Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Stand Beside Me

I'm begging television to stop either the out of nowhere t bone car accident. Just stop. Tv should have dropped the mic after alias did it. It will never be topped.

Scarlett can fuck right off. And gunnar knew the score. She was trying to get her Donnell Jones where I wanna be on and he knew it. Basically in that song Jones sings that he wants to be able to bang other women and if he still feels the same about her, he will come back. I never understood why women loved that song. That's basically all that song says. And she keeps doing that thing where you drop shitty news on someone and says sorry if that's hard for you. Take it how you like. Again fuck you.

Maddie is still the worst. One of the most self involved people I've ever seen on TV.

One bit of props. When Wayne popped in Rayna's office I jumped because I was looking down at my phone. Well played.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 14

So, after complaining about how inconvenient it was going to be to have security watching out for the family, they sure managed to NOT be around at all, not even when Rayna works ALONE late into the night in her office with headphones on! I mean, seriously, at SOME point you just have to take precautions. But, then, we'd have missed the DRAMA, and then the ride home and the DRAMA!

I fast-forwarded through Juliette's excursion into Gospel territory. Somehow I think the finished product will resemble a country version of Madonna's "Like A Prayer". Maybe Scarlett's new guy can direct the video.

2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Scarlett can fuck right off. And gunnar knew the score. She was trying to get her Donnell Jones where I wanna be on and he knew it. Basically in that song Jones sings that he wants to be able to bang other women and if he still feels the same about her, he will come back. I never understood why women loved that song. That's basically all that sing says. And she keeps doing that thing where you drop shitty news on someone and says sorry if that's hard for you. Take it how you like. Again fuck you.

Amen. She pulled the same thing last week and it annoyed me. Just SAY you're bored with your partner, and you want out. All this "I need to be with me" is crap. She's not going hiking alone in the wilderness.

• Love 5

My DVR cut off when Rayna was talking to Deacon from the car, did anything happen after that?

Seriously, it was an episode about Daphne’s period, how much more about teenagers can this show get? When Daphne said she had a stomach ache, I really thought she was going to have cancer or a tumor or some disease & Rayna was going to take her away for treatment, but no, they did a show about her getting her period.

WTF is going on with Scarlett’s hair? She looked like she was in The Human League, not like she's a contemporary country singer. How can they never get her hair looking right? This is the 5th season, how many season do they need for her to look normal?

Avery sang again! Yay!

• Love 6

I kind of loved the Scarlett stuff in this episode because I think it's the first time I got the feeling that they were exposing her for what she was.  Or at least I hope they were.  She's there trying to make her need to be away from Gunnar all profound and Gunnar's not having any of it.  He's looking at her and nailing the fact that she has a serious case of the lusties and is gonna scratch that itch. The funny thing is, I think Scarlett believed her BS and that probably lasted just the length of time it took her to get to Damian's hotel.  The only one she was fooling was herself. 

I kind of liked seeing bratty Juliette reappear but I too would like this gospel story to go away.  It feels like it's something for her to do and they could potentially tap deeper issues but instead of just speeding through them.  Speed faster.  By far the more interesting aspect is how Juliette feels about where she is musically and how she reacted to where Avery is. 

My DVR cut off when Rayna was talking to Deacon from the car, did anything happen after that?

A car hit her from the side.  Kind of reminiscent of how Season 1 ended.  

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

Rayna Jaymes, tragedy magnet. Enough! Jesus.

And if she does survive, goodness between this and the prior car accident with Deacon, she just should stay out of cars honestly.

The last few minutes there were intense, but I couldn't stop thinking "Emmy reel."

So Rayna pretty much blessed the Maddie-Clay union? Gross.

And Daphne got a little case of the Maddies there not wanting her Mom around to help her.

Scarlett?  Do not care. 

I realized when Rayna was telling Deacon that no one was around to help her with her period that Tandy doesn't exist anymore either. But I don't even remember if she was given her final walking papers for good last year.  It would make sense for her to still be around some to help out  in various family crises.

I hope Will is having fun. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

A car hit her from the side.  Kind of reminiscent of how Season 1 ended.  

AGAIN????? Crap, thanks for the info, I can't believe they're actually doing this again. 

10 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I realized when Rayna was telling Deacon that no one was around to her with her period that Tandy doesn't exist anymore either. But I don't even remember if she was given her final walking papers for good last year.  It would make sense for her to still be around some to help out  in various family crises.

I forgot all about Tandy until you mentioned her, I don't remember them sending her off either.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, GaT said:

AGAIN????? Crap, thanks for the info, I can't believe they're actually doing this again. 

I forgot all about Tandy until you mentioned her, I don't remember them sending her off either.

If Tandy is her sister (she will always just be April o Neil to me) they wrote her out as a recurring character for betraying Rayna although it was in the grand scheme a minor thing. Just complicated family stuff and they brought her back for the wedding. But don't expect to see her again. They did write her off. They can't afford the cast they do have anyway clearly. Netflix money is not what CMT is rolling in.

Some security guy who does a sweep of the office and doesn't notice the target hiding in the broom closet/behind a desk.  What was he looking for - the Hulk? Hope Rayna sues the hell out of that company.

Yea, car crash - again?!?!?!

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

If Tandy is her sister (she will always just be April o Neil to me) they wrote her out as a recurring character for betraying Rayna although it was in the grand scheme a minor thing. Just complicated family stuff and they brought her back for the wedding. But don't expect to see her again. They did write her off. They can't afford the cast they do have anyway clearly. Netflix money is not what CMT is rolling in.

Tandy popped in for the wedding. It's to be expected she would show up now that Rayna's hurt. 

Scarlett is a mess. I see Clare Bowen is overjoyed with the breakup but her character didn't come off as some poor innocent dove to me. This wasn't about her needing time for herself. She liked the guy and she wanted to sleep with him. She could at least own it. 

I need Juliette to show Avery some affection. 

Maddie remains the worst. 

After last week, I can go forever and not see Rayna and Deacon kiss again. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Seriously, it was an episode about Daphne’s period, how much more about teenagers can this show get? When Daphne said she had a stomach ache, I really thought she was going to have cancer or a tumor or some disease & Rayna was going to take her away for treatment, but no, they did a show about her getting her period.

I couldn't believe how stupid that story was.  Why were they showing us this?  And why would Daphne not want her mother's help?  And now, of course, it's obvious - it was a set up for Rayna's exit.  Every scene with Rayna tonight was either a happy last moment, or about her place in everyone's life before she was killed - Daphne needing her mother at life's milestones, (and notice Daphne didn't open the gift Rayna gave her upon receipt.  I'm sure it'll be a tearjerker moment later), Maddie happy and grateful that her mother offered to help what's-his-name, and Deacon and all his I-love-you's.  And then she dies.

i was hoping the rumors of Connie leaving the show were just rumors, but I guess not.  At least now I can quit the show without feeling guilty.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, GaT said:

Oh, I know why she cut it, I don't have a problem with it being short, especially since it looked like a rat's nest before. I have a problem with the styling, it's complete crap.

I'm thinking it has more to do with Bowen & her overall pro self-image message rather than the show's stylists making a mess of it. All of the other characters' hair seems to be consistently flattering (aside from Juliet's recent/constant top-knot...)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Scarlett can fuck right off. And gunnar knew the score. She was trying to get her Donnell Jones where I wanna be on and he knew it. Basically in that song Jones sings that he wants to be able to bang other women and if he still feels the same about her, he will come back. I never understood why women loved that song. That's basically all that song says. And she keeps doing that thing where you drop shitty news on someone and says sorry if that's hard for you. Take it how you like. Again fuck you.

Yeah, this, seriously. She came off so smug and self righteous, nobly telling Gunnar she had no feelings for him and did have feelings for British Douche, but she wouldn't cheat, that's not who she is, and then sighing condescendingly 'everything's not about sex. Did you even hear a word I said?' when Gunnar, accurately and rightly, said she just wanted to bang the other guy, and was going to. She didn't waste three minutes before she was in Damien's bed. I haven't hated Scarlett before, but Bowen so often plays her with such a lack of affect that she seems robotic and weird and emotionless, and it's off putting.

I loved Avery's song--plus he looked hot AF performing it. What was Juliette's problem and why did she feel the need to even tell him? Shut up. Also, yeah, I'm an atheist, so I'm not likely to be compelled by the whole finding God storyline, but it's kind of....boring.

Of course I knew when Rayna decided to be in her office all by herself after hours, wearing headphones, that Stalker Wayne would show up, but I still genuinely got chills when we saw his form in the office window behind her as he began to approach her. I thought that was, at least, a well done, well acted scene. But WTF with the car accident? Is Rayna just gonna be in a coma for months now while Britton decides to stay or go?

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

She was in Nashville recently.  So they did bring her back, presumably for the Rayna storyline.

• Love 1

Leave it to Maddie to act like the worst thing about her mom having a stalker is that it's a major inconvenience to her social life.

Juliette, it's fine if gospel music moves you and you want to explore that. But you can do that without making a gospel album. You can explore gospel music on your own personal time.

Damian can GTFO. Something happened between him and Scarlett and he wants to "honor that"? Ugh.

I laughed SO HARD when Maddie told Daphne, "I know you're having a tough day, but you can't treat me like this. I did nothing wrong." First of all, Maddie is the one always treating EVERYONE in her family like shit for no reason at all. Secondly, Daphne called you, her sister, not her mom, FOR A REASON. If she had wanted Rayna to come to school with a bag of clothes, she would have called her mom. Rayna was much more understanding about the situation than Maddie was though. Even though Maddie is only 17 and was in school until a few months ago, she apparently has no recollection of what it's like to be around other kids. I guess that's because she is sooooo mature now that she has a 24 year old boyfriend. Anyway, I loved that Rayna was so sweet with Daphne.

The thing that really annoyed me about the Scarlett/Gunnar discussion was that it reminded me so much of High Fidelity when Rob's only concern was whether his ex had slept with her new boyfriend yet. As for Scarlett, if you want to bone that jerk director, just say so. Honestly, all of this recent relationship drama between Scarlett and Gunnar reminds me of high school squabbling. I'm trying so hard to remember when I liked them together. Can we just have them sing together every other episode and be done with it? She can keep having scenes with Deacon, Rayna, Maddie, and Daphne. He can keep having scenes with Avery and Will.

Heh, I do love how both Scarlett and Deacon pop into their old place every once in a while just to get away from everyone else. I guess Deacon has no plans to sell his house? Not that I'm judging, especially since it looks like Scarlett will be moving back in now that she and Gunnar are broken up AGAIN.

• Love 6

Does anybody else find the Scarlett/Damien story really offensive and retrograde? I don't know if I even care that Scarlett's fooling herself about what she wants or doesn't want. The bare idea that this knob's "genius" consists in berating and screeching at a woman in public, and that means he knows her better than she knows herself, and it ultimately leads (somehow) to her self-discovery would be laughable, if it weren't so poisonous. I really liked the scenes around the video shoot where Scarlett told Damien he didn't actually know her at all, and he needed to back the hell up off her. Why did the show need to reverse that to show Scarlett realizing she had feelings for this controlling, abusive douchecrank? Feh.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 20
20 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

So the rumors didn't just have legs.. Connie/Rayna really is leaving.

I think I'm going be to be done as well. I didn't sgn up for the trials and tribulations of Daphne Msn Maddie the teenage years sagas.

I may seriously consider leaving as well.  Believe me, I'm no fan of Rayna, but I don't want to stick around to potentially see the aftermath.  Daphne will be alone because her sister is the most selfish, bratty ingrate ever.  I like Daphne.  I like Daphne a lot actually because she's a kid with kid issues.  I didn't mind the period story, and now it makes me sad because Rayna said that she first got her period just after her mom died.  I think that phone call between Maddie and Daphne was foreshadowing to show that Daphne will have to rely on Maddie, which she can't actually do.  I know that Maddie was working in that instance, but as someone who has siblings, siblings often call each other (instead of parents) when you get in a jam, and siblings do try to help each other out.  I just don't think Maddie treats Daphne kindly at all, and I'm not looking forward to Maddie being Daphne's support system if Rayna dies.  Maddie's MO is to think of herself first, last, and always.

Deacon and Scarlett are fine, but they are tied more to Maddie than to Daphne.  I know that Deacon cares for Daphne and probably even loves her, but he's not her father.  It'd be different if Teddy was a poor father to her, but he hasn't been, and I think it's crappy that Daphne has been made to rarely mention her dad.

• Love 5

I sincerely hoped that Connie's departure would have included a high profile announcement that she was leaving by choice, coupled with a replacement so Rayna could continue on. It wouldn't have been quite the same, but I don't see writing Rayna out.

But it IS a soap opera so maybe we'll find out that this Rayna was an imposter and the real Rayna was kidnapped and had plastic surgery.

I'm not up for my only favorite character, Deacon, to be mopey  for the rest of the time.

Yes, and Juliette needed to explore gospel music outside of moneymaking. She thinks she'll work magic with these people, but  she doesn't know. A more natural approach is to sing with them at church, if they'd let her. The whole "this IS black music" thing made me cringe.

Edited by TWP
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Does anybody else find the Scarlett/Damien story really offensive and retrograde? 

Yes me. It's gross and also unbelievable. I don't know why they want to break S&G up after four years of back and forth but they should have done it differently. Also I agree that shagging someone who has been abusive to you is in no way empowering, it's still abusive. 

Overall I'm not sure where this season is going but I fear it's more Maddie and less or dead Rayna which I'm not interested in especially not another half season with Deacon crying all the time.

I think Nashville has run out of ideas & it's time for it to end maybe? 

Edited by MisterS
Additional thought
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Does anybody else find the Scarlett/Damien story really offensive and retrograde? I don't know if I even care that Scarlett's fooling herself about what she wants or doesn't want. The bare idea that this knob's "genius" consists in berating and screeching at a woman in public, and that means he knows her better than she knows herself, and it ultimately leads (somehow) to her self-discovery would be laughable, if it weren't so poisonous. I really liked the scenes around the video shoot where Scarlett told Damien he didn't actually know her at all, and he needed to back the hell up off her. Why did the show need to reverse that to show Scarlett realizing she had feelings for this controlling, abusive douchecrank? Feh.

I find it utterly disgusting for the exact same reason, and it's why the episode where she saw the video was the last episode of Nashville I watched -- the previews of her falling for him made me peace out so hard. What a horrible message to celebrate that abusive behavior leads to romance.

I really wish the show hadn't come back. Apart from the Juliette crash, the ABC finale wrapped things up in a satisfying way.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Yeah, this, seriously. She came off so smug and self righteous, nobly telling Gunnar she had no feelings for him and did have feelings for British Douche, but she wouldn't cheat, that's not who she is, and then sighing condescendingly 'everything's not about sex. Did you even hear a word I said?' when Gunnar, accurately and rightly, said she just wanted to bang the other guy, and was going to. She didn't waste three minutes before she was in Damien's bed. I haven't hated Scarlett before, but Bowen so often plays her with such a lack of affect that she seems robotic and weird and emotionless, and it's off putting.

I thought she was straight-up creepy in this episode. 

• Love 6

Scarlett was so insufferable this episode. I can't believe she acted put out by Gunnar not congratulating her on breaking his heart. And good god, that hair.

Juliette! Stop being such a jerk to your perfect husband!

Okay, so they had to kill off (or debilitate) Rayna. They JUST HAD her in a room with an unhinged stalker with a knife, and they opted to go for another crash? Come ON.

BRING
BACK
WILL

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Sandman said:

Rayna Jaymes, tragedy magnet. Enough! Jesus.

"When it comes to sufferin', she's right up there with Elizabeth Taylor."  (Bonus points for citing the source.)

Where the h3ll is Will?

Worst security detail ever.  Should have been fired on the spot.

• Love 1

I think I'm out too if Rayna dies. And not even because of her but because of what the show is doing with everyone else. Maddie is annoying and unredeemable. I like her boyfriend but less so because of his connection with her. 

The "Scamian" storyline is insufferable. She's dead to me and I hope Damien hits and quits and Gunnar never takes her back. In the promo that skank took Gunnar's call while Damien was lying right next to her. She couldn't have at least got up out of bed?? Fuck her. I might have had a little more sympathy if she hadn't proved Gunnar right by going directly to dude's hotel. 

Will is MIA and so is any decent male perspective on this show.

After barely surviving S4 I will not watch OOC drama tearing Javery apart. I don't know what kind of superhuman strength Juliette must have because there's just no way I could have resisted Avery after that performance. She was almost as rude to him as Scarlett was to Gunnar. There's a way to "tell the truth" without being insensitive.

• Love 7

It appears Rayna is at least

Spoiler

alive next week, according to the episode guide thingy, so she ain't dead yet.

But if she did die, I'm still in. I like CB but not always Rayna, and I came to this show for Jonathan Jackson, and stay for him and Deacon and sometimes Juliette. So CB leaving wouldn't make me defect.

"When it comes to sufferin', she's right up there with Elizabeth Taylor."  (Bonus points for citing the source.)

Ouiser! No, wait, one of the others, but I forget which one. Truvy?

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, MisterS said:

I don't know why they want to break S&G up after four years of back and forth but they should have done it differently. 

Because breaking them up & getting them back together is their only plot. They change around how it happens every season, but it's the same thing over & over, just like Will's only plot is "Will is still gay"

Edited by GaT
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I think that phone call between Maddie and Daphne was foreshadowing to show that Daphne will have to rely on Maddie, which she can't actually do.  I know that Maddie was working in that instance, but as someone who has siblings, siblings often call each other (instead of parents) when you get in a jam, and siblings do try to help each other out.  I just don't think Maddie treats Daphne kindly at all, and I'm not looking forward to Maddie being Daphne's support system if Rayna dies.  Maddie's MO is to think of herself first, last, and always.

Yep, Maddie was all me-me-me and answered the phone with "I told you not to call me at work" instead of wondering "Why are you calling me in the middle of the school day? What's wrong?" especially when the stalker had approached Daphne at school before.

• Love 7

I realized during this episode that I don't enjoy any of the plot lines anymore. CMT appears to be putting the final nail in the Nashville coffin. You know you are scraping the bottom of the barrel when you do a show about a kid getting her period. Seriously, WTF.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

I realized during this episode that I don't enjoy any of the plot lines anymore. CMT appears to be putting the final nail in the Nashville coffin. You know you are scraping the bottom of the barrel when you do a show about a kid getting her period. Seriously, WTF.

Yeah. I wouldn't mind the Daphne Gets Her Period plot if this were a different show. But it not that type of show. This new move and new showrunners have made this into a teen drama and I'm not here for that. 

• Love 3

Oh my God seriously!?! Rayna gets T boned by ANOTHER car? How did this happen? The odds must be astronomical! Did Rayna, like, cut off that old magic lady from Drag me to Hell in traffic one day, and she cursed Rayna to get stuck inn the same car crash over and over again? If Rayna is dead, I call bullshit. I'm not a huge Rayna person, but I have invested four seasons into her, especially her and Deacon, and this would be a shitty way to end her character.

Other than that...at least we heard a bit of singing this time? And Connie did a good job in the stalker scene, so that was well done. But, mostly, this was more boring family/teen drama and spinning the wheels with every plotline.

I'm actually alright with Juliette finding God (its better than Juliette downward spiraling for the 300th time) but would it kill her to be nice to Avery every once in awhile? I know she's brutally honest, but she cant just tell her poor sainted husband his song sounds good? That's too much to ask? I'm really going to need to see Juliette putting in some effort in this relationship soon. Its one of the only plots I kind of like!

I bet Will is in a better show somewhere, off screen. I swear, every second Maddie is on screen, I wonder what Will is doing. Maddie is such a waste of screen time, I cant even deal with it. I actually was alright with the period Daphne stuff, because its an actual kid problem and Rayna got to be a good mom. Maddie is just a pain in the ass.

Scarlett...just makes no sense. Explain why she likes this asshole? Does he remind her of her awful mom? Girl, find a therapist ASAP.  That's all I have to say.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, MisterS said:

I think Nashville has run out of ideas & it's time for it to end maybe? 

They ended it last year and CMT decided to resurrect it. I wish the show had been allowed to die a natural death. There's been some decent stuff this season but as a whole it just hasn't gelled for me.

19 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

So, after complaining about how inconvenient it was going to be to have security watching out for the family, they sure managed to NOT be around at all, not even when Rayna works ALONE late into the night in her office with headphones on! I mean, seriously, at SOME point you just have to take precautions. But, then, we'd have missed the DRAMA, and then the ride home and the DRAMA!

That guy appeared to have done a sweep of her office before leaving her in their, so apparently he kind of sucks at his job. Although, he did a decent job talking down the stalker.

I have never hated Scarlett before, but I really hated her tonight. I don't get her feelings for Damien at all and she could have split with Gunnar in a much better way. I'm actually really annoyed with the show, because after several years of WTWT drama between those two, they finally got back together, and were only allowed to be happy for about two episodes before turning into this awful storyline.

Maddie continues to be an awful person with her treatment of Daphne. I get that she was at work and couldn't just leave work, but she had no right to yell at Daphne later, especially considering how crappy she has treated everyone in the past.

I will be pissed if they kill of Rayna. They could have let this show end last year with a happy ending for everyone (if they aired the alternate ending for Juliette).

• Love 3

Damn. I jumped a few times and scared the cat off my lap at the end. All I could think of was "My name isn't Michael Vaughn." (Alias geek off)

If the car crash is fatal, why wasn't Maddie in there with her? That's the only character I consistently want to die.

I thought the Daphne period story was well handled. Laughed when Deacon suggested the party. Maybe they could have a red velvet cake? 

Co-sign with everyone on Scarlett and her damned hair and male issues. I only like her when she's talking to Deacon. Sleeping with verbally abusive director? Another stellar choice for our tragic chipmunk.

• Love 6

"Tonight -- on a Very Special Episode of 'Nashville' -- Daphne gets her period!"

So, if Rayna dies, what would happen to Daphne? Deacon's not her biological father -- did he ever adopt her? If not, then Teddy, or one of his relatives, might have something to say about it.

• Love 5

How does someone get held hostage by his/her stalker and then get in a car accident the same day?  The odds are nil.

I love Connie and I'm sad that it looks like she won't be in the rest of the show, but sometimes when it's going down, it just makes more sense to leave on a high note.  But as long as Hayden doesn't jump ship, I will continue watching.

When Rayna came to get Daphne, the first thing I thought about was why didn't Rayna look back at the bed or look at her skirt for stains (sorry for this graphic image)? I know that things didn't trickle down as of yet when she was at the house but  I would think as a mother, the thought would just occur that if your daughter has not begun menstruating yet and all of sudden doesn't feel well one morning.  But maybe I just feel that way because they gave us that scene and it would have to mean something important.

Maddie: please correct yourself and lose your Trent D' Arby boyfriend or Go Fish.

Scarlett: Go Fish. Please remove yourself from my screen. Thank You.

Edited by paperplate
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I thought the Daphne period story was well handled. Laughed when Deacon suggested the party. Maybe they could have a red velvet cake? 

I agree, and Deacon reminded me of my dad at times when I was much younger and dealing with all the stuff that goes with handling your period.  Men seem to get very flustered by it.

To those who are not fans of the period storyline, I hear you.  It's not great for TV, but I'd rather that for Daphne instead of all of the crap we've had to watch concerning Maddie and the insufferable person she's become.

I must say, I'm disappointed that this is what we're getting from the two men who brought us thirtysomething. Granted, it's been decades since I saw an episode, and I didn't watch that many, but the show was highly acclaimed.  We're not getting anything CLOSE to that.  Maddie hasn't been fixed to my satisfaction AT ALL, Scarlett's been trashed as a character, Juliette and Avery are just kinda there, and I don't care about Rayna's concept album.  Plus, Juliette hasn't sung in forever. Just because she's got issues with her legs at the moment doesn't mean there's anything wrong with her mouth!

ETA:

Yep, Maddie was all me-me-me and answered the phone with "I told you not to call me at work" instead of wondering "Why are you calling me in the middle of the school day? What's wrong?" especially when the stalker had approached Daphne at school before.

Exactly, and usually "Don't tell Mom and Dad" often means "I'm not ready to tell Mom and Dad YET, and unless a sibling is in imminent danger of serious harm, my siblings and I have always tried to help each other out in the short term.  Dealing with parents came later. For something like what happened on the show, you try and find another intern to handle the desk, you take your lunch break early, you try and do something.  Then, if you can't possibly do anything, you call your mom and say something like, "Mom, Daphne's in a jam.  She's fine, but she doesn't want you to freak out over this, OK?"  Maddie was a crappy sister because she punted directly to Rayna with minimal effort on Maddie's part first.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2

Things I did not need: Rayna in another car accident.

And yeah, I have no feels for Scarlet at all. She's being a spiteful little bitch - I can only read this as Scarlet thinking she's found her wild side and that means being vindictive to Gunnar. She's living out the character Damien was trying to get on film. Yuck. 

• Love 3

Does anyone get Juliette's feedback on Avery's song? She said he's not this angry kid anymore, but I didn't think Avery or his song sounded angry. And why did she think he needed to mature musically? The song didn't sound immature to me. What's going on there? I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. Was Juliette right, and Avery does need to mature? Or was this more about her new outlook on life or something?

• Love 1

Was Juliette right, and Avery does need to mature? Or was this more about her new outlook on life or something

I think we're supposed to think she's wrong and being too critical, but then Avery will realize he should change his music a little bit.  I really hope they're not heading down some road, we're he's going to help Juliette with the Gospel album instead of doing his own thing.  Maybe this will lead to some huge fight, with Avery calling Juliette out in a way for being a hypocrite, or something.  Avery's been through some shit with Juliette, and her judging him, or, at least, his music as being immature is a touch annoying (understatement).

• Love 1

Ok, so I've been trying to figure out why Douchebag Director looks so familiar. I first thought he was the actor who played Rapist Teacher in 90210, but I finally looked it up and figured it out. He was young Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Of course he was. No wonder I dislike the guy. He's a good actor, I'll give him that. But yeah, not seeing what he sees in Scarlett, just like I don't see what she sees in him. He's only going to take off when a better opportunity comes up and he'll leave her behind and break her heart. Or she'll break his heart by not going wherever he needs to go next. At this point, they're such despicable people that I can't imagine which is going to be the heartbreaker. Poor Gunnar; I hope the guy can move on and find a different girl. Scarlett was honestly harsh toward him in the breakup scene. Like, there's a difference between being honest and basically being a bitch to him. If the roles were reversed, I'd think that Gunnar was a douchebag. Also, Scarlett practically lied to Gunnar by saying that she just needed to be by herself, followed by her going to sleep with Damien, which was clear from the start. 

Maddie in her first scene: "Why are the security guys back? They're harshing my vibe. Oh, stalker guy is back? Why didn't you tell me? This is so inconvenient! That guy is so dangerous that he could show up anywhere! But I don't want to take any security guards with me!!" Yeah, Maddie, shut your mouth and deal with it. She's awful. She's made so many promises to be nicer and be a better person, at least to Maddie, but she hasn't taken anything in. Although I'm now convinced that we are supposed to find Maddie annoying, or else they wouldn't give her bitchy remarks every time she speaks. But why she keeps getting so much screentime is beyond me. 

Also, why is Maddie not in school like Daphne? I know Maddie's seventeen and I'm pretty sure she's still in high school. It is disappointing that she couldn't help her sister out. She was already being sent out on a food run. Was there no way she could have let them know that she had to make a quick detour to help her sister out and then dropped off clothes for her? Or was there too much distance from work to home to Daphne's school? If that's the case, then I get why Maddie called Rayna in that moment. But then she went on at Daphne at home and any understanding I might have had was gone.

I like Juliette and I like Avery, but I need to see an arc where Juliette is supporting Avery through something. She doesn't really get a lot of moments to do so, so their relationship feels somewhat unbalanced. I also don't mind her arc yet, which is good. She's growing, which is a huge step.

Yeah, so Rayna gets confronted by her stalker, ends up fine...and then gets into another car accident. Yeah, show, that's just dumb and not realistic to life. Also, I'm going to bet that we don't get any scenes of Daphne talking to anyone about Rayna's accident in the next episode, and it'll be about Maddie and her guilt or whatever. Yawn. 

• Love 4