Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Immaculate Misconception

• Start Topic

I was just coming to do a quick welfare check to make sure no one died laughing over the "dance career" line. 

Obviously the radio crew are in on the "pregnancy" storyline, hence their just happening to ask her if she was.

Her hair is even more awful this week,.and im not surprised she said she hadn't showered. Ugh. 

• Love 18

Doesn't everyone hang out in their sports bras and legging shorts when they are looking for your male roommate? Then she found a random towel?

The poor radio DJs. 1. Her bra is too small and she had under boob escaping. 2. Why is it necessary to strip to show off your tat. Turn the other way and lift your shirt or slide it off your shoulder. 3. I feel like TLC set up the "Whitney works for the radio again" and she's only going to think she is due to be hired any second. Don't admit that you didn't bathe!

She sure is acting like it's weeks before she goes to see the doctor to confirm that test. Did I hear Boo-bear correctly? Only the first one was "clear". The others were maybes? Also, it was overnight before he saw them. Don't they have to be read within a certain time to be accurate? The whole "I'm 3 days pregnant" and the belly rubbing is a little lot excessive.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Anyone else think Buddy seems drunk?

When he was talking to her, I was thinking "Have another toke, Buddy."

28 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

Oh, and "I don't know how this pregnancy will affect my dance career...."

I just paused the DVR and rushed over here to post the same thing.  I laughed and laughed and laughed when she said that.  Seriously, for how many episodes will she carry on the charade of the "pregnancy".  According to my Tivo programming guide, there is more pregnancy drama on next week's episode as well.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, flappa1016 said:

I laughed and laughed and laughed when she said that.  Seriously, for how many episodes will she carry on the charade of the "pregnancy".  

Or the charade of the "dance career."

• Love 16

How the eff would a pregnancy affect her dance "career?" She'd have to take a few weeks off from her glorified Zumba instruction to pop the kid out...or more realistically, get a higher-risk C-section because of her profound abdominal fat. I can see her now, "my body will never be the same after this!" Sure, Whit. You'll have that tiny loose skin flap on your FUPA like the rest of us. *cough* It's not like you're a ballerina, FFS. 

• Love 8

This chick is truly delusional.  "Lennie is thinking he's gonna get laid" ???Who said that?? What makes her think the man wants to screw her? He looks like he cant get out of her house fast enough.

Because you say something, it doesn't make it true Whit Whit. Roy doesn't have the hot pants for you and Lennie was thinking your come thru phone call was a booty call.

Why is Whitney even having this conversation with anyone before she goes to a doctor? This is such a bullshit storyline. Please make this stop.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 16

There was a bonus scene during tattoo girls... where Buddy's girlfriend wants to go into a children's store and Whitney acts like she is going to get hepatitis or something by going in.  You know how when kids are in elementary school and make a big show of girls/boys being "gross" when they really like them? It was like that.  She's like "these little clothes just freak me out" basically everyone look at me I'm single and independent I don't even know if I like children. Why do I watch this train wreck k it makes me so angry.

• Love 8

OK, my little pumpkin will be 40 in a couple of months, so it's been awhile since I've dealt with this stuff, but is it normal for it to take a week to see the doc? Don't they want to put you on pre-natal vitamins and test for gestational diabetes or whatever? I realize that being pregnant is a normally a healthy part of healthy young women, but wouldn't a doc want to see someone like Whit right away? That's if she really were pregnant. Wink wink nudge nudge.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, leighroda said:

There was a bonus scene during tattoo girls... where Buddy's girlfriend wants to go into a children's store and Whitney acts like she is going to get hepatitis or something by going in.  You know how when kids are in elementary school and make a big show of girls/boys being "gross" when they really like them? It was like that.  She's like "these little clothes just freak me out" basically everyone look at me I'm single and independent I don't even know if I like children. Why do I watch this train wreck k it makes me so angry.

Ugh, that is so irritating. I'm childfree but damn if I don't love baby clothing (little suits! and the shoooes. :) ).

Also irritating: how Whit demanded her mom say bisexual. I'd say if she knows the shorthand; she's pretty well-informed on LGBT matters.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

OK, my little pumpkin will be 40 in a couple of months, so it's been awhile since I've dealt with this stuff, but is it normal for it to take a week to see the doc? Don't they want to put you on pre-natal vitamins and test for gestational diabetes or whatever? I realize that being pregnant is a normally a healthy part of healthy young women, but wouldn't a doc want to see someone like Whit right away? That's if she really were pregnant. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Generally, I could see mayyyybe a week for a normal pregnancy, I think in general they try to get you in asap because whether or not you are pregnant is kinda a big deal, however, Whitney would be high risk right off the bat, between pcos/weight/and prediabetes... so I don't believe they would be so relaxed about getting a definitive answer... I'm not a ob expert though, so I could be wrong.

• Love 2

This is no joke, I actually had to rewind the beginning of the episode because I thought "What is that sound?" OMG That's actually Buddy breathing wow. It's actually getting harder to look at him and what's become of him and it's really sad.

Also, this pregnancy storyline seems like it won't even end by next week and Whitney continually saying she's pregnant is beyond annoying. I don't even believe Lennie was a real boyfriend and that whole scene with him felt like some bad amateur acting class lol.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, aliya said:

Nowadays, a lot of practices confirm pregnancy with an internal ultrasound (yes, in your hoohaa). They can detect a heartbeat as soon as 6 weeks along. They usually ask for the date of your last period and go from there. If she's doesn't get her cycle regularly they'll have to guesstimate.

A prescription isn't necessary for prenatal vitamins. She can buy them in any Walmart, Walgreens, cvs or grocery store.

Gestational diabetes is typically tested for between weeks 24 and 28 of pregnancy.

Since Twit already has (pre)diabetes it may be different.

6 minutes ago, Just B said:

This is no joke, I actually had to rewind the beginning of the episode because I thought "What is that sound?" OMG That's actually Buddy breathing wow. It's actually getting harder to look at him and what's become of him and it's really sad.

Also, this pregnancy storyline seems like it won't even end by next week and Whitney continually saying she's pregnant is beyond annoying. I don't even believe Lennie was a real boyfriend and that whole scene with him felt like some bad amateur acting class lol.

I hope the faux pregnancy storyline won't continue throughout the entire season.

• Love 3

That poor kitty. Just him go live with Grandma, please. 

On 1/26/2017 at 10:46 PM, OnceSane said:

Whitney settles into the reality of being pregnant at 370 pounds and must find the courage to break the news to the father; Lennie asks for proof that the pregnancy is legitimate.

• Love 1

Buddy really shouldn't love his body right now because he can't hardly breath or even speak clearly. I hate it when Whitney forces her views on everybody else. He doesn't feel good and he doesn't have to love his body right now.

It seems like Whitney would have lost weight by now if she's working out as much as the previews let on. Does she look like she has gained? I can't tell. 

Babs said LGBTQ, then says bi and Whitney says, "Bi what?" Wasn't it obvious when she mentioned LGBT? And why is Whitney clutching her pearls? She's the one that talks about sex all the time in front of her parents. She's the one that was getting her tits massaged by her friend. I think her mother asked a reasonable question that didn't need to be met with such disgust. Then she shames Babs for admitting that she was bicurious in the past. Wow. For someone who is supposedly so accepting of others, she sure is judgmental. 

I skipped the part where Boo Bear goes to yoga. Boring boring boring. They really are reaching for that filler. Made up storylines and Buddy doing yoga. It's not fun to watch other people do yoga. I almost killed myself and I only watched 5 seconds. And then they're at the bar talking about it! Jesus! It's not at all interesting! 

I wasn't under the impression that Lennie wanted to get laid. I'm pretty sure he thought there was something wrong with her. The first thing he asked on the phone was, "is there something wrong?" Then when he got there he gave her a hug and asked if she was ok. She was acting like there was terrible news. Definitely not a woman looking for a booty call. The fact that he thinks she's fucking with him and wants to see the tests says something about her character. She should not have said anything about it until after the doctor. Lennie was really sweet about it and it's almost mean to tell him before the doctor confirms because he may have been excited. Men want children too. Not all men run for cover when they're told they're going to have a baby. She's so freaking inconsiderate, she makes me sick.

• Love 16

They're not even trying to hide the fakery on this show. Last week they made a big deal showing Whitney's new decor, and this week all the old furniture was prominently shown. So, apparently we're supposed to believe that Buddy and Whitney's fight (which was partly about the new decor) is now over, even though in the "let's make up" scene the new furniture hadn't even been purchased yet. God know when all the other storylines fit into this timeline. My head is spinning.

• Love 10

And she acts like she should be put first in every situation. Like when her friend said he was singing in his choir for a very important event and she looked at him like he should feel guilty because he wasn't taking orders from her in dance class. The man is allowed to have a life outside of Whitney. She's such a damn bitch. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Anyone else think Buddy seems drunk?

No judging. I'd have to knock back a few to live with Whitney, too, and I don't even drink. 

To me, he sounds stuffy from snorting too much coke.

ETA: Although I can't imagine he'd be that fat or lazy if he did a ton of coke.  Man, he's such a slug, and he looks like he smells.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Honey said:

To me, he sounds stuffy from snorting too much coke.

To me he sounds like somebody who is on the brink of death because his weight is causing breathing problems. That scene of him sleeping on the couch was scary. He was not breathing right. Then he says he needs to get in shape and Whitney is concerned because he isn't loving his body enough? What the hell is wrong with her?

Buddy makes jokes that could be offensive to certain cultures. Did anybody catch that?

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 13

Oh, so Whitney and the Big Girl Dance Class now qualify as living North Carolina folk tradition? Because the last time I looked, the National Folk Festival was not a venue for zumba-lite aerobic classes to show off their choreography. Unless she and her class have a previously unrevealed expertise in clogging, I call bullshit on her being invited to dance at this particular venue.  I'm guessing her "participation" in the Festival is going to be about as genuine as her "participation" in the ballroom dance competition was last season. 

Loved how Whitney was moaning at the beginning of the episode about how she needed Buddy to return and support her through her terrible stress over being pregnant,  but at the end of the episode (when he was asking for ideas about getting back into shape) she shoved him off on Tal because she was far too stressed over being pregnant to be able to support anyone else.

Loved how Whitney still believes she's a candidate to be the on-air substitute for Lauren during Lauren's pregnancy leave. (I guess she missed the horrified expression on Maney, Lauren and Roy's faces when she suggested it last week.)  She'd better be a little nicer to Todd, or the Beasleys might stop forcing the radio station to have her on at all.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

Hot flow yoga is the last place I would take someone as deconditioned as Buddy. 

The producers put him in that hot yoga situation so that they could play quirky music and watch him fail. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

To me he sounds like somebody who is on the brink of death because his weight is causing breathing problems.

I didn't get into the Sopranos until the last 2-3 seasons. I used to comment to my son that I could hear James Gandolfini breathing and why didn't they cover that up. I wasn't surprised (saddened, but not surprised) when I learned he died - and after eating a big meal, too. He was a good actor and a friend to veterans, but he let himself get so big, something was going to happen.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

I didn't watch it and I feel great!  I got just as many LOLs about her worrying about pregnancy would affect her "dance career" as I would have if I watched, and none of the gross side effects of listening to her lies and general assholery :)

• Love 4

Is she wearing a hairpiece in her talking heads and when she was talking with her dad and then to her mom because when she's on the couch talking to Buddy, her hair is super thin and her side part is a half an inch wide and it looks like she has a bald spot in the back?  Did she buy two toned weave to go with her two toned hair?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, aliya said:

Yeah, unfortunately, I think it is (although, maybe someone with Whitney's obvious handicaps should go sooner).  My DIL just told us she is expecting...she's only a few weeks along, like Whitney. And her first dr's appt was like 2 weeks away.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, aliya said:

So my "pumpkins" are 15 and 11, but with my first pregnancy, the doctor saw me within the week and did another urine pregnancy test at the office.  I didn't have an ultrasound until around 20 weeks.  With the second pregnancy, the doctor didn't want to see me until I was out of my first trimester - like at 12 weeks!  Talk about nerve wracking!  They basically told me that home pregnancy tests are extremely accurate, so no need to confirm the pregnancy.  The thing is, she has PCOS and I guess false positives are common.  Someone should have told her that.  But then again, if she was rational and kept her "pregnancy" quiet for the first trimester, and not dragged out the "is she or isn't she" for three episodes, we would have nothing to snark on...so this is all our fault, LOL ;)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, aliya said:

I didn't get into the Sopranos until the last 2-3 seasons. I used to comment to my son that I could hear James Gandolfini breathing and why didn't they cover that up. I wasn't surprised (saddened, but not surprised) when I learned he died - and after eating a big meal, too. He was a good actor and a friend to veterans, but he let himself get so big, something was going to happen.

And he wasn't nearly as big as Buddy!

• Love 3

Oh Gods... they really are going to drag this pregnancy nonsense out for another week... fml....

I'm really coming to the conclusion that there is something mentally wrong with Whitney, because anyone (regardless of size) that would disrobe like that in front of people that she's trying to work with really has no sense of modesty or personal boundaries or even professional proprietary. She just loves to shove her body into people's faces, whether they like it or not. It's like she's thinking every five minutes "LOOK AT ME! SEE HOW GLORIOUS I AM IN MY CORPULENCE! BOW DOWN TO MY MAGNIFICENT BELLY AND SHOW YOUR REVERENCE." I'm like "Geez... we know that you're fat. You don't need to show off every square inch of epidermis when presented with the least opportunity."

I really felt for Buddy, because he's aware that his heaviness is now a serious problem for him and unlike Whitney, isn't living under the delusion that being as heavy as he is should be considered "fabulous". Not when he's having trouble breathing. And I give him credit for trying to find some activities to help him, but that yoga class was more than he could handle (and I felt sorry watching him struggle). He needs to start off slowly and build up so he doesn't hurt himself.

Lennie is being a much better sport than Whitless deserves. I don't think that most men would be thrilled with their ex letting them know that they're pregnant and you're the baby daddy, but he took it better than I certainly would have. But she's an idiot for not waiting until she gets medical confirmation and gets the full story. She's seriously jumping the gun here.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

How the eff would a pregnancy affect her dance "career?" She'd have to take a few weeks off from her glorified Zumba instruction to pop the kid out...or more realistically, get a higher-risk C-section because of her profound abdominal fat. I can see her now, "my body will never be the same after this!" Sure, Whit. You'll have that tiny loose skin flap on your FUPA like the rest of us. *cough* It's not like you're a ballerina, FFS. 

I had to look up FUPA.  LOL.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, leighroda said:

So we actually have ANOTHER WEEK of her being "pregnant"?  I really was hoping it would be resolved this week.

Since we all know she's not pregnant, I just can't watch next week with all the fakery. The previews of Lenny being so nice, the two of them holding hands and Lenny talking about buying a crib off of Craigslist....please make it stop. I'm thinking TLC must be supremely pissed off at Whitney for getting on social media and letting the world know she's not pregs. Isn't there some kind of a contractual agreement that you don't disclose vital information until it airs? It might affect ratings for the show. I know I won't be watching next week. Someone wake me up when pregnancygate is over. 

Oh, did anyone catch Whitney saying that Lenny must thought it weird that she called him to come over since she's the one that broke up with him because she "didn't love him anymore"?  Yes, Whitney, Lenny was madly in love. That's why last season she was stalking him outside of his house, driving around town endlessly looking for him, leaving messages and texts for him which went unanswered, and finally had to go to his door to get him to talk to her. Sure, Whitney, it was YOU who fell out of love. Delusional much? Just like the DJ (Roy) had the hots for her, too. Too bad he had a girlfriend. He looks like he wants to vomit every time he see's Whitney. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, MegD said:

The poor radio DJs. 1. Her bra is too small and she had under boob escaping. 2. Why is it necessary to strip to show off your tat. Turn the other way and lift your shirt or slide it off your shoulder. 3. I feel like TLC set up the "Whitney works for the radio again" and she's only going to think she is due to be hired any second. Don't admit that you didn't bathe!

I don't care how loose an atmosphere a radio show is, taking her shirt off to show her tattoo was unprofessional--and classless.  And when did she suddenly become a paid employee there?  Last week they told her they had no money in the budget for that.  Fake, fake, fake,.

Not to mention how conveniently they jumped to "OMG, you're pregnant!"  and how she doesn't know how to act to hide her faux 1-month along pregnancy.  Insult my intelligence just a little more, show--I dare you.

• Love 9

Also... whit had the audacity to lecture buddy on modesty... that blew my mind. I'm all for everybody keeping body parts to themselves, But Whitney can't pretend she walks around fully clothed ever. She can't even be bothered to put on clothes half the time on national television, so don't tell me you don't sit on the couch naked. I don't care if it's your couch, if I ever went to her house I would not sit on pretty much any surface. 

Buddy's breathing bothered me too, Whitney mentioned his mask... he really shouldn't be sleeping without his CPAP. And he was still drunk on that couch scene.  Even though I know it was producer driven, did Whitney really need to bring the "lease" to buddy at work? I know it was a joke, but still... who am I kidding why would they have any respect for anyone's job.

• Love 4

I actually liked last night's episode.  I do think that Whitney AT SOME POINT thought she was pregnant.  From what I surmise, the show takes creative license and uses previous events that are RE-ENACTED on camera.  At least that's how it seems to me. I did think that Lenny's reactions were genuine and I don't think he's that great of an actor.  So, I was pleased with their decision to work together, he didn't storm out and they were kind with each other.  That's a good start.  We'll just have to see how this pans out.  Of major concern is Whit's health.  Though she puts her head in the sand with her risks, a pregnancy puts her at a more higher risk, so, I suspect that is one reason she was so stressed. Plus, she is immature.  No doubt about that.  She'll have to make some huge adjustments and make some sacrifices.  I don't think she does much of that, but, I believe she would do it for a child. 

No doubt the radio scene was a set up.  Nothing is that coincidental.

Buddy seems off. I'm not sure what is going on with him, but, he seemed disoriented.  I hope he gets a check up.  They should have had Buddy get a physical before beginning an exercise program.  PLUS, the Yoga studio should have inquired about medical conditions before going into HOT Yoga.  Not smart.  That made Tau look foolish.  No need for that.  I don't think Tau is that reckless.  I just wish they could get more authentic with the happenings.  That is what could be so special about the show....not all that manipulation.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2