Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Ready Or Not

• Start Topic

(edited)

She goes to WVSU for sure. I assume she considered beauty school but chose WVSU instead. 

She started this semester at college, so that was in mid January, which is not what we're seeing on-screen now. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Lm2162 said:

She goes to WVSU for sure. I assume she considered beauty school but chose WVSU instead. 

She started this semester at college, so that was in mid January, which is not what we're seeing on-screen now. 

Would it surprise me if WVSU actually allowed people to major in cosmetology? Answer...nope. Sadly, I doubt that's the case, but the idea of a Cosmetology Department at a major university is enough to keep me entertained for a while. Start with how much the faculty would shit talk the whole department whenever they could. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Would it surprise me if WVSU actually allowed people to major in cosmetology? Answer...nope. Sadly, I doubt that's the case, but the idea of a Cosmetology Department at a major university is enough to keep me entertained for a while. Start with how much the faculty would shit talk the whole department whenever they could. 

Lol. Would be funny! I wonder if there are any. There's stage makeup and fashion school but getting a BA in cosmetology would be hilarious. I know there's a BA in homemaking at a crazy uber-Christian school. 

But nah-- she started just 6 weeks ago. Must have decided against beauty school. 

23 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Is WVSU considered a major university? I think its getting confused with WVU which IS a major university. I grew up in WV and had to Google WVSU because I'd never heard of it. I know that community colleges near my hometown offer cosmetology programs. Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of college degree type jobs there so it's more practical to learn a trade. But now small towns are being overrun with hairdressers so it's getting hard to turn that into a career too. 

"Beauty School drop out..."

Come on, I can't be the only one to have that playing in my head lol. Though I think beauty school overall would be the better option for Leah insofar as she could actually be good at anything. I looked up WVSU a while back and I think it is both a main, four year college and a branch off community college. I tend to think Leah wanted to look more classier and take "real" college classes that she is barely attending as of now.

34 minutes ago, Ladystardust said:

Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of college degree type jobs there so it's more practical to learn a trade. But now small towns are being overrun with hairdressers so it's getting hard to turn that into a career too. 

Yeah, the hairdressing business isn't easy to make a good living in on the small scale level, what with the fact they have to rent their own chair space and I think buy all of their supplies. Something like radiology or medical assisting would probably be more profitable for Leah, but I really doubt she has the intellectual capacity for either.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Ladystardust said:

Is WVSU considered a major university? I think its getting confused with WVU which IS a major university. I grew up in WV and had to Google WVSU because I'd never heard of it. I know that community colleges near my hometown offer cosmetology programs. Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of college degree type jobs there so it's more practical to learn a trade. But now small towns are being overrun with hairdressers so it's getting hard to turn that into a career too. 

I don't know about "major" but it's certainly a large university with decent four year programs that's fairly well regarded. The test scores required for admission are likely not very high, though. I wonder what she's majoring in. 

• Love 3

We went to Cosmetology in High School. They offered all kinds of auto, secretarial and music. It was off campus so we caught the bus at our HS. Came back for our few required classes. If you do it after she could bang out 1800 hours in no time. I think now you can take just hair or nails or make up and massage. So less hours required.  When I went in the early 80's we received a license to cover all.   

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Vee defends Javi against Kail's accusations (and Jo?) of making Javi sound like he is a "fucking psycho":

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/teen-mom-2s-kailyn-lowry-vents-to-ex-jo-about-her-split-from-javi-w470604

You know that Vee sealed her own fate now.  If Kailzilla says Javi is a psycho, you don't question it. Kail is going to ruin Vee's wedding now -- watch. She's going to "want" Isaac that weekend. 

• Love 16
(edited)

Jenelle just stop it already. The reason you didnt fight with anyone is because you aren't around anyone but David. And Barb didn't get you any way, you do that yourself. And stop trashing your mother in front of Jace. The reason Jace doesn't act up is because he is scared you will start screaming at him. Jace is convertible with Barb. Jenelle, your mother works, still has to feed Jace dinner and get him ready for school and get him a shower or bath. She was asking you a simple fucking question and you blew up, no wonder Jace doesn't say anything. And Jenelle get off your phone, you got all the time to do it after your kids are out. And calling your mom a bitch is fucked up after her taking care of Jace for all these years. Don't agree with them putting the mic on Barb and what went down but she is right, grow up and she has sacrificed alot to bring up her grandson and it is nice to see I am not the only one who spills on my shirt. 

And Kail can cry me a river. Stop painting Javi to be the bad guy. Yes he should not have been in the house, but you should have been there. And yes you are on the same team. It is called team kids. She should have changed the locks and no Jo does not need to tell Javi anything and do your dirty work and wash your fucking face Kail. My gosh she looks so gross. 

Leah just shut up about school. 

Chelsea and Cole crack me up. I like their boring segments because it isnt Leah bitching about one of the baby daddies or Jenelle bitching about Barb or Kail trying to paint herself as innocent when Javi is probably so pisses during this time because he knows she is pregnant.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

Man, I really hate Jenelle. I can't stand that psychotic bitch. Barbara is just as much a part of this show as she is and she thinks by them talking to Barb she gets a story line/camera time. Bitch please. Barbara raised that little boy while you were off getting high and sleeping with half of North Carolina and now you pretend that you want him back. That's what gets you a story line, bitch. This show could have been done without your dumb ass. OOh I can't stand her.

I'm so over Kail and Javi. They make me tired. And did Jo really say Isaac can't be alone with Javi? I won't believe it until I see him say it camera. He just told Javi weeks ago that he can still see him. Don't do Isaac like that. Javi wouldn't hurt him and they all know it.

Unfortunately it seems like Jo is relishing the payback a bit. I hope he outgrows that, Isaac needs a continued relationship with Javi.

• Love 3

Gah, I hate Jenelle as much as Farrah, what a bitch. Poor Jace, the look on his face when Jenelle was cussing out Barb and then again at the pick up was just heartbreaking. Get this kid in therapy now and have Jenelle pay for it before her money runs out. 

Leah shut up about school, you know you'll make some excuse not to go. 

Vee is a boss. And I'm glad Javi is not giving Kail her way and kept Lincoln for his haircut. 

The aftershow is on now. That host is such an ass kisser.  

• Love 11
(edited)

I know it's nothing new, but I'm still blown away by how clueless Kail and Jenelle are!  Kail is such a hypocrite regarding Javi, and Jenelle doesn't understand what it means to be a mother.  If Jenelle truly cared about Jace she would know that he belongs with Barb.  She would want the best for him.

Edited by Laura281
Typo
  • Love 17

I'm down with that!

1 minute ago, dabronx said:

Let's just say the sort of comments I want to make about Janelle would get a girl a visit from the secret service is they were written about the president.  I would actually be far more interested in storyline focused on BARB/JACE. Same with a NATHAN/KAISER storyline. Basically anything not focused on Janelle. Can we petition MTV? It would be awesome to see MTV flip the script on Janelle and give her a minor character edit for a season.

• Love 6
(edited)

Why are the producers so clueless about these moms??? Lady, you spend time more around Jenelle than I do...how can you be so blind when I see right through her? Is it a defense mechanism to get through the workday?

Legit creeped me out to hear Kaiser answer David's "are you gonna be good" with "you better be," as it sounded like he was parroting David's "threat."

Kail, I'm certain Javi doesn't want your fake in more ways than one Brazilian lift ass!

ETA: It might've been Jace who said "you better be." Still sad...

Edited by nikita
touch screens s_ck
  • Love 6

I want nothing to do with Nathan or any of Jenelle's other boyfriends/baby daddies, current, past or future--they don't deserve the $ or time and they've all treated Barb like shit. But I've long wanted Barb to be the focus. I'd watch Barb's segments with Jace happily...after all, we signed on to watch the show about JACE and how he was brought up, not the subsequent unfortunate kids...and he sure hasn't been raised by mugshot-happy Jenelle.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Lm2162 said:

I want nothing to do with Nathan or any of Jenelle's other boyfriends/baby daddies, current, past or future--they don't deserve the $ or time and they've all treated Barb like shit. But I've long wanted Barb to be the focus. I'd watch Barb's segments with Jace happily...after all, we signed on to watch the show about JACE and how he was brought up, not the subsequent unfortunate kids...and he sure hasn't been raised by mugshot-happy Jenelle.

I get it -  but at the same time can you not picture Janelle's head exploding like a Gallagher watermelon if she found out both Barb AND Nathan were going to be given more airtime than her? Could you meet me halfway and agree it would be awesome to have them film a scene where they tell Janelle they are THINKING about it - WITHOUT actually doing it?

• Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, dabronx said:

I get it -  but at the same time can you not picture Janelle's head exploding like a Gallagher watermelon if she found out both Barb AND Nathan were going to be given more airtime than her? Could you meet me halfway and agree it would be awesome to have them film a scene where they tell Janelle they are THINKING about it - WITHOUT actually doing it?

Yeah, I feel you, for the pleasure of screwing over Jenelle there's not much I wouldn't enjoy. lol! I just can't get past the two-time girlfriend-choking and the picture of him getting down and screaming in Barb's face is stuck in my brain--no love for that dude. It freaking sucks that both Ensley and Kaiser have domestic abusers for parents (two each!). Nathan was a deadbeat to his other kid and David the pregnant-lady-beater didn't have access to one of his until recently. Can you imagine the number of ruined lives? It's mind boggling.

At least Jace has Barb--I wish Jenelle would get the heck out of his life and let ONE kid in this mess enjoy himself. And I want to take Barb on a damn vacation and buy her a drink, a massage, and a bikini.

2 minutes ago, Christina said:

On the aftershow, Nessa asked viewers to tweet which Teen Mom 2 mom has changed the most. None of them. They are all in the same place they were in when they started. 

Chelsea's in a better place, I think. The others--nope.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9