Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Last To Know

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, GreatKazu said:

But you get ranch dip with veggie trays. You don't get that with a package of baby carrots.lol It is an instant meal. Leah does not have to bother pouring ranch in a small bowl, and later put that bowl in the dishwasher. Celery sticks are ready to eat on a veggie tray. Leah is not going to buy celery, wash them and then cut them. 

I really hate to stick up for Leah, but it seems like she can't win.  People harp on her for not giving her kids anything healthy to eat then when she does, we harp on her for they way she does it.   It kind of invalidates any real criticism.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Guilty as charged.  In my defense, you can find them in our store for 5 bucks and it includes ranch dressing.  My kids could survive for years on veggies and ranch dressing alone and chopping up a bunch of veggies is a pain in the ass.  Worth every penny.

Huh?  No you don't.  They're party trays.  The veggies are fully prepped.   Another reason my lazy ass loves them.

She was being facetious about washing the veggies in the tray.

Five bucks is a good price. They are a bit more here. 

Cool that you give your kids the tray of veggies. We buy them for our barbecues. 

As for Leah, she never gave her kids fruits and veggies until she was slammed on Twitter after a couple of episodes where her kids were shown drinking soda and eating junk. Leah tends to read the comments and then she will suddenly post a photo on Instagram in response to the "haterz". When she was criticized for having a dirty house, she suddenly posted a comment about cleaning her house. When she was slammed for not feeding her kids a decent breakfast, Leah posted a photo of Addie eating pancakes, sausage and fruit. When she was slammed for the ravioli scene, she later posted a photo of some stew she supposedly made. 

Leah has done things on camera in order to show the haterz she is a good mother. The veggie tray was purposely thrown on camera because of the previous season where the girls ate the frosting. 

You and the rest of us buy veggie trays for valid reasons, not because we are trying to  show we feed our family healthy foods. 

• Love 5

Oh I know.  I think it's good though.  If getting slammed for those things leads her to actually give her girlses some healthy foods, then that's great.  If we start slamming the WAY she gives them healthy foods though (omg, I can't believe she didn't grow those carrots herself in her garden, then wash and cut them herself!  She's SO LAZY!!!) then she's likely to just say fuck it and do whatever she wants because the "haterz" are never going to be happy anyway.  That was my only point.

• Love 9

I honestly think Leah is often surprised when she gets backlash.  That is why I chose to post that given how she was raised....this is all pretty normal for her.  She is feeding the kids what she was fed.  When she made that big ol' breakfast is a great example....I think she expected to get a bunch of high fives and instead got crap for feeding the kids....well, crap.  

I don't think if she watched the episode before it aired she'd think anyone would think anything bad AT ALL about SoupGate and her shocked in tweets confirmed that for me.  She gets feedback that her crappy learned mama ways are crappy and so she over corrects to tell the world that she's the BEST MOM EVER!  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

If we start slamming the WAY she gives them healthy foods though (omg, I can't believe she didn't grow those carrots herself in her garden, then wash and cut them herself!  She's SO LAZY!!!) then she's likely to just say fuck it and do whatever she wants because the "haterz" are never going to be happy anyway.  That was my only point.

But see, I don't believe Leah is reading our comments here. Our comments are for our snarking pleasure. 

Leah reads the comments on her social media pages. That is her problem. She goes by what people THERE comment to her. It just so happens that many people there post the very same things we tend to comment on and they have the same snarky point of views.

Leah, like most of the other girls, either thrive on what is posted to them or they sink into a funk about the negativity they receive. Leah made it clear on various occasions that she takes things to heart on what people think about her. She said so on the first episode of this new season. It doesn't help that Leah does seek confirmation from her "fans" every single day. She wants affirmation. She seeks attention and wants to be reassured that she looks great whenever she posts a selfie and fishes for compliments. The same things she asked of Cory and Germy and every guy she has been with, she is trying to fulfill some void within herself.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

If someone quits feeding their kids fresh, healthy foods simply because of internet opinions - well, they weren't going to stick with it anyhow. 

You know it. 

Leah is who she is and if being lazy and sloth-like is the lifestyle she chooses, then being on camera is going to garner her some harsh criticisms.

• Love 3

I guess what I find funny is how easy it would be for Leah to diffuse all the food criticism.  She could just make sure that during the week that MTV films, there are fruit and vege trays everywhere and she buys a couple of jars of sauce to whip up with pasta and throws together enough stew for two nights.  Done.  MTV can only film what they have and if she made a conscious effort to not have junk food everywhere during that week, we wouldn't have snark material.  

It isn't like MTV are actually following them around all the time, Leah could still feed them frosting, Cheetos and canned ravioli to her heart's content during the rest of the month.  She would just need to sit down and plan what "healthy" foods she is going to be slopping up during that particular week. Given that the twinses are at Corey and Miranda's for half the week and she barely seems to be going to school, there really isn't a reason that even just for that week she throws some veges in a pot with stock and makes soup.  

Honestly, if Leah takes all this to heart so much, she needs to learn to play the game a bit better.  Have a cleaner come, only have healthy foods in MTV time, don't post food pics on Snapchat/Instagram.  She'd still be a shitty mother but at least she wouldn't be giving the haterz so much ammunition. 

• Love 7

Honestly, if Leah takes all this to heart so much, she needs to learn to play the game a bit better.  Have a cleaner come, only have healthy foods in MTV time, don't post food pics on Snapchat/Instagram.  She'd still be a shitty mother but at least she wouldn't be giving the haterz so much ammunition. 

THIS.  If Leah doesn't get the game by now, well that just shows how stupid the girl is. It is everyone else who is at fault. Leah is the perpetual victim. It doesn't help that she is also a pill popper. Feeding her kids healthy meals once in a while is too much to ask.

I love those veggie and fruit trays. I also love the pepperoni and cheese trays. I have bought them for no special reason other than they were on sale and I wanted to snack on them or we were having a party, get-together or birthday celebration. I honestly don't care if Leah bought them for the girls to eat, however, we know that is not the norm. Leah does things on the heels of some criticism or backlash that comes after an episode aired or she shared something on Instagram.

• Love 3
On 2/20/2017 at 8:13 AM, lezlers said:

I really hate to stick up for Leah, but it seems like she can't win.  People harp on her for not giving her kids anything healthy to eat then when she does, we harp on her for they way she does it.   It kind of invalidates any real criticism.

I agree. It's likely a cultural thing, I know plenty people who eat like this. I'd venture to say much of America eats like this. 

Still sad to watch but I don't think it's actually very rare. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree. It's likely a cultural thing, I know plenty people who eat like this. I'd venture to say much of America eats like this. 

Except Leah doesn't say it is a cultural thing or that is how she and her family are accustomed to eating. Not that she has to, but when people on her social media page bring it up, rather than explain her lack of cooking skills or it is how her family is accustomed to eating, she will lie, deny, or try and show she is feeding her kids decent meals by posting photos. And really, there is no reason at all for her to not have any food in the house, as we saw in that one episode when Leah is a SAHM and she pulls in so much money.

When people have asked her about the girlses drinking soda, Leah denied it and says she never gives them soda, but we have watched many scenes where they do drink it.

Word!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, Lm2162 said:

Late to the conversation, but I have 2 cents to add. Now, I make fun of the South and Southern folk as much as anyone because I'm from that area and I have experience, and let me say, they way Leah feeds her kids is not cultural at all. Biscuits and gravy,  greasy fried chicken, barbeque, casseroles,  grits and butter in everything is cultural cuisine to the South. Cheetos on the ground, cake frosting, and whatever other crap is not normal in the South anymore then it is anywhere else. Even they most humble country person would turn their nose up to the Messer's way of eating and they would be labeled straight up trailer trash, which they are. So I'm not giving Leah a pass on cultural differences. 

• Love 14

Cheetos on the ground, cake frosting, and whatever other crap is not normal in the South anymore then it is anywhere else. Even they most humble country person would turn their nose up to the Messer's way of eating and they would be labeled straight up trailer trash, which they are. So I'm not giving Leah a pass on cultural differences. 

Word! Canned ravioli, frozen pancakes one pops into the microwave are everywhere. It is not a southern thing.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Late to the conversation, but I have 2 cents to add. Now, I make fun of the South and Southern folk as much as anyone because I'm from that area and I have experience, and let me say, they way Leah feeds her kids is not cultural at all. Biscuits and gravy,  greasy fried chicken, barbeque, casseroles,  grits and butter in everything is cultural cuisine to the South. Cheetos on the ground, cake frosting, and whatever other crap is not normal in the South anymore then it is anywhere else. Even they most humble country person would turn their nose up to the Messer's way of eating and they would be labeled straight up trailer trash, which they are. So I'm not giving Leah a pass on cultural differences. 

I don't mean Southern, I didn't say southern, I mean white trash. Some of my family is typical white trash American (half from the north, half deep south) and they definitely eat like Leah. Doritos, fast food, etc. And yes, I actually HAVE seen a child eat straight from the frosting can for breakfast and lunch, and then go get snow cones and have McDonald's for dinner. That's their day of nutrition. (I stay away from these folks now...) They're fat though. Leah's culture *is* white trash. 

It's not a "pass," I just think unfortunately it's not that rare and that's why our country has such high obesity rates and poor health outcomes. She might be a bit extreme but I've actually seen worse. It's awful but I'm never that shocked by it. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't mean Southern, I didn't say southern, I mean white trash. Some of my family is typical white trash American (half from the north, half deep south) and they definitely eat like Leah. Doritos, fast food, etc. And yes, I actually HAVE seen a child eat straight from the frosting can for breakfast and lunch, and then go get snow cones and have McDonald's for dinner. That's their day of nutrition. (I stay away from these folks now...) They're fat though. Leah's culture *is* white trash. 

It's not a "pass," I just think unfortunately it's not that rare and that's why our country has such high obesity rates and poor health outcomes. She might be a bit extreme but I've actually seen worse. It's awful but I'm never that shocked by it. 

I personally am not comfortable using the phrase "white trash", but I definitely believe there are trends in the USA where it's acceptable to feed your children "food products" constantly.

I would agree it's not "southern cooking", while a lot of traditional southern cooking can be calorie/fat dense (it was consumed when most people had much more active lifestyles, and used fat for flavor), it is REAL FOOD. Butter, fried chicken, flour, pork, greens, sweet potatoes, homemade baked goods etc. Not to be eaten every day if you're an office worker but it's FOOD. 

What really upset me was that time Gracie said Corey and Miranda gave them breakfast before school and Leah said "I'm not Corey and Miranda." Even IF Leah was a haggard single mom working 3 jobs and didn't have time to get to the store that's not the appropriate response to your child wanting breakfast in the morning. "I'm sorry sweetie, I didn't have a chance to get to the store, you can eat at school today but I'll pick something up when I can." Don't yell at the child for wanting BREAKFAST. 

• Love 14

Leah constantly yells at the girlses for things that are HER fault. SHE allows Ali to run around on a slip and slide without a helmet, then yells at the kid for falling a bunch. SHE is talking on the phone with Germy and paying zero attention to the pool, then yells at Addie for jumping in without an adult. She knows she's a shit mother, but has no desire to try and better herself. So she yells at the girls to try and deflect. It's gross. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Leah constantly yells at the girlses for things that are HER fault. SHE allows Ali to run around on a slip and slide without a helmet, then yells at the kid for falling a bunch. SHE is talking on the phone with Germy and paying zero attention to the pool, then yells at Addie for jumping in without an adult. She knows she's a shit mother, but has no desire to try and better herself. So she yells at the girls to try and deflect. It's gross. 

Yes. Her pool is a disaster waiting to happen.  Let's have one child in the pool responsible for her disabled sister and hyperactive toddler sister. Great idea. 

Is Leah dating a producer now too?

7 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

You'd be comfortable saying white trash if you met that side of my family-- lol!! Well, maybe trailer trash. I've heard a critique of white trash saying that it subtly implies most whites aren't trash and most POC are. I can see the value in that. 

As a black woman I'm just not comfortable with the phrase. I would never want to use someone's ethnicity in a term that puts them down, makes them less than or is "othering". 

5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Yes. Her pool is a disaster waiting to happen.  Let's have one child in the pool responsible for her disabled sister and hyperactive toddler sister. Great idea. 

Is Leah dating a producer now too?

Leah looks OLD! And awful! Sickly. I worry for her health. Nothing wrong with her going on a date but she needs to get herself together. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

As a black woman I'm just not comfortable with the phrase. I would never want to use someone's ethnicity in a term that puts them down, makes them less than or "othering". 

I understand. From what I understand about it it was somehow supposed to elevate whites above POC, not insult them. Which might be even worse. 

We could always make "Messer" into an adjective somehow. That would be an apt description.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

As a black woman I'm just not comfortable with the phrase. I would never want to use someone's ethnicity in a term that puts them down, makes them less than or is "othering". 

Agreed. If they're trash, just call them trash. I don't see why color needs to be brought into it.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I understand. From what I understand about it it was somehow supposed to elevate whites above POC, not insult them. Which might be even worse. 

We could always make "Messer" into an adjective somehow. That would be an apt description.

How appropriate that her name begins with "Mess".  

It's that Messer lifestyle y'all!

• Love 9

If you feed your kids Cheetos off the floor and put Mountain Dew in their bottles....you just might be a messer. 

If spats with your SO frequently entail being slapped in the face with raw bacon, you just might be a messer. 

If you get caught cheating because of a deer cam, you just might be a messer. 

If your children get knocked out from the avalanche of crap falling on them in the car, you just might be a messer. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I have pointed out more times than I can count how her last name is so appropriate considering how her life is one big mess.

Don't messer! Say it fast and it sounds like one is saying "Don't mess with her." So appropriate.

• Love 2

I didn't grow up cooking. In my early married days I used to make the heck out of some Hamburger Helper. It was cheap, quick, and all we needed was some ground beef. After a while I began to branch out and expand my repertoire. Today as my husband were grocery shopping, he looked with nostalgia at a box of HH, "Awww...remember that?" We haven't had a box of HH in our house in decades--literally, but I wouldn't mind a helping of HH Beef Stroganoff right now! Leah would get so much shit though if she fed the girlses some HH. I guess someone should tell Leah if she just made some kind of meat, a bag of steamed veggies that she could even micro, and a glass of milk, she would get less shit. 

Leah eats canned foods straight from the can and unheated just like a Duggar. Is that some kind of country thing? The thought of eating unheated soup is repulsive. It gets that fat gelatinous film that rises to the top of the can. Yuck. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, zenme said:

I didn't grow up cooking. In my early married days I used to make the heck out of some Hamburger Helper. It was cheap, quick, and all we needed was some ground beef. After a while I began to branch out and expand my repertoire. Today as my husband were grocery shopping, he looked with nostalgia at a box of HH, "Awww...remember that?" We haven't had a box of HH in our house in decades--literally, but I wouldn't mind a helping of HH Beef Stroganoff right now! Leah would get so much shit though if she fed the girlses some HH. I guess someone should tell Leah if she just made some kind of meat, a bag of steamed veggies that she could even micro, and a glass of milk, she would get less shit. 

Leah eats canned foods straight from the can and unheated just like a Duggar. Is that some kind of country thing? The thought of eating unheated soup is repulsive. It gets that fat gelatinous film that rises to the top of the can. Yuck. 

It's not a country thing. People from cities do it too. It's a lazy thing.  You don't care enough about your children to spend the 4 minutes to heat up the canned good. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, zenme said:

THAT's lazy, but I'm not surprised. Leah is lazy in all respects--not just cooking.

Except dick-hopping. Unless she just lies there and lets the guy do all the work.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

Except dick-hopping. Unless she just lies there and lets the guy do all the work.

I'm sure the other four straight adult males watching this show and spending most of their workday with this site on in the background of regular tasks would admit, we've all played the "what's it like to fuck these girls" game. I can't imagine Leah being a really pleasant lay, she looks all taut skinned, dry, frizz hair, there's just no way it can be somehow 'remarkable.' Ever since someone called her Gollum arms, that's all I can imagine, cold scaly skin. This line of discussion between a buddy of mine (he and his wife are also avid watchers) about the various implements Farah hawks, that's probably one for the small talk thread. We covered topics like "what if you caught {husband} fucking this plastic pussy because he thought you were gone?" and other hilarious scenarios. God, I laughed so much I almost passed out. Thank you again, weed :). 

• Love 4