the idea, because I recently embraced my inner minimalist. I'm purging our house. I don't want so much stuff. Now, I'm sure Tinsley has a storage unit or two, to store her stuff. But I think it would be amazing to be fluid so that I could be a nomad for a while until we decide where we want to be. And to do it in a place where I could just call downstairs and a charcuterie board would be delivered? Bonus!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I do wonder about the furniture in there though; even nice hotels are notoriously germy, so it’d be interesting to know if she bothered deep cleaning the place upon moving in(TV

She stayed at Sonja's with brown ice anything is better than that.

• Love 14

What a difference Tinsley happily settles into a extended stay hotel and Bethenny could never figure out how an extended stay hotel worked and wound up changing her clothes in the back of her car and sobbing about it-big crocodile tears.  I think they are great alternatives to even short term leases.

I am wondering what Tinsley's supplemental bill comes to a month?  The luxury of room service can get quite expensive.  What am I thinking this is a woman who pays to have her hair blown out everyday.  

• Love 9

What a difference Tinsley happily settles into a extended stay hotel and Bethenny could never figure out how an extended stay hotel worked and wound up changing her clothes in the back of her car and sobbing about it-big crocodile tears. 

It's probably easier when you arne't raising a child.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

It's probably easier when you arne't raising a child.

I would think it would be just the opposite.  Stay in extended stay hotel instead of checking in and out of random hotels all the time.  It would be easier on the child knowing the home with mommy was the same place not a different hotel room every other week.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I would think it would be just the opposite.  Stay in extended stay hotel instead of checking in and out of random hotels all the time.  It would be easier on the child knowing the home with mommy was the same place not a different hotel room every other wee

Just piggy backing on this.  If the hotel was considered a residence then Bethenny would have abandoned the family home.  So I think there is a limit to the number of days you can stay at one place.  I know that she bought that apartment she just moved out of right after the divorce was settled.  So that’s the point at which they had 50/50 on the family apartment.  NY laws are tough on the person that moves out.  Probably why Dennis was still ‘living at the family home’.

• Love 4

Hm..  When Beth said she was the richest homeless person in NY, didn't she own the house in the Hamptons?  Could be wrong....

As for Dennis, has he still not filed for divorce?  How long has it been?

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Just piggy backing on this.  If the hotel was considered a residence then Bethenny would have abandoned the family home.  So I think there is a limit to the number of days you can stay at one place.  I know that she bought that apartment she just moved out of right after the divorce was settled.  So that’s the point at which they had 50/50 on the family apartment.  NY laws are tough on the person that moves out.  Probably why Dennis was still ‘living at the family home’.

Here is an article about Bethenny and her various real estate purchases.  https://pagesix.com/2017/02/14/inside-bethenny-frankels-growing-real-estate-empire/  A relevant quote:  Instead of choosing office space for her staff of four, Frankel rents an $11,500-per-month two-bedroom in a Broome Street apartment building. Employees can crash there after events, and there is a kitchen for sampling recipes. While going through her divorce, “I wasted so much money living in hotels,” she said. “I wish I had had that office then — I would have moved in there.”

There was significant discussion on the various Bethenny threads about her moving out.  At the end of the day the entire ownership of the apartment she shared with Jason came down to a trust-it had nothing to do with abandoning the family home.  I am clueless as to Dennis remaining in the family home while dating Bethenny-that seems to be a new twist.  I am quite certain Dennis had an apartment-I remember Bethenny talking about running into Donald Trump in the lobby of Dennis NYC apartment,

34 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Hm..  When Beth said she was the richest homeless person in NY, didn't she own the house in the Hamptons?  Could be wrong....

As for Dennis, has he still not filed for divorce?  How long has it been?

Yep.

Well according to Bethenny she started seeing him in the fall of 2015-so a mere two plus years.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

I would think it would be just the opposite.  Stay in extended stay hotel instead of checking in and out of random hotels all the time.  It would be easier on the child knowing the home with mommy was the same place not a different hotel room every other week.

If it were possible for her to do so, I think that is what she would have done. And you'd probably see more rich divorcees with kids doing the same.

If the hotel was considered a residence then Bethenny would have abandoned the family home

That makes sense.

• Love 2

I've done the whole live in a hotel suite gig.  Let me just tell you, family of 4 (including an 8 month old) in a hotel suite (even a 2 bedroom with a kitchen and laundry) is hell.  It was not my idea of fun.  I had never been so happy to leave a hotel. I have friends who lived in a suite at the St. Regis in Abu Dhabi for 2 years and they loved it but they also had 2 teenagers so I think that makes a difference.  Hotel living with adults is fun.  Hotel living with small kids is horrible. 

If I was Tins, I would totally be living in a hotel suite.  She also mentioned that it helped her out a lot because she wasn't having to move all of her furniture up to NY from FL.  She wasn't finding anything that she really liked in NY at that price range which was part of the reason why she went the hotel route.  The other part, if I remember correctly, was that she thought she would be moving in with her boyfriend in the fall which whoops.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Hotel living with small kids is horrible. 

If we could actually unpack and feel like we were living a life, I could probably stand it for a couple months with a young kid or baby. Before mine started school, he and I would tag along with Daddy-o on business trips. It was the constant hotel changing that sucked. 

That said, in my quest for minimalism, I've been following this young couple who have been living the van life with a baby in Australia. They sold everything just so they could travel until the kid goes to school. Not that I'm going to live in a van, but it showed me that different people can tolerate loads of different situations and be happy. But living in a van with a baby, no.fricking.way.

Beth had all the money in the world and resources galore at her feet - I just think that was a time in her life where she wasn't going to be happy with anything. Everything was torture. TORTURE!

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

If we could actually unpack and feel like we were living a life, I could probably stand it for a couple months with a young kid or baby. 

I think I'd be fine, if I had her big bag of money to pick a high end hotel  -- I'd be happy to stay somewhere like The Lowell (terrace+ fireplace +full kitchen+ living room + 2 bedrooms) with the addition of babysitting, pet walking, room service and laundry.

lowell hotel.jpg

lowell 2.jpg

She wouldn't be the only extended visitor, either, so she wouldn't feel like she was a freak standing out in a crowd (and being tortured ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, film noire said:

I think I'd be fine, if I had her big bag of money to pick a high end hotel  -- I'd be happy to stay somewhere like The Lowell (terrace+ fireplace +full kitchen+ living room + 2 bedrooms) with the addition of babysitting, pet walking, room service and laundry.

lowell hotel.jpg

lowell 2.jpg

She wouldn't be the only extended visitor, either, so she wouldn't feel like she was a freak standing out in a crowd (and being tortured ; )

The thing that got me was housekeeping coming in and disrupting my routine.  I never felt like I could relax because I never quite knew when they would come in and clean which was awful when I finally got an 8 month old to take a nap.  Most of the people on my floor were long-term guests so I always worried about my son waking people up in the middle of the night when he would want a bottle, slamming doors waking him up, etc.

There were some conveniences like the babysitting and stuff but the restaurants being close is fairly common in Dubai.  I have a coffee shop and multiple restaurants where I currently live.  I just call our supermarket and they will deliver whatever I want to my villa (including the night I called for one Starbucks coffee). 

If it was just my husband and I, we would totally be living in a hotel right now.  But with kids?  Forget it.  Never again. Hotel living totally makes sense for Tins at this stage in her life. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, I think hotel loving works better for people with no kids. Or at least teenagers. The younger the kids get, the less sense it makes.

I think it also makes sense when you are talking about an expensive city, like NYC.  If the rent for an apartment vs the hotel are comparable then why NOT go for the one with housekeeping, laundry, room service, etc?  Totally!  She has the money and it isn't illegal so why not!  I'd much rather see her blow her money on living in a hotel than on Tito's. 

Edited by diadochokinesis
  • Love 8
On 10/24/2017 at 10:38 AM, candle96 said:

I live in Chicago, heard a radio interview a few years ago with a woman who I guess is a rich socialite here. Apparently, Bravo tried filming a Chicago version, and this lady was one of the potential cast members, but they didn't pick it up. I guess not enough drama, something Midwesterners aren't exactly known for. (I include myself in that. I'd be the worst cast member ever because whenever drama shows up, I leave!)

There were also some reports that a Chicago installment never went forward because they were having difficulty securing filming locations, which was supposedly an issue during that 100 Days of Summer show. A lot of Chicago establishments had no interest in allowing Bravos cameras to film drunken HW antics so plans for a Real Housewives of Chicago were scrapped.

• Love 3

I would love it if every time the word socialite is used to describe Tinsley (or anyone else for that matter), it were replaced with the word unemployed.  A factual replacement that invokes an entirely different image.

Hate that word.  Socialite.

• Love 3
On 4/6/2018 at 6:58 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I do wonder about the furniture in there though; even nice hotels are notoriously germy, so it’d be interesting to know if she bothered deep cleaning the place upon moving in(TV remote/sofa/bed especially).

She should have invited Lisa Rinna over when the BH gals were in NYC recently.

• Love 3

I'm surprised that a Coupon King can make enough money to shell out $360,000 per year in rent.

There's a picture on Tinsley's Instagram of her, Dorinda and Carole shooting a couponcabin commercial on the terrace where Tinsley and Scott live. So maybe he writes off a lot of that rent as business expense.

It troubles me deeply that I am more amused by the HW's social media pages then I am by the last two episodes. They've got to bring it in the Hamptons.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm surprised that a Coupon King can make enough money to shell out $360,000 per year in rent.

There's a picture on Tinsley's Instagram of her, Dorinda and Carole shooting a couponcabin commercial on the terrace where Tinsley and Scott live. So maybe he writes off a lot of that rent as business expense.

It troubles me deeply that I am more amused by the HW's social media pages then I am by the last two episodes. They've got to bring it in the Hamptons.

30k a month in nyc is really not that bad. Considering that a shitty one bedroom is a million. It almost sounds sensible lol.

It is too time consuming to follow all those bitches on SM.

I thought that the two episodes were way more entertaining than BH and Atlanta, so far.

I wonder if this season is going to be full chocks of drama and fighting non stop.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Still takes cash.  Write-off simply means that taxes are different/less.

Right.

Can’t hate on them .

As far as we know, neither are scamming the tax payers or unknowing customers to maintain their lifestyle. 

She is harmless and they both look like they are in love/lust for real. I like what I see so far.

• Love 4

I like Tinsley. I don't have much to add to the discussion except for a few thoughts about other things discussed here. I thought Southern Charm was cute and as another poster mentioned it ended rather abruptly so I'm also curious if it was intended to be a series that never happened. I thought the Samantha Thavasa collaboration was very WTF? I'm uncertain if Tinsley had any design imput but I remember some of the bags looking like knock offs of other higher end bags. One looked like a popular Dior bag, another the Chanel camera bag. It felt like Samantha was teaming up with another socialite hoping for the success she had with Nicky Hilton's collection back in the day. Those 7 bags were everywhere back then. 

I liked Tinsley's homewares line. The koi plates aren't my style but I liked the glassware and other pieces. I miss the old Pre-Tinsley socialite days. Casey Johnson and others of the mid 90's, early 2000's era seemed like they were having a good time. I said to a friend recently that it doesn't seem like the modern era girls are having any fun. She said "Camera phones and social media killed all of it. Back then the worst you would get was in the newspapers that were thrown away. You can't throw away what ends up online."  That was a fun time to be in New York. 

• Love 6
On 4/3/2018 at 10:05 PM, film noire said:

Yes, the obit is all very tight-jawed "Randolph Mercer Mortimer" and "Dabney Winston Mercer"  and "Indeed, the death did come upon us in all our waspy glory" but the dearly departed Daddy-o once married a chick younger than Tinsley just because he was stinking drunk -- so yeah, bit different ; )

Love these posts -- I think of you as PTV's Dominick Dunne ; )

Yes, it is fun to read that perspective.

4 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I like Tinsley. I don't have much to add to the discussion except for a few thoughts about other things discussed here. I thought Southern Charm was cute and as another poster mentioned it ended rather abruptly so I'm also curious if it was intended to be a series that never happened. I thought the Samantha Thavasa collaboration was very WTF? I'm uncertain if Tinsley had any design imput but I remember some of the bags looking like knock offs of other higher end bags. One looked like a popular Dior bag, another the Chanel camera bag. It felt like Samantha was teaming up with another socialite hoping for the success she had with Nicky Hilton's collection back in the day. Those 7 bags were everywhere back then. 

I liked Tinsley's homewares line. The koi plates aren't my style but I liked the glassware and other pieces. I miss the old Pre-Tinsley socialite days. Casey Johnson and others of the mid 90's, early 2000's era seemed like they were having a good time. I said to a friend recently that it doesn't seem like the modern era girls are having any fun. She said "Camera phones and social media killed all of it. Back then the worst you would get was in the newspapers that were thrown away. You can't throw away what ends up online."  That was a fun time to be in New York. 

Huh?

Southeren Charm, The tv show is on Bravo right now. :)

Agree all heartily with the SM and camera phones madness.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Yes, it is fun to read that perspective.

Huh?

Southeren Charm, The tv show is on Bravo right now. :)

Agree all heartily with the SM and camera phones madness.

I was talking about Tinsley's book mentioned a few times earlier in the thread, I didn't want to quote multiple posts. I should have clarified Southern Charm the book. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I was talking about Tinsley's book mentioned a few times earlier in the thread, I didn't want to quote multiple posts. I should have clarified Southern Charm the book. 

Thank you for clarifying. :)

Is the book any good?

Just now, LIMOM said:

Thank you for clarifying. :)

Is the book any good?

It is! It's really good in a bubbly chick lit way. It's a quick fun read like The shopaholic series, Bergdorf blondes. It ended kind of abruptly so like a few others here I'm curious if it was meant to be part of a series that never happened. 

• Love 2
Just now, LemonSoda said:

It is! It's really good in a bubbly chick lit way. It's a quick fun read like The shopaholic series, Bergdorf blondes. It ended kind of abruptly so like a few others here I'm curious if it was meant to be part of a series that never happened. 

Gotcha. Might pick it up for nostalgia’s sake.

5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I miss the old Pre-Tinsley socialite days. Casey Johnson and others of the mid 90's, early 2000's era seemed like they were having a good time.

Oh god, me too! I used to adore reading about all those swanky young Manhattan socialites back in the day, which is why I’ve always been such a fan of Tinsley for so long—-she was the undisputed queen of the pack, but I loved the fact that by all accounts she wasn’t remotely snobby and just wanted to have fun, be glam and get her pic taken. You’d see her pretty pics on all the main party pic sites along with the main gals in her pack; it was all so very “Gossip Girl.” I dug hearing and learning all about “the socials” via websites like Gawker, Guest of a Guest, Page 6, etc; The Socialite Rank website fiasco was also hilarious but kinda cruel to her supposed rival Olivia Palermo((and I’d LOVE to see OP join the cast too, but she’s so successful and has supposedly sworn off reality TV for good after her bitchy stint on “The City”)):

http://stylecaster.com/tinsley-mortimer-socialite/

“High Society” was a bit of a disaster((and pretty much ruined Tinsley’s original NYC social standing; she was shunned a bit afterwards)), but I still watched it. That was the beginning of the end for “the socials” generation. I liked her book “Southern Charm” though, even if it was basically her life and obviously she used a ghost writer.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Oh god, me too! I used to adore reading about all those swanky young Manhattan socialites back in the day, which is why I’ve always been such a fan of Tinsley for so long—-she was the undisputed queen of the pack, but I loved the fact that by all accounts she wasn’t remotely snobby and just wanted to have fun, be glam and get her pic taken. You’d see her pretty pics on all the main party pic sites along with the main gals in her pack; it was all so very “Gossip Girl.” I dug hearing and learning all about “the socials” via websites like Gawker, Guest of a Guest, Page 6, etc; The Socialite Rank website fiasco was also hilarious but kinda cruel to her supposed rival Olivia Palermo((and I’d LOVE to see OP join the cast too, but she’s so successful and has supposedly sworn off reality TV for good after her bitchy stint on “The City”)):

http://stylecaster.com/tinsley-mortimer-socialite/

“High Society” was a bit of a disaster((and pretty much ruined Tinsley’s original NYC social standing; she was shunned a bit afterwards)), but I still watched it. That was the beginning of the end for “the socials” generation. I liked her book “Southern Charm” though, even if it was basically her life and obviously she used a ghost writer.

Yes! So happy I'm not the only one. I keep hoping more of the pop culture shows featuring some of the girls from that era will show up on YouTube! Like the true Hollywood story of trust fund kids, the fabulous life of the rich, hamptons, all of those shows. 

That is is exactly why I like Tinsley! She lacked the aloofness displayed by most of he other women. She seemed to fully acknowledge the fact she liked the fun and dressing up. 

OP was given such a terrible edit on The City. Sometimes it was really blatant, you could literally hear the chopped conversations like the Shamu on the runway one. It was really disappointing because the show, the premise had a lot of potential but MTV kept messing it up. Long delays between seasons, constant cast changes. Hmm, is there a topic for this? If so I should take it there because I have a lot to say about it. 

Back to Tinsley, I didn't get to see High Society until recently. It would've been nice if they had just documented her daily life, transition in to post divorce life without the others on the show. 

• Love 2
On 4/6/2018 at 9:05 PM, zoeysmom said:

Here is an article about Bethenny and her various real estate purchases.  https://pagesix.com/2017/02/14/inside-bethenny-frankels-growing-real-estate-empire/  A relevant quote:  Instead of choosing office space for her staff of four, Frankel rents an $11,500-per-month two-bedroom in a Broome Street apartment building. Employees can crash there after events, and there is a kitchen for sampling recipes. While going through her divorce, “I wasted so much money living in hotels,” she said. “I wish I had had that office then — I would have moved in there.”

There was significant discussion on the various Bethenny threads about her moving out.  At the end of the day the entire ownership of the apartment she shared with Jason came down to a trust-it had nothing to do with abandoning the family home.  I am clueless as to Dennis remaining in the family home while dating Bethenny-that seems to be a new twist.  I am quite certain Dennis had an apartment-I remember Bethenny talking about running into Donald Trump in the lobby of Dennis NYC apartment,

Yep.

Well according to Bethenny she started seeing him in the fall of 2015-so a mere two plus years.

Maybe answered already but from the fire at Trump tower we learned Dennis Shields has an apt there and was warned by Michael Cohen the fire was happening.  Childhood friends I guess

• Love 2
On 4/25/2018 at 5:34 PM, Natalie68 said:

Maybe answered already but from the fire at Trump tower we learned Dennis Shields has an apt there and was warned by Michael Cohen the fire was happening.  Childhood friends I guess

Interesting tidbit.

• Love 1