Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Ready Or Not

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I love Barb but she absolutely started that fight.  Jenelle was sitting in the car, David took Jace to the car, there was no need to have a confrontation at all.  Barb should know that she could easily just call Jenelle tomorrow and explain the fundraiser or have Jace call her and explain.  She could of also emailed or texted the information.  Barb knows that she wasn't going to have a productive interaction with Jenelle at that moment.  Jenelle is a complete mess, but when Barb is wrong I think it's just as important to call her out on it. 

Barb was just pissed that Jenelle wouldn't talk to her and she wanted to confront her.  This had absolutely nothing to do with Jace's fundraiser.

YES, THIS.  Exactly this.  Thank you for expressing what I was trying to say.  That altercation had absolutely nothing to do with the fundraiser.  Nothing.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, lezlers said:

YES, THIS.  Exactly this.  Thank you for expressing what I was trying to say.  That altercation had absolutely nothing to do with the fundraiser.  Nothing.

They definitely get off on the conflict. It's sick. 

• Love 3

I'll just agree to disagree since I think the conversation had a lot to do with the popcorn and wanting Jenelle to actually do something that could help her son.  Of course Jenelle didn't.  I am sure she'll spin that in some way as Barb's fault when given the chance.  

• Love 17
19 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

@smores not to mention both of her other children have had arrests for assault and other violent behaviors. I have to wonder what was going on in their home growing up, which we know included frequent domestic abuse from their father, or if it's partially genetic predisposition. Like someone said on a different thread...What a sociological study in parenting and generational cycles of abuse this show is. Leah, daughter of teen mom and absentee dad= depressed, dysfunctional, likely abusing substances, twice divorced. Jenelle, daughter of abusive dad and later single mom=addict, multiple abusive relationships. Kail, daughter of possibly abusive, alcoholic single mom with revolving door of bfs= violent tendencies, divorced, three kids by 24. Chelsea, daughter of functional employed parents=decent mother, decent partner. And God knows all of the parents' parents, and many of the teen dads' parents, were likely even worse or the same. And their kids will likely be just like them. They meant to show teen parenting but it's like a microcosm of different family situations and their respective outcomes before our eyes. 

Oh yeah, I've been saying this for years.  Jenelle didn't become who she is magically.  Sure there might be some genetic disposition, but the fact that all three of Barb's children ended up fucked up says a lot about HER, in my opinion.  One fucked up kid out of three?  Okay fine, sometimes shit happens.  Two fucked up kids out of three?  Hm, something strange might be going on in that house.  Three out of three fucked up kids?  That goes beyond coincidence.  Those kids SEEN some things, man. 

11 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I don't think it's as clear cut as all that, that Barb wanted to start some shit doesn't seem like a really plain motivation. I'm not saying she didn't recognize the probability that it WOULD happen, but if she merely texts Jenelle about it, then Jenelle doesn't acknowledge the texts, then Jenelle will just say "Awww, Meme never told me about that sweetie" and "you NEVER! TEXTED me! anything about any FUNDraiser! DUDE! WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NOT WANT TO GIVE ME BACK MY SON!" Barb is well aware that Jenelle has an inexplicable social media army who would really be able to help Jace's chances at prizes. It seems like the kind of thing where it's likely she would have grit her teeth, said "I just want to go remind her, see if she's going to help." But then I don't remember if she got over there and said "Why don't you want to come out of the car and talk to me?" or something like that. All I'm sure of is that her PURPOSE wasn't to get into that argument in front of Jace. Maybe she was trying to make sure Jace knew she said something about it.

ETA I probably should have clicked on the next page where like 14 different people made a similar point to mine. Sorry all!

So, why didn't Barb just have Jace call Jenelle about it?  That would go much further than Barb continuing to harass Jenelle when Jenelle clearly doesn't want to talk to her (not that it's okay that she didn't.  Jenelle is horrible.  We've established that a hundred times over.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MissMel said:

No good deed goes unpunished...

I would like to prove that theory untrue but it really still gobsmacks me. I mean why not put good energy out there. I was under the impression that what you put out there would improve good mojo. SAD!

• Love 1

shelley1234, I agree. Barb wanted Jenelle to post about Jace's popcorn sales to her leg humpers.  Remember her saying something about they send the popcorn all over the country? Barb wants Jace to win the school prize for most sales.  Barb is far from perfect, but Jenelle loses it over small things in their dealings. They would both benefit from good long term relationship counseling with no David.

• Love 9
On 3/7/2017 at 3:21 PM, lidarose9 said:

People fight. It happens. As long as it doesn't happen too often, I think Jace will survive. I seriously doubt that Barb screaming at home except in the normal mom scolding way that moms do when kids get into shit they shouldn't. I think in the beginning she yelled too much and aired too much laundry in front of the boy but that has drastically changed. I could be wrong, but given how much he truly loves her and sees her a as his true mother, not just a port in a storm, I think they have a nice home life. I could be wrong, but that's what I think. I'm sure he sees friends and/or their siblings getting yelled at, too. C'est la vie!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, shelley1234 said:

I'll just agree to disagree since I think the conversation had a lot to do with the popcorn and wanting Jenelle to actually do something that could help her son.  Of course Jenelle didn't.  I am sure she'll spin that in some way as Barb's fault when given the chance.  

49 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

shelley1234, I agree. Barb wanted Jenelle to post about Jace's popcorn sales to her leg humpers.  Remember her saying something about they send the popcorn all over the country? Barb wants Jace to win the school prize for most sales.  Barb is far from perfect, but Jenelle loses it over small things in their dealings. They would both benefit from good long term relationship counseling with no David.

None of us are actually disputing that Barb had "useful" information to give Jenelle.  The point is that Barb knows she just had a fight with Jenelle.  Jenelle doesn't want to have another confrontation so she chose to stay in the car and let David trade off Jace.  To me that is perfectly reasonable. No one is "wrong", everyone is trying to keep the peace. 

Barb recognized that Jenelle didn't want to speak to her so she should of just said fine.  I'll call/text/email her later and tell her about the fundraiser once she/we have cooled down.  No harm no foul.  There was absolutely no reason for Barb to go rushing over to the car and start something.

Personally this has nothing to do with being on anyone's "team".  I think Jace needs to stay with Barb because she is the better parent, but I also recognize that Barb has her own issues and she isn't perfect.  I don't think there is anything wrong with calling her out when she does something wrong.  I happen to think 90% of the time Jenelle is wrong, this time Barb was the one who started a confrontation when there didn't need to be one.

• Love 6

Poor Jace. If a popcorn fundraiser can cause this much debate on a forum, imagine how much drama it caused in real life. I'm surprised Jace didn't go to school, toss his order forms at the teacher and tell her to shove the popcorn fundraiser up her ass. He's probably stabbing bags of Smartfood with an ice pick as we speak.

• Love 17

Every conversation with Janelle is a fight. She wasn't staying in the car so that she didn't keep fighting with Barb, she was staying in the car because she decided that MTV wouldn't give Barb any airtime if she wasn't in the scene. 

Barb has found Janelle beat up and drugged up. She is currently with a violent man. Just like when she demanded Janelle come out of her room, I think she wanted to see that she was okay and tell her about the popcorn. Janelle's refusal to come out and speak to her was a red flag.

Barb and Janelle cannot communicate without yelling. She couldn't just tell her on the phone later; we've seen their phone calls. I completely disagree that Barb started that fight. Janelle started it by being her normal bitchy self and refusing to even acknowledge her mom. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I would like to prove that theory untrue but it really still gobsmacks me. I mean why not put good energy out there. I was under the impression that what you put out there would improve good mojo. SAD!

I know, me too.  Put good out there anyway.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Poor Jace. If a popcorn fundraiser can cause this much debate on a forum, imagine how much drama it caused in real life. I'm surprised Jace didn't go to school, toss his order forms at the teacher and tell her to shove the popcorn fundraiser up her ass. He's probably stabbing bags of Smartfood with an ice pick as we speak.

It might have been a school fundraiser but I'm thinking it was Boy Scouts.  They sell popcorn like Girl Scouts sell cookies.  

It's not like anyone was asking Jenelle to post up a card table outside the Walmart or grocery store to sell shit, either.  Just tweet out a link and Jace would get credit for any sales.  And a cool prize.

• Love 13

I'm pretty sure school fundraiser was mentioned. And if I remember correctly. Jace attends a charter school, at least he did at one time. Fundraisers have become so much more common at public school since I've been teaching. Sad but necessary.

1 minute ago, jacksgirl said:

Stupid box won't go away.

Edited by jacksgirl
I'm a teacher, I need to spell correctly.
  • Love 1

First and foremost, I wanna say that I know I'm hard on Janelle. It is what it is and Comes with the territory of putting your life on display. That being said, I remember one episode (might've been a reunion) where Barbara talks about being in a DV relationship when her kids were young and how she stayed only to have the financial stability and she started getting emotional talking about how she knew now that that was a bad decision. I believe she knows that she wasn't the best mom out there and made some really fucked up choices for herself and her children. So in turn, taking care of her grandchildren may be her 2nd chance. Ahe also sees Janelle going down the path she went down (with the no good men) and feels compelled to say something. Mothers meddle. That's what they do. I'm not one but mine sure does and she couldn't stop if she tried. 

I know barb has her faults (I remember how horrid those fights were back in the Keifer-era and such ??). I do think that part of her knows that engaging with Janelle isn't the wisest thing but it's a comfortable choice for them both. In regards to those saying she egged Janelle on in any way. I'm not 100% on that. At least not consciously or maliciously. Janelle blew up over a miscommunication on the phone. What if barb was in a dead zone? Geez Louise. I would be tip toeing around her at all times because one never knows what can set her off. I think that whole fundraiser conversation/argument was a combination of the producers asking leading questions to incite an already hot situation and both of them already feeling some type of way from the previous conversation. 

I know my thoughts are rambling and all over the place but bear with me for one last thought. How long can Janelle blame her mom for everything wrong in her life? At what point does it stop being about a bad upbringing and about being a crappy person? I didn't have what ppl call a great childhood. I felt unsafe, unheard and was put in many non child-appropriate situations. There's anger there. There's hurt there. There's plenty of blame to go around starting with my parents but how long can past experiences be an excuse for present behavior? Janelle is an adult who actively chooses not to get help, not to stay medicated (what happened with that bipolar diagnosis?) not to take responsibility for her own choices that have contributed to her life. I guess where I'm going with this is....can I start to act like this?? #sorrynotsorry #askingforafriendthatismyself

P.S. You KNOW Jace would've gotten the prize if she put the link up. I hope she did. I should know by now hope doesn't pay the bills so she probably didn't. 

• Love 23
9 hours ago, lezlers said:

So, why didn't Barb just have Jace call Jenelle about it?  That would go much further than Barb continuing to harass Jenelle when Jenelle clearly doesn't want to talk to her (not that it's okay that she didn't.  Jenelle is horrible.  We've established that a hundred times over.)

Jace does not have his own phone. He would use Barb's phone. You know what would happen. Jenelle would not answer thinking it is Barb. She told UBT she was ignoring her calls and texts. She practically ignored her ANDJace when they sat on the couch with Jenelle. 

Sleuths, check Jenelle's Twitter and Instagram to see if she ever posted the info about the contest.

Whatever Jenelle's childhood, it may explain away how she is as a person. It does not excuse her behavior. Her behavior in front of her kids and to her kids is not excused because of her childhood. Barb is not responsible for her adult daughter when she is engaged in fights and arguments with her boyfriends and exes. 

The abuse by the father in their home which affected the kids, is the same abuse Barb endured. Jenelle is responsible for her own mental well-being. Every time Jenelle has been in legal trouble, she has never owned her shit. Never. It is always someone else's fault. If someone harmed me the way she has physically attacked people, her life growing up would not mean shit to me.

• Love 19
On Tuesday, March 07, 2017 at 0:30 AM, hoosiermom said:

Question? Could Janelle really get Jace back? Will the way she is acting and the filth she talks about Barb have an influence on the courts?

Considering she's not even getting him "back" (since she never actually had him in the first place) I really, really hope not. 

• Love 5

Jenelle really doesn't want Jace back. It's an act for the series.  Years of continued court dates - because of Jenelle's own delays. It's been a while since I looked but I don't think Barb is responsible for a single continuance. 

• Love 14

Totally agree. She's all talk NO action. Just wait until the new baby loses her shine. Her asshole boyfriend will tire of kinda caring for the revolving door of innocent children. This big dummy will get a reality check. I feel another illness in no time at all. So freaking sad.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm probably going to hell for this but I seriously pictured this happening and busted out laughing at the breakfast table. ??

Like I mentioned, the fun of the fundraiser has probably been destroyed on Jace and now he's over it. "Who cares about this stupid fundraiser meme and my "mom" just had a screaming match about it like boneheads."

Poor Jace, I want to adopt him and show him a calming environment.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

None of us are actually disputing that Barb had "useful" information to give Jenelle.  The point is that Barb knows she just had a fight with Jenelle.  Jenelle doesn't want to have another confrontation so she chose to stay in the car and let David trade off Jace.  To me that is perfectly reasonable. No one is "wrong", everyone is trying to keep the peace. 

Barb recognized that Jenelle didn't want to speak to her so she should of just said fine.  I'll call/text/email her later and tell her about the fundraiser once she/we have cooled down.  No harm no foul.  There was absolutely no reason for Barb to go rushing over to the car and start something.

Personally this has nothing to do with being on anyone's "team".  I think Jace needs to stay with Barb because she is the better parent, but I also recognize that Barb has her own issues and she isn't perfect.  I don't think there is anything wrong with calling her out when she does something wrong.  I happen to think 90% of the time Jenelle is wrong, this time Barb was the one who started a confrontation when there didn't need to be one.

Yeah, if only Jenelle and David weren't passive aggressive liars.   David didn't say Jenelle is still upset about earlier so she's staying in the car til everyone cools off.  She doesn't want to talk or film with you right now.  Call her later about the popcorn, I'll tell her about it.  David the douche said, Jenelle is in the car writing really important emails.  LOL.  

So, Barb sees Jenelle done with her important emails and heads over to have the popcorn talk.  Maybe Barb should have read the situation, but I'm not gonna bash her for forcing a confrontation when no one told her Jenelle was angry and refusing to have anything to do with her.  That's on the passive aggressive duo in my book.  

• Love 16
10 hours ago, CerealKiller813 said:

How long can Janelle blame her mom for everything wrong in her life? At what point does it stop being about a bad upbringing and about being a crappy person? I didn't have what ppl call a great childhood. I felt unsafe, unheard and was put in many non child-appropriate situations. There's anger there. There's hurt there. There's plenty of blame to go around starting with my parents but how long can past experiences be an excuse for present behavior? Janelle is an adult who actively chooses not to get help, not to stay medicated (what happened with that bipolar diagnosis?) not to take responsibility for her own choices that have contributed to her life. I guess where I'm going with this is....can I start to act like this?? #sorrynotsorry #askingforafriendthatismyself

(Slow clap) Thank you. As much as I can believe that Barb wasn't perfect and didn't always make the best decisions as a mother, trying to play the blame game at this point means going around in endless circles. I grew up with one parent that makes Barb look like a selfless earth mother and another parent who was absent even when they were right next to us. Do I have problems as an adult stemming from my childhood? Yup. But always blaming your parents is pointless, because then you have to blame your grandparents, the extended families, great-grandparents, neighbors, society, the list can go on forever. As much as I don't think Jenelle was made in a vacuum, neither was Barb. But Barb doesn't whine and moan about her life, blaming everyone but herself for her problems. TBH to me Jenelle comes off as quite spoiled and coddled. I really do think Barb babied her, possibly  much more then she did either of her other two children, which may be a reason for the anger and resentment they have for their mother. I can believe Barb could be shrill and harsh towards Jenelle, but I've seen no evidence to suggest she abused or neglected Jenelle or Jace in anyway. 

And because it can't be said enough, Jenelle (and Kail) need to get their asses on medication!! Bipolar can be fucking scary when it isn't treated.

• Love 22

Remember, Kail isn't "Bipolar". *eye roll*. One of their psychiatrists from that Doctors show sat with her a few minutes and determined that she was never hypomanic because she didn't have grandiosity or mood swings (bet this MD never watched the series) .  Disregard the assessment of the clinician who worked with her for a while. Arrogance. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 11

The two aren't mutually exclusive-- noting family dynamics and the effects of witnessing domestic abuse as a child overall aren't blaming or scapegoating. They just...are. Just as Barb's history helped to shape who she is. It's not about sympathy or victims and perpetrators, it's just the facts. Statistically we can pretty much predict outcomes based on certain family situations. I think it's fascinating that at least in this show, nothing has veered from that. Teen moms have kids who become teen moms. Absentee dads breed absentee dads and girls with Daddy issues. Kids who witness abuse exhibit more violent and addictive tendencies. And even when kids of "normal" parents stray for a bit, like Chelsea did with Adam, they generally wind up right back where they started. There are always going to be outliers-- the kid who overcomes the odds, the one who breaks the cycle, the one with a solid upbringing who goes astray-- but it's not common. That's separate from individual fault and characteristics; we do have free will, and despite our circumstances we all have personal choices and personalities; but as a group, this show makes a good case for more community mental health services and parenting and mentorship resources when kids are young, to try to intervene a bit. 

1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Remember, Kail isn't "Bipolar". *eye roll*. One of their psychiatrists from that Doctors show sat with her a few minutes and determined that she was never hypomanic because she didn't have grandiosity or mood swings (bet this MD never watched the series) .  Disregard the assessment of the clinician who worked with her for a while. Arrogance. 

Kail doesn't have grandiose tendencies?! 

Ooookay...

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9

I am fine with Barb wanting to inform Jenelle about the contest. How was Barb supposed to know Jenelle was mad at her when lying liar who lies Mr. UBT told Barb the reason Jenelle was in the car was due to her working on emails (what a joke). If UBT had been honest and told Barb how Jenelle wasn't in the best of moods and it was best for her to not talk to her, Barb would have been given the information she needed in order to make a judgment call as to whether to approach Jenelle or not.

How Jenelle grew up, I am so beyond that and have been for quite a long time. I feel that way for all of these so-called adults. The childhoods I am concerned with are the ones the children on this show are growing up in and the environments they are forced to live in. Adults can make the decision to make changes in their lives. Children can't. Jenelle can decide it is best for her to be back on her meds and get her tubes tied. She won't. In the end, her children suffer because of her.  I am not willing to be part of any pity party for how any of these girls grew up. Plenty of people, including several members here have had some rough and abusive childhoods. Some have shared some horrific stories. I have known plenty of people who seek out services at my job who have been through hell and back including escaping DV where they were stabbed or shot. They have attempted suicide. They have a myriad of reasons to go be assholes and play the victim card. They don't. They have a desire to give their kids better than they had. These "Teen Moms" have the financial means, the access, and are not being forced to be with any guy, but they have no desire or motivation to grow up and be responsible adults.

• Love 20
On 3/7/2017 at 8:11 PM, shelley1234 said:

Never how I saw it.  Never once have I seen Jo scared of Kail.  I think he understands her.  I think right now he enjoys their co-parenting and the positive relationship they have.  I also think he'll always like Kail and likes being her friend.  I imagine Vee doesn't like that much.  While I don't think she has anything to worry about, I can get it.  

I think Jo understands that he has to do everything Kail wants and never contradict her in order to get along with her. So he basically pretends to agree with her. I dont think he sees Kail as a friend or even likes her. They definitely don't have a positive co parenting relationship at all. The way they co-parent is Jo has to say yes to everything Kail demands. In no way is it beneficial to anyone but Kail to have no definite schedule and just call Jo and demand he pick Issac up at the spur of the moment or tell him she need to switch weeks with no notice. Jo does it because he loves his son but I'm sure if Jo asked Kail to rearrange the schedule she'd have a shit fit. I think Vee doesn't like Kail because she knows Kail is a manipulative cow who can pull the rug out from Jo at her whim. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 12

I don't know, I think Jo actually seems happy to see Kail and likes her. I don't understand why, but his "like" appears genuine to me. Vee has Kail's number but often keeps her mouth shut. She gets who she is. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2

I've always thought Kail and Jo are pretty similar in a lot of ways. Maybe that's why he seems to "get" her, tolerate her, and even like her still a little. Obviously Jo is not anywhere near as unhinged or arrogant as her, but they both could be very stubborn and opinionated. Plus I think she probably was his first love and on top of being the mom of his son can be a reason he is still okay with her, despite everything. Part of me does think Kail would jump Jo again if he gave her a modicum of encouragement, if only because she could. Vee probably sees right through her because as was said upthread she has no reason to have any positive feelings towards Kail.  I feel for Vee, I think dealing with both Kail and Jo must be hard. She is so quiet and calm and they are both have domineering tendencies, Kail to a pathological degree.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Maybe Kail isn't bipolar but just a narcissistic asshole.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

(Slow clap) Thank you. As much as I can believe that Barb wasn't perfect and didn't always make the best decisions as a mother, trying to play the blame game at this point means going around in endless circles. I grew up with one parent that makes Barb look like a selfless earth mother and another parent who was absent even when they were right next to us. Do I have problems as an adult stemming from my childhood? Yup. But always blaming your parents is pointless, because then you have to blame your grandparents, the extended families, great-grandparents, neighbors, society, the list can go on forever. As much as I don't think Jenelle was made in a vacuum, neither was Barb. But Barb doesn't whine and moan about her life, blaming everyone but herself for her problems. TBH to me Jenelle comes off as quite spoiled and coddled. I really do think Barb babied her, possibly  much more then she did either of her other two children, which may be a reason for the anger and resentment they have for their mother. I can believe Barb could be shrill and harsh towards Jenelle, but I've seen no evidence to suggest she abused or neglected Jenelle or Jace in anyway. 

And because it can't be said enough, Jenelle (and Kail) need to get their asses on medication!! Bipolar can be fucking scary when it isn't treated.

I am returning the slow clap ??????

• Love 8

Rerun...waiting for Mr. Guilfoyle to get dressed.

Vee telling Kailyn that she'll be fine is everything. EVERYTHING. Kailyn is speechless. How dare Javi have emotions after all?

Leah speaking to the head of the beauty school...that lady reminds me of the episode of The Office where Phyllis takes Karen to go get dolled up before hitting an account meeting.  The pouffy hair. The overdone makeup.  

karen-phyllis-perms-the-office.jpg

• Love 14

Vee telling Kailyn that she'll be fine is everything. EVERYTHING. Kailyn is speechless. How dare Javi have emotions after all?

Vee was spot on in everything she said to Kail and to Jo. Of course Kail has moved on. She moved on to other dicks since before Javi ever left the country. She has the audacity to blame Javi for not moving on? How the fuck can he move on when she kept pulling him back to her tit for almost a year? That was a big part of the story she didn't mention on camera, but Vee looked at Kail as if she wanted to say, "Bitch, really? We know you and Javi have been sharing a bed on and off because he told Jo! Not to mention we all know you have been cheating on Javi since before he left!"

ETA: @nikita to answer your question, Chelsea is pregnant. Choosing not to bend over to straighten up Aubree's boots is not unusual. Pregnant women in the last few months of pregnancy dread bending down. As for Leah, she is not pregnant. Leah is just a fucking lazy scab.

I noticed something upon rewatching the episode. Kail drove up to Javi's and was upset as she talked to the producer. There was a red truck in his driveway. Wasn't it white in an earlier episode? Also, it happens real quick but if you watch that scene, you will notice two vehicles in his driveway which change places as the camera captures Kail's vehicle driving up. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
On 3/12/2017 at 6:52 PM, GreatKazu said:

ETA: @nikita to answer your question, Chelsea is pregnant. Choosing not to bend over to straighten up Aubree's boots is not unusual. Pregnant women in the last few months of pregnancy dread bending down. As for Leah, she is not pregnant. Leah is just a fucking lazy scab.

I believe Leah is depressed, not necessarily lazy...but my point was how an action is interpreted different ways depending on the mom. It's interesting. Like in the last ep, both Chelsea and Kail gave their kids candy, but that's never looked at the same way as when/if Leah does it. I often wonder if Leah were from a different state or had come from Chelsea's socioeconomic background, would she be viewed in a more positive light?

Anyhoo, I knew why Chelsea straightened the boots the way she did...just went off on a flight of fancy had "Lazy Leah" been the one who did it.

Edited by nikita
clarity
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, nikita said:

I believe Leah is depressed, not necessarily lazy...but my point was how an action is interpreted different ways depending on the mom. It's interesting. Like in the last ep, both Chelsea and Kail gave their kids candy, but that's never looked at the same way as when/if Leah does it. I often wonder if Leah were from a different state or had come from Chelsea's socioeconomic background, would she be viewed in a more positive light?

Anyhoo, I knew why Chelsea straightened the boots the way she did...just went off on a flight of fancy had "Lazy Leah" been the one who did it.

If Chelsea or Kail handed their kids a tub of icing so they could eat it straight from the can, I would say the same thing I said when Leah did it.  Same for giving children straight sugar packets.  I haven't seen Kail or Chelsea do either.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, poopchute said:

If Chelsea or Kail handed their kids a tub of icing so they could eat it straight from the can, I would say the same thing I said when Leah did it.  Same for giving children straight sugar packets.  I haven't seen Kail or Chelsea do either.

Do we know that Leah gave Addie the icing? Or was she making a cake and Addie took some from the container (not necessarily ate the whole thing)? We have a picture of my brother as a baby taking a finger of icing from the container. I can assure you my parents did not allow him the whole container...but it looks that way in the picture.

Pretty sure Addie ate Splenda packets, too...LOL Four packets of sugar is the equivalent of a lollipop nutrition-wise... And IIRC Addie snuck the packets from the table. Leah didn't give them to her, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong (who am I kidding? y'all love to correct people here LOL)

Edited by nikita
questioning my memory

Not sure about the sugar packets but she got the icing out of the fridge for Addie because she was having a temper tantrum, gave her a spoon and told her to sit at the table and eat it. That is very different then letting a kid have a taste while baking. The reason Leah gets so much flack for feeding her girls crap is because she only seems to give them crap. The girlses have crap food in almost every screen. The others seem to realize that junk food is a treat, not a pantry staple.

• Love 8

You have to look at Leah through the lens of the WV culture.  How she feeds her children is how the people around her feed their children.  It's an epidemic. Most of these communities are very isolated and poor. She makes $300,000 so there's no excuse. She can have food delivered. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, nikita said:

Do we know that Leah gave Addie the icing? Or was she making a cake and Addie took some from the container (not necessarily ate the whole thing)? We have a picture of my brother as a baby taking a finger of icing from the container. I can assure you my parents did not allow him the whole container...but it looks that way in the picture.

Pretty sure Addie ate Splenda packets, too...LOL Four packets of sugar is the equivalent of a lollipop nutrition-wise... And IIRC Addie snuck the packets from the table. Leah didn't give them to her, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong (who am I kidding? y'all love to correct people here LOL)

Yeah we watched her hand her the container and tell her to sit at the table while she ate it.

And I think we saw her tear the sugar packets open for her but I'm not positive on that.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

You have to look at Leah through the lens of the WV culture.  How she feeds her children is how the people around her feed their children.  It's an epidemic. Most of these communities are very isolated and poor. She makes $300,000 so there's no excuse. She can have food delivered. 

Yeah, I get that you and a lot of others feel that way. I just don't agree. But no hard feelings on my end.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nikita said:

but my point was how an action is interpreted different ways depending on the mom. It's interesting. Like in the last ep, both Chelsea and Kail gave their kids candy, but that's never looked at the same way as when/if Leah does it. 

I agree the Moms are judged based on how well they're liked by the viewers. I remember a while back Jenelle posted an Instagram picture of her and Jace, and Jace had a bottle of root beer in his hand. Everybody trashed her in the comments, but nobody would've batted an eye if Chelsea gave soda to Aubree. Aubree's a pudgy kid so I doubt she's eating grilled chicken and quinoa every night. If Leah has a messy house she's lazy, if Chelsea has a messy house, who are we to judge? There's definitely a double standard.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree the Moms are judged based on how well they're liked by the viewers. I remember a while back Jenelle posted an Instagram picture of her and Jace, and Jace had a bottle of root beer in his hand. Everybody trashed her in the comments, but nobody would've batted an eye if Chelsea gave soda to Aubree. Aubree's a pudgy kid so I doubt she's eating grilled chicken and quinoa every night. If Leah has a messy house she's lazy, if Chelsea has a messy house, who are we to judge? There's definitely a double standard.

I definitely agree. To me the criticisms that are well earned are the ones worth making, and it's simply not true that someone's doing something wrong 100% of the time, not even the worst moms/dads/people on earth. Criticizing every tiny thing takes away from the very real criticisms to be made IMO. (that's not to say it's not fun ;))

As for diets-- Leah is exceptionally bad, no question. But I'm sure Aubree gets plenty of Toaster Strudel, soda, ice cream, candy and pizza. When we see most of the kids eating on both TMOG and TM2 it's chicken fingers, fries, pizza, hot dogs, corn dogs, fast food, etc. In fact I usually look just because it's a  a common topic of conversation and I don't think I've ever seen a healthy meal. Better than Leah's significantly worse habits, which seem to be more about extreme carelessness, but certainly not great. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2

Aubree is a pudgy kid??? Wow. I wouldn't say that at all. I think she looks perfectly normal for her age. As someone who struggled with eating disorders and body image in my youth, it just breaks my heart to hear a child so young already having her body criticized. 

Chelsea probably doesn't feed Aubree THE healthiest diet on the planet. They're all teen moms, so I can see all of them being a bit permissive with the junk food because they were thrown into motherhood before they were really done being kids. But I definitely see Leah as the worst offender. It's like every damn episode there's something - frosting out of a can (but at the table), the sugar packets, no food in the house for breakfast, Cheetos off the floor, soda for them from a very young age....I could go on and on. 

Also, Leah's life is a fucking mess. So is Jenelle's. Kail's is spiraling more now than ever. Chelsea has kept a stable roof over Aubree's head for the past...however many years. She has never been on drugs, abandoned her child, or anything like that. She's had literally ONE man in Aubree's life since ending things with the child's father. So if she gives the kid some junk food, I'm going to give her a pass, because her other needs are very well met. With the other girls, the nutrition issue is just one more symptom of them not giving a fuck about trying to improve themselves and create a better life for the kids. 

It may be a bit of "bitch eating crackers", but I DO see it differently. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Aubree is a pudgy kid??? Wow. I wouldn't say that at all. I think she looks perfectly normal for her age. As someone who struggled with eating disorders and body image in my youth, it just breaks my heart to hear a child so young already having her body criticized. 

Word.  I just took a look over Chelsea's instagram feed and pudgy isn't the word I would use to describe her.  

Aubree looks like a normal girl at her age.   It breaks my heart as well.  Studies have shown little girls start to show signs and markers for eating disorders and body image dysmorphia by middle school.   In my opinion, she's a happy healthy little girl.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Chelsea probably doesn't feed Aubree THE healthiest diet on the planet. They're all teen moms, so I can see all of them being a bit permissive with the junk food because they were thrown into motherhood before they were really done being kids. But I definitely see Leah as the worst offender. It's like every damn episode there's something - frosting out of a can (but at the table), the sugar packets, no food in the house for breakfast, Cheetos off the floor, soda for them from a very young age....I could go on and on. 

Also, Leah's life is a fucking mess. So is Jenelle's. Kail's is spiraling more now than ever. Chelsea has kept a stable roof over Aubree's head for the past...however many years. She has never been on drugs, abandoned her child, or anything like that. She's had literally ONE man in Aubree's life since ending things with the child's father. So if she gives the kid some junk food t, I'm going to give her a pass, because her other needs are very well met. With the other girls, the nutrition issue is just one more symptom of them not giving a fuck about trying to improve themselves and create a better life for the kids. 

It may be a bit of "bitch eating crackers", but I DO see it differently. 

God I just ROARED at that. When that meme went around Facebook it gave me life.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
typo
  • Love 4

Pardon me, but I seem to remember Chelsea getting a bit upset at Adumb, or was it her mother, for taking Aubree to Burger King? Anyone else remember such a scene? It might not have been that she was upset, I might be describing it wrong, but I do remember some episode where Chelsea mentioned Aubree only gets outside food more as a special treat rather than it being part of her regular diet. Chelsea herself was following a diet before she became pregnant.

As for the people who chastised Jenelle about Jace drinking soda, it might be that Jenelle is constantly feeding her kids junk. As viewers we have noted how many times the children have had pizza, wieners, and Jace did mention to Barb how they always drink Coke at Jenelle's house, something Barb doesn't give to him at her home, I believe. Chelsea is not shown giving Aubree pizza or microwaved food in every episode.  If she did, I'd be on her ass quicker than Kail on dick.

As a parent, when my children were younger, I tried to follow the fast food rule as a treat, but sometimes it just didn't happen. The difference between me and Leah/Jenelle/Kail is I was working full-time. My spouse did as well.  The Three SAHM (LOL) have nothing going on in their lives to give the reason that they are exhausted, stressed, or even tired. They can't even do the SAHM job they are supposed to be doing.

Criticizing every tiny thing takes away from the very real criticisms to be made IMO.

Except these girls give us so much to criticize. It it does seem it is every little thing being pointed out, my opinion is if they kept their traps shut more often, stopped pointing fingers and being judgmental wenches, the criticisms would be far less. Considering this is the place to snark, I appreciate all the things that get pointed out because sometimes I may not have noticed it or I don't feel alone in my thoughts and feelings.

If Leah has a messy house she's lazy, if Chelsea has a messy house, who are we to judge? There's definitely a double standard.

I have been known to have a messy home. But again, I work. I also do my best to clean it at least three times a week so I don't get behind. Leah is lazy. If Leah stepped up her game such as actually parenting her children and doing her job as a SAHM, giving up the pillses and dickses, she would be looked at differently. It is not  a double standard as much as it is two different set of circumstances. It is not a simple black and white view of two girls, but of two girls who lead two totally different lives who just happen to be on television. One complains about her stressed out life while the other does her job.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3