Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Last To Know

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, poopchute said:

this is the same trip we saw in this episode, right? How is it "all by myself" if her mother and this other woman went with her?

And she needs to tell that other one to stay the fuck off of that wheelchair. It is NOT a toy!

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Chelsea's brows didn't look like they were made of actual human hair though.  It looks like they are shaved and drawn on. Why would anyone choose to look like that?

Every chola in East L.A. has sported that shaved and penciled eyebrow look for ages. Just not as thick.

3 minutes ago, politichick said:

And she needs to tell that other one to stay the fuck off of that wheelchair. It is NOT a toy!

She is the one who likely broke it, but Leah put the blame on the airline so she could get it fixed for free.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

We eat dinner at 9pm in our house. We are equal opportunity ice cream eaters. In fact, sometimes it's our appetizer. 

I tried watching this episode twice. I just found it boring and couldn't stay with it!

Holy crap you eat dinner around my bedtime!  We eat dinner at 5/5:30, but our kids go to bed at 7:30 so the timing works.  I did a double take when Jo suggested 5:30 for ice cream but then I realized that my schedule isn't the only one followed by every parent in the world so whatevs.  Jo's a great dad so I'm not gonna slam him for that.

I don't think Chelsea has had any work done either.  She does some crazy contouring with makeup (all 5 tons of it) so she's hardly recognizable when she's got her full face on. You'd be shocked what you can do with make-up, lips included.  Plus, as others have pointed out, she's lost a fair amount of weight since her 16 and pregnant episode. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Holy crap you eat dinner around my bedtime!  We eat dinner at 5/5:30, but our kids go to bed at 7:30 so the timing works.  I did a double take when Jo suggested 5:30 for ice cream but then I realized that my schedule isn't the only one followed by every parent in the world so whatevs.  Jo's a great dad so I'm not gonna slam him for that.

We work from home and both children are homeschooled and suffer from sleep disorders. We don't follow normal schedules. 

I judge THESE people because they're on TV and I can. I don't normally go around judging other, "normal" people for what they do with their families, though. We're all different and do what works for us. 

• Love 4

Jo suggested 5:30 for ice cream but then I realized that my schedule isn't the only one followed by every parent in the world so whatevs.  Jo's a great dad so I'm not gonna slam him for that.

True. I was thinking it was likely the weekend and they had an early dinner.

So much to snark on this episode but the thing that got to me was Jace and his feelings. Jenelle sickens me with her psychological games. Asking Jace and telling him he will one day be in her home when he clearly doesn't want to be, makes my head spin. There was a time when Jace wanted to be with Jenelle. Not anymore. He knows what is best for him and it is not Jenelle. You can clearly see how he is walking on eggshells around her and he is so careful with his responses to Jenelle. All the scenes with Jenelle just ticked me off.

Isaac is so adorable as well as Aubree. Too cute!!

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

True. I was thinking it was likely the weekend and they had an early dinner.

So much to snark on this episode but the thing that got to me was Jace and his feelings. Jenelle sickens me with her psychological games. Asking Jace and telling him he will one day be in her home when he clearly doesn't want to be, makes my head spin. There was a time when Jace wanted to be with Jenelle. Not anymore. He knows what is best for him and it is not Jenelle. You can clearly see how he is walking on eggshells around her and he is so careful with his responses to Jenelle. All the scenes with Jenelle just ticked me off.

Isaac is so adorable as well as Aubree. Too cute!!

I love watching Chelsea's scenes because you can just FEEL the love she has for Aubree.   With all of these trashbags on the teen mom franchise, it's like a breath of fresh air.  She really did turn out to be a great mom. 

Jenelle is a piece of shit.  I hope all of her kids grow up to treat her just as horribly as she treats Babs.  That bitch deserves it.

• Love 16
Just now, lezlers said:

I love watching Chelsea's scenes because you can just FEEL the love she has for Aubree.   With all of these trashbags on the teen mom franchise, it's like a breath of fresh air.  She really did turn out to be a great mom. 

Jenelle is a piece of shit.  I hope all of her kids grow up to treat her just as horribly as she treats Babs.  That bitch deserves it.

I need the Chelsea and Jo scenes. It is a nice break from the fuck-ups on this show.

• Love 8

After finally catching up, the thing that stood out to me was that when Leah actually used the wheelchair was the most stupid time. I am not an expert but sand can not be good for an electric wheelchair and where did they leave it while doing yoga, was it just left up the boardwalk. While I am on a wheelchair rant how did they get the wheelchair to the beach, this is the car they drove and if it fitted in that car then they should be able to transport it back in the holler easily. It would have made more sense to carry Ali instead of Gracie at the beach and leave the wheelchair somewhere secure.

leahbe10.jpg

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

I've been noticing lately that Jace is getting a nervous tic.  He is frequently blinking his eyes, but not in a natural way, its more of a nervous tic.  This kid is always being put in the middle and it is really affecting him.

The tic could be a side-effect of medication, specifically ADHD medicine. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

I thought it was bad micro-blading.

I was thinking of getting the 3D micro-blading and changed my mind because I felt it looked very harsh and fake.  I think that's what Chelsea has and also possibly Janelle.  Did Kail get her lips done because a side view made her look like she had duck lips.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Juniebaby said:

I was thinking of getting the 3D micro-blading and changed my mind because I felt it looked very harsh and fake.  I think that's what Chelsea has and also possibly Janelle.  Did Kail get her lips done because a side view made her look like she had duck lips.

She did. I can't remember when though. Bueller? Bueller?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

She did. I can't remember when though. Bueller? Bueller?

Kail had her lips worked on right before the last reunion. She bitched about them on the behind the scenes special.

Her duck lips are ugly. 

• Love 3

Penny the dog running away from Kail was wonderful (Free Penny!). Isaac organizing his dolls (& giving his world a little order) was also awesome. The absence of Kail from her arc in this episode was refreshing.

I read so many posts about the soup, but it was still worse than I had pictured. They are straight-up being neglectful of Ali's needs, I can't go about it two ways. I feel, so much, for all three girls.

I need a shower on behalf of the producer who hugged Dave, and I wish Jace would have continued his thought, even though it was probably safest he didn't. 

I loved Aubree's math math math clarification. 

• Love 7

I don't think Chelsea has had any permanent work on her face, but her dad does do Botox on her frequently, that with all the contouring and weight loss I think explains most of the changes in her face... but I also wouldn't be shocked to find out she had gotten work done under the radar... and not on snap chat. 

The pool scene with the Leah still bothers me, she wasn't even dressed to jump in the pool if needed, I'm sure she'd jump in with her clothes off if needed, but why not just get in with them? I used to be a lifeguard, it can be nerve wracking to watch kids when that's all you're doing, let alone being distracted and not even near the pool. Anytime a kid was underwater more than a few seconds I would start counting to decide if I needed to jump in, I only ever had to once, luckily it was a 6 yr old who got a little choked up on water and went under, she was actually fine and popped back up on her own when I got to her, but if I had been distracted talking on the phone, or texting, or even just say dreaming, it could have been bad... it just takes seconds. Also, I would like to add, a life jacket is not a substitute for supervision... that didn't happen on this episode, but it wouldn't shock me if without cameras they are allowed to swim alone with life jackets.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I can see the nose and chin resulting from contouring, but her lips are totally different.  They used to be very thin.  

You're right, her nose and chin look unaltered, but she has absolutely gotten lip injections as well as botox. 

Dr. Randy Houska went to Chelsea's summer BBQ with a kit of botox and they snapchatted Randilicious giving Chelsea (and friend Chelsey) facial injections.

(It's common for dentists to get additional training to do botox, as they are so familiar with the facial muscles already.)

• Love 3

I think I had a different take on the Jace/baby scene.  When Jenelle went to talk to Jace he repeated "it's just not right" twice before finally just giving in and saying "yeah, a new baby is good".

I think there's more going on than what is assumed.  Do I think that Jace is confused, hurt, and betrayed by his mom having another baby?  Absolutely.  But what I REALLY think happened is Barbara had found out about the baby a day or two before from her coworkers and social media.  She likely was livid and upset, and knowing Barbara and how she doesn't make the best decisions when it comes to Jace's emotional stability in regards to his mother, likely already told Jace about the baby before Jenelle did, and likely complained to Jace about how "it just isn't right!"

I think Jace was repeating what he heard Barbara saying.  Likely he KNEW it wasn't right and had several valid reasons he could have hashed out with his mom, but the kid's 7 and it's easier to just give in.

Totally assumed here and maybe it didn't really go down this way, but I have an inkling I'm more right than not.  Either way, poor Jace is doomed in adulthood.

• Love 14

Jenelle was so awkward during that exchange with Jace.  You can see what a shit mother she is because she barely knows how to interact with her own kid.  It was so stilted and emotionless.  She just repeated "so are you happy" even though he was clearly not.  If you had never seen a minute of this show and watched that scene you would never know that was a mother speaking to her child.  She really couldn't read him or just didn't give a shit.  No attempt at comforting him, or explaining what might be confusing.  Just her stupid doofus face asking "so are you happy" over and over.

• Love 14

I just watched the Baby Shower After show. Boring.

Again, why is Kail all of a sudden wearing prescription glasses? Tryhard. Those ugly black shoes again. If clothes had feelings I'm sure they would try and hide from Kail while she shops because once she finds something she likes, she wears it to death.

Why ask Randy to work on your teeth? Nessa asks you if you had anything to ask about Chelsea and the new baby and you come with "Whiten my teeth or give me veneers!"? Trying to score a freebie from Randalicious because Chelsea's teeth are gorgeous.

(Side note: Does Chelsea wear veneers? Gawd her teeth ARE perfect)

And the awkward baby food testing. So annoying. Just taste the damn thing and quit overacting. Fun-killer that one - even Nessa was Like daaaaang, put the F'n spoon in your mouth.

I read that everyone was hating on her half-bun and I agree she looks stupid but out of curiosity I went to my bathroom and did one for the first time and I think I'm hooked. It looks cute. *Runs and hides from the Forum*

I'm in an Anti-Kail mood because she's just soooo, yeah. I even read the twitter war with her and Peach. 

Coffee break over, back to work. Peace.

P.S. Leah's teeth actually looked white and normal, and why am I obsessed with teeth right now? Bye.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 5

I just watched the Baby Shower After show. Boring.

Thank you for this Calm81. I was beginning to think I was the only who watched it (and honestly, it was automatically recorded, other wise NAH).

So Jailnail and Chelsea both gave birth recently? I don't Twitter, Instagram, or any of that stuff (I follow no one!!) so I had no idea. Does anyone who does have any pics or details?

Back to the actual show, like everyone else, I love me some Chelsea, but you never ASK a child if they're going to get up for school.  Direct quote from Chels, "Are you getting up, yes or no?" This is NOT a yes or no question!  Child, you're getting up, like it or not. Maybe I was strict because I had to get two girls up and get myself to work by 8 am, but my girls knew the rules.  You get up the first time I tell you to get up - this was not open for discussion or debate.  If I have to tell you twice?  You're going to bed 30 minutes earlier tonight, and so on.  They got up the first time they were told to - from first grade on.

Edited by Trace
Grammar Nazi kicked in
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, iheartla said:

You're right, her nose and chin look unaltered, but she has absolutely gotten lip injections as well as botox. 

Dr. Randy Houska went to Chelsea's summer BBQ with a kit of botox and they snapchatted Randilicious giving Chelsea (and friend Chelsey) facial injections.

(It's common for dentists to get additional training to do botox, as they are so familiar with the facial muscles already.)

Why the hell would they want/need botox?  They're in their early twenties!  I lost a lot of respect (not that I had a whole lot to begin with) for Randy reading that.

• Love 5

Jenelle was so awkward during that exchange with Jace.  You can see what a shit mother she is because she barely knows how to interact with her own kid.  It was so stilted and emotionless.  She just repeated "so are you happy" even though he was clearly not.  If you had never seen a minute of this show and watched that scene you would never know that was a mother speaking to her child.  She really couldn't read him or just didn't give a shit.  No attempt at comforting him, or explaining what might be confusing.  Just her stupid doofus face asking "so are you happy" over and over.

Oh, c'mon! You didn't see her go-to move of giving him a little side tickle so he laughs, and then she laughs, and it's just THE. BEST. MOTHER. SON. MOMENT. OF. ALL. TIME???? 

Finally caught up last night. UBT's face looks like when you look into a magnifying mirror. Is this an effect of the cameras, or is this his actual face?

Jo made me all teary. Just goes to show how sad most of these folks are that someone responding in an adult manner to a situation makes me cry prideful tears of joy. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, SlothLoveChunk said:

I think I had a different take on the Jace/baby scene.  When Jenelle went to talk to Jace he repeated "it's just not right" twice before finally just giving in and saying "yeah, a new baby is good".

I think there's more going on than what is assumed.  Do I think that Jace is confused, hurt, and betrayed by his mom having another baby?  Absolutely.  But what I REALLY think happened is Barbara had found out about the baby a day or two before from her coworkers and social media.  She likely was livid and upset, and knowing Barbara and how she doesn't make the best decisions when it comes to Jace's emotional stability in regards to his mother, likely already told Jace about the baby before Jenelle did, and likely complained to Jace about how "it just isn't right!"

I think Jace was repeating what he heard Barbara saying.  Likely he KNEW it wasn't right and had several valid reasons he could have hashed out with his mom, but the kid's 7 and it's easier to just give in.

Totally assumed here and maybe it didn't really go down this way, but I have an inkling I'm more right than not.  Either way, poor Jace is doomed in adulthood.

This was my take on it also!

This has been going on for a while with Jenelle lying to Barb about being pregnant.  Most likely Jace has over-heard Barb and the producers discussing it.  She probably discussed it with other people as well but we know she had to be discussing it w production.  So yes, he was repeating what he has heard the adults saying about it.  

He is correct though,  It just isn't right.

Here is another unique take I have on Jenelle, Barb and Jace.  They would not have a story line/plot without Jenelle constantly harping on getting Jace back.  They make a nice income playing along for the cameras and doing TM2.  Jenelle doesn't want Jace back obviously and Barb doesn't want to give him back.  BUT they all know how to play along to keep this easy money flowing.

• Love 5

I totally forgot the main reason I wanted to comment on the after show.  When they interviewed Barb, she said the new baby looks just like Jace.  Then she made a comment that had me scratching my head.  She said ALL her grandchildren take after Barb's side of the family (looks wise) because they have such strong genes.  Has she forgotten about Kaiser?  He is the miniature twin of Nathan - Looks NOTHING like anyone in Barb's family.  Maybe she's never had a chance to bond with Kaiser (but he is still her grandchild).

• Love 3

Eh, I'm sure she's had "he's my son, not yours!" screamed in her face at least 1,000,023 times by now.  She probably did forget about him, in that moment.  Hell, Janelle has probably forgotten about him too since she's had her favorite.  Kaiser is probably with Nathan's mom, and has been, since before Christmas.  

• Love 9

I would love to sit down with Barb, have some food and a beer and beg her to cut Jenelle out of Jace's life. Every scene with him and the beast that birthed him just breaks my heart. He's so afraid of her, he can't look her in the eye and he can't say what he really feels. He starts to, then the beast continues her interrogation and he just gives in to avoid being made to feel guilty for not wanting to be with her. When Barb is with him (like in the restaurant when they're told about the new kid), he's a different little boy. He makes eye contact with Barb and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. Take Barb away and he closes up like a clam.

Barb has been smart with the MTV money and has kept working at Walmart all these years. She doesn't buy a new car every year, still lives in the same house, doesn't bankroll multiple vacations with a troop of hangers on every year and probably has a nice nest egg put away. Please, Babs, if you read here, get the ball rolling to terminate Jenelle's parental rights. You and Jace can go on with your lives and you'll be happier and healthier once the beast isn't part of it.

"So, ya gettin ya tubes tied?" has replaced "Ya high, ya both high!" as my favorite Barbism.

• Love 19

So Jailnail and Chelsea both gave birth recently? I don't Twitter, Instagram, or any of that stuff (I follow no one!!) so I had no idea. Does anyone who does have any pics or details?

@Trace go to the girls' individual threads. There are photos that some of our members have posted there.

17 minutes ago, Trace said:

I totally forgot the main reason I wanted to comment on the after show.  When they interviewed Barb, she said the new baby looks just like Jace.  Then she made a comment that had me scratching my head.  She said ALL her grandchildren take after Barb's side of the family (looks wise) because they have such strong genes.  Has she forgotten about Kaiser?  He is the miniature twin of Nathan - Looks NOTHING like anyone in Barb's family.  Maybe she's never had a chance to bond with Kaiser (but he is still her grandchild).

I am sure Barb is just not wanting to see Kaiser as Nipples. I know when I see him I totally see Nipples' face and I wish that wasn't the case. Barb likely sees certain features of Kaiser that make her see her family. She may be trying to forget Nipples even existed. I don't believe it is anything beyond that.  As for her not having bonded with Kaiser, I put the blame on Jenelle and Nipples for not allowing her to be a part of their lives except when they needed a babysitter.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Trace said:

Direct quote from Chels, "Are you getting up, yes or no?" This is NOT a yes or no question!  Child, you're getting up, like it or not.

I think she meant it like 'are you getting up yourself or am I'm going to make you'  Either way, she was getting up.  We've seen Chelsea put her foot down before to get Aubree in line. Leah is the one that gives choices where there shouldn't be any.  Jenelle too.

• Love 8

True but I also remember Aubree locking Chelsea out of Aubree's room.  What did Chelsea do?  Make a frantic call to her dad! I could laugh because it wasn't me.  I would have taken that door down and left her doorless.

• Love 2

Jenelle has launched screaming attacks at Barb for simply asking "How's the baby?" about Kaiser. I doubt Barb has ever babysat him and Jenelle has done everything in her power to make sure Barb has no relationship with him. It's easy for me to understand why he didn't register when she was talking about the grandkids looking like her side of the family. The only time she gets to interact with him is when Jenelle commands her to show up somewhere  and then she's not allowed to comment on anything regarding him or face another one of Jenelle's verbal assaults.

• Love 13

I agree with all yall.  That's pretty much what I was (trying) to say.  She does not identify as Kaiser's grandma because of her daughter, and her daughter's various men-of-the-weeks.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, iheartla said:

Why on earth would anyone so young want Botox? I'm in my late 40's and have yet to consider it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why on earth would anyone so young want Botox? I'm in my late 40's and have yet to consider it.

The same reason anyone so young would choose to get plastic surgery to achieve a fake fat ass, breast implants, lip injections - they are stupid.

• Love 6

Leah's "the kidses' passportses didn't come in time" had me howling.  Most likely I'm being generous typing kidses as possessive.  lol

This show is so fake.  I guess they couldn't show great wolf lodge footage bc GWL declined.  The yoga on the beach was all that could be filmed.

I was gagging when Leah was pouring the room temp (at best) Chunky soup out of the can.  I'm not a picky eater, but even when it is warmed up I have to choke down Chunky soup.

Edited by AirQuotes
added a line and corrected an error
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, Trace said:

I agree with all yall.  That's pretty much what I was (trying) to say.  She does not identify as Kaiser's grandma because of her daughter, and her daughter's various men-of-the-weeks.

I also think Barb has intentionally tried not to develop a strong attachment to Kaiser. Her heart knows any emotional attachment will be at the whim of Jenelle's vicious temper.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

Leah's "the kidses' passportses didn't come in time" had me howling.  Most likely I'm being generous typing kidses as possessive.  lol

This show is so fake.  I guess they couldn't show great wolf lodge footage bc GWL declined.  The yoga on the beach was all that could be filmed.

I was gagging when Leah was pouring the room temp (at best) Chunky soup out of the can.  I'm not a picky eater, but even when it is warmed up I have to choke down Chunky soup.

Judge me if you will: there is only one instance in which canned soup is an acceptable meal solution, sloughed directly from the can into a bowl. That situation is zombie apocalypse. Even then, I picture myself looting a grocery store and seeing a whole shelf of Campbells Soup, and thinking "Eh, I'm going to look around a little more. I'll come back."

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Judge me if you will: there is only one instance in which canned soup is an acceptable meal solution, sloughed directly from the can into a bowl. That situation is zombie apocalypse. Even then, I picture myself looting a grocery store and seeing a whole shelf of Campbells Soup, and thinking "Eh, I'm going to look around a little more. I'll come back."

LOL now I love soup, but I'm more of a Progresso gal myself. I'd be killing Zombies left and right to get to that aisle. I just saw the infamous soup scene and my husband pointed out that she might have heated the cans in the microwave instead of pouring cold soup in the girlses bowls. I didn't even know you could do that, I don't even like my soup warm in a bowl in the microwave. I wonder why Leah couldn't pour 2 cans of soup in a pot and prepare it the right way. Maybe with some fruit or crackers on the side.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

LOL now I love soup, but I'm more of a Progresso gal myself. I'd be killing Zombies left and right to get to that aisle. I just saw the infamous soup scene and my husband pointed out that she might have heated the cans in the microwave instead of pouring cold soup in the girlses bowls. I didn't even know you could do that, I don't even like my soup warm in a bowl in the microwave. I wonder why Leah couldn't pour 2 cans of soup in a pot and prepare it the right way. Maybe with some fruit or crackers on the side.

Please take this advice: keep your husband away from the microwave. :) You absolutely cannot put metal cans into a microwave. Also I love soup, but it's just too easy to make to go canned. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Please take this advice: keep your husband away from the microwave. :) You absolutely cannot put metal cans into a microwave. 

LOL no worries that was back in his bachelor days when he didn't own anything but a microwave. He also used to eat condensed soup raw out of the can if he was desperate. He's grown up since his younger single days ;)

• Love 2

Ugh is it really that hard to stick a bowl in the microwave for like a minute? I've been through a few hurricanes, the last one was when Ike hit Houston a while back and we didn't have power for about a week... and not once did I consider soup because I couldn't warm it.

• Love 3

My son was in the house when that scene was on. He did some stupid shit while active in his addiction and was in prison for a few months. He said 'I can't believe that shit, mom! Even the lowliest assholes in prison heat up their commissary soup before they eat it!' He said Leah was a skanky, bad mom-LOL!

• Love 10

Confession time:  when I was a kid, I used to LOVE eating cold spaghetti-os.  If I had the choice of having them heated I preferred not to.   Occasionally, I ate them straight out of the can.

• Love 7