Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Charl-Lotta Drama

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Johnny is either an idiot or playing for his 15 minutes.  Kandi may keep a close eye on her coins (which is partly why she has many more than the other Hos do) but she doesn't strike me as an unfair person.  If Johnny made a deal for $500 per week to do things as her assistant, he should have clarified how many hours.  He didn't say he was working 80 or so hours every week.  If he was, he should have renegotiated his pay.  I don't imagine he has a legal leg to stand on, especially since he didn't seem to be concerned or talking lawsuits until he was let go.  He's a damn fool to burn that bridge though, since Kandi was apparently okay with hiring his company for her events. 

Porsha is pretty but oh so dumb.  Has she ever said what her single ass needed that big house for?  Girl, please.

Porsha said she wanted the big house because she was going to have a family in the near future so I guess she wants to have everything set up for if that happens. Not like a man would have any hopes of wanting to find a place with his new wife and have a say in any of that. Porsha just wants babies and any man that likes her well enough to commit to her, she'll happily accept and let him impregnate her. I'm not sure Porsha is patient enough to find a man she loves more than she loves the idea of marriage and babies.

As for Johnny, amen to his stupidity. He not only burned a bridge of someone who became one of his regular clients, but he has lost the opportunity to use Kandi's profile and her events to showcase the work of his company. It's not at all uncommon for people in the service industry to generate clientele first within their own networks (to which they often do so at a lesser rate because they are an unproven commodity but in the early stages, they value opportunities to build their portfolio). I fail to see why he would do this for his 15 minutes of fame when he's potentially jeopardizing the reputation of his business (then agian, it's been established that he doesn't seem to be all that bright). As a potential client, I see a man who is too incompetent to set the appropriate prices for the services his company provides and then has the audacity to make a spectacle seeking legal counsel as though he wasn't paid what he was owed.

Johnny was acting like a 'DIVA" people are so stupid they put everything on social media..

• Love 2
13 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Peter just had to be skeevy and ask her back to his place. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

Porsha has over corrected.  First she was this dumb stepford wife and now she is just short of a prostitute.  Her grandfather must be spinning in his grave.

Overcorrected ha! Ain't that the truth. She has done a complete 180 from the Porsha we met in her first season.

Had Peter asked off camera, he might have gotten somewhere with it. Cynthia has said before that he puts it down and I'm always hearing about women sleeping with their exes just to scratch that itch and scratch it with someone they're comfortable with so it wouldn't have been completely out of the realm of possibility lol.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, byrd said:

Johnny was acting like a 'DIVA" people are so stupid they put everything on social media..

I deleted my recording of the episode already, but I could have sworn I heard mention of Johnnie doing an event for Tiny (Tameka Harris, wife of rapper T.I.) in the show. So not only did this fool mess up his very nice, televised promotions with Kandi, he also ruined himself with her network of people who are pretty influential in Atlanta (and hip hop in general). These are people that also have crossover on other networks, like VH1. TI and Tiny have a show, Kandi is friends with Rasheeda who is on Love and Hip Hop:Atlanta, Kandi's other good friend Toya has done multiple reality shows and is the mother to Lil Wayne's oldest who did MTV's Super Sweet Sixteen...and like all reality "stars" these people host events on tv and have wannabes who emulate them willing to throw cash to say "I had the same designer/planner/venue as...". Throwing connections away, all for a chance to throw a little shade on a Sunday night. 

How dreadful.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 12

How did Matt just suddenly materialize the moment Kenya arrived at Peter's bar? Did she give him a ride there? It seemed bizarre that Matt would not only just suddenly appear out of nowhere, but that he would know exactly which SUV Kenya was in; the windows were tinted and I assume it must've been rental. What's up with all that?

• Love 11
  1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

Justin James said it best.....

JUSTINJ

Stopped this as soon as he said that foolishness about Kandi not paying bills. Nothing else he could possibly say would make sense. He sounded too stupid and didn't want to have him get the view count credit that comes after the :30 second mark. 

Since when has anyone accused Kandi of not paying her bills? If anything, she is too generous with people she has a personal connection to (Kim Z, telling Todd to chill on the Phaedra bill for nearly a year, Mama Joyce...need we say more?). No time for foolishness. She even contracted Johnnie for his services after she let him go from her full time payroll.  If someone is referencing the restaurant, as has been pointed out before, the issues with contractors (the same that are faced by MANY people, not just celebrities, but have also affected Kenya and Sheree to cite ppl on this show) are subs suing because the general didn't pay them, not because the owners aren't on top of their bills to the general contractor. The owner is usually named as a matter of course. 

This woman has multiple businesses, homes, income streams and there are ZERO bad reports about her financially, nothing unearthed about her business dealings. Even things that didn't prosper (the play) still didn't come down to her stiffing anyone for the bills. Haters are going to have to find a better angle than that. 

Amen to your comment about issues with contractors. We just happen to be going through EXACTLY this scenario right now: we paid the general contractor hundreds of thousands of dollars, and he pocketed most of it and stiffed his subcontractors, who also had to name us, as owners of the property, in their pursuit to get money from the GC. Very, very frustrating, and I'm all sympathy for anyone going through it and having people mistakenly judge them as deadbeats when, in fact, they're also victims.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

How did Matt just suddenly materialize the moment Kenya arrived at Peter's bar? Did she give him a ride there? It seemed bizarre that Matt would not only just suddenly appear out of nowhere, but that he would know exactly which SUV Kenya was in; the windows were tinted and I assume it must've been rental. What's up with all that?

I'm guessing production told him when and where to show up, which car she was in, and cameras and lights were set up and ready.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Negritude said:

Overcorrected ha! Ain't that the truth. She has done a complete 180 from the Porsha we met in her first season.

Had Peter asked off camera, he might have gotten somewhere with it. Cynthia has said before that he puts it down and I'm always hearing about women sleeping with their exes just to scratch that itch and scratch it with someone they're comfortable with so it wouldn't have been completely out of the realm of possibility lol.

Unless she's already had that itch scratched. He was too late.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

Stopped this as soon as he said that foolishness about Kandi not paying bills. Nothing else he could possibly say would make sense. He sounded too stupid and didn't want to have him get the view count credit that comes after the :30 second mark. 

Since when has anyone accused Kandi of not paying her bills? If anything, she is too generous with people she has a personal connection to (Kim Z, telling Todd to chill on the Phaedra bill for nearly a year, Mama Joyce...need we say more?). No time for foolishness. She even contracted Johnnie for his services after she let him go from her full time payroll.  If someone is referencing the restaurant, as has been pointed out before, the issues with contractors (the same that are faced by MANY people, not just celebrities, but have also affected Kenya and Sheree to cite ppl on this show) are subs suing because the general didn't pay them, not because the owners aren't on top of their bills to the general contractor. The owner is usually named as a matter of course. 

This woman has multiple businesses, homes, income streams and there are ZERO bad reports about her financially, nothing unearthed about her business dealings. Even things that didn't prosper (the play) still didn't come down to her stiffing anyone for the bills. Haters are going to have to find a better angle than that. 

Kandi has the biggest target on her back on this show because she's the only one with any real money. She would be dodging lawsuits left and right if she wasn't paying her bills. She is not. Kandi is comfortably a millionaire unlike the rest of these women who are clinging desperately to $1,000,000.01 to call themselves millionaires. Nene's got her tax issue. Sheree had her tax and debt issues that were so bad she had to put her chateau in her mother's name. Porsha closed on her big house and immediately had a lien attached to it for her $750K debt. You cannot hide these things. Even across franchises. This shit always comes out.

This is the first time we've heard anything about Kandi not paying someone and even in their pleadings, her subcontractors admit that it is the general contractor who is supposed to pay them. They've only sued Kandi too because she has money and they're hoping that there is the random chance that she didn't pay the general contractor. All Kandi has to do is answer their pleadings with proof she paid the general contractor and she'll be severed from the suit and the plaintiffs will be barred from trying to collect from her. This is such a pathetic bullshit argument. People don't like her. Whatever. That's fine. But this is as stupid an argument as the PEOTUS claiming that they're all sold out of dresses in D.C.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Justin James said it best.....

JUSTINJ

Loved it!  I forgot about the part when Bob was getting out of the car and had to practically have the jaws of life.  Why do big men drive small cars?  Loved when he said Kandi is so cheap she wouldn't pay for the C in Kandi and went down the line for the cheap K.  roflmao

• Love 3

Is this a Golden Globe look in anyone's universe? Anyone? Bueller?

And it gets weirder. Kenya and Nene went together, or at least to the after party. Kenya was polling her twitter followers about her outfit options the day before, and went with something totally different. I dislike and distrust Kenya immensely, but she pulled it out on the red carpet. Especially with Nene on her arm. You've got to wonder if Kenya was knocking on the adjoining door of their suites, influencing Nene's style choices and messy edges

gettyimages-631285882.jpg

You can see the pasties! Her feet are coming out of her shoes! The lycra catsuit! And I have a shorter version of one of those black bingo wing coverups in my closet, we all do past a certain age. The only thing I can say about Fashion Policer Nene, is that her face looks younger to me. What has she done? Kenya's Spanx are showing, but she looks fit as the 'white' to Nene's 'black'. 

gettyimages-631295772.jpg

• Love 5

Ever since Nene called Brandon a queen and was basically "queen this" and "queen that" in season 6, her hair, makeup, and clothing has been a mess. I joked that "The Gays" issued a Fashion Fatwa. But really, she's looked a mess since then. I honestly think her people have stopped insisting that she listen to their suggestions and just followed her orders.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, queenjen said:

Is this a Golden Globe look in anyone's universe? Anyone? Bueller?

And it gets weirder. Kenya and Nene went together, or at least to the after party. Kenya was polling her twitter followers about her outfit options the day before, and went with something totally different. I dislike and distrust Kenya immensely, but she pulled it out on the red carpet. Especially with Nene on her arm. You've got to wonder if Kenya was knocking on the adjoining door of their suites, influencing Nene's style choices and messy edges

gettyimages-631285882.jpg

You can see the pasties! Her feet are coming out of her shoes! The lycra catsuit! And I have a shorter version of one of those black bingo wing coverups in my closet, we all do past a certain age. The only thing I can say about Fashion Policer Nene, is that her face looks younger to me. What has she done? Kenya's Spanx are showing, but she looks fit as the 'white' to Nene's 'black'. 

gettyimages-631295772.jpg

NeNe is now a NoNo.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Kandi has the biggest target on her back on this show because she's the only one with any real money. She would be dodging lawsuits left and right if she wasn't paying her bills. She is not. Kandi is comfortably a millionaire unlike the rest of these women who are clinging desperately to $1,000,000.01 to call themselves millionaires. Nene's got her tax issue. Sheree had her tax and debt issues that were so bad she had to put her chateau in her mother's name. Porsha closed on her big house and immediately had a lien attached to it for her $750K debt. You cannot hide these things. Even across franchises. This shit always comes out.

This is the first time we've heard anything about Kandi not paying someone and even in their pleadings, her subcontractors admit that it is the general contractor who is supposed to pay them. They've only sued Kandi too because she has money and they're hoping that there is the random chance that she didn't pay the general contractor. All Kandi has to do is answer their pleadings with proof she paid the general contractor and she'll be severed from the suit and the plaintiffs will be barred from trying to collect from her. This is such a pathetic bullshit argument. People don't like her. Whatever. That's fine. But this is as stupid an argument as the PEOTUS claiming that they're all sold out of dresses in D.C.

Kandi brought up a good point, why on camera? I thought Johnny a weenie because you just don't get to sue because of who fired you.  That is why people hire managers so they don't have to engage.  According to Kandi there is a lawsuit pending.  I would have thought his claims from four years ago would have been barred but apparently theyu have along statute of limitations.  I hope he isn't suing over the restaurant idea.  Opening a restaurant isn't exactly a unique idea.

I still have a major issue with Phaedra not declaring a conflict.  She had no business discussing anything with Johnny.  She is becoming a very small petty person.   I hope she and Porsha just go away at this point.  

• Love 7

Late watching, but I agree with those who see a lot manufactured about the Kenya and Matt stuff. I do think homeboy has some serious issues. But I think Kenya is intentionally provoking him so she can play victim. It seemed sort of odd that they arrived at basically the same time, and then we saw plenty of Matt walking around, but never saw this supposed "slap" or whatever. I'm not saying he didn't touch the guy, he even admitted to it. But the whole thing was odd. I actually found myself agreeing with Peter - no more communication, period! Kenya is just loving this shit, it's so obvious. 

Cynthia looked stunning at Peter's opening, and the fact that he dared to try and get her back to his place after was just proof positive that it was right to leave him. I had an ex try to do that with me once and it really sent home the message that ending things was a GOOD call. 

Porsha living back at home and sneaking her boyfriend in was all kinds of ridiculous. 

Sheree is trying parkour. Is this 2010? I wanted to see Dwight and Michael jumping off the roof. Also, now she's written a "novel"? Bahahaha. Okay. Sheree cracks me up, but who is she fooling? She just spilled the dirt and some writer put it into story form. That's all. 

I'm confused about the whole deal with Kandi and Johnnie. I don't get what he thinks she did wrong. It was right of Phaedra to pass on the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if she and Johnnie collaborated about that scene before he just waltzed in. 

NO MAMA JOYCE THIS WEEK!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'm confused about the whole deal with Kandi and Johnnie. I don't get what he thinks she did wrong. It was right of Phaedra to pass on the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if she and Johnnie collaborated about that scene before he just waltzed in. 

What I got off screen is that

1. Kandi and Johnny worked very close for several years and as friends.  As friends, Johnny basically agreed to do several tasks for Kandi at a rather low rate as a startup for his future business.

2.  Apparently, now that he has established his own business, he had less time to spend on her many tasks and at the rate agreed upon, he felt he did not have to go that extra mile with her and concentrate more on he budding business ventures.  During this time, they had agreed upon opening a restaurant together as partners so he continued to help her with the belief that they would help each other.

3.  Once Todd was in the picture, it apparently changed the dynamics of the unwritten agreement as Kandi went with Todd to open a restaurant instead of working with Johnny.  I believe Johnny felt somekindaway about it and concentrated more on his business than on the many under-paid tasks requested by Kandi

4.  Kandi apparently never sat down with him to discuss his role in her company or business ventures and used Don Juan to shut him out.  Her passive aggression move was to still get him to do several tasks for her but not as a paid employee.  This was what caused him to post the meme

5.  Several other employees have also dissented regarding either receiving very low pay for services or not being paid at all, hence several lawsuits that are on the books against the Kandi Factory and from the restaurant, The Tuckers, themselves.

Johnny's suit is not the only one out there.

• Love 6

Nene looks a mess and her face looks weird.  She looked fine in her first season of the show.  She just needed a makeover, but, not plastic surgery.   I am disappointed that she hung out with that nutjob Kenya.  Kenya seemed to  always want Nene's approval and I got a kick out of Nene,  withholding that, from her.  There is nothing authentic, about Kenya, she is a very beautiful woman, that hair is to die for, but, she is not right in the head.  Her constant need, to play the martyr, is pathetic. I guess, I must be cold-hearted, I have never felt any sympathy for her, whatsoever.  Her latest stunt with that young guy, is par for the course.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

NeNe insists on wearing those jumpsuits and pants when she has mile long, toned legs and really ought to be showing them off in short skirts. She knows damn well her legs look good too so I don't get it. 

Sherees book sounds like snoresville. 

Im so beyond tired of this Matt and Kenya bullshit. Matts crazier than a shithouse rat but she is provoking and using him for attention and a story. I have to wonder if she's addicted to drama and conflict because I mean damn. It happens over and over. 

Her yorkies are so cute but I love yorkies and have a rare black one. They are terrific dogs. 

I smell a reconcilation story for Cyn and Pete brewing for next year. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Oh I hope not. I want to see her spread her wings a little and find someone hot who appreciates her.

I hope not either.  I think Cynthia is a nice woman and wants to remain friends with people she's loved, I totally understand that.  However,  I think she's done with Peter.  Sometimes,  no matter how much love you have for a person, there is just no going back. 

1 hour ago, Watermelon said:

A reconciliation would explain why he ended up on the trip to hawaii....

What?  Oh God. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Why does every scene with Bob and Sheree end the same way? Bob standing in a puddle of his own sweat? 

Lol ! I said the same thing about poor Bob, the man sweats all of the darn time.

Edited by byrd
22 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I'm guessing production told him when and where to show up, which car she was in, and cameras and lights were set up and ready.

Funny , when Kenya was trying to explain how she had a change of heart about Matt attending the opening, she sounded rehearsed. Maybe Matt is right she is toying with him and he was pissed about Peter cancelling his ticket because of Kenya, he was so angry he drove there to confront her. If all of this is true,  Kenya knows Matt very well and exactly how he would react to that bit of news. She knew he would show up there.

• Love 3
On 1/8/2017 at 11:06 PM, Sheenieb said:

"He rolled the window up on my neck, so I punched his bitch-ass in the face!"

I'm sorry, y'all, forgive me, but I was

200.gif#39

This is so ridiculous. I still don't know what to say about this Kenya/Matt storyline. I refuse to believe that any of this is genuine. But either way, Matt crazy. This is the same dude that ripped a taser out of his back.

I'm still with Kandi. Don't accept payment, and then turn around and be funny on social media. If you have a grievance with your ex-boss, who's still giving you coins by the way, either tell a close friend who isn't in the same social circle, or shit, buy a journal. But don't stunt for the gram.

Cynthia looked regal. Dropping Peter already has her looking like her formal self.

0rxGz.gif  

On 1/8/2017 at 11:22 PM, queenjen said:

And was that Wendell Pierce from The Wire and Treme I saw at Club One? He was in the background in one scene and then Todd shakes hands with him a couple of minutes later. I'll be catching that on the replay.

Kenya sent him a gas voucher when he whinged on social media that she had cancelled his air ticket. I don't know if he used it to flog the hooptie from the ATL airport to Charlotte from the opening, but it's possible. Kenya made sure he got there one way or another.

LMAO!!!!! girl hiiiiiii-ya!  No it wasn't no damn corny ass Wendell lol.   All due respect Wendell is shorter, fatter and not as gray yet.   I'm mad cause you right they do appear to be from the same tribe. 

22 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

and

15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Sun-diy service has now concluded.

Kandi is about 20 times wealthier than the "richest" housewife in her franchise.  Her net worth is nearly $40M.  She not only pays her bills, but doesn't amass debt nor believe in depreciating assets so she pays for her shit in cash.  With the majority of her income being sourced from recurring and/or residual investments, she actually is poppin like that, let's not confuse mathematical facts with I don't like that bish.

22 hours ago, Negritude said:

You heard it too right?  lol!  "I just saw Peter.   And he looks extra good tonight".     Girl.  He could've said and done literally anything else.   May I escort you back to your hotel?  My apartment is close by, can I interest you in a cognac?  Let me get you an Uber.    She made it nice (™ D. Medley) for you fool.  The least you could've done was not fuck it up.  But then smooth turnt and walked off when she was like yeah I'm good?  Ewwww.   I'm expecting too much though.  This is a grown ass man who fake-browsed a $160K car model several of which already exist in the world.  Like bruh if my dumbass had that kinda change to drop on a car you think it would be one people on planet earth have seen before?     

Todd made me laugh with "I mean the last thing you wanna do after a break up is get flashy, it's not a good look"  I put "you old billy goat" on the end.

Nene's is legit the only rhinoplasty I've ever seen that looks worse after.

Bob.  You got one, maybe two more jumps left in those knees boo.

I need to get on Kenya's spanx level, she looks like a damn bag of laundry out them things.

As soon as Matt pulled off I thought there goes Jazmine Sullivan again, racing back to Buckhead.   Both of em looked about Chris Brown/SouljaBoy many years old however old that is.   P.S.  How do you cancel an airline ticket you didn't buy? 

• Love 14
23 hours ago, Negritude said:

I think Cynthia still loves Peter, but she's had it with his crap. I'm not sure if the cameras weren't there that she would have gone with him.  She always said she never goes back to her ex's.. I believe it was Leon who said, Cynthia will run away in a heartbeat. We shall see.. 

• Love 7

Maybe Matt is right she is toying with him and he was pissed about Peter cancelling his ticket because of Kenya, he was so angry he drove there to confront her. 

So in my youth, I had someone stand me up and I drove nearly an hour to the party where I knew he'd be just to cuss him out.  I drove the entire way with no radio and my poor girlfriend (who went along for moral support and to see the fireworks) was too scared of my rage to dare to turn that radio on or adjust the heat which was blasting.  Good times!   I can laugh about it now but looking back, it was completely irrational and more than a little dangerous because I think I did 90 mph all the way there. I have no doubt that Matt drove that entire way getting angrier with each mile.  Unfortunately, he's probably learned too late that the most effective way of dealing with Kenya is to ignore her.  What other men are lining up to be with her and give her a half-assed storyline?  I'll wait...

Edited by absolutqt
  • Love 11

Don Juan got on my nerves this episode but he hasn't ever not. He is such a buttinski and is too authoritative for my liking. He's always hyped up as well and bit fussy. 

Kenyas voice was also annoying it's very prissy waspy tone and "I would like to speak to your manager" sounding this episode. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2017 at 10:19 PM, appledumpling said:

My bad, I thought he was coming all the way from Cali.  Still crazy behavior though.

Porsha looked ridiculous, at her age, sneaking a man into her mama's house?  Don't he have a place of his own? 

This! She has a job, hopefully so does he. Where I'm from that's disrespectful. I don't know if they did the do, but you don't do "it" in your parents house when you aren't married. She's foul. 

Kenya and Matt need to stop. 

I haven't liked Kandi in forever. 

I like Sheree. I was going to buy her book just to support a sister in the day and age of y'all President. However, after that little snippet I'll pass. As everyone stated above Sheree isn't the most erudite, and that line probably canceled all of the pre-orders. That was horrible, and corny. 

Kandi, the woman would kill a bitch over a chicken wing, I just couldn't don't know how she could watch her man with another woman. Then again, I'm dipping my toes into water I don't know about. I the same way over my husband and family the Kandi feels over her money and her food. As much dirt as she has under her acrylics... I can't with her. 

• Love 1
On January 10, 2017 at 8:03 AM, zoeysmom said:

Kandi brought up a good point, why on camera?

Why not!  Kandi's business successes and failures, dysfunctional family and employee relationships in all its glory, in-laws fighting, Mama Joyce acting a fool and dead beat baby daddy drama have all played out in front of the camera.  Why can't Johnny bring some drama to your storyline?  Carmon and Don Juan have.

If Matt knows he's being played then he should block Kenya's number.  I'm not trying to hear she keeps calling me, you don't have to answer. Duh!  Like someone said up thread, the best way to handle Kenya is to ignore her.

Edited by appledumpling
removing a comma and adding a word
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, appledumpling said:

On 1/10/2017 at 8:03 AM, zoeysmom said:

Kandi brought up a good point, why on camera?

Why not!  Kandi's business successes and failures, dysfunctional family and employee relationships in all its glory, in-laws fighting, Mama Joyce acting a fool and dead beat baby daddy drama have all played out in front of the camera.  Why can't Johnny bring some drama to your storyline?  Carmon and Don Juan have.

If Matt knows he's being played then he should block Kenya's number.  I'm not trying to hear she keeps calling me, you don't have to answer. Duh!  Like someone said up thread, the best way to handle Kenya is to ignore her.

But Matt has to follow the storyline that's been set up for them this season. It's all manufactured drama for the show. Otherwise, his ass would be in jail for the damage he did to her garage, the harassment, etc. 

• Love 3

So, I have a different take on Kenya, and I'm just going to leave it here, hopefully with the idea that some people at least consider it, because I think its a pretty serious issue.  I know you all hate her, and even though I love her, I can understand the hate for her, because until I liked her I didn't like her.

Anyways, I think people let their hate of Kenya cloud the issue of her relationship with Matt.  I do think he is abusive, and I don't particularly blame her for "provoking" him, because I don't think its an adequate excuse for violence, even if that is what she is doing.  However, I'm not even entirely sure she is doing that.

Kenya, from my understanding, has a history of dating abusive men.  So I don't particularly think this is a storyline for her.  

I will say that women who have had a difficult childhood, especially one where they didn't have a strong relationship with their father, can end up picking the wrong men.  They don't always have a strong relationship as a model, especially where there has been a chaotic childhood.  Which is what it sounds like Kenya had.  For those women, who don't really have a sense of self worth, the abuse and control may feel more like care.  Like "why would a man want to have so much control over me if he didn't care about me?"  And taken to extremes, this can turn to something ugly.  It feels more like passion and less like the abuse that it is.

Her "poking him" to me is her desire to just have someone around who she feels cares for her, because as beautiful as she is, as accomplished as she is, she may not feel she is worth anything more than a guy who is punching in her windows.  Especially if he was "so caring" at first.  I'm guessing she places a lot of the blame for his behavior on herself in spite of what she says.

But I think its real.  I think she was scared to have him around without the crew.  And the way he spoke to her in that driveway had me 100% convinced that he is on the way to hitting her if he hasn't already.  Also, those were blood droplets on her broken window.  Maybe someone in production is really detail oriented, but it seems pretty real to me.

Oh -- and on the subject of the ticket cancellation.  Honestly, it sounds like Kenya asked Peter not to have Matt there.  It would have been Peter who cancelled his flight, and it SHOULD HAVE been Peter who called to tell Matt and uninvited him.  Its Peter's event, not Kenya's event, so I don't see how she could uninvite him.  Once Peter told Kenya "okay," he should have cancelled the ticket and contacted Matt.  I'm not even sure how Kenya would go about cancelling the ticket, unless she was the one who purchased it for him (I was under the impression it was Peter).  And EVEN if she cancelled his ticket, that should have been his clue that she didn't want him there for whatever reason and he should have stayed away.  Why did he show up to something that no one wanted him at?

I'm sad because I honestly think that if he ended up killing her, half the viewing audience would end up blaming Kenya and claiming she is alive and this is all for a storyline.

I'm sad to see so many people blaming her for the actions of a grown man, and its not particularly here.  Its everywhere.  These relationships aren't that easy to break off.  I have a friend in what I consider to be an abusive relationship (not physically, but emotionally) and she really just cannot seem to break free.  

It sort of reminds me of that OJ documentary....I remember one older female juror saying something to the effect of "well, if Nicole stayed around and kept letting OJ beat her ass, she is to blame" (total paraphrase).  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7

As for Johnny and Kandi.  What a load of BS.  

I notice he conveniently left out how many hours he actually worked for that $500 check.

He just said he sometimes worked 80 hours a week.  That doesn't mean it was what he worked THAT week.  Its likely that if he had a side hustle, she let him work fewer hours to work on his own business.

Also, if he didn't have health insurance or any benefits, I think he was either part time or an independent contractor.  I think to be a part time employee you have to average less than 40 hours a week.  I don't think you automatically become full time if you end up working over 39 hours one week.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was something Kandi cooked up for a storyline, because no one would honestly be stupid enough to burn an ex-employer like that, especially one who is giving you business after she fired you.  Like why now, way after she fired you?  Just in time for a storyline that Kandi desperately needs because the OLG restaurant is a pretty bone dry story line.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

As for Johnny and Kandi.  What a load of BS.  

I notice he conveniently left out how many hours he actually worked for that $500 check.

He just said he sometimes worked 80 hours a week.  That doesn't mean it was what he worked THAT week.  Its likely that if he had a side hustle, she let him work fewer hours to work on his own business.

Also, if he didn't have health insurance or any benefits, I think he was either part time or an independent contractor.  I think to be a part time employee you have to average less than 40 hours a week.  I don't think you automatically become full time if you end up working over 39 hours one week.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was something Kandi cooked up for a storyline, because no one would honestly be stupid enough to burn an ex-employer like that, especially one who is giving you business after she fired you.  Like why now, way after she fired you?  Just in time for a storyline that Kandi desperately needs because the OLG restaurant is a pretty bone dry story line.

I don't think it is a storyline-Kandi is being sued by Johnny.  Her side of the story:  http://allthingsrh.com/kandi-burruss-reacts-situation-johnnie/#more-53247

• Love 1
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think it is a storyline-Kandi is being sued by Johnny.  Her side of the story:  http://allthingsrh.com/kandi-burruss-reacts-situation-johnnie/#more-53247

That was an interesting read, thanks for posting.  I wonder how far along the lawsuit is?  I can't imagine how this gets anywhere.

I guess I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, because this is such a silly move for him.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Do you have any links for that information?  I'd be interested to read it.

If it's the restaurant subcontractors who are suing her because the general contractor decided to bail, it's pretty clear that the general contractor is at fault. The complaint even states that the general contractor issued the fraudulent checks. You know who isn't suing Kandi? The general contractor. Because he has all the money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3855782/RHOA-star-Kandi-Burruss-husband-accused-screwing-construction-companies-worked-soon-open-Southern-restaurant-22-000.html

This kind of thing happens a lot. It's happened to a solid 25% of the people I know who have done renovations or built a house.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

That was an interesting read, thanks for posting.  I wonder how far along the lawsuit is?  I can't imagine how this gets anywhere.

I guess I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, because this is such a silly move for him.

Some people sue in hopes of getting a nuisance settlement.  Basically it just ends up costing people like Kandi a lot of money in attorneys fees. 

I can't imagine he will have any luck finding investors for his future projects.  Dumb ass.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Phaedra having a name plate on her desk cracks me up.  Production must have put it there so she would know where "her" office is...

I'd say that maybe 20% of the people I work with have name plates. I think some people just like them. Never been my thing.

17 hours ago, RealReality said:

So, I have a different take on Kenya, and I'm just going to leave it here, hopefully with the idea that some people at least consider it, because I think its a pretty serious issue.  I know you all hate her, and even though I love her, I can understand the hate for her, because until I liked her I didn't like her.

Anyways, I think people let their hate of Kenya cloud the issue of her relationship with Matt.  I do think he is abusive, and I don't particularly blame her for "provoking" him, because I don't think its an adequate excuse for violence, even if that is what she is doing.  However, I'm not even entirely sure she is doing that.

Kenya, from my understanding, has a history of dating abusive men.  So I don't particularly think this is a storyline for her.  

I will say that women who have had a difficult childhood, especially one where they didn't have a strong relationship with their father, can end up picking the wrong men.  They don't always have a strong relationship as a model, especially where there has been a chaotic childhood.  Which is what it sounds like Kenya had.  For those women, who don't really have a sense of self worth, the abuse and control may feel more like care.  Like "why would a man want to have so much control over me if he didn't care about me?"  And taken to extremes, this can turn to something ugly.  It feels more like passion and less like the abuse that it is.

Her "poking him" to me is her desire to just have someone around who she feels cares for her, because as beautiful as she is, as accomplished as she is, she may not feel she is worth anything more than a guy who is punching in her windows.  Especially if he was "so caring" at first.  I'm guessing she places a lot of the blame for his behavior on herself in spite of what she says.

But I think its real.  I think she was scared to have him around without the crew.  And the way he spoke to her in that driveway had me 100% convinced that he is on the way to hitting her if he hasn't already.  Also, those were blood droplets on her broken window.  Maybe someone in production is really detail oriented, but it seems pretty real to me.

Oh -- and on the subject of the ticket cancellation.  Honestly, it sounds like Kenya asked Peter not to have Matt there.  It would have been Peter who cancelled his flight, and it SHOULD HAVE been Peter who called to tell Matt and uninvited him.  Its Peter's event, not Kenya's event, so I don't see how she could uninvite him.  Once Peter told Kenya "okay," he should have cancelled the ticket and contacted Matt.  I'm not even sure how Kenya would go about cancelling the ticket, unless she was the one who purchased it for him (I was under the impression it was Peter).  And EVEN if she cancelled his ticket, that should have been his clue that she didn't want him there for whatever reason and he should have stayed away.  Why did he show up to something that no one wanted him at?

I'm sad because I honestly think that if he ended up killing her, half the viewing audience would end up blaming Kenya and claiming she is alive and this is all for a storyline.

I'm sad to see so many people blaming her for the actions of a grown man, and its not particularly here.  Its everywhere.  These relationships aren't that easy to break off.  I have a friend in what I consider to be an abusive relationship (not physically, but emotionally) and she really just cannot seem to break free.  

It sort of reminds me of that OJ documentary....I remember one older female juror saying something to the effect of "well, if Nicole stayed around and kept letting OJ beat her ass, she is to blame" (total paraphrase).  

Thank you for saying all of this, because I think people forget that these are real people, not just actors on a reality show. Yes, it's scripted, yes, it's staged for drama. But sometimes, things go wrong. Really, really wrong.

• Love 3

I thought Kenya's father "worshiped the ground she walked on" according to her.  So she HAD a strong father figure in her life.  I agree, she's not had the best upbringing, but most people who are similarly afflicted, go to counseling.  The woman is in her 40's.  She's managed to make some $$$, has a beautiful home, is a beautiful woman and still; cannot find ONE GUY ON THE PLANET that she can get along with.  I just don't quite understand it.  Plus the whole "he's dangerous, he's craaaazy" storyline has just been played out.  I'm really tired of it.  Same crap, different person.  It's DUMB and BORING.

• Love 6