Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Last To Know

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I have also been gifted with long-lasting youth, and I love it. ? I'm 29, but most people just flat-out don't believe me, and most think somewhere from 22-24. I don't even mind birthdays, since I don't look my age. It's not like I'm the prettiest girl in the room or anything, but I absolutely love being able to hold onto what I have. My mom is the same way; she's 60, and still looks 50 at the oldest, and I'm always assuming people are waaaay older than her when they are younger! I hated my baby face and "innocent" looks as a teen, but now it's literally the best! When I do see tiny lines, I freak out a little haha. I had bad migraines as a teen / college student that kept me from living life to the fullest, so I think of this "second youth" as the little trick up God's sleeve! ?

I feel you.  When I was a new attorney having a "baby face" on top of being a female was WAY more a curse than a blessing.  At this point, I look old enough to be doing what I'm doing, but people do seem genuinely shocked when they find out how old I am (especially when I've just covered all my grays at the salon) so it's pretty much the best.

No plastic, immobile face for this girl.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Moisturizer works too.

Also, I can't recommend this enough: Sunscreen. Every day, rain or shine, nothing under 30. I don't exactly avoid the sun, but I avoid baking in it. Saw the damage sun bathing and tanning beds do to people. I can take people's jokes about my Casper the ghost skin tone if it means I can still pass for my 20s lol. Even though the fine lines that are creeping in do bug me a little, I try to accept it. Everyone is going to age, and from what I've seen, the greater lengths you go to stop the process, the more ridiculous you look in the end.

Does Chelsea tan or is that a spray on tan? If she is tanning, that isn't helping her skin. I'm guessing neither is the heavy make-up she wears. I find it hard to believe she has the kind of fine lines at 24/25 that require more then a good moisturizer, but it is hard to tell with her.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Also, I can't recommend this enough: Sunscreen. Every day, rain or shine, nothing under 30. I don't exactly avoid the sun, but I avoid baking in it. Saw the damage sun bathing and tanning beds do to people. I can take people's jokes about my Casper the ghost skin tone if it means I can still pass for my 20s lol. Even though the fine lines that are creeping in do bug me a little, I try to accept it. Everyone is going to age, and from what I've seen, the greater lengths you go to stop the process, the more ridiculous you look in the end.

Does Chelsea tan or is that a spray on tan? If she is tanning, that isn't helping her skin. I'm guessing neither is the heavy make-up she wears. I find it hard to believe she has the kind of fine lines at 24/25 that require more then a good moisturizer, but it is hard to tell with her.

Yep! Sunscreen is a blessing. I am very light-skinned. Sun damage and smoking can really wreak havoc on the face. I don't smoke. Drinking lots of water is good, too. 

Chelsea doesn't even need make-up. Why she chooses to pile on the make-up, I will never know. 

• Love 5

Chelsea has always had low self esteem.  I think her being on the show just increased that.  I mean....we see how every little spot in their lives and their bodies is picked apart.  It doesn't shock me at all that Chelsea is so made up.  At all.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I think Leah's scenes tend to be the ones that are the most scrutinized. She gives us so much to question.

Oh yeah. I was pausing and rewinding to see her weird back muscles, or atrophy, or whateverthefuck is going on there. I also kept rewinding the kids in the pool. They scared me. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I think it's obviously irresponsible as hell for Jenelle to be pregnant yet again - she's been engaged how many times to how many guys and been planning to marry them and start a family with them, only for them to break up a year or 2 later? It's like groundhog day with her. BUT one thing that I do like about Dave is, I notice, they don't really seem to fight. Things seem much calmer. That stands out compared to her past volatile relationships with Nathan, Kieffer, Andrew, Courtland and Gary. That gives me hope that maaaaybe this one will be a bit more stable, but who knows, bc we all know Jenelle is basically allergic to stability. 

Two things:

1. I don't think Nathan is as explosive as some of the other guys. He has anger inside of him, that much is clear, but I think he is able to control it better, as he controls his women. Remember, this is the dude that pushed his pregnant ex out of a moving car. He's not even able to see the son that she later gave birth to. So...

2. Wait for it. It's coming. I think Jenelle is terrified of him. I see David as the type to squeeze your arm when no one is looking and whisper threats in your ears. He'll hit her where the bruises don't show. She doesn't argue because she's constantly trying to please him, which is so UN-Janelle like. She has said MINOR things that made him bristle, and she immediately changes her tune. This relationship does NOT seem healthy to me, just because it's not as loud. 

19 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Leah definitely needs her own cooking show:

Non-Cooking with Leah

Making a Messer

MSG (Mediocre Second Generation) Cooking

#Easy Peasy

Hash Tags but No H

How To Burn Your Kidses Dinner in Two Easy Steps

3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Been meaning to post this, but keep forgetting. In the baby shower after special, did anyone notice how Nessa pronounced Jeremy's name? She said it exactly the way we spell it here - Germy. I thought my mind was hearing things so I rewinded that moment five times just to be sure. lol  Yep, she sure did say it that way.

I caught that as well and just about fell out of my seat. I mean, that IS how Leah pronounces it, so...

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Oh yeah. I was pausing and rewinding to see her weird back muscles, or atrophy, or whateverthefuck is going on there. I also kept rewinding the kids in the pool. They scared me. 

I rewinded the pool scenes twice. Scary shit. I also paused the flicking the tear drop scene because I just had to get a good look at her hand and fingers. More scary shit.

• Love 5

I used to hate my oily face growing up. I visited a dermatologist in my teens when dealing with some acne. He told me to cherish my oily skin because it is my skin's own natural moisturizer. He advised me what to use to wash my face with and what make-up to use and to avoid. I am 51 and not a wrinkle in sight.

I'll be 60 shortly and my face is still oily.  I'm trying to decide whether there's humor in buying Clearasil with my senior discount.  At least it's the "adult" formula.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ok since it is confession time, I have eaten some gross/weird stuff - mostly when I was younger.  I liked mayo sandwiches (it makes me gag now...)

Miracle whip sandwich lover here.... and with a slice of cheese makes it even more delicious.... and i'm in my mid-30s and still love it lol

Although I only eat it when I'm like desperate for food and I have nothing to make an actual decent sandwich out of - so maybe once a year lol. (and a miracle whip sandwich dipped in tomato soup is yum)

22 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'll be 60 shortly and my face is still oily.  I'm trying to decide whether there's humor in buying Clearasil with my senior discount.  At least it's the "adult" formula.

have you tried any charcoal face washes? Look up the company Lush, they have a charcoal soap bar that I love.  And if you happen to have one near you even better cause they will give you a free sample. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

If we lived in a truly fair world, no one would have wrinkles and pimples at the same time.

<examines face, notes pimple ON a wrinkle>

So much for that.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, lezlers said:

I feel you.  When I was a new attorney having a "baby face" on top of being a female was WAY more a curse than a blessing.  At this point, I look old enough to be doing what I'm doing, but people do seem genuinely shocked when they find out how old I am (especially when I've just covered all my grays at the salon) so it's pretty much the best.

No plastic, immobile face for this girl.

Haha I hear you!!! I am a teacher, and have been mistaken for a student less than you'd think (the fact that I'm 5'9" helps with that), but when parents meet me, it's always, "how are you a teacher?! Is it your first year?" Just last week when I went to buy contact lenses, I told the contact lady I was a teacher and she blurted out, "ummm, how OLD are you? You look nowhere near old enough to be a teacher!" Sometimes I feel like saying I'm 22, just to keep the charade up, but I always tell the truth that I'm 29. Then it's, "WOW! I didn't look like that at 29!"

i'm meticulous with sunscreen, but I agree with the poster who said it's genetics. My grandma, who died at 90, still had a head of thick dark hair, and my mom looks so young too. It is possible to ruin your genetic advantage though...my younger sister is addicted to tanning, and looks years older than me! She was always the gorgeous one, and I think it's starting to bother her that the pendulum is swinging...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Oh, I know, I always wear sunscreen when I'm outside and rarely ever bake in the sun - even before I realized how bad for you it is, I was just never the type to wanna sit around in the sun all day - too hot! 

I'm 28 and I've done botox before and would do it more if I could afford it. It's not so much that I have any deep wrinkles or even many fine lines, it's more of a preventative measure, than anything. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for Chelsea. I get it done on the glabella lines (the ones in between the eyebrows) about once a year, maybe less - though I'd do it a lot more if I had the $ to do so. I'm lucky in that my forehead doesn't have any horizontal lines, so I don't need to do that. Just the frown lines in between the eyebrows. It's a good preventative measure. 

Also, what you "need" as far as beauty goes is all about what you feel you need - you can have the most wrinkled face in the world, but if you feel content w/how you look and feel you don't need it..then you don't need it. But if you're 25 and feel like you need botox to prevent the lines from becoming more prominent, then you need it. 

I don't think non-surgical treatments like botox is that extreme or unusual for people in their 20's. 

Now a FACELIFT at that age, that's extreme. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 1

I think Leah's scenes tend to be the ones that are the most scrutinized. She gives us so much to question.

She does, doesn't she? Although I tend to watch almost all the Teen Moms with skepticism, tbh, bc I know all of them are well-aware they are on TV and we are only seeing what they choose to show us and tell us, as viewers, which means we are likely not getting the full picture of what's going on and it's on us as viewers to fill in the gaps. 

IDK whether Leah has or had a drug problem in the past or now. What I do believe, for sure, is that Leah suffered from severe post-pardum depression. She admitted as much when she said she went to rehab for depression and anxiety. Everyone thinks that's such a crock of shit, but the thing is, her behavior is not unusual for someone who is severely depressed and anxious - not being able to get things done on time, not being able to keep up around the house, hoarding, everything being disheveled, not being able to stick to a schedule, staying up all night and then being unable to get up and take the kids to school during the day, feeding the kids at odd hours, etc. All of this can be a sign of a drug problem, too, of course, but it can also be a sign of someone who is not on drugs, but is severely depressed and anxious - which makes them too unmotivated to be productive or do anything and aware of this and depressed about it, but at the same time, too anxious and overwhelmed to even know where to begin to fix it. Like that car, when everything was so piled up that you couldn't even see out the back window - she let it get so bad that I'll bet she just couldn't find the motivation or energy to clean it up. The depression and anxiety diagnosis is so common that, i think, sometimes people don't take them seriously, but combined together, they can be devastating to your quality of life. 

I think Catelynn from Teen Mom OG suffers from the same thing, but Tyler's been w/her forever so he's more willing to tolerate it than Jeremy or Corey were. But even he is getting impatient and frustrated w/Catelynn. 

When I watch Leah's scenes, I don't watch for drug use - she doesn't appear high to me - I watch for signs of her still hoarding and being so unorganized and unable to do things on time. I look at the background of her house to see if it seems clean and organized, or if it's messy and dirty like before. I look at how many times she's moving - again - it'll be interesting to see if she's able to finally settle in now that she's finally bought a house. 

So far, it's hard to tell if there's been much improvement. I believe she is trying and maybe there's been some improvement, but not as much as she wants people to believe there is. For example, she wasn't able to get the girls's passports on time. Last year, there wasn't much food or drink in the fridge. The house also looked messy. This year, we haven't seen too many scenes of the inside of the house so IDK. 

But yes, I scrutinize Leah's scenes, too, watching for signs if she's really gotten it together or if she's just trying to paint a picture for viewers. 

• Love 1

She might be, but it's not all that clear to me because her personality doesn't appear to be all that different from earlier seasons. She seems hyped up and animated this season, she doesn't seem like she's nodding out or out of it. 

• Love 1

Sunscreen is one of the main aggravators of my senior citizen acne. 

For those of you who don't look years younger than you are, you can get a little pick-me-up by buying Sudafed in West Virginia.  I did it once and when I showed my driver's license, the pharmacist kind of gasped and said, "You don't look anywhere near that old."  I just thought, "Well, I don't look anywhere near as old as West Virginia meth addicts who are my age."

So Leah's probably still considered hot.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Two things:

1. I don't think Nathan is as explosive as some of the other guys. He has anger inside of him, that much is clear, but I think he is able to control it better, as he controls his women. Remember, this is the dude that pushed his pregnant ex out of a moving car. He's not even able to see the son that she later gave birth to. So...

2. Wait for it. It's coming. I think Jenelle is terrified of him. I see David as the type to squeeze your arm when no one is looking and whisper threats in your ears. He'll hit her where the bruises don't show. She doesn't argue because she's constantly trying to please him, which is so UN-Janelle like. She has said MINOR things that made him bristle, and she immediately changes her tune. This relationship does NOT seem healthy to me, just because it's not as loud. 

How To Burn Your Kidses Dinner in Two Easy Steps

I caught that as well and just about fell out of my seat. I mean, that IS how Leah pronounces it, so...

See, I found Nathan to be the most explosive of the bunch. The way he went off on Barbara and called her an alcoholic was nuts. Who talks that way to someone else's mom? I would never ever ever ever talk that way to my guy's mom or anyone in his family, even if I couldn't stand them bc I would just feel so odd and uncomfortable and inappropriate doing so. I feel like when somebody steps out of line with someone who it is inappropriate to be yelling at is a pretty good indicator that this person hs serious problems controlling his/her temper. And the countless other arguments and screaming matches he had with Jenelle. He always had such a short fuse. And apparently he was arrested for trying to choke his ex. 

David, I don't know. You could be right, I just don't get that vibe from him. I do see that he has his opinions on Jenelle and her custody situation, but so did Nathan. Jenelle talks about it a lot. And I see that he definitely tries to put things in her ear about the Kaiser situation but Javi acted sorta similar about Jo - seemed annoyed whenever Kail was willing to compromise with him. So he can be petty and sometimes inject where it's not his place. But I just don't get the insane and violent thing from him. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't get the vibe that Jenelle is so scared of him. Jenelle doesn't suffer in silence, I think if she didn't wanna be with him, she'd make it a big drama, claim he hurt her and seek sympathy for it from another guy and leave him, just like she did with Gary and Courtland. 

Just to clarify, who apparently tried to push his pregnant ex out of a moving car? Nathan or David? I didn't hear about this. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Just to clarify, who apparently tried to push his pregnant ex out of a moving car? Nathan or David? I didn't hear about this. 

David pushed his pregnant ex out of a moving car. She has a no contact order and he's not allowed near the son she delivered. He also beat the crap out of her. His most recent arrest was for grabbing and trying to hug the child (a boy) in a grocery store. He was charged with violating the  no contact order. He's done time for breaking and entering, larceny, willful and wanton injury to property and he's had 3 driving while impaired/reckless driving charges.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

David pushed his pregnant ex out of a moving car. She has a no contact order and he's not allowed near the son she delivered. He also beat the crap out of her. His most recent arrest was for grabbing and trying to hug the child (a boy) in a grocery store. He was charged with violating the  no contact order. He's done time for breaking and entering, larceny, willful and wanton injury to property and he's had 3 driving while impaired/reckless driving charges.

OK yes, I just now looked it up. So apparently, she filed this protective order against him in October 2015, but this was AFTER David had already started seeing Jenelle. When it was first announced he and Jenelle were seeing each other, it was September 2015: http://starcasm.net/archives/329745 

Soooo it's not like he was this obsessed guy who just wouldn't leave his ex alone. I wouldn't be surprised if she got angry with him for leaving her to be w/Jenelle while she was still pregnant and got kind of crazy on him and he pushed her out of the car and then she filed the protective order and wouldn't allow him to see their kid out of spite. I mean she had every reason to be angry w/him, can you imagine? You're pregnant and not only does your guy leave you for another woman, but also a woman whose well-known and so it's ALL over the blogs and gossip mags and so you don't even get the time to get over it privately, everyone knows, how embarrassing and hurtful. Sooo I'm just saying, I don't think she filed it against him for being an obsessed, violent psycho when clearly, by the time she filed the protective order, he'd already moved on w/Jenelle. 

And the other stuff is obviously not good, but not a violent crime, either. IDK. I just don't see any huge red flags on David that are any bigger than the red flags on all the other guys she's dated - criminal record, baby mama drama, etc. 

10 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Yes, she has --- but she has never come across as fueled by a need to have a man.

Really? I think she does. You know how I know that? Because when Jeremy was w/her and wanted to marry her and she broke up w/him bc she was still trying to get back with Corey, but then Corey turned her down, she went right back to Jeremy. As in, "OK, I wanted Corey, but I suppose if the one I want doesn't want me, Jeremy will do." 

Whereas when my ex broke up w/me a couple years ago and my roommate's friend wanted me, I still didn't get with him b/c I just wasn't into him, I'd rather be alone than w/someone I'm not into. 

• Love 6

#5 all day.  I'm not really sure how it's ok (even if this is what happened) for him to push her out of the car just because she was mad that he moved on to "famous" Jenelle.  He still pushed a pregnant woman out of a car.  And choked her.  I would stay the hell away from him and I'd be damned if I let a kid I was in charge of go near him.  As an adult, I'd have a chance of maybe defending myself, but a baby?  Nope, not letting him near it.

• Love 20
35 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

We are just going to have to agree to disagree because here are my thoughts -

1. David not only pushed her out of the car but he also choked her, threatened to kill her and pushed her down the stairs and she nearly went into premature labor.  Even if we just take the car incident, "going crazy" at him is not in any way shape or form an excuse for assaulting another person. 

3. She does not appear to be keeping their son away out of spite.  She appears to be doing it out of a well founded fear of danger, something which a judge agreed to, hence the domestic violence order. 

4.  This is the man who answered, "I'd beat her" to the question about what he would do if his daughter dropped his phone in the toilet, posted a sexually explicit photo of his girlfriend's kid and called a toddler a whiny little bitch and saw nothing wrong with any of that.  And that is only what we know about.

5. I resent the implication that a woman who was assaulted by her partner would be keeping their child away out of spite.  That implies that women are using the domestic violence system to be petty cows and while yes, for every Kail who is using an AVO against their ex, there are hundreds of other women who live in fear of their ex-partners.  Given David's track record, I would suggest that his ex appears to be in the second category. Filing it later doesn't make her claim any less genuine especially since we know very little about this woman and her reasons behind filing.  

Exactly! We know basically nothing about her! That's my point, so for all we know, she got physically crazy w/him in the car and then that's when he pushed her out. And the fact that she filed it a month after he'd already moved on w/Jenelle is what makes me skeptical of her version of events. It just doesn't make sense to me that a woman who claims she's afraid of a man would file a protective order against him a month after he's already moved on. If you're so afraid of him, you should be thrilled that he's no longer focused on you and forget about to protective order and just be done with him bc he's done with you, anyway. 

So I'm not claiming to know what happened, but just from the little bit of info I do have, I don't think the above drama makes David any worse than any of the other assholes she's dated. 

If she'd filed the protective order BEFORE David started dating Jenelle, that would def be a red flag and I'd agree that David is scary as fuck. But the fact that she did it after, when he'd already moved on w/Jenelle...that makes me skeptical of her version of events. I'm sure there's some truth to her story but I doubt it's the whole story and I'd be willing to bet that she's leaving out her role in whatever occurred. 

Edited by SheTalksShit

Uncle Creepy has proven he has a vicious and violent temper and no self control when he's angered.

He threw the mother of his child out of a moving car, choked her, threatened to kill her and pushed her down some stairs.

On TV, in front of millions of viewers, he said he'd beat his child if she dropped his phone in the toilet.

Also in front of millions of viewers, he called an innocent child a whiny, little bitch.

He did time for willful and wanton destruction of property. That tells me that he not only beats people when he's angry, he also destroys other people's things. There is no excuse in the world for that. He's a dangerous creep and Jenelle is an idiot to have let him into her life. It's not going to end well.

• Love 18

Even if she got "physically crazy" with David in the car, you don't try to choke and then push a pregnant woman out of a moving vehicle -- or any human for that matter!  Pull the car over and get out. Walk away. 

Observing the way David is with the children and Barb, I doubt this woman got "physically crazy" before he became crazy. The guy is possessive and moody. 

• Love 19

Don't get me wrong, I think Nathan is violent and controlling, so I'm not saying he's an angel, but he also lets it show... again not good in any case but in my opinion better than David who seems more calculating in my opinion. You can tell when David makes his little jabs when Jenelles talking (like about custody, or the baby announcement) that he's angry, but he's controlling it... at least on camera, but it's the kind of angry that one day is going to snap, not like he just knows better than to get too angry on camera. 

Im also one who looks young, I'm 34...but nobody ever guesses my age close. Lately it seems everyone assumes I don't have kids because I look young. It's true I don't have kids, but it's a sensitive subject and I'm almost old enough to be unable to have kids, so when people refer to the future "when I have kids" it bothers me (but that's a whole other rant). Ironically I'm posting about looking too young to have kids in a post about young mothers lol. 

Leah has definitely aged the worst but if you look at it she has almost all of the risk factors for skin aging badly: tanning beds (she did a lot in the earlier episodes she even worked at a tanning bed place), smoking, drug use, stress (yes I'll give her that... her life is stressful between Ali and the stress she creates herself) most of the moms have some of those but not all.

• Love 3

I think Nathan is just as dangerous...especially when he is fueled with alcohol.  He was just arrested for choking his most recent ex and it isn't the first time.  

As for Leah, I think she desperately always needs a man.  She's just been better at hiding her dick from the MTV cameras.  She needs dick so much she usually has two going at the same time.  Again.  And again.  And again.  She's basically the gif with a girl getting hit with hotdogs in the face.  

Edited by shelley1234
  • Love 3

When he started dating Jenelle has nothing to do with it.  Many men who commit acts of DV...they can start dating someone else, but still be violent with their previous partners, particularly if they are pregnant with their child.  They can be fucking someone else and still think the other woman and the child in her belly are his property.  

His ex is lucky he didn't kill her or their child.  He should be in prison IMO.  

• Love 13

Look, both of these guys are douchebags of the highest fucking order, but "Pushed his Pregnant Girlfriend and Unborn Child Out of a Moving Car" (which is about as far as we can see, he was convicted of this, so the circumstances surrounding it are maybe a little vague) is the royal flush of douchebaggery. Someone please come up with a reason to do this that a judge might hear and think "Well, it's still illegal, but I can sort of understand." Going 'physically crazy' on someone isn't enough, you have to get to something like "She pulled out a gun and a knife, pointed the gun at my face and put the knife on my dick while I was driving, then cocked the hammer on the gun and said "Goodbye cruel world!", so I figured the best thing to do was push her out of the car. This STILL doesn't leave any room for answers to questions like "Ok, David, we get that, but how did the door get opened? Did she open it herself? As a pregnant woman, with a gun and a knife, did she take off her seatbelt, or did you? It's a miracle you survived!" When the story includes the line "I pushed a pregnant woman out of a moving car," guys, this is full stop evil. There's no sufficient explanation.

Nathan, on the other hand, is merely a kings over full house of douchebag. It's strong, it's almost impossible to beat, I mean I'd bet the note to my manufactured home on a remote tract of land on it, but if the only other hand turns out ot be David, I lose. It's a bad beat, no pun intended, but it's beat. Amazing, though, the moral relativism that these dickbags force us to evaluate. Who's worse, the guy with 3 DUI's who once said "You're lucky god blessed you with a vagina" as a veiled threat, who choked a couple of bitches, or the guy with 3 DUI's and has actually served time for real domestic violence?

Answer: YOU SUCK AT RELATIONSHIPS. 

• Love 24
On 2/8/2017 at 10:17 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

Finally caught up last night. UBT's face looks like when you look into a magnifying mirror. Is this an effect of the cameras, or is this his actual face?

Yes!!  It's always looked weird to me but I couldn't put my finger on it. Really chubby cheeks and pointy head and chin. That description is perfect. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Yes!!  It's always looked weird to me but I couldn't put my finger on it. Really chubby cheeks and pointy head and chin. That description is perfect. 

From the front, it looks like his jawline goes OUTSIDE his ear line, which makes him look like a triangular head. It's bizarre. I'm still trying to sort the look he was going for with the weird hair and glasses this week. It'[s like he was some bully dressing as what he thinks a "nerd" looked like in high school, then spent the day knocking lunches out of regular kids' hands, laughing like an asshole, and skipping classes, then missing the bus to alternative school. 

• Love 6

@SheTalksShit

It just doesn't make sense to me that a woman who claims she's afraid of a man would file a protective order against him a month after he's already moved on. If you're so afraid of him, you should be thrilled that he's no longer focused on you and forget about to protective order and just be done with him bc he's done with you, anyway. 

Believe me when I comment that plenty of victims of DV will file restraining orders way after the fact. At my work we see plenty of females who are in therapy due to DV.  We offer many other services for them.  UBT is technically NOT done with his ex because they share a child. That reason alone is enough for an abuser to continue their abusive behavior. One thing that is certain is, victims of DV sometimes file a restraining order at a time when they feel it is safe to do so, not always when an incident happens. Most DV victims will escape a relationship or seek assistance at a time when they feel they are in a safe place. They sometimes need to find a new place to live, get things in order, and then file that restraining order.  Abusers are known to go after their victim when a restraining order has been filed. Victims are in fear. They sometimes need to be prodded into filing such an order for their safety. Also, we don't know if UBT may have made some kind of threats to her from the time of the car incident until the time she filed the restraining order. An abuser being with another person, such as UBT being with Jenelle, doesn't negate the fact the abuser can be and still is a threat. We know Nathan went into Jenelle's home after they broke off and she was seeing Keiffer again. I have known of a handful of examples from my work of victims who thought their exes had moved on with another relationship, only to find out their ex was still stalking them or harassing them. One of the chief complaints was the abuser harassing their ex about taking away their child. Making threats over the phone, texting, are some of the examples. We watched this play out with Nathan and Jenelle where he threatened to take Kaiser from her.

DV and sex crimes are the two most under-reported crimes. Many victims of DV do not report abuse. Ask Kail's victims.  They don't always call the police when they have been abused. Why would they then be expected to file a restraining order immediately after an incident? These crimes are not like reporting a theft. There is fear and fear of repercussions.

Bottom line, for a judge to see all that was presented to him/her about this case, seems to me the claims being made were valid and a restraining order was needed. Judges don't issue out restraining orders on a whim. A restraining order that UBT ended up violating.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 23
On 2/8/2017 at 5:15 PM, heatherchandler said:

Remember that scene with Andrew when he found out he... WAS the FATHER!  He was like, so excited he was shaking!  What happened to that???

My 7 year old has a bunch of stuffed dogs, teenage mutant ninja turtles, a pokemon and a chewbacca.  He calls them all his "babies."  I thought he was a little goofy with them, setting them up in his bed, etc., I didn't know boys had a thing for stuffed animals, but I am glad to know it is a thing.  

He does get mad when I call them his "dolls."

Ok since it is confession time, I have eaten some gross/weird stuff - mostly when I was younger.  I liked mayo sandwiches (it makes me gag now...)

I'm still completely baffled by that soup scene! Now on twitter she's saying she cooked it. How? That label was still perfectly on that can, not like she boiled it in a pot of water on the stove. If the kids really like cold soup, then fine whatever. 

Now to confessions- HEATHERCHANDLER-I never did mayo sandwiches, but toast with mayo-yum. Also, potato chips and yellow mustard on white bread-delish 

• Love 5
On 2/8/2017 at 9:48 PM, Mkay said:

The black dress was much better than this hot mess: 

IMG_9750.PNG

Omg, I tried to post this picture too! She looks ridiculous. And I'm sorry, but I don't think she looks good in that black dress either. She doesn't look fat in that dress but no one wants to see your 2 kids saggy boobs. If that's after dr. Miami, yikes. 

On 2/8/2017 at 8:48 PM, Jennifersdc said:

That's my mother too! She really needs to stop that....luckily it's a 12-lb dog and she now has a one-story house...

On the serious side - except for Chelsea these girls are all pretty horrific. MTV should have never given them real money.

We just started watching a few months ago on suggestion from work friends who also enjoy trash reality TV. Only on Season 4 now through Hulu. Haven't told hubby I've skipped ahead On Demand for most recent. He still has hopes for Leah....Rupaul's Drag Race is much more uplifting....too bad we exhausted that...

Rupauls Drag Race is life. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Inga said:

I'm still completely baffled by that soup scene! Now on twitter she's saying she cooked it. How? That label was still perfectly on that can, not like she boiled it in a pot of water on the stove. If the kids really like cold soup, then fine whatever. 

Now to confessions- HEATHERCHANDLER-I never did mayo sandwiches, but toast with mayo-yum. Also, potato chips and yellow mustard on white bread-delish 

I am also baffled, and wondering how she doesn't understand that we know how metal cans work!  Unless she had a fire going in the back yard, and she put the soup cans on top of the fire (like I used to do at camp), there is no way to heat up soup when it is still in the can.  Did she heat it up and then put it back in the can?  And why would you do that?  The heating up didn't happen.

These food concoctions sound repulsive to me as an adult but when I was younger, they were DELICIOUS!

41 minutes ago, Inga said:

Omg, I tried to post this picture too! She looks ridiculous. And I'm sorry, but I don't think she looks good in that black dress either. She doesn't look fat in that dress but no one wants to see your 2 kids saggy boobs. If that's after dr. Miami, yikes. 

Also, why is she wearing my grandma's shoes?

• Love 3

As many have posted, we all have had weird food combinations, but I don't think it's been our steady diet.  I feel poor Ali doesn't stand a chance what with her parents ignoring the doctors warnings (and what are those sleeves over her knees - for support or to protect her when she falls?) to a poor diet with no nutritious value to build strong muscles. She could use all the help she can get in that regard. Dating myself here, but Popeye was strong to the finish cuz he ate his spinach! Or our mothers telling us to drink our milk for strong bones and teeth.

• Love 3