Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: The D Pic

• Start Topic

Kristen upsets Brittany by using a picture of Jax's genitals in her comedy show. Meanwhile, Lala returns to SUR to apologize for missing Ariana's birthday, but Tom refuses to forgive her. Later, Brittany's mom arrives from Kentucky and puts the pressure on Jax to join a church and marry her daughter. Finally, Lisa surprises Katie with a risqué bridal shower gift and Ariana drops a bomb on Stassi, leaving her stunned.

Brittany's mom is pretty cool. But what on earth outfit was Brittany wearing when she came over/went to the shower? It was like a "Sexy MC Hammer" Halloween costume. Especially since the dress code seemed to be "Coachella Chic."

Other than that... and the grandma decor of the rental... the shower looked like it could've been fun. That is, if Ariana hadn't been there. If she's so above these girls, why go to their parties?

Speaking of "going to stuff for screen time..." I love that these people all assume that "if LaLa hadn't said she'd go on Ariana's RV Birthday Party, I would've had a spot." Two weeks ago, Scheana. This week, James. For real, if you were really wanted... they would've made a way. 

• Love 2

Seriously. Katie & Stassi might have had a point re Lala. But Kristen was off the hook insane and cheating arguments hold no water when everyone on the show has cheated. I'm sorry Stassi's delicate sensibilities were offended that something might be "hurting somebody". Who the hell is she kidding?

Also, my parish is taking collections for a new dust blower.

• Love 12

Well, hell.  Things are finally starting to get interesting.   I'm enjoying seeing everyone interrelate with others beyond the cast.  Brittany's mom, Kirsten's standup, etc. Seems like it's all part of the next stage of life for people their age - and therefore a natural progression.

There is a lot to like about Katie, but I have to agree with everyone else that she has a mean streak - a big one.  I don't get why she doesn't see that about herself and take steps to fix it.  And, like Jax said in an earlier episode, she's falling back into Stassi's clutches.   I think she's meaner and less mature with Stassi around.

Both girls need to get some kind of therapy or life coaching to see just how bad they come off.  For Stassi, I think much of it this season is for the cameras.  She's mastered the drill.  For Katie, I don't think it's as intentional.  With Lisa V. in her court, she should be more mindful of her behavior so she doesn't sink that ship. 

I'm glad the show is continuing.  I'm interested in seeing the next journey's in their lives.

Oh, and while Ariana is a sour puss, I take her side in most (not all) things.  Stassi, and hence Katie, are being ridiculous where Ariana is concerned. 

Glad to see Kristen laying a bit low with all this.  I hope it continues.   She hasn't had much air time which could be either good or bad.  I hope they don't cut her out of the show.  When Jennifer Lawrence was on WWHL recently, Kristen asked her who she'd like let go from SUR and hence let go by the show.  I wonder if that was a look into her own future.  Sort of a coy way of letting us all know her own fate.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Brittany's mom is pretty cool. But what on earth outfit was Brittany wearing when she came over/went to the shower? It was like a "Sexy MC Hammer" Halloween costume. Especially since the dress code seemed to be "Coachella Chic."

Other than that... and the grandma decor of the rental... the shower looked like it could've been fun. That is, if Ariana hadn't been there. If she's so above these girls, why go to their parties?

Speaking of "going to stuff for screen time..." I love that these people all assume that "if LaLa hadn't said she'd go on Ariana's RV Birthday Party, I would've had a spot." Two weeks ago, Scheana. This week, James. For real, if you were really wanted... they would've made a way. 

Ariana lives with Sandoval, who is Katie's fiancee's ace boon.  She and Katie are employed at the same place.  She's in the wedding party; it makes sense that she is at a relatively public event that is a part of the wedding festivities.  When Katie first became engaged, she was not friends with Stassi.  So, now, Ariana has to deal with Stassi and Kirsten even though she hadn't bargained for it.  She's not perfect, but Ariana makes a lot more sense to me than these others do.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Sai said:

Lisa looked great in the opening scene with the gray sweater and her hair looked good also.

I loved her in the sweater! She wears neutrals! She looked so good!

I really don't understand why they're attacking Ariana, when they should be going after Lala. Ariana isn't Lala's keeper. (That's Stassi's job!) I loved how these girls started the drama and then Katie decided that she didn't want to "start anything" at her bridal shower. Um, hello? You're the one who started it! 

• Love 13

Since I'm probably the only person on this forum who has attended a Pentacostal Church in Appalachia,  I'm going to ask it:

How does Jax feel about snakes? 

1 hour ago, SFoster21 said:

Ariana lives with Sandoval, who is Katie's fiancee's ace boon.  She and Katie are employed at the same place.  She's in the wedding party; it makes sense that she is at a relatively public event that is a part of the wedding festivities.  When Katie first became engaged, she was not friends with Stassi.  So, now, Ariana has to deal with Stassi and Kirsten even though she hadn't bargained for it.  She's not perfect, but Ariana makes a lot more sense to me than these others do.

I get that on an "etiquette" level it makes sense for Ariana to be there, but on a friendship level? Not really. She doesn't seem to really like or care about Katie--which is understandable--yet she always makes such a show about how above any of these situations she is, and that gets old quick. IMO Stassi was right when she said that Ariana is making up her own rules when it comes to the wedding stuff -- which is her prerogative, I guess, but it doesn't really demonstrate, to me, anything that makes her more admirable in this instance. She may not have predicted who'd be there months before the shower... but it was obvious by the time the party rolled around, so she basically does need to deal with it, as crazy as it's getting.

The whole NDA conversation was dumb and pretty preposterous, but I'm 100% over Ariana's overall "cool girl" act. If you have to tell me how cool and smart and funny you are... meh. She's not as horrendous as some of the other girls, but her attitude is so off putting to me that I can't bring myself to like her even if she does occasionally say something that makes rational sense.

9 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

Since I'm probably the only person on this forum who has attended a Pentacostal Church in Appalachia,  I'm going to ask it:

Takes one to know one?

(too easy? ;)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Jax is from Minnesota?   Oh nooooooooooo!!!!

Loved Brittany's mom being so direct with him.  Hee

Tom Scwartz is from Woodbury, MN which is a nicer suburb of the Twin Cities....and fairly close to the Mall of America and airport.

46 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I'm dying to know who Lala's sugar daddy is!  Any guesses?

I hope we find out who it is!

• Love 1

Eh. I totally get Stassis feelings in this episode. Araina is not nice or fun to be around and almost everything she does and/or says really does come off as she's so much better than it or somethinG. It's not cute or a good quality to have if you ask me.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

He works at Sur and lives in LA 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I'm dying to know who Lala's sugar daddy is!  Any guesses?

Randall Emmett. He's the producer of the movie she just did. Both he and Lala seemed to have scrubbed the movie from their IMDB pages, but Lala said that she was in a movie, Arsenal, starring Nic Cage, John Cusack, and Adrian Grenier. Emmett's name is still listed as a producer on Wikipedia.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256542/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_(2017_film)?wprov=sfla1

Last season she was dating Hayes Pullard. She made out with James, but accidentally let it slip that she had rimmed and fucked Hayes the night before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_Pullard?wprov=sfla1

Jax and Kristen are from Michigan. Schwartz is from Minnesota. Sandoval is from Missouri. Katie and Lala are from Utah. Ariana is from Florida. Stassi is from Louisiana (New Orleans), but I think she moved in high school with her mom to Lake Arrowhead. We know Brittany is from Kentucky.  Scheana and Shay are from West Covinaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Califoooooooooooorniaaaaaa!

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16

C'mon, Jax is pretty upfront about having zero interest in marriage.  Ya have to give him that.  When he says otherwise, it's obvious he's totally full of shit.  If Brittany & her mother really wanna believe he'd ever marry her, sorry, that's on them to be so dumb.

So next ep we're going back to more discussion of Jax & his gay side, eh?  Bring it.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm kinda diggin' you lately, Ari.  Anyone who tells Stassi she doesn't give a shit what she thinks, right up to her face, is OK by me.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

C'mon, Jax is pretty upfront about having zero interest in marriage.  Ya have to give him that.  When he says otherwise, it's obvious he's totally full of shit.  If Brittany & her mother really wanna believe he'd ever marry her, sorry, that's on them to be so dumb.

So next ep we're going back to more discussion of Jax & his gay side, eh?  Bring it.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm kinda diggin' you lately, Ari.  Anyone who tells Stassi she doesn't give a shit what she thinks, right up to her face, is OK by me.

Amen to all this, but especially Arianna totally shitting right on Stassi's face and telling her how useless she truly is---couldn't have happened to a more deserving cast member! It's beyond creepy how obsessively she and Kristen meddle into other cast members' business and insert themselves into their lives. I know they have to just to remain relevant and part of the cast, but still, it just reeks of pathetic desperation, like the once cool Senior who graduated from high school a few years ago yet still hangs out around the high school and its students...

I remember that Sandoval and Stassi were never all that cool with each other anyway, so it makes sense that he and Adrianna are over her ongoing theatrics.

Can't imagine how *any* female((or male, heyo!)) would consider Jax to be marriage material. And Brittany's mom was just being super annoying with the way she kept pushing the issue. Plus, as a native Southern gal, I got really annoyed with the stereotypical "Southern girls are like this..." talk from the guys((no, we don't all want to marry and start having babies by age 20)) and Brittany's mom doing the tired old "Come to MY church and you'll like it!"((no, church services are ALL the same when forcing a non-religious person to attend a church service)) after asking about Jax's church going. Obviously the guy isn't too religious and isn't ready to settle down and start a family, so leave him alone already before you scare him any further!!

LaLa still sucks, of course; self-absorption and selfish narcissism to the core with that one.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So is all this NDA talk supposed to be an ironic thing that us viewers aren't supposed to get?  I mean that EVERYONE in the cast has to sign an NDA with producers & Bravo.

I think the fact that both the alleged sugar daddy and Lala have removed the movie where they met from both of their IMDB credits is kind of telling, especially on Lala's part because she doesn't have nearly any credits to begin with. 

I don't know if the dude is making them sign NDAs, but he's married with 2 kids and a decently big deal as a producer. Even if he's not making them sign NDAs, he's probably giving strongly worded warnings about letting it slip who he is. I can see Sandoval and Ariana going along with it because they still think they're going to get their big breaks and this guy might be their chance. Lala should go for Dean Zanuck. He's single now.

• Love 8

Eh. Ariana as I said in my earlier post still gets no points with me. She's trying to be on both sides re Lala vs Katie but Lala said messed up things. Like Lala said she knows Tom and Katie's marriage is going to fail and she can't wait so she can hook up with him!?!!! If someone said this info about my friends fiancée, I wouldn't be inviting her to my birthday party but I digress. Also yes the three main girls have fought a lot but Ariana's snarky bitchy little "I NEVER fight with my friends" gets an the roll from me. Seriously, it's comments like that that explain why i can't ever like her. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So is all this NDA talk supposed to be an ironic thing that us viewers aren't supposed to get?  I mean that EVERYONE in the cast has to sign an NDA with producers & Bravo.

Signing an NDA for work is a lot different than signing an NDA over someone's married boyfriend.  I've signed a shit ton of NDAs, bt I've never had to sign one because my friend's married boyfriend doesn't want me to blab about him flying us around in his private jet, but I guess maybe me and my friends are all ugly or don't have boobs since that's the only way to live in LA and have that not happen.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Ariane's reaction to the NDA/Coechella was weird. She was all I barely even said hi to Lala that wekekend, sure I was comped the entire weekend and never hung out with her but....

Tom and Araina were on WWHL tonight and I believe they said they stayed in the house. Or got ready in the house. Also Lala supposedly gave away her Coachella passes.. so she didn't go at all? And some other guy paid for the house? I don't know. It's all so confusing.

I thought it was kinda cute how, after Stassi and Kristen came over to Brittany and Jax's place and Brittany (and Jax, to a lesser extent) gave Kristen grief for using his dick pic in her act the night before; the 4 of them sat around on the couch, laughing and joking around. 

No yelling, no screaming, no drama. 

• Love 3

Katie's bridal party is "the first wedding event of the season". The season??? What, is she a fucking socialite now? With a Taco Bell tower?  I can't. 

LVP looked SO pretty in that meeting with Katie, when she just had a simple, grey V-neck sweater on. More of that style, less of the froo-froo bows and collars. 

Thank God for pixelation. And I'm with Stassi. I've been with my husband for 11 years and I don't know if I'd recognize a picture of his D. Sorry, I just don't think I would. 

But Brittany sure did, though. I get her being pissed, but she chose to immerse herself in this incestuous group, so I can't really be bothered to get too worked up about it. 

I really do not care for her mother. Bad style. Fake sweet. Pushy church lady. No thanks. She just really rubbed me wrong. 

Wow, James is really serious about trading his liquor for ice cream. And Lala apparently can't got into even the most casual of social situations without some type of lubrication. She's not a supportive friend at all. Go scorched earth on her, James!!!

And, while I've never been to LA, I'm pretty it's not "just LA" to ride around in private jets and helicopters. Not everyone in LA is rich....or banging a rich, married dude. 

Yea, I think she's lying about it. I think it has something to do with why she bailed on Sonoma. And I think her apology was shitty as hell. 

I also think Ariana is lying about that NDA. She got super twitchy. 

But I did love when she told Stassi she didn't give a fuck about her. Not everyone does. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Sai said:

I was cracking up at the dick pic when Brittany kept saying you could have given me a "heads up" and then when Jax lied about his dick and she said she didn't like lies no matter "how big or how small".  Cripes, I'm like Beevis and Butthead over here.  lol

I am pretty sure Jax said "a low blow" as well.

10 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Seriously. Katie & Stassi might have had a point re Lala. But Kristen was off the hook insane and cheating arguments hold no water when everyone on the show has cheated. I'm sorry Stassi's delicate sensibilities were offended that something might be "hurting somebody". Who the hell is she kidding?

Good point! I haven't watched this season regularly, but I take it LaLa is now admitting to be a hooker again?

4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Wow, James is really serious about trading his liquor for ice cream. And Lala apparently can't got into even the most casual of social situations without some type of lubrication.

I don't think that's the right word for "adult beverage". ;-)

Wow, a bachelorette party(?) catered by Taco Bell?

Why were FI-Tom and Arienna so angry and upset about LaLa bailing on them? I thought they didn't even like her in the first place and didn't want her there. Did I miss something earlier this season?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Also, my parish is taking collections for a new dust blower.

Hahahahaha, I'm dead. Laughing so fucking hard right now. I was raised Catholic and I immediately figured he was talking about one of those incense balls. But Brittany's reaction was so damn funny. Brittany's mom said she was Pentecostal. I had an ex whose parents were Pentecostal and they legit had snakes in their church. I'll take the dust blower over that any day!

6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

At least once an episode Sandoval cracks me up, tonight it was "you should have told her Church of Scientology."

Even better, I would have told that orange Stepford woman I'd attend her Pentecostal church if she came to my Satanist one. 

(I'm a Christian myself, but pushy Christians rub me the WRONG way.)

19 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Why were FI-Tom and Arienna so angry and upset about LaLa bailing on them? I thought they didn't even like her in the first place and didn't want her there. Did I miss something earlier this season?

They've actually been pretty friendly with Lala this season, which has irritate the Coven to no end. I think they still had a good time, and it probably would have been awkward if Lala and Jax were in that cramped RV together. But Ariana wasn't going to invite people she didn't like. They had to pay for tickets for an exact number of people and give specific names and everything. So it was super shitty of Lala to bail so last minute. Personally, I think her married BF found out that Jax was there and put his foot down. The way James speaks of Lala's behavior, this mystery guys seems quite controlling, to me. 

• Love 9

Jax is so gross, and dirty/greasy looking.  Why would any mature man want to send pictures of his penis over the phone?  He knew it made twitter or instagram and probably hoped it would.  I will never understand why any of these people want to be around him. 
He goes from 0 to 70 at the drop of a hat and has real anger issues.  As long as it's about him it's OK.  If the conversation fades off him he gets louder and sometimes more aggressive until once again he's the center of attention.  Bipolar maybe?
Had to be a setup with the marriage talk.  What sane mother would want their daughter tied to that loser.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Eh. I totally get Stassis feelings in this episode. Araina is not nice or fun to be around and almost everything she does and/or says really does come off as she's so much better than it or somethinG. It's not cute or a good quality to have if you ask me.

I guess I am at a loss when as Stassi ever been fun to be around?  Most of the show consists of Stassi, Kristen and Katie, trying to dictate who people she like and associate with and what punishments should be dealt for anyone who doesn't obey.  I think weekly Ariana proves she is above the mini-coven of Stassi, Kristen and Katie by not co-signing their bullshit. Lala standing Ariana up for her birthday has nothing to do with Lala's opinion of Katie's ever expanding waistline.  Ariana and Tom had their discussion with Lala, found her excuses insincere and  behavior unacceptable and moved on.  Ariana and Tom don't owe the coven or anyone else a friendship autopsy.  That is how adults behave.

6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Ariane's reaction to the NDA/Coechella was weird. She was all I barely even said hi to Lala that wekekend, sure I was comped the entire weekend and never hung out with her but....

Often times part of a NDA is you do not discuss, confirm or deny entering into a NDA. 

• Love 8

Wow, a bachelorette party(?) catered by Taco Bell?

I am not engaged and if I were, I'd not want a bridal shower anyway, but if I did (and if I still ate meat and cheese), I'd be so down with Taco Bell being the menu. I ain't fancy!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ivygirl said:

That is, if Ariana hadn't been there. If she's so above these girls, why go to their parties?

I just assume it's the same reason that lots of people on reality tv shows go to each others parties: because they are both on the same TV show and contractually obligated to appear in some scenes together. And,as it's been mentioned, you can't discount the Tom/Tom relationship.  Social niceties, blah blah blah.

In any case, whatever the reason she was invited, I'm so glad she went.  Only because she gave Ms. StASSi the read she so desperately needed and deserved.  One of the few times Stassi actually seemed (mercifully) at a loss for words.

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

At least once an episode Sandoval cracks me up, tonight it was "you should have told her Church of Scientology."

I legitimately laughed-out-loud at that one. Sandoval can be hilarious!  Even though gross Jax was a part of it, I did enjoy that scene with the 4 guys at lunch.  It seemed very relaxed and real.  I guess it helps when the people filming are legitimately friends who have known each other for a long time. 

4 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

I thought it was kinda cute how, after Stassi and Kristen came over to Brittany and Jax's place and Brittany (and Jax, to a lesser extent) gave Kristen grief for using his dick pic in her act the night before; the 4 of them sat around on the couch, laughing and joking around. 

No yelling, no screaming, no drama. 

True.  But that's because it was a "beef" (exaggerated!) between Kristin and Brittany.  Now imagine if SCHEANA or LALA had been the one in the sketch comedy troupe to use Jax's DP on stage.  It would have been WWIII. 

Speaking of the shower, I did not dig Lisa's snarky remarks to Brittany and her mom.  I mean, yes, in theory, I agree that Jax is no good. But I thought her remarks were unnecessarily cruel.  Whether or not YOU don't like him, Lisa, the fact is that Brittany is in love with, and lives with, the ape.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Ah yes, Jax the good Midwestern boy next door ha! I think just about everyone on this show moved to California from somewhere else (and desperately trying to live up to what they think LA is about). Except for Scheana who I'm just guessing might be from OC because it seems like she grew up nearby and her mother comes back and forth a lot.

I have to say as someone who was born in LA and grew up in SoCal, and whose mother is a native Angeleno, I find that many of the stereotypically "LA" types are actually not from there and a lot of the locals are hella cool. Then again my people are from South (Central) LA, Compton, etc. It's a whole other world from West Hollywood. I just chuckled at La La's little rant about every chick with boobs who isn't ugly having been on a private plane, because that's just LA....ummmm okay lol.

Edited by Negritude
  • Love 7

Taco Bell is barely edible when it's warm.  But COLD?  Unless there was a heating element on the table I missed, a room temperature Taco Supreme is not my idea of "Good Eats!"  But I know Katie loves the Bell, and it's her shower.....but I just wondered if they had found a way to keep the stuff warm.  

And of course, it being Tuesday, I know what I'M making for dinner tonight.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

And Lala apparently can't got into even the most casual of social situations without some type of lubrication.

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I don't think that's the right word for "adult beverage". ;-)

In LaLa's case, this covers  alcohol and Astroglide.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Thumper said:

Unfortunately, we Michiganders get to claim Jax.  AND Kristen.  (I see Hunter Hunted beat me to the news.)

Edited by UMAngela
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Often times part of a NDA is you do not discuss, confirm or deny entering into a NDA. 

Exactly. Like they're going to tell Stassi, of all people? I really did think Ariana was lying. I don't care. I get it. But she was hemming and hawing like nobody's business. 

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I am not engaged and if I were, I'd not want a bridal shower anyway, but if I did (and if I still ate meat and cheese), I'd be so down with Taco Bell being the menu. I ain't fancy!

I'm not fancy either. But it seems like Katie is trying to BE fancy. With her $18 tea towel wedding invites and ladies-who-lunch "first wedding event of the season". And then there's the Taco Bell tower. It just didn't jive. 

• Love 7